Speaker 1: We are on Lonzo Ball Watch, and we have some more bad news. According to Sham's Lonzo Ball will undergo a third surgery on his left knee that will get him to miss completely all of next year, putting his entire career into doubt.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What to say, man, I don't know who these people are working on Lonzo. But the first initial injury was a simple meniscus tear, and now we've got a guy who might miss the rest of his career. He's on his third surgery. What is that gonna do? I do not want to face a reality where Lonzo Ball never plays in the NBA game, But that's what it is, so we'll move on. Jovon Buja just dropped the bomb also about the Lakers' future plans that coincides with the Lakers and D'Angelo Russell back in the fold. He wants to get another contract, he wants to go back to the Purple and Gold, and the Lakers are interested.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: So from what Jovon Buhan has been told by his sources around the organization, he says this, they want to run this situation, this current roster back it's looked good. So far, They've won a ton of games. They've done a lot of winning without Lebron and from what I've been told, they are not going to be pursuing Kyrie Irving in the off season. The Kyrie Irving ship, I think has sailed what That leaves Kyrie with just one option, the Maps, and we are gonna have to see how that plays out with Dallas. Good thing lucaikes playing with them. And as for the Lakers, I kind of like this for them.
Speaker 2: I like this team. This team's fun. This is the most fun version of the Lakers I've seen.
Speaker 1: In a long time. Likable too. I pretty much like everybody on this team. This is a much better team.
Speaker 2: Than they were in the Bowl when they won the title. If they had a little bit more depth. Dare I say the Lakers could be back? I hope not? All right?
Speaker 1: Moving on to this quick contract update, another alert came from Wojanowski.
Speaker 2: Boh, this is the bomb. This is the sound of the woj bomb.
Speaker 1: The Atlanta Hawks have lockdown Bogdon Bogdanovic four years sixty eight million dollar contract. Man That stings, considering that Boyon signed a four year, seventy three million dollar contract and I think he's older. Not only are they not related, but now Bogdon has to go through life knowing he's the second highest played b Bogdanovic in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Either, I like him, Quinn Snyder must like him. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: He loved Boyon when he played for Utah he had Joe Ingles and who is a slower version of bogdan But now he's also had Boyon Bogdanovic too. So now we have to wait until Quinn Snyder's master plan continues to reveal itself. I guarantee, I don't guarantee, but I do not think Trey Jung is back next year, Shucker. I guess there's another All Star bitching about the MVP award, and it's not Joel Embiid, only this time it is Yannie Yannis. Yes, that's how you know things are getting out of POCKETA because Jannis is speaking and is mad.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said.
Speaker 1: The thing that I don't get about the MVP criteria is that it changes. Like I believe and I know that people are dominating. So what is the MVP? Is it the guy that scores the most points? Is it the guy that's the most efficient Is it the guy that's the most dominant, Is it the guy who's the most valuable?
Speaker 2: Sometimes the best player isn't even the most valuable on the team.
Speaker 1: Like I think that Brook Lopez is really valuable player for our team. Like the MVP criteria just fucking sorry for my language. It just changes Yiannis can't even cuss without saying, hey, sorry, uh as I said again, I can't control that. I can only control how I prepare for the game and try to be ready for the game.
Speaker 2: That's where it takes.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it takes for Giannis to drop an f bomb and then apologize. What it takes for everyone to debate whether Yokic or Unbeid is the MVP while Yannis draws forty and eighteen every damn night and nobody says a freaking peep and he's already won it twice.
Speaker 2: Why he's like, Yo, I just dropped forty five points on the Kings.
Speaker 1: What the fuck do I have to do in order for you guys to start saying my name again? He could score fifty every night if you wanted. It's very clear that he's the most unstoppable player in the NBA, and He can't even get into the conversation because of this little pissing match between Mbid and Yokic. They haven't even gone to it a finals combined, and Yannis is already we won a title.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Go off, Yannis, tell him what's good? You can give out Yannis the MVP every year and nobody would complain.
Speaker 2: That's how dominant he is. Times are changing, Times are at changing.
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan sang that ages ago, and you know Adam Silver has that loaded up on repeat on his h What is that Microsoft Zoom?
Speaker 2: That's probably what he uses. Because it was announced today that Silver and the.
Speaker 1: League are looking to triple its current revenue from TV deals. You know what happened, right, Adam Silver saw three numbers and went from six to twelve and about one hundredth of a second. Here's those numbers, five hundred and fourteen, three hundred and ninety four and two hundred and seventy nine. Those numbers are the gross revenue numbers of Amazon, Apple, and Google in twenty twenty two, in the tune of billions. That's total of one point one nine trillion dollars. Wow, that's how much money they have.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Put it this way, Amazon, Apple, Google, if they merged, they'd have more gross revenue than all but fourteen countries on Earth. The country of Google by Amazon GDP would put them as the fifteenth richest country on Earth, ahead of Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Holland.
Speaker 2: That's how much these fools make. So he saw a.
Speaker 1: Peek at them and was like, Oh, yeah, we're gonna need to soak them dry. We're gonna need to charge them extra. They've got plenty. According to the Sports Business Journal, the NBA has high hopes for squeezing more money out of media outlets and negotiations because Amazon and Google told the league of their interest.
Speaker 2: In streaming the games.
Speaker 1: Listen as someone who makes money off the teat of right steals, don't hate it, don't hate it at all. Guess what if TV revenue triples? Now, you're gonna get salary caps in the three hundred million dollar range, which means that we are going to get a player that makes a hundred million dollars a year. And that also means talking heads are gonna get paid more to bitch.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on. Finally, Bronnie James Bronnie James the decision.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Bronnie James TV radio, Twitter announcement. Where will Bronnie James play basketball next year? He's getting advice from his uncle uncle Kevin Kevin Durant. Durant had this to say about college ball. There's still some amazing talent in college now with so many different routes, the otes going overseas, guys going to Australia, all that stuff is cool, But still going to college. I feel like that's a great route because it's ill on that big stage. You get to show who you are on the big stage, and the tournament NCAA tournament is still a huge thing. I would love to see Bronnie in college instead of going another route. Also, he better not go to Ohio State. They didn't make the tournament this year, and I don't think Bronnie James is elevating them to.
Speaker 2: Some sort of march madness pursuit.
Speaker 1: But prea John Katie college is I think the one hundred percent the best route for Brownie.
Speaker 2: Did you see what happened to Scoot?
Speaker 1: Scoot is now on ice because he stinks against grown men. You go against college students Brownie. If it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it's an Oregon duck.
Speaker 2: Quack quack.
Speaker 1: Bronnie James going to go to Oregon. That's my prediction. That's all the time that we have for this episode of The Heat Check. Check back Monday for all new episode which drops Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Do not forget to watch that feed.
Speaker 1: We've got interviews, we've got past episodes that drop unexpectedly.
Speaker 2: Throughout the week.
Speaker 1: And please follow us on social download, subscribe, Please tell your friends this heat Check on TikTok, trist to crick on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter because the Heat Check never sleeps. And sometimes I drop videos that people don't like, and you know what, I don't care.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time, guys,