Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: We'll start with Goal Goals at nearly an all time high and it's been reaching high. Saw some six stat the other day with Goal has actually outperformed the Nasdaq over the last year to day. And once again, you know, talked about gold before the election, like Novograds, that was one of his things that he was real big on before the election. He was just saying that he thought that gold and bitcoin were the two assets to hold because of the volatility in the government. And then with the government shut down, We're gona talk about it a little late. As far as bigcoin, you know, breaking new levels, but gold also, as far as like has been doing well for a very long period of time, and that's a safe haven for people that don't believe in central currencies. So gold is this something that's going to continue to go up over the course of time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. You have two types of investors. You have risk on investors, which are pro AI, pro crypto, pro technology, and then you have pro hedge investors, and in this case both are right. We're going to talk later if this era is mirroring nineteen ninety nine to two thousand. But the thing that's really important is when you own asset classes, you want them to hedge against each other. Gold does the ultimate hedge that is ended up outperforming a lot of classes as you just mentioned, and I don't see this pulling back anytime soon. I know it's outside of a normal range for if you look at a multi quarter range, but I think possibly by end of year we could even be at three ninety one twenty three ninety one two on gold. There is inherent risks in the market that people are talking about. I know IWM is up. I know the knee k was up because of the Prime minister being elected or selected, but I think too many people have risk on and no hedge. So if the market does tank, I think gold will still continue to climb. One of the best investments and best assets of all time if you look at it from since inception, and it's not going to slow down anytime soon.
Speaker 4: So yes, go continue to climb higher. I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'll take the other position and a standpoint of what would cause it to have retracement? Right, especially with government uncertainty, We're not going to like they was supposed to be a job support last week.
Speaker 4: We didn't get it.
Speaker 1: We're not getting it since there's a lockdown. Is this something I don't even know if it's in the their future, but at some point that would cause a sharp retracement and gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in twenty ten through fifteen, it was printed of money quantitative easy, and that money flowing around. So unless they printed the way they did in two thousand and eight two thousand and nine and that money circulates through that would be the only thing to take some of the capital off. Because now if interest rates go to zero, it's risk going for every asset, meme, stocks, crypto tech, Russell two thousand, Russell one thousand, s and P four hundred. It's all bets on all money and shot the net Russell piece. But unless we have that kind of money flowing the worldwide, there's no reason to take a short against gold. Because some people are starting to say, well, gold is overvalued, hidding sort love is on RS side. But it's like, if you don't know the macro economic environment, I don't think the United States or even China is in a position to print money how they did in eight oh nine or twenty twenty. As a result, and for that reason, I'll stay long on gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we printed the money.
Speaker 1: Printing definitely during COVID was even higher than that, and so now you know, I'm with you real I think it still appreciates. I just wonder if there is something like is it a FED policy that changes? Obviously we know if interest rates the expectations that interest rates will continue to fall. I don't think we'll get to zero anytime soon, or no, if we ever will. Just that piece is like, yes, this is a hedge that we should be in.
Speaker 3: Just a thought though, going back to Ray Dallio's conversation, though shot the ray you want to all weather portfolio. I don't agree with the assessment of because the public all weather portfolio versus what's done probably at that firm is different. But gold is a good cornerstone investment for sure. But I don't think unless interest rates go back to one percent or zero percent and money is printed, that gold is going to fall apart. And once again, if No Regrets is bold enough and loving enough to tell you this is what's going to happen, and this is what I'm investing in, why not just listen to what he's saying. He's not just talking his book. He's given you the playbook ahead of time. This follow to what he's saying as well. I think the golden rule is we follow the money like the leaves.
Speaker 1: Are left for you follow We will tell We have a tough time in this space when you're learning and you're learning things on your own, uh, and you're kind of like, well I should follow it, but you go against you know, your intuition. Sometimes it's painted for you, it's right in front of you. You just gotta follow the path and stop being hard headed yeah, yeah, I will be a disciplined investor.
Speaker 3: Thank you, yes, Or you deserve to be broke.
Speaker 4: You don't even need a book.
Speaker 3: You deserve to be broke if you don't deserve it after you, that's.
Speaker 4: A fact at all times.
Speaker 2: And goal you know we have we are one of the major hubs of gold right now as far as Guinea and UH. A lot of people are not even familiar with the country, never heard of the country before, but the country has UH. It's a population of twelve million people, so it's a relatively small country.
Speaker 4: But the UAE, the so they have they have a flight what's the airline Emirates and it flies two times a week from here to the u A m hmm. In the plane is a is a cargo plane that's UH loaded with gold and to two trips every single week full of gold to Dubai or you to Dubai about that every every every twice a week every week.
Speaker 1: The real transfer fee and that's the gold that they can account for.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Important.
Speaker 1: There are other minerals that they're shipping that might contain gold in side of it just because of the refining process that hasn't been online yet. There might be gold that's going through other minerals as well, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And and for commodities. A good exercise is to look at like a fifty year historical chart just to see what the overall trend is. There's a reason why that plane is going and then that and you know we have such a robust storage of it at Fort Knox.
Speaker 4: Earners. What's up? Look?
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Square Banking. One of the things we love most is seeing neighborhood businesses level up. This is West Indian Spired writing our community that started with a small takeout counter. Now with Square they've been able to expand into a full sit down restaurant and even started catering events across the city. That's the kind of growth that inspires us and it's powered by Square. Square is built for all types of businesses, from the corner bagel shop that turned into a local chain, to the specialty market with thousands of unique items, to the stylists who's been holding you down for years. With Square Banking, growth gets easier. You've got more control over your cash flow, access to capital right in the same system you're already using to run your business, and With a free Square Savings account, you can automatically set aside a portion of your sales for upgrade, aids, taxes, and those slow seasons, setting yourself up for long term success and when it's time for the next big move. Square makes it simple to get approved with a Square loan based on your actual business performance. No long ways, just quick access to capital. In fact, eighty eight percent of businesses with Square loans report growth. So go to Square dot com, slash go, slash e y l to learn more about how your business can grow with Square. That's s q U a r e dot com, slash g O, slash e y L.
Speaker 4: Block Inc.
Speaker 1: Is not a bank. Banking services provided by Square Financial Services Inc. And Cutting Bank Members. FDIC loans are subject to credit approval