Speaker 1: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I am Dale LOLLI he is Matt Williamson and this is the Drive on Steelers Nation Radio and Matt. Chad Reuter on NFL dot Com has once again released a seven round mock draft. All right. I don't always agree with with some of the stuff that Chad writes, but I would not want to do a seven round mock draft.
Speaker 1: No, I would not either. Dane did one a week or two ago for the Athletic and it was before the Robinson trade because he did the Steelers taking receiver pretty high. But I went through it. It was like, man, could you imagine doing this many and thinking about all the angles and make sure you don't take a receiver in the second round and then another one in the sixth and of course with his and I assume this is with Chad's too about the check it out. You can't do trades. I mean as a one human being.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do, I mean you'd lose your mind. Okay, I traded that fourth round pick and yeah we get crazy. Yeah, uh so he has Carolina taking Bryce Young number one. I think that's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a Yeah.
Speaker 2: He has Will Levis going to Houston it too.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he did not that I'm saying that. I condone it. But that's the latest buzz since you and I talked on Wednesday. Is I've heard three or four of these sources saying Levis does not get out of the top four. You know, I guess his Vegas odds went crazy to be the second quarterback taken. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Yeah, I don't get it at all.
Speaker 1: Right. I think he's big and stiff and this bad decision maker, and from what I've been told, his interviews weren't phenomenal. Several sources have said that I get that he's big and strong and athletic, but man, I I would not put my reputation online and use the first round pick on them.
Speaker 2: Probably No, I wouldn't either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At three, the Cardinals stake Will Anderson.
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay.
Speaker 2: At four, the Colts then take c. J. Stroud. I think that's the ideal. I think that's what the Colts would like to happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they run to the podium for that.
Speaker 2: The problem is, I think if if Levis goes two, somebody's trading up to three to get to get Stroud.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, and then Arizona's Arizona wants Levis or even will and Anderson or Tyree Phillips to go. I think they want Stroud to be on the board at three if you're the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Because somebody would be coming up, whether it's the Titans, whether it's the Raiders, you know, pick pick one of those teams.
Speaker 1: Even he might be one spot, you know, right right.
Speaker 2: At five, the Seahawks take Tyree Wilson.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'd be thrilled with that. I mean almost seems like they're destined to get Wilson or Carter.
Speaker 2: It's six, the Lions take Devin Witherspoon, Okay. At seven, the Raiders take Christian Gonzales.
Speaker 1: They could use anything. At eight, the Falcon love So I'm glad he did this because.
Speaker 2: I Falcons stake Byjon Robinson.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing I've been hearing just the last two days. And I always tell myself, don't overreact to all the lies and chatter this time of year. But the top of this draft isn't great and this guy is. I mean, who's the best player in this draft? I think it's Jalen Carter, quickly followed by Bijon Robinson. That means that doesn't mean the most valuable, but who's the best. I think those two are clearly one and two Atlanta. They also Atlanta seems like the least analytic based team in the league. Like they just paid a guard and run the football. They drafted a tight end high like all the things the analytic people tell you not to do, and they run the ball like crazy. I think that's the pick for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means at nine, the Bears take Jalen Carter.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's a nice pick up at nine. Yeah, I'm not calling at nine if I'm the Steelers.
Speaker 2: At ten, the Vikings trade up, so he is doing trades. Oh okay, wow, the Vikings trade up and get Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 1: Be a good landing spot for him. Yeah, absolutely understand that from a Minnesota perspective. And Eagles, even from an Eagles perspective, they're a big trade down team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, get more picks, get another pick next.
Speaker 1: Year, something next year? Right right?
Speaker 2: At eleven, Osirius Torrance to the Titans. Over All, those tackles.
Speaker 1: Over every O lineman, way earlier than either one of us have ever seen him go. But I think he's awfully safe. I mean, I wouldn't take him at eleven, but they need guards and he's really good at it.
Speaker 2: At twelve, the Texans then take Nolan Smith.
Speaker 1: And they went Levis with the first pick. Yeah, well, I think one of those two is going to be some sort of defensive lineman.
Speaker 2: At thirteen we finally see our first offensive lineman go. Peter Skeronski goes to the Jets.
Speaker 1: I think New York could be very happy about that, whether they took Jones, Scornsky, Johnson, if you had those choices for the Jets, that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this starts to run on offensive lineman because Broderick Jones goes to the Patriots at fourteen, Chris Johnson goes at fifteen to the Packers.
Speaker 1: All very believable.
Speaker 2: At sixteen, the commander far for those guys. The Commanders go Joey Porter Junior at sixteen.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to break Steeler fan's heart, but also has a very good chance of happening.
Speaker 2: He then has the Steelers taking Lucas van Ness, which I'm not a fan of that move.
Speaker 1: I mean, frankly, if you're going to do that, I take Murphy over van Ness.
Speaker 2: I would take Murphy as well, right, I mean, if.
Speaker 1: You're going to take a non traditional steel defensive lineman, I prefer Murphey to van Ness. And there's probably five other guys I would take ahead of van Ness here.
Speaker 2: I would take Darnell right there, even though even if he's a right tackle, he'll still play this year. And you know, maybe I move on from Chukes next year, or maybe I move Chukes to left tackle. Whatever. I would take Brian per Se there.
Speaker 1: I'd take Branch over van Ness. Yeah, I think I would take Banks over van Ness. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just don't get I don't get where this.
Speaker 1: Where.
Speaker 2: If you look at some of the reported needs of the Steelers, well they have to take an edge rusher in the first three rounds. Really, I don't see that at.
Speaker 1: All, right, I mean they're looking for a third guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not looking for somebody to come in. In fact, I saw one yesterday where somebody says they needed an edge guy to come in and start. No, they don't, they don't.
Speaker 1: And there's a there's that's a once need. It's a onet for me. I want to get disruptive, defensive lineman till the cows come home. But it's not need.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely not in need. Elijah Cansey goes at eighteen to the Lions. Yeah, and it's strange that he had no top thirty visits, really none. He not one of the thirty two teams brought him in for a visit. So he is either a super clean prospect.
Speaker 1: No questions, or there's not much interest.
Speaker 2: It's one or the other where everybody's trying to smoke screen on them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, and he's in every first round, Mack. It's not like I get this guy from pitt no one's ever heard of.
Speaker 2: At nineteen, Darnell Wright goes to the Buccaneers.
Speaker 1: I think that's an easy pick for them. I think that might be his.
Speaker 2: Floor, which is why I would be on the phone with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Hey, you want you want to move up two slots because everybody thinks the Steelers are looking lineman. You want to you want to come up in you know get Darnel right. At seventeen, we'll slide back and maybe take a fourth round pick off of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, moved down on two spots, and if van Ness was your guy, you still get them. Probably.
Speaker 2: At twenty the Bills trade up to take the first wide receiver, Jacko Smith and Jigba was on. This was on the board during The Steelers picked by the Way and take Jordan Addison.
Speaker 1: I like Smith and Jigbo way better than Addison, but I could see the Bills differing with me. I mean, I think they're looking for speed and explosive players. I'm not sure Smith and jigbas for them, but he's better than Addison. Yeah.
Speaker 2: At twenty one, the Chargers take Dalton Kincaid. I have a hard time believing they would pass on Jackson, Smith and Jigba, right.
Speaker 1: I agree too if you're looking, and they're not much different. I mean, they're both move guys, great, two of the best receivers in this class, and it's not like Kim Kaid's going to line up him blow defensive ends off the ball.
Speaker 2: At twenty two, the Ravens take Jackson, the Smith and.
Speaker 1: Jagba not to home run for them. But I'll bet every have that he doesn't last that long.
Speaker 2: I would too. At twenty three, the Eagles that had traded down, they take a at a tom Yeah, at a Tommy at Abuarre.
Speaker 1: That's Steeler. That's a raven R Eagle pick. I mean, just yeah, get random defensive linemen with a lot of talent with the block, and you picked up some stuff in the process. Cool.
Speaker 2: At twenty four, the Chiefs trade up for Ze Flowers, but.
Speaker 1: That'd be a great fit for him. At twenty receiver run you might want to do that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right because at twenty five, Jalen Hyak goes to the Giants.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I know a lot of people give them Addison or Flowers. I mean they have a million slots as it is. I mean they kind of need either somebody.
Speaker 2: On the outside with some speed. Yeah, right right. At twenty six, the Cowboys take Trent and Simpson.
Speaker 1: They're always a hard one. I think Detackle Brise would be in play there. Simpson makes sense, though, I mean they don't want Parsons off the ball.
Speaker 2: At twenty seven, the Seahawks take Cody match More.
Speaker 1: I look at him the higher I think he's gonna go. I mean, I don't think he's a tackle, but I think he can play five spots and can excel at the interior. Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At twenty eight, the Bengals take Michael Mayer.
Speaker 1: I would think they're thrilled about that. I mean, if they'd be happy with one tight end off the board at twenty eight.
Speaker 2: At twenty nine, Miles Murphy goes to the Saints.
Speaker 1: That's a home run.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would have been happy taking Miles Murphy at seventeen.
Speaker 1: Rather, yeah, I'd have preferred it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: At thirty, the Raiders trade up back up into the first round to take Kendon Hooker.
Speaker 1: Interesting, and I know this is a little off topic, but he's like two or three years older than Trey Lance, you know, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Rather I would probably he's played a heck of a lot more and he's turnt, but he's played a lot more than Trey Lance he has.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It was also happens to be like, nobody knows that Trey Lance is going to be fully recovered.
Speaker 1: No, I know he's fighting something too, and quarterback age doesn't really bother me, but I just heard that the other day. I'm like, I forgot how young Lance is. When he came to the league, he was a twenty year old.
Speaker 2: But he still he's thrown three hundred passes since he's since he left college, or since he left high school.
Speaker 1: High school, right, right, get the COVID year that killed him two and brutal.
Speaker 2: At thirty one. The Jaguars take a Manuel Forbes, I.
Speaker 1: Would strongly consider him at thirty two.
Speaker 2: Well, that takes us to thirty two, right, I mean, I haven't looked to see who he has the Steelers taking up, but if it's not Brian Burs or a cornerback.
Speaker 1: Branch of Merselle, I think has to be, the pick has to be.
Speaker 2: The pick has to be. And he has them taking Anton Harrison.
Speaker 1: In a vacuum. I don't have a problem with Harrison at thirty two, or Forbes or Darnel Washington for that matter, but I think they were given a gift in Bersee slash Branch at thirty two. You got to accept the gift absolutely, absolutely. Maybe wouldn't take per Se because he took van Ness and they're both maybe yeah types, okay, But then you take Branch.
Speaker 2: At thirty three, Quinton Johnston, Deontay Banks goes thirty four. Deontay Banks was still available there too. At thirty two. Yeah, Kaylee Ringo goes to the Colts. At thirty five. Brian Branch goes to the Patriots. They traded up with the Rams to go get that picks.
Speaker 1: This is a nice place to pick here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brse then goes thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Gibbs after that's a really good player too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Eagles. The Eagles traded back because Oakland. Whenever the Raiders went up and got the quarterback, they get Jamiir Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Will McDonald goes thirty nine to the Panthers. Steve Avilla goes to the Saints at forty Keyom Wade at forty one, to the Titans, Darnell Washington at forty two to the Packers.
Speaker 1: That's the Packers, and it just got taken. That could go twentieth overall just as easily as fortieth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Packers then trade up with the Jets. I wonder if this is part of the Aaron Rodgers deal that makes sense. Doesn't say to get Mazie Smith.
Speaker 1: Because the Jets do have doing forty three, and in this instance, Green Bay is forty two. Forty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're both. They're both so it would be Darnell Washington and Mazee Smith for Aaron Rodgers. I still don't like that, even if it's just even if it's just one year of Aaron Rodgers, that's not a good deal.
Speaker 1: Right, And maybe there's a future pick. They don't give us this. You know what the trade is, and there's caps base involved and all that, but it doesn't make you a better football team. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Packers then after the Falcons takes Cedric Tillman, the Packers then take Jonathan Mingo.
Speaker 1: Wow, three picks out of four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Rams, who had traded back with the Patriots, take bj Ojalai at forty six. Forty seven is Luke Musgrave goes to the Commanders. Forty eight, Noah Souol goes to the Lions, so they have both soul brothers.
Speaker 1: Too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And at forty nine, the Steelers take Sidney Brown, the safety out of Illinois. Now, I like Sidney Brown.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say the same thing, too early.
Speaker 2: But I don't like him as much as I like his teammate, right, and I bet he also I could play cornerback.
Speaker 1: There's no way, he'd make my top fifty. Right, he's a player, but he's the third rounder to me at fifty backles he's I mean, he's a trend center. I like the player, but.
Speaker 2: Cam Smith was still on the board at fifty. He goes to the Buccaneers. The Dolphins take Sam Laporta. Tyreek Stevenson goes to the Seahawks. The Bears take Matthew berger On.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd much rather have him than Brown. Yeah, i'd much I mean Harrison.
Speaker 2: So if I didn't take Anton Harrison, I'm more than happy to take Matthew berser On at forty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I'd take that right the second.
Speaker 2: Not to mention the k State cornerback is still on the board. Oh the ed rusher, No, the cornerback. Oh yeah, Brent, I'm sorry, right, yeah, I'll take him all day at forty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 2: Tucker Kraft goes to fifty five to Lions, Gervin Dexter to the Jaguars, the Giants and take John Michael Schmidt's Josh Downs to the Cowboys, Drew Sanders to Buffalo.
Speaker 1: That's pretty late, boy. They'd be thrilled with that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Bengals get Zach Sharbonney. I like that fit she Rice goes to the Bears. Antonio Yeah yeah, Antonio Johnson goes to the Eagles, and then Tyler Stein finishes off the second round by going to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: When I first dug into Steen, I thought he was going to be a nice fourth round pick, you know, not a real flashy dude. He's going day two.
Speaker 2: He's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Moving on the round three, Byron Young is the first pick. The edge rusher out of Tennessee to the Bears. Joe Tipman a good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Tipman goes to the Texans at sixty five. Love that. Marvin Mims goes to the Cardinals at sixty six, Keanu Benten at sixty seven to the Broncos.
Speaker 1: In this neighborhood too, yeah.
Speaker 2: Julius Brentz finally goes. He goes to the Broncos at sixty eight. Then DJ Turner, right cornerback from Michigan, goes to the Rams.
Speaker 1: One of those guys in the third round, sign me up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anthony Bradford of LSU Guard goes to the Raiders. Isa Spears goes Isaiah Fosky goes Jack Campbell at seventy three to the Texans.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is really late.
Speaker 2: If it gets to that point and I'm the Steelers sitting there at eighty, I'm trying to trade up to get Jack Campbell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would too, And I'm really warm enough to die on Henley too, who goes two picks later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If there's a chance one of those two can get to you in the third round, Wow, that's a gift.
Speaker 2: He is the Browns first pick in the draft at seventy four, as a running back for them, Zack Evans out of Mississippi. I can't see him doing that in the first with their first pick.
Speaker 1: I would think it's somewhere up the middle of their defense. But yeah, I bet they draft the back. I mean they should. They should add another.
Speaker 2: The Patriots state Kendre Miller, the running back out of TCU. Do they need another back?
Speaker 1: No, They've been linked the Beijon two, which makes zero sense to me. Like I think Stevenson's one of their top five players.
Speaker 2: The Rams take JL Skinner, the Packers take Jordan's Battle, The Colts take Day one Jones. How about day onon Jones going seventy ninth, one pick ahead of the Steelers, who then take Tank Dell. I hate that pick.
Speaker 1: Hate that pick.
Speaker 2: He's an overaged, tiny slot receiver.
Speaker 1: Super productive, super electric, all that stuff, but he's tiny.
Speaker 2: They have him. His name's Calvin Austin and he's two years younger than Tank Dell.
Speaker 1: In Austin, I think Austin's a much better prospect. Yeah, no, I don't like the I think this is a pretty good mocho and all. But I haven't approved the Steeler picks, not one bit. Yeah right, especially what else is out there.
Speaker 2: At eighty one, Aiden o'conna goes to the Lions. Zach Kuintz at eighty two goes to the Bucks. Owen Pappo, the linebacker out of Auburn, goes at eighty three to the Seahawks. I'm just gonna skip through to the interesting ones here.
Speaker 1: Jaris eighty sixth to the Ravens. Jay R.
Speaker 2: Brown goes eighty five to the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Like the Eagles pick here too, Toto, I always butcher his name, but yeah, I'm warming up to him in the third round for the Steelers too. I think he's a really good player.
Speaker 2: Schoonmaker goes at eighty eight to the Jaguars. Derek Hall falls all the way to eighty nine to the Giants.
Speaker 1: He seems to have no helium right now. And I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: He's six three. He's two hundred and fifty pounds and he ran a four to five to one. Yeah, and he was productive at Auburn.
Speaker 1: He's a good edge rusher at a premium position. Maybe it's just a case of being such a good edge draft that teams with edge in the first two or three needs already have their guy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys take him way over Tanked Dell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys take Israel Abacananda had a pitt.
Speaker 1: I think that's the neighborhood he ends up landing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Bengals take Jacoram Bennett, the cornerback out of Maryland in ninety two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to know more about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not bad.
Speaker 1: He's not bad.
Speaker 2: Parker Washington from Penn Steako's to the Panther. Daniel Scott, the safety out of cow goes to the Jaguars at ninety five. Steel has brought him in for a visit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big safety. I like him.
Speaker 2: In ninety seven, Dorian Williams, the Tulane linebacker goes to the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: He's probably my sick him or Toto or my favorite mid third round pick type guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Browns at ninety eight take Ika Ika is finally off the board.
Speaker 1: They could use them then.
Speaker 2: He doesn't give you anything as a pass rusher, right, but he will be their number one defensive tackle right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: Him and Tomlin's gonna be hard to move. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jamie Robinson goes to the Raiders at one hundred and finally at one oh two. Oh our guy, Dartavius Martin finally goes at one o two to the San Francisco forty nine Ers.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I mean, so we always know the Niners have a bunch of picks here. They end up with Blake Freeland, Zach Harrison. I could give her take, but you end up with Freeland and Martin at the end of the third round. That's doing nice business there.
Speaker 2: I just don't see either one of those guys lasting that long. No, moving on to round four. Yeah, first pick of round four is Chase Brown, the Illinois running back who's the brother of Sydney Brown. Clark Phillips at one O four to the Texans is really nice value.
Speaker 1: I think he's the second rounder.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Rashawn Johnson goes at one O five. The other Texas running back, Brenton Strange, who's gained a lot of steam here in recent weeks as the tight end from Penn State, goes at one oh seven.
Speaker 1: Transferre Ah Jane goes the next pick. I mean, I could see two or three teams loving him. Yeah, I don't want him on my fantasy team, but you'd love to have him in your backfield for spot duty.
Speaker 2: He goes at one oh eight to the Broncos. Jayden Reed, who the Steelers brought in for a visit. The Michigan state wide receiver goes to the Falcons. The Falcons took two wide receivers and a running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: The Browns then take kJ Henry the edge rusher at a Clemson Luke Whipler goes to the Jets at one twelve.
Speaker 1: Heard a lot of scuttle that people are expecting them to do the It's not exactly mangoled in the brickish shop, but don't be shocked if they take a tackle and a center.
Speaker 2: Okay, juan Ya Morris, the other offensive tackle out of Oklahoma, goes at one fourteen to the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Kind of like him too, really talented. Doesn't seem like the hardest.
Speaker 2: Of workers has played on both sides though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Brendan Hill, the pit safety, goes at one fifteen to the Saints.
Speaker 1: Your boy coming up here. One seventeen, one seventeen.
Speaker 2: Nick Herbert goes to the Rams at one seventeen.
Speaker 1: It started immediately, and boy, I'd use that that neighborhood to pick on him in two seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At one eighteen, Sydney City Sal goes to the Commanders, the guard out of Eastern Michigan who had a really nice off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's good.
Speaker 2: Cayu Blue Kelly goes to the Vikings at one nineteen, and then at one twenty, the Steelers finally take a cornerback. This is why this is not happening, folks. Mackai Back Blackman, the cornerback out of USC goes to the Steelers at one twenty.
Speaker 1: And I can live with the Steelers corners, but I am a huge believer that they're going to take one early and yeah.
Speaker 2: Let alone a senior, a red shirt senior in blackman r right. I mean, it just goes against everything that they do. Garrett Williams goes at one twenty two to the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd love that the.
Speaker 2: Seahawks take Tanner McKee. The Ravens take Totlly to a Polo two the edge rusher out of USC at one twenty four.
Speaker 1: This neighborhood. I'm fine with him. Second round.
Speaker 2: I don't see that's a little rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. At one twenty six, the Rave or the Browns take to Marvin Overshawan. They already have him.
Speaker 1: What's that they already.
Speaker 2: Have the Marvin Overshawn They do an undersize Yeah, that's what they need is another undersized, running hit linebacker. You find the field up with them. Yeah yah ya. Diabi goes to the Jaguars at one twenty seven.
Speaker 1: I would take him and Riley Moss yere in hard.
Speaker 2: Riley Moss at one twenty eight. I'd rather have him over the over the cornerbacks the Steelers took.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Josh Wiley, the Cincinnati tight end, goes to the Cowboys at one twenty nine. At one thirty one, Vallami Fajeiko Junior San Jose Steak goes to the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Goes the wrong team though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Davis Allen goes to the Bears at one thirty three. Still shows you how deep this tight end class is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just a quality guys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Andre Yuasivus goes at one thirty five to the Rams, the big receiver out of Princeton one. Moving on to the fifth round here, the Steelers, of course don't have a pick here. We'll just kind of move through these and see who they have the So at the Browns take Warren McLendon, that Georgia offensive tackle. The other one. Yeah, they also then at one take Carrington Valentine, the cornerback out of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about him, but yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The Jets take Carl Brooks with the next pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like bro.
Speaker 2: The Steelers like Carl Brooks. I'm just here to tell you that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see why.
Speaker 2: Christopher Smith goes to the Panthers at one forty five. Let's see here. Moving on down, the Ravens take Dorian Thompson Robinson at one fifty seven.
Speaker 1: That would makes sense. I mean, he can be a better version of Huntley in time, no matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, let's see here. The Bengals take Brandon Joseph the safety had a note dame at won sixty three.
Speaker 1: That makes some sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, compensatory picks. None of the teams in the AFC rus or ossi A. Dennis Goes at one seventy two had a pit. Michael Wilson at one seventy four to the Raiders, Trevius Hodges, Tomlinson at one seventy five to the Bucks. Wow, there's some guys there that. Yeah. Round six, the Chiefs kick things off by taking Trey Palmer at one seventy eight. You get the fastest wide receiver in the draft speak Chiefs that lads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see him going past on the dudes they have on the depth chart.
Speaker 2: Just looking here we get, uh the Browns at one ninety take Andrew Vorheist, the guard out of USC who's got it has torn acl but you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a nice pick. Zach Pickens at one eighty five too, it's way too.
Speaker 2: Way too late. Charlie Jones at one to the Patriots, the wide receiver at a Purdue. That's a great VUYE, doesn't I mean, yeah, they could use him.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Carter Warren, the offensive tackle out of pitt goes to the Broncos at one. That was the Steelers pick there, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he goes earlier than that too, noticeably earlier than that.
Speaker 2: Emil ichor the Alabama guard goes at one to the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Okay, now the interior line's not set. They lost a garden free agency.
Speaker 2: Andre Carter finally comes off the board at two o four to the Raiders.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but that's where you should.
Speaker 2: That's where he Yeah, he's getting any time. Rice Ford Wheaton, the wide receiver out of West Virginia, goes at two oh six to the Bengals.
Speaker 1: I'll take that risk that late. I mean, he's just a trades dude, big vast wrong, you know.
Speaker 2: Right. It gets it for the AFC North teams and the.
Speaker 1: Patriots almost looks like it has to happen. Yeah, that's Bennett and Bailey's Appy battling it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, seventh round, of course, the Steelers have two picks here, cruising on down. Deuce Vaughn finally goes at two twenty three to the Rams.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's interesting guy. And for a seventh round pick.
Speaker 2: The Browns take Oklahoma State safety Jason Taylor at two twenty nine.
Speaker 1: There's a pick here at twenty six, Jane Ward from LSU that I think he's your michelob Ultra, Brian Branch, I mean he is, yeah, player that I think is more like a fourth round pick.
Speaker 2: Aubrey Miller junior. Like him. He goes to the Packers at two thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't work.
Speaker 2: The Steelers take linebacker Yazir Abdullah out of Louisville at two forty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I don't think he'll last that long. I don't think he's more of a fifty six round like guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't see that happening neither. The Bengals take Charlie Thomas, the Georgia Tech linebacker, to forty six.
Speaker 1: Much about him, He's pretty, he's not bad.
Speaker 2: He's little, undersize, but not bad. Uh. And then the Steelers.
Speaker 1: You're saying, Jake Witt, if viewer to Jake Witt from the Northern Great Tester, and it looks like he's playing against high school kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's northern Michigan, right right. The Steelers at two fifty one. Take Olu Oloa Teamy the center out of Michigan.
Speaker 1: That's a steal.
Speaker 2: It's a steal.
Speaker 1: But another center, no, I know, but for a seventh round pick. If he's a number two center for the you know you or your swing guy on the inside.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just don't know how taking two. I don't see how two offensive linemen, two drafted offensive lineman make this team.
Speaker 1: Oh I hear you there. Yeah, I mean that's something I'm sure a national seven round mock with taking the consideration that there's just not two roster spots available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max Dugan or Doug and I should say goes at two fifty two to the Bucks. Jayleen Marino proper at two fifty three.
Speaker 1: PJ Dougan might be Taysom Hill.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to try to get Taysom Hill and the like. Taysom Hill is just this whatever. I'm not going to argue that anymore. Mister irrelevant is David Durden, West Florida wide receiver to the Houston Texans.
Speaker 1: No clue who he is, but never heard of him before.
Speaker 2: Kind of looks like Matt Canada. That was Shad Reuter's seven round mock draft for the entire league.
Speaker 1: Didn't love it.
Speaker 2: I didn't love it for the Steelers. There were some good ideas in there. Didn't love it for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: No, right, I like Bijeon going early. I was a sad of with levis curious. What the I mentioned this last show that I just did a mock where the Steelers took Miles Murphy in the first round and they took Van Ness and this one just wanted to see what it looked like. I think it's very feasible, But I wouldn't have made these picks, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: A lot of chances to take a better corner than they did, and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were guys on the on the board who I think they have have shown more interest in that he didn't take to take right Willie Nilly guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, uh you can subscribe now to the Drive. Every episode we do is available for you to download. Subscribe today through the Steelers Mobile app, the iHeartRadio app, and wherever you find your podcast. He is Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lollie. You're listening to the Drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. We'll be back with Segment three right after this