Speaker 1: The second.
Speaker 2: I know Brooke has said multiple times, almost suspiciously, that she's.
Speaker 1: Not on any dating apps. Brings it up. Hey, what are you doing over there wiping range of men online? That's for sure.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna believe her on this. But let's say Brooke was on the apps. Okay, what would her profiles say?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, probably give me your name, phone number, and how many cheetos you can fit in your mouth? Pause alimately after phone number, So nobody would understand the cheeto joke and.
Speaker 5: Those puffs or the classics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not sure what that means, but I come from a clown family.
Speaker 1: Ask me more.
Speaker 5: It's a magician.
Speaker 2: Okay, the bottom line, it would probably be a total disaster. But what about the rest of the normal people out there? What's on their dating Let's find out and talk to Elena, who emailed the show for help. Welcome to the chaos.
Speaker 4: Hey Elena, Hey everyone.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 5: Elena was swipe bred on me.
Speaker 6: Totally?
Speaker 1: The ladies or the guys?
Speaker 6: Well, right now, we're talking about Trey, Okay, okay, And.
Speaker 2: What does Trey have on his dating profile that stuck out to you?
Speaker 6: You know what a couple of things. I mean one physically beautiful eyes, gorgeous smile, I mean just typical like dropped.
Speaker 5: In and then an average of ten cheetos.
Speaker 1: Right, obsession?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he's a beautiful man.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And what did stick out was he loved adventures. He like wants to fill his time with his hobbies of adventures.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? That's so vague, Like is he specific on that?
Speaker 6: Well, he liked biking, I mean just that some like outdoorsy stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, adventures makes it sound like he likes to get out and travel and see new things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rock life, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a really nice thing to say in your profile, even if it isn't true.
Speaker 1: So did you did you meet up with him?
Speaker 6: We did. We got two drinks and right when he walked in he looked so much smaller in person like his pictures. Yeah, I made him look just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Are you talking size.
Speaker 6: Like everything everything is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And all that from your voice, it sounds like you were disappointed in how he looked physically.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Usually smaller on the guy isn't exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, about the size of how you use it? Yeah, I love He said, everything that's muscles, that's everything smaller, it's.
Speaker 6: Just a different Well, okay, so I did bring it up. I was like, you know what, I'm kind of surprised, like in your photos you look just a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Wow, what.
Speaker 5: Didn't you say?
Speaker 6: What doesn't mean about it? Guys?
Speaker 5: I don't know. But also he's a cafe.
Speaker 1: He should get called out.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a kind of thing. There's so much craziness online. But he was laughing about it. He says, actually, I'm on a health kick. And I was like, oh, really kind of health kick are you on? And he's like, it's a huge health kick. So I've definitely lost like thirty pounds and recently.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, and you're like you didn't need to.
Speaker 5: I liked you when you were bulky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could shrink from that stuff too, Like, well, I couldn't see.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm saying, Like it's small. So anyway, you do not believe this. This man tells me he has a treadmill in every single room in his house.
Speaker 5: What was that a joke?
Speaker 6: So I start laughing because I'm like, oh wow, crazy health. Yeah, and he says, no, really, My buddy and I cleaned out a warehouse that had a bunch of treadmills, ellipticals, blah blah blah. So they sold a bunch of them, but there were just some leftover, so I kept a lot of them.
Speaker 2: So he's got like a little mini twenty four hour fitness in.
Speaker 4: His Apartment's got an area in each room to throw all of his clothes.
Speaker 1: On drying racks.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this isn't a red flag to you, and maybe.
Speaker 1: Nice to mix up the scenery. He keeps him motivated.
Speaker 2: If he keeps seeing the treadmill, he'll want to eventually get fat.
Speaker 6: There was intimidating too.
Speaker 5: It was intimidating, okay a little bit, a.
Speaker 6: Little bit too, but you know, on the conversation we ended up laughing about it, and then it was like we're having drinks, but we started having those fun like hey, let's go on another date, let's see each other again, let's yeah, And it turns out super fun and out of the blue, he says to me, Hey, what would you do if I show up at your house tomorrow and say, hey, let's go to the Virgin Islands and we leave in three hours?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: WHOA? That's crazy?
Speaker 4: And I was like, heck, yeah, oh you said, yes, you're like a child, you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Was that a joker? Was he serious? You know?
Speaker 6: I think he just threw it out hypothetically, the drifts. But I am an adventurous lady.
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: So he sounds like I mean also like he's just a big dreamer, right, like he's always got some big grand plan and and you love that idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was fun to like daydream like.
Speaker 1: That and yeah, So how did that night end?
Speaker 5: Not in the Cayman Islands.
Speaker 6: No, not in the payment unfortunately. Well we said by with a with a hug, which was kind.
Speaker 5: Of no kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kiss.
Speaker 5: You said a guy like that would.
Speaker 4: Go in for a kiss if he was really wanting to take you thought so too.
Speaker 2: And it was a hug that wasn't as big of a hug as she was expecting to.
Speaker 1: Be so small.
Speaker 2: My arms just kept going and he wasn't there to pick you up the next day like he threw He definitely.
Speaker 6: Didn't come by. He didn't come by. It's been like a week, it's been a week. Yeah, but I don't know what I did. I keep thinking was I too much like a friend? Almost?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: No, sometimes those big dreamer people can also be big flaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like it's like a lot of talk and not a lot of following. He's off hiking a mountain somewhere. That could be.
Speaker 2: But your email to us said that you've been texting with Trey a few times.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been texting. He just hadn't responded.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's just waiting for you to show up at his house if he's going to.
Speaker 7: Be in the Cayman Islands, and was like, oh, I forgot to pick her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the Jamaican version of Home Alone.
Speaker 1: But we're going to hopefully bring it to a happy conclusion. When we come back.
Speaker 2: We'll call Tray for you and try and get you your second date. Update, get you over to one of those islands right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, awesome, all right, hold on update.
Speaker 2: One man, one woman, and twenty treadmills, all.
Speaker 1: Running at the exact same It's a four hundred meters sprint to love.
Speaker 2: At least how it's going for our listener, Elena, and she was recently out with named Trey. Because they went and grabbed some drinks, she learned that he really does have treadmills in every single room of his house.
Speaker 5: It's just nuts.
Speaker 1: That was the weird part of the night.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, it got a lot better from there, and they were laughing together. They were planning future dates, and he even threw out a theoretical of maybe taking her to an exotic island, showing up at her house and just whisking her away, and it got her really excited. But it's been a week since that date happened and there has been no second date and no trips abroad.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like you felt like you recovered from the very beginning. But maybe he just really was insulted when you told him he was smaller than in his pictures. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and maybe because after you padded him on the head afterthing.
Speaker 1: You think that's possible, Elena, possible.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was a pretty fun conversation after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I couldn't get over a guy telling me I looked bigger than in my pictures.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know that I'm working a lot, so that's true.
Speaker 2: Let's see We're gonna call him right now. Hopefully he's not in the middle of one of his treadmill workouts.
Speaker 5: But amazing a hamster, I'm in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Let's try and call on. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, I think you're good?
Speaker 1: Is Trey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: How many people are on the phone?
Speaker 1: Wait? What did you say?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Answer the first question? Four people are in this room. And this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: Why Yeah, great question, good question. You're sharp. We like that. Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a segment called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners get a hold of you and maybe even see if we can hook you up for another date because you went out with her already one time named Elena.
Speaker 1: Oh oh you remember her?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know I know who Elena is. Okay, Okay, did she have you call me?
Speaker 1: Uh huh Yeah. That's how the segment works.
Speaker 2: We kind of get a vibe of how the first date went, and then we reach out on her behalf to try and figure out how we can get YouTube back together.
Speaker 5: There's a reason she's confused.
Speaker 4: It sounds like on your date, you guys were talking a lot about like going out again and how fun that'd be.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we's a good time. She seems like she's fun and that's great.
Speaker 1: She said a lot of the same stuff about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is I don't know. There is a moment though. It was kind of a deal breaker for me, So I don't think that's going to be working out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Well that's all right.
Speaker 2: I mean you're allowed to have your opinions on stuff, but it would help if maybe we could know about the moment and pass that along to Elena, just to help her out.
Speaker 4: Right, it make her feel better to have some closure in sights.
Speaker 1: Would you mind sharing?
Speaker 3: Okay? So weird, Okay, I guess I should explain that I have this thing that I do when I go out on a date with someone for the first time. It's kind of like a lightness test.
Speaker 1: We've heard a few of these before.
Speaker 4: We do a lot of these dating segments, and there's a lot of people that have different types of tests when they go out, and they usually don't end very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but books still she loves them. Yeah, marriage.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean I usually ask something to the effect of, like, if I show up at your door tomorrow and say a plane is leaving in three hours and we're going to the islands, you want to come?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that's the test.
Speaker 1: Actually fun. Well, she mentioned that to us. She said that she was.
Speaker 4: Up for it, right, Yeah, she told us it was a fun hypothetical question that you asked on the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did she tell you how She responded like, yeah, I'm down to travel or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's the that's the wrong answer to that question. That's like the worst answer you can get me.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's go is the wrong answer if you're inviting someone to do something and they agree.
Speaker 5: I thought you were like adventure boys.
Speaker 1: What's the right answer?
Speaker 3: The right answer is let me check and see if I can, or you know, let me look at my schedule, or you know, I'll have to tell to my friends, or anything really, anything else that indicates that you've got a life of your own that you're living.
Speaker 7: Oh, drop everything for a stranger. I could kind of see.
Speaker 5: But it was a hypothetical question.
Speaker 4: Like you wouldn't actually do it, Like, honestly, if you actually showed up at her door, she probably would have to make some pre arrangements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe, but she got very excited and kept saying, you know, I'm going to pack my bags and be ready to go. She had no indication that she has any responsibilities, that she has a career out.
Speaker 1: Hold On, no rep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, spontaneous.
Speaker 2: Well, it's too late to surprise him with it now, because Trey, you probably are your voice at this point.
Speaker 1: That's Elena who's been waiting to.
Speaker 6: Talk to you. Tray, You're so funny, because you know what's so funny about my responsibilities is I probably make three times what you make.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, not the point.
Speaker 4: I guess that's a flex like, good on you, Elena, But why do.
Speaker 5: You bring that up?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Okay. Hold On, we need we need one of you at a time.
Speaker 2: Trey, what do you have to say to Elena that she makes three times as much as you.
Speaker 3: I say, that's really unlikely. I don't believe that's true, and even if it were true, it has nothing to do with anything right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he sells.
Speaker 6: He sells treadmills on the side. Guys, So if you ever need he's very selling those things.
Speaker 1: All right, let's settle this. We'll settle this once and for all.
Speaker 2: Let's all go around the room and say how much money we make you we I.
Speaker 5: Mean, Trey.
Speaker 4: That should be great news for you because then Elena can pay for the Cayman Islands vacation and take you with her.
Speaker 3: Let's hop in the TJ and fly down there. I'm sure she's got one.
Speaker 5: It all seems so silly. You guys are fighting about a hypothetical question.
Speaker 2: Is it just a hypothetical question? Or Trey, do you really do this and actually take women to islands? If if they give you the right answer and say, let me check my schedule.
Speaker 5: First, you sound very eager, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: I want to know, very very busy man. I've got a lot of hobbies and responsibilities.
Speaker 3: If she answers, you know, she gives a good answer to the question, we get a second date and maybe it goes from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it is in the cards. It's like the card.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, I've done it before, but it's not something that's going to happen the first night we meet.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're like the troll under the bridge with the riddles. If you answer directly, then you can pass. There you go.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing you saying like, no, not for me, Like why are you so closed off to it?
Speaker 6: Are you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would never now that I know he tests and that there's all these like hypothetical and it's just no, I'm over it.
Speaker 1: There's not all these hypotheticals in all these hoops. It's just one question.
Speaker 7: But now I kind of her point because it's like he could be like, hey, do you want to dessert? And she's like no, and he's like, oh, well, you just failed another test.
Speaker 4: It's a lot another test. Yeah, someone's entire life on how they answer that question.
Speaker 3: I'll get hypothetical, you know what, it's my prerogative cast questions I want to ask on my first dage. But the fact that she brought up money right away to try to one out me is a huge red flag. It's a really low class move.
Speaker 4: It helps me.
Speaker 3: I made the restaurant.
Speaker 6: You're the one that said I didn't have responsibilities. I just wanted to let you know that my house is fully paid off and I have plenty of them to go around. So that's the thing is you didn't even ask. But you're going to bring up that I don't have responsibilities and make yourself look good, Babe. I don't think that's right all.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you guys are this climate kind of fighting right now, but I really feel like they're a good match.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically, if that never happened, we might avandaged. She didn't get me on the radio to put me on the spot.
Speaker 1: It's our fault. Yeah, see, that's her test, my fault.
Speaker 6: That's the thing. This is the type of guy he is. I see. I'm winner yea.
Speaker 2: Even though this is going horribly, I'm gonna ask anyway to send you guys out on a.
Speaker 1: Second date that we would pay for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we make so much money though.
Speaker 1: We can't go.
Speaker 2: We can't cross country borders. Keep it within the area code on the caman ions. Maybe like a Caribbean restaurant, anybody.
Speaker 6: That's a big heart for me. That's a note for me, Na.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of fun on that first day, but it's a note for me.
Speaker 2: Well, mutual, I don't like to offer to send Tray and me to a private island.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't pay for it, definitely not.
Speaker 2: The money already paid off it's looking Jeffrey in the morning. And it's too bad we couldn't get a yes from those two because I think we all agree that they.
Speaker 1: Would have been good for each other. Just taken a second to think about.
Speaker 5: It in liquid.
Speaker 4: If he would have just dropped that test, they would have been on a full state by now.
Speaker 1: That was the only thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would have laughed it off and been like, oh, that was like one dumb test.
Speaker 1: Like I can get over it. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Blame one of them because they both kind of share the blame for not hearing each other out.
Speaker 5: The money brag shocked me.
Speaker 4: Good for you, but yeah, it was weird, interesting, it's hard.
Speaker 6: Not the first time she's used that argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my house is paid off.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready to go. But I know hypotheticals are a touchy subject. The thing is we never got to ask the real hypothetical. Would Brook take a DNA test to prove her children and are really her husbands?
Speaker 1: It's a hypothetical, but she keeps screaming no. And the fact that she just says that it speaks volley. Oh now, you would, of course on air behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: It's been no for the past four years dude.
Speaker 4: That first maybe I had looked exactly like my husband.
Speaker 7: The second, yeah, I can't remember the name of it, but that first one.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're happy to do these segments. And how about with your dating life email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. Check out all of our second Day podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning