Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's a hump Day, which means tomorrow we do over promised, which means you got to join us live right after the show tomorrow for our bonus pod because blubber lips over here. Rich Davis over promises things we never get to. But I want you to start thinking about our new segment that's sweeping the nation for tomorrow's over Promised bonus pod, which you could watch on the YouTube page. Wow, Rafael Devers almost just blew the game.
Speaker 1: Are you listening to me?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? What are you saying? I'm talking about our new segment. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: We're talking about divers over here, like I care about the Diamondbacks and the giant Rafael Devers anyway. Oh yeah, the over promise our bonus pod is the best over promised podcast I've ever seen. But I want to start thinking about who might be ass when it comes to week two of the NFL or is there someone else in our world who might be ass? Oh, it's a good question. Who's asked in your world? Who might be ass? Last week's recipient? Just so you know, the Dolphins aside for yourself and you can chime in and help, and they continue to be asked against Buffalo, So we'll figure that out.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: It's Covino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studios. And if you ever wanted to try an Olympic and Paralympic sport, try fencing. It's fast, safe and easy to start on guard. Find a beginner class near you at USA Fencing dot org. Slash try fencing this USA fencing dot org. Try I'm sorry, slash try fencing. Oh and with the iHeart app you could stream us anytime anywhere. And of course we keep telling you about the YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: It's so much fun. We're on live right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody YouTube dot com, slash at Covino on Rich FSR, and am I the only one to keep an eye on this Giant's Diamondbacks game. It's going to the eleventh now, zero zero, No one could break the ice there when I said Devers.
Speaker 1: Almost blew the game, Daniel LaRussa could break the year. It was one out. I saw him do it.
Speaker 2: No OCHI now all that time, one out runner on third and extras. You know, run wins the game. One bounce at En Deavors at first, he almost lets it go off his glove into the outfield. He picks it up steps on first. Yeah, yeah, I know it was all happening when I was trying to talk to you on National Radio.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Danny G is here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the way, I can't wait until we get to the postseason and there's no more automatic runner on second base.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, not a fan of it.
Speaker 2: I am a fan of it, But you're right, I forgot about that in the postseason.
Speaker 1: It's done right then, it correct. So super pumped.
Speaker 2: I'm super pumped the postseason here because we all have teams involved, and he gets heated here on the show. Let's hope, right, Danny G, Sexy, Ryan dB, Spotty Cavino, and Rich thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation for hanging with us and chiming in on the YouTube live chat. As I look at the YouTube blob chat, let me say how to Kay Rain Colin and California, s K Dubbs Wesson, Vegas, sleepy head Martin. A lot of people chiming in saying that the celebrating of home runs in baseball it's fun. It is not just in bath flop. I'm not the fun police. Yes, you cool, Orange cooler you were, Bryce Harper, Who's cooler you? Or Francisco Lindor who's cooler? Steve Cavino or Shoe a Otani. You're not the freaking president of cool Pal. I can tell you this. Those guys a hell of a cool a president. I'm also a client.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you.
Speaker 1: I can tell you I grew up around a lot of cool people.
Speaker 2: Putting on a putting on a big goofy waally the green monster hat after you just hit a four hundred foot bomb like a g sort of waters down the product. In my opinion, Yeah, you did something. You just did something so cool, and you did a really cool batflip and you really owned it and did a sweet trot. And then you go and do some goofy thing like that, and you put on a stupid helmet and I tried it. I do think it ruins it a little bit. It's corny corny?
Speaker 5: Does it also bother you?
Speaker 6: Then when a college football team, because several do this where if a defender on their team gets a turnover, they run to the sideline and they pronounce them the king and they put the chain on them and sit him on the throne.
Speaker 2: That's cool as hell. Cavino would be like, bro, No, look, look am I mad about it? But do I agree with what Michael Kay said about it? Yes, all this lame stuff comes in, and when I say yes pun intended next year, he'll come around to it, just like the Yankees with the facial hair and everything. It's it's it just takes guys like Cavino extra minute to realize how lame they are.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, are we grown men or are we little boys? I could see little League team doing it, and I understand it's.
Speaker 1: A week game.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 1: My son's fall ball team, Yeah, and your son's five. These guys are grown men. We're on the Mudcats. They're young men.
Speaker 2: Our team is the Mudcats. So you want to compare Bryce Harper to your five year old son? And okay, that's what I did. Was on Amazon. I ordered a huge stuffed animal, catfish the mudcat. And when the kids get a big hit or do something cool, I go, yo, go hit the mudcat, and they and the kid that has the best game, I go. Coach Rich says, you could take home the mudcat until the next practice. Kids have fun. It's a kid's game. They're adults. There there is something years old?
Speaker 1: Is it corny?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Both could be true. It is corny, dudes. I'm sorry to break the news to you if your team does it. So you think last year when the Mets were holding the OMG sign, that was corny. Yes, grimace, all the gimmicky stuff. Yeah, that is corny celebrating no home. You know, I'm saying, you can't celebrate when these dudes are trotting around and pointing and hitting, flexing.
Speaker 1: That's all fun.
Speaker 2: You got to bring probably you, Carrot Top, You got to bring props into the act. Now, Oh, now you're too cool for carat Top. He does his own thing. I like Carrot Top. Are they doing comedy? Hey, Danny G play the clip, Big Sexy Ryan, play the clip one more time in case people just joined us. Michael Kay going on a rant again. Do I think pride and sounding like the old guy, but I do agree. Before you played, I will say I'm a firm believer in when when there are people, when we have conversations, I'll see feedback and there are times where I'm like, I'm glad that person disagrees with me, because if they did, I would feel like I'm wrong. Like Okay is a legend in his world, but if I agreed with Michael Kay on what's cool, I would feel like I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 8: I don't know why they don't do it, but let me ask you a question. Don't you think that's hokey?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 9: Well, that's why I wonder why the Yankees don't do it, because I know.
Speaker 8: Why should they do something hokey? I mean, you think the Mariners are coming up up and down the dugout with that trident is cool. You think the Red Sox putting on the wally the green monster hat or head that that's that's that's that's cool. I don't think it's cool. The Yankees. They they all jump up and down, the guy high fives everybody on each side as he goes to the end of the dugout. That's their celebration. But the prop thing. Hey, maybe they end up doing it one day, but I'm I'm looking at it going, I think that's weak.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessary.
Speaker 2: Do you think the samurai helmet from the Angeles when they would do that back, isn't that cultural appropriation?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wouldn't take that chance nowadays.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he goes on to say, what's wrong with I don't know the actual art of celebrating watching people cheer in their moment and showing pure natural excitement. And by the way, the giants, uh, look like they're it. Took the lead, making some moves here one nothing and they got first and second, nobody out in the top of the eleventh. All right, Now, I do want to get feedback from the Fox Sports Radio nation. Is it cool or hokey? Can I give you a couple examples of what teams have done in the last couple of years. Yeah, But then I want to get into Mike's Wednesday words of Wisdom. Oh, you know what, let's hit us up with Mike's words wisdom and that went phone call. We'll still try to get a winner going, and then I will go over some of the dugout celebrations around the MLB, and you tell me if you think they're hokey or cool. Deal, deal, all right, let's do this every week. Mike, who runs his place, gives us his words the wisdom. All you got to do repeat them verbatim and win a prize. Mike, who runs this place, Let's do it. Mike's words of wisdom.
Speaker 1: It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 10: Just for clarification, Guys, Big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 11: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: No matter what you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Never used the bathroom in a dream. It's a setup. I like that. That a mean. I'm still observing that one. I'm still processing. Do you want to play one more time?
Speaker 7: Danny here?
Speaker 5: That one is easy, yeah, fo.
Speaker 2: You just have to repeat it verbatim for a CNR bribery ball. That's our nerve football and you get to take one home before the holiday season. So call now if you could repeat it verbatim eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, or if you want to chime in about these home run celebrations right again eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. By the way, no one's saying you can't celebrate. Oh yeah, celebrate your heart out. I think that's great, but I think it gets a little corny when you're when you're doing these childish things I do. Let me give you a couple around the league Ageah, the Mets this year have held up a humongous flip flop corny, hokey, as Michael Kay said, and then they post for like h then they pose for a group photo.
Speaker 1: That's the deal. Like Soto and Lindor, they all like they do like a post or with the flip flop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes with the I don't reference. I don't know, so how can I say that's cool? It sounds sounds so lame. Cincinnati Reds they got the Viking players wear a Viking hat and a cape. The Detroit Tigers the pizza party inspired players receive a pizza on a stick that's been something. The cheesehead for the Brewers, the Golden Tridents for the Mariners, as you know, the Angels since the Otani days, have done the samurai helmet. The Orioles do the hydration station where they do like a water beer bong. See you need none of this is fun to you. No, you're not a clubhouse guy. Huh, you don't bring the fun. It seems your own business.
Speaker 1: That's not true at all.
Speaker 2: You don't like the padres who is he is a polaroid camera to take a picture of the guy that.
Speaker 1: Hit a home run.
Speaker 2: I mean he could do all this stuff without props. That's really the point here. So what are your thoughts on it? Eight seven seven ninety nine on box. You know, I'm not trying to be like the no fun guy. That's not it at all. I think you could celebrate, do the moonwalk through the worm in the dugout. I don't care. Do the robot have fun? But when you do all this stuff, I think it's coin it does. I think it takes away from the really cool moment. Let's say something corny. Let's say Aaron Judge because.
Speaker 7: The dug out.
Speaker 2: But I agree it's corny. But corny doesn't need to be bad. Corny sometimes is fun, right, It's like people do the Cupid shuffle at a wedding.
Speaker 7: It's fun.
Speaker 2: I call it the stupid scheffle. I hide when that happens. Well, most people enjoy it. In fact, I would say nine out of ten people enjoy these moments, or else they wouldn't be moments. Right, You're also the number one buster point dexter fan because you're feeling hot, hot, hot on the Congo line.
Speaker 1: I'd rather go to the bathroom than join that party, you know.
Speaker 2: So let's say Aaron Judge different strokes for different folks. Let's say Aaron Judge every time he hit a home run he had a prop in the dug at like a gavel, and he hit it like a Judge, and everyone pointed at him.
Speaker 1: You would be like, lame.
Speaker 2: You'd probably be coming in here being like, you know, the gavel, bro, you think it's a clean thing. If you are going to like everything your team does, people, that doesn't mean it's inaccurate assessment. If he put out like a stature of liberty hat and had like a gavel and he's like says he wear the white wig, yes, sad, you would think that's cool as hell. All right, your phone calls will pick a winner and your thoughts on this. I actually agree with Michael Kay. I really do well by the way that game that we've been keeping track of Diamondbacks. It could be all over. They still get their bottom of the inning their home team. But the Giants, I believe three nothing now still know out's a couple of runners on base, so that the Giants have unloaded in the top of the eleventh and let's be honest, the battle to see who could possibly catch my New York Mets. Hopefully neither do. But a big game in the desert some worth Jeffer fear the Mets have that flip flop? How do you beat a team with a flip flop? All right, let's say hi to Mike in Tulsa. Who's going to give it a shot at Mike's words of wisdom? What's up Tulsa?
Speaker 6: Hey, hi guys.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you Mike.
Speaker 2: Yea, thank you buddy, Mikey ready to try to repeat the words of wisdom from Mike who.
Speaker 1: Runs his place.
Speaker 11: I'll give it my best shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. You're ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 9: No matter what you're feeling in your dreams never.
Speaker 5: No, no, sorry, brother.
Speaker 2: In your dreams fade, They're all in your dreams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, try again next week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, thank you, buddy. You don't have a buzzer anymore.
Speaker 6: Hey you guys, thank you, tim and Spokane Washington.
Speaker 5: What up, Timmy? What's up going?
Speaker 1: We're good man?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to give it a shot? Mike's where is the wisdom? Take it away, buddy boy, no matter what's your feeling. Never use the bathroom in a dream.
Speaker 5: It's a setup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Congla, congrats man.
Speaker 6: You just want to Timmy and Spokane you the man, thank you.
Speaker 1: Never use a Never use the bathroom in your dream, it's the set up.
Speaker 3: Get it you the bed.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: How do you not get that? You don't get anything? Because you know what I was thinking. I was like, you know what I was thinking about my dreams. I was taking it more literal. You ever use your phone in your dream? They say, you don't, right, It's like one of those I've never ever I've always been in the moment in my dream. I've never like looked at my phone like I do in real life. In a dream, you ever.
Speaker 1: Think about it?
Speaker 2: You even have a really you ever happened to be having a really like kinky wild moment in a dream and then someone wakes you up and you're really mad they woke you up, And then you try to go back to sleep, to get back to anywhere, and it's your.
Speaker 1: Dog licking your foot.
Speaker 9: Didn't you say you once had a dream where you ate a giant marshmallow and you walk up and your pillow was gone.
Speaker 2: You went there? You went there with the mom joke. That's not even a dad joke. So yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Congrats man, congrats, and thanks for playing Mike's Wednesday Words of wisdom. We still got midweek major Spottleby tell jokes and.
Speaker 7: Whoa you ever went coming up?
Speaker 5: You ever went back to high school in a dream?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: For some reason, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: We all have the same few dreams, like going back to high school or college where it's like the end of the semester and you're like I haven't gone to one class and you have that panicky school you.
Speaker 1: Have enough credits dream all the time.
Speaker 2: Still that's something new with like wiggle but missing like a loose teeth, Well that's bad. That's like money or something falling falling, but the whole like you know, I graduate pants, that's a that's a big one man.
Speaker 5: Pants.
Speaker 2: Now, Like I still I still have dreams that I have stuff in my dorm room and I gotta get it out. You're you're still a dorm room, like in my dreams, like I'm not done with school yet, like I don't have enough credits and my stuff is still there.
Speaker 6: And then and then in broadcasting, some of us have nightmares about dead air or equipment not working.
Speaker 5: Is I'm like, wake up, wake up. It's got to be a dream.
Speaker 1: Running down the hall to stop the dead air. You can never make it. Has anyone else ever had this dream?
Speaker 2: Because I know tugg about dreams is the lowest form of conversation, but we are Fox Sports Radio. Has anyone ever had a dream that they were playing high school or college sports again but they can't find their equipment?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But have you know what I've I've had the dream where I was back in high school. They're like, oh, you know what the game starts. I had one where I couldn't find my tuba. Really, Oh I looked that up too. Both of them not prepared for sports, can't find tube. Oh it means you're both lame. Actually says here says here in my dream book. But I have had to tie it back to sports because it is Fox Sports Radio. Have you ever had that super sweet dream is only second to that really hot sexy dream where you're actually playing professional sports and then you wake up and you're like, I'm not and it feels so real, like, oh, man, I did.
Speaker 1: Make the big leagues.
Speaker 2: That's right, I forgot and you're replaying that moment you're like in the outfield or something. I've had that dream a few times, dude, for real. It's the coolest feeling.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's not Covino, that's l Tuve. Hey, it's not richest Eli Manning.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Dan byer Her?
Speaker 10: You guys ever had a dream where you're thirsty? Yes, those are the worst. Like you're in your dream you're jugging like a two liter of water and then you're just thirsty as heck, So I keep water by the side of the bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ten wakes up like he's in the haraw like Chevy chasing vacation.
Speaker 7: But where is Kevin?
Speaker 1: Guys, it's Kevin Brown. We were wondering who that Rodger's picture?
Speaker 2: Well, hey, uh coming up here on FSR our buddy in yours?
Speaker 7: Oybody in yours?
Speaker 1: Are you turning into Trump?
Speaker 5: Or are you rich Davis?
Speaker 1: Your body is a buddy, would I hear yourself?
Speaker 2: You're turning into a mix of Sebastian Man of Skelco, Ryan Seacrest and Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Who's Rich Davis?
Speaker 3: How? Who are you are?
Speaker 1: Me? I am me? I go into this he's him?
Speaker 2: And then you're like after the break, I'm like, all right, Seacrest, who are you.
Speaker 1: Anyway? For nothing?
Speaker 2: By the way, giants game over for Arizona. It seems they slip back to five hundred if they don't give them come back here?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Now coming up, spotty boy, that's me has his midweek major. This is where all the stories pop culture, entertainment. Whatever you miss, he'll cover after the break more next try here, I'm con being on Rich.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Express Employment Pros for a new way to hire and manage your workforce. Express Employment Pros make it easy forget about posting jobs, sifting through resumes, being ghosted, interviews with unqualified applicants.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Move up to the pros with Expresspros dot Com Express your full service workforce solution, connecting you with top talent fast every day. Express recruits and screens of variota of workers in your area, so when it's time to hire, they got the talent you need ready to go to work.
Speaker 1: Did you say for Arriota, I did, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I went contract workforce through Express could help manage contingent labor costs and provide people that need to meet current and if you need full time employees, Express can recruit for you. Express Employment Pros helps tens of thousands of companies find workers, saving business time and increasing flexibility. Find your nearest location at expresspros dot com. Each of the eight hundred and seventy Express locations are locally owned and operated back by the Sport of International headquarters. We know hiring is stressful, so stop the Hassle's partner with Express. Go to expresspros dot com find a location near you. Coveno and Rich Coveno, coov I, n O.
Speaker 1: Search it. Remember the name. Everyone spells your name wrong.
Speaker 2: Everybody spells it wrong. We've had banners that like big fights and I'm all pumped. They have our names on These banisters are broadcasting for a big fighter, big event. It says Conveno, Corveno, and then I always see Covina like West Covina, like no, I saw ob I and O I saw Covino before the show. He's booking his daughter at sweet sixteen. Yeah, and he's like, I didn't get the I didn't get the agreement emailed to me.
Speaker 3: And they're like, here it is Steve Covina.
Speaker 1: He's like, god you.
Speaker 2: Oh, my father's a dang in.
Speaker 1: He's at that anyway, get this, Get this.
Speaker 2: We're Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio.
Speaker 1: All Gas, No Breaks.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Timmy, no Breaks and the lg X Boom grabs the portable speaker that powers your hustle from morning coffee runs to midnight rooftop hanks enjoy vibrant sound up to twenty hours of playback. That's all twenty hours of Proclaimers. You could listen to Rich and OMC.
Speaker 1: You know your favorite al Bazaar.
Speaker 2: Now think of all the mambo number five's Rich could dance too. And now Erica save twenty five percent off at LG dot com with code Fall twenty five.
Speaker 1: And that's all. That's almost. That's almost the day of you listening to Olympus. Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: They got a new single out and uh, you can bring the boom with the experts. Yeah, and for over forty years tire raq Ti Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rac dot com. The way tire buying should be now with any further delay with uh, let's hand it over to our video guy, our pal with Midweek Major.
Speaker 7: Spotty.
Speaker 11: Coveno, and Rich get you over the middle of the week. When mid Week Major Major, Oh, I love that. We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 9: Say, that's Summit. We definitely major.
Speaker 11: See in our score Midweek Major.
Speaker 6: Ah yeah, guys, ready, it's Wednesday.
Speaker 5: When I say cove, you say ven O, Cove Vena, You're not.
Speaker 1: A fine? Can I just have more time?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You get ten?
Speaker 6: Ten minutes is almost too much for Spotty Boy. We're gonna roll the two big Red Love Dice in the main studio.
Speaker 1: I just told a six.
Speaker 5: All right. That means Coke gets first take.
Speaker 6: And now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Plains New Jersey, Spotty Boy, Hi guys.
Speaker 9: Hey spar oh sit down, hi spot, step up, take a seat? How are you you ready a ready receive?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: You don't see that interesting? You're gonna bring the boom like my LG speaker, I definitely am all right. Starting off with Patrick Mahomes officially over the sports hill today as he turns the Big three to oh, I saw that. And to celebrate a star studded collection of a list athletes and celebrities recorded messages for the Chiefs QB. Some of those big names include David Beckham, Kane Brown, Bobby Wit, Junior, Peyton Manning, Pat McAfee, Rob Riggles, Big Kiefs Fan, Kevin Richardson, Eric stone Street, all big Chiefs fans. Even coach Andy Reid got in on the fun with some former players as well, Chad Hanny, Alex Smith, Mitchell Schwartzeer can give you the whole list, but his wife Britney jumped in with their kids as well. But of course notably missing and people pointed this out, is Bud Travis Kelcey and Boo Taylor Swift didn't record a message for him. Of course, they were seen out over the weekend at their New Steakhouse fifteen eighty seven Prime where Kelsey looked like it was a member of ACDC. You remember that, yes, yeah, so, But anyway, Happy Birthday, Patri Mahomes Midweeker major min.
Speaker 2: Although I get it right, it's very noticeable by the way. It was like a montage of birthday wish.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you jealous? I am a little jealous.
Speaker 2: I've never even gotten a cameo from anybody. I'm gonna get you a cameo from cameo word up. I just think people really need to get a life. I'm serious about that. What does that mean? I speculate, like where's Trevis Tailor?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't they have a steakhouse in partnership together? Aren't they business partners? And you think there's trouble in paradise because they didn't leave a stupid birthday message. If I didn't give a video birthday message to Rich doesn't mean I don't like them anymore. So corny people just love drama controversy. I don't think there's any drama or contrast.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. People are looking for it.
Speaker 2: However, while there is no drama or controversy, I think it's major in that this guy doesn't have time to do a twenty second happy birthday message. Listen, I know this to be fact because when my wife turned forty, it's major.
Speaker 1: That they didn't leave a video message. That's major.
Speaker 2: You had your chance, clown, But I'm asking you you believe what you're saying. I do it away because when my wife turned for forty last year, I had her friends and family leave little messages.
Speaker 1: I put together a little similar video montage.
Speaker 2: Any I am, Have you ever done anything considered for someone else?
Speaker 1: No, So maybe you don't understand.
Speaker 2: I left a message for mahomes and they didn't use my montage, Like, hey man, I just want to say happy birthday to you, bro your mind inspiration, Happy thirtieth. My reasoning is that it's amazing how close family friends and family members.
Speaker 3: Like there's such a pain the ass to just do a ten.
Speaker 2: Second message, like I remember hitting up like my wife's one of her best friends, like, yeah, can you just grab your phone now and do it? Hey, happy birthday Sarah the Big four. Oh I love you. Like some people can't do the simplest thing. It's wild to me. I know it's not major they're best friends, They've won three super Bowls together, they have a steakhouse.
Speaker 1: Was that any indication of their relationship? That's my post.
Speaker 2: I mean it's people over speculating because they have no lives.
Speaker 1: Mid You know how it's kind of weak and how easy it is.
Speaker 9: If I said, Danny G by the way, I hate it, there's so much pressure to it, Like there's something I have stage fright with you.
Speaker 2: If you were to tell me to recorde a message, you tell me if Danny G's wife said, Hey.
Speaker 3: It's Brenda, it's Danny G's birthday.
Speaker 1: Come up, We're doing a montage. You want to just grab your fun and be like, Yo, Danny G. My guy, you happy birthday? Love you man? The en send? How is that so hard? Travis is Lazy's health? Next?
Speaker 5: Fright frightens man?
Speaker 9: So you know, I'll take a pause on the more Travis and Taylor news. Okay, please, I'll go to another story.
Speaker 1: Who's going first?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So this one you'll love this one. Comino.
Speaker 9: So, there was speculation that the November fourteenth fight between Jake Paul.
Speaker 1: And Tank Davis may not be going down.
Speaker 9: Well, it turns out speculation was due to a location change, so Paul's promotion company MVP, pulled its request to host the bout in Georgia, withdrawing submissions and permits and rules for and rule waivers, it seems the bout is officially being official. It's been a confirm relocated to Miami at the Cassea Center, the home of the Miami Heat. Paul addressed the change on social media, saying, New City say mission, seek and destroy the tank. I'm bringing the Heat and Miami will see me take down this angry elf while the while the world watches live on netflixs week er major.
Speaker 1: It's major.
Speaker 2: I personally feel it's mid because I'm a real boxing fan, but it's major because the numbers don't lie. Shakira's hips and the numbers don't lie. One hundred and twenty five million people tuned in to watch Paul versus Tyson compared to the forty one million that watched Canelo Crawford, and by the way, forty one million still really really successful. That's a lot of numbers, a lot of people, but when you compare it to the mamythity and magnitude of Paul Tyson, so there's gonna be a lot of people amped up and ready for this fight. But the story was USA Today. It wasn't like a rumor USA Today and other news sources in USA, it was off because of a weight discrepancy. So the fact that it's back on and now in Miami, that's cool. Rich and I are actually going to be away that weekend. So it gives people something to do and something to watch as entertaining, and I think it does bring a lot of eyes to boxing.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Win Bro party in the major where the heat is on Miami. I think it's great. I'm glad the fight is on because, like you said, this is a weekend. Selfishly, we're gonna have like a guy's weekend and that Friday night, now this something to watch before you go out or after a nice dinner. So Jake Paul, whether you love him or not, three times as many viewers when he fought Tyson, is the biggest fight of the century according to Cavino, which things, Those things bring people together.
Speaker 1: That's that's really it. Yeah, So I think it brings people together.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's major because, like again, Jake Paul, Tank Davis will have bigger numbers than Canelo Crawford and I don't think it.
Speaker 1: Should, but it will.
Speaker 2: So hey, something to watch November thirteenth, enjoy, all right, and I believe that's a Friday the thirteenth, right.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth? Oh sorry, fourteenth fourteenth?
Speaker 5: All right? A new Sea rich perk your ears up.
Speaker 9: A new season of Dancing with the Stars just kicked off.
Speaker 1: A few notable.
Speaker 9: Stars, of course, I'm ready for Topanga Topeka, Robert Irwin, Daniel Fisher. You mentioned Eddie Richter, Alex Earl, Hilaria Baldwin, Corey Alex is like the hot influence of course, yeah yeah, but noticeably missing, and that would be Bill Belichick's twenty four year old girlfriend, Jordan Hudson. So apparently, Hudson was supposed to be featured this season, but two days before the cast was announced, the deal was called off. So get this apparently, and this tracks Apparently, Hudson wanted way too much creative control over her appearance. She refused to do certain interviews, She wanted to choose her partner, She wanted to choose when she would rehearse so she could attend Belichick's games. She also didn't like how Dancing with the Stars was pushing her relationship narrative between her and Bill, So I guess the deal fizzled out. I guess we all avoided some unnecessary drama.
Speaker 5: Midweek er major.
Speaker 1: It's it's mid. Okay, it's mid.
Speaker 8: That's so mid.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's mid because I don't care about Corey Feldman doing the chat chat. That's number one. I don't speak for yourself. But it also shows you that she doesn't need that money. She's got Belichick money, she's got a lot of his investment properties.
Speaker 1: She doesn't care.
Speaker 2: So hey, if you want her on the show, you gotta play by my rules a little bit.
Speaker 1: She doesn't need it. I think that's what it says. I don't really care. At least Corey.
Speaker 2: Feldman was a child star Topanga Daniel Fishell doing the passa doble.
Speaker 1: Hey, it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think this is major because the fact.
Speaker 1: That ABC.
Speaker 2: Was going to put Jordan Hudson on a primetime show about Dancing with Stars.
Speaker 7: What star she's sleeping with it all?
Speaker 2: Guy? Yeah, but she's a big name, but a star Stars Stars, wouldn't she accomplish? She's got Bill Yeah, that's a pretty big accomplishment, more than you've ever done.
Speaker 7: Good night, everybody.
Speaker 9: I'll uh, you know what, I'll wrap it up with see Kaitlyn Clark. Fans, Kaitlyn Clem fans are grumpy over the treatment that her Rookie of the Year predecessor Page posts, Yeah, follow up, Yeah, Paige Beckers. I didn't know if it was the predecessor was right, Paige Beckers. So Beckers was handed the honor in special fashion ahead of her appearance on The Jennifer Hudson Show, which I know you love when they do their.
Speaker 2: Spirit walk the tunnel where everyone dances see CAVENO.
Speaker 1: Try to do that? Do I have to wear a samurai helmet?
Speaker 9: So at the end of the spirit tunnel, as they call wm me A commissioner Kathy Engelbert was there waiting to hand Beckers the honor, and then fans noted how when Clark received it last year, she got like a phone call, FaceTime call that was just put over the speakers during a fever practice. They did note that the Fever was actually in the playoffs last year and that the Dallas Wings are not this year, but people still think that Clark as much as she pioneered, the game should have gotten a little bit more of a little bit more respect. By the way, Becker's received sixty five out of the seventies sixty seven votes, and it needed Clark got sixty six.
Speaker 2: Soe well, congrats to her again. This goes back to the first story. This is mid because you're looking for drama. Why are we looking for drama all the time? Get a life? Get a life. This is like a non story that we're trying to make a story, and every experience is going to be different. With that said, I'll just add this one quick thing. It's the evolution. Yeah, the game's getting The WNBA is growing every year. That would be like someone saying back in the eighties and nineties the NFL draft was like low key. Now it's a big, huge event. Yeah, things get bigger as things grow. So Caitlin Clark got a FaceTime and a how do you do this?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: Gets an appearance on a daytime talk show? Who cares like? Things evolve?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Deal with but good stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Fy. That was fun made me laugh today. All right, let's go to Dan Buyer for an update.
Speaker 5: dB.
Speaker 1: What's up man, Guys?
Speaker 10: The game finally ended in Arizona, Giants could a five to one win in eleven innings. So right now is the standing sit for rich his Mets. Two game cushion over Arizona, two and a half over the Reds and Giants. After the Red speed the Cardinals today six to two, the Cubs clinched their first playoff berth since twenty twenty. They top the Pirates eight to four. Divisions still in play four and a half back in Milwaukee in the Nlcentral, But if they don't get that, they are still in as a wild card. Big news out of our nation's capital as the Washington DC City Council voted eleven to two to approve the three point eight billion dollar plan to build a new stadium for the Commanders on the current RFK Stadium site. The stadium is set to open in twenty thirty.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: In other Commander's news, quarterback Jadon Daniels miss practice today with a spring knee. Head coach Dan Quintin said the earliest Daniels could practice is on Friday. They've got the Raiders coming up on Sunday. Forty nine Ers head coach Kyle Shanahan's in quarterback brock Party was limited in practice today and he has a chance to play in Week three against Arizona despite toe and shoulder injuries. Jets quarterback Justin Fields ruled out for their Week three matchup with the Buccaneers because of his concussion. The Chargers are placing linebacker Khalil Mack and I are with his left elbow injury, but Mac is expected to return at some point this season. WNBA playoffs roll on tonight in New York. Liberty forward Brianna Stewart expected to play against the Phoenix Mercury in Game two of their best of three playoff series. She's been dealing with a spring knee, but is expected to go tonight as they're up one to zero in the best of that in that best of three series, guys, back to.
Speaker 2: You, hey, thank you Dan Bayer. Again, it seems like a common theme is the level of importance of backup quarterbacks this season so far. Yeah, a lot of frad Gila starters this year. Again, your boy, because I know you always root from Torot Taylor getting yet another shot again.
Speaker 1: I said it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Being a backup quarterback in the NFL that sticks around, you make some pretty decent money. You don't really have the wear and tear, and you get some opportunities here and there, and if you deliver, you're then a backup for another team for a couple of years. Not a bad game, you could you could find your way through the NFL there. You could be a backup for a decade, make a career earnings of twenty five to fifty million dollars or more.
Speaker 1: Literally holding a.
Speaker 2: Clip clipboard eighty ninety percent of the time, and Carson Wentz gonna get an opportunity this week, isn't a while to think, I know, dB, you pointed out the other day Carson Wentz six teams six years.
Speaker 10: I didn't point that out, but that's a crazy stat So, yeah, it was. It was a Covino, he confused us both. Yeah, I was like, isn't that crazy, dude? We were going through it. Yeah, I think it was Steve Corvinae.
Speaker 1: So you got to start that.
Speaker 2: Believe now, for six teams and six years, which is a record in professional football.
Speaker 10: His Pro Football Reference page must be very colorful with all the different jerseys.
Speaker 2: You've had that he's like the shack of the NFL. Yeah right, well, thank you DV We got more Covino and Rich. Next we'll talk a little MLB wildcards from NFL. Hank tit more CNR coming at you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, time for some action.
Speaker 1: Foody time across the USA.
Speaker 2: Also known as Cavino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. And if you ever wanted to try an Olympic and Paralympic sport, try fencing.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 1: Fast, safe and easy to start.
Speaker 2: Find a beginner class near you at USA Fencing dot org slash Try Fencing. That's the USA USA USA Fencing dot org slash Try Fencing. And business fluctuations make running your manufacturing business complex. I see that, but staffing your business doesn't need to be. Let Express Employment Pros provide the workforce you need. Go to expresspros dot com to find the location near you. That's Expresspros dot Com. All right now, before we get out of here, I looked at what the current wild card would be in baseball and I said it yesterday, But just the matchups that the matchups that would be are unbelievably entertaining to me. Remember we're saying, like, what would it look like? Yeah, well, right now.
Speaker 1: You're looking at.
Speaker 2: The Cubs, Padres, and Mets would be your wild cards, right and you got you would have as of right now, Cubs playing the Padres, Mets.
Speaker 1: Playing the Dodgers, which would be awesome.
Speaker 2: In the American League, Astros and Red Sox are virtually tied, they're half a game apart, but the Yankees would end up playing the Socks, the.
Speaker 1: Red Sox or the Astros.
Speaker 2: So you either have the Yankees Astros old school, like the drama of you know, the cheating and everything. So you get Yankees Astros or Yankees Red Sox and the other team ends up playing the third best, which would be Seattle.
Speaker 1: Or Houston jumps ahead.
Speaker 2: So just a lot of great matchups in the in the Major League Baseball Wildcard round. I brought that up, and there's something else we want to bring up, but Danny whisper in my ear, it's not official, but I think it's worth bringing up just because.
Speaker 6: It's rumored on several sites, but no official numbers are out yet.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna talk about before I brought up the wildcard. It's not official, but we might have an ultimate fail on our hands. You know, sometimes someone overestimates how many people are going to show up at an event, or how many people are going to go to a concert. You see a lot of artists unfortunately cancel their tour and you're like, why they cancel their tour and they don't like to say it, so they'll always like sneaker out with like oh illness or family matter or something, and it's usually because they can't sell tickets, or a movie totally flops because eight hundred people went to see it and you're like, wow, that movie made only a couple million dollars and had an eighty million dollar budget. You're like, oh, you know you you mentioned my love of limp biscuit before.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Fred Durst put out a movie and John Travolta was the star.
Speaker 1: Of the movie. I think like thirteen people saw that movie. I don't know it existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying Angel Reese, now this is just this is rumor, nothing confirmed yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there's also a report saying this might be misinformation from hater misinformation.
Speaker 2: It's being reported that only a couple hundred pair of Angel Reese's sneakers have sold, which is crazy because if you watch that docuseries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this can't be true, right.
Speaker 2: You're like, no way, because Shaq puts so much into getting Angel Reese involved, and they put so much into that shoe.
Speaker 1: And if this is true, it's not true, but it.
Speaker 2: Might not be true, but it's it's social media rumors, which again are so if.
Speaker 1: But do you know what do you doubt it? Ryan Danny J?
Speaker 2: Do do you know anyone that's going out to buy the Angel Reeses? Like this would not shock me? I don't know, man, do you know anyone? Do you know anyone that we about five hundred and fifty pair?
Speaker 6: She's nothing, She's one of those I could sell more, but she's one of those players people love to hate. So I can see how this misinformation is out there for writers.
Speaker 1: That's interesting in itself.
Speaker 2: This might be just a bad rumor to you know, ruin her image, tarnish her image and her star power, but would shock you though, it would make me wonder if if it was real. I'm like, well, is it just a weak ass shoe or do people or people look at Reboggy like that's just a weak ass you or is it a sign of her likability and star power?
Speaker 1: I think that's what the question.
Speaker 2: I think that we inflate the popularity of the w NBA outside of Caitlyn Clark, so it would not chock me at all. But I would imagine she could sell I know you're saying, if we sold air Covinas, if we sold there in ours, we'd sell more than that, and we did a promotion. Tell me, angel rees, can't someone in two hundred fift I'm buying into as the story breaks, I'm buying into rumors at a zero, and I might buy it if you told me two thousand, I might be like, but the rumor is colossal loss for me. Well, we'll see that. It's a funny rumor though, because it's believable. All Right, We'll see you guys manyana. Until then, have a great have a great Wednesday. Vid there baby, see you in the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: Good Bye,