Speaker 1: Hello, my little sexy kittens. This is Lala.
Speaker 2: Kent's and Randal.
Speaker 1: This is so crazy because Randal is in Puerto Rico. I'm in La in my kitchen. I'm listening to him via these headphones, and I don't know how to react because usually I can see your face, Rand, when I need to go toes with you, I know what your facial expression is.
Speaker 3: I actually feel safer over here, like you can't assassinate me.
Speaker 2: I can't be punished because.
Speaker 3: I'm eight hours away, So this is actually safer for both of us.
Speaker 1: We also have the end button, which you and I both love to press when we don't like what the other person is saying.
Speaker 3: That is true. Also, I want to talk about something. We cannot spread coronavirus.
Speaker 2: To one another. So that's all so good.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that freaks me out with like traveling to come see you because we have a wedding happening pretty soon, and if I catch that shit before the wedding, heads will be rolling.
Speaker 2: But can I tell you something.
Speaker 3: I've read a lot of the stuff, and I'm not a doctor and i'm not the CDC, but I do believe that if you're a healthy individual. I think it's like catching the flu. But unfortunately, like my mother and father are in their mid.
Speaker 2: Seventies, so I am petrified for them.
Speaker 3: And I had a phone call with my mom today, you know, to head out to your bridal shower.
Speaker 2: She is really petrified.
Speaker 3: So it's very serious for people with immune deficiencies or older people. And you know, it's one of these unknowns law that we don't know what the outcome is going to be.
Speaker 2: You know, we feel like it's the end of the word, right.
Speaker 1: But you're talking to someone who is convinced that the government gave this to us. The government, And I think if you don't watch the news, like you're not really aware that it's happening. And I like to stay in that bubble of just like life is good. I don't watch the news, so I'm not quite sure what's happening in the world. And yes, I may be uninformed, but I'm also happy, and I choose to be uninformed and happy instead of the alternative.
Speaker 3: Well, I like the way you live. You've always lived in that bubble. But what I want to say is I'm out here in Puerto Rico. When I was on the beach all day today with you know, a lot of people from the movie, and.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel like coronavirus existed.
Speaker 3: Now I know it does that people are dying, but I actually feel pretty safe out here.
Speaker 2: In Puerto Ricos, so I think I'm just gonna stay here a lot.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, you seem like you're in great spirits. And you know, since I got back to La I caught this thing called the La La virus, which is where I want to troll the gram and go insane on everybody. And the other night I was in my bed, our bed with our ten year old London, and I told London, I was like, London, I was. I was online. I googled myself, which is a rare occasion. I usually like, don't do that, and I saw that Tom Sandoval had like said some stuff about this season on vander Pump and like how he was shocked about how I spoke about Ariana to her face and then behind the black yesa.
Speaker 3: Real quick yeah, I didn't hear about any of this stuff. So let's rewind.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I wanted to share this.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I needed to hear all this. You went live and spoke about Tom and Aria.
Speaker 1: Okay, so listen. So I'm in bed with London and I see this article. I immediately look at London and I'm like, London, I need you to go downstairs really quick because Lala needs to do something. I turn on the live Oh no, and I just went ape shit on Tom Sandoval and Ariana. I was firing to the point where, like, even right now my heart is like pounding thinking about it, because it bothers me that these people behind their computer screens are like la, la, the way you talk to Arianna behind her back, she had your back. Let's get one thing straight. A good friend, A good friend is there for you whether you're in the shitter or whether you're thriving, Like I don't want to have to be sobbing in a corner for you to be like how are you? You know, like I also want to talk to you when I'm doing like really well. So then it triggered me because I'm like, people are talking about how like she was a fucking safe place as I'm grieving the death of my dad, and this bitch behind my back is telling people that I need to toughen the fuck up. I went insane. Randall on the line, oh god.
Speaker 2: La, I really did. I can't leave you alone for three seconds.
Speaker 1: It bugged me. It bugged me about the pastor how they were, like my girlfriend's bisexual, Ariana's like I'm bisexual. Like that directly affected me. What your pastor said. It's like, well, your friend Max like commented some pretty racist tweets and Brittany has a biracial nephew, so like, should we be questioning why you're still friends with Max? Like? It really fucking triggered me. Okay, so this is all stuff that I did on the live.
Speaker 3: So you left Puerto Rico, you were in great spirits. You get home and you go into.
Speaker 1: A full uh meltdown meltdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Can I ask you a question, babe?
Speaker 1: Ask me. I'm a little nervous. What's the question?
Speaker 3: Could you please book a ticket tonight and come back here because I don't think it's in your best interest to be in Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: Okay about me at the time, I love that idea. But listen, listen to how mature sober Lalla is. So I went on this tangent and I only left it up for forty minutes and then I deleted it. So like, if you saw it, you saw it. If you didn't, you didn't.
Speaker 3: That is, by the way, that is sober Lala, because because the old schoo Lala would have left that up.
Speaker 2: And then kept instagramming it for like weeks. So very fas now. But Babe, can I ask you a questions?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: I know they're your friends, and I know you go to war with with people all the time, and I do.
Speaker 1: There there my dysfunctional family, right, But but I don't think it's I I don't.
Speaker 2: I think this is silly.
Speaker 3: And I think at the end of the day, you guys all really like each other, and I think that there's no reason for the craziness and hopefully you'll you'll.
Speaker 1: Make up Randall without the craziness, we don't have Vanderbump Rule's baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I say something? Can I can I pivot right there for a second?
Speaker 1: Pivot? Pivot?
Speaker 2: This shows and.
Speaker 3: I was so on the outskirts of the Vanderpump world. You know, you've been your man for a long time now. But the fact that our guest today that he is at our house, which I'm stoked he is one of the coolest people now that I've gotten to know through you, and he also has I'm taken a journey similar to yours, and I don't know all the details because you know, I'm not as close like you are, But I think you should let everybody know who our guest is today because I am pretty stoked that you that you that you guys are really good friends again. And you know, this is a guy who's uber successful building a whole career for himself outside of vander Pump, and I know we'll go on, you know, to bigger and huge, you know, much bigger and other things, and I just think you should introduce it because he I think you could do a better job than I'm struggling a little bit. But I am very proud of you and the relationship you have with this person because the two of you have done some amazing things together.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, I second everything you said, but before I introduce our epic guests, I want to do two things. First of all, I want to say Tom and Ariana I can go toes with them, and I can say all this bullshit, but I'm telling you what, if anyone else goes toes with them who's not a part of our crew, I will bust somebody up like that is the family. So let's just get that straight. And now I want to pop into the voicemails.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't even want to say who our guest is yet.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the voicemails.
Speaker 5: You have them, La, La and rand. Oh my gosh, I've been waiting for this. I'm so excited. My question is my husband and I just got a puppy and I'm wondering how you guys discipline Lily. I always like to be good cop and make him bad cop. I know Lill's probably a perfect angel who does never need discipline, But what would be your advice on dog rearing because I want to play good cop, dad cop all the time. Okay, thank you so much, and I cannot wait for more of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I love this question. I love this question because when rand and I got together, he had a dog and I had a dog too, one two dogs too.
Speaker 3: Please respect, please respect Tinkerbell even though she is not here.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, both of these dogs pete all over my new rugs. Okay, so Randall clearly is not the greatest trainer in the world.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a fight if you keep talking about the damn dog.
Speaker 1: My sweet Lily. Oh you're sweet Lily, absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: Tim, do you hear the shit?
Speaker 4: Well, I also agree?
Speaker 3: Oh you agree with her? You're a kiss ass producer. You're a kiss as. You're fired. Okay, okay, I can't. I can't make the show without you, so you're really not fired.
Speaker 1: Go ahead to this question. I don't think you need a good cop bad cop with dogs, because they're like, even though they're super intelligent, they're not gonna know that you're like good cop bad cop. But I really believe in create training. Like I don't like when people leave their dogs in a crate all day long. I think that's messed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I disagree with this. Great training is what I call Jim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, says the man whose dogs pee everywhere all over the house.
Speaker 3: First of all, fion, I only have one dog left, okay, because I think it was a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: And you kill my dog, well, she also peas all over my rugs. She also does it you kill.
Speaker 2: My dog, don't don't lie that you killed my dogs.
Speaker 1: I did not kill your You have to stop saying that, Randall. I think just because I wasn't the biggest Tinkerbell fan. I still loved the dog, the.
Speaker 2: Biggest Tigerbell fan. Tigerbell is like you, she got lunch.
Speaker 1: Randall, you cannot say this. People are gonna think that I like abuse animals. I'm not kidding. You have to stop saying that.
Speaker 3: First of all, you don't abuse animals. You you're the biggest advocate of animals.
Speaker 2: That stopped.
Speaker 3: This is silly, but you definitely were not. If you ranked Lily Fiona and Tigerbell and order.
Speaker 1: It would go just that way. Lily, Fiona and tinker Bell. That's exactly the order, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, But but let's be honest.
Speaker 3: When Tigger Bell was about to pass in her sickness, you did bring me to the to the doctor and make me hold her because I was having a melt down.
Speaker 2: So I do thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the answer to her question with dog rearing, Jona.
Speaker 2: Is a great dog and listens, he's getting.
Speaker 1: So offended the fact that his dogs aren't very well trained.
Speaker 3: I don't have dogs anymore. I got one damn dog.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not why I got a dead dog.
Speaker 3: And a live dog. Why do you keep saying I got two dogs? I gotta I gotta. I got a cup of ashes. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: And who put Tingerbell in into a safe little earn I did? That was my idea.
Speaker 4: You put her in her But she's dead.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start crying in a second.
Speaker 3: Stop talking about Rebell. I'm devastated. Holy shit, this is not okay. I love Sacreppel. Damn it, Laa.
Speaker 1: We all love tinger Bell.
Speaker 2: Stop saying.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace tinker Bell. Okay, well, I'm sure we didn't answer. We didn't answer one question about the about the dog.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna rob all your dogs. That's see how you feel.
Speaker 1: Like Literally, her voicemail was nothing about what we're talking about. I'm sorry. I hope that it was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Can I talk about her voice?
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna go to the guests now, No.
Speaker 2: No, Laa. Please let me just say one thing about the voicemail.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Will you be honest that I love Lily as much as I love Fiona the truth? And will you admit that Lily sits and waits at the door for me like I birthed her. That is the truth.
Speaker 2: Be honest.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lily loves you, babe, thank you. But she loves me more anyway. Our guest, Oh my god, you're like you're Randall put a sock in it over there in Puerto Rico, because guess what, my boy, the person that literally had my back through thick and thin when I first came into this lion's den called vander pump Rules is sitting next to me in my kitchen. We have James mother e think Kennedy that as.
Speaker 2: Bad as DJ J's Kennedy.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: How you feeling right now? James?
Speaker 4: I feel good. I feel good. I'm in your kitchen right now. This is a beautiful view of the looks like a jungle out there. I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a jungle out here.
Speaker 4: So home.
Speaker 1: So Jamison has been to the house before, but never when we have the kids here, and I was like, James, this is my wife and he's like this is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it great? No?
Speaker 6: They were so nice, They're so sweet, and London was showing me her TikTok.
Speaker 3: Wait will you see her playing step mom? Is it like freaky to you?
Speaker 2: James?
Speaker 4: No? No.
Speaker 6: Laala asked me if it was weird, and I was like, no, it's not weird.
Speaker 4: I think it suits so really.
Speaker 6: Well, actually, you know, I love that. I love that up around the house and playing with them.
Speaker 4: Then it was really cute.
Speaker 6: So but London was showing me her tiktoks and they're both very well behaved.
Speaker 2: So thank you buddy. That that means a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they warmed up to Jamison super quick.
Speaker 2: Well, you know London, you know London.
Speaker 3: You know when she sees, you know, a boy that is attractive, you know, she she goes into another mode.
Speaker 1: She does she stunts on them, doesn't she.
Speaker 2: All right, that's my ten year old.
Speaker 1: Well we know, but she did pull out the TikTok for him to show him what's up.
Speaker 3: Well, let me let me say this the thing, James, honestly, and I know you know, life, it takes us all down different paths.
Speaker 2: We've all had our shit in life.
Speaker 3: I am very very proud and give you a lot of respect where you've come from, what you've gone through, and.
Speaker 2: Where you are today.
Speaker 3: And I just want to give you a shout out, like you know, what a badass guy you are.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Yeah, thank you. That really means a lot to me. And yeah, I mean it's been a long road, but I feel really good in the place that my head's at and where my work's at, and I've just been focused lately, and it's blessings that, like, you know, people around me are noticing that as well.
Speaker 4: So it's been really good. It's been really good.
Speaker 1: You can see it, like in your face and even when we go to the studio when you're doing your wraps and stuff, like your voice is crisp, Like everything about you is just different and amazing and Randy. I've told you this. I've told people this a lot, Like I've experienced every single kind of James and I think they're all pretty fucking hilarious unless you're on the perceiving end.
Speaker 3: But baby, but it's like you though, you and James. If you're on the right side, it's like loyal to the end. If you're on the rock side, your house is gonna get burned down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But I'm telling you, like, there were a few episodes that you were m I A for and I'm telling you, people on Instagram were like, bring back the James Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was really nice to see.
Speaker 6: Actually, all the people on Instagram, you know, because you don't expect that, you know, it's when it's least expected things come out, and yeah, I got a good response, but it was weird, like not seeing me in the first I think it was like a few episodes. Yeah, it was, you know, I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 1: But you know, well, the crazy thing is is like he's over here seeing that he's not in episodes while he's like DJing in front of like hundreds upon hundreds of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Crazy full tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean it's really shout out to all the people that have come out to all the shows. I mean it's been really crazy. I've started a residency in Atlantic City at the Haas and it's so it's so fun doing a residency because I get to go back to the same place, you know, the same room.
Speaker 4: You know, they make me feel at home there.
Speaker 1: So I see the same faces. That's got to be nice.
Speaker 4: Too, Yeah, the same faces around.
Speaker 6: And I bring Raquel and like, if Raquel doesn't come with me, I always bring a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know, my friends all sing and they're all.
Speaker 6: Talented musicians, so they end up coming on stage.
Speaker 1: Are they kind of are they kind of like your hype man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I mean like, you know, I think we hype each other up, but I think life's all about, you know, giving those that you care about around you opportunities as well, you know, especially if they're doing good things in music, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 6: I've got the power now to be performing in front of one hundred to thousands of people. I think my biggest crowd this year was like six thousand in Sacramento. And next week I'm doing Shamrock Festival. It's the biggest block party. They shut down the whole streets in San Diego March fourteenth, Saturday. Get your tickets San Diego shamrock dot com. But yeah, it's gonna be live. I'm actually headlining the entire festival, which is amazing. Ecy Twins are coming along and I feel amazing, amazing, amazing performers, so it's gonna be great. I'm really excited again. I'm bringing my friends along for that heart Rob.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe the blame will show up.
Speaker 6: I've got a new track with Grant Kemp and Cozy Boy that's really blown up on Spotify right.
Speaker 1: Now as well, the one you play for me that has like the like Island Field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tropical house track.
Speaker 6: It's definitely like pool party vibes if you're having a martini at the mandre on on a summer's day, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know it's good vibes.
Speaker 3: James, let me ask you a question because this is something like, you know, I'm friends with a lot of DJs, you know, in the world, and the thing is, I'm always amazed at the lifestyle. Like I have anxiety if the sun is coming up, you know, I think I'm gonna die. Right, So can you just tell me, like what it's like, because I know you're out there. I see you're doing shows left or right, Like, I mean, you're busy as it gets What is it like the schedule?
Speaker 2: Like you fly in, what time do you go on? What time you get off? How do you get on a plane the next day?
Speaker 3: Like kind of like a day in the life of a DJ, like like because people don't know how hard it is because you don't go on at eight o'clock. You go on usually super late.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, Oh, it's it's really crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean a day in the life of me, like every weekend for the past I want to say, five months has been you know, if I've got three shows, I normally leave Thursday morning, but you know, you start the weekend off. I'll head to the East Coast at like six in the morning, So that means I'm getting up at four am to get ready for my fly and to get to boarding on time. And you know, I'm getting the cheapest flights possible. So you know I'm sitting Row thirty six by the by the through, Okay, Like I'm not fucking around here people, right, Like, no carry on. I keep my backpack on my bag with all my underwear, socks, DJ shit that I need. Like, yeah, all my shit is in my back so I don't even need to pay for an extra carry on because you know, like United or Spirit have to make a pay.
Speaker 4: For an extra bag.
Speaker 6: Like not only do you get the shitty sheep by the bathroom, you also need to pay for and carry on luggage.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh no, no, no, no, no, So anyway, I really I do. Like I have a really.
Speaker 6: Nice plush like silk eye mask. Okay, so the second I sit down, right, I got my neck brace on, I got my eyemask on, and I got my doctor j B's headphones just playing my meditation music, just chill shit. You know, I pass out on these flights and I don't talk to anybody, Like, so I sit.
Speaker 2: Down, James, you'll sleep on the plane.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've trained myself to sleep on every flight, no matter what.
Speaker 4: Wows an hour or five hours, I'm sleeping the whole time, whole time.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So so now you arrive at the hotel or how.
Speaker 6: Does a girl you know, hopefully the club does their job and I've got them paid for and.
Speaker 4: The drivers outside.
Speaker 6: Otherwise I'm in a fucking city in the freezing cold. That didn't bring my gloves, you know.
Speaker 4: No one outside.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, you're like these motherfuckers already put me on spirit at least have the car ready with the.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you know, I'll get to the hotel, check in, definitely, take a shower right away, and then start preparing for the show and the night.
Speaker 4: You know, I normally download like.
Speaker 6: All the newest tracks that are out or like Bumping Night of because music comes out every day now, like you know, someone can someone can release a remix that everyone's heard that they want to hear at the club.
Speaker 4: Later when they're fucked up.
Speaker 6: Like that's just what they want, you know, So I like to give the people what they want, you know.
Speaker 4: I love to do that, you know.
Speaker 1: What you were telling me? Like when he when you go to Texas or like to these places, like he knows.
Speaker 6: That he's going to Washington, Boston, fucking Tennessee, Mississippi, Rezona, Las Vegas, like in.
Speaker 1: The country places. He's like, I know that they need to hear Old Town Road, Like I just like it's going down.
Speaker 4: It's going down, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And wait, James, James, how long are the sets and what time do they usually get done at?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wait, the day continues before the same Oh does so?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 6: So then I've got a dinner on my rider. I like to go to the best restaurants in town, ye say, like yo, I want to go to the hottest steakhouse, like where all the people are at and it's like all gangster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on the best table.
Speaker 6: So we all get there, we have dinner. It's all camped and everything. I meet the owners, amazing people, Like I meet the chefs of these restaurants, Like you know, I've got like their numbers saved in my fones because I just love meeting like people, and you know, I normally have dinner with the club owners and like the head promoter, whoever maybe a lucky girl or whatever, we'll get to join just because like promoters like to do that, you know what I mean, Like even though I have a girlfriend, Like they like to bring girls around.
Speaker 1: Course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like you know whatever.
Speaker 1: I say, Hi, but well you make the promoter look Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm making everyone look good because I know they're investing in me for the night of their lives, like we only have tonight people, you know what I mean. I like to live life in the moment anyway. So then I get to the club, like you know, around midnight, and the DJ's just killing it getting the room warmed up.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he's not like killing it too hard because I want to be playing. I want to play Travis Scott's new song, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I always always get on around like twelve thirty one o'clock, and then I'm playing until pretty much the club closes. I mean, oh my god, yeah, I remember I left Chicago. Chicago's clubs don't close till like five am, so it's like I played till four.
Speaker 4: Thirty one time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: My plane left eight.
Speaker 6: So I went to the hotel, got my bag, showered, got in the car, went onto the plane, and finally rested my eyes.
Speaker 2: See I couldn't do that, James.
Speaker 1: So now that you don't drink, like, what is your drink of?
Speaker 6: Now, Randal, I got to tell you now that I don't drink, this is a walk in the park. Yes, Like I can go all night and be fine in the morning if I do not drink. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been okay, like and then I just catch up on sleep later.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, but, James, when you drank, was it like a ship show?
Speaker 4: Show? It was hectic a f What do you mean like picture this?
Speaker 6: Picture this like becoming becoming becoming somewhat conscious again in a hotel room with a bunch of strangers that I was talking to for the last you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I've just been I'm just like, who are you? I got to get on the plane.
Speaker 6: Then I end up like by the time I'm at the airport, I don't even remember these people's names. And then you know, keeping one eye open because that's what I do after seven hours.
Speaker 4: You may still give me a fucking ie patch and cool.
Speaker 2: This is the greatest ever, James is the greatest ever. Where it's called it's called the eyepatch hangover.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is actually horrific. I don't know how I did this, so, like you know years yeah, yees, yes.
Speaker 3: But but can I say something guys, yeah, Lala Lala used to say the same thing, babe, Like when you wake up now and you go crush the day, like you do one hundred things in one day.
Speaker 2: You used to struggle to do one thing in a day.
Speaker 4: You know, Well, a hangover a beats everything, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: James and I when we like and looking back on it, like I think about it and I'm like, that ship was real fun, Like we're too grown to be doing it now, Like it got a little too Like.
Speaker 4: It's still fun though, it's still fun, Like it's still crazy.
Speaker 1: But when James and I would have appearances together, like back in the day when I first came on to Vanner Pump, he would like, roll over to my Olympic apartment, you know, that little piece of shit that I used to live in, I remember, and we'd be like, I have vodka in the fridgeries are pop and fucking bottles, like we did not mess around. And now that you can't, like now not that you can't, but that you've chosen not to drink, like what is your drink of choice?
Speaker 6: And I know for every show, like I used to get these rushes of energy and anxiety before I used to go on like any club nights, right, it used to rush over me. And I used to numb that with drinking, right, so I would have a hard buzz on before I'd get on stage, you know what I mean. And then I do my thing and by the time I'm off stage, do you know what I mean, I am tipsy, I'm wasted. So now it's like I'm dealing with all of this energy and anxiety.
Speaker 4: Or like whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 6: I just call it's excitement as well, right, because after dinner, like I know I'm in this place and I'm about to go into this nightclub. One time, I was like ping in bed, like watching Rick and Morty till like twelve thirty and security didn't come get me till like twelve forty five to go on stage like downstairs, and I just come down to like a thousands screaming girls with their flashlights on. Just wow, I've got pasta like sources. Yeah, like people bring pasta to the shows and start throwing Come on, I swear like that actually like tomato sauces.
Speaker 1: Hold on ran for those For those who are listening, if you don't understand the pasta reference, go back to season six. James and I got into it and it became about the pasta.
Speaker 4: I think people that don't even watch Randa Popperoles know the pasta.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows that it's not about the posta la law.
Speaker 3: Can I say something, James, It's just an idea and I'm not a creative person.
Speaker 2: Well look well.
Speaker 4: Yeah you are. What You're directing a movie tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Better be creative.
Speaker 3: Here's my idea, James, in terms of music, sound like, but my friends see Vioki as you know, cakes people, right, Yeah, I think you should past the people at your shows.
Speaker 6: Oh come on, obvious, Like that's just a lawsuit waiting. I think the cakes hit a couple of people in the face, like really hard. So anyway, so then I'll get off the show now, just like dead sober ready to and I go, you know, hang out for a little bit, do my schmooz and then I get back to the hotel shower and literally take a nap for like two hours if I get that, because I like to get to the next place asap, Like I'm not here to sleep in in this hotel.
Speaker 4: I can hardly sleep in these hotels anyway.
Speaker 1: Get checked.
Speaker 6: So I get to the next place, like maybe nap again, and do it all over again until I get back home to the killing Graham.
Speaker 4: Dude. That is I couldn't do that, James, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: That is a badass schedule.
Speaker 1: That's a bad movie.
Speaker 3: And we're there for like three weeks. I mean, I give you a lot of respect. That is a tough.
Speaker 2: Grind, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's called passion right there, people, And I want to I want to get I want to dive more into the James Kennedy lifestyle. Let's take a short break. We'll be right back with DJ James Kennedy. All right, we're back with my boy, DJ James Kennedy. Yo, Rand, Yeah, this whole setup is really making me miss you, Like I wish that you were here watching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wish you were here too. I didn't know I was coming to h Random and Puerto Rico over.
Speaker 3: The phone, James, James, can I tell you how much I wanted to be there?
Speaker 2: I told Lala she cannot have you on without me there, and.
Speaker 4: We'll have to do it again. Then we'll just have to do you.
Speaker 2: Know what, We'll have to do a reunion towards you. Yeah, one of your one of your.
Speaker 4: One of the podcast people. I love it.
Speaker 3: James, Can I ask you a question real quick? Yeah, I'm not as you know, I'm not as hip. I'm a little older as you know. I have machine Gun Kelly flying in tomorrow for my movie.
Speaker 2: Is that cool or not?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a huge machine Gun Kelly fan.
Speaker 1: That's everybody loves mg.
Speaker 4: MGK tell him, I said, what's up? Yeah I will.
Speaker 2: I will tell you a video, James. I'm in a video and I'm gonna send you a video saying what's up?
Speaker 4: That would be.
Speaker 6: Sick, okay, So the other day we'll.
Speaker 1: Put him in some depends before you send the video. So the other day, James and I have a new song that's coming out. It's called Playboy Bunny. That's what's up. And before we started shooting the cover art, he was telling me stories about.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He was telling me stories about crazy interactions like fans, and I was like, bro, you have to talk to Randall and I about this on our podcast. So Jamison, A, right, what is the what is a crazy the moment that you've had when you're on tour?
Speaker 6: All right, three crazy moments okay. Number one the cat fight.
Speaker 1: The cat fight.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm in Oklahoma in a city called Tulsa, Okay, and we.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it, James. That was the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 4: I'm in a city called Tulsa. That was So we get to a bar. We get to a really like shitty.
Speaker 6: Dive bar okay, and like I'm with like the owner of one of the night clubs, but he takes me to his friend's bar, I guess, and it was just like sticky flaws to the max, rainbow lights like Christmas lights on the wall and that's all you get, like a piss hole in.
Speaker 4: The corner and then a bark.
Speaker 6: So I like, this place is packed packed, okay, and the DJ's killing it loud music and there's drink spilling everywhere. I've got my off whites on, Like I don't feel good. So I get to the bar on the other side and my friend's actually with me heart Rubs in town, and me and heart Rob are just looking around, like, oh my god, what.
Speaker 4: The hell's going on? These two girls kind of back up. So this girl she.
Speaker 6: Orders some tequila shots and the other one says like, oh, you took my tequila shots, and something happened where the girl doesn't even drink, but the girl insisted that she took a tequila shot and she she then proceeded to get into this section that I was in. Okay, next thing, you know, this one girl puts down the tequila shot and punches this one girl on the face. What the other one literally punched back within zero point three second right, and they were both face heads and like all I see is literally blood splatter.
Speaker 4: And I turn around and I run to like the.
Speaker 6: Kegs where they keep the kegs behind the bar, like I was just trying to hide. And next thing, you know, I'm just here.
Speaker 4: Bitch, fun cute, bitch, fuck you bitch, and it just it was just awful.
Speaker 6: So you know, obviously I want to leave the venue after a fight breaks out. You know, it's just not my place anymore. I get to the alley and who do I see in the alley with a bloody lip. Okay, the girl, the girl in the fight, and she's bouncing on the wall looking at me saying.
Speaker 4: James, I promise you I'm not a fighter. James, I promise you, I'm not a fighter. And I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 6: And we need to get James in the escalade. We got to get into the show. So the escalade doors swing open, I jump in and then as she said, she just told me she wasn't a fighter.
Speaker 4: The girls are back at it.
Speaker 6: I don't know how security haven't done anything. Plus both their husbands are just watching this go down. Okay, yes, yes, yes, both their husbands.
Speaker 4: One of them's a doctor. I had dinner with him.
Speaker 6: He was at dinner, at the dinner and then actually this one girl, this one girl, I think she was on pills or something.
Speaker 4: She comes up to me and she's like, your name's Mike.
Speaker 6: God, your name's Michael, And I was like, what you know, I'm James Kennedy on Niphont. We just had it all, don't with me? So anyway, this is before it's the bloody lip situation. So I'm halfway sweating my balls off in the next club. Halfway through my set just going, you know, the techno's bumping and I turn around.
Speaker 4: Who do I see? I see bloody lip in the strobe lights.
Speaker 2: Just oh my god. It's like it's like a horror music video.
Speaker 6: He's just smiling and waving at me with a bloody lip. I'm like, babe, you got it. I got it, James. It was God, It's crazy. And she stayed till the end. She stayed till the end. The husband had gone home, she was still there.
Speaker 4: Afy. All right, that's number one.
Speaker 2: That was number one, James Kennedy. That's the greatest story. That is the greatest story I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Number two the clean up one. Yeah, no, it's so great.
Speaker 4: This kid, I'll keep this short. I'll keep this short.
Speaker 2: No, no, give us, give us the details, Shames. It's still good.
Speaker 6: The clean up, Okay, was actually during I was still drinking at this time.
Speaker 4: This was a while ago.
Speaker 6: And I just remember the shots were going off like it was tequila whiskey.
Speaker 4: Okay, all of it.
Speaker 6: And the table, the VIP tables were behind the DJ base. You can buy the table behind James Kennedy set, you know what I mean, for extra money, so they you know, they feel extra let's do.
Speaker 2: That one night.
Speaker 1: We're doing that.
Speaker 4: I think they're extra bougie. This girl turned I turned around and this girl basically projectile dukes.
Speaker 6: Okay, And she looked at me and then looked at her friend and then just stared off into the distance. And it was just like dead. I like, she's not going to make it to the bathroom. She's got nowhere to go and there's no trash cans like it was just face.
Speaker 4: It was hand over the mouth and then explosion of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And next thing you know, she gets onto all fours and starts trying to clean it up with her hands.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: I'm not even I need the video.
Speaker 4: I need the video copying.
Speaker 6: Like palms and literally I had to get hooked up and carried out of the entire established that is like fucking honestly stank like I was trying not to step in it, and like they had they had to clean it up and everything.
Speaker 1: It was like, see DJ is not all glam dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got paid like two K that night. What I picked my own flights? No?
Speaker 1: What what flight did you pay for?
Speaker 4: Which? What about flights ranged from?
Speaker 2: Like no?
Speaker 1: But was it like United.
Speaker 4: It's always been shitty.
Speaker 6: Like getimes, I get like it, Like I just did watch What Happens Live, and you know, I'm business slash Delta one.
Speaker 4: You know it's you. Oh yeah, what.
Speaker 3: James, that's forty two hundred round trip. That's ball out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'd rather just do that once and then, you know, really just do the rest. Right. I'm just I put my mask on, so I'm not really not seeing much. You know. It's like I get on the plane. I'm a group seven.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm normally in the middle, and I'm just in a pot and I just completely, you know, teleport to wherever I need to get.
Speaker 4: I woke up in Hawaii? What's up?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? You to make a song called Woke Up in Hawaii?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, do number three? Tell us number three?
Speaker 4: Oh before I forget? Oh all right?
Speaker 6: My friend Rob Heart Rob Okay, Okay, we're performing at the Borgata Casino for New Year's Eve this year, twenty twenty years Eve. I've got the countdown. It's a sold out club, huge disco ball The place looks like Omnia. It's the Sane, It's premier nightclub.
Speaker 4: That's what it is. Okay, So there's ten seconds going down on the thing. I've been blowing this co two gun all night, but there's a big fat.
Speaker 6: Wire coming from the co two gun. Okay, And I nearly tripped on this thing like three times.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: At the countdown, I literally stand up onto the Now, this story isn't going to sound as crazy or as funny as the other ones, but it was just the most intense. I stood up onto the top of the whole DJ booth overlooking the entire club.
Speaker 4: And the wire was wrapped around my entire ankle.
Speaker 6: Okay, So like if I do one jump or anything, I'm going headfirst into the crowd. And I did. I did do that, but last second and it was caught on video. Hot Rob grabs the wire and perfectly ringed it round my foot as I jumped up as the New Year's went in.
Speaker 4: It went like it went.
Speaker 6: It was a manner of milliseconds. And did it look yeah, you just see him look down his face, your expression and then grab the wire and perfectly ringed it around my foot and say wow. And then he showed me the video later and it was like we did it in slow mo, like whoa hey, whoa hey, whoa wait, can.
Speaker 1: You send me that video? I gotta see this.
Speaker 6: I'll send it to you. It'll be like an exclusive on my Instagram. You got to follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You want to see the video. Follow James on the ground, Babe, it's James.
Speaker 4: You know what I wanted to do?
Speaker 6: Make a young thug no, like a thug life video to it, like when the glasses come down, It's like, yes, video cut the snoop.
Speaker 1: Wait what were you going to say?
Speaker 2: Thanks for including me, thanks for giving me a chance?
Speaker 3: So no, no, thanks, babe, I appreciate it showing up.
Speaker 2: I'm only directing. I'm only directing a movie tomorrow for my first time. Real quick question.
Speaker 4: Yes, James congratulates, and I asked babe.
Speaker 3: We asked James two because we have one of my best friends. His name is DJ Sinatra and he DJ's all over the world.
Speaker 2: He's DJing our wedding. Do you think.
Speaker 3: James would jump in for a half hour special set for us at the reception?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Why don't we ask him?
Speaker 4: James? I would be on it.
Speaker 1: You would do that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: James hits yes, yes, I'm like he looks are you serious? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dude, are you down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm on it. I'm going to tear up. I'm going to tear up.
Speaker 1: I love you, brother.
Speaker 2: We both all right, So it's happening.
Speaker 3: It's set, James, you're doing You're doing it set for us in the middle of the reception and you let us know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he is over here, all in his feelings about this.
Speaker 4: He's high high alright, so so so much. I'm on it. That's gonna be lit, that'll be lit. Yeah, what a night, What a night. I'm nervous now, Oh my god, I'm gonna get this over now. It'll be nervous, I can. But that's preparation.
Speaker 1: That's preparation.
Speaker 4: I got this.
Speaker 2: You got this, James, You run your set. We're going to just Oh.
Speaker 1: He's already getting his songs ready. Rand so good, dude, Jamison. Thank you so much for coming on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Wow so much, James, James.
Speaker 2: Let's just agree with Randola.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we agree, baby? Can we agree that this is part one and that when I get home.
Speaker 3: We get James back on for part two because it was just too much too.
Speaker 1: Of course, Jamison is too great of a guest.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, guys, James, thanks for fucking coming on.
Speaker 6: Thanks Randal, your pleasure, have fun in Puerto Rican. Good luck with the movie tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We love you, Randy.
Speaker 4: Day one, they want to shoot him.
Speaker 3: Thank you jameson day one, Thank you, buddy, give them Lala. Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm just calling to say that I absolutely love Lala and Randall.
Speaker 5: Your podcast is amazing and you guys are just getting started, but so far it's so fun to listen to. I love your interviews and getting to know you guys as.
Speaker 2: A couple, and just wanted to say I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 5: Keep it up, Love you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks to everyone who's already left us so many great messages. Keep them coming because we love hearing from all of you guys. Call us anytime at eight.
Speaker 2: Sixty six lallapode. That's eight six six Lalla Pod. Thanks so much for listening. Everyone,