Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg.
Speaker 3: Data Carol Masser, Tim Stanevik, Livit Schwap Impact twenty twenty five. In the meantime, he wanted to take a look at some stocks on the move, and back at the Bloomberg Get Director Broker Studio at Bloomberg Headquarters in New York City is our own Carmen Ryanickey. She is Bloomberg News Equities reporter and deputy team leader, and she is watching some of the stocks on the move, a lot of it, you know, in the aftermarket. So what do you got first, Carmen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're seeing a lot of movement after a bunch of earnings reports today. So the first one I'm looking at is snap ticker. Snap shares are up twenty five percent right now after hours. The company reported earnings but also announced a four hundred million dollar partnership with Perplexity AI. So I think this is really what the stock is moving on, you know, getting a little bit of the AI enthusiasm. Basically, Snapchat is going to use Perplexity's AI search engine, and it gives it a new business line and puts social messaging more in the mix around AI chat pots. So this will be really interesting to keep watching how this develops with Snap.
Speaker 1: This is a wild move higher, I mean shares. We're up the after hours as much as twenty five percent earlier, now up what twenty three point seven percent, all because of a partnership with Perplexity.
Speaker 3: That's kind of fascinating to see that move in pretty big reaction.
Speaker 1: What do you got first?
Speaker 3: What's number two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the next one is really moving in the opposite direction. Duo Lingo tick our duol down more than twenty percent right now. So the company reported fourth quarter earnings as well, but bookings trailed estimates. They're seeing a range of about thirty million to three hundred and thirty five million. Analysts were estimating three hundred and four alre four million. So this is interesting as well because the revenue for the quarter was really in line with expectations, and they boosted the guidance for the year because users are paying more to chat with AI bots on dual Lingo. So interesting. We're just seeing the other side here of an AI play from deal LINGO. The next time I'm looking at is door Dash. So ticker dash shares also down here. They're down about nineteen percent right now. And you know, we talk a lot about AI and the other thing I think we talked about is Capex. So Dash shares looking like they're down right now. After the company said it's going to invest several hundred million dollars more into new products next year twenty twenty six, and it did this year. This actually will also include AI tools to improve developer productivity, and the spending forecast overshadowed this pretty strong results actually from door Dash. They saw a gross order value grow ahead of the estimate, and that was one of the strongest gains in that metric since to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: So we have snap hire Fueling go lower, door Dash lower. Can we just say door Dash getting killed after all? Yeah? So a DUELINGO. Wow? Okay, what about Qualcom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So Qualcom is actually also down in after hours tick her q coom down about three point eight percent right now. So the company also had really solid earnings, but is really being overshadowed by a tax change that resulted in a five point seven billion dollar right down in the quarter, contributing to a three about a three billion dollar loss. The other thing is that shares of Qualcom were up really sharply into the report. They'd sort of rallied rallied in the last few weeks, so that might have also sort of boosted expectations. We sort of raised the bar going into the report. Otherwise, though, other than this write down, the quarter looked pretty good. They said sales will be roughly twelve billion in the fiscal first quarter running through December. Profit was higher than analysts expected, and the outlook really suggests that demand is strong, especially in the android phone market, which is much of Qualcomm's revenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it's just about expectations, right and managing them.
Speaker 1: That's like the job, right of that is it?
Speaker 2: Really the stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.