Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you really missed podcast. It is Christmas everybody in Glee world. Ho ho ho, although they've been planting Christmas album seeds in the last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been tiptoeing through the holidays. So this was season four, episode ten Glee. Actually the air date was December thirteenth, two thy twelve, Wow, twenty twelve the Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's right. So the number one song was Diamonds. Kevin's prediction was right. We are still number one and the number one is Skyfall.
Speaker 2: Jenna, have you done your homework?
Speaker 1: You know? I played it and I shall sleep. Wait did you actually start it? I started it. Steven actually put it on for me, and I fell asleep.
Speaker 2: How many minutes?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: I'm three?
Speaker 2: The credits fell asleep to Adele's sweet voice.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, of like the Shadow, and I know I turned it on and I fell asleep. So I tried.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna come over like one morning, start the day with Skyfall.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. I could do a daytime movie. I love daytime movies. Okay, great, what else is happening? What else is so some Glee news. On December eleventh, Glee The Music the Christmas Album, Volume three was released. The album featured ten festive tracks. Oh I said ten, didn't I? Jenna, I didn't hear it. You called yourself out.
Speaker 2: I did ten festive tracks, you know. I swap them though. Things that need to have eat in I say with an i in and things that are actually spelled an ion, I say with an E.
Speaker 1: Very interesting.
Speaker 2: Six of the tracks were featured in this episode. This album was available for a digital download and CD did I do it? And you're giggling?
Speaker 1: And I like this album cover and in the back I like the colors. It's very esthetically pleasing to me.
Speaker 2: It's most pleasing, much better than like the bright red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we're also giving like a little bit of like iconic vibes as well, So I'm into it. This episode was directed by Aunt Adam Shankman or dear friend, and it was written by on paper our dear friend, Matt Hodson.
Speaker 2: Look at that. So I was texting Adam about this episode yesterday. He was like, hmmm, He's like, I remember it was that. It was a crazy episode and that it was a little sad and there was a rose on a wheelchair. So, yes, exactly right, that is correct. He had a dream sequence. It's like that's He's like, were there sewing machines. I'm like, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: A good job, Adam, he's.
Speaker 2: A number in the library, is like, yes, yes, all those things are true.
Speaker 1: Likely actually like these different vignettes of different stories happening, Like I see what they were doing. But I also was like felt very spread thin in terms of storylines.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to spend a lot of time like one on one with Adam this episode, and I remember going into it him being like, Okay, there's three very disconnected storylines, yes, trying his hardest to like make them all work together, find some sort of cohesion. Yeah, And so I think that was the challenge of this episode for him. Yeah, not to speak for him, but that's those are the conversations.
Speaker 1: I no, that's because that's his job. You know. You're like creating the through line, right, the transitions, the ends, and the outs, and these were very difficult to do. There's a lot of music music, some music. There's Felis Namidad Sounds sung by Kevin.
Speaker 2: There's White Christmas sung by Kurtain Blaine.
Speaker 1: Ohonkah by Chack and Puk. My favorite number of episode.
Speaker 2: How dare You Syo? Bell Rock by Sam and the Cheerios.
Speaker 1: First Noel by Marley and have Yourself a Little Christmas by the new directions in Curtain Puck.
Speaker 2: Fun Facts Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes. This is the first and only Christmas episode with the word Christmas in the title, the others being A Very Glee Christmas, Extraordinary, Merry Christmas, and the previously Unaired Christmas.
Speaker 2: This is the fifth episode containing a word play with the word Glee in the title, the others being Rocky, Horror, Glee Show, A Very Glee Christmas, Saturday Night Gleever, and most recently Glease.
Speaker 1: And Terry appears for the first time since season two's episode Funeral.
Speaker 2: I felt very lucky for that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yes, Yes.
Speaker 2: Rory appears for the first time, also very lucky since season three's episode Goodbye. This is also his last appearance in this series. Oh but I love that he was a Christmas ghost. Yes, he was excellent at it, so good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is the first episode this season in which Rachel appears but doesn't sing.
Speaker 2: This is also the first and only Christmas episode where Rachel doesn't sing.
Speaker 1: Stands proposal to Brittany marks the second time Sam proposed to somebody. There's a lot of proposals in this show for high school, but that's just my opinion. The first time was too Quinn in firt.
Speaker 2: Look, it was a small town. You know, people get married popping out babies early. I guess, so that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This was the first time Melissa filmed with Leah and Chris, and the behind the scenes feature for the episode, she said it was really cool having there was quote kind of a trip.
Speaker 1: White Christmas, took hours to film. They ended up filming through the night with christ and Darren still Ice skating at three am. Well, I'd have to say they probably also like rented out the rink later once they closed or something, and so that feels like that was expected correct.
Speaker 2: Some of the real crew members can be seen during the performance of Hankah o'honnakah, like Ian Brennan, Megan Doyle, and Zach Woodley so good.
Speaker 1: That's partially why I said it's my favorite song was because like it was ridiculous, but it felt very meta.
Speaker 2: You also got to see some of the real Paramount Studios staff that we interacted with every single day. Yeah, and you got to see like the commissary, the.
Speaker 1: Aaron from the commentsary. Yes, it was crazy. Yeah, it was very meta. This is Ian's second appearance on the show, the first being spend googled in All My Way.
Speaker 2: Linn, Puck and Jake are at Paramount. There was a shot of stage fourteen and that is one of the stages like les filmed on. That's correct, one of our like five or six stages.
Speaker 1: I was just at Paramount Pictures the studio filming a late night comedy show called After Midnight.
Speaker 2: Such a good show.
Speaker 1: It's a really great show. Taylor Toemless, it is great. I had such a blast, but it was it was a blast from the past. Like they had a golf cart pick me up. I parked where we used to park for base camp. Yeah, and the golf car pick me up and like literally took me down the sky, literally to where we usually get golf carted to stage fourteen and it has the plaque and it says Glee was shot here, and then there were a couple of things after it. Of course and then they took me through New York Street and all the way through past the commissary, and I was like, I just did this golf car ride that I saw in Hanaga.
Speaker 2: I come right yep.
Speaker 1: Fully, it was crazy, it was really crazy, but it was fun to be there.
Speaker 2: Jealous, I want to go back there. I've had friends send me pictures of the plaque. Yeah, anytime they've had to go on the stage.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since I've been back there.
Speaker 2: So the episode's summary is not is not the official Fox summary, So it's a little length here. Yeah, pang Amash the holiday film Love actually seemingly separate storylines come together to form one. Mary Glee episode already has It's a wonderful life inspired dream that changes his outlook on life. Kurt has a Christmas that he will never forget. Jake and Puck spend quality time together for Hanukkah. Meanwhile, as the end of twenty twelve draws near, Sam and Brittany lived their lives to the fullest, and Sue has a change of heart. A lot happened.
Speaker 1: A lot happened, Yes, a short amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, let's just go chronologically. This is how it happened. Okay already falls out of his chair, has a gigantic wound on his face. It's a big one, and is crying fake tears. By the way, I had them use the menthol thing in my eyes.
Speaker 1: Well, how does that work?
Speaker 2: So if you ever need to cry, I wasn't sure of the level of upset. I just need to be like angry. They have these like little sticks of the they almost look like chapstick sticks, and if you blow on the other side of them, it shoots out sort of like this menthal the air, which then makes you tear up. And you saw how red my eyes were. Yeah, and give so right before I had Kelly Mitchell and like, go for it. Do it? Do it to me so I could show up. Oh it works. I think that was the only time I ever used it.
Speaker 1: Like if it's not like an emotional scene where you're like and you're like you just have to be crying because of like something that happened twenty minutes ago, and like use the month all.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I didn't feel guilty about it this time because it was you know whatever. And also I'm not like Chris can cry, Leah can cry. You can cry very quickly. I'm not as quick. And there was something about this episode where we had so much to do that it felt like we shot everything very quickly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I was just like, let me not be the reason.
Speaker 1: No. It's also just like a little bit of a detached storyline, like I would have used the month all probably for something like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was nice having a scene like Corey and I didn't have yea every now and then. We just have these like really sweet moments together, Like I like Artie and Finn's relationship, and so it was just a really nice thing to get to have with him where Artie didn't get to be upset that often like that.
Speaker 1: And what did you think about this storyline?
Speaker 2: I liked that they were showing sort of the difficulties of like something nobody thinks about, right of like, yeah, this accident happened, and it probably feels really humiliating, right and it's like what am I supposed to do? Because time and time again, it's like there weren't ramps originally at the school. We have to raise money so already can join us for the competitions, where like always feeling like you're the person who is the drag on the situation or like people have to go above and beyond and then all because you're an afterthought, right.
Speaker 1: No, I like the storyline for you, and I liked I also like that you got to get up, because that's how I know you.
Speaker 2: I also think I took to heart a little bit and I could have been reading into something that was not real. Who knows, but I think after having so many episodes about real things that had happened to everyone, that there is that moment in this episode where the ghost of Christmas Past Damian McGuinty is saying that Artie is the glue, like steady and just like nice, and I was like, that felt like a nice shout out to Kevin. Yeah to me. And I don't think I was the glue by any means, but it was sort of like a.
Speaker 1: You're always a solid force in the club.
Speaker 2: I'm steady, you know, easily thrown down the boat down to clown like whatever, And so I did feel I remember talking to Brad at some point about it foul Chuck and him being like, yeah, you are the glue. He's like, that's not true, but.
Speaker 1: You get along with everybody though, everybody likes you like it's a it was just nice, it is.
Speaker 2: It was a nice, unexpected like little thing. And I was like, okay, they're not making fun of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's nice, yeah for sure. And and there's some funny like when you wake up from your nap and the wonderful life black and white and like the alternative alternate world is very funny. It's ridiculous, and Rory being Guardian Angel just makes it even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the little things that happened Uglee Club, Becky being pregnant, Yeah, you got to do your stutter again.
Speaker 1: Weird, so weird.
Speaker 2: I mean, will Drunk.
Speaker 4: Is quite funny. And then Terry Baby Bless Like they were so much fun because also they were shot very quickly in terms of like the running around the school. Yeah, it's really fun to do something like that because it's just go, go go, what is happening everybody, especially because the dream sequence everybody is on one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mistakes are very like everything's very heightened totally. It's already a show that has very heightened to stakes. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I also remember, like I do remember this episode being chaotic, like shooting wise, I remember being always rushed during this episode. Yes, And I feel like for somebody who doesn't get a storyline every episode and then your storyline is rushed, it frustrated me sometimes when that happened, because you're like, hmm, I don't get to do this every day, you know what I mean, right, and it's it's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I just felt like also because I didn't, you know, get a storyline that often that I just wanted to make I know, there's a lot to do. We're covering a lot of locations. That just takes up time, right, and so I just wanted to make sure like I was on it and I was doing it. And it also takes participation from the other people in the scenes, So like you're going in there and like Matt and Jesselyn are being crazy and hilarious, but like you know, they're going to be on their A game totally, and so you're going into the library and you have all those people and it's like you just need to make sure everybody is, you know, like on the same page and yeah, yeah, you getting through it because it's a lot for Adam and the ca route to move that often between these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't always do that on the show, like that fast.
Speaker 2: No, the Quinn dying thing that was Shankman was like, I do remember it being sad and there was a rose in the wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was not coming back with them.
Speaker 2: No, we couldn't get her. So already, then gathers everyone because he doesn't like how I mean Kurt's being bullied and I already got bullied next to Kurt, like things are just out of whack, way out of whack, and so Artie's like, I'm going to get everyone together. I'm going to fix this, and then you have this crazy musical number.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you do police, not me, DoD. I remember this being crazy too, because I remember being like, what are we doing here? Why are we sitting behind sewing machines? What is Kevin doing standing? And where are we right now?
Speaker 2: It's interesting you say that because what I remember from filming it is how uncomfortable I was because everyone.
Speaker 1: Anybody knew what we were doing there.
Speaker 2: And now that you say that, it makes a lot of sense because obviously in the scene people don't really know what's going on, so it works, right, But also imagine performing to a room full of people who are like, what is this or it doesn't necessarily feel like it's the scene they're acting. It's more like what is actually going on. So it feels very weird to be on the receiving end.
Speaker 1: Of I can't imagine. And then also like mind you, like these people were not together all the time anymore, like Harry was there, Rachel, and like Leah was there with us, not in New York like her, Like it was the oldly club with all the new people, right, and so we don't we don't we haven't on that yeah, like really really So.
Speaker 2: It's like Rachel and kurterback and then party standing like wait what, yes, exactly what has happened?
Speaker 1: And they like this isn't black and white? You're like, what do you mean? And then I remember you learning this like on the fly in the room, Like I don't think you worked with Zach on this number prior to it.
Speaker 2: Like I think very quick, very quick rehearsal, like maybe the day before, a couple of days, Like I think there was a little something okay, but I hadn't been in the room or in the space like you saw me working it out, yeah in real time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, well it worked out really great. And I remember I saw the bts of this that Caylin did with Chris and he's like, only Kevin could pull something like this off. And I was like, yes, that's totally right, Like they picked the right person for this, they picked the right like actor do this because you're the only one who was like the glue down to do stuff down to clown and also make it work. And you're like, this is really cute. And I remember being confused while I was there, but really enjoying watching it this time around.
Speaker 2: I was scared because I remember my feelings of it are from how it felt to shoot it. I don't so in my head, I imagine it also was a little awkward, you know, watching it, But watching it back, I was actually very relieved. I was like, I think this sort of works. I think I buy it. Yeah, you know me, I'm the first one to be like, oh did not nail that?
Speaker 1: See yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I see what you were trying to do there. I see what already was trying to do there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's sort of I was like, I can see that. I'm just not paying attention to any of you, Like I'm just like you're on Cameravich. Just go to America.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, don't worry about these other fuckers. I already know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: There's also like one moment I think where I'm performing to Leah and I think I'm like, I'm just going to fuck with people, yeah, because they all look so confused, so I'm just going to be like, yes, exactly, let me get you involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you did.
Speaker 2: And it was also thing like I don't speak Spanish, like you're gonna have me sing in Spanish?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean it was hardly any Spanish, but you know what I mean, Like all.
Speaker 1: Songs sometimes, how I felt like it was like Gongham style, like we have a running theme here. I don't speak Korean and I should I don't.
Speaker 2: It's very you had to do a full song. I will not say this was my Gungham style, because you really had to.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I'm just I'm I'm writing out the parallels here, Okay.
Speaker 2: It was one of those things like oh, yes, I get a storyline, like wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly exactly, like oh this is the one, this is the one, okay, yeah, here we go make it work.
Speaker 2: It's also funny and like a personal little parallel that I liked was when I was in the boy band back in the day. Our first music video was inspired by It's a wonderful life opening up and all that stuff, and so that's right. This is cute.
Speaker 1: This is cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little circular moment, but already wakes up and it's like, you know what, things, things aren't so bad. Yeah, I like it. Like this, everyone's friends, this is our family, and I know, feel more important. You know, maybe I was complaining behind the scenes. Maybe that's how I don't know how I got this, But.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you were complaining behind the scenes. I think they wanted to integrate a Christmas somewhat Christmas theme, right it, and it worked out for you. It worked up party to be that person.
Speaker 2: Do you like love? Actually?
Speaker 1: I love love? Actually? Yeah, I don't think this has anything to do with love.
Speaker 2: Actually, though it doesn't. They tried, like we didn't even do.
Speaker 1: The postcards, you know, like the the posterboard. We should have done that. Somebody should have done that. Blaine should have done that for Kurt. I don't know. It's okay, though I get it. It's the vignettes. It's fine. It all worked. It was a cute episode overall, though, like for Christmas episode, I did enjoy it. I just felt a little stretched then because there was just so much going on. Kurt is saving up for Niata because obviously got in, so he's staying in New York for Christmas, and then Rachel leaves and Bert surprises him, so he's here with bad news for Christmas. But it's okay. So Bird has prostate cancer and he says they caught it early, so he's in good spirits. But like, Merry Christmas, I have cancer. Burt really gets it, you know, with his heart and his you know, with this now is diagnosis is like so sad, but he does surprise him also with Blaine coming to you New York and they actually got to go to New York and they actually got to ice skate in Bryant Park and they sing the adorable song White Christmas in the BTS. Also for this, Darren like brings his camera what were those cameras they used to give us they call the cameras or whatever, Yeah, and like brought it with him and like kind of documented behind the scenes of it all. But I remember them like creating like was it a platform to shoot on the ice with Andrew Mitchell? Or did Andrew Mitchell just get on ice skates because I would That wouldn't surprise me either.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way he done on ice. Fifty five pound.
Speaker 2: Camera, Yeah, that's it seems like a very big safety hazard.
Speaker 1: Chris. Also, the last time we rollerskated was at the roller rank in season and he twisted his ankle or wrist, wrist, here's wrist, and so I was concerned, but I'm glad that he made it unscathed.
Speaker 2: I was like, also, luckily it's those two, because if they asked me to be on the ice, I really, you'd have nothing to shoot. I would just be hugging the wall. I'm terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh I love ice skating.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so bad at it. I never I want to go ice skating with you. But you're graceful.
Speaker 1: I learned how to skate very early in my life, and so like I, I don't know that I call myself graceful now at this point, but I feel like I would pick it up quick quick again. I won my third grade competition what ice skating? It wasn't anything intrickate. It was like, can you skate backwards? Can you skate in like a circle and stuff like that?
Speaker 2: But I can't do any of those things.
Speaker 1: I love ice skating, I was.
Speaker 2: I was very jealous. I saw that. I was like, are they actually there during this time of year? And you saw like the Rockets had their sign up and everything.
Speaker 1: I was really jealous of them being there at that time. It was really so allous at the Millionaire.
Speaker 2: We were always like, how do we get a free trip to New York out of this?
Speaker 1: And I remember like somebody texting us during it, neither Shankman or Zack of them, like at shooting because I think we were also shooting at the same time. I don't know what we were shooting though, was there.
Speaker 2: It must have been the next episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, possibly.
Speaker 2: When Blaine pops up as his surprise and it's like you are happy to see me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It was something about the storyline is breaking my heart mm hmmm, because I don't Kurt, you know, isn't super stoked about it. It feels like that, right, right sort of?
Speaker 1: But then like Blaine's talking about coming to Sniata and like he is excited about it, like I thought he was genuinely excited about it.
Speaker 2: I did too. I think, you know, he just got some news that his dad has cancer, right.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised by somebody that he's like, they're still kind of in this like in between.
Speaker 2: As as I see them together.
Speaker 1: Though totally this storyline with Puck and Jake though, I mean, so Puck is in town. He's writing a screenplay because he's a screenwriter now, I guess, and so he invites Jake to stay with him in La. Come to find that it's actually the pool he cleans, and they get they're like squatting for a weekend or whatever. But Puck is actually just lonely and like. But but all to say, they do hanak ohannaga because they're Jewish, right, and they do Hannakhnaga. They take him, he takes them on the paralount lot. And the reason they do hannakahonnica is because they have to show them their chops and get somebody to notice them. I'm not sure that this made any sense to me at all, but I loved it, Like, let's just pick out of a hat how they're going to sing a song.
Speaker 2: You know, if if you don't live in La, this is what people do all the time. You know, people are just in the streets.
Speaker 1: Singing or on a TV lot singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's not true.
Speaker 1: Don't But they're on the golf cart, which Megan Doyle is driving. I was like, is that Megan. And then they go through the commissary where you see Aaron outside like yelling at them employee, like yelling and waving. He's actually the employee who worked at the commissary and he was always so nice to us and you always remembered like all of our names, like our first names, and he was and it's just it felt so meta. I was like, they couldn't have done a different lot, but of course, budgeting wise, they're gonna put us on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also nice to have that, Like I'm glad that you got to like sneak in behind like the curtain, a little see behind the curtain, a little bit you know, of like this is our this is where we.
Speaker 1: Said funny And then like the shots in New York Street where they're doing that movie The Gangster Movie, you see them at Video Village, which is the director and the script of supervision everybody and it's Ian. Yeah, just yelling, and you see the side of our real stage. But then they go to have dinner with their moms. We meet Puck's mom for the first time, and we meet Jake's mom the first time.
Speaker 2: I would just like to point out the logistics of what happened here, because there's all this talk about how you know it's expensive to travel between like Ohio New York. These guys just went to LA real quick and back after getting kicked out right, and Jake's like, I'm a sophomore, I can't move to LA. But like they yeah, the sophomore runs away for a little bit on motorcycle. This time this timeline is wild, crazy, but they get they get their parents together, their moms together.
Speaker 1: Like don't doesn't go well, it doesn't go well, No, it doesn't go out first, but then they like they start to bond over their father.
Speaker 2: I can't sit across the table from Ayesha Tyler and just not fall in love.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, are you sure? By the way, we have to have on the show is has been a good friend of ours for many, many, many men years, and she was podcasting before anybody was podcasting. I just just say that I'll probably tell her if we get her on the show that I was on her podcast that she had fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: She's also like the kindest, Yes, like sweetest obviously, she's so funny, so funny.
Speaker 1: It's also been in everything.
Speaker 2: And I always expect someone like that. Maybe this is just like imposter syndrome, but something like that, who has met everybody, who was adored in loved by everybody, to like, you know, it's okay if she doesn't necessarily remember me sort of thing. But throughout the years, she is always the exact same person, always remembers you, always has time for you.
Speaker 1: Love having her on the show and that she.
Speaker 2: Has not changed and she's just the best. Cannot say enough nice things about her.
Speaker 1: We just saw at a Christmas party last year, and like it's like we never left her.
Speaker 2: No. I saw her outside the gym like a couple of months ago, and she's just like about to get run over in the street. I'm in my car and we're like talking and she's just like I'm like, yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I love her. Oh, it was weird to meet Puck's Nam after all this time. Very weird and just like just like that, like they just pop up ye wait and then see it uh and then see ya. So anyway, Puck is going to move back to Lima, right.
Speaker 2: Do you think they needed more of the OG's back on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to push that whole La thing for all this storyline, Like I think it was a far cry to begin with. So they're like, just get them back here, right, Yeah, I do. I do think that it's been nice to have them like Harry an Amber for Greece and then like you know, Naya the last episode, so like it's just it's nice to have them back, and I think they're realizing that.
Speaker 2: So it is weird to not have I didn't remember that people just left after season three like this.
Speaker 1: I know I forgot too, but I feel like a lot of people do start coming back a lot. Diana, I like, this feels very weird.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: I do. I do remember though, you and I being like like we're lucky to have been juniors last year.
Speaker 1: Totally. At first, I was like what the hell, and now I was like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because nobody knew how it was going to work at the time. I don't even think the writers did and it's sort of like, as you're figuring it out, you see how much involvement people have, and yes, of a child god.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then so this other storyline is Brittany and Sam with the Mayan Calendar or the Mayan Apocalypse and the my encolendar, and it's so ridiculous. So I forgot they were dating. Thought they were dating. So they think they have only a few days left to live, and so they decide they're going to tell everybody that what they really think of people, which I thought was really funny.
Speaker 2: I love watching them, yes, because their emotions are just always right there for you to see. Yes, yes, yes, and beast participating in this with the wedding and the locker room, mind you, the boys locker room.
Speaker 1: I was like, this has to be in on this, like she has to know, right because I was like, wait a second, when they wake up in the bedroom and now I can we stived it and now we're married.
Speaker 2: I also was it did Brittany like wake up, I'm like sleeping on the floor or something like that. It's like so there was no like funny business. It was just purely transactional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, the world didn't end. But they also didn't really get married. He's new, but they they tell us the truth in that meeting in the library. And when I tell Tina that acting is irresponsible, m h, I was like, where they really talking to me?
Speaker 2: It's also like having it come from those two is just the funniest, the something about it, Like I they would also do that in real life. And also those are the two people you'd want to hear it from.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't take events to it at that point.
Speaker 2: No, you know, like if Heather and Chord were like, you shouldn't be acting anymore, like okay, fair understood, Okay.
Speaker 1: She'd probably do it with that tone too, like that in that whisper, you know, yeah, and I'd be like, okay.
Speaker 2: It always because like Heather and Chord can be brutally honest, but they have a way about them where they can't just say conversation, m it's a charm. There was all that crazy stuff going on though, like that movie twenty twelve came out. People were losing it. Were they Oh my god? Yes, people were out of their minds. That's what I love when like Glee gets a little like referential, socially referential, like this fair enough.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that actually that people were getting crazy about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. So there's an observatory here called the Grip of the Servatory, and inside it they have a planetarium. And during that time, for like the next year, they had a whole show based off of this of why people think the world is going to end? They dispel it and then give you a whole, like incredible history of like the Mayans and it's and there's the stars and it's. It was very incredible. I saw it so many times.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, leaving under our rock. Okay, but we lived through it, you know, we made it. We did.
Speaker 1: At least we didn't get married. I mean, I guess I did.
Speaker 2: The only saving grace here is that they didn't end up really getting.
Speaker 1: Married, right, Yeah, that's ry Beast was in on it. So that was one of my favorite storylines of the episode. Two was the mind calendar. As crazy as I.
Speaker 2: Loved all these storylines a lot, it kind of.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of the Christ mouse that comes at some point when Sam gets the mouse. Yeah yeah, okay, So the last storyline that's happening in this episode is Marley and her mom, Millie Rose, and so Sue in secret Santa Faculty gets Millie, She's like, who the heck is Millie Ros? And she puts two and two together because Beast tells her her daughter's in glee club. M Uh, they don't have a Christmas tree, Marley and Millie, they don't have a lot because obviously, you know, they're spending money on Marley's therapist for her disorders. And so Sue overhears it and she softens, kind of like the Grench again.
Speaker 2: I guess she's come a long way from the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The scene though, where she's sang like the decadency of like how she doesn't need all this and like for Christmas was pretty funny. What does she say? Did I really need to cut down a seven thousand year old Bristol cone pine to hang on it? Becky, I just made a call to a guy in the antiquity's business. He's got contacts in the luxury toothpick market. You and I are going to sell in this tree, and we're gonna get the proceeds to a very important cause. And she killed the tree, but you know she's given it back.
Speaker 2: And also she does break into their house. But I guess she's giving them something, so maybe it's fine. Yeah, it was really sweet.
Speaker 1: It was I liked the storyline, and I liked how she gave back to them and they gave them a Christmas. I do want to point out that, like Marlee and I don't, I don't know, like I don't know their life, but Marlee and Millie's house is quite large and nice looking.
Speaker 2: I mean, it definitely looks.
Speaker 1: It's not like a small apartment that they're scraping.
Speaker 3: It was white.
Speaker 2: Sam's family living out of a motel.
Speaker 1: Right, this is a two story la looking home.
Speaker 2: Maybe they inherited it and it's paid off. Mm hmm. You know, mm hmm. That's all I got for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't anyway, I'm just pointing it out, just pointing it out. But the best of this storyline was that when Millie went to go say thank you to Sue, Yes, and she comes in and she's like, I want to thank you for what you did from Marley and me. And I was like, please let there be a Marley and Me joke. Please let there be a Marley Me joke. And there was, and Sue says, I have no idea. What you're talking about nothing to do with the making of that film. And I felt victorious in that moment.
Speaker 2: I was like, this show is so stupid.
Speaker 1: I love it. Oh so good, Like I hope they named her Marley for this ungeous.
Speaker 2: Just like naming John Graff's character Jesse for the one song.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter exactly, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: It hits.
Speaker 1: It works so well. It's a very sweet thing. And then you know, we all obviously all sing because we have to have a group musical number at the end for Sue. Do you remember this shooting this number, Kevin?
Speaker 2: I do. As soon as I saw the outfits, I was like, oh, yes, I remember this. We took a lot of photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you traded outfits. I think, what really fast, There's something that I feel like there was a memory of you wearing something that you shouldn't have been wearing. Maybe it's a I'm complaining.
Speaker 2: No, you might be right.
Speaker 1: We took we had a lot of downtime on the stage, and I do remember taking a lot of photos on this stage was very pretty. You were wearing Becca's boots. Yes, okay, I have a picture of you. Wait, what in Becca's boots.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Beca and I swapped those a lot.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I have another photo of you guys, but Beca's wearing your loafers in this.
Speaker 2: So gross. It's so gross.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting. But you guys are definitely traded outfits. But I thoroughly enjoyed the downtime on that one because we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I also love Sue just saying don't tell me they're gonna perform for me on this auditorium stage with fake snow, and like, yep, this is exactly what I predicted.
Speaker 1: I feel like we always have to have that. Of course we do the fake snow for Christmas a Christmas episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should we rate these numbers?
Speaker 1: Please not be DoD.
Speaker 2: You never want to bore people, And I just remember trying to work so hard to like be quick and efficient so I wouldn't bore you guys.
Speaker 1: I always felt that way too. I'm like everybody. Maybe it was this prostracting, like the feelings that we get from being.
Speaker 2: Bored, and I know I never would get bored. You're like, this is your job. I'm here to like show up and do the thing.
Speaker 1: But you felt like other people to get bored.
Speaker 2: But I think when you're not aware of like your resting face, so people might not have been bored. It just felt like.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, I had to shoot something the other day on my phone, some content for social media, and I had to reshoot it because I looked so unhappy and I actually wasn't I have like sad trout face, Like sad trout face where it's like constant, you know, like disdain on my face. And I was like, They're going to make me reshoot this because I look really unhappy.
Speaker 2: Right, You and Austin have a similar resting, snaky mug.
Speaker 1: People say like, are you okay? I'm like, I swear are we good all the time?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, so least not be done A sure a evenion A. I almost gave you an A plus just because of like it was hard.
Speaker 2: I was shocked. I did floor work. You did do I was sliding on my knees.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just utilize them, yes.
Speaker 2: Spending around on that desk. I was like, these are things I never thought I would have done.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: It was so good White Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was really sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it was really it was sweet hankah, ohhonkah. You are we writing the song or we're writing the music video.
Speaker 2: I think it's the music video.
Speaker 1: Okay'm moving in an any then I'm going.
Speaker 2: To give it a B plus.
Speaker 1: Okay, great jingle bell rock a we even talk about it, we didn't. Yeah, I mean anything he does first, Noel, I mean she sounds beautiful. Have yourself, merry little Christmas, B plus, B plus. Okay, it's kind of boring. Let's see some party takes. Okay, cringe moments when you tell Roy to speaks close so you can't understand him. I gasped.
Speaker 2: I didn't do a little bit. I giggled.
Speaker 1: But it's not right.
Speaker 2: The weight jokes enough. Yeah, they're just getting worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's done. We're done with I'm done with it. It's the baby, We're done. Best dance move.
Speaker 2: Your floor work, thank you very much. I appreciate it. Best song, hold on shout out to me doing impressions of everybody else's dance moves.
Speaker 1: Wendy City, Harry Yeah, breakdancing.
Speaker 2: It was all Zach Woodley and Brooke. Yeah, and we were all doing which was very fun for me to get to do.
Speaker 1: It was great. I love the Little Ode too. Everybody yeah, best song.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm hmmm. That's hard.
Speaker 1: It is a hard one.
Speaker 2: Because I sort of feel the same about all of them. I agree, I know what yours is.
Speaker 1: No, don't say yeah, no, I don't think so. If I'm reading favorite song of the episode.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, for least Nevi.
Speaker 1: Dad, Okay, great, let's go with Listnovidad if you feel the same about it. Kevin's wins performance by a prop.
Speaker 2: There's so many props. This is a shout out to.
Speaker 1: The prop department in this episode.
Speaker 2: The Beneton Sweater was doing a lot of heavy lifting this episode. You know, it was just it got mentioned several times, it.
Speaker 1: Did, and then she got it. The Beasts Mayan Altar sat up was also oh yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 2: Will go to the fake baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, best line, best line. I'm going with Marley and me.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think that's correct. I also think Honorable mentioned it. Sam and Brittany's vows. Yes, very very good.
Speaker 1: Just Sam and Brittany altogether.
Speaker 2: After I do Felice Navidad, Finn says that was so gay. I did enjoy that. It made me chuckle obviously, like that's not okay to say.
Speaker 1: But no it's not.
Speaker 2: Is it okay for me to say? That's okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so, performance MVP Kevin McHale.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it. I can't pick yes, you can. I'll just go with what you say, be honorable mention into Heather in court.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. So the TikTok should be found on TikTok this week, you guys, every week. There are so many options, and it's just very impressive. But this is the first time I've seen Glee used in a wedding speech like this, minus maybe the one I gave it. Jennis, Like, I don't know how often Glee gets what your speech is. But a dad is giving a wedding speech about his daughter and it is so good. And this is Emma Warbler two four two, and he says he's talking about things she likes, and he talks about if you hear a song, you can just ask his daughter was this and Glee and she can give you the season, the episode and possibly the episode name. And then he tests her and she does it, doesn't even catch it. She gave him the episode name to jump by Van Halen. She's like yes, season one episode ten, Mattress Wow, yeah, like roasting her at her wedding about Glee and I love it. So thank you Emma for being a real one, a real gleek. And thank you to Emma's dad for recognizing so good the dedication exactly. And her name is Emma Jenna yay.
Speaker 1: Emma Pilsbury, Emma Stanley. There's so much Glee.
Speaker 2: Love or season one episode twelve. Sorry if I got that wrong, look at me. I don't even know Glee.
Speaker 1: Actually, everybody, we do.
Speaker 2: Love a Christmas episode. How does this fall into like your ranking of the Glee Christmas episodes?
Speaker 1: It's pretty high on the list of the Christmas episodes. I really enjoyed it. I liked your storyline though none of them intersected, I liked each single storyline. Yes, and it felt like it didn't just fall into the Christmas episode, it fell into the storylines within the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, Sorry I found it. Yeah, that was a really good answer. But I would like the people to know that we just edited out like ninety seconds silence.
Speaker 1: I was stuck for a second. But you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I'm actually crying. Oh god, I needed that to thank you.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, I have no thoughts, no thoughts at all, just vibes usually my brain anyway, Okay, well, thanks for listening to me, actually with us and recapping.
Speaker 1: Steady Hawkins is coming and it is a doozy, so get ready.
Speaker 2: Oh and thank you to Adam Shankman for directing that episode because it was complicated. There was so much much to do and Adam is just like a bright light. And really also because he's a choreographer, yes, he fully did and always brought so much energy to every single scene.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we love some Adam Shankman. Love you for listening, and that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.