Speaker 1: Borrow with me here, you know, BT, it's so low shout O O C T calor what we see whole game? Read the baller something. Oh, you can't stand on their own, Sufi. I already know you can't with me because with the squad of me, they get at that. They called me.
Speaker 2: Hello, ball Alert Welcome to The Baller Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcast. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page at baller alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmits, you.
Speaker 3: Know BT with that oh man superstars snap.
Speaker 4: Champions here, I like that thing.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I can't remember the last time I watched the woman's national uh uh n C double A championship game. More and more locked in then you're a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: That was my first women's basketball game that I've ever watched. Yeah it was. It was a hell of a game, more so because I know you. Yeah, and I've known you since I corrected age sixteen. Yeah, you came to the radio station. Jermaine Duprix brought you to the radio station that I previously worked at.
Speaker 4: Right, Actually, that probably was when I was younger.
Speaker 2: Than so you were you was she younger than fifteen thirteen? So you were you were up at the radio station. You're definitely not this tall.
Speaker 4: No, no, you were on the.
Speaker 2: Now, which season were you on?
Speaker 4: I was on season three?
Speaker 2: So which what were the names that were on season three?
Speaker 4: It was me Nova, d Roscoe, Roscoe Tally.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know you played basketball, yeah, yeah, until until I saw was it aau or what was it? It was a It was like clips on your Instagram and I was like, oh wow, she hooped h and then you into l s U. Can we take it back to the rap game first?
Speaker 4: Let's take it back.
Speaker 2: Let's say, where are you from.
Speaker 4: I'm from Savannah, Georgia to Atlanta around like fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Fifth grade.
Speaker 4: I could, like, you know, start my rap career in my basketball now.
Speaker 2: Of course, your dad is a very well known rapper, one of the biggest rappers in the beginning ages of Southern rap, Camouflage RP, the Camouflage. You are his only kid. Yeah, okay, and you weren't born yet when he passed away, correct, And so how was it like for you?
Speaker 4: That's how it all started, like in the city, Like my mom didn't tell me my dad was. At first, I just like found out the people telling me, like you feel me like that he was a rapper, you know what I'm saying, legendary rappers, legendary rapper. See, I didn't know you know what I'm saying until like I'm walking around, I'm getting like a little special treatment. They're like, oh you flage daughter. I'm like, yeah, you know what I mean, And I want to go listen. And I did my research and I'm like, hey, he was hard though, like you know what I'm saying. He wasn't like regular and man, so I heard that, I was like, man, I'm finna wrap like it was just it was that the ending of his name camouflage flage, yeah in that. So I just heard that and I was inspired to Matt. I just got chill bumps, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: How old are you at this time when you're learning who your dad is?
Speaker 4: Seven six seven? And then one day me and my uncle was on the floor putting CDs and and the DVD thing and it played played the instrumental and I just started rapping over like the raps ain't made no sense, But I was like, I like this beat, and my uncle wrote me a song.
Speaker 2: It was over it. How did mom get involved? Because she hesitated at first.
Speaker 4: Or what She'll always was all in like, no, you're not rapping, you know what I'm saying. She was like, no, go read a book, go to school, act regular, you know what I'm saying. And I was like, no, I want to rap, like I'm a rapper, Like I gotta rap, you know what I mean. So I was like, I was like yeah, and I kind of me and my uncle we convinced her because he like wrote me a song and I wrapped it to her on the bed. I was sitting on the standing on the bed rapping.
Speaker 2: I was like, she laughing in the background. Just sounds pretty afric.
Speaker 4: I was rapping on the bed. She recorded it, man, I was like, man, this is my song. I went to the studio, made a little EP and I put it out and then I performed at my dad birthday party she do every year for him, and like my aunties and uncles and they so you know, they was turning me up, hyping me up. But I was rocking the stage like for real, and they was like, but she got something. So my mama posting on YouTube. The clip when a little viral like in the city back then, probably ten thousand views, like that was a lot of views. Yeah yeah, the whole population right right right, but you know how y'all let but no, it was like it was like I'm lit. So they was like does she do birthday parties and stuff like that?
Speaker 2: And I was like yeah, like are you performing for people's birthdays?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So she went from not wanting me to rap to being like, yeah, we take bookings, you feel me?
Speaker 2: So she.
Speaker 4: Became she became mama during an instant and ever since then she quit a job. Like when we moved to Atlanta to go in the rap game, she quit her job.
Speaker 2: Wow, so moms quit her job to become for you to come on the rap game.
Speaker 4: Full time, Like because we was in a rap game. People don't know. We was in the rap Gann House for three months straight, like we just had to move there, you feel me? So like was she gonna tell her job? Like you know what I'm saying, Like she had to leave, so she became full on mama. She went from Dennis to manage that's wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a lot of people's parents there, a lot of kids, parents not.
Speaker 4: So the only person like parent was there was Roscoe. I think, if I'm not mistaken, everybody else came with their sister, they uncle and stuff like that. But my mama, like my mama. Yeah, and King Roscoe shout out to Mama DJ. They risk it all late.
Speaker 2: They Mama still be texting me Mama Rosco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they still I love Mama DJ. But yeah, and they was the only two.
Speaker 2: So how'd y'all get the call to to be on the rap game?
Speaker 4: So let me tell you. I seen the commercial the first one. When the first one came with like a Loto peach little Nico, I was like, oh my god, Mama, I won't be on that, Like you know what I'm saying. It was like it was big because it was the first thing with kids as rappers. I'm like, that's me, Like you feel me. I want to be on that. So the second season hit him up. They was like, nah, show that one.
Speaker 1: No, he was.
Speaker 4: He was on the one after me. So the second one they was like, she don't really fit the storyline because they had like big city so it was like Brooklyn, Chicago, you know what I'm saying. Stuff like that. So I'm from Savannah. They was like that ain't gonna work. Like all right, cool, third season they had me in consideration, so I'm doing these zooms and stuff and then they was like, no, you ain't make it. But you were alternate though, so like something happened if somebody drop out and you can come. It happened like somebody dropped out and we did an interview. They was like, we love you, get welcome to the show. And it happened like that. And at that time, I was like, man, but get y'all y'all want me on the show anyway? My mom was like no, do it, Like you know what I'm saying, the best thing she ever said. So you know, I make it on the show. And like that was like that rest was like history. How did your world turn around?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Like I don't think people understand the magnitude of like that show. Like we were like every Friday you watched the rap game like in the Black household, like that's where it was. I was like, you know what I'm saying, Like it got to a point one time, remember when our races was so high that the golf the Masters was on and then we passed the Masters, Like you know what I'm saying, viewership, So it was that big and like that right there just stamped my face. You know what I'm saying in the culture, you know what I'm saying, and the kids and the parents and everything. I still to this day, I Onlyn look the same from the rap game, you feel me so like it was just such a big platform and I wanted to shout out JD for that because he really put kids in the position to be able to be like noticed on this large scale. Yeah, I just hit him. I was like, Jay, you we gotta do something like for the culture. And man, it was so big for me being a kid, because it was no way I was gonna get my music out there because nobody wanted to re listen no twelve year old rap. Like my voice was screaky, screechy, and like, you know, I wasn't really talking about nothing, you know what I'm saying. So it was just a good way to put my face out there for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see JD was talking about that about how you know he feel like that kids don't get the recognition that they used to.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 4: It was different me because we was getting a little bad because like I on the TV show like they were throwing that bag. Like kids shows was a big market. It ain't as a big, biggest market as you are gonna be when you like you know what I'm saying, But it's still a big market because it's like a whole bunch of little kids and when they come to the show, they got to bring their parents, so that's an extra ticket.
Speaker 2: So were you getting booked to like perform across the country, like for birthday parties and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Birthday parties little kids showed, they used to put on that little theaters, like you know what I'm saying. And they actually did a Rap Game tour, but they left me off. I was so mad, Bro, they got me on a tour, but it was a dope tour because they were doing amphitheaters and you know what I'm saying. So it was a big market and people were really coming to see it.
Speaker 2: It was dope. So you're you're you're this big superstar from the Rap Game and then all of a sudden, I just start seeing you on my timeline hooping though, Like when I'm talking about like hooping, like I'm over here, like you crossing folks over late with the lay leg I'm over here, Like, Yo, why didn't I never see this? Like are you still hooping when the rap game is going on?
Speaker 4: Or you just everybody think I just started hooping and rapping out of nowhere. I've been doing this my whole life, like you know what I'm saying. I've been hooping before. I've been rapping for for like with the boys at the Boys Club. So I've been doing it my whole life, but I never put it on the camera, like you know what I'm saying, Like no nobody knew. And then I was hooping at LA Fitness, like you know what I'm saying. So I'm playing against dudes every day, like I'm going to the gym every day. I'm playing against grown men, like going at it, you know what I'm saying. So when it was time for me to go play with the girls on AAU, I'm running through them.
Speaker 2: But your girl.
Speaker 4: But the teams that I was on, they was like they were no high seed teams or we were no big eybl teams. So I wouldn't get no recognition until like my damn, my junior year, you feel me, And that's the last year you could play. Yeah, in high school over aau because the next year you were seeing you're done.
Speaker 2: Oh gos right.
Speaker 4: So my sophomore year, I was playing on Bounced Nation right with Jay. My uncle Mon got in contact for street is six. So he was like, yeah, bro, fly like you could play in college. And I'm right now I'm getting a little bit of rapping. When I'm like, bro, I'm rapping, I'm finna get a deal. I'm gonna go to LA. I'm not worried about college right now. He was like, if I get you on the phone, this coach and she tells you she offer you a scholarship what you're doing, or like, give me on the phone. You know my first offer taught to coach you know from Old Miss. She like, hey, this coachyo at Old Miss. We offer you a full scholarship. Damn, Like this is real, Like you know what I'm saying, Like college, Like I didn't. It didn't register because I'm like, bro, like what girls do in college? They don't hoop for real, Like you know what I'm saying because like just like half the rest of the country, I ain't watch remming basketball for real for real, you know what I'm saying. And so I was like, girls ain't talking about Like I only knew boys go to go to college and go to the lead and get it. Pray. I ain't hear no girls doing this. I'm like, did my research, Dang, like I could play in college, Like you know what I'm saying, this could be something like I never knew I could play on this stage. Like yeah, next thing, you know, my offer started racking up, racking or racking up. I got every offer in the country, like except for Yukon in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Like she remember, oh yeah they come out to South Carolina with them dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had every I did not get the offer from South Carolina or Yukon.
Speaker 2: Though, like the two ones right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. She called me and then she like she was like so, she was like, so, look, I like your game whatever, but I ain't gonna offer you yet.
Speaker 2: And I was like what.
Speaker 4: And it's the time I got the big head because I'm getting every from South Carolina name Don the Phone No, no, no, coach Don legendary. But I was like, I was like, all right, man, scratch that off the list. So I was like, because in this moment, I'm like I'm getting every off I won't you feel me? Like, but I still ain't know where I was going to go to college. And next summer I met Donald American played the Jordan Brand Classic. I Want m v P Slam Classic. I want m v P and he a the top girls then and I'm ranked fifty five, like you feel me. So I had a little chip on my shoulder like I'm coming here and like it's like they bringing on, bring me here because they know me and they know my namely from the rap game, but they really want to see, like what she talking about coming here? And I'm marking them, folks, you got no more player here. I don't want her on my team. Put on the other team, you feel me. M v P. Snatch that Emmy that yeah? Yeah, literally, yeah number one? Play on that team. Oh yeah, I don't even want to play with you. Let's go scratch that. Give me that m VP. You feel me?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah yeah talk that.
Speaker 4: I had to let him know, like I'm not to be played with, you know what I'm saying, And that was just building that foundation in that rep as a basketball player, because I ain't have none. They've been playing on the circuit since seventh grade. They getting scouted and you said, seventh grade, I'm rapping. I ain't. You ain't hooping. So I had to get it out the mud. And then I became like the number six guard in the country.
Speaker 2: What made what made you select l Su?
Speaker 7: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: It's fly J and you're now tuned into the Baller Alert.
Speaker 2: Shout what made you select l Su?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I seen coach Mogi on TV acting crazy like she wasn't popping it back then? How she popping it out, but she still had her orange bright blazer. She was cussing out the ref like, man, you know what I'm saying. I was like, I need to play for her. And then I already knew her resume, so I told my coaches because she won where before Baylor twelve chips in a row, Like you're in her conference? Like who does that? So she had three national championships Hall of Fame coach. I'm like, I'm going to play for her, like you know what I'm saying, Like that's what I need. But at that time, she was at Baylor moving to LSU and I was like, this is perfect, Like nobody over there. I can help build something, you feel me like I was the first person to come over there. That was the first McDonald American, you feel me. So I was like, well, I can build something with her. And then like coaches, they didn't really want to take a chance on me in basketball, like they always asked, like what what you want to do? Most though, like you know what I'm saying, what you love right as soon as they say that, scratch you off because you a done deal. You know what I'm saying. But the different coach mooke you was, she was I ain't putting in no box Like on my visit there, she took me to the studio. You feel me, Like, yeah, she took me to the studio. She said this one you're gonna record that, Like you can sign me up right now. This lady with three championships telling me this and you win. You ain't got no championship. You telling me that you I can't even because you know, she see what she sees.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She said, in the season, you mine off season, go do what you want, be the biggest rap star. You know what? I'm saying, and I respected it, and we weren't good quick questions.
Speaker 2: So now you were a freshman, right, correct me? From I know, it was kind of the upper classman was like, man, hey man, you know what I'm saying. She ain't gonna come over here and take my spot a rapper.
Speaker 4: They ain't give me a hard time. They just give me a little side out because they knew I was gonna come in. They was like, bro, she's gonna come in acting boogie ye y.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But nah, I'm like, bro, I'm kicking it like I'm from Savannah, Georgia, like you feel me. I'm from the city, like I'm you know what I'm saying. So I came in there, but I came in there like yo, you know this this me like you know what I'm saying. I met Donald American. I'm coming here this you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is also Angel Reese's first year too, because she transferred from Maryland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so in my head, but you this how you think though In my head, I'm like, I'm a freshman, Like this is gonna be hard like that they're gonna be hard. How I'm gonna how I'm gonna start. How'm I take over the team? This is my head like, but out there I'm telling them, yeah, what's up, like you know what I'm saying, popping like that, but it's.
Speaker 5: I'm like.
Speaker 4: Dog, so you know, it was like a respect thing. But I came in and I was talking crazy, like first crazy, I'm like, mater, none of y'all can't guard me. Let's go line it up like you feel. That's where my head was at, and I was popping it like I was crossing up talking Cray. It got to a point where like they didn't wanna play with me, like yeah, I was talking too crazy like a ball. But I'm like, bro, but this on my mindset was at tell you why man, I worked too hard? Like I'm up five am. I got another train in that team. I got another train that one. I got another train that you know what I'm I'm doing four days, I'm shooting a thousand shots today. You ain't gonna tell me I'm not finna shoot the ball, like you know what I'm saying, cause I feel like my percentage gonna better because I shoot more shots. And that's when my head was at, like Kobe had filled up my head. You know what I mean. But I'm putting in the work and I don't see none of y'all in the gym with me. So it is what it is, you know what I'm saying. And I had to learn, you know. Andrew had to tell me, like you know what I said, like you could talk to me like that, and I respect it because I'm cut from that cloth. But some people not cut from that same cloth, so they not gonna take it away. I'm gonna take it. So I had to learn how to get my message through. I never changed my message. I just had to find another way to deliver it. And once I did that, we had a little come to Jesus men. You know what I'm saying. I told him like, bro, y'all got a problem, Like tell me, like I'm a poppy, but I'm gonna listen to I want to learn from y'all, like because these dogs don't get me wrong, like you know what I'm saying, but like you know, I was like, just talk to me, tell me. And then that's when we kind of like came together and they realized like, nah, she she she cool. You know what I'm saying. She ad listen, you know, what I'm saying. But they knew I was a hot head, like coming in like I'm trying to take.
Speaker 2: A spot too, like somebody somebody spot getting taken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it really wasn't no spots to take. It was like your spot was up for grabs because it was a new team. Oh you mean because she just had came the team we had before she inherited those players. This is the team she recruited, you feel me?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So really just the first year that she put a teach, she assembled the team, you feel me, So a spot was up for grounds. She don't know none of us except for the point guard Alexis.
Speaker 2: Oh so no, wonder why you had to go in there and talk shit.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I man, like you know what I'm saying. So it was like that was my the way that I approached it, you know what I'm saying. So, but everything worked out perfectly, like we at the end, we were sisters and we won a chip.
Speaker 5: So speaking of winning and losing, how did you feel about both teams being offered to go to the White House?
Speaker 4: I was like, bro, like I had one question, one question on it. If we lost, we have been invited as well, and if the answer was yes, then okay. But if the answer is no, didn't think about it, you know what I'm saying. So that was really it. I think that you know, winners go to the White House, losers go home?
Speaker 6: Did the school make y'all go? Because everybody I felt like was real rebellious and then y'all just jumped the gun put our statement we ain't going. Yeah, it's like wait come back, and yo were going like this school was like no, they going no.
Speaker 4: So so you know, Angel did the interview and she was like, nah, we ain't going, Like you know what I'm saying. I was like, I guess we ain't gone. But then like Doughter, but you know, she she she was like you know she she was a real leader about it and was like I added out of emotion. I spoke out of emotion, and I won't take this opportunity for people who actually want to go, you know what I'm saying. So she deal with a county supposed to do. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I wasn't when y'all went to the White House.
Speaker 5: What was your experience?
Speaker 2: It was cool, we're going back, Yeah, going back for sure?
Speaker 4: Did you get like a tour. We ain't get a tour like we ain't no tour, Like I just has to a room and the moment ain't no food or nothing. I seen the Kansas City of Chiefs mean food. We got some derbs, you know what I'm said, But like Trump had got them McDonald's. That one time we was done for like a happy meal. We was only there for like an hour and a half. Two though, so they did us a ceremony. Yeah no, they had like no, but like, don't get me wrong, like this the White House really happened. I had on a crazy outfit. I had stars all in in my pants suit looking crazy, but nah no, they had to send a secret service. We had to go through two check points, you know what I'm saying. We had the band playing and all of that. Like it was real presidential, don't get me wrong, but like you know, I would like to tour or something like that. But it was cool though, like just to.
Speaker 2: Be how was the president and the first lady?
Speaker 4: Oh man, it was they was chopping it up with us. So it was like you he want to play one v one? You don't want to do that, but it was it was vibes. It was vibe.
Speaker 2: Wait, Biden said he wanted to play you one on one. Oh no, no, no, a hard time. I thought that was what you said, he asked, No, no, no.
Speaker 4: You said he wanted to play. Yeah, you want to play like you know what I'm saying, pick up or whatever, but I pick up game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't think he needs to be playing any pick up game. That man can't even walk to the guy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's good, And we got to talk to the Vice president. His will got some real encouraging words. You know what I'm saying, coming from a black woman in the White House, Like that's a big deal. So it was a good experience just to see levels Like it's levels. Like I'm a young small girl from Savannah and I'm in the White health so it's different, you know what I'm saying. So, and I'm here for a good reason. I'm here for a reason.
Speaker 2: Where does basketball come from?
Speaker 5: Where they have something for rarit?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 2: Okay, all grab the ball, hey hey, hey hey now, and then we.
Speaker 4: Got make sure y'all go get your merch. Jersey's out right now for sale.
Speaker 5: But I got.
Speaker 2: Some snaffs for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've been asking for a minute.
Speaker 2: Though, yeah, slip outside of your mom. I'm like one of your biggest fans just because I saw you though now since I thought it was fifteen but you said thirteen. I literally seen you. You was like a little kid. Now you're fucking taller than me. It's crazy, A big.
Speaker 4: For sports fanatic.
Speaker 2: I love the sports observing of that, and I want you to go to w NBA because I want to go to the game. You know, me and Mama were sitting next to each other's drink. You know what I'm saying, and turn up and like job marand Dad. I'm gonna be like jo, oh my god, it's a foul. I'm coming on the court. You know what course? Do you want to go to the w.
Speaker 4: N B A as a competitor in basketball?
Speaker 2: Who you want to play? The mass I would love to buy your jersey from the.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like you want to that's a I feel like that's only natural. Yeah, like you want to be. But you get this business woman that I am.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, as the business yourself, answer this answer, diroughtly.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm as a business woman, like it was like, Bro, you gotta make sense, Like you know what I'm saying. Like if I'm making how much money I'm making in college and I got to go to the league and take a pay cut, you know what I'm saying, It's like, how does that really? Like you know what I'm saying, How that do? What that do for me? Like I'm out here risking my you know, my safety and I could you know, injuries, anything, and I'm taking the pay cut for what I'm doing music And I'm doing music, but I love what I do so much that I probably take it because I've always been my dream to play in the WNBA, to play against the best of the best, Like you know what I'm saying. So I want I want to be in a position to help the w NBA grow and not be bigger than that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: As much as LSU is going viral, it's definitely shining the light, you know, to help people, you know, get better deals.
Speaker 4: Man, man, women, Man, yeah, women, women's basketball is in a new light, and it's it's about the people. It ain't about Like, Bro, I know folks out here that's killing scoring thirty a game all American, no deals, you feel me. So it's just about building that brand, you know what I'm saying, Like we have superstars now in basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's dope. You had me and BT watching the championship game saying like that, and I never watched women's basketball, so it's like.
Speaker 4: Wow, you got like you got like Kaitlyn Clark, Like she's like a generational type of player. He personally haven't seen nothing like it from a female, you know what I mean. Like just and it's just like and for women's basketball, you gotta be in that situation. She had a perfect situation where a coach like, yeah, you got degreen, like you know, build a team around you, do what you want to do, you know what I'm saying. So that's good for the game, you know what I'm saying, creating superstars. You got men arguing over the game, men doing this over the game. So it's just growing the game. You're being a part of that change in real time. How did that feel?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: It feels like it's like them like I gotta make sure that I I'm doing everything in a way where it's like strategized, you know what I'm saying, Because it's like right now, we're creating a blueprint. Anything that I do is something that somebody else is gonna follow or something else that can make this go big. So you know what I'm saying, just like strategizing and trying to make the best of the situation because it's hotter than Greece right now.
Speaker 6: Now with your basketball, it was I feel like, man, that was like more controversy like basketball going on now because you know, with they didn't.
Speaker 2: Like y'all talking with Kaylen Clark did it. I feel like I feel like it's like it was a big deal.
Speaker 4: Man, It's not at It wasn't a problem for hoopers per se problem for other people.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what I'm saying. That's in the media. We made it.
Speaker 4: It was like the media like you know what I'm saying, And it was it was a double standard type of thing, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know how that go a young black girl doing It's gonna be amplified more. You have a negative connotation on it, but you got to realize, like them two are hoopers. Kaylyn Clark is a hooper, you know, and she's a competitor. Damn it was a hooper she's a competitor. You know what I'm saying. It's so off of me. It was like, now it's just building the game, like, but you can't crack down on just one per person when both people are doing because my teammate, that's coming Haley Van, what's Haleyit? No it to Haley?
Speaker 2: Oh so where did Haley play at Louisville? So you got y'all grabbed her? Did you? How did y'all get her?
Speaker 4: She wanted to come where.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You know people at LS, you like we just created something people to be a part of it. Like they want to be a part of them. They want to be able to express themselves. Like every time I recruits see me, they be like, I love how coaches let y'all do y'all thing. And you know what I'm saying, Like, how is she? I'm like, bro, she's she. We disciplined, don't get us wrong, but she let it be ourselves. And you don't see that in a woman's game. It's real. You're gonna it's my way of the highway, you know what I'm saying. But coach Mochus, you know we're young women were outspoken, you know what I'm saying, But she meant she let it be known that she the biggest alpha dog. You know what I'm saying. We she on the court, so you know we respect her because she got that the resume. So she she just sold. She let us be us.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That's why I say she brought me to the studio. I knew what type of person she was.
Speaker 2: Like yep, I'm on the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she let she let Angel be angel. She let you know what I'm saying. So that's why people want to be a part of that.
Speaker 5: So what going back to the music side, what label would you like to sign to if you could pick.
Speaker 4: Mm really live just like a label that understand, like a label that's not gonna limit me. Like I look at labels like official visits, like you know what I'm saying, going to basketball like going to school. I don't know, you don't get it.
Speaker 2: You don't get because they need to accept you as an athlete as well.
Speaker 4: And a rappers. You know, some people don't want to take that, take that barring, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know.
Speaker 2: The right one will because I think a lot of labels now they accept because we have some artists that act too, So you got to acting schedule and you got the right.
Speaker 4: So just the person who understands, just like school was like.
Speaker 2: And now it was a music video being shot. I don't know, I see I seen one of your partners in the video. Were you in the video?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I wasn't in the video.
Speaker 2: How come how come you wasn't in the video? I'm talking about the lotto Song'm talking about lot.
Speaker 4: Oh click oh not put it on the floor. I did a rerisk called clickbak. How come how come Angel Reese was in there but you one in there? Are you a lot o cool?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 4: We was like, I mean Angel like she loves like being in videos. She's a cute girl, you know what I'm saying. Like that's her thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I was like, I've been seeing y'all together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lot so, yeah, a lot of She hit me by it like the day before, so she did, Yeah, she hit me. She was like, you be in video? You feel me about to do I'm like, I'm in la right now, but I'm like, yeah, I can make it happen, Like you know what I'm saying hit my people. But I was like, so when it came out, I was like, I was like, we didn't make it happen, like her people never hit my people or whatever. And but I had seen like she had asked Angel before, like a week before, you feel me, And I was like, I was like, I was like, Okay, maybe she really ain't want me in the video for real, but she had to ask me because like we had kind of a relationship with four and she put Angel in, you know what I'm saying. But I was like, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't really care because Angel was in it, you know what I'm saying. And that was a big moment for women's basketball. But at the same time, it's like, you know what I'm saying, why why when you put me in it? Like it just makes sense, you know what I'm saying. Like I did the remix, you know what I'm saying, It went viral. You know what I'm saying. I'm a rapper, I go to LSU. You know what I'm saying. We got rap game history, you know what I'm saying. So that that situation, I felt like it was a little weird, But you.
Speaker 2: Think maybe y'all should have a maybe you should talk to her about it maybe, or you just you ain't worry about it.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't tripping off it because like it's shd light on like women's basketball, Like you know what I'm saying, Like that really just bridged a gap in the culture, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it made women's basketball and LSU basketball go to another level. But I feel like nag, like you know what I'm saying. If we was you know what I'm saying, it should have been like that.
Speaker 2: But now y'all have y'all talked in before the video came.
Speaker 4: Out, Yeah, like like you know what I'm saying here and there, like like I did the remix to her song, she.
Speaker 2: Was like, what is fire? Like you know what I'm saying. So y'all do communicate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like you know here and there like DM so, Yeah, she hit me. She told me it was fire. You know what I'm saying. I wish it could have him with it.
Speaker 2: Then y'all do a song together. Yeah, that's how y'all make up for that. Yeah, you just make you just make up. But y'all doing the record together. I've been seeing the Streeters X change. Yeah, you ain't wearing it today?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you signed the Streeters X.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not signed the Streeters X. But that's my uncle company uncle moan our moan no l g ol, that's my man actually my yeah. Yeah, actually my necklace broke, my chain broke. That's why I ain't wearing it.
Speaker 2: But nah, that's my people could speculate that because I see you wear it all the time. I was over here, like, oh, she must be yeah the Streeters X or nah, he just signed the street Ever since I was a little family, yes, family, ever since I was little. He anything I needed, like studio time. I haven't paid for studio time in years. Like you know what I'm saying, Like I know when I come to the city.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So I'm repping it.
Speaker 2: Like so you're independent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, my mama. We do everything looking for a deal or not not looking. They coming though, know they calling up because.
Speaker 2: Your n deal, your N I L deal is a lot. You've already made what over a million watching This is public knowledge, sir.
Speaker 4: Forbes, obviously, But man, I just got told like my shoe deal was worth more than like like veterans in the w n B A league deal, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I got the biggest shoe deal, Like that was crazy. Need to hear it was like I got that shoe deal coming out of high school. I ain't even step on the college court. You feel me? So, like what shoes? These Pulmas? I got a Puma deal? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got my Louis V's right now. But I'm a Puma athlete.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought you was about to hold as now that's different of off season.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, you know that the Puma deal was crazy. I came into college with shoe before I touched the floor. Like that's unheard of.
Speaker 7: We'll be right back, stay with more of the All Our Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: It's fly J and you're now tuned into the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 5: What was that law they passed to let college athletes U that's.
Speaker 2: The n I L the NL. So that's how she's able to make your money? Have been a professional athlete three letters.
Speaker 4: I think that's fair though, that's only right.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair because you can get paid off of your imait, your likeliness.
Speaker 4: J We're so proud of you.
Speaker 5: You're so grateful that you pulled up on us and we can't look to see you live next.
Speaker 2: But sure, thank you. Shout out to mom too many look the team since the beginning and beginning again and again.
Speaker 4: For sure. I love that she negotiated the shoe deal. I got an intersection coming in in Savannah, Georgia, and my CD. I got to keep to my CD. I got a day in my city and it wouldn't happen else. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that man, and I'm just so proud of you. I want to I want to go to l SU.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, let me tell you, like if you got us, got us.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's different.
Speaker 4: Okay here, but but she said, it's different in the p mat. It's our games this year, sold out already know we got It's hard to win in the piece.
Speaker 2: Because it's Louisiana, right, Louisiana making drinking there. So yeah, told.
Speaker 4: One thing Louisiana gonna do is drink, drink. It's hard to win, like we were undefeated at home. It's hard. Yeah, it's so much energy, y'all got to you always gotta we gotta get that together. He's our coordinator.
Speaker 2: Before you go, I want you to bust a rhyme. You got something in your head prepared or you're not prepared for that, because if not, you're gonna have to do a pep talk.
Speaker 4: We'll do a little bit of both about that. Here's a pep talk. I want to tell y'all, like, never give up on your dream. You know what I'm saying. No, it's like next opportunity. You don't want too many yeses in the beginning, because like you want to build that foundation, like I tell everybody, like you don't want to jump to the top of the steps, like you want to take every step, every step to get to the top. You want to build a good foundation so when you fall, you got something to bounce back on. From me, wise birds, from the biggest cat. I just said a little bit of both. Now, I was just gonna wrap you out my new song. But why you're saying we talk it ain't last a week. But you like in my store, you gassing me, are you gonna rap or be an athlete? If I'm still doing both? Are you asking me real rich? When I shop? I need cash? Receipts. Wake up and ball get the cash. Repeat City on Lock. I've been had the key. You can't pay for the feature. Don't ask the feet do it. I run it up. Feel like the Renegade. I gotta pull my deal. I don't get into Jay's. I had to mix up to sprikee with the lemonade. You trot me, they come in. I send a gang. I'm not an ammateur, No me in Canada. I put on drill, bring out the camera, red carpet. I'm living. I'm flammable. I keep eating they rappers. I'm cannibal with God.
Speaker 7: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alerts. Log on to baller alert dot com