Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he arm Strong and Yetty. The Fox around random loveby Wenby was calling for the ALU.
Speaker 2: Right there, Fox gets the two on one with Anthony Edwards being the low man.
Speaker 1: He's above the logo Jerry west Man. If you've missed out on watching Wemby the French Kid for San Antonio playing, I saw the power rankings the other day. They had him as the third best player in the NBA's twenty two Wow. She's pretty young. He's gonna be around for a long time. He looks like he could break in half. I think that's why he elbowed that guy in the face the other day. He got kicked out of a game flagrant elbow. But I think it was one of those you ain't gonna push me around. Oh yeah, don't think I'm weak. Yeah, don't think I'm soft. I get that physical game. God it is. Yeah. AnyWho, that's from the NBA playoffs. I just saw a thing up on the King Charles was addressing parliament for some reason, and there might be a new election there and the Prime Minister might go anyway. King Charles was there at Buckingham Palace. I didn't know they did this. He was sitting on the throne, a throne, I suppose it the duath throne is sitting on the throne reading the newspaper. I did not colloquially like like it's a toilet, actual actual, like like like like in an old timey movie throne. Sure it looked exactly like it, like Henry the eighth And he's on this big, giant gold throne with plush red pillows, and he's got this giant cape around his shoulders. Yeah, and a big freaking crown on his head. How did they still do that? I don't I don't like the whole king thing at all. But you call him a king and he wears a suit and he you know, he speaks to Parliament now. But the actual sitting on a throne with a crown, how do you hang on to that? And the big fur cap that.
Speaker 3: I know, especially because I'm reading Tim Sanderfers Fabruary. Somebody get me a couple of units. Better get me a couple in case the first one gets fired out. What do you get it there, making me a new unit I wanted to sing. Later for me, I say, yeah, especially I'm reading Tim Sanderfer's wonderful book Proclaiming Liberty, and the early part of it has to do with the relationship of the colonies and the crown in parliament and how England, you know, went through a couple of kings and beheaded one and ran the other one out of town, and then there were big disputes about how much power they ought to have versus parliament, blah blah blah. So for the longest time, maybe forever, they've been like, what is a king anyway?
Speaker 1: What I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta have one, right, everybody knows we got to have a king, but we don't know what he ought to be really or do, and so get rid of it.
Speaker 1: But Tim is on the show tomorrow be talking about his book, among other things.
Speaker 3: Oh, fantastic, excellent. I just thought that looks so ridiculous he got the crown on come on. Speaking of leadership, the Vegas state in the Union cal Unicornia trying to elect a new governor because the old one is termed out and wants to be the president even though he's a Potts and the Democratic Party in a one party state of hacks has turned out some pretty uninspiring choices, including the current front runner, Javier Bessera, who I'll tell you more about in a minute, but he utterly undistinguished his congressman. He's a handsome guy and he's reasonably well spoken, but did nothing as congressman. Inexplicably, he was a named state attorney gen did nothing but sue Trump and then became Health secretary in the Biden administration and was, according to Biden officials, a complete embarrassment.
Speaker 1: So why wouldn't he run for governor? We talked about that political piece from last week in which they are quoting all kinds of former Biden people saying, I mean they're laughing behind the scenes and slapping their forehead. This guy's going to be the governor of California. He doesn't know anything about anything. And the way you know this is true, and it didn't even occur to me until it was pointed out by Politico. He was the secretary of HHS during the biggest pandemic in a century, and he was a nothing. You have no memory, I have zero memory of him saying or doing anything. Ever. He was a non entity when his department with the biggest budget in America he had no role in the pandemic. That shows you what a nothing he is. And he might be governor, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they described him as an embarrassment at briefings and that sort of thing. Kelly, he's the front runner. And we'll get to some great audio in a second or two.
Speaker 1: My phone. Oh yeah, sorry, Joe's got my phone.
Speaker 3: I was going through it making him take all the nudes of me out of there so better not be copies.
Speaker 1: So we're about to play this clip of Javier de Sarah sitting down for an interview. And I saw this online yesterday. And David Axelrod, who is the campaign manager for Barack Obama, so he knows a little something about running for office and politics and democratic politics. He said as HHS secretary during COVID, but Sorri rarely was the administration's point person in communicating the American public on the pandemic. This may be the reason why. Here's what it sounded like in the interview yesterday.
Speaker 3: So he interviewed with Annie Rose Ramos for KTLA five in Los Angeles, and this is going completely viral.
Speaker 1: It's ninety and ninety one. Let's go with ninety first.
Speaker 4: Michael, this is the start of our interview with Javier Bassetta in Highlight in Park.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think we're these questions are fair.
Speaker 4: It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 1: So why is about the profile.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you define profile, but I'd like to begin the.
Speaker 6: Interview the way I described profile is you talk about all the things that I've done, things I want to do, and along with some tough questions, but not only tough questions.
Speaker 3: Wow, so he's begging her for a softball interview while the camera's roll and he's getting killed for this.
Speaker 1: How weak is that?
Speaker 3: Even the New York Times as be Sarah rises in polls, he draws fire for trying to direct interview, and they saw pedal it in the New York Times.
Speaker 1: How humiliating. It was your point about it being a one party state. So everybody that rises to you know, a high level in California. You're in a one party state. You're never challenged by anybody with a compliant media. Yeah, and so The same thing happened with Katie Order the whole you know, we're shit cut off that interview and got all angry and everything like that was basically the same thing, like why are you? Why are you asking me hard questions and treating me like a politician? Here?
Speaker 3: Do you not understand how this works? Yeah, you do a profile piece, i e.
Speaker 1: A puff piece about all my accomplishments, right, and don't say anything that's going to make me look bad. That's the way it's been my whole life. Why is it changing now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Aside from and I swear this is true, it's not hyperbolic. I'm not trying to be persuasive or bomb chucky or anything like that. Aside from you know, just general some charisma. The only thing you need to gain high office in California is to check the boxes of acceptability to the big unions, the public employee unions and nurses unions, et cetera, the teachers' unions, god knows, and the trial attorneys, among others. And as long as you pledge that you will faithfully execute exactly what they tell you to do, you will be anointed, uh whatever the office happens to be. I mean, Kamala Harris is the proof beyond proof of that. Yeah, but how could you rise to the level that this Javier Bessera is and like be completely he you haven't ever seen on television people running for big offices and doing interviews and having to answer questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you never? You've never encountered that in your life. He comes off as a simple tea. It's like a child. This is a profile piece, right, You're just supposed to talk about my accomplishment.
Speaker 3: Well, a profile pieces when you talk about the things I want to do and what I've accomplished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a professional reporters. Annie Ramos is thinking, I'll ask you what I want. Plus you the fact that you are unaware that the press might lead you, because Joe and I have run into this many times in Argurist. They are all friendly and like and that sort of stuff and try to get you to say stuff and and hurt you or or come up with something that's exciting that people will want to read or watch exactly. But how is he completely aware of that? Well, because of the reasons we just said, he's had nothing but puff pieces is whole light, right, But don't worry it gets worse.
Speaker 4: During your time as Anxious as Secretary, a New York Times investigation found the Health Department couldn't find some eighty five thousand children it had released.
Speaker 1: That's not accurate. What you just read is not accurate.
Speaker 5: First, that's what I'll say, because it was never the case that we could not find kids. You're essentially I don't know if you've got those talking points from Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: It's from a New York Times article.
Speaker 1: That's not what the New York Times article said.
Speaker 5: The New York Times said that individuals the children and their sponsors did not respond to cause they didn't say we couldn't find.
Speaker 4: Kids working overnight in slaughterhouses, replacing roofs, operating machineries and factories, children as young as fourteen years old.
Speaker 5: That part occurred after these children had left the care of Department Healthy UMIs services.
Speaker 4: Do you let these children go into those individual sponsors in their responsibility?
Speaker 5: Some of these kids, probably because they needed to earn some money, started working places that were very exploited.
Speaker 4: During your time as Anxious as Secretary. A New York Times investigation found the hell to part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where it's started to repeat.
Speaker 3: So she was making the point, so you released them to their sponsors who put them to work in roofing and slaughterhouses. Well, yeah, during the giant open border. It's almost surreal looking back on it. We had a president an entire administration that threw the border wide open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without the specifics of what he's talking about. In both of those clips, he talks like Frosty the Snowman. Yeah, this is a profile piece, right, he have a magic hat.
Speaker 3: He is what they used to call back in the day when people used fancy words. A mediocrity is undistinguished in any way other than being handsome and an absolutely loyal lackey of the powers that be.
Speaker 1: In the state of California. Wow, and he was looking like he's going to be governor. But I wonder after this stuff went viral because there's a lot of Democrats fighting it out to be the other candidate other than Steve Hilton.
Speaker 3: Katie Porter is beside herself with Clee right now. She's put the boiling potatoes she's going to throw on somebody back on the back burner. She's thinking things are shaping up well for me. She went on the golp one she lost a bunch of weight.
Speaker 1: Good for her health, get out of my I think kitchen. I heard an NPR piece yesterday where they had a bunch of academics and experts on and why the jungle primary system is a terrible idea. That is what we do in California. In some states, were the top two vote getters coming up here in a couple of weeks run against each other for governor, even if they're both Republicans. Well, they put it that way so that they thought they'd never have a Republican running at all, that every cycle it'd be two Democrats running against each other. There's basically we're a one party state. Where are we going through this charad? It's the illusion to choice China. Why are we going through this charad of having a Republican run against a Democrat when we all know it's going to be a Democrat. He might as well have the two best Democrats debating it out, But then this time around it might be two Republicans. So they want to do away with it. It's unfair and leaving a bunch of people out of the conversation. And okay, almost like Vladimir Putin is the Secretary of State or something.
Speaker 3: So this Dan Schner, who's a longtime political analyst, teaches it to UC Berkeley, USC been following him for years. He says, candidate for governor California shouldn't just expect gotcha questions. They should welcome them and thrive on them. He added, given questions that have been raised on his ability to handle high profile pressure situations, this is not what he.
Speaker 1: Needs right now. Yeah, obvious he's a punk and he sounds like Frosty the Snowman. Without the substance of what he's talking about. I don't know what's going on here. That's that's what he sounds like. I know we're running late. Michael play ninety egan real quick.
Speaker 4: This is the start of our interview with Javir Brisetta in Highland Park.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece. Right Well, look, I think these questions are fair.
Speaker 4: It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 1: So why is about the profile.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you define profile, but I'd like to begin the.
Speaker 6: Interview the way I described profile is you talk about all the things that I've done, things I want.
Speaker 5: To do and along with some tough questions, but not only tough questions.
Speaker 1: By'm melting my corn cup pipe. This is a profile piece, right, What an embarrassing thing to say birthday more They No, I don't think we.
Speaker 5: Need any help with Iran well, one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Tonight, President Trump says he can handle Iran alone as he heads to China for a summit with President She in Beijing, noting though that China is the largest buyer of Iranian crude oil.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have a long talk about it. They get a lot of their oil from that area.
Speaker 1: We've had no problem, and he's been a friend of mine.
Speaker 5: He's been somebody that we get along with.
Speaker 2: And I think you're.
Speaker 1: Going to see that good things are gonna happen. I don't know how this isn't going to be more of a sticking point. They're the China's the number one purchaser of oil from Iran, and Trump has been kind of YadA YadA YadA ing the whole thing as he goes over there. I just can't believe how this isn't going to be like the only thing President She wants to talk about. Hey, what's the deal? Get that straight opened up? Trump's gonna say, hey, go buddies with Iran. You open it up, it's your oil. Yeah, we're fine. Interesting to see what happens there. You're talking yesterday a little bit about how Trump went on a spree of late night truth social posts the other night, like he often does. Yes, he had fifty five messages between between ten fourteen pm and one to twelve am. Not at all unhinged. I don't think he's unhinged. I just think it's do you think it's the way way he is at the end of a long day. He's just got a whole bunch of things rattling around in his head, and rather than keeping to himself, he blasts them out to people unhinged, including retweeting someone a cat turd who's a very popular Twitter guy, delightful moniker, Yeah, disgusting. Trump retweeted arrest Obama the trader, I mean, the sitting president. Tweeting out that a former president should be arrested. You would think would make the news, but it doesn't anymore, just because people just roll their eyes. So that's where we are. Yea. As they write in the Wall Street Journal, Left the sun went down two nights ago, another familiar ritual began late night social media posting, the president's truth Social account posting fifty five messages. It's not unusual to have that many. He has twelve point six million followers on truth Social, which is a way smaller number than he ever had on Twitter. Uh, because not as many people went over to truth Social. Monday was one of forty four similar spates of a dozen or more truth Social posts published between eight pm and six am since he returned to the White House. The record is one hundred and sixty times. Back on December first, he posted one hundred and sixty times no after eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: Many of them retweets or retruth sound but I mean that's extraordinary.
Speaker 1: And it means he's sitting there sifting through social media, which is full of crap.
Speaker 3: Retweet just crap, comment and retweet yeah, retweet now wild Yeah. Has Obama been jailed yet? I haven't been following this, he retweet Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi's former top staffer said Nancy Pelosi planned January sixth for two years.
Speaker 1: Lock her up. Trump retweeted that the other oh my god, not really him. Okay, we got more on the way. Interesting story about a public school. You're gonna want to hear Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The therapy platform Rula announced yes today that is partnering with the Van Lewin to provide people with a free therapy session plus a scoop of ice cream. It's just their way of getting you accustomed to the idea of being manipulated by your therapist.
Speaker 1: Follow up on story we did before the commercials. Wall Street Journal had a piece on Trump's late night postings on truth Social and Hanton pointed out to me that the article, apparently I didn't read far enough down, included that Trump has a young woman that works for him that does a lot of the posting. But that doesn't make sense, because why would you hire somebody to post late at night and not all day long. The bursts of them being posted at night almost have to be him. Yeah, yeah, and he famously stays up late. He's alone in the room. You hired somebody to post stuff while you're up flipping through the channels. I don't know if I'm buying that. I think it allows you to. I mean, I'm sure he probably does have an employee of that, but I think it also allows you say, if something goes really wacky, I didn't post that, right, Yeah, And I've told that person under no circumstances ever again post that we should be arresting former presidents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she brings him. I guess lots and lots of stuff that he could.
Speaker 1: You know, Rea, maybe that's maybe she's she cons through the stuff. Yeah, and then he posts them. I'll bet that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, not uncommon social media assistant.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you have a kid in the San Francisco Public School District, they are about to learn the privilege wheel in one of their classes. In fact, it's mandated now. And there's a lawsuit involved about a year long ethnic studies course that was just permanently adopted by the San Francisco Unified School District. Oh my, there's a letter from the friends of Lowell Foundation. So. Lowell is a private school that's pretty famous in America in the Bay Area for being like the best of the best, smart kids in America. And there have been various efforts over the years to do away with the meritocracy part of it, like open it up to it's like.
Speaker 3: A magnet high school. It's a public Magnet High School.
Speaker 1: But there's been a lot of pressure to open it up to underprivilege this and people who can't score as high on that as opposed to just keep it. No, these are the smartest people in America. We want the smartest high school kids in America. Period. Yeah. Anyway, so they're suing the public school district for allowing this to happen, which I think is pretty interesting, and they I pointed out that this seven million dollar program has been adopted largely concealed from concerned parents. Let's read a little bit about what it is, the privilege wheel, which sorts students into an oppress or oppressed framework based on this wheel. This is what the wheel looks like. I'll read from the wheel, isn't that fantastic? Round to multicolored, looks like a wheel. Children are being sorted, labeled, and instructed according to race based ideological frameworks that no parent consented to and then no reasonable reading of the federal civil rights law permits. According to a civil rights attorney who is suing the San Francisco School District, and every ninth grader and it's.
Speaker 3: The entire school year class every day you have this class calling harm meat Dylan, calling har meat Dylan.
Speaker 1: But so the way the wheel works is right in the center of the wheel is the word power. And then if you go to the very outside, you have a bunch of different categories wealth, housing, body size, mental health, sexuality, ability, skin color, citizenship, gender, language, And as you get closer to the inside, it gets closer to power. Yes, and obviously, well, the closest to the power is if you are an English speaking rich kid, cisgender, man us citizen, white, able bodied, heterosexual, yes, neurotypical, robust, slim, and your parents own property l eight out of ten in bad Well, you're not slim, acusing, not terribly robust. You're the closest to power. And then you would they would put you in one group there in the classroom right and throw crap at you, call you terrible names, call you names, or just lecture you about how you You know, you were given all this power that you need to uh check and give back to the people that are on the way.
Speaker 3: Exactly that you will remain silent, You will shut up, these people will talk.
Speaker 1: The very outer ring is the poor, homeless, large body size, uh vulnerable, lesbian by pan a sexual significant disability, elementary education, dark skin color, undocumented, trans, non binary. That's different from the sexuality. The gender and sexuality are different categories they have. You know, I'm not gonna lie that person is up against it. I'll agree with them that far. So you're homeless, poor, overweight, your pan sexual, trans, you don't speak the language legally exactly.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's got yeah, yeah, you got my sympathy there, brother.
Speaker 1: Neither. The thing is, though, the main thing about that is it's not the fault of the person closer to the middle of the wheel that you're all those things, and.
Speaker 3: The idea that because they are, they have no rights, they shouldn't have an opinion. They need to shut up and give away power. It's all about capture, capturing institutions, capturing power, taking it in the name of Marxism.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you keep your kid in a school where they're separating them into these groups, and you know, putting your kid in the bad group just because they were, you know, happen to be born straight and white, for instance, and in this country, how dare you be born in this country? You need to you needed to give away some of that power because you're you're being dinged for being born in the country, right, let alone the immutable characteristics of being straight, and I think being straight as mutable, uh, being straight and white. You're being dinged for being born in the country. How nuts is in the United States.
Speaker 3: That's fairly similar to the state mandated curriculum too San Francisco, of course, being San Francisco has taking it maybe a tad farther, but not much.
Speaker 1: The textbook's goal is to give students terms and tools they need to analyze the impacts of race and ethnicity and US history in the present day. No, it's not. It's a tool of capture. Yeah, yep. It's like my uh, I think I mentioned this last week. My son was so disappointed that they got to the Civil War in their history book and all it was. All they learned about is the way it impacted Native Americans. They didn't learn anything about the Civil War, nothing about Grant and Lee and appomatics and Gettysburg Address and none of that stuff that is straight out of like Portlandia. It's finality, I know, he said, he came home. He said, everything we learned history class ends up being about Native Americans everything. Yeah, yep. The railroad kind of finally connect the Intercontinental Railroad, the Golden Spike and everything like that. All you're going to learn about is how it displaced Indians. Yeah, not anything about transportation or first railroad in the world or whatever we're talking earlier about.
Speaker 3: How like cities and counties and all have like crazy exorbitant fines and fees if you get caught rolling a stop sign or something like that because you're on the wrong side of law, and therefore you don't get a say you need to shut up, Well, you should have followed the law. This stuff where it's exactly that same way. If they can convince you or all of your peers that you're on the wrong side of being a racist or a transphobe or an islamophobe, you think.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm not I'm really not.
Speaker 3: Just and it takes away any of your power is the wrong word, any of your status. You have been convicted of being an awful human being. Therefore you sit down, you shut up, and you give your power to them. Now, the fact that it's an invented charge like making a micro aggression, remember at or you know, being quote unquote transphobic because you don't want a dude whoop in your daughter's ass In high school sports. They get you on the wrong side of their fake moral laws and therefore can tell you to sit down and shut up because you're a bad person.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. Don't fall for it. By the way, I don't have the statistics handy of what the proficiency percentages are for reading and math the San Francisco Unified School District. I would guess it's pretty low, like everywhere else in the country. Nope, I don't think there's anywhere in the country where public schools are doing very well in that. So you've taken an hour out of the day to teach the wheel of I should be ashamed of myself right every day, but not reading in math.
Speaker 3: I was pleasantly surprised to see The New York Times with a big piece Today American education is in crisis. Almost everywhere in the country, students' academic performance is worse than their peers was a decade ago. According to scores, blah blah blah. The numbers are startling. They go through the reading scores, which are shocking. Masks scores are every bit as bad. Did they mention that we're spending more money than we ever have per people. No who did the other day they had a big article. Well, a couple of been writing about the fact that in New York City, the other end of the country, they're spending forty two thousand dollars per student per year pro student miserable and declining test scores. And they mentioned that drops are happening in rich districts as well as poor ones, urban, suburban and rural, crossing racial divides.
Speaker 1: Man, if you gathered ten parents or sets of parents together and said, here's four hundred and twenty thousand dollars to spend this year on educating these ten kids, you could do a good job.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, even a just downward because New York is inexpensive. Give me three hundred thousand dollars to educate those ten kids, please, Oh, you could give them an unbelievably rich education.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of giving thing, no sandwich is almost here an update on right after this. Oh, thank god.
Speaker 3: Ask any dog owner who gets serious news from the VET if they wish they could have prevented it in advance. They would have done anything, of course, not to mention, not just the suffering of the dog, but the MRIs specialist medication surgeries that might cost thousands. You want to prevent your dog's ill health when you can. That's what rough Greens is all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's live. It's a bunch of live stuff that you can add to your dog's food, which is really really cool and you can try it for nothing. How about this. All you're gonna pay is a shiping. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. Cover the shipping when you go to roughgreens dot com. Use a discount code Armstrong. That's are you ffgreens dot com?
Speaker 3: Thousands of dogs feeling younger, more energeticappier and healthier than they have in years. Your dog could be one of them. Again, rough Greens, are you ffgreens dot com? Use that discount code Armstrong. You just cover the shipping roughgreens dot Com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better.
Speaker 1: So jud just ordered a sandwich from Panera to wrap using my door dash at and here's the picture of it. It's at the door out there. So during the krenschmercany you can go get your sandwich, assuming nobody has stolen it yet. But yeah, uh kind of fits in the fact that you're ordering a sandwich and we're keeping a track of it with this because I took a phone call yesterday. I needed to. It was a family emergency. Anyway, we got this text yesterday. I can't believe Jack would take a call while broadcasting Armstrong. You are a joke. How you have a job is beyond me. I wonder that myself. Oh, you angry little man. What do you find happiness? Someday? Your sandwich is here. We got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I've been reading this story by Christopher Ruffo, who we've quoted many times over the years. We ever had him one there? Oh maybe once back in the day, but not enough. Anyway. The title of this story is watching porn on death Row and it's out of the California prison system. Under Gavin Newsom, state prisoners are turning taxpayer funded tablets into personal sex machines. And what's fantastic about this is a guy who wants to be president of the United States. Gavin Newsom sought to transform the massive prison system into a Nordic style rehabilitation program. Newsom has placed a moratorium on all executions, transferred condemned prisoners to facilities across the state, dismantled Sam Quintin's death row and turned the notorious President into a therapeutic center with art classrooms, a cafe, and podcast studios. Nice, because that's what rapists and murders need. Podcast studios. Yeah. Part of the transformation, the news and administration approved a one hundred and eighty nine million dollar contract that we all paid for its taxpayers in the state of California. What's that number again, One hundred and eighty nine million prow digital tablets to all the prisoners. Wait a minute, they already had tablets, By the way, I would be against this even if they didn't have them at all, but the fact that they already had him and needed the newest, coolest one, Are you freaking kidding me? And how did it cost that? Give me the state credit card, I'll go down to the Apple store. I don't give my kids the newest, coolest one. If that one you've got from several years ago still works, keep using it, yeah, until you grow up by your own anyway. The administration heralded the effort to replace the inmates old tablets, which were from twenty eighteen or wouldn't want prisoners to have committed crimes against society to have to use an old tablet, an old free tablet. Yeah, they gave taxpayer funded. They gave to all prisoners in twenty three is a step toward digital equity. These are all in quotes. These are actual terms used by Gavin Newsom. We want prisoners to achieve digital equity for the justice impacted individuals who could injustice impacted individuals. This is an Orwellian masterpiece. It really is. I'm the justice impacted individual. If you stole my car, hit me on the head, or whatever the hell right, I don't give a crap about their justice impact. They earned it anyway. Digital equity for justice impacted individuals who could in theory, this is hilarious, especially given the headline that they're using these things to look at porn. Of course they are. You're a dude locked in a cell all day long with Wi Fi and a tablet. What do you think you're well, I sell you what I would do that and scrabble porn and scrabble. What they were supposed to be doing, or what Gavin Newsom thought they would be doing, is using the devices to contact their families, consume educational content and learn new technology so that they could get a job when they got out. Of course, that's what they're going.
Speaker 3: To do, much like what was the program we talked about the other day that was many, many, many times more expensive than could possibly be justified. It's because whoever was the nonprofit that's the dye profit. Yeah, the diaper thing, exactly. Somebody got it in a normal US honk of cash to go down and buy tablets. You could have bought for a fraction.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's true. That's all I raft. I don't think we ought to be giving them tablets anyway. I don't care about their digital equity. Though the state has claimed to regulate explicit content content, the inmates told us at the City Journal that users can easily evade detection. Of course they can. So the official word from the prison and from the state is they're not allowed to look at porn, and they aren't because we got this they interviewed all these different inmates to say, hey, yeah, we look at porn. All that's what we need. Inmates told us a different story. For some, the devices have become personal sex machines, and the words of one inmate California's death throw is populated with desperate, horny criminals who see the tablets as a way to satisfy their basis, fantasies and desires, all thanks to the California taxpayer, thanks.
Speaker 6: For taking the money.
Speaker 1: They even interviewed this guy named Robert Maury, who you if you've been in California your whole life might remember, is before our time here in the nineteen eighties. He was. He's a serial rapist, murderer, nicknamed the tipster killer because we don't actually murder or murder, we don't actually execute anybody on death row. He's still alive, of course. They interviewed him, and he's a horrifying person. Killed a woman by strangling or with a clothesline, strangled and killed two other women. Rape, blah blah blah, all this different sort of stuff. He's living in a state prison facility in Stockton, California, where he says he has viewed pornography and his taxpayer funded digital tablet all day long. In an interview, he told his inmates can receive nude pictures watch pornography through their devices. In his case, he claimed to receive topless photos from a twenty two year old psychology student who is hoping I would share my story with her for a class project. He said he flirted with her. Fair See got a guy who strangled and murdered women for years gets thrown in prison, and you give him a tablet paid for and the WiFi is being paid for us by two obviously. Sure, yeah, look at porn all day long? What the hell kind of world do we live in? Why?
Speaker 3: There have been a handful of high profile cases. We haven't gotten to them because we don't want to, you know, be all horror all the time. But a couple of high profile cases lately where guys have been turned loose by the woke justice system of one blue state or another then committed an even more horrendous act. Oh, the one with the famous quote, Oh where is it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Where is it? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't want to put another black man in jail. This woman who was violently accosted by a guy but was woke and thought no, I shouldn't, and then he did something truly horrific to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Now she's thinking on her own, maybe I should have called the cops or press charges back to the prisoners and the tablets. The potential for abuse is obvious. The Newsome administration has made the tablet program universal with no access restrictions based on a fence, so no matter what your affect was, you still get the tablet. Inmates, including child predators, can communicate with members of the public through their tablets with no age restrictions, and they just send videos to kids or try to get to kids or whatever through their tablets. It's madness. It is absolute insanity. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: I don't either. How do you come to that worldview? People leave California because of the high housing costs.
Speaker 1: M that's part of it. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty