Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener Q daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: Now it is time to do some listener questions. Eddie, are you ready to answer questions?
Speaker 1: I'm ready. As long as there are no hot dog questions, there's no more.
Speaker 2: I put them all on the part one. So if you want to know Eddie's thoughts, feelings, emotions on everything related to hot dogs, go listen to part one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all there. I spilled it all out. Hey, I threw it all up over there for you.
Speaker 2: We didn't need that hot dog talk.
Speaker 1: It's all thrown up over there.
Speaker 2: Most because he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. So just go listen to that one. Some shout outs. If I could do a lunch with the group, you two would be the best duo I hang with.
Speaker 1: And that is like, yes, you don't you trust me? You want to have lunch with us too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie and I are pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why lunchbox would eat all your food, Like I'm not kidding. You think I'm joking. Like He'll be like, well, what is that? And you'll tell him and they be like, and he won't even ask you, just grab it. You don't want to that Amy, I mean she'll diagnose you with some kind of disorder. And then Bobby, Man, I don't even know he'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: We are growing this morning, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Bobby will talk to you now he will, but but for sure we're the best. Scuba would be kind of fun. Ray you get fed up, They're gonna be drinks sling. I mean we'll probably have some drinks too, right, yeah, we both have what are we doing lunch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go have some Mexican food and Margarita's love it because that's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Love it. Margarita is the best because of your No, no, no, that's my go to. That's my go to. For sure.
Speaker 2: I just made sure everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Morgan, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Amy from Orlando says, I love in all caps you.
Speaker 1: Eddie, I love you. Who is that Amy? Yeah? No, no, no, it's Amy. She's acting like.
Speaker 2: I'm from Orlando. Are all right? Pregnant with my first? Would love parenting tips from Eddie the dad Morgan in Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Also, Morgan, are you pregnant? Oh man? This is awesome? Having a baby's awesome. It's just an amazing thing. Let me give you the best advice. Don't And it's gonna sound stupid because like, oh, okay, that's easier said than done. But don't worry. Like a lot of people worry about having their first baby, you're going to realize when you have your second baby and your third baby, and if you want to have more babies, you're going to realize, like, man, I was taking things way too serious with my first because it's your first, and it's natural to worry about like, oh my gosh, am I is are they eating enough? Like are they? Why are they crying so much? Why they like? Trust me. Doctors are great to kind of walk you through these things. Your parents, they've been through it. Listen to them or anyone else that you trust that has been parents. Listen to them. We've been through it. It all works out like and and somehow I remember bringing our first born home and being like, what do we do with this thing? Like right, and that's a natural thing.
Speaker 2: What happens now.
Speaker 1: The fact that they trusted me and I was like twenty eight, maybe twenty nine, twenty seven, I don't remember. But the fact that they trusted me to take that little baby, put it in a car seat and drive it home and get it out and put it in our house. Like that was weird to me. This cannot be legal, right, Like you just let me and my wife, who's like just delivered the baby, like take it home, and now we don't know what to do, and there's no manual that says like, all right, you do this. I mean, you can google stuff and it tells you what to do, but like these instincts just kick in where like it just tells you what to do and it's I would just say, enjoy it. Don't stress so much about it. The baby's gonna be okay if it's doing something abnormal. Doctors are really good on like walking you through that kind of stuff. But like, other than that, enjoy it. It's an awesome, beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Definitely easier said than done.
Speaker 1: Easier said than done. But you don't realize it till after you have your first baby and you have your second, where you're like, man, I should have enjoyed our first a little more because like you're so stressed out because it is stressful. It's like it's so weird and foreign to us. That we're taking care of a baby.
Speaker 2: You just grew this human inside of you and now it's all a sudden outside of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we're meant to do that and like we're equipped to do that, and it's just it's a good thing. So just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That's a good piece of advice. And my sister's about to have her first kids.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see her being a mom. I don't think they're freaking out.
Speaker 1: Yet, yeah, because she hasn't had it.
Speaker 2: But the carrier just arrived. The what do they call it? Why can't I come up with it?
Speaker 1: You mean, like the yeah, the carrier, like the baby carrier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, carry right, Yeah, so many baby things I bought, but yeah, no, I bought a bunch of baby stuff for them. I did, like a little advent calendar, baby advent calendar for them to open up stuff.
Speaker 1: That's another thing too, And not not to slam your calendar, which is cute, it's awesome, but like, don't buy too much stuff. You don't need a lot of things. Like I remember what what would frustrate me is we would buy all kinds of toys and then he would just play with the toilet paper roll, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, and that's funny. I didn't buy I think I bought one toy. The rest of it was like things for mom, things for you know, all the after care what happens, and it's all on a redistry. Is all stuff she wanted.
Speaker 1: And it's cute to buy them, like you know, brand name little onesies, but don't get like a bunch because that onesie you're gonna end up giving it away or like giving it to someone else in like two months.
Speaker 2: Because they grow so fast, so fast. Good tips. How is the chicken business? Carrie from Springfield, Missouri.
Speaker 1: So the chicken business is nonexistent. I haven't made a chicken in like I would say, about a couple months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been busy with hot dogs.
Speaker 1: I've been eating hot dogs. But but I am working on something and we're moving. We're moving on something that's not chicken, but we're getting closer and closer.
Speaker 2: It. Okay, this is exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's really exciting.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it happens. Yeah yeah, Okay, it's very exciting. And it's a slow role because like just everything I do is a slow role, but like we're actually moving. Stuff's getting registered, stuff's getting like official, stuff's moving.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love this for you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Chicken know something else in the works.
Speaker 2: Daniel wants to know. Are you more of a what a burger breakfast sandwich person or burger person?
Speaker 1: Burger person? I've never been like a taketo Like what a burger breakfast guy? They have taketo's, Yeah, I don't know if they have them everywhere, Like I don't know, I haven't. I really haven't had one in a long time. But like I remember, yeah, they would have good ones, but I just wasn't a breakfast what a burger guy?
Speaker 2: Do you like breakfast sandwiches in general?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: Oh I love a breakfast, Sammy.
Speaker 1: Breakfast for me is like, and this has only been in the last five years. It's like a fuel thing. Like it's it's never like unless like it's a Saturday morning and the kids are like, hey, Dad, will you make me whatever? Then we'll make like pancakes and all that stuff. But for me, like breakfast is like you've seen.
Speaker 2: Me two wellld egg you're two eggs in your banana.
Speaker 1: And a banana like and fruit like whatever bowl fruit and like yogurt like that's it. Like I try not to make breakfast a big deal, but unless it's the weekend, then we'll make it a big deal.
Speaker 2: That's fair. I think I've turned into the same way. Maybe it's just what happens when you become an adult, or maybe okay, I actually need something just to save me throughout the day. And we're pancakes and.
Speaker 1: We're kind of always running, like you know, it's always just like quick, I gotta get some in my stomach so I can go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know that's that's a funny part. My boyfriend will make me in the morning when he stays over. He always makes me scrambled eggs with cottage cheese. He does my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: Does he see you off? Yeah, he packs your little breakfast.
Speaker 2: We leave at the same time, so he'll like make but it always takes me longer to get ready, right because of course I makeup my hair and everything, and he always like has thirty extra minutes. He'll just go down and make me eggs, like here you go. So now I actually eat before work, which never used to be the case.
Speaker 1: Are they good? They're so to be honest, be honest.
Speaker 2: He makes them better than I do, really, And I can't have scrambled eggs now without cotta cheese. They make it so much fluffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heard of that, and cheesier.
Speaker 2: It's just youngier.
Speaker 1: So do you put cheese in them too?
Speaker 2: A little bit? But not we put nutritional yeast on it. I'm really trying to up my yeast in game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never heard of that.
Speaker 2: It's like it's supposed to. It's very minimal protein, but it's an additive. That's cheese. It's like if you added spice. Yeah, okay, it's just like that, but it's cheesy and it has like three grams of protein.
Speaker 1: So why are you trying to get your protein out?
Speaker 2: I just I'm working on my health pretty hard, paying really attention to I thinks I'm consuming trying to get rid of a long COVID.
Speaker 1: That is always a good thing. Give my smell back, Yes, that's the goal, so you can start smelling the things around here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Eddie, I have to ask you this.
Speaker 1: Because is it a hard question.
Speaker 2: It's not a hard question, but it's one that you and I have already talked about. Okay, and we talked about this right after it happened. But I keep getting people who love to roll into my dms and bring it up. Julian asked me to ask you how you feel that I compared your dad's death to my.
Speaker 1: Relationship for people still talk to you about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still on the daily all the time get hit up for this, So Eddie, I would like you to finally respond to because for some reason, the Internet feels a certain way guys like like I would let this one go.
Speaker 1: I would like I would just kind of let it go. It wasn't a big deal to me, you know, like death is death, obviously, Yes, my my father's death was tough, and I think it was good when we talked about it here, Like I really didn't have anyone. I had a few friends that I talked to about it, but like a long form conversation about that with you was really good and helpful, like I think, and I honestly don't even it didn't stand out to me that like that was even happening. I think you talking about what you were going through me talking about what I was going through kind of worked, just bouncing off each other. I don't think it was anything I didn't. I not once did I think like that's weird, she's comparing a dog to my dad, Like, no, so I would let the son go. Yeah. I thought it was helpful. The conversation was very helpful, and I'm glad I got to talk about it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt like we were healing together. Yeah, that was a podcast that was beneficial. Listen, guys, I would never I would never ever do that to anybody. That would never be my intention. But Eddie is someone who we have great conversations. Yeah, and I felt also talking about that would take away me making him spend an hour of talking about something that's really hard.
Speaker 1: And sure, like and what are you gonna do? Ask questions? Just sit there like no, I mean you were definitely there were definitely things when you're grieving. You're grieving like it's just whatever it is, and which is weird. It really is weird to think about that, like like a dog's death versus human death.
Speaker 2: The breakup.
Speaker 1: What, oh, I'm sorry the breakup. Yes, I was thinking of something else. Sorry no, no, no, I was thinking of a lunchbox. But yeah, like yes, the breakup, and it's I know it's different. I know it's completely different, but like you're talking about stuff like this pain like it. I honestly, it did not stand out to me. It didn't be like wow, I can't believe this is happening. I'd there you go and even like back that up with like I why did not even say dog's death, Like, I don't even know why I thought that. I think I was thinking about lunchboxes.
Speaker 2: But well, and he just had brought it up on Best Bits last week.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and I didn't hear it, and I saw people talking about it, and I want to go back and listen to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really hard, and I like that's why I love Best Bits. I feel like it's a space that we can sit here safely and just talk about stuff that's going on. Because the show we're in compact times where you have to do certain things. This gives us the space to just like human and talk about things. But Eddie, in case there is any inklean of you that felt that way, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 1: I want to be honest with you. Not one ounce of it, like didn't even think twice about it.
Speaker 2: Well, Julian. Julian and a very handful group of people would love for me to address.
Speaker 1: That, and I don't do you want to say, Julian, thank you for bringing that up for the last time, so we will no longer talk about that.
Speaker 2: I remember because this got brought up after that episode aired, and I want to say it was about a year ago.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, we're at the year. We're at the year mark.
Speaker 2: And I remember coming up to you after that episode aired and I saw a lot of those comments. I said, Eddie, did I like do something wrong here? Did I make you feel any certain way? Did I go about this the wrong way? And you were like, Morgan, stop listening to stupid people on the internet. That was your responts me.
Speaker 1: I just I just think that, you know, it's it's easy to just tell someone like why did you say that? Why did you talk? Why would you do that? But like, honestly, it's not easy to talk about that kind of stuff. So like, yeah, we're being very natural here, and I think that conversation was very natural, and that's what we would be talking, that's how we would be talking outside of this room about our lives, and so like, I didn't think twice about it, Morgan, so.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to give you space to finally respond because I finally moved to the questions. I was like, dang it, Okay, that's funny. We're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. Okay, a few more questions. The hard stuff's over.
Speaker 1: Oh that was it? That was it? Okay, good, all right?
Speaker 2: Looking back to when the show first started, looking back, were you the only one that was married with kids?
Speaker 1: This is interesting. So when we first when we moved to Nashville, when I joined the show, I was the only parent on the show. And I wasn't supposed to be on air, Like it wasn't like I was just a video guy. I came on because I'd done the TV my whole career. Never was a radio guy. And Bobby was like, I need to I need a TV guy on, Like I need a video aspect to this show because it was really before any kind of like big digital internet and internet a digital social media stuff. Like Bobby was way ahead of it where he was just like, we need to get a visual part of this of our show, a daily visual. They would do little things here and there, Lunchbox would take his camera out in the street or whatever.
Speaker 2: But like Lunchbox would oh my gosh, I need to go back.
Speaker 1: And watch it. Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, there's some good stuff, but like a daily visual. It was kind of like that was my job. But I was the only parent, so whenever there was any kind of parenting question or a parenting conversation, they'd be like, Eddie, get on the mic. I didn't have my own mic, so I would just like kind of walk over, and then it went from there to like, all right, give Eddie a mike, and then it went from there too, I'm just sitting at the mic the whole time to like now I still do videos, but I'm talking the whole time.
Speaker 2: That crazy.
Speaker 1: It is very crazy, and it's fun to tell that story to people that are just tuning in to the show, like people like, hey, I've never really listened to you show. I listened to it the other day. It's really cool. How did you get started? And like, let me tell you this is my story. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Do the foster kids ever ask about their bio parents and will they ever get to the chance to meet their bios? This is from Madison.
Speaker 1: Madison is a deep question. Yes, so one of them's older, one of them's younger, the younger one we got when he was a baby, so it's easier for him to not ask about his biological parents because he's all, we know, never met them. I mean he met them, but he doesn't remember them at all, and so to him, we are his parents. And then the older one has memories of you know, he came to our house when he was four, so he has memories of his biological parents, so he talks about them more. He's going through therapy now, which is awesome, Which is so cool to see him come out of therapy and be much happier. It's and he's not a he's not like a sad kid, and he's not like a kid that's always down. But when he comes out of therapy and whenever he opens up, which it's taken a long time for him to open up in therapy, but whenever he does, there's a smile on his face. His day is better. He's chipper, he's laughing more because there is a sense of like, more understanding. Every time he goes to therapy, he understands more of what happened, more of his of his story, and more he realizes it's not his fault. Because kids grow up thinking it's their fault, which is bizarre, but unfortunately it's the reality of like any kind of situation like that where they just think that, like, why didn't they want me? It's my fault, it's me. And then when they get in trouble here like you don't I'm in trouble because you don't like me, got it? No, it's not the case. So, yeah, he asks more questions about them than the younger one does. Younger one understands he's we've had to talk with him, but he's kind of like, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't affect him. He wasn't. He doesn't have the memories, he doesn't have the pieces to reference.
Speaker 1: We uh, probably we're predicting. Maybe the more questions will come up later. It'll affect him a little later in life when he's older. Yeah, you know, but now that he's younger and no, not so much. Like he's six, so not so much. But we haven't crossed that bridge about you know, getting to see their bios again. But I'm we're never opposed to it. It's just going to be whatever they.
Speaker 2: Want, yeah, and just whatever is the best thing for.
Speaker 1: Correct the kids correct, And then you have to analyze, like what where they are or are they in their life? You know, Like honestly, my oldest, the our oldest son that we adopted, like he thought that they were dead in his mind forever. Like he just thought they figured they were dead.
Speaker 2: So, you know, a lot of hard conversations.
Speaker 1: Hard conversations, but they have to be had, and it's always better when we have them. And it's always better when he talks about it more and the more he wants to talk about it, Like, so we're getting there, and.
Speaker 2: How old you said the baby is? Now? I thought you said that.
Speaker 1: How he's six? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: How have six years gone by?
Speaker 1: Man? You're telling me like they just fly by? Morgan like he was insane because we fostered for I mean we they were our foster children quote unquote for four through almost four years, you know, so like that's kind of why it feels like because it feels like we just adopted them because we kind of just did. But they've been part of our family for so long.
Speaker 2: That's insane, you know what I mean? Yeaeah, that feels like it hasn't been that long since I was adopted.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Heck, it hasn't even been that long since, like you were, like, my wife really wants.
Speaker 1: Us to foster. Gosh, I know, I know. It's such a weird thing to look back.
Speaker 2: Life is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: I'm going a little broke here, but because it is, we're kind of at that one year mark. How are you doing? How's your mom doing? How's your brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I talked to my mom yesterday. It's a hard time for her. It's hard time for all of us because it's the first year. Like we've never done anything like this, Like we've never so it's it's funny. It's interesting, interesting to see how everyone grieves differently. You know, Like my mom is like she wants to like have a kind of a thing for his one year anniversary, And I'm like, do we have a thing for a death anniversary? And and and we had the conversation yesterday and she's like, I don't know, Like I don't know Dowey, Like, uh so she she kind of dedicated, she's dedicating a like church mass for him back in Texas, and so like it we're just kind of learning, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a right answer either way. I think it feels weird not to recognize it, and it also probably feels weird to celebrate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, even for me, even the remembering is like weird, Like I like her, I love to remember his birthday. I love to remember, you know, like certain days. But for me, the day he died is like I'll always remember it. But I'm like, do I I don't know if I want to or not. It's a weird thing that I've never ever experienced. So talk to my mom about that yesterday. She's doing well considering you know how hard it is for I can't believe it's been a year. Mm hmm, Like that's crazy to us. And then just probably you.
Speaker 2: Had some better moments as time has been going on. Yeah, how does it feel like? It's just kind of stagnant.
Speaker 1: She has her ups and downs anytime people go visit her, like her sisters go visit her, or like any kind of friends go visit her for like a week at a time. She loves that just to get her mind off of it. But yeah, it's such just a big change in her life, Like it's I can't imagine what it's like to just lose someone that you've been spending every day with for like how long they were married, doesn't say how long were they forty years? Like wow, someone around there, Like you've been with someone for so long and then all of a sudden they're not there, Like it's got to be so hard for her, But I'm proud of her. I'm proud of my brother, who's like doing really well and he's you know, by himself in Pennsylvania and like, and I'm just proud of him because like I have, like my mom and I were talking about yesterday, I have distractions. I have four kids that keep me very distracted. I have a job that keeps me very distracted. I have a wife that's like awesome and she's very just just the best, and she keeps me distracted because like it's just a good I don't know, I like just a good life here that like I don't have to spend every you know, parts of my day thinking like oh, man, like how sad it is. But my brother does, you know, and my mom does, and my sister who's like, oh, like, I'm so proud of her too. She's a she's a nurse, you know, at an icy unit in Austin, so like she literally can't get away from it.
Speaker 2: She's living it every day.
Speaker 1: Every day, and there some days she comes home and she's just like I can't take it today, you know, like every sound, every beep, every smell, seeing families go through what we went through, like every day, she cannot get away from it, and like that's I feel for her, I really do. And but again I'm really proud of her for like still doing what she loves to do because she loves to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So to answer your question, we're doing We're doing good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's by the not right word, but you guys are we're moving on, yeah, and trying to figure out your way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's been a year, I know, right, and that crazy. And your brother's recovery is going well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he's doing really, really well. He keeps sending me videos of him playing guitar, which is like cool to see because right after his stroke that was the hardest thing to see because we'd always get together and jam out and he's like I can't dude, can't move my fingers, can't do any of that. And then slowly he's like, dude, check this out. I can play this again, And I'm like, there we go it's coming back.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So do you guys have plans to get together soon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think everyone's coming over for Thanksgiving is the next big family group. But then my mom's coming.
Speaker 2: In like three or four weeks hang out with the family.
Speaker 1: Oh do she comes for like a whole month. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love that. It's probably good for all of you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, And she's a big Cowboys fan, so it'd be running time for Dallas Cowboys football season, and like, it'll be fun, It'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Well, I kind of line. I guess I didn't get through the hardest, but I wanted to know.
Speaker 1: It was a good question.
Speaker 2: So, okay, we're gonna get out of here, all right, Morgan. Where can they find you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at producer Eddie on Everything TikTok Instagram and then twenty five Whistles our podcast. Yeah, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Love that, and you can go follow the show watch Eddie vomit on a livestream.
Speaker 1: Please do that. It's really of the day that I love. It's the best.
Speaker 2: Go to our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show. Bye everybody. That's the best bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby Bomb Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.