Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment prexamps The Rick.
Speaker 2: Butchers Show with Speedy Gregg Buchers, Edie Van Nadler and Rick Butcher.
Speaker 3: And here we go America. Huh hey, what's up? Warrior Alabama looks like they're ready to go today. You a w Pennsylvania Lake Gunners Book Rabbit Trail Road and Leoma, Tennessee. Demmy, there's Mmy Robbins Hill, North Carolina and what happened? Naxt change the landscape? Put up sea does Mike? Alabama.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Parksville, Tennessee, where it nearly died in the plane crash, Union City, Tennessee. From Alabama, Huntsville, Alabama, Haneyville, Altoona, Scotch Bread. I get mad, let's go. You babies are up and teething.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: All you can is barbecue up. It's a color of Florida. A warm eagle from Tusca, Lusia Louis of Kentucky. Already let's go. If you can see, uh, the world is ready. Thank you for being with us, Shelby County. I see you fight for Wire Incorporated faith YEA turn it up for you in lauda men. So we're ready to go. A lot to do today. The world is upside down. Ceasefire not a ceasefire, yes, the cease fire. Not really. We'll talk about that today. Big headlines. Guess who returns to the show today, Frank Caliendo. How much fun is it gonna be to have Frankie back? Frankie? So we'll get we'll get an update with Frank Caliendo. Chattanooga, Tennessee, Nashville, Tennessee. He's coming to see you in July, Phoenix, Arizona. I see you there, Aurora, Illinois. You guys are on Frank's list as he is going to be going out and doing what only he can do. He's one of the best. I mean when it comes to people impressions, we have a very very high standard. If you're going to do impressions, they need to be like like you know, if you're gonna do impressions, they can't be kind of good, no offense, speedy, they can't be kind of good. I mean, they have to be really good. Uh And and Frankie is as good does it gets. So he's coming up a little bit later on. It will be fun to catch up with him. In a bizarre twist, It's National patch Day. Yeah, weird officially, and we want to enjoy your patches, yep, even though I think we all feel Larry shifting to dog sleds for some reason. Yeah, dogs dogs dogs, ye, which I'm not I'm not thrilled with. I think that. I thought, is there anything I could be less interested in than patches?
Speaker 5: And it's dog sleds. You know, as far as I.
Speaker 3: Don't mind hearing about it every now and then, but I don't want to constantly hear about dog sleds and sled dogs. I find myself kind of wanting to get back to the patch thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know patches at least with at least you got dogs with dog sleds exactly.
Speaker 3: Patches, aren't that? I mean you can look at them, yeah, but at least you can display them. At least there's some variety with patches. And once you've seen a sled dog, haven't you seen them? All? You can say, Yeah, he's on patch Day. I shouldn't. I shouldn't slander patches on patch Day of all days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let the man have a day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, to me, Larry will always be the patch man. He'll never be the sled man, That's all I'm saying. But she's end on your son. My daddy was a working man. So anyway, we'll we'll talk about that today. Speedy leaves tomorrow for Larry Quest it's tomorrow, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anybody's wondering how the roads are from Birmingham, Alabama the Huntsville speeding. Now, I can tell you we tracked those.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 3: Uh we did, we did.
Speaker 8: Terry pulled up, uh, Larry and Carolyn's address and uh, she said, Wow, she's not not easy way to get there, is it, Honey.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, that's really it.
Speaker 8: And it's kind of in between, and you got to go around and do all this. And then then it's the question we always ask, do you dare go to Atlanta?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: And you go around your elbow to get.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 3: I just screamed, no, avoid, no, no, oh Atlanta, No Atlanta. You got enough people, enough now, enough now, and let's finish it. And I think is Atlanta ever finished?
Speaker 8: And I guess we determined with the man church over in Atlanta this year when we were riding along and stuck in traffic and we weren't going anywhere, and there was no wrecks, there was not even any construction. It was just people. We just decided there's just too many people here.
Speaker 5: There are I'm starking that we got six lanes. There's just too many people.
Speaker 3: Everybody here. Everybody, you're all right, Okay, some of you, it's all right, see some of it on the text Nation. I'm starting now to get to the hay Burgess. Okay, it's straight up you and me birds. I'm genuinely concerned about speeding. Okay, it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 8: Well, I think, you know, talking to them again because you know, I'll communicate with them. Uh, talking to them yesterday. They're so excited and they can't wait. They got their Rick Burgess show t shirts in the mail yesterday, a gift to them for all their support, and they're just so fired up about that. And so they're just where I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: They're just a sweet little couple.
Speaker 5: I'm seeing two things this trip. They just love this show. I love patches and sleds. I love text Nation.
Speaker 3: That says, you know, I'm basically paraphrasing, but if anybody thinks what they do for a living is anywhere close to what we do for a living. We're the only people, and you, specifically that have to explain to your wife why you've decided to go to Dublin, Georgia and spend the night with listeners, right right. No one that's good.
Speaker 5: No one else has to walk that up.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have to have that conversation.
Speaker 8: Had We had a sales rep in studio post show yesterday for our flagship and she was confused on what was going on. And it is hard to walk out when you say, now, I'm going to spend the night with some listeners.
Speaker 3: You just said that. You just left that hanging out there. Well, I'm going to sleep. I'm going to sleep at a listener's house. Yeah. She looks at me like what it's a hard one. Yeah, it's it's tough.
Speaker 6: No, listen to hear me out. They collect patches and they're really in the dog sled.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Just so you know, none of that makes anything nothing to be concerned about. From text nation, that's a shocker. How do I get Rick Burgess Show t shirts? Okay? Wow, okay, just go to's tough on You go to Rick Burgess Show dot com and click on shop. Yep, that's right there. I'm not confident all the all the stuff there. Well, you know, that's one of those things that proves again what we do for a living. We think that everybody hears everything we talk about every minute of every day. So it seems like we mentioned the store a lot. But here's a listener going, I don't think I've ever really heard y'all had a store, New people coming on Greg, new people being being brought to the loop. I did get to interact yesterday with a sales team, you know in Huntsville where the show is is number one, thank you. We we just seen the latest ratings there and that's that's the great news. And and interacting with clients and listeners yesterday, you'd be surprised the things that that they catch, the things they catch partially, those are the best, those have the best stories. Yeah, they get secondhand right, Uh, those are always good. By the way. He did have a guy there who you know sells for us there in Huntsville, who you know is and I'm sorry, Speedy, he's made the mistake of being with me and being bald and having a goateee. So yeah, and I finally just I said, why don't we just go with it? He said, I'm in So he was speedy there for a while. We just got tired of explaining, right, you know, Okay, so you told everybody that I was there. Yeah, and they were very glad to meet you. And I will tell you this. He did well, he was in the same town as you. I just didn't get to the event. It's possible that, really he's a nicer guy than any of us. So it was a good representation.
Speaker 5: That's great, that's a wholesome it represented me.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good. If you can find a body double for me and Adler, we can really yeah. Yeah, well, also we'll come back. We we thought we were going to come on the air today and announce the ceasefire. And as we were all riding into work, somebody in Iran ron shot another missile. So and and Iran saying, hey, we didn't officially shoot it. They're saying that was not as we think. Somebody went rogan shot one at Israel. Israel says, well, if you shoot one as we have to shoot back, that's right. So they got So the twelve day War ended. Then it started again.
Speaker 5: Right four hours in to the sea fire, right, so we'll hopefully kill her.
Speaker 3: Heads will prevail.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the news was Iran said it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't now, but cause I don't know. As soon as soon as I got up was driving in. The headlines were, well the ceasefire lasted for four whopping out right, uh and uh. And then as you said, they've walked that back a little bit just within the hour after that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see, we'll try to figure it all out.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. This is the Rick Burgess Show. He was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class clown Rick burget.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're here, we're walking through another one together. We're thankful that you're here with us. Have you are a loved one? Gotten to the point to where stepping into the traditional tub could be hazardous? Yeah, so this is one of those things you know you need to do it, you're not sure what to do. Well, I now have the answer. It's a great company out of beautiful Tennessee. Safe Step Walk in Tubs, great people, man, they do good work. They can transform your bathtub from an area of concern to a calming refuge.
Speaker 5: And because you are part of the Rick Bridgers Show. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We're gonna save you sixteen hundred dollars save Steph walk in tubs. Here's the number one, eight hundred nine five six, twelve twenty. Now you do want to mention this show, save yourself sixteen hundred dollars. Also, they're gonna throw in a little free shower package for you there. So why don't you contact them now? They'll the work that they're due, that they do by a day. You're only they's not only gonna take about a day and they'll be done now. They also are saying, when you contact us today, there's no obligation. We're just gonna consult you. We're gonna tell you what we can do if you decide. I don't think so that's fine, But boy, why not quit worrying about this and get it done? And the work they do, I mean, the place is going to beautiful as it's going to be a place of calm, refuge, all those things as opposed to a place of it. I need to I need to take a bathroom. I love when these take a bath. I'm worried about them getting now that tub, take that off, you get that out of your life. Call one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. Also the link with all the information you need there for our friends at Safe Step walkin Tubbs is at rickburgessshow dot com under sponsors Text Nation. Still asking about merch, you guys can just simply text the word store right to our text number eight eight eight six two four four eight sixt nine and you'll get the link right to the store there too. If that's simpler, all right. Frank Caliendo coming up also later today. Also want to tell you that I have the honor today.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: Look, we're dealing with Andy andrews. Andy's a lot like me.
Speaker 3: He means well and a lot of times he thinks he knows, but sometimes can step out.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he told me that today we should kind of been his team, not him.
Speaker 3: But he told me that today our conversation on his podcast The Noticer It will be released today. That's from Andy Rick. He's pretty solid what are you talking about? And can be a little all over the road. Yeah, I would have liked to have heard from a producer. I would like to have heard that from the team as opposed to he and eye cutting up and him going no. I think you're gonna be on This is just coming to you soon. I think that's why not. I think, okay, so that I think I don't feel as confident with it as I would love to have right now.
Speaker 5: But but that's what he said. Okay, not what she said.
Speaker 3: What he said. So anyway, so that's been going on.
Speaker 5: Uh So look for that.
Speaker 3: Wherever you get podcasts. So ceasefire, no ceasefire here, a ceasefire there.
Speaker 12: Far.
Speaker 3: So you know, we we dropped the bombs. It was beautifully executed by our military. Uh the world took notice. I know some of you, it's not your thing. For me personally, I think this was a great moment for America. It was something that we needed to kind of let the world know that our drift and some of the ridiculous things we've been doing through other administrations are over and we mean business.
Speaker 5: We're returning to peace through strength. We're going to try to be wise with our military. We're not going to peddle around. We're going to use the most powerful weapons that we have.
Speaker 3: If you look at every place right now in this administration, you feel pretty good about the people that are there. I mean, when you're looking at the team, and you're like, I slept pretty good last night with this team. So if the fact that Iran so quickly, regardless of what happened with this little skirmish overnight, that they are coming to the table for ceasefire this fast and this thing they tried to save face by tossing a little something at one of our military bases in Guitar.
Speaker 5: We shot it down with no problem, is it.
Speaker 3: JD. Vance the saying now that look, we were even giving a heads up on that. I mean, the people there can't can't. They don't know what's going on in the world. I mean, the over oppressive regime. They just cut the Internet off and the people have no access to news from the outside world. So they just have to believe what they're being told through the propaganda. And so they're telling them we're retaliating, you know, they have to save face. These evil regimes have to do this. But then, according to JD. Vans are like, heads up, here comes something, We're gonna shoot at you, so you can shoot it down. They don't want trouble. No, they understand that the United States of America and its allies, which include Israel, are an overwhelming military force that they have no hope against. Yes, correct, And when you're dealing with these of evil regimes, I wish it wouldn't this way either.
Speaker 5: It's the only thing they understand. And I'm sorry, I wish the world wasn't that way.
Speaker 3: I really do. You're never going to go soft with these radical Islamic tyrannical regimes. All they see when you do that is weakness. They never see it as kindness. They never see it as hey, maybe we should like them. That just does not work. When someone, as David Nassar said, whose family fled in nineteen seventy nine from Iran. He said, the fifteen percent and the ruling tyrannical government, when they say death to America, death to Israel, they mean it. And if they see you as evil and think that they're being mandated by their version of God to annihilate you, overwhelming force and breaking their will to do it is all you got. And then when they do stop, you have to understand their stopping to try to strengthen themselves again, to try it again later. So you kind of get moments in times of peace, but you'll never We're not going to have peace in the Middle East until the Lord Jesus Christ ends this thing once and for all. I hate to break that to everybody, but we should strive to have periods of peace, yes, and so I think this is accomplishing that, or I hope it will. It looks like it's going to, but never think that it's over, because it won't be. And you need to remember that when people, when administrations time out and it's time to elect another administration, always remember this will always be a problem and you better elect people who know how to handle it because it's never going to What what you're looking for are periods of peace, and I hope we're going to enter one right now after this.
Speaker 6: And you're seeing a lot of things play out in the same fashion. When Trump took out Solemoney in twenty twenty Iran, that was a great well executed, you know, cutting with a razor blade type of attack.
Speaker 3: When Trump took out Solomony in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Iran did have to respond to quote like you guys are talking about save face. But they did give us a heads up so that we could get you know, our people out of there, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And you know, I played that bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran that.
Speaker 6: Funny parody song, because in this situation, this was a very targeted attack. It was very successful, zero civilian casualties. And that's what I was celebrating. Never against the Iranian people of any time. And it is an evil regime that we're gonna have to deal with.
Speaker 3: Over and over and over again. And this is the way you deal with them. They they don't understand anything else. You know, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Ladies. Listen up. You've heard us talk about this, listen. Share the Arrows is one of the most powerful women's events happening this year, hosted by Blaze TVs on Ali Bath Stuckey. It's going to be happening in October and Dallas, Texas, actually October the eleventh. If there's a woman in your life who's been craving real encouragement and biblical.
Speaker 5: Truth, your wife, your daughter, your sister, this is for her.
Speaker 3: It's a full day of worship, teaching, powerful conversation with bold women like Ginger Dugger, also Alessa Childers, Katie Faust will be there, Taylor Dukes and more. Now worship is led by the ultra talented Francesca Batistelli. It's gonna be something really, really special. So you know how loud the culture can get a lot of noise out there. This is a chance to push to Paul's button, lean into truth and get recentered on your purpose. Send someone you love or go yourself. Tickets and details are found at Share the Arrows with an S, Share the Arrows dot com and Yes, VIP option are still available.
Speaker 1: Men Don't Run in the Rain, the new book by Rick Burchess available no wherever you get books.
Speaker 3: Thank you America. By the way, everything's all right. I had text Nation, said Rick. We checked the Noticer. It dropped overnight. You're on it. Okay, good good. I just saw that you follow me on x. I just sent the linked out. If you don't already have that podcast.
Speaker 13: Look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm sharing Lean getting Shark, I'm sharing. I'm hot teg so anyway, so, yes, Andy, thank you. I am on the Noticer today about the book Men Don't Run in the Rain. And here is an email from Bradley on this note. On Sunday afternoon, I took my eight year old son grocery shopping with me in Aala, Alabama, where they hear us right there on the on ninety three, He says, the is he ninety three? The parking lot was pretty full on a Sunday afternoon, so I had to part good ways from the entrance. As we were leaving the store, it came one of those five minute downpours where it seems like the whole day's worth of brain was being poured out in a short amount of time. As we're headed toward the car, my son says, come on, Dad, let's go faster. As soon as he started to run, I had to stop him and teach him a life lesson. I simply said, men don't run in the rain. Sun He grabbed hold of the buggy and walked patiently alongside alongside of me in the pouring rain to the car. It seemed to be forever away. We got inside the car and he said, hey, Dad, I never knew that men don't run in the rain. I told him, well, real, men don't. This kid's amazing, and I hope that I'm raising him right. Wow, that's power. It's going on everywhere. It's a movement there. It is so well done. Yesterday, Speedy, you were helping your parents in Huntsville, I was also in Huntsville, and I was going up to meet with the sales team there for the River UH for with the with iHeart Radio and our affiliate there in Huntsville, and I know they're they're working on it. This weird thing that keeps happening technically there there's there's all kinds of theories on what's going. But you guys, really you perseverere. I mean, Huntsville, you have you. You were so good to the Rick and Bubba show, and you're certainly good to this show. And we're excited about some things we have planned all all over the the affiliates and different markets as Lord Willing were allowed to continue on. But I met UH where they had the meeting with clients and with sales team and and air talent from the different stations there in Huntsville that are all under the same company. We had a great time, and I met executive chef and Daniel I don't know how to say your last name, it's some sort of French name, La Baudier, la Boudierer, daniel Lebodier, but anyway, incredibly nice man and we had a great conversation.
Speaker 5: Loves the show.
Speaker 3: He loves the show and so he's basically if you go to the Jackson Center, which is where they had it, it's exhibition halls, all these different things. You can do events there and if you come there, he's the chef that make sure that the food's done and so very nice. Man. Got to meet him, got to meet his wife, got to meet his son, and they love the show. But I just want to give y'all a heads up. So he's standing there and he's talking to me and he said, and you knew he was in the loop because he said, hey, Burge and I said, yeah, Daniel, what's up.
Speaker 5: He said, I know you're trying to do a little better. I am Daniel.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And he said, you're going to see some options tonight that I think you can work with. Okay, good, but I have one thing that you simply must try. And I said this, I don't know where this is going.
Speaker 5: He said, I would like to humbly offer you the best cookie you've ever had.
Speaker 3: That's quite a statement. That's a statement. And I love cookies and and look a cookie. And I know Daniel meant well. And I was like, okay, man, you're a nice guy. I'm sure, your cookie is pretty good. But I've eaten a lot of cookies. We've had some good cookie I've eaten. I've had I've had my fair share of cookie, eight years worth of cookie. I have been fat most of my life. Okay, So don't think I haven't had a cookie or two. And he said, I would like for you to try one, and he goes, and you know, Sean didn't have to know about it, and I said, all right, until now, until now, and workout day to day too with Sean ugly hot. So anyway, was that cookie? Yeah, why do you want to do that to yourself? I just enjoyed it, scheun. Some of us still have fun with food. So I been into it. Now, keep in mind this is not good for you, Speedy, because he's standing there looking at me. I mean he's watching, he watched you, and he's like, you know what if it would have been horrible, I don't know what. I know it wouldn't be. But that's just what if? I thought, how can a chef that does this much cookie? He can't mess this up and put salt instead of sugar. Have you ever have you ever beenen into something like a cookie and when you been into it. You said, yes, that's good. As you begin to chew, it got even better, as the flavors begin to celebrate. And as I was a mouth that's called a mouth party. So I admit I gave him this is good quick. I say, man, this is really good. Hey man, this is great. And and I thought, give the keeps on giving. This cookie is so good. Now here's the good and bad news. What size cookie were talking about? We're talking about about this bigger Now, let me tell you what I about it. It looked thick, and I'm not a big thick cookie guy. Uh huh, Because I thought, oh, no, it's gonna be mushy, which I prefer crispy, like a good mix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a thick crispy cookie.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 5: Oh it's still crisp.
Speaker 3: Got it all. It's got chocolate, chips and cookie, It's got all kinds of stuff in it. Why are you talking about this? So he said, So when I get we were and I was in there gripping this one. I was in there gripping and grinning, you know, holding court. And so he said, hey, when you leave, there's a bag sitting on a table out in the lobby that has Rick on it. Grabbed that bag that's for you and the guys, oh and the guys. And so I go out there and sure enough, there it is, and I look inside and everybody has their own individual little little little carton.
Speaker 5: Of about four cookies, about four really, each person has four.
Speaker 3: Where are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, where are the Where are they?
Speaker 3: They're in the conference room right now, let's see them. Okay.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to say there, you're there at your house or yeah, and I thought that's where that story was.
Speaker 3: Going on the way home. Sorry, yes, one of them, Yes, text nation, Yes for the love, that's all good and kind.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know that he keeps cutting it out. Yeah, we're aware, we know.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. And it's frustrating everybody involved. Just frustrating engineers. It's frustrating everybody.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, we almost called in an engineer that that a lot of us acknowledged was with the meanest human beings we've all ever known. No, he just wanted it right.
Speaker 5: And you call him mean, well, no, I don't, I mean mean right now in a good way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he didn't tolerate, scared of it, He didn't tolerate to get it right. He didn't tolerate his stations not sounding good. The great carl simpis if yeah, yeah, And I think he was even been called out of retirement to take a look at it. And so, yes, they're aware of it, they're working on it, and they can't seem to figure it out there it is, I said it. Yeah, But anyway, having a little trouble and you guys persevering through that is greatly appreciated.
Speaker 8: Well, back to the cookie, Back to the cook. When you tasted the greatest cookie ever? Was it warm or was it room temperature? I was, I don't know if I need to heat mine up or not.
Speaker 3: It was room temperature when I tried mine when I was going home, when he said if I would like to have another, the ones he'd put in the bag were warm. So you did have another? I did not. It turned down warm. I did not.
Speaker 5: So you you had that riding shotgun the whole way home? I sure did.
Speaker 3: Could you hear it talking to you? Could you smell them? This is when I knew I wouldn't fully committed. I said, I don't think I'm going to eat it. I said, I don't think I'm going to eat another one because I'm doing better. And he said okay, and he said you want to you want to water or anything for the road, And I said, no, I think I'm good. And then all of a sudden, I thought, if I decided to go in, I wish I had that water in your arm.
Speaker 5: And so you saw, you saw me waver a little bit because I took a water.
Speaker 3: You know what, just in case what you can do?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 3: But I did just eat one. Man, don't eat one, try to do better. Oh, come on, it's just one day, So Sean trainer, Sean, I know, I know you're up. You are starting with everybody else. I got you.
Speaker 5: I did not eat another one. I ate one, and I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Now. Am I gonna eat one today during the show?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Likely, but but but I'm but I'm gonna try not to.
Speaker 6: But that's like eating during this Eating during the show is like eating during a workout.
Speaker 3: You know, same thing. We're working hard, we're burning calories. What would it make it to Rick's pick list? That's a great question. I wonder if he would give me the I wonder if he would give me the calm down.
Speaker 5: Daniel would give me the recipe.
Speaker 3: Secret, gracious, I would like I would like the recipe.
Speaker 5: I have a choves don't really can we get it?
Speaker 3: Can we go get a cookie? Can I get a cook cookie handler? There's plenty of cookies for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, if Greg's telling you to calm down, and that means he's running, did you see the way he was running?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with this?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Hey, that's your Is that your that's a better run coming back?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Your run going out? I don't have a belt on something. Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, I got it. The way you ran out here, I thought, well, he's running to the bathroom. I wish you all like that all the time. I did too. I'm missing does it? You' all have an extra belt? Okay, here's the up in hang on, let's come back. Can I eat one of these cookies?
Speaker 5: Is that your hold them up for everybody ever?
Speaker 3: You're not on camera, come over, come over between us. Let's say, okay, here we go. Oh this is like uh oh ah, those are the It looks like a biscuit. It looks like a biscuit.
Speaker 5: You'll me to stop or you want to try it right now? Because I stopped the baby and.
Speaker 3: Take a bike. Take a Yeah, make it look like a half moon. You go ahead, there he goes, he's in it. Oh, let me say it. It's gonna be it's gonna get better. Let me see the inside. Oh it's just it's full. It's full of chocolate chip. Isn't that good?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 3: That looks so good? Isn't that good?
Speaker 5: I'd like for I'm twelve seconds. I'm gonna heat it up.
Speaker 3: Hey, Phil, Greg, you wanna go have a It's like a bech kit. Isn't it good? But but yet crispy.
Speaker 6: It's like thick crispy but chewie, like a cake, but the cookie chrispy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Here's the rick Burgers Show. This is what Trump headed mind when he sought to make America great again. The rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you America for being with us. A lot's already happened today. We've we've talked about the ceasefire and then not a ceasefire and then possibly back to a ceasefire. Uh we we uh, we talked about that with Iran and Israel and America, and so we we'll we'll continue to kind of follow that and I'll bet you there. Frank Caliendo coming up later in the program today Burgess Ball Battle coming up later the Vox seats Philip again. Uh we opened up the month of August. Uh and those have all been secured. Uh so and and and they were only there were fewer days in August because with the start of the new show. Uh we have delayed vacation until about eight months in so uh, Sherry and I will go on vacation uh at the first week of August. Uh and we'll talk to you more about what what will happen here programming wise. But uh so that uh, that's the reason why there were fewer days too. Some of you been going, hey, what's so how come I'll just say to what in available? Well, the reason why is because we won't be here and so so that's that's gonna be a vacation week in the first one of the year. So so there you go, all right, So uh let's uh let's get into some other things. The cookies have been open.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: By the way, Happy National Patch Day.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 3: The the cookies that cookie in honor of yeah, so speedy leaves tomorrow for Larry Quest real real, Yes, it's real, so real, so very real.
Speaker 5: People are asking them text nation. First of all, how do you like the cookies?
Speaker 3: Delicious? Outstanding? Stand a chance because you're right here with a combo of a little Chris, a little chewy. Yeah, I like them a little brown? They were yeah, yeah, good cookie good. Let me tell you one thing. Don Dae brings peanuts tomorrow. You're having a heck of a week. I don't know what to do, but anyways, don't do it done, don't do it easy, easy yourself back into this maybe later, right, but if he does bring them, oh, I'm gonna tear them a new one. And you want dark, well, if you're gonna do to, just make them both.
Speaker 5: I almost did not bring one. Just bring yeah, almost one dark.
Speaker 3: Almost did not bring almost did not bring the cookies day because it is a vox seat day. Now. Sometimes you know, we don't nobody's required to bring anything. But but you don't have to bring anything, uh but uh, but sometimes people do. So I almost delayed it for a no Vox day, but then I just couldn't. The cookies were to go and tow them around you eat them, all right, No I wouldn't. I'm not going to I'm good. I've had one enough. What if you ate all four of the bucks?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Those but those are yeah, those but are they not great?
Speaker 3: They're great. It's a good cookie, mister. Yeah, all right, so so tech cookie. Yeah, thank you, Daniel, and very kind of little stuff. And I'm not sure. It's just good. It's just it was so good. It's like a ensemble of goodness. There's there's yeah, what's going on in there? I know there's chips. What's the rest of that in there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was there a hen of coconut? Yeah? I called that. Yeah, Okay, you're right. Just there's a lot going on in there. Yeah, some sort of pecans or something or in the trusted it macadamia something something A sure good Yeah, thank you Dan. People on text Nation want to know about tomorrow. People actually Thursday. No, no, this is just a technical question. And because for you and I have been kind of you've been we've been talking about different scenarios. Obviously, the entire audience wants to know when the sun rises on Thursday, A we will The big question is speedy still with us? You know what I mean? And then once you once you begin to broadcast from their actual home. Is there going to be a video component audio only? That's what text Nation is asking.
Speaker 5: Okay, my attempt.
Speaker 8: Is going to to be your exact same setup for the seven hundred club uh show where you took the little hot spot with you.
Speaker 5: You took the Comra in it and granted smoothly, and you you SYNCD up.
Speaker 8: With us and we had audio, and then I'm going to try to get a zoom video component of either the where where we're sitting or the house in general. Okay, and that way Adler can show that while we're talking on the comrade.
Speaker 3: So yes, there will be a video component.
Speaker 5: That the attempt is going to be there.
Speaker 8: If it attempted a video component, I don't know, you know, because they don't have wireless there, the the cell phone footage, the cell phone reception and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: What's it like? How many sales I got?
Speaker 8: Adler did a quick check, and it looks like it's in a good spot, So I think I think we'll be okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, so just so not tonight, but tomorrow night you're sleeping at a stranger's house.
Speaker 5: Bottom line, yep, yekay, it's one sleep and then I'm there.
Speaker 1: I feel good.
Speaker 3: I think the setup is gonna be great, and you can be with a live all five.
Speaker 8: No, we're not live all five. Nobody, y'all can tell me. All right, and this is when we wanted you to check in, okay, and we will listen to this though. You're going to get there, okay, as long as you got something to do with the show. You know, we're doing this, we're doing that.
Speaker 3: But there's gonna be a time where all that's taken care of, and there's gonna be a lot of hours you're just visiting. Yeah kind of conversation. Hey, you wrap it up, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I mean, I mean, you got patches, you got some ski.
Speaker 17: Are you gonna stay with us for lunch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How long are you staying after the show? You're playing there? I'm out because I got five hours to come back. I mean, what about when you're at the table, what about when you're at the table having dinner with them? You need to Yeah, I've noticed we're nowhere around then. No, no, no, you know we broadcasting that.
Speaker 8: Hey, how you doing a little bit of over graeting on my part, you know, And we'll come on in here and then and then I guess we'll hey, show me around, and then you know, I'm sure they'll say, here's your room, because they're they're gonna be a great host.
Speaker 3: I know they are. Uh.
Speaker 5: And and then you are you hungry? I think they said food is gonna be ready.
Speaker 3: You got that?
Speaker 5: So we'll sit down and we'll eat.
Speaker 8: And then maybe after we're eat what we've eaten, we'll for for my Instagram stories and all that, I'll start showing video of what following speedy and and then I'll start letting letting Larry kind of show us around a little bit, and then that way the next morning, y'all got that? Because I know you're gonna be like hens, y'all gonna be we can't wait, going crazy. And then we'll check in whenever you can. I ask you this question, hopefully ill sleep? Can I give can I give you some advice? I'll update you through up and you from what I've noticed and what we've all noticed, who've made Larry make sure we get information like Leley for instance, Go ahead and give Larry as many updates as you can on your journey, because I assure.
Speaker 17: You, how far out are you speedy, Right, yeah, how far much longer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Et a, what's your e t A. Remember we're on Eastern time.
Speaker 3: You're gonna Yeah, he's gonna want a lot of them.
Speaker 8: I've noticed something with Greg. He has started to shift a little bit into carry Hitler, on the other hand, is gone the other way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I thought we were worst workplace, best friends, me and Hadla. He's now wanting things to not get well on.
Speaker 3: Ambler's the kind of guy. He's wanting chaos. Yeah, like if you were gonna jump into you know what. Amer's turned to the guy like if you were jumping into a pool.
Speaker 5: He's like, no, no, gulp higher, Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, make the bigger splash. That's all you got.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 18: Will gill to the Rick Birds Show, broadcasting from the Rag World.
Speaker 19: With Speedy Greg Addler and Rick Berges. Buckle up, America, it's time for the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the.
Speaker 19: Rig Birdest Show, broadcasting from the rig World with Speedy Greg and learn Rick Berges. Buckle up, America. It's time for the show.
Speaker 3: Alright, America, are we ready? A rand new hour has started. Thank you for being with us. The Gang all here, speedy, Greg Adler and the crew. We are ready to go for a brand new hour. Text Nation what okay, So the text Nation as we start the hour, if you want to be part of that, you can you can text us at eight eight eight the text line six two four four eight six nine. It's the same as the phone line eight eight eight six. Big Box said that Trump just dropped an F bomb on live TV from text Nation. I don't know that. Apparently this has to do with the ceasefire. And then Iran or Ron says somebody rogue launched another missile or two or three at at Israel. He may have responded to that because he says he's not happy with Ron, and right now he's not happy with Israel either because they're not abiding by the seafire. So maybe in the process, maybe he let one flop. I don't know that. The text Nation said, So it's blue, Greg. Yeah, so he's supposed to be he's supposed to be headed to the Netherlands today. Okay, I got it.
Speaker 5: Well, we can't play that, I can.
Speaker 3: I can edit it, right. I don't think he didn't say you almost said it.
Speaker 6: No, he says it, y'all I just heard it, he says it, and then turns to the helicopter.
Speaker 5: Oh my, not half come on, not happy at all? Right, So how are you going to beep it?
Speaker 3: With what you should?
Speaker 4: Should?
Speaker 3: I have the dumb button ready with the present YouTube. I'm sorry, Yeah, we're ready, okay, he says. At the end vers hour, just drop everything you have on him. So I'm not happy with them.
Speaker 11: I'm not happy with i Ron either, But I'm really unhappy if Israel is going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land.
Speaker 3: I'm not happy about that.
Speaker 11: What we have, we basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, they don't know what the blank they're doing. Okay, clear as day, clear as a bell, clear as a bag of nothing.
Speaker 3: Clear. So this is that.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you where he is and if you if you've ever been there, he is in that place.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've had this experience in your family, Maybe you've had this experience with a friend where they just can't see him.
Speaker 5: Get their act together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you have tried, and you have fixed and you have helped and you have set back up and you've helped again, and you've got them set up again, and they just can't get their act together and you just get to the end of yourself on it, right, And I think you saw a little bit of that right there.
Speaker 8: Well, it's hard to trust uh An evil regime with their what they say they're going to do.
Speaker 3: So that's that's Iran.
Speaker 8: And then Israel, you know, they're gonna go, well, we're going to respond if if they're going to break the ceasefire and they're firing on us, we're going to respond with force. And I think I think Trump's saying, you know, first of all, I ran and we've we've said this, They've came up, come out and said, hey, that wasn't a government sponsor, that wasn't us. Now, if you believe them, it's it's tough. Do you believe them? Do you not believe them? And Israel on that front, you're gonna have to say, well, it didn't even get to you and and we're just gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to let that one.
Speaker 8: Let's let's let's still move forward with the ceasefire. And it is a tough spot to be in, I know, for Israel because Iran has broke everybody's trust for so long, you don't know, are they serious? Are they not serious? We still need to defend ourselves and so it's it's a tough spot and he's in the middle trying to make it work.
Speaker 5: Yep, And that's what you heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, he wanted to head off to the Netherlands today and it's some sort of something. What is this summit he's going to. It's all the Allies, is it? I forget which one it is. But and he's you know, he wants to he wants to walk in there and say, twelve day war got to cease fire handled. And now they're messing that up. It's a NATO summit in the in the Hague.
Speaker 5: Well, but it's it's great for the world. I mean, if if they can, well, if they can, if you want me.
Speaker 3: To be you know, a Debbie Downer because we do broadcast from the real world. Iran is never going to stop fighting Israel. Ever. All you're gonna get is we said last hour are periods of peace, and the only way you get periods of peace is to break them down so much they can't wage war, because if they can wage war. They will and that's what And but let me give your heads up, that's never going to change, never, never, until the end of all time. You just you just find a way to manage it. And you get you you get, you get times of peace, but you're not and when we have ultimate peace. There's gonna come a time. Some of us may be here, some of us may not. There's there is gonna come a time where somebody's gonna show up in the Middle East and they're gonna get it, bring it all under control, and you're gonna think you have peace, and it's gonna look great, and everybody's gonna be jumping up and down, celebrating, and they're gonna have They're gonna come go into a seven year and then right in the middle of the seven year peace treaty, he's gonna violate it and off we go. Now, you don't want to be here for all that, but but it's uh, it's gonna get ugly. But until that time comes, it's gonna be moments of peace, and you go for those. You should try for those, because that's great. That means we can do that. But all iron will do is say unless unless there's revolution, you know, and and you get a new new way to govern there.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 5: If not, it will always be Okay, y'all guide us, y'all.
Speaker 3: Broke us down, We're gonna we're gonna agree to some sort of ceasefire, and then we're gonna regroup and then we'll try again later. That's the way it'll always be. And as I said last hour, that's why we as Americans, as long as we're allowed to be here.
Speaker 5: You got to remember that Trump has three more years.
Speaker 3: That's it. Okay, it's nothing for the Iranians and people out of that to go. Let's just wait that out. Yeah, and then and then let's just wait on the nest administration. So you better, you better continue to vote for administrations that know how to handle the world as a vote as opposed to voting for those that keep trying to appease the world, especially evil people, because appeasement when you're dealing with evil people that deem you evil, is seen as weakness, not as something to be applauded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and that and that's and if you don't.
Speaker 3: Ever learn that, you're just gonna keep putting other people at risk, including this country, because then we get we're just seen as chumps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Iran is the largest state sponsor of terror in the world. So with this razor sharp strike that Trump pulled off, the world is rejoicing.
Speaker 3: A large part of the world. People know what Iran does.
Speaker 6: And as much as people want to make, you know, Israel look like the big bad guy of the world, which you see a lot of that Israel Israel hate. Even the people that don't want to come alongside Trump with this kind of strike know they know that the world is now a safer place now that Iran does not have the capability to do.
Speaker 3: A nuclear weapon.
Speaker 6: They were enriching uranium to a level of way above anything that you need for any kind of medical uses or anything like that, and everybody knows it. And this strike it was a good thing. And I hope that we can leave it at that and not get involved in regime change. We've talked about this before. We don't want to get in another Iraq Afghanistan twenty year pointless war.
Speaker 5: But we did what we did this weekend prevent that.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, that's why that was necessary.
Speaker 6: It's huge, and it's also vaguely and weirdly similar to this The plot of Star Wars when they have the event when they dropped the vent, and also Top Gun they had the bomb go through the.
Speaker 3: Vent like that.
Speaker 6: It's very it's weird that it's the same as Star Wars and Top Gun.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring you something to the table?
Speaker 20: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? What eight eight six big bought?
Speaker 3: All right, America, unscreen phone calls. Chat. There's a lot happening already on today's show. Still to come, Frank Kelly Indo visits. That'll be fun. And also the box seats fill up Burgess Ball Battle coming up. The last two battles money, matter of fact, the last one one thousand dollars off the wonderful wheel over there of bundles, bits and bucks. As we started the year saying, what's the only thing better than meats? Money? So we'll see how that goes coming up a little bit later on. All right, So, unscreen phone calls, I kind of made the decision. You know, if you're ever fishing and you find yourself fishing in areas and you keep catching the same kind of fish, and you're like, that's not the fishing. I'm really after maybe I should fish somewhere else. So I thought today we would fish in a different hope, you know, and maybe maybe go with the earlier end of the show people versus the later end of the show people, and the difference. Yes, see if we can fish in there. So so all ten lines are made available to you now America. You can call us eight eight eight six Big Vox are eight eight eight six two four four eight six' nine and we'll get to you. Quickly but FIRST i want to send you To shopmando dot. Com thanks for the emails people are now Sending. Fellows they are sending it in going, hey this is everything you guys said it would. Be, well, yeah it's made for. Men they're aluminum, free so that's. Good the deodorans are, there and they have deodorant to design for a man from pits to our. Feet, okay so YOU i mean we're talking about that tackles odor all, over, okay in seventy two hours worth of. Protection the mandelic acid that powers these products have been scientifically researched for long lasting protection and. Confidence so if you have not tried, it it's also, hypoallergenic skin. Safe go To shopmando dot. Com shopmando dot com you'll save an additional twenty percent and free shipping using our code Big vox Big vox twenty percent off free shipping side wide At shopmando dot. Com, fellas these are the products you've been looking. For, also go To rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors button to the phones we. Go let's get. Started, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreened phone calls go.
Speaker 15: Ahead, hey good, Morning, Rick it's the same From Palm.
Speaker 3: Mound good, buddy hope you're.
Speaker 2: Well Good.
Speaker 15: LISTEN i tried to call you guys back last.
Speaker 7: WEEK i JUST i just got too, busy didn't have a. Chance but just an update from the situation THAT i.
Speaker 21: CALLED i don't know.
Speaker 7: If you remember What i'm talking.
Speaker 1: ABOUT i do.
Speaker 21: NOT i do.
Speaker 7: Not so, WELL i was the one that called you and told you about my wife wife and spent the night away from my Own.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes what's happened?
Speaker 12: Since?
Speaker 3: Oh SO i got.
Speaker 7: Home SO i got home that, night and you, KNOW i just went back to YouTube and, said, honey, COMING i want you.
Speaker 3: To so we listened to the.
Speaker 7: Whole conversation and then the whole segment, afterwards and she Was she was a little bit aggravated with me at. First HE'S i, CAN'T i, thought we, honey, no but they don't know who we, are you. Know but we had a nice long talk about, it and she, said this really bothers, you DOESN'T i, said, WELL i mean kind, of you, know kind. Of and she, said, well, honey she, said if it really bothers you that, bad she said THAT i just won't do it.
Speaker 3: Anymore how about? That just like, that we got. It you should have talked to her about, It. Jane you should have just told, her.
Speaker 7: Well you, know try to give her as much grace AS i possibly.
Speaker 12: CAN i.
Speaker 21: Don't but, hey Tell, LARRY i am.
Speaker 7: Passing i'm passing his exit On interstate sixteen right. NOW i think IT'S i think there's Three doublin exes down, here BUT i just went past all three of.
Speaker 3: Them stay Frime. Ice so he got resolved the. Wife, still the wife, said if it doesn't bother, you how about This Rick birder's Show Marriage counselors another.
Speaker 6: Marriage, yeah, sorry we implied that your wife was cheating and or an. Alcoholic sorry, yeah, Yeah well.
Speaker 3: You know what it was, effective but it was. Effective, Yea we, Continue Rick Birders, show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 15: Hey good, morning. Guys hey got something see if y'all talking about what If larry is so adamant about speedy getting. There he's got the cops sitting there with the sled pulling behind and a parade coming into the neighborhood with patch.
Speaker 3: Flags you know, WHAT i would love happy patch that's. Possible Uh we, Continue Rick Birders, show unscreen phone, Calls.
Speaker 22: Go, ahead, man you reckingum guys coming over.
Speaker 23: Here they're gonna show up on camels.
Speaker 3: Showing my own gamel was talking about million, dollars and we saying if you lies eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine our six big, vox you're on The Rick Burgers. Show on screen phone, calls go, ahead m, Hmm, hey what are you in the Bath are you in the bathroom the? Shower where are you.
Speaker 21: Actually in the?
Speaker 24: Bathroom in the?
Speaker 5: Bathroom so, yeah we we hear. You it's a little. Echo we but go, ahead.
Speaker 13: All, right sorry about that, anyway long time shown got a phone call her by the, way.
Speaker 3: Okay in the bathroom you called you called us from the bathroom in the. Bathroom we didn't walk, in we.
Speaker 1: Didn't we didn't call you in the.
Speaker 3: Bathroom you called. Up it's like we got the number to the. Bathroom, hey, GUYS i hold up the. Bathroom what it does in the. Bathroom let's. Continue Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 25: Ahead there's a documentary On hulu Or disney Called ocean With David. Attenborough it's an hour and a. Half it's the first time they actually say that The earth can take care of, itself that man can't kill the, earth and that if you just get eyed the, way it will recover and the oceans are coming. Back and it's he actually goes it almost echoes that the global catastrophe with the oceans is a.
Speaker 3: Theory, yeah well that's. Good Yeah. Ocean, yeah, okay, yeah, okay thanks. Man we Contemp losso alright, there let's go back to shower. Man Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go. Ahead hey It's. Toby, Hey, HOBY i love, YOU i love, You.
Speaker 15: STEEDY i want you to be safe with the serial patch killer and come back home To.
Speaker 3: Daddy, okay.
Speaker 26: Thank, You.
Speaker 8: Toby he did text me last. NIGHT i Love i'm NOT pm. Local i've got a hey bird that has A hobie. Conspiracy and he, said so in forty eight, hours you'll be going you, like you'll be getting into bed.
Speaker 3: At their guests and their guests. Bedroom you'll be Calling hoby and tell him where you're. At, Hope i'm here. Safe that's not between the, Sheets.
Speaker 5: Hoby Rick burgers show hit hard BECAUSE i was, like, YEAH i told you, morning.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, hey, buddy there's got an observation for you. Guys you're still fishing in the same. Pond, yeah somebody just put on, textingation different, whole same.
Speaker 1: Fish we.
Speaker 3: Contendue Rick burgers show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 15: AHEAD i just call him to say what we're all. Thinking shame's wife is definitely cheating on.
Speaker 3: Them harder joe A, Right rick burgershow scream phone calls go.
Speaker 21: AHEAD i just went out there and rusted. OFF i, said you need to get out of.
Speaker 4: Here get.
Speaker 3: That sounded very, YEAH i, thought, yeah checks fingers And.
Speaker 27: Beard we'll be, back all, Right, rick just let it go, allright bottom of the. Hour we'll have, more, uh.
Speaker 3: We'll have more of your. Opportunities. Yeah, Well i'll still try AND i still think it's. Gold also hate birds coming up in box seats And Frank.
Speaker 1: Kellyando this is The Rick Burgess, show the hardest working men in the, Business The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show that's, right, baby simply out working everybody. Else we're, Here we show, up ready to. Go let's. Go Frank callendo coming. LATER a lot of you wanting to let him talk To larry so he can develop an impression Of. Larry do we need another impression Of? Larry Uh? So, Anyway But, frankie, Come i've got the, voice all voices. Covered we REALLY i don't even know why we Need frank. Anymore when we have the man of a thousand, voices you're gonna give him some? Tips why do we even need? HIM i, mean you, know think about. It so there we. Go when he does a voice go that ain't nothing to do one of your. Hips how many cookies have you? Eaten just that? One, Greg just that. One just All i'm meeting is that. ONE i will save the. Others that's it saves. One i'm not All i'm eating. Today i'm saving the others for. Later what do you think about the guy in the in the calls right in the bathroom. GUY i mean he acted as if we caught him by surprising.
Speaker 8: That i'm thinking maybe he called and he was at another part of the house and he worked his way to the bathroom and that's when that's when he was.
Speaker 3: Getting a snake one in there before you pick. Up, okay maybe so all, right that's WHAT i. Think might even just been going in for.
Speaker 5: Safety oh, yeah, Okay i'm sorry about.
Speaker 3: THAT i mean. Safety i'm.
Speaker 5: SORRY i had a speedy, moment had to rush to the.
Speaker 8: Bathroom, okay all, right no, problem probably hang, up, yeah, yeah, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: WOULDN'T i wish you to just hit end.
Speaker 3: Call, yeah that would be by the, way by the, way if we if we'd have hung, on might have got some. Racket oh that go with, it, right, okay all, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah when's the last time you took your elderly parents to the.
Speaker 3: Bank did you do?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah to the?
Speaker 5: Bank, yeah like you had to. Go, yeah speaking of, that speaking of, THAT i know you.
Speaker 3: Went grocery store. Shops not, well NOW i have taken mom to the. Bank, yeah not with as much in depth stuff as y'all, had, right BUT i have. Had so you had to go to the bank to the, bank just do some you, know just do some work there at the. Bank they needed to go to the bank and and.
Speaker 8: Everything and SO i went up AND i was in town and took them And I've i've done some self evaluation on on getting them around THAT i need to do better at they are knock on. WOOD i love where they're. At, Man they're they're just full of. Energy they look. Great it's JUST i love. IT i absolutely love. It and they they're jumping in the. Car let's, go you, know so here we go off and then they could see, WELL i, mean if you wanted to BE i mean super. Well i'm sure he wishes he could see. Too What i'm just, saying you're saying they're doing so.
Speaker 1: That sounded.
Speaker 3: AWFUL i didn't say. Anything, yeah why are you looking at? Me because you start. Anything rick says that you're, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah you left a little bit.
Speaker 3: OVER i was just saying for, you and and what he's able to. Do, Uh and he is so.
Speaker 5: Resilient he's written two.
Speaker 3: Books, Rick mine's, Fine, yes have you written good?
Speaker 1: Point?
Speaker 8: Uh so, Anyway, wow let's get through that. Moment, No i'm just, saying and so SO i pull, up and of course they're sitting. There you, Know, hey the garage is. HOT i told him that you have to saying in the, garage you. Know they but they just, say, hey how you.
Speaker 3: Doing let's?
Speaker 8: Go so we we, uh we pull up and they won't use for some, reason they have a handicap sticker and they won't use.
Speaker 3: It AND i don't ever. That i'm, like is this a game you're? Playing you?
Speaker 8: Know but, Hey i'm pulling that thing out and we're hanging it on the on the rearview, mirror and and we're going to use.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: Uh and so so we.
Speaker 8: Do we get front and center and and we we walk in and one THING i noticed that was out OF i don't have to announce to the bank he's.
Speaker 5: BLIND i know you.
Speaker 3: Do we're talking about the last time you gave us this. One he's. Blind why do You why do you have to announce? IT i don't. KNOW i don't. Know and then you'll do things like he's reading two books his mine's.
Speaker 9: Fine.
Speaker 8: Right well that's WHEN i had to defend. Him when you say you, wish, no he knows he wishes he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Blind, no, everybody What i'm just, Saying i'm just saying blind. Harder I'm i'm just saying life is harder when you're blind versus not. Being that's All i'm. Saying that's All i'm. Saying, now he's he was talking about WHAT i, mean like like they were do anything they wanted. To was he even needed, WELL i, mean you know he. WAS i was in town and we had some errands to. Run we also went to the pharmacy and and and stuff like, that and, uh and so that was just part of. It BUT i noticed that WHEN i walked into the, BANK i had to, announce you, know he's, blind you, know like it's like one guy that was just there getting making a deposit looked at me, like what are you doing my deposits at the?
Speaker 6: Pharmacists are you like you got anything for? BLINDNESS i, mean come, on my, goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah what are you?
Speaker 5: Doing why do you bring up his windness?
Speaker 3: OFF i don't. Know and that's What I'm i'm self. Avail he could have driven itself if only weren't, blind.
Speaker 19: You, know.
Speaker 8: He could have the only again, again we mom AND i started. Laughing the only blind man that gives you directions while you.
Speaker 3: Drive.
Speaker 8: Yeah uh, yeah because where we were was a very congested. Area, uh the branch that we were going to of the bank and traffic was backed. Up and mom, said, hey you know it's up to, you but there's a shortcut we Could we could detour here and get around all. This and he jumps, in that's, right take a, right go that first red, light take a. Left and that's WHEN i waved my hand in front of his.
Speaker 24: Face.
Speaker 3: Again i'm, like are you pulling a joke?
Speaker 7: On you?
Speaker 3: Said committed to? Listen what if you found out this was all a brilliant plan for for him to get to spend more time with, you, right that would be. Good Uh so, anyway we hop in there AND i out to the bank that he's blind and which is not, necessary.
Speaker 8: And we and we get out of, there and then on the way, back and this is. FUNNY i don't know if if your mom's this way or at your parents are this, way but but mom and dad sometimes think we have the connections or we have connections that we might not. Have and, uh and he, said, WELL i tell you that That David nasiirs was. Good David, Nasir, Dad, Yeah david nasa what he had to say that that was, powerful that was, powerful what a man Of. God AND i, said, yes, sir he, goes you need to text that To.
Speaker 3: Trump AND i said To trump AND i, SAID i texted To trump and he, said he, said Got trump's?
Speaker 8: Number he said, yeah and he said In tubberville. Too AND i, said now that ONE i could probably, do BUT i don't HAVE i don't have to do with. It uh and and and and But i'll work on that and and he's, like, yeah you need To, trump you need. It i'm sure there people know the story That master has told. About you, know only fifteen percent of the, population you, know is that evil, regime you, know death to the. World but you know eighty five, percent you, know they want peace and all. This And i'm, like, yes, sir he, goes but they probably know, that but you need to text that to. Him i'm, like, yes, SIR i sure. Will i'll get that. Done but funny he thinks We trump, said oh, yeah and how many people did your mom introduced you?
Speaker 4: To?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Everybody you, Say and he's blind and she's, saying y'all know who this.
Speaker 6: Is.
Speaker 3: Rick that explains it BECAUSE i had the guy with me that was pretending to be you AND i, actually somebody say that's not. Him his mom has just introduced me to him over the, bank right.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah and SOMETIMES i want just announce he's. Blind i'll just say i'm his.
Speaker 24: EYES i do.
Speaker 5: That i've used visually, Impaired i've used i'm his.
Speaker 3: Eyes i've used. BLIND i don't need to do.
Speaker 8: That but a lot of, times you, know when When i'm trying to get him in a that's one, thing because all he's got to do is just you, know he's just got to he's got to sense it and feel, it and Then i'm. Good but, sometimes you, know walking in and busting up in a, branch you know because everybody, there you, know you walk into a branch and everybody, looks and you announced his.
Speaker 3: Eyes. Yeah do you think sometimes people go freaking over for just a, minute like they're, thinking what are you gonna? Do hold the place up? Right? Yeah, yeah stick them up.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah but we we were able to resolve.
Speaker 8: It but So i've done some self. Evaluation and also my dad THINKS i Have trump sell AND i did tell HIM i was going to text it To.
Speaker 3: Trump SO i don't know if we get that when y'all went To washington that. Time trump gave you a?
Speaker 8: Sale you, know, yeah probably. SO i MEAN i think we have aligned to to get word to him, somehow you, know three different.
Speaker 3: Channels the audience is were, wondering are you taking care of some power of attorney stuff in the family in case you don't come back to Dou, no it's, fine that's.
Speaker 8: Smart but, again but AGAIN i found myself offering from second hand.
Speaker 3: About yourself create that for. Others, right it's a weird. Dynamic. Weird you don't have to announce because somebody that his, shirt they were. Embarrassed they had second hand of. Me do you want to just get a shirt for? Him i'm visually. IMPAIRED i, mean you don't have to announce that to.
Speaker 8: Everybody well if you if you saw, him you wouldn't know, it, Right, NO i mean because he didn't have the you, know the stick and dark shades or, whatever so you wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: IT i, mean and looks. Great and they said when.
Speaker 5: He tries to put his credit card in THE A T. M BUT i, mean you, know but because you need to have, that, Right it wasn't adventure trying to get him to sign on the line, yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was did he just get his? Hand you need to do? That does he does he know how to read? Braille? No, no, no so so you got. It you gotta be his. Eyes that's why you keep announcing it. Everybody, yeah nobody needs that. Announced, no, no.
Speaker 8: No And i've and And I've i've kind of told MYSELF i could. Tell my mom was even, like oh is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah so how can? It do you just get his hand lined up and just say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah that's ALL i. GOT i go all, right, dad you're set. Now now scribble to the right and, okay there he.
Speaker 3: Goes you got it.
Speaker 8: Down, Also, Adler larry And carolyn just texted me and they want you to uh send them a friend request On?
Speaker 1: Facebook is that?
Speaker 3: RIGHT i don't Have? Facebook we go to get? It are you sure about? THAT i don't THINK i Have.
Speaker 26: FACEBOOK i told him you.
Speaker 3: WOULD i think that had got rid of it or. Something, YEAH i got rid of.
Speaker 1: It this is The Rick Burgers. Show be bold and let the whole world know that you listen to The Rick Burgers. Show cool merchandise is available. Now just go To Rick Burgess show and click, shop.
Speaker 3: Or you can just text the words store to our text nation line which is eight eight eight Six Big vox or eight eight eight six two four FOUR a sixty. Nine we're the Team. Colors, OKAY a couple of things still to cover going. Forward Frank caliendo coming up later in the. Program Today vox seats also feel and we will have a burgess ball battle later in the. Program the will has been producing. MONEY a one thousand dollars winner just happened Last. Friday national anthem is always a big part of the. Show we love a good assessing a national. Anthem in this particular, case this is a weird. Complaint this is actually a very famous opera singer who's been in, Movies, disney, Voiceovers broadway. Plays she has a magnificent. Voice she sings at Aka pellow in perfect. Key but because she does have that operatic, ability some of THE nba fans On game seven have been complaining that she went a little far with the operatic range on the, big on the, big you, Know land of The. Free so so that's in her. NAME i can't pronounce her, name But kristin cheniwith everybody knows who she. Is, yeah you, Know, adler you could play the whole, thing but it gets. LONG i mean still THOUGH i pulled it to one. Nineteen here is that Where adler?
Speaker 4: Is is? It?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah so this is what everybody's the free part.
Speaker 3: Game not.
Speaker 5: FLACK a lot of tall, guys so.
Speaker 3: Very she's not very. Tall here comes s hang, on you're not ready for Free my, GOODNESS i, KNOW i think she owns. It she did have THE i owned it, Face so, yeah, Now, greg the whole thing was irritating to, me the whole, thing the entire. THING i don't like them opera voice. PEOPLE i don't like them opera voiced. People thank you for, showing but it's. Irritating it actually like puts me in a. Bune i'm, like He's Tony award Winning. GREG i just don't need opera. SINGING i don't like. It so did you said the Brother George strait? Singing, Yeah, Greg, YEAH i don't like. That even before she WENT i took it to that. Part it was. Bad you think bad And Tony award. Winning come, On i'm just. SAYING i guess for what she, does she's considered a big, deal BUT i don't like what that. Is she's, Sister, GREG i like. Her she's good in. Movies BUT i just don't like offer. SAYING i think offer say is very. Irritating even it hurts even, Men, yeah especially, men especially. Men, yeah you THINK i care About you're gonna tell me that that wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Irritate so if it's an acapella perfectly in, key no mess.
Speaker 3: Up BUT i enjoy? It NO i. Didn't was it did that good to your? Ears?
Speaker 27: No it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it. Was it's actually. Harmful you didn't find it, pleasant not at. ALL i thought you were just gonna be upset with the Free you didn't like any like any of. IT i, Mean i'm saying that she didn't sing it. GOOD i WISH i wish you Loved america With. America, YEP i think that. CAME i don't like him opera singers in that opera.
Speaker 9: WAY i.
Speaker 3: Don't so you're gonna tell. Me you're gonna tell me that you enjoyed that and that you like opera. SINGING i was TELLING i, WAS i appreciated the.
Speaker 5: Talent what they say, that can you say?
Speaker 3: THAT i, mean can? You BECAUSE i got?
Speaker 8: Talent BUT i mean, Somebody but when it comes to music and all, that you love talent and talented people.
Speaker 3: Hands so do you think she's? Talented, Yeah musically she's, talented that's your. THING i don't like him opera people in the opera. WAY i don't like, him and you don't NEED i think it's. Irritating it's like somebody scratching the chalk war with. Fingernails how did you like her face when she had that? Face? That and she's also unfortunately felt. Victim and can we just announce this to everybody in the. Audience listen to, me. Y'all this this lip. Collagen it doesn't, ladies, ladies it doesn't look good on anybody stopping and nobody pulls it. Off, yeah it's not about whether it's expensive or, not Because i've seen some very wealthy people with some ugly. Lips, yes they paid for she's wealth she would be.
Speaker 5: Wealthy, yeah, yeah, YEAH i think she's Got she's.
Speaker 3: Also probably a lot older than we realized. Too, well this is trying to be not trying to be. Mean is that what it? Is collagen in the, lips whatever y'all are doing to get the puffy, lips whatever that process. Is FEEL i want to announce to every woman on the. Planet greg's point valid regardless of, Wealth no matter how wealthy you, are it just doesn't look.
Speaker 5: Good not one person has ever done. It and you, GO i tell you, what that that was an.
Speaker 3: Upgrade you look.
Speaker 5: Better it looks like something has gone south that you wish you could take.
Speaker 3: Right at least stop. Doing popped in the lip or. Something at least stop. Doing you're fine to. It, yeah we're not all that. Concerned behind full your lips are could you you can have a? Wrinkle it doesn't. Beautiful it's all, right very much.
Speaker 6: SO i think aging gracefully is so much more preferred than what other than.
Speaker 3: Some some some of this stuff that some of these ladies are, doing and men. Too, franklin, goodness, look.
Speaker 6: Ask, man what are you? Doing become the most interesting man in the. World Not, KEN i, KNOW i, KNOW i have, Face, ken what are you?
Speaker 3: DOING i have lines on my forehead and they actually give expression, Yes AND i don't want to walk around the rest of my life everybody, going rig what's? Wrong what's?
Speaker 5: Wrong are you?
Speaker 3: Surprised what's? Surprised, yeah you're walking around constantly looking.
Speaker 8: Surprise yeah you're, sixty you have, Wrinkled so what who, Cares, yes who?
Speaker 3: Cares? Ad could you queue up free?
Speaker 8: AGAIN i just want to, watch AND i also want to watch her when she finishes that face.
Speaker 3: Of on that what many people can? Hit watch what she the note she? Hit, greg that's. Talent BUT i didn't enjoy. It now hopefully this one it's not.
Speaker 8: Enjoyed break any glass of those of you are listening but watching, Watching i'm Watching.
Speaker 3: Greg Watch greg's. FACE i. Saw i'm looking at him. Angels that s. Spangle never, Beautiful, GREG i, Know, greg let's hear you, say great. Job nobody should see saying that High, okay so you're. Here nobody should sing.
Speaker 4: THAT i.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't there's, no that's not. Necessary it's not. Enjoyable it's not an enjoyable. Tone, right it's not, WELL.
Speaker 6: I, SAID i, said, boots by the, way nice boots that she was.
Speaker 8: Wearing, yeah there's a little spark, yes, yeah, yeah patriotic sparkly.
Speaker 3: Boots you left the ass? Out, NO i, said, Boots, GREG i actually enjoyed. It now my glasses are. BROKEN i can't, say BUT i fifty, six and it's.
Speaker 6: Fine wrinkle on your, Face my, goodness that's what the human beings.
Speaker 1: Look like this is The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 24: Show you better listen.
Speaker 4: Up you know what we.
Speaker 3: Say you gotta.
Speaker 12: Find the voice of reason in an unreasonable World The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 3: Show here we Go, America brandy iwer than't you being with? Us if you've missed the first couple of hours as, usual you've missed a. Launch no, worries. Though you can grab it on your own time on a little something we call the podcast or YouTube arkuy Podcast Dark. Guy just go to wherever you get, Podcasts Church Rick Burgess, show follow that podcast and you'll get an alert when the full show is ready for you and a best of hour every Day, YouTubers you can just watch it right through on the YouTube channel if you're already a subscriber, there and also is available not long after the live show is. Done the best of our video wise also available To BLAZE tv. Subscribers still to come later, today next, Hour, actually FRANK calli, indo we'll. Visit haven't talked To frankie in a. While looking forward to visiting with one of the best impressionists and comedians out. There you'll get a chance to see him In chattanooga And nashville and some other markets we'll talk to him about that coming up next hour this. Hour bottom of the. Eye really, yeah, OKAY i was looking at the wrong, thing bottom of The it's coming up this. Hour, okay good about, That, Frankie, frankie franky. Baby so that's that's coming up and we'll be chatting with with Frank we do have we have talked about the ceasefire With iran And israel and then no ceasefire and then wait a, minute it's still a. Ceasefire iran, says, hey we launched a. Missile we didn't mean to somebody went. Row israel, says we're gonna respond, anyway because you don't shoot missiles at. Us trump's, like you two cut it. Out let's get the, Ceasefire let's go back to. It no harm done with the one missile or. Whatever let's move. On we've covered that so uh so we'll uh if we need to revisit that, later we can with in your phone calls or. Whatever but we did we have covered that this. One. Greg it's it hasn't been a good day for. You we've gone through opera singers AND i know how you are about the opera. Folk uh, yeah you made that. Clear you certainly.
Speaker 5: Did you're trying to be sharp man like you like? It, No, GREG i will say that.
Speaker 3: It's not my. Thing it's not my thing, Either But i'm Enjoy i'm enjoying acting like it is just to annoy. You that's. It that's, it that's all we, Do. Greg one hundred year, old one. Hundred that's a fitness, star fitness. Star she's got a great. Spirit, Greg and you know how much you love one hundred year old woman with a great.
Speaker 5: Spirit who don't? Right and he doesn't love.
Speaker 3: That apparently In Long, Island geraldine Or is their friends call Her Jerry leo is a living, example at least in her, case that age is just a, number is one, hundred even when it's one. Hundred she turned a, hundreds a big, number one hundred this Past. April it's been one hundred for you know a few. Months oh. Boy so and she is a fitness. Star that's what it. Says, this this is kind of your. Thinking you can walk at one, hundred that's considered first. Trap, okay you didn't say she inspires some of her gym. Mates is that her with her hand? Up Uh, no that's not a one hundred year old. LADY i don't see anybody in there looks one. Hundred well let's you see.
Speaker 5: It, yeah, listen a little package nine sixty.
Speaker 17: Seven one.
Speaker 1: Hundred i'd like little light please absolutely wait.
Speaker 26: Wait oh, yeah pull down years and still going. Strong Jerry leo is the pride Of Bay, Shores Great South bay y m C.
Speaker 17: A let's, go mama.
Speaker 26: Beautiful other members of the aerobics fitting class Half. Jerry's she's playing an envy goes through her daily. Pieces she's been crashing her workouts since the Why Jerry whipster of.
Speaker 24: Life IS i exercise?
Speaker 17: Faithfully oh?
Speaker 4: SWEET i don't eat red.
Speaker 7: Meat WHAT i try to?
Speaker 3: Eat you, know have a good, Diet mediterranean they call.
Speaker 28: It she's got a great. Spirit she is pretty much we call her the president of THE. Ymca she is religious with her. Workout she doesn't give. Up if she feels like she can't do, anything she tries even harder and she pushes.
Speaker 3: HERSELF i wanted to.
Speaker 13: Plank that's a good looks of doing. Planks that's an abdominal. Exercise younger members of the gym can hold for only two to three.
Speaker 1: Minutes that's a long, plank Not.
Speaker 26: Jerry.
Speaker 3: Everybody she just held a fly play a lot younger than he AND i can't. Do that shows you what exercise can do for. You there's some exercises she can do that's not. Me she really has not.
Speaker 26: Just for her driver's. License. Girl she says she never, smoked but does have an occasional.
Speaker 1: Drink right, NOW i like An april.
Speaker 17: SPIRT i want to be like you WHEN i grow, Up. Jerry and she was like, no, no, No AND i was, like, yes, yes, yes because she just look at. Up wouldn't you want to be.
Speaker 26: Very challenges and her signature Playing, jerry they.
Speaker 3: Can't they can't even do. It he can't do. One good. Night that's.
Speaker 4: Better you're getting, Better, jerry.
Speaker 3: Don't jerry.
Speaker 26: Don't the report has three grandchildren and one great. Grandchild her advice to live a long, life exercise, religiously maintain a good, diet.
Speaker 1: Plus be, kind be, Happy.
Speaker 13: Jerry puts her fellow gim makes the shame by her core strength and going beyond.
Speaker 26: The limits of most younger.
Speaker 16: Athletes she's an inspiration and, proof at least in this, case that age is just a. Number tried to, play and she's a living example that at one, hundred exercise certainly can add years to your.
Speaker 3: Life, yeah. Joke looking at, That i'm. IMPRESSED i wish that guy would have looked in the camera and, said and as you can, TELL i took a pass on. It, yeah did you see my? Plank?
Speaker 5: Y'all that's a five minute plank is.
Speaker 3: Hard she didn't go, five that's what they, said five.
Speaker 17: Minutes leo's picking over him for five.
Speaker 3: MINUTES i can't even do.
Speaker 4: One that that Is.
Speaker 3: It's like he wouldn't that. Old but do you remember the guy that we used to work out where we were at it looked a lot older than, us and he owned. It remember, that, well we thought he was wearing an old man's like suit that he was on zips and there's really incredible teenager in. There what he was doing doing one arm pull ups and you wouldn't Shake, no y'all.
Speaker 5: Realize how long a five minute?
Speaker 3: Plank? Look do you not long a one? Minute i've done one when you starts slipping one, MINUTE i will likely do.
Speaker 5: Today but five the longest. Minute that's either she's a freaking.
Speaker 3: Nature they need to. Study people are saying it is easier to plank if you weigh eighty five, pounds now that's, true but still she's a, hundred she's one. Hundred one.
Speaker 29: HUNDRED a minute feels like a long time when you're. Planking, okay would you pulling on the, right would you sign? Up would you sign up to be just where she is at one? Hundred but you have to live exactly where she's.
Speaker 5: Living, no sounds, like, WELL i don't know she has went about you be? Nice, Right Well greg's? Out, yeah can we get her some more great?
Speaker 6: Grandchildren by the, way can we can we get her some more great? Grandchildren my?
Speaker 3: Goodness disappointed. ONE i was a little disappointing that. Number you go to one, hundred you only got one great grandkids are in their. Seventies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, ANYWAY i THINK i think maybe so shit so no red, meat AND i know she's always done, that but it looks.
Speaker 3: Like maybe that's what you're saying for one hundred years you NEVER i doubt. That yeah it she quit a't read meat about.
Speaker 5: Eighty, two eighty, two the year eighty years ago she was eighty to around.
Speaker 3: Maybe sixty ish she. Stopped, PROBABLY i don't, Know, okay side that, is that's amazing that. Reporter that's a long. Plank he's he's a picture of, health isn't?
Speaker 6: He that lady's like that one hundred year old ladies to the, reporters like you can't handle.
Speaker 3: THIS i don't know how to break to the. Reporter but if your knees are still on the, ground you're not. Playing that doesn't. Count no, rip no? Rip? Wow, greg are you going to do? That how how much time we have until the? Break you got about a? Minute, greg go just so let's sow it's your, plank. Buddy oh, yeah? Planking, Well, rick you're a. Plank here you. GO i can't do five. Minutes, now we got one? MINUTE i, said, no we, Okay WELL i have to get this to The oh, boy what do you?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 3: Here it Goes?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 3: Rick are you really doing a? Plank?
Speaker 22: Rick?
Speaker 3: Okay here is? Okay?
Speaker 5: Ricky, okay here Goes rick's doing a plank on his?
Speaker 3: Face oh not that? Angle rick a? Lot what are you doing to face the? Cameras not a consoling good? Gosh, okay there he's, there he Goes. Rick all, right start. Reset, okay, Huh i'm Telling i'm telling him, now hold, On, rick we're gonna.
Speaker 29: Start you're five seconds. In all, right we're about to, Start, Rick WHY i already started you.
Speaker 26: Remember we have to do.
Speaker 3: That now we're.
Speaker 17: Starting ten seconds, in you're ten seconds?
Speaker 3: In ten sec, Breathe, rick we gotta.
Speaker 5: Breathe rick's holding a very nice.
Speaker 3: Plank, yeah, straight get your knees off the, Ground, RICK i gotta get to. Bra what about lady busting through the. Door you ain't doing that?
Speaker 6: Right very, Good, Rick, rick you are you're thirty seconds, in you're thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: In don't listen to. Speedy, hey, yeah, speedy your mic is off fifteen.
Speaker 6: Sixteen, no you are forty seconds thirty.
Speaker 5: Seconds i'm gonna go ahead and hit the.
Speaker 3: Bra hit the bed. Now rick's really feeling. It comes stand on his, back fifty seconds now. Doing you're doing. Good you're doing. Good i'm not gonna get on. You very, Good, Rick you're doing. Great all, right here we.
Speaker 5: Go thirty seconds, left five, four thirty.
Speaker 3: Seconds three to. Two well, wow you made, It, Rick well that's. Impressive that is that is. Impressive well, Done, rick well, done my, Friends no way she did five.
Speaker 1: Minutes this is The Rick Burgers Show Gone hearing And america loving The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 3: Show all, right so thanks for being WITH Us. America Frank caliendo coming, up so, UH i can't wait to get caught up With. Frank see what's been going on With. Frankie so that's coming up next. Hour also not next, hour next. Segment my pillow Dot com slash Big. Vox hey you going to My. Pillow you need to go there because right now the My Pillow Giza dream Bed sheets four hundred thread strong, baby the most comfortable sheets you've ever slept. On you can get them right now for forty nine to ninety. Eight and it doesn't Matter Queen, King Split, King California, king any size forty eight stock up because so when they're, gone they're gone at this.
Speaker 5: Price so take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Now and if you spend over one hundred, dollars you're gonna get a one hundred dollars worth of free digital, stuff some digital gifts they'll give you for. Free so there you. Go also look for The rev Seven Energy DRINK Rfk junior and To Make America Healthy again. Campaign you know this is an energy drink with clean energy powered By go B, hb no, caffeine no sugar but yet it gives you a good clean energy and Focus rev Seven energy. Drink get it at thirty percent off right. NOW i pillow dot com slash big. Vox also there's a Link Rick Burgess show dot com right there under the sponsor's. Button so a couple of emails Before frankie comes, on come, On, yes here come the emails pouring. IN i am genuinely concerned For. Speedy hey, Bird hey, bird this is read listen to this. Adler, yes you can start genuinely. CONCERNED i think this could possibly be some sort of. Misdirection, huh just on the me That hoby could be behind this whole. Thing he set Up larry to call the show knowing that eventually the spend the night would be there because you guys would have to do. Something and then this could be a way For hope to Make speedy disappear because about the same Time hoby started Infiltrating speedish family a, lunch The speedy didn't know about what one of his. Sons is it possible this is a big organized plan For hoby to take Over speedy's.
Speaker 5: Life this is just just a.
Speaker 3: Fall hope's feel free to, embellish but love the new show in all. Caps thank you Read hoby to take Over speedish. Life. Hope he's got his family and his. Life this connection To hoby did kind of come out of.
Speaker 5: Nowhere, no it. Didn't it's been going on for. Years you just didn't pay.
Speaker 3: Attention, well you know, what that's a that's how a monocal plan works.
Speaker 5: Best you let you let it slowly grow over. Years greg used to be in the, group he left.
Speaker 3: US i wish we had it that when we were walking to the. Gym do you think That hoby's relationship with you must be tied around fitness or he won't have anything to do with. You, no, yeah it seems like for, us it seems like.
Speaker 5: It, No, no you have some kind Of hoby's got his own. Family he's happily, married got three.
Speaker 3: Kids he's good. Good it gets dark at, Listen, hey it gets. Darker, huh it gets. Darker, hey birch a birge From. Kevin this this is so over the, line all, right but it's gonna Slay, adler and it's gonna Slay, greg and it's gonna slay.
Speaker 5: Me oh it must be on, speedy but it's very over the. Line so you're gonna read.
Speaker 3: It of, Course Tell larry. M temperature should be two hundred and twenty indirect. Heat all, Right second rack on the. Smoker oh that's. Terrible use mustard as a, binder and then any of his favorite barbecue rub as they slow as they, Say and here comes the, line go low and slow because, speedy these little bird legs will overcook and get dry real. Quick that's, true very. True talk about my, legs the being cooked.
Speaker 5: Partoning but, yeah that's.
Speaker 3: What i'm, saying legs and get dry, quick you Get i'm.
Speaker 17: Slow you know it's.
Speaker 3: SLOW i don't know something about cannibal. Humor but, still, yeah it's.
Speaker 8: Hard IF i were getting, cooked y'all wouldn't, laugh, Right, YEAH i wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Laugh, no wouldy'all come get? Him?
Speaker 4: RIGHT i?
Speaker 3: Hope, YEAH i. Hope i'll be. Horrified, yeap hope you go get?
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 3: Yeah so there it. Is, wow that is, dark, ring that is.
Speaker 8: Dark so y'all hold on with a. Minute y'all just read an email about me being.
Speaker 3: COOKED i said it was, dark and it was. Dark hey, bird he warning. You, hey those are the legs, though they will? Dry, Yeah oh, no don't underestimate these.
Speaker 5: Legs no one going to jumbo. Wing, no, uh hey, bird hey Burge.
Speaker 3: Uh this is From. Gregory have y'all thought about how this all began With larry And carolyn shoulting w m A Z tv cover That speedy is now Visiting larry's, Homeland, georgia just in case something were to happen to, them at least that might kind of throw it, off that they would know it's got. Coverage he, SAID i live within forty oles Of, dublin so Speed speedy can't contact me if he needs, help pass my number along to. Him you want me to pass us? Along? Wi, yeah go, ahead heavy heel. Care i'm loving the new Show i'm listening. TO i listened to. YOU i listened to YouTube archives every. Day thanks for all you do and keep serving The. Lord this is From oh he's a?
Speaker 5: Chaplain oh so, yeah definitely give me the number.
Speaker 3: From From Twin, City, georgia about forty miles from. You, yeah take a minute to get. There you want this? Number, Yeah, restyle what happened for? You what do you think about getting THE tv station that first Brought larry And carolyn into our? Lives get?
Speaker 17: It greg have you seen OUR tv Spashal remember that's how it.
Speaker 5: Started if you watch, Us we're ON.
Speaker 17: Tv they did a story about our.
Speaker 3: Patches, yeah and the cat was in every. Shot they.
Speaker 17: Couldn't we're putting the cats out on the porch For. Speedy what tire you be?
Speaker 22: Here?
Speaker 17: Speedy you need to tal?
Speaker 3: Us, yeah sweet, couple it's a A texter.
Speaker 6: Said If speedy goes, missing the first place to look is Dead, Horse, alaska Because larry keeps talking about it every day on the on the YouTube.
Speaker 3: Chat, well Dead horse it's a slid Slash. Alaska that's his. Thing, Now, yeah, sweetly if you if you walked in and you looked over and you, know just had nothing to do with, dinner but you saw various dry, Rubs, YEAH i keep mile for. That, Hell i'll stop. It if they try to inject anything into your legs to make them, juicier you need to say, no, NO i need to Stop cajun injected pretty stop right. Now, yeah, y'all y'all gonna make this. Awkward the awkward ship it hasn't just sailed this out in the middle of the international. Waters Frank Kelly indo is lined up next.
Speaker 17: Y'all got.
Speaker 3: That Frank he's coming up right after.
Speaker 1: This this is The Rick Burgess. Show in a world that has gone. Nuts they are here to well to point it. Out The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show that's right another. Day thank you for being with Us, america and we have much to do that lies. Ahead but now the moment has. Arrived i've been talking about it all, day letting you know That Frank caliendo has agreed to join. Us and you know, What frank is. Back, frankie welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show, hey it sounds like they're, like was this a Negotiated, yes it. WAS i mean the way you're making it, soundly it was difficult to get me. ON i have shows to Pro it's, simple it really. Was and look in all, honesty AND i didn't want to do this BECAUSE i didn't want. TO i was trying to build you up a little. Bit frankie's been begging to him on because he's got some, shows and he's, like, LOOK i got some shows near. You time for us to be friends. Again.
Speaker 30: LISTEN i am Totally i'm one hundred percent honest about. That BUT i did See nashville And chattanooga AND i see HOW i worked that. IN i actually had seen a clip of barkleyon with. YOU i, think, yes that's, correct and, uh he was just telling. It you, know, Basically, rick you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Ever just stop moving your, lips knuckle.
Speaker 3: Head uh, Now.
Speaker 31: But you know WHAT i really, LIE i really think you should Have Frank callando on and have him talk About Nashville's zanies And chattanooga at The Comedy.
Speaker 3: Kit that's been, very very. Good that's you, Know, CHARLES i think you AND i we were discussing and as we both, know doing what we do for a, living you, said save it for the. Show and So charles has been on with us all the way back in the thirty one years Of rick And bubba multiple, times and he's been on as you saw with us on The Rick Burgess. Show but some of the funnier moments way way way way. Back you may not even. Recall this The university Of, alabama this is BEFORE. Saban they hired a guy Named Mike price From Washington. State so he never got out of spring. Training, ok he never saw the field in the season because he had some lewd accusations involving women in the world's otis. Profession, Okay i'll just kind of leave it at. That, well this happened in the state Of. Alabama. Okay So charles comes on the show and he's ready to Defend Mike, price and he doesn't understand why he's been. Fired, okay AND i can't do him as well as, you But i'm will you forgive me for, this just so you can come out and you can hear a little bit of, this you, know Speed he's been working on his. Impressions, Frank, YEAH i heard so. Far keep. Working so but he was talking AND i can't Do, Charles So i'm just this is that terrible. THING i felt Like i'm shooting free throws With Michael jordan's so forgive. Me but, anyway he was, SAYING i don't understand why everybody's at this. Man it's not like he's done SOMETHING i, mean like, Illegal.
Speaker 5: AND i just looked at my Ster charles's prostitution is illegal In.
Speaker 3: Alabama he, goes, OH i didn't know.
Speaker 31: That that's probably that's probably SOMETHING i should have looked up BEFORE i started defending.
Speaker 3: Him, so so that was one of my. Favorites but so we want to get these dates for you because they're coming. Up it's In july the twenty. Second it's been two nights in a. Row, now That's chattanooga the comedy. Catch so tickets are available Now frank owned stage dot. Com So, chattanooga y'all go ahead and Move. Nashville you guys At zanies have always been good To. Frank but letting you know he's coming back on the twenty, third move on those tickets. Too that you can find both those links at frankownstage dot. Com, So, frank let's talk about the state Of. Caliendo sure you've been at this how long?
Speaker 30: NOW i graduated from college in nineteen ninety, six and uh so basically since since.
Speaker 3: Then, YEAH i.
Speaker 30: Got on stage a couple times BEFORE i. GRADUATED i went to school at The university Of, Wisconsin. MILWAUKEE i got a degree in broadcast, journalism Which i've never really. Used everybody in, broadcasting at least entertainment side rarely has. That a lot of people in sports. Do but so, YEAH i just STARTED i got up ON i got up on stage right around then and started going for. REAL i was working groundscrew to golf court And, uh just just started doing, this figured why, not what else AM i gonna? DO i grew up loving and watching television and movies and stuff like, that SO i just went for.
Speaker 3: It and it Wasn't it wasn't the same as it is. NOW i mean with with the.
Speaker 30: Internet, uh you know a lot of people are doing, impressions a lot of great impressionists out, there Like.
Speaker 3: Speedy Like.
Speaker 30: Speedy, YEAH i was gonna include him. Eventually and uh and uh and one of Those, uh it's you get the you have the opportunity to see more, people to to to to practice. More WHEN i was At MAD tv and we wanted research on a, character you had to talk to a guy Named dylan who is in the research. Department he would order up A vhs tape from some central you, know recording studio type of.
Speaker 3: THING i don't even know what it, was and you.
Speaker 30: Would three days later you would have some research to, to you, know to work on my at the, time Like Rod roddy From The Price Is. RIGHT i could watch it ON, tv, too but we don't even really RECORD tv that, much SO i it's and now you could just turn on. YouTube you can listen to somebody talk and just start doing the impression of them over and over and.
Speaker 1: Over.
Speaker 3: Uh and that's really what it.
Speaker 30: Is it's it's it's. Repetition and and now you can get it out to a lot of different people. Too and the amazing thing about The internet, is, uh you don't have to you don't have to do stuff that's so. Broad WHEN i started doing, impressions even before, me we go way back to Like Rich little and stuff like, that people had to do impressions that everybody would know because there were only so, many you, know you had to hit enough people that they could talk about and.
Speaker 3: Care.
Speaker 30: Well now you can find something like one of my favorite shows Is Better Call. Saul Uh so one of the characters of, That, uh.
Speaker 3: He'd just be, like did you know that you have? Rights The constitution says she. Do, Hi i'm so good. Man so that's all goodman. Character they could just do.
Speaker 30: That but you put it out, there and now that whole audience can share it with other people who watch. It there's chat groups and stuff like. That and it used to be if you did that obscure of an, impression it was kind of a waste of. Time it's like WHEN i used to do the dad From Alf Max, Right.
Speaker 3: Lynn Brian? Lucky why Is alf eating the?
Speaker 15: Cat you know.
Speaker 3: You try to go for that one right, here didn't? You oh, please if there's an audience that was gonna Get, alf it was gonna be your. Laughing. Yeah so you Know greg had a problem with puppet to human, interaction just so you, know it's a real quirk with. Him uh and, Hey, willie that's my. House but you're right because but do you find yourself because you, know you AND i have been at this a long time and all this kind of happened when we were kind of been at it a. WHILE i was a little reluctant to go What i've got to do THE u, Two i've got to do The, Instagram i've got to do. That what we're producing? Content and then you realize you either get involved in. This are are?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 9: You move?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 3: So were you? Reluctant but now you can share yourself with so many people with my staying at, home if you're willing to put it out? There, YEAH i Mean I'M i go in. Phases there are times WHERE i really like doing it and there are times WHERE i. DON'T i, go what AM i? Doing so it's kind of mix and. Match IT'S i like stuff like, this interacting with other.
Speaker 30: PEOPLE i think that's that's a lot of fun and talking to friends that that type of thing and having a back and. Forth it's a little tougher for me just to put stuff out. THERE i MEAN i WAS i always Felt i'm just old school, too where IT'S i like TO i just shouldn't SAY i like to, work But i'm used to working for people and then doing something they asked me to. Do, hey can you have a conversation with this? Person and then we'll chop it up and put it out. There so it's a little more. Difficult it's just, me you, know gonna show you know what AM i gonna?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 30: Now it's gonna be Uh Paul giamati eating a. SANDWICH i believe this is one of the greatest sub Sandwiches i've ever had in my entire.
Speaker 3: Life AND i am not gonna drink him are low with? IT i, MEAN i don't. Know that's really. Good i've never heard you do him that's. Great, well there's.
Speaker 30: That there's a whole THING i started BECAUSE i was only doing like the impressions That i'd always. Done, sure people started getting on me on the internet like you're not doing anybody. Current i'm, like well they're, current they're just. Old that's kind of what it. Is SO i started doing this thing WHERE i kind of walk people through how it's more entertainment than, educational but it's how to do certain. Impressions so this will help, You, Speedy, okay it's there's two voices THAT i use THAT i can go back to AND i can pull. From one of them Is kermit The. Frog, Hey, Holt kermit the you frog? Here, Right so there's. That So speedy does that, Right let's let's hear It, Speedy.
Speaker 3: Hi, Ho Kermit frog. Here, yeah that's a little. More, Uh Patrick, MAHOMES i mean you, KNOW i THOUGHT i thought it was gonna be, WELL i, mean best drum. THING i think we go out there And, TRAVIS i was doing a nice, job and you got. It so that's the. Thing so SO i Took kermit The frog The frog and brought it into.
Speaker 30: That, Right So kermit The frog And Fizzy BEAR i walk a walk a walk up so that the combined the combination of those two actually gets you To Patrick.
Speaker 3: Mahomes so if you Take kermit the.
Speaker 31: FROG i hold kirmit the frog here, right and you drop it down Becomes john C Riley did you touch my drum? Set did you touch my drum? Set Hey, speedy did you touch my drum? Set so then if you take some put some air into, it it Becomes Mark. RUFFALO i see this as an absolute. Win that's, uh that's really really. Crazy and if you tighten it back up and bring it, down it Becomes Sense brogan Now Seth rogan is Just burt From Burton, ernie and Then Joe rogan is in there. Too rogan is just, like, Wow.
Speaker 3: Jamie pull that.
Speaker 1: Up oh my, god that is.
Speaker 3: Nuts so just like, him those are all. Right and jim otis if you take if you take, uh if you Take Mark Ruffmark ruffalo and.
Speaker 30: Drop it completely, down That's paul jimodyby.
Speaker 3: You, MAN i thank.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 3: Frank we're all taking. Notes we'll come back. More Frank. Callendo go To frank on stage right. Now Chattanooga july twenty, Second, Nashville july twenty, Third. Tennessee here Comes. Frank we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show we talked to the public every. Day trust us you should be gravely. Concerned The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show, Yes Sir Frank caliendo our guest. Today frank on stage dot com to see If frank's coming near You, Chattanooga, tennessee the twenty second Of, July, Nashville, tennessee the twenty third Comedy Catching Chattanooga zanies In. Nashville find out everything that's going on With, frank and he's already give us a little taste the. Audience so we have a text option, now you, Know, frank the audience has instant. Access now you're interacting with the people all the time, now so we're getting instant feedback from the text. Nation they are digging my. Homes they didn't see that. Coming In, giamani they're killing people are loving it as we're getting instant. Feedback so with that being, Said i'm going to see you live on. Stage are you like a band where somebody's Going, look if you want to show us your new, songs we're good with. That but we got to have some. Hits how does that work when you're putting the set? Together you, KNOW i do all THE i hit all the old ones for, sure AND i was for a.
Speaker 30: WHILE i was doing some stuff WHERE i was getting away more from the impressions and people didn't love. IT i would always do the impressions in the, show but there was more. STUFF i was working on some family. Material i'm still doing, that But i've worked at it WHERE i do a bunch of the impressions up front and then the at the end, too so it's kind of bookends it. More but but it's it's it's still tons of impressions That i've Been but you, KNOW i even Throw John madden in. There you, know he's been gone for a, while but it's cyclical because they're doing That John madden movie With Nicholas, cage you.
Speaker 3: Know about That should that? Happen should we allow this? Something something that was weird with him, going, hey Phone madden. Here, yeah, yeah and we're going to steal The declaration Of.
Speaker 1: Independence.
Speaker 30: YEAH i got a call from my. AGE i got a call from my. Agent they want you to audition for that. Movie i'm, like, Really they're like for the part Of Howard. Cosell i'm, like what.
Speaker 3: What are you talking? About Nicholas cage already playing.
Speaker 30: Mad they want, me AND i was, LIKE i don't really do A Howard cosell And i'm not gonna work on it for The BUT i what my thought, was they just wanted to talk to, me to talk to me About John.
Speaker 3: Madden they didn't really want me to.
Speaker 30: Audition and THEN i got another call from a different, agent same, agency and he was, Like, hey they want to have you do a zoom With Nicholas cage and the.
Speaker 3: DIRECTOR i was like, No they're.
Speaker 4: Like what do you?
Speaker 3: Mean, No i'm, like why WOULD i do a?
Speaker 30: ZOOM i want to go hang out With nicholas CAP i want to go To Las vegas and drink myself to. Death, NO i want to go To Las vegas and hang out with. HIM i want to do A Leslie stall type drive and you know around, uh you Know Las.
Speaker 3: VAGS i GUESS i want to ride sidecar.
Speaker 28: With.
Speaker 3: It you, KNOW i want. TO i want to have the moment with. HIM i want to to show me his exotic. Animals here's my monitor, lizard, Right that's WHAT i want to. Do so you want that movie where he actually plays, himself where that, Person.
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, YEAH i want. TO i want to hang out with. It that's WHAT i want to. DO i want, to LIKE i, SAID i ALMOST i. Couldn't my brain wasn't. Working BUT i want to ride sidecar to the Ghost. Rider that's WHAT i want to.
Speaker 3: DO i want to hang out with.
Speaker 30: Them so it didn't, happen BUT i think that's because they probably wanted me to sign AN nda or. Something nobody told me, that But i'm guessing that they didn't want me to talk about it LIKE i am right now with So i'm using it like the only THING i want with that that movie is to have it for. Material my agent is, like, well if you talk to maybe you could get a small. Part I'M i getting a lot of small. Partner i'd want a small part in in any other, movie but not THAT i. GO i want to be able to talk about that movie and make fun of, it like different, things or have fun with, it you, know or talk about WHAT i, dissort just like if you're part of. Something, Now i've just got to you, know be a shill for. It so uh, SO i we'll see how it. Works i've seen some of the. PICTURES i think he looks pretty, good AND i think That Christian bale as Al davis looks. Amazing, YEAH i saw that looks like it's gonna be pretty. Good but you, know but you do the voice, perfectly he's not going to get the voice. Right that's gonna drive.
Speaker 3: Me, yeah BUT i couldn't look like him That i'm five, Six.
Speaker 30: Matt if you saw those pictures of how they did the maddened, body it's it's really it's really quite.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Uh BUT i maybe it should have been like Doctor. Evil they call Me Midden. Madden i'm a tiny Little, wait there's a big mad right. There i'm a little mad right, here and then boom win a Super. Bowl. Yeah, SEE i thought you were saying they were going to get you owned to try to Teach NICHOLAS. K, well that's what that that's WHAT i think They that's what they wanted was to talk about.
Speaker 30: It AND I i never got to that because it's not even six am, here BUT u it's that's that's the type of thing they wanted to be working.
Speaker 3: WITH i could WORK i could have worked with him on it because he's he's up.
Speaker 9: In, here in, here There's nicholas k in, here, right and then you bring it down and it's more, glottal and then it becomes from here into The John madden down.
Speaker 30: There so that's kind of the bubble in the throat that's got a Little kermit And fozzy as.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah people are, asking, hey have you ever Done John? Malkovich John.
Speaker 14: Malkovich, YES i apparently need to say the name before doing.
Speaker 4: It ARTER.
Speaker 14: I went From John madden To John malkovich and it apparently is working.
Speaker 3: When They you remember When sarah Not live had him read to us the night Before christmas and he just went off to the. Kids he scared. Him that's one of the funniest things actually people do with him on a skit. Show, yeah he's, SOMETHING i, mean just a great. Actor so so, yeah So, madden this movie could actually bring that, back BECAUSE.
Speaker 32: I think it.
Speaker 30: WILL i think it will bring a bunch of mad and talk back at. Least, Yeah i'll get like people are constantly anytime one of those pictures comes out from that, movie people are texting or tweeting me and hitting me and tagging me on different platforms of social. Media So i'll have to it'll be fun and annoying at the same. Time kind of a thing like people, going.
Speaker 3: Why weren't you playing to? Them you should be playing to. Them i'm, like, WELL i mean A Nicholas.
Speaker 30: Cage never, before as anybody, said you would be way better Than Nicholas cage of me for.
Speaker 3: Anything do people like it just happened with the text, line do people expect you to be able to do anybody on? Command? Yes AND i tell them Is i'm more of a magician than a. Wizard so and that people are, like what's the?
Speaker 30: Difference they, Go, well a magician practices a trick over and over and over to be able to fool you into believing that you're experiencing something that you're, not that you're seeing that you're. NOT a wizard does not, exist and a wizard would just conjure up a spell or something like. THAT i was turning Into John malkovitch conjure a spell that would turn someone into a.
Speaker 3: Lizard, yeah but now that you have those little, things you taught us how to do. It but somebody like, YOU i would, think we never want to try something if you didn't think it was going to be. Good, WELL i have. TO i have to try it out all the.
Speaker 30: Time but it's it's difficult to put it out there before anybody knows it because people really hear different. Things your ears dif you ever do that thing where there's the are we?
Speaker 3: Going can you hang one?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 9: Yeah of?
Speaker 3: Course all, Right so the text line is, saying you can't lay Without. Gruden of, course so we have to do before. You he's already doing the. Face he's already doing the. Face he's got overtime right after.
Speaker 1: This this is The Rick Burgess Show. Morning you, know order to truly benefit from this, show you must have a sense of. Humor so lighting Up francis and enjoy The Rick Burgess, show brand new.
Speaker 3: Hour thank you for being with Us. America Frank caliendo is our, guest always a Blast. Tennessee if you want to go See frank on stage to get to our available now To, Chattanooga, Tennessee july twenty, second the Comedy catch the twenty third very next, Night, Nashville tennessee At Zany's frankostage dot com for that date and others if you'd like to go See frank somewhere. Else So frank has been visiting with. Us he was kind enough to stay a little bit. Longer And, Frank i'm seeing the stuff that you warned about that you are a, magician not a. Wizard so because you do. Impressions this is the ONE i THINK i like the most that wants you to be a. Wizard AND i wonder where the thought process was on this. One So greg AND i Are, dad iconic coach in the state Of, alabama passed away In december of twenty twenty. Three SO i just released a book about. Him, now keep in Mind dad is not even on the earth. Anymore, uh you've never met my? Dad and the text nation actually says you Think frank could do an impression of your? Dad probably?
Speaker 5: Not And i'm, like that's a that's a tough.
Speaker 3: ONE i don't. See, so, wizard would you like to work that one? Out do you have any? Audio?
Speaker 1: Not not ready to?
Speaker 12: Go so that was.
Speaker 5: Good Maybe i'll send you some you can prepare for the next time you come on to the.
Speaker 3: Unit you get AS i could pretend Like i'm actually gonna do. That, yeah, yeah well, yeah let's.
Speaker 4: Do, that got? It?
Speaker 3: Yeah all you got to say is, that, hey you two are so stupid they put your brain in a humming bird and fly backwards up a mules. Butt so now we know where Doctor phil got.
Speaker 28: Is that's.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i think the one you would like the most would have been If i'd ordered a truckload of stupid people and ALL i got was, YOU i would have got my money's worth. Such that's, Such dad slash posts all that good. Stuff so, Anyway, Frank let's people are asking they Wanted? Gruden of, course you, know and this is different because tell me if we have this ride by all, appearances unlike With. Madden, okay let's just say. It gruden loved. It oh, yeah yeah he. Was he was all. In, Yeah john's.
Speaker 30: Fantastic, actually there's a there's a pretty good. STORY a couple of years, Ago i'd never been To italy. Before uh and my family we went. To we went To we went To italy and we were In rome AND i took a picture and in front of the coliseum and posted it On. Instagram and THEN i got a text from a guy Named Jeff, leonardo who Is John gruden's right hand, man and he, said did you Know john is In rome right?
Speaker 3: Now i'm, like how would they Know john? Is it's a pretty big. City do you THINK i have? GRUDAR i guess is that?
Speaker 28: What?
Speaker 3: You i'll tell you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: MAN i feel like there's somebody here who reminds me of my. Shelf. Right, now, man what's this all? ABOUT a little spider? Too why? Bananas that what's going? On so he goes Text. John SO i Text john and he's, like you want to have? Dinner? MAN i was like, Yeah so we set.
Speaker 30: Up to go to dinner because having to, say, man that's what it. Is, MAN i, Said, Man, MAN i JUST i don't. Say that's what he said to, me, GOES i don't say, Man, MAN.
Speaker 3: I just said it man Man.
Speaker 30: Man so we end up going to dinner and he's doing like plays With he doesn't even know he's doing, it like that play he's known for spider To why? Banana he's doing spaghetti, Too why? Briushetta you, know he, says take a look at, this, man it's gonna go. Left you know what the primary is on that the? Meatball man throw it to the. Meatball so we go to we go to. Dinner he goes to the wrong place, first even though he set it. UP i don't know what was going on. There, uh but we end up having a great dinner and, uh you, know he's just our. Families it's it's pretty. Cool and then last TIME i was In. Tampa he came out to a show and it was A this is before he started doing all this stuff with, barstool which is great because he's Always he's constantly got content out there of him opening up.
Speaker 3: Boxes what's inside of his? Box?
Speaker 30: Man you ever see he opens up a box from a different, school school sends him. Something but sometimes there's a box inside of a. Box he's, like a, second THERE'S i just opened up this. Box there's another box inside of this blowing my?
Speaker 3: Mind?
Speaker 30: Man you ever see that Movie inception With Leonardo. DiCaprio i don't.
Speaker 5: Know if this is a dream reel right?
Speaker 30: Now, man it's in side of this, box there's another. BOX i Don't the other WAY i know is if that box is, reel is if this top is spinning or. Not i'd like to Meet Leonardo. DiCaprio he looks like a good.
Speaker 21: Guy.
Speaker 3: Man you ever see him In. Titanic it's a pretty good. MOVIE i love to be at the front of the. Ship i'm the ping of the world. Man, yeah he actually opened a box from the college where dad Coach Jacksonville State. University oh, really, yeah they put that. Out he was he got all kinds of stuff From Jake. State oh, yeah that's it's great all the stuff he. Gets, Uh AND i Think cincinnati was the first one to send him. Something but it's just.
Speaker 30: Funny he walks. In he had hip, surgery so he has this that was a while. Ago AND i think he's been opening so many. Boxes he's not taking it carefully like he. Should but he just limps in with a giant buck this. Box, man he's gonna be a good one right. Here, yeah exactly what he, does like he just looks and he's, LIKE i can't wait to open up this. Box then he's, like he's the only Guy i've ever seen him do ads for things while he's doing ads for other, things like you'll have like a pizza hut hat on while he's got A Papa john. Shirt you're, going which one are you promoting right? NOW i love pizza. MAN i just gotta did you ever do a barstool pizza?
Speaker 3: Review one? Bite everybody knows the? Rules come, On i'm gonna Go chucky on this, thing. Man so and also Text nation is, saying you always have an, obligation you have to do the president every?
Speaker 5: Time how MUCH i DO.
Speaker 3: A very quiet, ONE a very quiet.
Speaker 33: One, rick and a lot of people are saying a lot of people are saying tremendous, things that we're doing great things and we're gonna have peace throughout the. Galaxy we're gonna have not just the. World we're doing great. Things we're doing great. Things we're gonna have peace throughout the galaxy and the. Universe it's Like. Fannish fannish came and he, SAID i want to get rid of half of. Everything AND i, said why not just expand the universe to trace as? Much and he, SAID i never thought of.
Speaker 3: That oh that's getting that soft voice is the. Best, yeah it's the great. One it's the great. One it's the. Great it's very. Good it's very. Good AND i got this From Joe, Biden Joe Joe, Biden biden, Baby, Joe Joe folks WHEN i was.
Speaker 34: YOUNGER i go on with Scribed pennsylvania very four or five so, far The Roman, Empire, Romans Mario. Luigi very, Good, joe very.
Speaker 3: GOOD i think people just miss me. Now whatever you were talking about It bush still wonders the planet with that same look that you brought. Out he looks like you got he got away with. Something stuff. Happens, man they talk about. Muppets he's the first President i've ever seen that would laugh like a muppet.
Speaker 1: Like that's pretty.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: Man who those old guys up in the, balcony that's me And joe were great people. Together why do we always come? HERE i Guess i'll never. Know it's like some kind of torture folks to.
Speaker 9: Have to watch the.
Speaker 3: Shows there's something so wrong with. You it's a way that you could do what you do and be.
Speaker 30: Normal and then For President obama was he was the, clearest, Right, oh let me be clear because he was going to be clear because he, said let me be. Clear he talked slow at the beginning and speed up at the. End so is that that whole, thing which is also How Robert Downey junior does it speak slowly at the, beginning quickly at the, second but also have a.
Speaker 3: Burp you've got to work out the second half of the. Sentence so people are, asking it's, true all of us when we hear ourselves, recorded we really don't sound the way we thought we. Did how do you know when you have it? Right is there's just some trust? There you can just figure it. Out did your years work WHEN i work.
Speaker 30: On, It i'll play it back a bunch, Out so it does sound different in my head than it does out. Loud, so, uh you got to go back and then The sometimes you don't have to sound exactly like the, person, right you just have to sound what people think the person sounds. Like the opposite of that Is Morgan. Freeman if If i'm going to Do Morgan, freeman pretty much gotta do it right on the, money, Right but everything else can have some sort of over the top type of you, know version of that, impression which makes it. Funnier you can nail the impression with the voice and it. Works it's it's a little different on social media because people are looking at small. Screens the over the top stuff isn't as good as it is live because live it makes people. Laugh but people when they're watching a little, screen you're, like, wow that sounds exactly like the.
Speaker 3: Person so it's kind of got to be a.
Speaker 30: Mix but, yes SO i do sound different in my head THAN i do uh WHEN i listen back to, It SO i have to play it over and over and over to to kind of tweak.
Speaker 3: It you can get the, cadence, yeah like you can get the. Cadence and that's the most important. Thing you, know old school it was shit WHEN i do. It williams. Shat you just need to pause at the right.
Speaker 30: Places and now people Do christopher walking and you could be, low you could be. High you just have to get the cadence.
Speaker 3: Right so, yeah it's just really what that. Is and you're good at putting a face in there THAT i think. Helps.
Speaker 5: Right oh, yeah if you can get a facial, expression we're all in.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah.
Speaker 30: Yeah facial expression and mannerisms helps mask the deficiencies in the.
Speaker 3: Voice oh it's a little, diversion a little bit version like. Magic thank, You. Frank love hearing you again and looking forward to continuing to visit when you need. Us So, Chattanooga, Tennessee july twenty, second don't miss It Comedy Catch july twenty, Third Zaniest Comedy club In. Nashville Also, Phoenix arizona In. August if you want to check that one out to It frank on stage dot. Com thank, You, Frank thanks.
Speaker 1: Guys this is The Rick Burgess. Show god fearing Had america loving The Rick Bridget.
Speaker 3: Show thank you for being with Us. America thank, You. FRANK Calli indome for another great. Visit great to hang out With frank. Again always. Fun catch Him chattanooga In. Nashville you don't want to miss the show and you can get those details At frank onstage dot. Com all, RIGHT i want to point you to this. Too when you left the property, today did you did you feel good when you had to leave your? Home or you have property that you're not at all the, time do you feel like it's? Secure? WELL i don't want to Be Debbie, downer but if you don't have a simply safe, system.
Speaker 5: How about.
Speaker 3: This most of the design of the industry is to be, reactive not. Proactive i'm reacting to what, happened as opposed To i'm trying to keep it from ever. Happening simplysafe dot com slash Big box says when you lock their, system you're also unlocking peace of. Mind the active guard outdoor protection is a big step forward in the. INDUSTRY ai powered cameras and real live monitoring agents keeping eye on the place twenty four to, seven meaning they can interact if something's happening on the. Property somebody is coming up to your, home what are you doing? Here we're active we're. Liveguard we're checking. Out what are you doing? Here do you Know burgs is he expecting? You they're not? Here what are you doing? Here and they can actually stop something before it ever, happens and say there's a medical.
Speaker 5: Emergency they would see.
Speaker 3: It say there's a, fire they see, it a, flood they're getting help on the, way a medical emergency of some. Kind so there's no long term, contracts there's no hidden, fees and right now we can get you at fifty percent. Off so go To simplysafe dot, com slash big vox and get a new system at fifty percent. Off also look for our link there At rick burgessshow dot com right there under the sponsor's.
Speaker 5: Button so let's.
Speaker 3: Talk we've got an. Update you. Know one of the things we didn't update as far as kind of. News now we have talked, about you, know the, ceasefire then the violation of the, ceasefire and then Now trumps saying, no we're not let's not start that back.
Speaker 5: Up everybody be. Calm so we talked about, that but we haven't.
Speaker 3: Updated we haven't given you an update on The michigan shooter that rammed his vehicle into the church did y'all see That over the, weekend The Michigan police have released the identity of the gunman who opened fire on A sunday church. Service this was In, Wayne, michigan and the now deceased shooter Was Brian Anthony, browning thirty. One they've not commented on the potential, motive but this may give us a little insight. Here they're Saying browning's mother is a member of the, church and the suspect attended services two or three times over the last. Year so is this something involving? Family you know WHEN i first heard, it BECAUSE i know When bubba talked about this in the years Of. Ricking bubba And, greg you remember that because this is where you still. Live you, know they had an active shooter Where bubba went to church one time and he And, betty you know the story about hiding in the bathroom and all, That and that was a domestic. Situation it had to do with. Family you, know the person came to do harm to an ex wife or you, know a separated wife or something like. That so this looks to be more in line with that kind of, deal or maybe just a person is mentally. Ill but this was not a stranger to the. Church the bottom line had AN ar fifteen style rifle and had more than a dozen fully loaded, magazines semi automatic handgun with an extended, magazine and hundreds of rounds of. Ammunition. Wow and the reason why more harm wasn't done is because the church has done what many churches have to. Do now they have a security person there and he killed.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 8: Yeah AND i think a church member was pulling up IF i had this right in a truck and saw what was going on and ran him, over which kind of stunned, him and then the security took him.
Speaker 3: Out, yeah deacon hit him with a. Truck how does that, feel? Buddy, Yes and some of you are also asking you on text, nation did we Hear trump drop THE f? Bomb, yes we.
Speaker 19: Did we.
Speaker 3: Did we covered that. Too, yeah he's he's not happy with either side and the. Ceasefire he was not a fan of people violating the seasfire in only a few. Hours so, yes we we actually played that early on the program and and beleeped. It so Uh, so, anyway so there's the update on the shooter and you know this is the AND i don't want to go. There when we were we were talking earlier about everything that's going, on you, know With, israel and and you, know this is the center of the, universe and you, know we were talking about all, that and and it never it never. Fails AND i probably should and open the, door but it never fails to go into all the discussion of end times and the different theologies of all. This BUT i just have to take this one because this one is just so blindingly obvious to. Me is people who and someone's already said, this people who actually believe that right, now we're living in the thousand year reign Of.
Speaker 5: Christ thousand year. Reign, okay The michigan.
Speaker 3: Shooter, okay you realize that just something as simple as that the thousand of your, Rain satan and the demons are. Bound we're getting a taste of how it would be if we didn't have to deal with. That do y'all not see demonic forces? EVERYWHERE i, mean this is the thousand year millennial. Reign it's almost like you say, that but you never really read about what scripture says the thousand year reign is going to look. Like first of, all you got a real issue right out of the. GATE i don't since That satan and The demons are bound at?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Now is anybody, Hello do y'all feel like y'all are living the way things could have been if that had never happened With jesus reigning over? Us right? NOW i feel Like i'm in a.
Speaker 6: SIMULATION i don't feel Like i'm in the thousand, yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah the characteristics of the thousand year reign are. Nowhere what are we talking.
Speaker 3: ABOUT i can't even believe that that's even a thought because it's so easily refuted unless you just look at what scripture says about the thousand year reign and, say, well the scriptures got that. Wrong that was just weird because we start talking, about you, know the peace is not coming to The Middle east until we get to the end of it. All all we're trying to do is to pull off moments of, peace Which i'm all, about and we should do.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: Interesting The, democrats of, course have tried to go to Impeach trump because they're claiming that things That democrats have done when they were, president they can do, it But trump. Can't and Even, Charmlaine, CHARMLAINE i know he's With. Charmlaine what Is this is radio Host Charlemagne, charlemagnegen But i'm not gonna call him what he wants to be. Called you, know he's a pretty Big, democrat and even he is saying demanding congressional approval for these kind of strikes that his Fellow democrats all sound like hypocrites since we've Had democrats and this president who have done the same. Thing oh, yeah, Yeah so this this comes across like temper tantrums and crazy. Inconsistent so even your Fellow democrats think you look. Silly we'll be right. Back stay.
Speaker 1: Closely this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who was bold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog. Years dogs just don't live as long as. Humans Week.
Speaker 3: Birches here we, Go, america still to come To burgess ball. Battle here they, are the box seats are settled. In they come from all Over alabama today unless most of our home state Volks, Florence alabama represented eclectic DID i say, right wee guffka look at me going? There they all are ready to. Go it's it's just about all. Dudes we've only got one woman in here, Today are you all? Right there's a lot of testosterone in.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 3: Uh, so so we'll see what happens with The Burgess ball battle coming up a little bit later on The On Friday's, BATTLE a thousand dollars went out of, here. Speedy You, uh you've. Gathered you, know we always love to discuss studies and then of course we ripped them to. Shreds so so a couple of. Studies what are my what are our?
Speaker 5: Topics? Uh vacation and? Nightmares which?
Speaker 3: One which one would you?
Speaker 28: Like?
Speaker 3: Well i've had both at the exact same. Time, yeah, yeah both of those running side by. Side when is the last time you had a? NIGHTMARE i can't. Remember nightmare mine.
Speaker 4: WAS i was.
Speaker 3: Dreaming we were out for. Lunch y'all made me. PAY i was dreaming when out.
Speaker 6: Straight i've had some weird ones.
Speaker 3: Recently weird, ones, yeah BUT i mean nightmare when you wake.
Speaker 6: Up, WELL i guess it was a couple of years ago AND i had a friend pass away and Then i've.
Speaker 3: Dreamed you ever heard? That thanks? Buddy? Wow what do you?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 3: Then then you kind of and you have one last conversation with? Him? Okay? Horrible? Horrible wasn't it was just?
Speaker 7: Sad?
Speaker 5: Yeah thank, you, GRACIOUS i don't know what do you guys have dreams?
Speaker 3: About it's?
Speaker 5: Fun you, right.
Speaker 3: You may be, shocked But i'm constantly playing in THE. Nfl, really you really have that? Dream and what's weird Is i'm exactly the same age am now And i'm pulling it. Off but when the when they fumble AND i pick it, UP i can't. Run do you hate?
Speaker 19: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah oh, yes, yes, yeah my legs don't. Work, yeah but probably if you you have nightmares that Like i'm talking, ABOUT i call them lifers like you've never forgotten. THEM i, MEAN i mean it shook you up so bad that you still remember them even though they were years. Ago, LOOK i THINK i don't remember what AGE i, was but and THIS i hated this. One to. Me this is the biggest foul that a Not american ever pull on. Anybody it ought to be, illegal okay or. SOMETHING i don't know who would rule on, that But i'd like to talk To god about. It but, Anyway, so so in the, DREAM i am constantly being pursued by The devil. Himself what was?
Speaker 4: Doing?
Speaker 5: Listen? Listen and of course.
Speaker 3: He's in he's in like a suit and he's just a he's just a normal looking, guy BUT i know he's trouble and like every every EVERYWHERE i, go he's. There AND i go inside a movie theater AND i, think, WELL i finally have have dodged. Him AND i look and he's sitting right next to. Me so Then i'm like running. Home here comes the. Foul So i'm running. Home, okay this is back where we lived at Chiall acres number, one where we had a car port because we never we know what a garage. Was everybody had a car. Port SO i GET i get to the house And i've made, it and all of a, sudden in the, dream here comes the big. FOUL i wake up and think the dream's, over But i'm not really. Awake ooh the FAKE i dream a wake up AND i, Went i'm glad that's. Over wait till you hear. This SO i go into the kitchen where my mom. Is everything seems real normal and she's like doing breakfast and all, that and it's like A, saturday And i'm, like, man that dream was.
Speaker 5: Terrible i'll go outside to get.
Speaker 3: Something outside opened the door and he's standing on the car port and he, says you can't run away from.
Speaker 1: Me oh good my, goodness you.
Speaker 3: Too and THEN i woke up and it was like a second wake. Up got a funny? Dream, well he said, Nightmare, greg you didn't say good. Dreams, yeah we're talking about.
Speaker 5: NIGHTMARES i always used to have one where a shark was trying to eat.
Speaker 3: Me, Yeah i've had. Animals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah and you tried to punch it in the, nose but you're under water so you can't.
Speaker 3: Punch oh, yeah at least it says like one NIGHT i dreamed THAT i WAS i was almost falling in a pond AND i was running trying to get back up the. Bank AND i woke her up BECAUSE i was actually. Running so you'll do the action in the.
Speaker 5: Bed, yeah, okay you were.
Speaker 3: Kicking well you. Don't you fall too sometimes and hit the. Bell, YEAH i.
Speaker 6: HAD i had zombies with chain saws. Chasing why do the zombies need chain? Saws they don't need chain? Saws and zombies got chain saw.
Speaker 3: Right you mixed them with the Chainsawse And, greg you you told us years ago that if you're in a dream and you catch, yourself you and then going to slay down and you'll wake.
Speaker 5: Up you do it all the time you lay down in the.
Speaker 3: Dream so WHEN i was a, kid like if a monster has chased, me like this is just a, dream And i'd lay down This oh, Yeah i'd wake up and then and THEN i had a nightmare that lasted for several. MONTHS i was a preloader FOR U. P. S, oh but, anyway you were sleeping on the. Job, well a lot of TIMES i hate that before the clock goes off to come, Here i'll dream that the clock went, off and THEN i Think i'm, up and then i'll send the clock will actually go off And i'm actually wasn't.
Speaker 8: Up so there's a new study that has come out that that, found oh, Gosh i'm. Mighty, people y'all texting pictures, now y'all got y'all got me?
Speaker 3: Roasting can you see?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay y'all. Youto that's, Funny, god that's. Funny i'm, sorry really getting the hands speaking of, Nightmares speaking of a, Nightmare speedy's working on. One, yes, Uh New state found too many nightmares can kill. You people who average at least one nightmare a week or three times more likely to die before they hit.
Speaker 8: Seventy matter of, fact they're saying weekly nightmares were found to be a stronger predictor of premature death than things like, smoking, obesity poor, diet low physical.
Speaker 5: ACTIVITY i can, Smoke i'm.
Speaker 8: Okay research was The European academy Of NEUROLOGY uh in twenty twenty, five and they revealed the nightmares and frequent nightmares and what they can do like pre.
Speaker 5: Aging uh, huh that's a dumb. Thing, okay so it's a dumb.
Speaker 3: Thing that's a, dumb dumb. Thing if you have a nightmare once a, week.
Speaker 5: That's do you keep this? Up we're going to play that national anthem.
Speaker 3: Again oh don't do.
Speaker 5: That but but you're saying that you don't think it's an indicator of early, death and they say it.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah you. Can't you see, ANYBODY i don't have them that? Frequent anybody? Have how they find that maybe we just have somebody what they? Had they did a wow a lot of people here their analysis. Here the results showed that adults reporting weekly nightmares were more than three times as likely to die prematurely before seventy compared to those who rarely are never experienced. Nightmares, well stress will kill.
Speaker 6: You and if you're having nightmares that, frequently you're probably really stressed out in.
Speaker 3: Life maybe is that why they're saying, Them, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 8: Know they also went on and said children and adults with more frequent nightmares also exhibited faster biological, aging which accounted for about forty percent of the heightened mortality. Risk so, anyway it went into the hundreds of thousands of adults.
Speaker 5: And kids that were researched in.
Speaker 3: THIS i, did, yep BUT i kept. Dreaming it wouldn't. Stop it won for a long time That Joe biden was. Present oh you're. Kid, yeah it was crazy that. Nightmare.
Speaker 5: Yeah on another one, here this and this is just.
Speaker 8: Quick but what y'all feel like when it comes to vacation is the is like the best and worst parts of it best and. Worst, yes there's a new study that came out that rated the best and worst parts of being on.
Speaker 3: Vacation, look i'll tell you, What it's pretty obvious looking, forward the vacation is always better than actually doing. It boys like, you looked at this.
Speaker 8: Survey it said over half of the people love being on their vacation, destination but twenty eight percent of the people say just planning it and the anticipation of it is sometimes more fun than actually being on. Vacation the excitement of, leaving, right that's, it and the planning. Process, yeah BECAUSE i tell you to take the joy of your vacation real. Quick is either the travel real?
Speaker 3: Quick?
Speaker 5: Yeah well you talk about sucking the life out of your great?
Speaker 3: Day, yeah, yeah of.
Speaker 8: Course the worst, part according to this, study is the post vacation, funk when you're just it's over your the.
Speaker 3: OPPOSITE i have being. Back i'm usually a lady when vacation's. Over. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's nice to have too long of a vacation because then you're, like, oh CAN.
Speaker 3: I wait for this vacation to be over a?
Speaker 5: WEEK i can remember when we were. Kids you didn't like to go on. Vacation didn't care for.
Speaker 16: Too.
Speaker 3: Disruptive he wants to stay home and blow ant bed so. FIRE i find vacations to being crazy. Disruptive, YEAH i didn't like.
Speaker 8: It, yeah the Before greg calls us. Stupid a survey of about two thousand adults who've traveled within the last year or, so they did a survey on different. Things two and Three americans say the anticipation of the next trip or planning part is, exciting sixty eight percent said while they're actually on, vacation but seventy something percent said as the vacation winds down and the post funk vacation is.
Speaker 5: Absolutely the worst part because now it's like you're back to. Reality, yeah you got to pay for, It yeah, Yeah i'm, yeah you get that end up.
Speaker 3: Money you're okay with vacation ending BECAUSE i feel LIKE i did WHAT i feel Like i've accomplished what it was supposed to. Accomplish you, know it isn't, reality uh and, uh and it was. Great it served its. PURPOSE i never feel like THAT i could stay more.
Speaker 8: The, uh the the post funk vacation as people are more agitated with traffic.
Speaker 3: Vacation, funk post vacation.
Speaker 5: Funk that's WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Said you said post funk. Vacation oh really, okay well that doesn't, matter but you wanted to bring it.
Speaker 8: Up but, anyway just being stuck in traffic and as, yeah and then just getting home everything's a.
Speaker 3: Mess you unloading the.
Speaker 5: Car what about when your vacation is over and you had to fly and it's over and.
Speaker 3: You delay getting.
Speaker 6: Home oh oh, boy you know What's one of the worst is going to pick up the dogs from the boarding.
Speaker 3: Place you. Know yeah, Five, Yes i'm so GLAD i don't have to deal with that. ANYMORE i used to. Load it's the. WORST a lot of Times i'd go days and just not go pick the dog. Up, YEAH i won't go on extra.
Speaker 5: Day, yeah i'd.
Speaker 3: Work we just want a quiet.
Speaker 5: House, LOOK i go pick up an extra job just so that dog will stay.
Speaker 4: Atone.
Speaker 8: Yes have you all heard anybody like house sit and just take care of your dollars by staying at the.
Speaker 3: House, No i've had people. Stop, Bye i'm not staying. THERE i don't want people staying. THERE i, MEAN i wouldn't care who it. Was stay out of my. House, NO i don't want.
Speaker 5: To that's just Too i've got house seeing.
Speaker 3: PEOPLE i.
Speaker 22: Know.
Speaker 3: Really oh, yeah there's people that they stay at your. House, no, NO i, SAID i. Know, yeah they got. STUDENTS i know that's how they made. Money. Yeah have you have you ever had stay they stayed to? Somebody has?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 3: Win here's, YEAH i did it one. TIME i didn't like. IT i didn't mean.
Speaker 1: To but is The Rick burgess? Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the. Table cool, no and get on the. Show what eighty eight six leaden Box shire to.
Speaker 3: Come At burgess Ball battle from the vox. Seats but right now your time to Speak. America all lines are. Open unscreen phone. Calls here we. Go, uh this is where you just dial. Up you're gonna you're gonna hear. Ringing it's all, Right ringing's all. Right we don't use call sprinders. Anymore we just screen on the. Flock all ten lines available eight eight eight the number six big. Box that's eight eight eight six two four four eight six, nine and we'll roll through them rapid. Fire if you start dialing, now you should get in just a quick look at. Email you, know it's always a good, feeling you, know when you feel like you're having impact a BIRD a, BIRD i, mean when when you see moments like, this it just warms your. Heart i'm not one to, brag but given your recent success and inspiration as a, Handyman i'll make an. Exception Last, saturday my wife was complaining about all the flies at our. HOME a lot of flies us So. Sunday So sunday after, CHURCH i took it upon myself to solve this problem and hang not, one not, two but three fly flaps our flight.
Speaker 5: Wraps you tell me, too along one when they all stick to?
Speaker 3: It, now this this, feet this feet required extensive use of a six foot aluminum ladder in The alabama. Heat you don't have, to Because i've already given myself a pat on the. Back thank, You rick for your inspiration and drawing us all to a new standard of. Handymen oh how that? Is that's that's getting after? It is this the summer of the? Flies straight?
Speaker 4: Out?
Speaker 5: YEAH i feel like there's more flies out there.
Speaker 8: Too we put a couple of those traps, around AND i, Asked, terry are we attracting the flies to get? Trapped or they're just that many? Flies you have to watch that unscreen phone calls my.
Speaker 3: Kids my kids look like they have. Measles the, Mosquitoes oh, sure they're.
Speaker 5: Everywhere Rick Birders, show go.
Speaker 21: Ahead good, morning guessin', speedy it's gonna be okay. TOMORROW i, Mean i'm pretty. Sure, well mussile sure all hate out on the good luck you know you'll need.
Speaker 3: It it was going so well there for a, minute at least he was. Honest we Continue Rick Birders show unscreen phone.
Speaker 7: Calls go, Ahead, hey, GUYS i wanted to know what would be your ideal vacation.
Speaker 5: LENGTHS i know y'all were talking about your vacation lengths would.
Speaker 3: Be seven, days ten, days or maybe like two weeks of?
Speaker 5: Fourteen wait three four days for?
Speaker 3: Me, yeah three go? For BUT i WISH i was leaving one. Third, yeah four days is perfect for. Me yeah you, hey you big for is pretty good because you mean you're traveling on two of. Those.
Speaker 6: Yeah to, me three nights is great because then you get two full. Days yeah and then, There, yeah you can get, there spend the, night two full. Days you don't have to repack or unpack or. Whatever that's to me almost.
Speaker 3: Max, well and you also have to ask me a. Question, okay and, look just just be, real it's gonna. BE i love my, family love. Them AM i vacationing with just my, wife just the two of us are the whole there's a whole cotton pick a bunch, going, okay and that's too completely different that. Experiences. Yeah NOW i found myself being off With sherry WHERE i may never. Return but but you when you bring the whole, Bunch, yeah, yeah. Agreed the power of a party of. Two you can get a, lot you, know it's so. Much everybody's in, line kids, crying walling, around out and out in the. Grass dad's dad's looking at you like can you, Help And i'm like, sorry all mine are raised and.
Speaker 5: Altin you're, like, hey, hey party of. Two, okay come on for you said.
Speaker 3: We sit you right. Now that's a that's just a whole different, world just the power of a party of. Two good, gracious it's so. Good.
Speaker 5: Ricky going To New york this. WEEKEND i, Know i'm Already i've been thinking about. It i'll just keep it to. Myself, uh but going, yes.
Speaker 3: But if that's an in and, out we Leave, friday come Back. Sunday but you, know BUT i went to the city for the wedding With blake and his Wife Priscilla september a year, ago and So i've been to the city within the last, year so and some. Change you got that going back to the. City good news is the heat wave stops by the TIME i get. There, okay it's good because it's hot there right. Now it's a thousand degrees right. Now. Uh we Continue Rick Birder show unscreen phone calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 23: YEAH i was going in.
Speaker 32: This your kids had a see trip going up and we'll go To, washington D.
Speaker 3: C will you let him? GO i can't even understand. You, Sure i'm so.
Speaker 32: Sorry kids had A, washington D.
Speaker 23: C trip coming up where the?
Speaker 3: School, yes would you let him? Go?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, yeah SURE i. WOULD i mean that's just.
Speaker 3: Me so that's what he's. Said so he's just thinking. That well he's, thinking you, know with everything with a rhyme and all, that you, know but he probably but, yeah it Wouldn't it wouldn't bother. Me it'd be fine with.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 3: UH i got to live her a. Life, YEAH i mean you, Know i'm Going i'm going To New York city this. Weekend i'm sure some people wouldn't do.
Speaker 27: That.
Speaker 3: Yeh but can't live in. Fear can't live in fear, NOW i. Don't i'm just not called to a spirit of. FEAR i, mean you, don't you don't do anything. Stupid BUT i mean it's we. Can't we can't cower every. Time you, mean like spending that with, strangers, right, See, steven that's.
Speaker 5: Fearless that. Great probably that's taking it further THAN i.
Speaker 3: Would but, yeah, absolutely we continue word your show one go.
Speaker 23: Ahead, yeah this iss chan just call being on my BUBBLE onlk phone AND i wanted to. Complain everybody keeps calling and trying giving me this age and that all.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i. TRIED i stayed with it. Accident my instinct was to end that about fifteen.
Speaker 5: Seconds, yeah gaer forgets to feed.
Speaker 3: Him, NO i feed him all the.
Speaker 6: Time, hey listeners sent me this Mister chen graphic here and it really does look like.
Speaker 3: Him and if y'all want shirts of, that let me know might make Some. Wow remember when he was making?
Speaker 5: Shirts, yeah you made the fun of the one who was he made?
Speaker 3: What come to find? OUT i was? Somebody oh, YEAH i remember. That, yeah it was an awkward moment with a tribute AND i didn't realize it AND i was hacking on. It it was the friend from The. Nightmare yeah.
Speaker 5: Tribute he made a Shirt Rick birder's show on stream phone calls go.
Speaker 3: Ahead that was a weird.
Speaker 6: Shirt oh, YES i ay wanted to know what happens If speedy calls Up larry's.
Speaker 5: Toilet it's all, right So i'm being eaten And i'm clogging.
Speaker 3: Up To those are two things that could. Happen mm hmmy you realize of the two, though clogged toilets, Nothing, yeah, Man i'll take that over being. EATEN i think most THINGS i, Would, yeah ANYTHING i, Would i'm gonna put being. Eaten it's the. BOTTOM i, mean that's that's the last THING i ever, want. RIGHT i think we all agree on the human or animal that's that's, that's that's the. Animere, well you're not gonna eat, me. Y'all, No, No they're going to tie you up for a couple of days and let you know, everything be back To. NORMAN i bet you'll never look at a pat.
Speaker 1: Again this is The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 24: Show you better listen.
Speaker 3: Up you know what we. Say you gotta.
Speaker 1: Find broadcasting from the World The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 3: Show all, Right, america here we, go, Man thank. You hour has. Begun thank you for being. Here much to discuss going forward Today Burgess Ball battle is about to, Commence so we're gonna down right out the. Gates i'm not able to squeeze in some of your calls before we're. Done we didn't get a lot in this last, time but well we may do that before the hour is. Up as we break down the stories of the day things to update you on. TODAY i have the honor of being On Andy Andrews The. Noticer It's Andy andrews. Podcast get that wherever you get. Podcasts if you're following me ON X i've sent the link to. You thank You andy for having me.
Speaker 7: On.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Andy andrews will be here for another round to be true or, byes so more opportunities to. Face get on the wheel and see if you can get that thing to crank some cash for. You we're about to have two people do that now in our vox. Seats can you tell us who will be performing and seeing who can beat who the most points in thirty seconds on The burgess Ball Battle, Speedy i'm gonna send it over to the court your your. Life, okay we.
Speaker 8: Have got in seat One Steven. Skipworth oh look at, it buys up, up.
Speaker 3: Ready to?
Speaker 5: Go also drone number four Here Stan walker was.
Speaker 3: Drawn let's go. Stand oh my, Goodness Dan.
Speaker 5: Walker, okay, boys no, elbowing no, biting no. Kicking we have Got steven to the, left stand to the.
Speaker 8: Right if you all are trying to figure it all, out we are gonna see you get this thing cranked.
Speaker 3: Up you got thirty. Seconds the last ten.
Speaker 5: Seconds everything counts as a.
Speaker 3: Three, okay wait and.
Speaker 4: Go here we.
Speaker 6: Go they're.
Speaker 3: Off steven has drained the first, one so Has. Stan it is four to. Four right, now it is six to. Four stand, Over. Steve right, now it's still six to. Four it's now six to. Six it's eight to. Eight it is ten to. Eight steven. Overstand now we get down ten to.
Speaker 35: Ten, well twelve to, Ten steven down twelve to, twelve ten, seconds twelve is a. Battle fifteen, fifteen eighteen Fifteen stephen, overstand twenty, one fifteen twenty, one eighteen twenty, one twenty, one.
Speaker 3: Twenty four to twenty. One steven.
Speaker 35: Overstand, Wow, Steven stephen wins by.
Speaker 3: Fame what a? Game, Cloud, yeah that's a. Dandy now they go to the. Wheel of, Course steven has earned the right to choose Between stan spins or he spins on his. Own so the, Loser stan will spend. First, Remember, steven you decide to keep his, spin or you can spin on your. OWN i will let both of you. Know the will has been red hot. Lately throwing out that. Cash it could be a, bundle it could be a, bit or it could be. Bucks So, stan you say it's not will to me and give it a. Spin all, right here we, go thank. You, WELL i was gonna, go, yeah a little, bit stand a little. Bit i'm saying about losing, better all. Right so y'all oh oh oh oh, oh.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 26: Right so.
Speaker 3: You could have you could Have greg tell you something he's annoyed. By, yeah and or you could SAY i Think i'll spend for. Myself i'd, say say it's will to me and then spin. It here's the, winner not Choosing.
Speaker 5: Greg you said, smooth spin's got some touch on.
Speaker 3: It you've got some touch on.
Speaker 10: It, uh, Okay, hey, hey.
Speaker 3: Hey let me tell hey. Something, hey let me tell you something about.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 3: Stephen you know it ain't turkey season right, now But i'm gonna tell you don't be cooking it because if you, do, them turkeys is gonna come up after, you like you some kind of lady in. Here so you've got you've got the Spur master turkey. Call so, Okay, well maybe it's selling on E bay make some. Money, yeah there somebody in the family.
Speaker 6: That like his.
Speaker 3: Price the good news is you're gonna interact With gary because he's not real high. Tech he'd probably be emailing. You he'll call you and GO i call you, Then, Hey, hey is this is This. Stephen, hey It's. GEARED i heard you want one of my. Calls i'm gonna send it to. YOU i, mean you, know maybe you can have. Something so that's that could be coming. Up let's say hello to. Them let's say. Hello let me have all the skip works up. Here, Stephen Tommy philips come saying you want to come to come, on come on. Here they got they're all together and they have made their way here From, Florence alabama's all, Right, Florence. Alabama all, right so you guys have any questions or shout, Out, okay you do come? Forward all?
Speaker 6: Right the winter shout out To amy And kim At cafe two twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, yeah brought the. Food, yeah, yeah good, sauce, ball a little pig in the. Blanket i'm on picking a shout out To scottie And. Jake it skips handy. Service that's my. Business he's actually. Handy. Rack, Okay i've got something For. Greg.
Speaker 36: OH i was at race a couple of weeks, ago AND i know you're getting ready for the.
Speaker 3: Crap run that's. Right SO i brought you their race.
Speaker 36: Shirt you might need something to practice, Then OH i want to put it in in your. Office oh, No i'm wearing that because AFTER i give you, This i'm sure people will be sending them to. You, yeah and you may be The larry of race, shirts.
Speaker 3: Right, greg there's, yeah, right there's a.
Speaker 5: SHIRT i got to get my points in the bride of almost thirty seven. Years, Sonyah.
Speaker 3: Now you tell me you were a. Pastor and that's When greg stopped talking to. You, yes, Sir, Right Florence bible charts And florence Good, man thank you for thanks for everything you. Do appreciate.
Speaker 26: It thank is that.
Speaker 3: It that's. Everybody, okay all, Right, okay there they, go they, go there they. Go Congratulations, Steven sorry about that. State Uh so we Have Brad sansom And jack And jack's sans. Them here they, come come, on HERE i. Go here come The. Sansoms There brad And jack an you shout out your, questions all, Right, brad all, right so shout out to my.
Speaker 26: Brother he's an.
Speaker 3: Idiot i'm in touch with. HIM i made it to the radio.
Speaker 37: First so we we we do a little podcast we made fun last year when you guys were going to end the, show we were just waiting for the phone. Call but apparently. Whatever but, Anyway ALSO i got something For adler back. THERE i took a trip To San antonio with my daughter for a band. Trip, okay located something on a wall there.
Speaker 26: To take down for him so he wouldn't so he wouldn't get a.
Speaker 17: From when he.
Speaker 3: Stole he wanted for a key chain. Robbery look at. That you need to put that up in. There trying to help you, out, BUDDY i can't even argue with that. One we need to hang that in. Here you mean you've got a mount put. It i'll put it up on the wall right. There, fantastic, fantastic that's. All thank, you nice to meet both of.
Speaker 26: You have, time.
Speaker 3: And they did not want to come up and, tall But i'm gonna say hello. Too so we also Welcome colts And Amanda. Fincher, yeah they are also. Here they don't want to. Talk they don't want to. Talk they don't want to.
Speaker 6: Talk you.
Speaker 3: Know there they are the vox seats In we had A burgess ball. Battle a turkey call was one down h and we've said hello to everybody in the. Seats more stories to. Come we've got more things on the table that will unpack as the rest of this hour rolls. Out will we try unscreen calls before the hour's? Over, maybe maybe we'll See we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 24: Show SOMETIMES i don't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't HAVE. Ocd he just likes things to be a certain.
Speaker 3: Way Rick, pucious, thanks you're being WITH Us america and spending time. Together any parts that you miss on The Daily, show you, know always catching on the archive our podcast. Channel if you're following, us go to wherever you get podcasts and you just look for The Rick Burgess show and you get the daily archive every. Day be sure you follow that so you get an alert when it's, ready and you also get a best of our. YouTubers you know that you get an archive every, day and there's an hour also available For BLAZE tv, subscribers so you never have to miss any of the program or go back and enjoy parts of it you might have desired to hear or see again if you would like to be part of what we're doing. Here you've been hearing You more and more sponsors coming on than the show really rolling now thanks to all of you out, there and if you would like to be part of, that, people we get these. EMAILS i had some meetings about it. Yesterday how CAN i get something that would be a marketing plan with you, guys a product on the. Show i'd like to do something on a national. Level, well if it's, national it's. Simple you just go To Syndicated solutions At Rick burgesshow dot com or just go To Rick burgesshow dot com under. Contact you'll see that and you can get with The Syndicated solutions and they'll talk to you how to get on all of our. Platforms if you need something, local you can email them or us and we'll get to the market that you desire to be. In we'll get them with you as. Well So Rick Burgess show At Syndicated solutions dot, com or just go To Rick burgesshow dot com look under. Contacts the w n B. A you, know this is the thing you have to watch when you're trying to speaking to. Marketing you're marketing a product that that really was was hasn't up here, CLIMB i do believe And greg you said this off the. AIR i know you can't say, this and you're not allowed to say, this But Caitlin clark has helped the w n B a take huge strides along with other great players that people now have. Seen but she has brought people to the. Game, uh AND i will credit the w n B. A it's it's not Anything i'm interested, in BUT i. Watch, Yeah like you, said the only thing you're less interested in watching men play basketball is watch women play. Basketball that was your. Quote it was but AND i understand. That BUT i have to give them credit that they seem to have bigger. Crowds people are much more interesting, fighting but things like this that. Helps but things like this are step. Back things like this are step. Back this is not the way to go if you're trying to win a large. Audience we have a W nba, announcer a commentator FROM espn is apologizing for this.
Speaker 5: PHRASE i bet you can't guess what do you think she's apologizing?
Speaker 1: For is that he or?
Speaker 6: She it's Two she's you Got Pam ward and you Got Rebecca lobo in the. Booth why do you think commentating and It's rebecca Lower.
Speaker 5: Think of all the things you'd have to apologize, For, greg have you seen the. STORY i have not take.
Speaker 3: It just take a. Guess you'll never get. It chicks she called him. Chicks, no, No, greg that that's.
Speaker 5: Interesting that's the first. Thing that was the first thing that came. Out that's your.
Speaker 3: Mind what about that? Face what about apologizing because you accidentally said that's what Makes america?
Speaker 5: Great, really that's the. Issue why do you have to?
Speaker 3: Apologize, well that's that's a good. Question trump says Make america?
Speaker 5: Great Because trump says, that and you know he's very.
Speaker 6: Divisive so she's gonna say that she disagrees with the fever coach had a challenge the call was. Upheld the announcer says that she she disagrees with the call being. Upheld they disagree with, you they, do AND i disagree with, them and that's. Fine that's what Makes america, great Right Pat?
Speaker 3: Mark, Okay, yeah what that's what you got in trouble.
Speaker 1: About that's.
Speaker 3: Silence that should. SILENCE i should rephrase, that, yes why, yes but.
Speaker 28: YEAH i did opinion are perfectly, yes that's a better way to say.
Speaker 3: That see now that that's not going to help see this story being out. Today you've Made you've made. Strides you do not have to apologize for saying people have a right to an opinion In, america and that's what makes the country, great the ability to express yourself into to agree to. Disagree that's not a controversial statement in any, way shape or. Form you talk about overthinking, Something, YEAH i, mean did you think WHEN i heard, that did anybody go they must Love? Trump? No that that. Thought, never that's a common. Phrase you know. That that's not a political. STATEMENT i thought it's some slur like Don imus did remember? That, greg, BUDDY i know that's where you go every. Time there was.
Speaker 5: No, really of course we, Do, greg he's going to say.
Speaker 25: IT i know he.
Speaker 3: Is don't do. It, yeah don't say, It. Gret we all know.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: No, YEAH i had actually forgotten. It, yeah you brought it. Back we better change the subject and the Text nation has made sure THAT i get it. Created But i'm not going to say, yeah but when you FIRST i figured that's what it. Was, No BUT i JUST i just think that.
Speaker 8: Similar she's basically saying we can disagree and move. On that's what Makes america, Great.
Speaker 3: Okay and that's not a controversial who should be a controversial? Statement, yeah it's not a political. STATEMENT i was gonna watch. It i'm not now, Right, GREG i planned on. It and is there a, circumstance any. Circumstance what would the circumstances be that you watch the w N B a game besides being? PAID i just, yeah you can throw that. In you have to be. Paid that would. HELP i don't. KNOW i can't think of Any, Hey, Papa, yeah, Great, papa you take your.
Speaker 1: Seat w N B. A.
Speaker 3: PAPA i Love.
Speaker 5: Papa who KNOWS i may go and enjoy.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 5: Papa can you take us to the, Game?
Speaker 3: Papa that's what Makes america, Great.
Speaker 17: PAPA i love.
Speaker 21: That, uh.
Speaker 3: That's that's what your.
Speaker 5: Grandkids, Yeah, tapa Where's?
Speaker 3: Indiana all? Right let's say let's say.
Speaker 4: They have a.
Speaker 3: Fever they need to get some some the. Doctor. Papa all, right let me ask you. This you'll just tell them. All let's take the grandkids out because we know they can get you to do. Anything, Okay now we're down to the. Honorarium now we're down to the speaker's. Feet now we're down to the talent, fee whatever you call. It what's the.
Speaker 5: Number you gotta, Go you gotta, go and you gotta, say, hey y'all.
Speaker 3: Always get fired up tonight for filling the blank w n B a team in the. Market i'm in And i'm here for a. Thousand you got to stay for those. Games you got to stay and watch IT mc for the throughout the. Whole, yeah he's doing the whole, game and you got to stay till the end to thank everybody for five.
Speaker 5: Thousand greg would do it for five.
Speaker 3: Thousand you're so under price, sometimes but then you're not Gonna they're not gonna pay anybody a lot for. That they're not going to pay you one thousand for. That, Well i'm just, saying how about, This name two one. Hundred name two w N B a teams and you cannot name the wams that you That Caitlin clark's. On you got to name. Too you cannot one of. Them The. SPARKS i, think what what? City don't?
Speaker 4: Know L? A?
Speaker 5: Okay is that? RIGHT i have no, Idea, GREG i know less about it than you. Do which one Did barker go to h L?
Speaker 3: A i Think sparks lost L. A sparks is a, Team, greg you got. THAT i had to google. It google says one, more one. More you can't Say. India the, uh don't do. It if you, do it's gonna come up with it if you do. IT i honestly don't know. Anything, okay you, don't not. ONE i don't. Either i'm sure somebody's The. Express every new league's got some team named The. Express, hm maybe let me let me google.
Speaker 8: It wish we're going to break right now because he's gonna say something that's, okay Not California.
Speaker 3: Chicks no clean clean that one.
Speaker 5: Up the chicks and, great how do you?
Speaker 4: Do you're?
Speaker 3: Awful WHAT i was got in trouble for? THAT i want to? Say what is you? Said? Yeah he's? Dead he is? Dead he is?
Speaker 21: Dead what?
Speaker 3: About what? About what do you think? About trying to think Of atlanta's got? One don't they? PROBABLY i don't. Know is it The Wilmington? Whiners is that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Hey by the, way that game the ace is One Las, vegas isn't there? One and that's the team that they have a lot of fouls and stuff like it's The philadelphia p m s or. Something elbow you.
Speaker 1: Know this is The Rick Burgers, Show strange And, killers the new podcast From Rick. Burchers get It no wherever you get.
Speaker 3: Podcasts h five episodes out right, now another one coming out this this, weekend so go grab that wherever you get. Podcasts Strange. Encounters it's a new podcast about spiritual, warfare all, RIGHT a couple.
Speaker 5: Of other things to make you aware.
Speaker 3: Of so let's look over here at The manchurs dot Com, Burlington kentucky this. Weekend Brian dawson uh from our team will be speaking. There uh as they'll be kicking off the Men's discipleship strategy So Florence Baptist. Temple so if you are In, Burlington kentucky This, saturday you got a chance to plug in those to tells At themanchurch dot. Com, speedy of, course will head over To, Dublin georgia. Tomorrow we'll get an update from him live From larry And carolyn's coming up On, Thursday Lord. Willing and, then as we talked about on the show a few days, AGO i think back On, FRIDAY i have the pleasure of helping our nation celebrate our two hundred and forty ninth birthday by m seeing all the festivities all right at The American American village On july, fourth and dressed As George. Washington, well if you, know if hopefully even though there's already A, george so Maybe i'll have to dress this maybe an unknown. Person but main stage starts seven, fifteen but everything starts at The American village like eleven during.
Speaker 5: The day that you got to be.
Speaker 3: There i'm there for the evening and, uh we'll will you showing up five minutes we're supposed to be. There sherry's gonna have a lot to say about. That BUT i see me there probably five, ish thrill starting to kind of when is?
Speaker 12: This this?
Speaker 5: Is, oh this is on The independent daye fourth Of.
Speaker 3: July, yeah That? Friday, yep so what that's? Good you don't you don't THINK i should be the master's ceremonies for the. FIREWORKS i just want to hear. YOU i almost want to show up just SO i can hear.
Speaker 5: It but when you say master of ceremony for the, fireworks ladies and gentlemen to.
Speaker 3: Hear the, Fireworks, yeah are you? Going i've already explained this to you On, friday. Y'all don't Listen Miley face, one, y'all don't retain any forgot by the, way it's upside. Down maybe it will be right side up next. Time, no, NO i don't do anything once the fireworks. START i felt that one except sing proud to be An. American well that's, yeah that's. What but the metal, Version, oh good out to be An. America, yeah there you, go right standing up and.
Speaker 1: Shout all.
Speaker 3: Right so but, anyway so that's seven fifteen like a lot to picture. This i'll walk out on the main. Stage, hey, guys good to see. Y'all I'm speedy From Ricking, bubba you, know or something like, that and you get everybody really. Confused Now rick here from from The Rick Burgess, show and what's happened? Before, YEAH i have you mo in best as speed. Out, yeah all, right it's a great. Guy i've, actually you, know because you do thirty one years or. Something i've gone in to speak and actually seen on the, marquee like since The Rick Burger show has. Started rick here From Ricking. Bubba, yeah you know WHAT i. Mean so And i'm, like, well, okay that's at that, point.
Speaker 8: When will the actual fireworks take? Place because you, know they have to wait till it gets really good and. Dark you THINK i don't know, This i'm trying to explain.
Speaker 7: It to.
Speaker 3: You i'm gonna show up with the, sun says More spiegel AT mc last, year we won't, sigel nicest man on the. Planet WHO i? Confused Matt cultur cost a big riff. There uh but, anyway uh seven, FIFTEEN i WILL i will walk, Out hey, guys good to see all birds. Here. Uh, hey two hundred forty nine years Of. America we. Celebrate got big things happening. Tonight let me bring Out do you say it like? That, no there'll be more to, it big things happening. Tonight i'll start, saying, nerves we got some crazy you know you urt your? Voice, no the SO i will Introduce Thomas, jefferson which is odd since he's.
Speaker 5: Dead that's gonna be. Telling and THEN i will what's your serious?
Speaker 3: Voice give me? THAT i will do the official one year countdown To america's two hundred and fiftieth.
Speaker 5: BIRTHDAY i will started ten nine, EIGHT i WILL i will.
Speaker 3: Introduce a very funny. Skit, okay oh, really you skitch called shoes Your george and that's. FUNNY i, like, okay are you in? It and then at eight pm there'll be a patriotic musical prelude to the, fireworks, which by the, way last year was. Smashed. Uh and then at eight, fifteen, yeah good and, dark now good. Dark President George washington will pray for. Using will you bring him? Out they'll be, WELCOME i THINK i. Will they'll be. Welcoming remarks From Colonel Alan. Miller go ahead and make fun of. That, no at we have a presentation of the, colors an introduction of the junior. Interpreter so you're you're the one saying all, that, RIGHT i will be Doing i'll be and, gentlemen the junior. Interpreter. NO i think ONCE i handed Off, BILLY i think ONCE i handed off To George, WASHINGTON i think it all rolls from. There now you're gonna have to. Announce you're gonna announce between looks Like i'm seeing the national. Anthems, No i'm, sorry That's Madison. Smith all, Right So madison salute to. VETERANS i guess you'll make fun of. That And i'm gonna tell you some one. Thing John adams speaks right before the, fireworks and he's very. Moving that's a pretty good. Move and it's the famous Speech John adams. Gave let me have a, country of, COURSE i know, y'all don't y'all not. PATRIOTS i don't care about any of, that BUT i WILL i will be in a white wig the whole. Time, No i'm not wearing the white Wig Uncle sam.
Speaker 8: Suit, yeah we need that Baill bottom, definitely The John daily. Shorts we gotta have the uh oh guess when you wear stuff like, That i've got to announce that we need to respect. That cof golf cart rides are for assisting people with disabilities.
Speaker 3: Only, yeah you get. Those people will take. Advantage you can't just be, fat that don't. Count you got to actually have, something some type of disability that's that's not in the. Copy you don't say, no doesn't say, that no, no but people will take advantage of. That i've seen, that you, know you, KNOW i See i've seen something just. Running people have all kinds of. Struggles greg always thinks that if if you're not if you're misusing, something it means you're. Fat have you ever noticed, That, yeah maybe you're, Old maybe you're just.
Speaker 5: Old yeah, no but there are people, THAT i, mean they don't consider.
Speaker 3: That keep letting.
Speaker 6: Them speaking of speaking of, fat you know those blow up SUITS i Found Uncle sam blow up.
Speaker 3: Suit What rick was.
Speaker 5: Looks, hot looks really.
Speaker 3: Hot fan in? There there's a fan in.
Speaker 5: THERE i like to know where it's located in the.
Speaker 3: Back imagine what what you do if you get the dancing in great?
Speaker 4: Good what?
Speaker 3: What what greg here would be the? Best what if they had it in like some? Room SO i go there and sure he has no idea in strange, like because you KNOW i. DO i do indirectly Blame sherry for. This but but, anyway it's gonna be. Great so the un it. Is and ALSO i, SAID i, GOTTA i gotta go get, ready and she, okay, baby looking forward to. It, Here i've got our place, here come back. Here so we're gonn watch, fireworks you know. Whatever and all of a sudden she's ready for me to come and see. THIS i come bouncing out.
Speaker 5: There that would be, good real really Dance, friday not This, friday Next.
Speaker 3: Friday she just announced right Out, rick it next. Year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, WELL i, mean seeing that you're the, SPOKESPERSON i think it's.
Speaker 3: YOU i would relations to the state Of. ALABAMA i would have liked to have probably you, know been the two fifty. Guy, yeah you know which which is Now i'm gonna be the two forty nine and the two fifty. Guy, yeah well that's. Fine that WOULD i do you know what you are haul?
Speaker 4: In?
Speaker 5: Yeah and when it first came, OUT i THOUGHT i was a two fifty. GUY i, mean year, OFF i.
Speaker 3: DIDN'T i was gonna do to forty nine and two.
Speaker 5: Fifty oh well they think about two fifty you'll be a pro by. Then oh sure there's two forty nine that run. Through, yeah, YEAH i be.
Speaker 3: Ready there's a lot going. On, yeah it's a. Lot it's a lot going.
Speaker 4: On.
Speaker 3: Rick you do have to have some kind of. Outfit we spegl one well last year, Whatever, yeah what did spl? Have like A spiegel was in like some golf pants and he had an AB abc thirty three forty golf shirt. On, no he, did yeah he did standard you know he.
Speaker 4: Did.
Speaker 5: Yeah so he wasn't like that, joking he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't but WHAT i would like to, do now here's WHAT i worked to the fireworks last year at The American, village which it is a. Spectacle you'll spend the fourth out. THERE i love. IT i love it really. IS i mean Past, yeah it's a perfect. Time it's a big day of the year THAT i had my job go that. FAR i had My John daily golf shorts owned that. Better the. FLAG i wore the flag AND i had A i had a a kind of a navy shirt that. MATCHED i looked like the. Flag and, maybe BUT i don't think that's what they're looking for. Me you're part of the. Program you're not just standing there watching. Fireworks, well COULD i just wear With spiegel?
Speaker 26: War?
Speaker 5: YEAH i guess if you just want, To, yeah of, course then.
Speaker 3: There'll be a murmur in the. Crowd spiegel let himself. Go, Wow spiegel really falling. Apart he looks different with a. Beer what's speagel of? It it was like somebody just woke him. Up, yeah he's not nearly as nice as he used to.
Speaker 20: Be kind AM I the one Thing spiegels got a little extra hy he's so kind.
Speaker 3: Is he's almost as kind as mac, culture but culture not as. Kind, yeah, right appreciate different, People, RICK i don't argue that they're different. FOLKS i morphed them into one one. Accident we'll be. Bad we'll look and. See and ALSO i Got speedy here to be the voice of the.
Speaker 1: Flag this is The Rick burgess. Show get on the show no by calling one eight eight eight, Six Big.
Speaker 3: Fox all, Right, america let's open up all ten of them and let's try chatting with you guys on unscreened phone calls to wrap up the. Hour we've covered quite a bit on the. Program there's plenty for you to respond, to ask, questions whatever you would like to. Do all ten lines opening now and you can start your move to be with. Us we've hit most of the the news stories today of. Significance this one we did not get, in but it's been talked about a. Lot Supreme court Allows trump third country, deportations major tests for the, president and The Supreme court actually sided with. Him, now what this means is if we have people that are illegal and, problematic we can send them to any country that will receive, them not just their home.
Speaker 5: Country you, know there was there was some pushback on. This it went before The.
Speaker 3: Supreme, court and The Supreme court has ruled in favor of The trump, administration saying in a six' three ruling that we can deport illegals to any country that will. Take them so that was kind of a big eat yesterday For the trump administration.
Speaker 6: As well he so he also had a big Win In gavin newsoen was suing him About The, National, guard yes and Deploying The national Guard.
Speaker 3: In california trump won that. As, WELL yeah i think we did hit that one a few. Days ago but it's good to. Remind you that's another good. One Too uh but but we just kind of did it. In passing but, you're right that was another victory, that Strangely the commander in chief does have control Over The. National. Guard uh You see bablon be having fun with. That one uh, we continue here, we go unscreened. Phone calls welcome to. The show.
Speaker 21: GO ahead.
Speaker 5: I got a question, for, You, boy yeah have you ever had a?
Speaker 15: Chicken bag?
Speaker 3: A chicken?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 3: Leg oh maybe?
Speaker 6: Chicken leg because we were saying that you're Going to larry's House and larry's going to eat your legs like.
Speaker 3: A chicken i don't think.
Speaker 5: That's NICE but i think you just wanted to.
Speaker 3: SAY that i was, just resetting resetting it for the audience show your own unscreened. Go ahead.
Speaker 21: All, right.
Speaker 22: Anyway y'all were talking about the church shooting a little, bit earlier, and uh then you went into the, millennium minors is during, the Millennium we christians are going to be in our. Spiritual bodies so anybody that talks about we're in the millennium, right now and you don't see anybody walking around in their spiritual bodies like You did jesus when he was raised in, the dead he walked around for about another forty days and he was into. Spiritual bodies so that's going To be that would be a true sign. Right there if you see people walking around the spirit body as you, Missed, it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you'll Actually see, you're right you'll you'll it'll be a commodation of people in their glorified bodies as, you mentioned which they had already gone or if you believe in, the rapture had. Been raptured but there will be people that will be. Instantly converted when the one hundred and forty four thousand evangelists, head out they'll still have the sin nature and the flesh, as well which Explains when satan is re released that some go. With him it also explains why there's children being born during, that time and, those children as you, can imagine they will still have.
Speaker 5: The opportunity To pick Jesus. Or satan so that's you.
Speaker 3: Know that that's some.
Speaker 5: DEEP stuff i think. The same we're in the.
Speaker 3: Millennial rain. You happy you've got a lot of scripture problems. With that, We Continue Rick, Burgess show go. Right ahead, you're on unscreen.
Speaker 4: Phone calls he rubs the lotion on the skin and put the package in.
Speaker 21: The, basket kid?
Speaker 5: Gracious alive, all right see what?
Speaker 3: Y'all do how About That Rick, burgers show unscreen. Phone calls, Go ahead, HEY guy i thought y'all.
Speaker 32: DOING today i hope.
Speaker 3: You're well i'm.
Speaker 32: DOING well i just had a quick Question for GREG because i know he's an AVID, W Nb a waltcher and stuff.
Speaker 15: Like that, oh yeah.
Speaker 32: Absolutely Right uh so would he rather go TO, an nba A w nba game Or A george? Straight concern, That's, GOOD greg I think i'm going TO.
Speaker 3: The, nba really, no way you don't. Mean, that, YEAH no I think. I, would wow? Who plan just When The george straight, fans, were okay you? Do this, We Continue, Rick, george greg you just hear that in. The background you even know what? That was, We, continue hello unscreen. Phone calls you're On The Rick. Burgers show, go ahead.
Speaker 23: Go You dublin IRISH wing.
Speaker 3: T experts i don't even know what.
Speaker 5: You, SAY okay I think i know what.
Speaker 6: THIS is.
Speaker 5: I think there is a Coach from dublin that is A wing t expert the Wing t are.
Speaker 3: You Talking, About? Dublin ireland are you Talking?
Speaker 15: About?
Speaker 8: Georgia georgia why? Were you are you Speaking of georgia and THE wing? T text nation sent something in and you know how the screen like, right now it's. JUST yeah i saw one text that said something y'all realize who coaches here or something. LIKE that i think it has to do with the coach THAT'S wing. T, expert.
Speaker 3: Well he called Them The. Dublin irish is that the Name of is that? THEIR mascot i.
Speaker 1: Don't know about.
Speaker 5: That, One, Sorry dublin i'm. Not UP but i Did see irish in that.
Speaker 6: Text too somebody said that we should put an air tag on you by the way before, you go.
Speaker 3: If you would a kid so they don't, get kidnapped AND a.
Speaker 5: Gp and also and ALSO a gps put those into.
Speaker 26: The, car yep what do?
Speaker 3: You, say okay put an air tag on here, We go rick unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 21: Go ahead the heck With hobes i'm your, new daddy.
Speaker 3: All right that Is that larry is that it doesn't Sound. Like larry it sounds like there's other people that want to. Kidnap, You Hello rick burgess shows. Phone calls, Go, Ahead, hi rick can you tell?
Speaker 4: Me something. I'll try not knowing much, about, cannon okay trying to buy fresh cream beans used to weigh thirty pounds for so. Much money now it's. Twenty pounds they're saying is. A bushel a bushel is. Thirty pounds and these are.
Speaker 3: The kind of things that grind on. My nerves here they are, MIND too, i MEAN because i can, a lot as you, might imagine and so It's it's i'm trying. New things How much i've become. A handy i've started, canning Beans and i've canned some TOMATOES that, I mean i'd like for anyone to say there's is better. Than mine but, so yeah these are the kind of things that really really. Bother You uh and, SO yeah.
Speaker 15: I understand thinks there's no way to.
Speaker 4: Stop it there's no one that'll tell you who is in charge, of this because it's in our state And, in tennessee and you're missing.
Speaker 15: Ten courts because.
Speaker 4: You don't you only have twenty. Pounds exactly, on finly it's twenty two pounds for. Green, beans uh this is twenty two pounds for forty.
Speaker 3: Eight dollars what it is is green being chaos is what. It is you don't even know what to. Believe in. It is, thank you thank you for. Calling you one? More thing, Oh ABSOLUTELY and i hope it's about please.
Speaker 4: Find out how do we find out how to get a Raise From jefferson county? All over we haven't had one in. Twenty, Years well i've got a, quarter range but.
Speaker 5: NOTHING else, I know i WAS just i was just thinking.
Speaker 3: About that.
Speaker 5: Strangely yesterday, YOU know i think you got to think.
Speaker 4: About.
Speaker 3: Unionizing uh you know that's. One. Thing uh and you you got gotta be careful who you vote, for mayor. That's important what do you? Do really and the, COUNTY commissioner, i mean look at this person. Exactly exactly.
Speaker 15: We've been working on it every year and nothing's become, of it.
Speaker 3: And now they're taking green beans. From me when does?
Speaker 5: It stop THAT'S what.
Speaker 4: I ASKED when i Guess when, god comes it. Will stop we won't need.
Speaker 3: No, more strangely that is part of the, millennial reign as well as many green beans as.
Speaker 8: You want did you have any idea what you were saying? At, all, Okay okay But because i'm sure everybody, the mayor from the mayor to the, city officials they all, appreciate.
Speaker 5: You gotta ask you.
Speaker 3: A question i was. Just spitballing so she was wondering this thing and decided to call. This, show yes this is the place you call, for. Answers buddy speaking, of prices have y'all seen the prices of? Sausage lately i'm still hung up on the green. Bean sausage.
Speaker 5: The prices you Know why china controls eighty percent of the.
Speaker 3: Pork industry bushel is at one point two. Cubic feet by, the way it's not way by the way that she may have veered into a new segment. AS written i mean just bringing, anything Together and i'll attempt to, answer, anything, right, yeah that and then we won't know how we're gonna. Get raised, somebody said got through college.
Speaker 1: Right there this Is The Rick. Burgess show