Speaker 1: This media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Steve Giannis, cal Randall Brody and Seth. This is the final episode of the twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia Championship. This championship will span three episodes. Whoever has the most points after thirty questions will be declared the twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia Champion. So, if you're behind on the show, pause this one and go back and listen to the other two. All right, everyone's caught up.
Speaker 2: But what if they're not behind? And are you just gonna are you gonna address the elephant in the room?
Speaker 3: What's the l Yeah, like if they can do math, I think.
Speaker 4: He's gonna do that.
Speaker 1: And we're getting we're getting to it. Yeah, we'll get it. We'll get in just a second.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like you're gonna run.
Speaker 1: How would you do this?
Speaker 4: I would have done it where picture this?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: You do it with everyone privately mm hmmmm, So no one has any idea how anyone else is doing And meanwhile you're doing like little reality TV interviews with them, where they're like, I feel like I'm doing really good. Uh huh, I'm just worried about what Randall's doing. And then like cut to Randall like all sweaty, trying to answer a question. Do you know what I mean? And no one knows. Everyone's in a. Everyone's in a they.
Speaker 5: Don't know what's going so we're so we're answering the questions.
Speaker 1: Privately, privately, ding ding ding.
Speaker 5: I do think we should add a real world style confession booth to most of our content.
Speaker 1: We can just put up like classroom dividers between you guys, so you can't see each other's answers. All right. Maybe in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their day was overheard Spencer telling some people how like even when I'm wrong, I'm usually right, you know.
Speaker 5: M hm oh yeah, but uh.
Speaker 3: You heard this?
Speaker 4: Where was this? Be sure that wasn't. I made a date in time, but I had some legit wrong answers last time I was in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couple, Well, see how you do in round three. I want to remind people the entire championship is sponsored by Athletic Brewing, who will be matching Meat Eater's donation and sponsoring three moneyball questions. The winner will get to choose where the three thousand dollars donation goes. The biggest in Meat Eater trivia history, and combined with the moneyball questions, this year's championship has a donation potential of four one hundred dollars. Now, there are no stats Ifaq's or housekeeping this week, but we will get a scoreboard update from Phild the engineer. Phil What does the leader board look like after round two of the Championship.
Speaker 6: Here's where it stands. Last place, we have Seth Morris with eight points. After that, Jannis Puttelis has ten.
Speaker 2: Just happy to be here.
Speaker 6: That spirit Cal has thirteen as well as Brody. Brodie Henderson also has thirteen. Steve Manella has fourteen and with a three point lead with one round to go, Randall Williams is in first place with seventeen points.
Speaker 4: So you got you lime lime wedges because I'm having a Mexican style uh copper over here.
Speaker 6: You know, we have a brand newly refurbished industrial kitchen just right down the hallway.
Speaker 2: You don't have any oh, and it's fully stocked because we're shooting an episode of meat eater roasts today, so there's probably is a wedge of linemen there.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see what fully stocked means to you guys.
Speaker 4: Well, it's needed Brody.
Speaker 3: Pretty well stocked, I mean it's pretty well, it's in the holder. Yeah, it's pretty homey compared to what it used to be.
Speaker 1: That's you can't have everything.
Speaker 4: There's an ephemeral quality to be in fully stocked because rots theret's go.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Chalce Brody, can you guys see a path to victory? To listen, if you get a perfect game and Randal gets seven, which is that enough?
Speaker 4: Then you tie? And he doesn't asked the kind he likes to ask, the kind of questions that random I don't know.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind for the final game, Spencer has implemented the classic one tie, we all tie rule.
Speaker 2: So Spencer, we.
Speaker 5: All t time, we all I mean theoretically anybody could beat me.
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't play sports.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want Stevens my dad because at halftime he'd be like, don't even listen.
Speaker 4: You think I'm gonna sit here and not answer these questions.
Speaker 2: Theoretically it's so funny, is it's coming through in his kids. My wife was skiing with his kids the other day and Rosemary and some of the other girls that were skiing there all play on a hockey team together. And Jennifer's like, oh, hey, we'll come watch you. We'd love to come support you and root you on. And Rosemary replies with, nah, you really should, and we we suck, We're not good.
Speaker 4: Don't let me tell you brought Let me tell you up. My daughter's hockey team on Friday. So the last game she got two goals. Hey, she plays strong hockey. Now, I the way it works is has take you even get into this at times, so it's intramural. Okay, at times my daughter's team there's five six girls on the ice. The other team would be all male. They have like their crew, right, all is on the same team. Her and her like friend group were on the same team. They hold their own. But I mean, at a point, you know, they start seeing a real divergence in athleticism between boys and girls at an.
Speaker 1: A thing where there must be x number of No, that's weird because that's.
Speaker 4: Usually on her team. It's like all big long blonde ponytails hanging out the backs of them helmets even they hold their own. They do good. But it's it's it's like it's tough.
Speaker 1: Even in the adult kickball league in Bozeman, we have to have a certain amount of women on the field at once.
Speaker 4: They don't have they got that amount. It's all on my daughter's team on the ice six girls on there.
Speaker 1: They're on one team.
Speaker 4: They do good.
Speaker 1: Now, a path to victory could have been if Randall just got in a car accident this morning, but he didn't know. It was very safely navigated.
Speaker 2: I left very early.
Speaker 5: I drove very slowly. Uh made it here with plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Are you nervous today, Randall three point lead?
Speaker 5: I'm not nervous, but I there is the potential for just in one of the worst defeats of all time. We're talking Tom Brady Atlanta Falcons, super Bowl, whatever that was. Yeah, you know it's it's never over till it's over. Tom Brady did but they're down twenty eight three, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: After episode two, we had Steve kind of joking, kind of not saying, now you should have some questions next time. I know that that Randall doesn't great, He declared it, and then afterwards Randall said, kind of joking, kind of not He said, now you know you got to play it straight, right, Spencer, But you can't. You can't come in here and just do that. I'll have you know. I'd come up with these questions before we did, so one or two.
Speaker 5: That's what you'd claimed previously. But Phil wasn't in possession of the questions at the time that I asked you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Phil's not in possession until he asked me like thirty minutes before the show. He's like, hey, you got those questions?
Speaker 4: You have no alibi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randal, I'm rooting for you, although usually I root against you, but Steve's the reigning champion and I couldn't stand to listen to him if he won back to back years. So I'm rooting for you one time.
Speaker 3: We all.
Speaker 2: Set.
Speaker 1: I hope you boys just have fun today.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, there's a good chance of it. All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Shelby Index for today is a three, should get six correct answers.
Speaker 4: That's a tough round.
Speaker 1: And with that we're on to Round three of the championship. Play the drop, Phil, Geez, look, I need to know what I stand to win everything.
Speaker 4: How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 3: Demon suckers?
Speaker 1: Final road Question one. The topic is hunting, and this is multiple choice. Which state has the most gun manufacturers? Is it California, Tennessee, Pennsylvania or Texas? Wedding kneels a long time ago is according to twenty twenty two data, there's a lot of recent Wait twenty twenty two, which state has the most gun manufacturers? California, Tennessee, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: People, The compiling component parts into custom rifles are like manufacturing.
Speaker 1: This is how the FFL defines a gun manufacturer. I'm not going to go into any more details, but this is their definition.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Which state has the most gun manufacturers? California, Tennessee, Pennsylvania or Texas.
Speaker 4: We would need.
Speaker 1: Steve to get three more correct answers than Randall today.
Speaker 4: Would's a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Or Brody to get four?
Speaker 1: Or Brody or cal That's right.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because there's been a lot of migration of uh like classic firearm manufacturers.
Speaker 2: Indeed not even Necessaryanda, how are you feeling about this one?
Speaker 4: I feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna take on the role of co hosting instead of really playing.
Speaker 1: H.
Speaker 5: I like your the script that you're using for your name today. It's sort of like a Soviet brutalist aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Don't associate me with the fuckers.
Speaker 1: State has the most gun manufacturers Californi, Inia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Texas is everybody ready? Yeah, I'm ready, Steve?
Speaker 4: You ready? Nope?
Speaker 1: Still think you? How many you got? A narrow town? Dude? Still the four? You got it tighter than that.
Speaker 4: I wish it was twenty years ago and the word Connecticut was up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that would have been nice.
Speaker 1: Run out of time, Steve. Everyone else has an answer? Which state has competition? Tennessee, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I mean this is Texas the championship.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying California, Jannis, California, Randall Tennessee, cal Pennsylvania, Steve, Texas, Brody Texas. The correct answer.
Speaker 4: Is Texas.
Speaker 1: There is one point first champion. According to FFL data from twenty twenty two, there are two thousand, four hundred gun manufacturers in Texas. That's followed by Florida with twelve hundred, Arizona with one thousand, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania with seven hundred, and Georgia, California, and Colorado with six hundred. First place. Texas has more gun gun manufacturers than the second and third place states combined. Texas leads the country in manufactures because of its strong gun culture and no state income. Text gotta be a lot of like small ars, a lot of mon pop things, people doing stuff out of their office and.
Speaker 2: Home, long range mom pop shops.
Speaker 1: Question two. The topic is conservation. The Colorado Department of Egg uses this seven letter word to describe weeds that are quote aggressive invaders that replace native vegetation. The Colorado Department of Egg uses this seven letter word to describe weeds that are aggressive invaders that replace native vegetation.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, it is kind of tricky because Tennessee would have been my next guest because there is such a big push from the state to incentivize firearm relocation. Didn't some major company move there. I think Kimber moved a bunch of people there.
Speaker 5: And there's some there's historically there's some larger brands that have based out there. I've also, i mean Seth knows this, but I've been researching a particular firearm was it project in the past few days and a lot of those companies that are involved in this particular stinging Smith and Wesson more exciting project.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of shotguns that have Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: What's new project?
Speaker 1: Do I know about it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, it's just it's kind of a stupid project.
Speaker 2: But no, it's not.
Speaker 4: Is it a private side job?
Speaker 6: He's not making any money off of he's you're pursuing personally.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's unrelated to my professional aspects.
Speaker 4: But yeah.
Speaker 5: A lot of the companies that do this custom work are based in Tennessee, occ.
Speaker 2: Pistol Caliber carbing.
Speaker 1: Well, cal Tennessee. I don't think it was even in the top ten. Is dre my buddy dre Get on question to colorad the Department, The Colorado Department of Egg uses this seven letter word to describe weeds that are aggressive invaders that replace native For a.
Speaker 5: Second, I thought I had eight letters there.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the entire room saying noxious. They got it. The correct answer is noxious. Noxious weeds are invasive species that cause physical and economic damage. They're bad for wildlife, humans, and agriculture. Some of America's most common noxious weeds are kudzu, Canadian thistle, and Japanese honeysuckle.
Speaker 4: What's crazy? I was texting about noxious weeds this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh to who not some in this room?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: And you said the word noxious?
Speaker 4: No, I said Canada thistle?
Speaker 1: What about cheap grass?
Speaker 4: They don't have a cheap grass. Probably got Canada.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a considered a noxious.
Speaker 1: I was sad to learn that Canadian thistles come from Europe. M Otherwise I would have liked them a little more if they were just a neighborly theross Canadian. I like them too. I think they're from Oklahoma, which also makes that weird. Question three the topic is cooking. This next great question is via Leland Heart. This is the Hindi word for fat, which is clarified butter used in Indian cuisine.
Speaker 5: Leland another great Leland.
Speaker 1: Heart sends in a lot of questions. We may have another one hundred percent except for set. That's why you guys are in the championship though you're so dang good. Trivia This is the Hindi word for fat, which is clarified butter used in Indian cuisine. Everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have the entire room getting it right by saying Gee, that's g h E E GI is the result of separating milk solids and butterfat in process butter while cooking out the water. This process gives gee a richer nuttier flavor than regular butter. Danielle Pruitz says, since it has a high smoke point, it's a good option for pan roasting and sauteg meat. Question four. The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Ryan W. For sending this great question. Ryan is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to Trivia at the Mediator dot com. The National Park Service says, the function of this prehistoric structure is to quote guide fish into a situation that facilitates capture. This is question for the topic is fishing. The National Park Service says, the function of this prehistoric structure is to quote guide fish into a situation that facilitates capture.
Speaker 3: Like you're telling me there's a specific name.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this is what The National Park Service says it's designed to do.
Speaker 3: And does it involve any of the words that are already on that board there?
Speaker 1: Not giving you any further hints.
Speaker 3: I hate these questions.
Speaker 1: I like that you're mine of thinking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think I'm onto.
Speaker 1: What he's thinking, Steve, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: That's what it is?
Speaker 1: I feel like I might a prehistoric structure that is used to guidefish into a situation that facilitates capture. Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: Not sure?
Speaker 1: Two points now separate you.
Speaker 5: I can think of a I can think of what Col's thinking.
Speaker 2: Of I think's got it right.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you seen his whiteboard?
Speaker 4: Yes? Okay, you guys are cheating.
Speaker 1: No, not cheating, said he's co host.
Speaker 4: Do you write what he do? You have what he has? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well he also could be, but it's only to make sure he's got it right.
Speaker 5: He could be undermining me by giving me a false sense of confidence and caused me not to rethink my answerment.
Speaker 4: You guys are sharing answers.
Speaker 5: No, he looked at my answer.
Speaker 2: Ronald doesn't like it when I do this, but oftentimes I'll just give Rody a little peak like this, and I can and then he reacts.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a whole thing been cemented on their way.
Speaker 4: How often are you sharing with him? And then he starts, I don't look at it.
Speaker 1: There's no conspiracy.
Speaker 5: When I do look at other people's boards, I don't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: So I went through I went through all Trivia scripts trying to find if I have used the word rostrum somewhere. I have not, so uh that you let us astray Randall by saying that I had used that question or that terminology not in a flavor text that could not mind anything? What would you do?
Speaker 3: You like an AI crawler through all the episodes that we've printed online.
Speaker 1: No Google docs. It's very good at just crawling all my scripts. All my scripts live in one place. Type.
Speaker 3: But what you're saying right now is not on your script.
Speaker 1: What do you mean It's like this is not script? You're right, You are right about that. Does everyone have an answer for question?
Speaker 4: If I say the word p knuckle later someone I swear I heard the word p knuckle, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying fish trap Giannis, Randall, cal Steve and Brody say weird. They got it. The correct answer is fish weird or fish garth, and spelling is W E, I R. I think most of you got that right, w E before E except after C.
Speaker 4: Spencer.
Speaker 3: But fish trap is correct. That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: The National Park Service isn't saying it is a fish trap that we're not going to give it to seth.
Speaker 3: I think that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It'd be like, you know, let's keep going.
Speaker 4: Fishing can be used.
Speaker 1: On streams or tidal water window. The stream version is essentially a shaped rock fence with a girl in the middle. The title version is often made of rock or wood that is underwater during high tide but cut off from the ocean during low tide. This ancient technique is still used today by biologists who capture migrating fish during the spawn.
Speaker 4: You know what, I know what I go ahead. When I was what I never know I never noticed for But I was with Heather du Ville on Prince Wales Island, and there's something I never noticed until her and her dad was showing me. At the creek mouths. You can see like once you look like, holy shit, m you can see the old weirs.
Speaker 1: How old do you think? Like fifty years older, five hundred years probably like from thousands to one hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: What do they call what's that?
Speaker 3: Fish traps?
Speaker 4: Fish traps? Yeah, yeah, that's what that's the word they use.
Speaker 7: But I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the clinget word would have been for them, not weird, but they wouldn't have said fish trap anyhow. Not only that, Not only that, now that you know what you're looking for, you can see the old in it. If you put a drone up and look down, it's so obvious the old weirs. And then in addition, you can you can look at the creek miles and find the canoe landings where you'll see these these runways look like almost like beaver beaver runs where all the big rocks are moved out of the side and it's like kind of smooth and straight, and you see what they would pull up and drag those big wooden canoes up on rollers, and you would just like, if you didn't know to look, you'd never look. But when someone points it out to you're like, holy shit, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, satisfying to look at one of those weirs and you see one.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Just satisfying to look at one of those weirds.
Speaker 4: The way they would function there is, you know the fish run when they're spawning, they like to go in on a high. A lot of times they're going and mingle and come back out, so on a high they go right over the top without even right and then they wait and then when they push out on low, it'll be rock walls and then you can just go out and spear them.
Speaker 3: And that's where that phrase comes from. Weird fish. Have you heard trapping fish?
Speaker 2: Like I'm just gonna say this is I feel like this is similar to the grizzly bear brown bear, where uh, not all grizz or brown, but all brown grizz and not all fish traps through weirds.
Speaker 4: But if I said thirty in a in a in a in a drainage ditch and pick up a you.
Speaker 1: Know, Spencer.
Speaker 4: Is weird.
Speaker 1: Spencer could have.
Speaker 2: A fish, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Question the topic is wildlife. The Greatest Showman is about this man who opened America's first public aquarium in eighteen fifty seven. The Greatest Showman is about this man who opened America's first public aquarium in eighteen fifty seven. No Chit is a book, a movie, not giving.
Speaker 2: You any hints. You got chip?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, do you you have this one right? No? Chit chat, Steve, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I mean I don't want just when everybody's done, I'll tell you how I okay, I got it all right. I'd like to do it before the reveal, Okay, but after everyone's.
Speaker 1: Done, got it? Yeah, I want to answer. But do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't have it right. But I feel like you're allowed to say whatever you want to say. Also, Randall wants to change his answer. He can.
Speaker 4: That'd be pretty chick r Are you going to.
Speaker 3: Change your answer?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Steve, you can do your big, big reveal on how you know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say. I mean, it's just like it's this is one of those questions where there's only sort of like one name that would fit.
Speaker 3: I think there's two.
Speaker 4: Oh, like his body isn't well.
Speaker 3: No, the you know the small town north of here. No, you used to have a steakhouse. Now it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Is everybody right? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth without an answer. We have Yanni saying Hugh Jackman, Randall and cal and Steve and Brody say, P T. Barnum, They got it. The correct answer is P. T. Barnum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The aquarium was located inside his museum that also had a free week show flea circus, the trunk of a tree that Jesus' disciples supposedly sat under, a rifle range, taxidermy, Pretty Baby contests, mummies, and hordes of animals, including beluga whales, elephants, bears, and a hippo. The museum was one of New York City's most popular attractions, averaging fifteen thousand visitors per day until it burnt down in eighteen sixty five.
Speaker 5: If you radio carbon dated that that tree round, I'm guessing it did not match up with biblical times.
Speaker 1: Very specific Phil give us a scoreboard update. We have five questions left in the thirty question Meat Eater Trivia Championship.
Speaker 6: Oh Yello wouldn't be a podcast if that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 6: Uh, Seth you have ten points, Jannis Puttelis has thirteen, Ryan Callahan has seventeen, Berdie Henderson has eighteen. Stephen Rinella has nineteen points and now with only e two point lead, Randa Williams has twenty one points in first place.
Speaker 3: It's establishing more of a spread.
Speaker 4: You know what I don't like about this is it's hard to note that I'm having a perfect game right now because it's not like a clean slate.
Speaker 1: It's been known spend if random uh huh and Steve and Me get perfect. Yeah, we'll put another five hundred dollars into the coffee. Will we have an extra timee Braker got a perfect game?
Speaker 3: One time? We all tie all?
Speaker 1: Question six, This is the Athletic Brewing money ball question of the week. For every correct answer provided, Athletic Brewing is going to make a one hundred dollars donation. That's captive five hundred dollars. This week, Athletic Brewing is giving to the National Wild Turkey Federation. Here is your moneyball question. This is the biggest type of grouper which has a world record of six hundred and eighty pounds.
Speaker 3: Which name would you like?
Speaker 1: The one that it has? I still don't understand your problem, Caw with the fish weird question, It'd be like saying an animal track, okay, thank you. This is the biggest type of grouper which has a world of six hundred eighty pounds. We have four confident players. Brody is tapping his whiteboard to his head.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to figure Phil, what's the name of the movie that's very recent that has the monkey has the pop star Chimpanzee.
Speaker 2: Is better Man Wills.
Speaker 5: That's all I could think of when I saw Greatest Show Similar Energy.
Speaker 1: The Internet burned that movie to the ground.
Speaker 5: All the Internet doesn't always get it right, but sometimes it hits it right on the head.
Speaker 3: I want all of our wildlife folks to write text biologist, et cetera, and just tell us how many times you've corrected anyone when they're like, oh, fish traps.
Speaker 1: You got the question about one of the ARC Service definitionpearfishing. What's oh this thing fish trap?
Speaker 4: No, I'll tell.
Speaker 5: You you also wrote about them in your in your book Scavenger's Guide.
Speaker 1: And vantage Taranda, who read it.
Speaker 2: And reveal.
Speaker 1: Answers. Everyone says, Goliath, everybody got it right. The correct answer is the Goliath Group conservation. That means a five hundred dollars donation to the National Wild Turkey Federation via Athletic Brewing. Goliath grouper are found from Florida to Brazil and favor reefs, bridges, and shipwrecks. They are a sluggish fish that opportunistically feed on crustaceans, turtles, and fish. The six hundred and eighty pound world record was caught using Spanish mackerel off the coast of Florida in nineteen sixty one. What do you got about Goliath?
Speaker 4: Just that it was laying on the bottom on a laying on the bottom on an oil rig, just under some structure. And it took me like he was he was they'll clack.
Speaker 1: At you, Oh, like he was threatening you.
Speaker 4: There was a there was a moment when I like, I couldn't comprehend what I was looking at. Huh, like the head, you know. I mean I was like I was like in a moment where I could like I couldn't understand or organize what I was seeing until I realized, Oh, that is a head that's sixteen inches wide? Whatever going with his mouth going.
Speaker 1: How far away?
Speaker 4: Oh I mean me to you?
Speaker 1: That makes it comfortable?
Speaker 4: No, it didn't. But I thought, how would you even begin to try to kill something like that? And what they're saying is they used to use powerheads. It's a powerhead like a You can get different calibers, but a lot of them are like pictured down the end of a spear gun. There was a there's like a firing pin mechanism, and you where a two two three round.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 4: So the two two three hitting something by inert it just drives the firing pin in.
Speaker 5: It's like a bang stick that you're shooting.
Speaker 4: On a spear gun. That's some when they used to commercial, when they used to commercial dive for those that's not I mean, because you put a spear shaft in that thing. I mean, sure, what's he gonna carry?
Speaker 1: Question seven, the topic is conservation. What color represents extinct species on the International Union for Conservation of Nature's color coded chart?
Speaker 3: That's a good, good question, sponsor.
Speaker 1: We're running out of time for Steve to catch Randall. Do you know what rand What color represents extinct species on the International Union for Conservation of Nature's color coded chart, also known as the i u C. N hm hmm, did you know this? Shrug? Shrug his shoulders. So we've got a meat eater championship on the line, as well as a perfect game on the line, a lot at stake. What color represents extinct species on the International Union for Conservation of Nature's color coded chart.
Speaker 2: They're allowed.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to take those in like one a year or something in Florida.
Speaker 4: I think they're opening. I'm not clear on it, but there's some tag thing yeah.
Speaker 3: System, yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready quick to answer, but not a lot of confidence.
Speaker 4: It's just just walk through my own little logic on it.
Speaker 1: Are you ready answer?
Speaker 4: Literally, sit and watch each other answer? Why do you feel that this isn't like an unfair advantage? Steve?
Speaker 5: I've been protesting this vehemently from how is it like?
Speaker 4: How is it even a game anymore?
Speaker 1: Johanny didn't pick up his whiteboard and change his answer. I feel like you and Brody are often flashing your whiteboards never never, Okay, well, don't sit by Yonnie. Then go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying yellow, Giannis says red, Randal black col purple. Wow, you got the whole rainbow here, Steve says black. Brody cross out red and put black. The correct answer is black, Steve, Brody and Randall got that one right. What did you change your answer for?
Speaker 5: I had red? I went black because red seemed to be more red seemed to me to be more of an alarmist color, whereas I'm looking for something that's just extinct red.
Speaker 1: The i U c N refers to this as their Red List, which they say is the most comprehensive list of endangered species in the world. On their chart, black represents extinct, red represents critically endangered, yellow represents vulnerable, and green represents least concern. Question eight. The topic is hunting. Also known as skin beetles, hide beetles, and leather beetles. This is the most commonly used beetle by taxidermists. All of our players quick to answer. Also known as skin beetles, hide beetles, and leather beetles, This is the most commonly used beetle by taxidermists. I think this is a little more core to hunters and anglers, and she gives someone like her a big disadvantage. Randall, do you have this one?
Speaker 4: Right? I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is uh this could.
Speaker 4: Someone hadn't told him black nectar right up, that's like neck neck. Oh, you would have been one back close.
Speaker 3: I was gonna just my answer to but then you started throwing a fit, and I was like, it's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: Also known as skin beetles, hide beetles, and leather beetles. This is the most commonly used beetle by taxidermist. Yanni, do you have an answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I have a lot of the right letters in the.
Speaker 1: Words right ahead and answers. We have set saying dermastice, Beatles says dermid, Randall says dermisted, Cal says something. Steve says derm iff fult, just like I got the basically got dermisted. The correct answer is dermisted. That's d E r m E s T I.
Speaker 3: D are we giving that?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 1: No, there's an f in there.
Speaker 4: I got the beginning the end.
Speaker 1: I don't think that, or Seth had dermistice. You're you're rolling out dermisted dermistedstic.
Speaker 4: It's a sharpest s.
Speaker 3: It's like an old timy days when two s is were.
Speaker 4: An f right.
Speaker 1: I I think we're too far away from dermos.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, and I have.
Speaker 1: But that's a different there's an F in there. You're forgetting about your f I know.
Speaker 4: But sky doesn't matter. There's one G three four, five, six, seven, eight nine. There's a letter off.
Speaker 1: Sure you get it right, we'll keep the game interesting.
Speaker 4: I got it right.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 3: We'll have to if I know one hundred what it is. It was just a lazy cursing dermit.
Speaker 1: Maybe we need a and if in the future at the end the letters beat it pass. You had enough.
Speaker 3: You just got to say at the beginning spelling counts and.
Speaker 5: You I can see what you're saying. It also looks like an O RL doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Spell and then what would have happened. Dermastic beetles are scavengers that will eat lint, wool, fur, feathers, and meat. According to some sources, it takes about three thousand beetle larvae to clean one deer skull. Taxidermists try to keep their beetle colonies between sixty five degrees and eighty degrees. Below sixty five degrees they aren't very active, and above eighty degrees they will take flight, making this fifteen degree window the sweet spot. Bel give us a scoreboard update with two questions left.
Speaker 6: Sure, I will just say that if Steve does catch up somehow, uh, there will be a riot, mostly started by me. Fifth because that was a different word that Steve put on his board.
Speaker 4: But you know I had one letter wrong someone. I think it was him, so.
Speaker 3: Like tap Dog for example, if he had one letter wrong.
Speaker 4: Irol Doug.
Speaker 1: Or Doff scoreboard up.
Speaker 4: Though I had to end the beginning right, I had one letter one letter.
Speaker 6: Seth has twelve, Jannis has fifteen, Ryan Callahan has nineteen, Brodie Henderson has twenty one, Steven Roanella has twenty two, Randall Williams has twenty four.
Speaker 1: And is the perfect game still going for Steve and Brody? Yes, okay, question did they get it one?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I was gonna say in my mind I knew Brody had a perfect game. I hadn't made that association.
Speaker 4: Let's go with the last answer that Steve gave.
Speaker 3: Question I hadn't dots.
Speaker 1: The topic is ecology, in which ocean is the Marianna Trench, in which ocean is the Mariana Trench.
Speaker 4: This is the kind of dumb question Randall's gonna have right, but not you?
Speaker 1: Or will you have it right as well? Yes, if Randall gets this right, he is the champion the game.
Speaker 4: By definition, I have to have it right.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this is a game out of thirty questions.
Speaker 4: But that's not how I'm looking at this today, and I see that.
Speaker 1: I'm on a sort of different trip, in which ocean is the Marianna Trench. We have perfect games going by Brody and Steve. But if Randall gets this right, he will have separated himself enough from those two to be declared the winner.
Speaker 2: I really want to peek at your board, but I'm afraid of is upsetting that guy over there not having a good time.
Speaker 1: We need to get some alcohol in that beer, maybe, Steve, I don't mind, let me give you a couple parameters for peaking.
Speaker 4: If you do like you just did, and you sut that thing down. I don't care about peaking, but you gotta say I'm out setting my thing down.
Speaker 1: Of course, Yanni did not change his answers the last few times he's peaked.
Speaker 3: Spencer, for instance, water covers two thirds of the year's surface and dion covers the rest.
Speaker 1: That's good, change, very good. I'm surprised of all the sports things that would stick with you that that's one of them. But high school in high school, very good. In which ocean is the Mariana Trench. This is question nine.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you he's writing real small now, so you can't say he spelled something.
Speaker 1: You do like cal and have a hybrid cursive where it just like it's a little you don't know what I want.
Speaker 4: To see what's going on around the room. I could be like, yeah, that's what I got.
Speaker 2: Go ahead your answers.
Speaker 1: I have sat saying Atlantic, Giannis says Indian, Randall says his Pacific. Cal says Atlantic, Steve says Pacific. Brody crossed out Atlantic and put Pacific. The correct answer is Pacific, giving Randall our twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia title, Well done, rail. We still have one more question to go, but he has now been declared the winner. You cannot catch you. You've got two perfect games on the see if we can up the donation. The Mariana Trench is located between Australia and Japan in the Western Pacific Ocean. It is seven miles deep, making it one point five miles taller than Mount Everest. Animals that live in the Mariana Trench include dumbo, octopus, anglerfish, goblin, shark, and seek you com.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 1: It is if you put Mount Everest in the trench, you'd still have one point five miles of ocean above it. It's one point five miles taller than Mount Everest.
Speaker 4: My wife hates deep drop, and she'd especially get bored.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's a reel out there that could handle that.
Speaker 4: It's probably like a bunch of reals.
Speaker 1: James Cameron was the challenger that he sent down there. That's what you'd have to have.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, the line alone would probably uh sink your boat in Alaska.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the correct answer review so far. One was Texas two noxious, three g four fish weir five p t Barnum six Goliath seven black, eight dermistic beetles nine. Here is question ten. This ten letter word, which has synonyms such as puckery, tart, acidic, and bitter, is often used to describe the taste of sour berries. This ten letter word, which has synonyms such as puckery, tart, acidic, and bitter, is often used to describe the taste of sour berries.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe.
Speaker 1: We still have.
Speaker 3: A perfect game in what century?
Speaker 1: Perfect game available? For Steve and Brodie?
Speaker 2: The topic is for I mean, that's a major asterisk. You're gonna have to live with that.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: It's not something in addition to but your little derm if did I.
Speaker 4: Mean I spelled it one letter wrong?
Speaker 1: You have? Do you have this one right, Steve?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay. This ten letter word, which has synonyms such as puckerty, tarta, cidic, and bitter, is often used to describe the taste of sour berries.
Speaker 4: Paters are gonna hate, man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Did you just come up with that?
Speaker 2: You're the only one that's gonna have to live with this. Everybody else is gonna forget. You're gonna remember SMA and you.
Speaker 1: Can come up with some meat eater sports posts.
Speaker 4: I wear this perfect game like a badge of honor and go.
Speaker 1: That's our The next edition of the poster, along with cals, two thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by dion. This ten letter word, which is synonyms such as puckery, tartisitic, and bitter, is often used to describe the taste of sour berries. Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Kind of like forty.
Speaker 4: Questions, like I would to overcome him and take him if we had more time.
Speaker 1: You're on that trajectory parallel, can't wait till we're just back to regular game. Brodie, how you doing over there?
Speaker 4: I'd be walking out of here with all that money?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I must know it?
Speaker 3: Go ahead and answer.
Speaker 2: Answer.
Speaker 1: Randall says a stringent. Cal says unripened. Steve says a stringent Brody without an answer, the correct answer is a stringent and Randall got that one.
Speaker 7: A stringent flavor well, because a stringent taste is a flavor of dryness that is generally produced by tannins and the bark, leaves and rinds of plants and fruits.
Speaker 1: Some things associated with a stringent flavor include citrus rindes, wine, green tea, cranberries, per simmons, coriander, cabbage, and radishes. All right, Randall is our winner of the entire championship, and Steve is the winner today. And we're now.
Speaker 5: No no, I was going to call her.
Speaker 4: The guyonaire.
Speaker 1: We so we're going to make a let's see, we had thirty five hundred.
Speaker 4: Steve and I tied today. He got a perfect be without the right yeah, you would have tied one letter wrong. The spelling he Alway says, spelling don't count for conservation.
Speaker 1: Though we're gonna give still a perfect disagree. You have a thirty five hundred dollars donation to Sake. That is fifteen hundred dollars via Athletic Brewing and two thousand dollars via media. Or what are you gonna do with all that money?
Speaker 4: I'd like to Uh, I'd like to split that money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd like to give how long have you been thinking about this?
Speaker 4: Well? Just since this morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, only since then.
Speaker 5: I'd like to give half of it to the Land Access Initiative.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna make me? We're doing or could we do?
Speaker 4: Thirds?
Speaker 1: Sure? Do whatever you like? Five hundred dollars, a.
Speaker 5: Third to the Land Access Initiative, A third.
Speaker 1: Third of three thousand, five hundred dollars. Okay, So I don't know what one third going to.
Speaker 5: Let's do hash to land Access Initiative and to backcountry hunters and anglers.
Speaker 1: Half to the Land Access Initiative and have to be agent to do that. Sure, you do whatever you want. The Meat Eater Trivia champion we had Brody is the twenty twenty two champion, Steve is twenty twenty three, now Randal is twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five is gonna be fun. Then we're gonna we're gonna finally have one of you separate yourself.
Speaker 4: Two times.
Speaker 2: Steve got to do something.
Speaker 1: All the money is getting all the money's getting donated via Randall as the winner.
Speaker 4: He's kind of doing it in my honor.
Speaker 5: I had a whole speech prepared, but the whole dividing the money up thing sort of stole the thunder and then the thing take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's bear it.
Speaker 5: I just want to say, we talk a lot about ring culture in the modern NBA, and there's a lot of guys that just never made it over the hump, a lot of great players out there, and so this means a lot to me that I can now be counted among the greats who can say they.
Speaker 4: Won it all.
Speaker 5: And just shout out to all my supporters out there, the random les.
Speaker 3: There are many of us.
Speaker 5: But they're a passionate, fiery bunch, and so you know, this one's for you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: Describe the average randomal to me.
Speaker 5: They just they like a clean fair game, They appreciate quips, and they like references to bad movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well a very niche audience. Randal the twenty twenty four champion Brodie Steve. You boys want say anything nice or mean to him?
Speaker 2: No, I mean he earned it.
Speaker 1: He wire and Wire had to.
Speaker 5: Lead the entire game. I came in focused twenty six on it last year. Last year, I really blew it in the first two rounds. Yeah, so I'm just glad I could come in and take care of business.
Speaker 1: Well done, Randall.
Speaker 4: We have a picture, like you know, I think of it like a picture. It's like a hundred yard da ash right, okay, and like he jumps the he jumps to the thing, start, starts early, and then towards he blows a hammy right, but just makes it across.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I just ran like a clean game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Just a slow call him another two steps out of blast and passed him.
Speaker 1: At the end of the tournament, we have eleven hundred dollars to n w TFGY, one thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars going to the l a I, and thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars going.
Speaker 5: To be forty six hundred dollars forty six hundred dollars Spencer, Well done.
Speaker 4: You're organizing this game all series that was a good game.
Speaker 1: Conservation Meat Eater Trivia the only game show a conservation.
Speaker 4: If you're a tax dervious and you have any shoot me a note. Yeah, Spencer himself, Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. And he's an avid amateur lockhouse