Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Haylen Miller, Keys, and Jared Haven An iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everyone, Welcome back to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. We have a special Q and A episode for you guys with the three of us all here to chat and question. Oh, it's the three of us, Me, Dean, Jared, the trio.
Speaker 1: Just the three of us, Just the three of us.
Speaker 3: Just I'm looking at articles.
Speaker 4: There was an article about technology pioneer believes artificial intelligent intelligence technology will revolutionize online dating.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen the South Park episode with chat GPT? No, it's so funny. I haven't watched south Park in a long time, but I watched this newest season up and I haven't watched in a couple of weeks, but for maybe a few months. But there's an episode where I'm sorry, we're already off tracking. This is a Q and A episode relative to what he's talking about, so I can't remember who it is. It was like Clyde or something was and him and Babe were like they were so in love and baby was so obsessed with a Clyde lately, and Stan comes to find out that Clyde every time Babe messages him, he puts it into chat GPT and then chat GPT formulates a response, so he just copies and pastes it and puts it back into the chat.
Speaker 1: With Beabey and Bebe's.
Speaker 5: Like, Clyde's been so great and so attentive lately to everything.
Speaker 1: He's just so perfect.
Speaker 5: And it's just funny to think about, Like there's probably people out there that are having full fledged conversations with people like as they're starting to date, that aren't even like conversing. They're just letting AI do everything for them.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to think about.
Speaker 4: What the hell is chat GBT anyway, chat GPT. I've heard so much about this, so this is the thing that I can just go on and then what do I do? Because people are telling me like it creates things, Like somebody was saying, how.
Speaker 3: You can you can create? Like like I can?
Speaker 4: I think I forget what was but like if I wanted to do smoothies at Audrey's, They're like, no, this thing can create a recipe list for you, Like what.
Speaker 1: It sure could.
Speaker 5: It's like basically if you went to chat GPT and you're like, hey, I need a one thousand word essay on the effects of high tides in the month of December or something like something random. It'll write a thousand word essay of that for you. And so like, imagine being a student nowadays.
Speaker 1: It'd be so cool.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. How are they regulating that with students?
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 5: So there is another AI software that you can put a clip of literature into and then that AI software can tell you whether that literature was AI generated. But there's also a lot of that doesn't always work. There have been many accounts where someone's wrote or written an article or an essay for a class or something. Literally they wrote it themselves and then the professor puts it into a processor and then it'll say this is AI generated, but in reality it wasn't AI generated. So there are still some misgivings with it. But it's really interesting, and it's so so early on with this, Like, it's interesting. It's gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few years.
Speaker 2: Probably makes a stummach.
Speaker 1: It will allow.
Speaker 5: Us to rely quite a bit more on technology, which is funny because we already rely so much on technology, but I can't imagine being a student right now, Like you have a five page paper due tomorrow, and instead of having to cram for six hours, you can just do it into chat GPT real quick. My brother is a software developer and he's pretty new to it. He's been doing it for like a little less than a year now. He's excelling at work every single day.
Speaker 1: He says. His bosses are so proud of him.
Speaker 5: And he's like, yeah, every time I write some code, I put it in chat GPT and it like makes it perfect for me.
Speaker 1: I just and he tells the bosses that too.
Speaker 5: He's like, I use chat GPT to like refine my code and then like everything you put out is fantastic.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, I I.
Speaker 5: YouTube how to do it or figure out how to do it, and then I get it pretty good, good enough, and then I put it into chat GPT and it makes it perfect, and then I upload it and it's it's phenomenal, he says.
Speaker 3: It's this world sucks.
Speaker 1: I think it's great.
Speaker 3: There's something to be said about human creativity though, oh yeah, yeah, the individual spirit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting too, because like, as a fan of photography as I am. You can see these AI. AI can now make basically photography, and you can you can get anything you want from AI generated photography. You can put in like I want a man standing in front of a window with a silhouette and the moon in the background, and it'll like make it look so photo realistic and it's pretty crazy to see.
Speaker 4: But it's so frustrating, Like, as someone who's loved movies all their life, has nobody watched a futuristic movie about any machines taking over the world. This is legitimately the plot the Terminator. Yeah, and if anybody it's coming, it's happening, and it's only going to get worse, and one day they will turn on us, and this is all bad news, all bad.
Speaker 1: News, all bad news.
Speaker 5: It is interesting though, from the movie front. Sorry that while we keep being off topic here, I've seen some you can do AI. You can you can incorporate AI into a movie to like give you improved CGI effects for like low budget films, so you can have like one hundred dollars AI software give you a five hundred thousand dollars CGI output, and so it's great for like small filmmakers where they need this special like say you want this person to look like an alien or something like that, and the person's just themselves in the frame doing the frame, and then you put it into this AI software and it's like boom alien. Now every frame is him as doing the exact same thing, but now he's an alien. It's crazy, it's it's it's mind blowing for sure.
Speaker 2: Also AI with actors too. You know, actors are going on strike because of AI. And that was a black Mirror episode.
Speaker 5: It was a black mirror episode. Yeah, Samahayak like licensed her likeness to Upstreamberry, which is the fictional Netflix in the show, and they can basically make her do anything that they want at any time.
Speaker 2: Instantly, actors are about to go and strike. It think at the end of the month they're deciding if because of AI and a couple of other things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, AI needs to get shut down, needs to get shut down fast, because it's I'm telling you Skynet's coming guys.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And actually there was an article, ironically enough, that I was reading about how AI is already being used to create bios for people.
Speaker 3: On online dating.
Speaker 4: And then there was there was a study commissioned by an app called Fast Forward Dating, So you know, take this however you want it. But they found that eighty three percent of people in the US are quote turned off by the idea of matching someone who used AI tools to craft a profile, while twenty nine percent think it's a red flag and thirty nine percent considered it a form of deceit and it would be a deal breaker. But my question, because this all stand by. Apparently there was some guy on Twitter that found that there was a bunch of profiles on Hinge that were all under this name.
Speaker 3: They were named Andy, but it was different photos.
Speaker 4: It was like all every single profile was this guy named Andy, but it was all different people for different profiles, but each one of them all like had the same exact bio, just with different answers. And the bio would be like a random fact that I love and then it would describe some fact and then in the next profile it would say I like everything about culture. So like one profile with Andy with one photo would say a random fact I love is blank, and then it would say I like everything about culture blank. But then another profile, also named Andy but with different pictures, would say a random fact that I love is blank, and it would be a different fact and then it would go down and say I like everything about culture blank. And so this guy was pretty much saying that that these people are created. It didn't like they would just upload their photo and then have AI create all their profiles for him.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I am glad we don have to do with that.
Speaker 3: I guess that's crazy. How would you feel about that?
Speaker 5: I personally wouldn't upload or allow AI to because, like you said, human creativity. And then not only that, but also you're asking AI to write about yourself, which I think is like an It's like another layer of weirdness to that. You know, like you're asking you're asking AI to write about you. Why don't you just write about you? How's AI going to know your interests as well? As you know your interests? You don't, They won't, so you just write it out and then.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you want to ask Jared one of these questions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's come into the Q and a Q and A. So are you hoping for a boy or a girl? Do you care at all?
Speaker 3: If we have so it?
Speaker 2: Well, if you guys have a second kid, because you're yeah.
Speaker 4: To me, listen where we're we're in the plans out of having a second child sooner rather than later, as wonderful and terrifying as that is. And also I was thinking about it, and I was talking to Ashley, and it doesn't make sense. It makes sense in my head though I love Dawson so much. I love Dawson more than anything, and so there's a part of me that doesn't want to have another kid because I don't want to share that love or the love that I have with Dawson with something else, if that makes sense, because in my mind, there's only so much love that I can give. And I've experienced that with Lois to a very different level, obviously, because I love our dog so much.
Speaker 3: Lois. I love her so much. But I've I've come to terms with the.
Speaker 4: Fact that it's sad to say, but I love Dawson so much more than her, something I never knew was gonna be possible. I Mean, I always thought, like, of course, I'm going to love my kids more than my dog, but I love my dog so much, Like how can I love a kid more than my dog? Then you have the kid and you're like, Okay, yeah, I definitely love my kid.
Speaker 3: Way more than the dog.
Speaker 4: So now the idea of having a second kid, I'm like, well, does that mean that I'm gonna love Dawson less because I now need to love something as much as I love Dawson and that feeling was almost impossible to love something as much as I love Dawson again, So I was thinking about that, and I was trying to quantify it in my head and talk to Ashley about this, and it really makes no sense once I say the words, but in my head it makes more much more sense. So I was like, do we want another kid so we can like love something as hard as we love Dustin.
Speaker 3: I don't know if. I don't even know if I want that.
Speaker 4: But of course it's ridiculous because people have multiple kids and they're like, you just love your kids because they're your kids. So, uh, for a boy or a girl. To answer the question long winded, I could care less. I mean, I guess a girl just to experience having a girl. But at the same time, having two boys and having brothers would be pretty cool. As Dean can attest to, I'm sure like having a brother is pretty awesome because it creates a bond. It's your brother, you know, but having a girl would would be fantastic, especially for Ashley, so she can have a girl and experience that in her life. And also I think it would be good for Dawson too to be the older brother to have a little sister to take care of and really teach him a you know about you know, caring for your sibling and watching out for her and taking on responsibility and making sure that she's okay.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm leaning towards girl. But's so girl. I'll say, a girl.
Speaker 1: It in? I like it, Yeah, walk it in.
Speaker 5: And the survey says, oh wait, that's a millionaire to be millionaire, I'm sorry. As someone that has both a brother, two brothers, and a sister, it's interesting because I love my sister so so much. I love both my brother so so much. I didn't growing up. I hated my sister and she hated me too. We hated hated hated each other.
Speaker 3: Like this is probably mad that you were prettier than her.
Speaker 5: No, she is very beautiful and she always doubt this. And I was always really ugly and I still am really ugly.
Speaker 3: Shut Yeah, you're you're a hideous thickhead.
Speaker 1: It's actually was.
Speaker 5: It was one of the things that I got bullied about about the most in middle in high school was how hot my sister is. And I was like, oh, I actually punched one of my friends in the face once, I said, stop talking about how pretty my sister is. And I tried to punch him in the chest and he like blocked it up into his face, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm so sorry, but you brought this part of yourself.
Speaker 5: But no, we hated hated each other, my sister and I and I don't know what it was. Maybe we were so close in age and like part I partly resented her because I got bullied because of how hot she is. But it's just it's interesting, like there is no bond like a brother's bond, I guess, is how I want to say it. Like my brothers are my two best friends. They always will be, they always have been. Maybe I'll always have been. As we got older, we got a lot closer. But you just like have so much more in common with my with my brothers, and it's hard to have that in common with a sister, just because your interests are so different. So I see your I see your dilemma, Like you want to have a girl because you want to.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be great for Ashley to have.
Speaker 5: A daughter as well, Like every except for Kaitlin, I think every girl wants to have a baby girl except me, and it's great to have both obviously experience both. But like from a brother's perspective, having another brother is the best case scenario, best case scenario, I think, just because it gives you the chance to like be girl up with this person that you can share so many more interests with. Not that guys and girls can't have the same interest but in my case at least, like.
Speaker 3: No, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 4: I think if either brothers or sisters are always closer than a brother and a sister.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah right, But then you get the some circumstances you see, like brother and sister are like super super close, and I've always kind to be a little envious of that too, Like I wish my sister and I were.
Speaker 1: We are close now, but we weren't that close growing up. But yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: That's it too. It's like you grow up and no matter what, not no matter what, but usually you become close when you're older, Like Josh and I my brother and I became close when you're older, older, Yeah, can I speak.
Speaker 5: I think it's because when you're younger, you the age gap is so much more apparent.
Speaker 2: And then when you Josh and I were the same age, that's why we hated each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just a boy growing up versus a girl growing up. Like I think it's just it's there's just you guys are in the same household. There's like competition, even though they're not supposed to be competition, but there definitely is.
Speaker 3: And then there's just.
Speaker 4: That that internal feeling of ick because they are your brother, your sister, Like, oh, I don't want to hang out with them, one to hang out with my friends. It's just the immature of it all. And then you grow up and you realize, no, I want to hang out with my family, so I'd rather hang out with my sibling. But that doesn't come until later and you're mature. But you know, mature girls from mature at a younger age.
Speaker 3: So like we don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, guys don't mature till like thirty one thirty two, so it takes us a while.
Speaker 5: You know, it is interesting, like hanging out with my brothers. Now, I get so much more excited to hang out with my brothers than I do hang out than I do to hang out with my friends.
Speaker 1: And I love my friends and I love hanging out with them.
Speaker 5: But every time, I guess maybe because I see my brothers less, but every time I go to get the chance to hang out with my brothers, I'm always like, Yes, I get to hang out with Brad or I get to hang out with Ross, and I'm so excited about it. And then I leave that experience and I'm like, oh, that was exactly like I needed it to imagine it to be, and it was so great and I can't wait to do it again.
Speaker 1: When I see my friends, I'm like, give me the heck.
Speaker 5: After enough time, I'm like, I'm ready to not see you for another couple of weeks, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: All right, let me ask you guys a question, because I know we're short on time. When you guys take a step back, you think about the wedding and getting married to each other, does it ever like feel so surreal the fact that you're marrying someone you met on TV.
Speaker 3: H Like that still ever hit you? On the head.
Speaker 2: It's weird. I think it's weirder for me that I had a crush on Dan before I went on the show and slid into his DMS and now we're getting married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really, you really manifested this.
Speaker 2: I sure did. I'm a good manifestor.
Speaker 1: I was actually randomly thinking about that the other day.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn, this motherfucker really just swindled me into Mary.
Speaker 2: No marriage, no kids.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you really just did it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: First it started with no coffee date, blowing me off.
Speaker 5: You you freaking I pulled it off.
Speaker 1: And it kind of makes me. I don't know how to feel about.
Speaker 2: It because you said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 5: It's interesting from my perspective because it's like, Okay, this girl really wanted to go on a date with me. Then this girl really wanted to date me, and then this girl really wanted to marry me. And I was like, this freaking girl got everything you wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you make it sound so insided. Make it not sound so insided.
Speaker 1: It spreaking girl got everything she wanted.
Speaker 3: Come on, maybe this guy got everything you wanted.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe this guy never subconsciously, subconsciously or consciously, you thought you never wanted to get married, you thought you never wanted to sell down. And then all the while, internally these are things that you wanted but you never expressed, and then Kaylen was able to bring it out of you, so you finally got what you wanted because internally you're like, you know what, I do want to meet the girl of my dreams. I do want to get married someday, potentially have kids, have a dog who's a little psychotic with her but fantastic. We love them just the same. You know, these are all things that maybe subconsciously you wanted, but you were just not expressing it.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 5: But I hate giving people what they want, giving from me, like I hate giving. I hate when people expect something from me and then I do it, you know what I mean. It's like the contrarian in me, I guess. And so here I am just being giving Kaylen exactly what.
Speaker 2: You shut up, say something nice, it's a.
Speaker 4: Bad thing, they could try it inside of you has one more opportunity, and that is just don't say.
Speaker 1: I No, I would never do that.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Well maybe no, you think I'm gonna say I do watch me.
Speaker 5: No, it's kind of a weird catch twenty two because it's like, yeah, I am doing I'm like, this person wanted this soap not so bad. I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but I'm this person wanted this, and here I am being a chump that's given it to her. But then on the flip side of it, too, it's like, no one ever expects me to get married, and yet here I am getting married. So it's like that maybe outweighs the feeling of giving this person exactly what they want it. I'm like, you know you you love people, and so you give the people that you love what they want. You make exceptions for the people that you love. Maybe it's more so like when people that I don't really care so much about expect a certain thing out of me, then I try to do the opposite. But if it's someone that I love, then I can make some excep exceptions, you know.
Speaker 1: So marry you?
Speaker 3: Yeah sounds very romantic.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it is a.
Speaker 5: Little interesting to think about, but yes, I'm getting everything I want. Obviously, you could have the dream wedding that I've dreamt ever since I was a little boy.
Speaker 1: What is that? Why'd you make yours like that?
Speaker 2: Because you're just like really non romanticizing everything right now?
Speaker 1: I just like to be real.
Speaker 2: I'm a realistic kind of annoying me. Actually, Oh my.
Speaker 5: Gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm so lucky. I'm so happy. I'm getting everything I've ever wanted. How could I complain? What do I have to complain about? Finding things to complain? Little my mind using complain out. I've got a beautiful fiance, crazy little dog, in a nice little house, and we're gonna have a cute little wedding, and we got to travel the world together and spend our lives together. What could be better than that?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So I have a question for Dean that hopefully will help the situation. Just help him, help him take the shovel out of his hand. Dean, when did you know, because we're going back in time now, you thought you might never want to get married.
Speaker 3: You were unsure. What was do you remember like a moment in time or was it.
Speaker 4: Just gradual that you realized, Okay, my ideas of traditional marriage we're a little misguided, or like you said, I love Kaylan so much that because she wants to get married. I want to marry her. When did you come to that decision, of that realization that.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to get married, that.
Speaker 3: You wanted to get married because you love Kaylen so much?
Speaker 5: Well, I do love Kaylen so much, and I want her to have everything that she's ever wanted in life and marriage.
Speaker 1: Just you know, I agree.
Speaker 5: It's like it's maybe intimidating for a guy to think about at a certain time in his life, and then eventually you just come around to it. But like we've I've said a million times, I've always wanted to not always, but I from a very early stage in our relationship, I was very keen to spending the rest of my life with Kaylin, whether that entail getting married or not. And then the concept of a wedding, I was just like, well, I'm just kind of poor, so it kind of broke. So I don't really want to spend all this money on a wedding. But if my wonderful fiance wants this, let's freaking do it. And if we're gonna do it, let's do it right. There was a time we've talked about this on the podcast before. I think where, uh, you know, still I was I was in love with Kaylin at this moment, but you never realize your feelings. And then I was on a bachelor party, my brother's bachelor party. We rented like a hut in the mountains and it were skiing and there was no service up there, and everyone was like sleeping in this little twelve bed hut, all shared.
Speaker 1: Room together, and it was like two am.
Speaker 5: I couldn't sleep, and so I was just scrolling through my phone looking at pictures of Kaylin, and I was like, that's probably the moment where I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: This, this is this is real love.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe the moment where I like, because it's no secret either that it took me a little bit longer to come around on everything than it did you. You were all in from the get go, which I love so much, And that was the moment that it was like, Okay, this is real for me as well.
Speaker 1: And I already kind of knew it before too.
Speaker 5: But also I was thinking about this because I was like, I've been like writing my vows in my head a little bits. As the days go on, I like forget some stuff and then I write some new stuff, and I forget some stuff.
Speaker 2: Put nothing pen to paper, all in your head, all in that that you keep forgetting, and you forgot your brother's your brother's uh speech speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I need to start writing stuff down.
Speaker 5: But I do think and this is something that I might incorporate, my vows might not. But I don't think that I've ever been in love before. And I've talked about being in love before on this podcast. You know, I've had my three loves of my life before this, at different stages of my life. I don't think any of those were loved because I think that I was emotional and I had certain feelings towards these people, but none of it was love. Because I don't think I've ever really been in love until Kaylin, because the way that we love each other is just so much different than I've ever loved anyone before. And I never thought that I was gonna marry on those people before. But with you, it's like you provide a certain level of like comfort and stability, and I want you.
Speaker 1: I want the best for you at all times. Not that I didn't want the best for them at all times either.
Speaker 5: But like will and to the point where I'm willing to sacrifice my wants and my needs for your wants and your needs. And I feel like this is the first time that I'm in love because it's the first time that I've ever felt comfort and like belonging in a relationship before. So I don't think I've been in love up until you.
Speaker 3: That's a great infer.
Speaker 5: No, she's mad at me, so she can't fully say how she really feels.
Speaker 1: But it's true. I was thinking about that a lot. Actually, it's true. I think that love and love does.
Speaker 5: The definition of love changes as you progress through life and things change for you as an individual, of course, But I don't think I've ever been in love until I met you.
Speaker 1: Very sweet, Now say something nice about me.
Speaker 2: I say nice things. I said nice things about you, and you just decided to. I don't know, but that was very sweet.
Speaker 1: That was sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did good.
Speaker 1: Cool kiss.
Speaker 3: Let's leave off at that so we don't ask another question. That makes this.
Speaker 1: Episode is only twenty minutes long, though.
Speaker 3: It was always I want to be twenty minutes long.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was gonna say, I want to dig myself in another hole and see if I can get myself.
Speaker 3: No, no, digging my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 4: You were so good and yeah, let's end on that. So, thank you so much listeners for tuning into this week's episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. Make sure you listen to Monday's episode. That was a good one, and next week, fourth of July, we do have a special episode coming out. It's gonna be a little shortened version, but we will have an episode coming out next week for the fourth of.
Speaker 3: July, so make sure you tune into that. Well. Hopefully we all suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at Being Newlyweds.
Speaker 2: And email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.