Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you once again for being here with us. Yes, love and appreciate you, We sure do. And Roma is sitting here with a beautiful tan y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all browns and bronzed and all kinds of goodness.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, we'll have to have to tell you all all about, yes, where I've been. You have to tell everyone about where you've been and what we've been doing. Hmmmm.
Speaker 2: We might as well do that now because it's part of my Reasonably Shady moment?
Speaker 1: Oh is it? Yeah? Okay, all right, well you start, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, So hi guys, So happy to see you guys. I have been in International World Traveler. Yes, I did this summer. I decided to do Italy. Last summer we did France with me and my kid. So this summer we went to Rome and then we took a train to to like the Maufe coast. So we got off at like Sealerno and took a car to Positano, which just like on the Maufa coast, and then we stayed there for a while. Then we went over to Capri, which is its own island.
Speaker 1: Nice to take a boat.
Speaker 2: We took a boat, took Capri. That's the only way that you can get there. And we stayed there for a while. And then we went to Naples Wow, and stayed there for a couple days. We could have actually missed Naples Wow. But we did some fun stuff in Naples, which I'll tell about later anyway, and then we came on home.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, that is how many days was that? That was?
Speaker 2: This is twelve twelve.
Speaker 1: Days in Italy? Yes, okay? Which one was your favorite? Favorite was probably Positano.
Speaker 2: And it's so crazy because everybody talks about Capri because Capri is very much like lifestyles of the rich and faces. It's like the cutest town ever high end.
Speaker 1: Is that like a town on the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, the whole thing is island, that's right. Yeah, it's very small. But like I don't know, for whatever reason, Pasatana was like it gave you all of that, plus it gave you much more of the culture. So I like that cultural perspective and it seemed very homey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, so how was the food? Was there that? The food was better?
Speaker 2: Food was amazing. Enrome, we did a pasta making class. Okay, that was great because I made my own pasta. And by the way, every time like the little instructor would come around, he would always look at like my dough and he'd be like perfect, perfect, and the kids were not getting perfect. They were getting like he would have to I. He would have to like fix this. Mine is perfect, thank you. But that's because you bake. You like to bake. Yeah right, that's not pasta.
Speaker 1: I know, but I feel like those skills are transferable probably you know.
Speaker 2: For that that the food was great. So in Naples, we did a food tour, which I recommend for everyone to do, and it went a little something like this, Okay, they meet you somewhere and then they're like, let's go and you walk the streets and they take you to places that has like authentic Napoleon food. So we started with like something that I didn't like. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: It's like a cookie or something.
Speaker 2: It was. It was wax, right, and then we went to like ragoul and then we got sardines fried sardines, which I would have never eaten.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: We got pizza fried pizza balls with kale in Its good.
Speaker 1: I've never thought I would hear the word fried in Italy? Yes, what do you mean? I don't know. I just when I I just when I hear I've been to Italy, so when I remember, it's just more everything's just like fresh and yeah, I don't know, but their fry is different.
Speaker 2: It's a different taste to It's like it's like more salty, okay, which I loved. Then we we had like the pizza you know, was the place that they picked, like, which is super authentic pizza that you love?
Speaker 1: So yeah, thin dough, oh my god, you know, not a ton of sauce. Yes, so we were shootooto.
Speaker 2: We got so we went to maybe like ten different spots. We were totally full afterwards, but worth it.
Speaker 1: That sounds delish. Yeah, that's what. That's cute. I like that everyone should do a food tour of wherever you go, where you go? Okay, I like that. I didn't even like who even knew that that was like a thing that you could sign up for, right, But I'm greedy. Now you know, yeah, and you and I know we're still trying to get to your reasonably shady moment, but like I feel like we can't. We can't not talk about the trip, all right, And you planned all of this yearself? I did.
Speaker 2: I did so I this is actually what I like to do. So I like to do research about the hotels where they are in the city.
Speaker 1: I like to pick our activities.
Speaker 2: Obviously the kids kind of weigh in with activities, but yeah, I like to do all that, and I lay it out. It's actually a lot of work. But I sure it's a lot of work. But I liked a ton of work because people were.
Speaker 1: Asking me, like, what travel agent do you work with? No, and her name's Giselle. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, I should start a travel agent business.
Speaker 1: You could, yes, yes, yes, that's your Season nine storyline.
Speaker 2: I'm a travel agent. They do travel ations even make money these days.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. Say, hey, if y'all are listening, you're a travel agent. Yeah, us, And if that's a good business that Gazelle should get into.
Speaker 2: Let us know, because I can actually tell you firsthand what's the good place to go or not to go. But another side to that is like since when the Internet hit, like everybody just started doing stuff on their own. So when I was married, Jamal used to do it, like he used to like be all into like look at I think that's why I started like getting into it, because he would like look up all these little hotels he loves, like little boutique hotels.
Speaker 1: And then when we would.
Speaker 2: Get there, I would plan all of the activities. Yeah, that was my thing, okay, And so now I just do it for me and my kids.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Okay, So can you next year? Can you maybe invite us the Dixons. Yes, I would love to invite the Dixons. Yes, and we wouldn't you know, we could go off and do our separate things. Did you get sick of us or whatever?
Speaker 2: So funny that you said that, because when we were in Capri, you know we were we always have a boat day.
Speaker 1: So you know boats range. Yeah, so there's some boats that would have loved to split the costs.
Speaker 2: Well. No, I was thinking I was gonna by next year, I'm going to be, you know, very rich.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you're gonna have a booming travel agent.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna be very rich. So I'm gonna like get a boat for like a month. And so we were talking about inviting people on the boat. Who will we invite? Yeah, and we said the Dixon Yah, Dixons are invited.
Speaker 1: Yes, And in the time that you go, it's like, you know, perfect for us as well. Right, So okay, next year we I'm serious about that. Yes, we're gonna get the boat and y'all.
Speaker 2: So y'all can come and like come and move as you wish, meaning like you can stay the whole time, you can come week, you can, we'll have dinners together. Then we'll have days where you do your own thing. I love that, Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: And it'll be cool. And then the girls would have like you know, the guys to kind of like have fun with hang out with.
Speaker 2: But Corey and Grace on the streets of Italy, I foresee I foresee something.
Speaker 1: Yes, police will be called because Grace is like, let's go over here and try it is right, and they're gonna go do it and it's gonna be okay. And then Carter will be like, no, don't go.
Speaker 2: Yes, Angel'll be like I'm telling mom right right right now, Okay, let me tell you about my all right, Yes, So I'm in Positano, which I love, and their thing is like lemons. So lemons are everywhere, Limons are on the clothes, lemons. They sell lemon anything, okay, lemon tallo obviously, so they have lemon ornaments. So I went into the store to get a lemon ornament because the kids were like, that should be a good Christmas ornament this year for because you know, my Christmas tree is real Charlie Brown, and everybody knows chot Cheese and Robins is not. Robins is by the book, you could take a picture and put it in better hall to car.
Speaker 1: Okay. So getting there, I'm trying. I go to pick out.
Speaker 2: The ornament and then one falls on the ground, splat. But I was standing next to a lady, so it could have been either one of us that did it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so yes it was me.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, the people that worked there, oh, they started talking real loud, and I was ignoring all of that because if you break something that safeway, it's like who.
Speaker 1: Can Yeah, they just like come sweep it up, Sep.
Speaker 2: Like I can't tell you how many times I didn't busted a jelly jar online right at four in Safeway, like it's it's every three weeks. I'm busting jars jelly jars of maple syrup, minced garlic. Yes, all of that's on the floor. No big deal, that's how we do in the state, right, But apparently that's not an Italian.
Speaker 1: Things are plentiful in the States.
Speaker 2: Oh so the girl, So the lady comes behind me and picks up the stuff that was falling on the ground and apparently one of the one of the like sides of it that was broken had the price tag on it, and she puts it on the counter. And so she's just talking to me real loud in that language.
Speaker 1: Oh, like you break it, you buy it?
Speaker 2: That cute, But I don't I don't know what the Italian is for you break it, you buy It's probably like I got me, I tell you. And I was like, so, Grace, who's my rider? Yes, was like she I was at counter to buy the one that I wanted to do. Right, they still talking in this Italian. Grace rolled up so fast next to me and she was like like stood there and looked at them like she wanted to like go them.
Speaker 1: Twins was out the door. You broke and you buy your bobby. Let me take you something. Grace is about it? She ready?
Speaker 2: So I said, so then I give them what I was gonna buy, and they said in English, well, good thing, you broke one that was smaller. It's not as expensive. In other words, bitch, we're bringing this up to right. So I looking like, this is not what we do in the United States. It's a courtesy. You are able to break shit and you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: So I'm mad all Italians. They're shady, yes right now, I'm mad at all of them.
Speaker 1: So what So did you pay for it? I had no choice?
Speaker 2: Really, they they they rang it up as I was trying to Can you tell me how much it costs?
Speaker 1: It was probably twenty dollars? Okay, but that's not the point. Okay, the price is not the point. Okay. Did they have like twenty four dollars hundreds and hundreds of ornaments?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh they did. Yeah, they had like a ton. They had a ton okay of lemon ornaments.
Speaker 2: Of lemon or go to Pastiano you will see a ton of lemon ornaments and probably fifty stores.
Speaker 1: And I cannot so, yeah, this shit should happen a lot. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I felt like saying, y'all need to better equipped how you hang them right, because anybody could have done this. You probably they probably stepped me up to make me do it on purpose so that I would have to buy it.
Speaker 1: So trap.
Speaker 2: So yes, they are shady. Yes, in this country, you you break it, you don't buy.
Speaker 1: It unless there's a sign that says you break it, you buy it.
Speaker 2: Typically when it's when it's like that, there's a sign that says do not touch.
Speaker 1: True, yes, very true. So unless you have that up, yeah, bitch, I don't want to buy it. Yeah, I think you know what. I actually just saw a sign in the airport and Cabo, in the gift shop at the airport that said if you break it, you buy it. Oh yeah, and did say do not touch. Well no, I didn't say do not touch because people are purchasing these things, right, So it's like, you know, the stuff in it. I don't know it's whether it's a magnet or something, but I literally I was, as you're telling the story, I'm like, I know I saw one recently and it was in Cabo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what Robin was in Cabo. Yes, I was buying stuff. I broke in Italy.
Speaker 1: Yes, she went to Italy. I went to Cabo. I was loving life. I'll talk about that in a little bit, but okay, so my shady moment, Yeah, I received an email from a young lady and it was like for me, I was like, oh, this is perfect, right on time, because it was someone like trying looking for sending her resume right for us, for for us or for meat for whomever. It's like, you know, for like social media and personal assistance and like, so like I'm in the space where like I really probably need someone to help just with all things going on in my life, you know, yes, reasonably shady. And then of course you know I have Glow thirty that I'm going to be opening up, and just stuff going on in the house and all my other businesses and shootout, got kids going to different school I don't know. So I'm like, okay, I'm looking for somebody, a young person in the area that can really you know, come in and help elevate everything that we have going on. Okay, Right, So on the resume she listed her work experience. There was somebody on the resume that she worked for that I knew.
Speaker 2: I think she sent this to me too. Really okay, I think I know where you're going.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. We haven't talked about this, we haven't, okay. So I texted the person, Yes, me too, Oh you did? I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead because I was thinking about this person for reasonably shady Yes that too, Yes, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yes. So I texted the person that is on this girl's resume like, hey, you know you have you know, I see that she worked for you, Like, what can you tell me about her? You have any insight? Should I engage? And she wrote back, well, she really, like I think the girl like put like a year that she worked for this for this person, he was like, yeah, she really only worked for me for a few months. And the other person that she listened on the resume, she didn't work for them at all. Why are we lying lying on the resume? She was like, but she's like, she's like there's more. She's like we could talk over the phone. I said, girls say less, say no, yes more. Yes, she's okay.
Speaker 2: So I texted her and I said, so funny that we have not had this conversation. And I said, hey, I got this resume from this girl you know her. She was like alright, told Robin, yeah, alright, told Robbin, yeah, that's a no. And I was like, fangs right, And by the way, how's the family.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hold up, you send it out resumes with people two people I don't know the other girl on the other person on the resume that she says she worked for. I personally don't know her, but I know people that know her, yes, And I'm like, you literally put two people on your resume that you one you didn't work for at all, and the other one you worked for like one quarter of the time that you said you did.
Speaker 2: And why would you have people on your resume that aren't gonna vouch for you?
Speaker 1: Right? Like that's the crazy you think that I can't follow up with these people that I can't just be like, hell, that is so fun. I forgot to tell you that. Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I hit her like what's up with because I was excited when I tell you the resume is thorough.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a nice resume. It's perfect. She's local, you know, clearly, I assume she has transportation. She's young, and like the stuff that she said, she did. I'm like, oh, this is just.
Speaker 2: What we need, right all that So long story short, guys, we are looking for people, and if you lie on your resume, you're gonna get busted.
Speaker 1: So please send us your information because of make it truth, right, especially for us, because think about us, like we are public people, you know, we want to maintain a private life and we want to maintain some type of normalcy. We don't want to bring someone in our space that we can't trust. And so you I'm sorry, like you jumping out in the gate sending me a resume full of lies.
Speaker 2: And if you're gonna have somebody on your resume, you better be sure that they're gonna say wonderful things about you, right, because we're I'm never going to hire somebody without checking the references, right, I'm gonna call to people.
Speaker 1: But this wasn't even a reference. This was just like under her work experience. So I'm like, you know, I'm sure her references wouldn't be them.
Speaker 2: True, right, You should be able to use your past employer as a reference, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you put a totally made up someone that you did not work for ever?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, stop, don't do that, y'all, these last write her back and just say no, you shouldn't let it go, Robin, let it go. That's the reasonable side of you.
Speaker 1: Let it go. That would be my good deed of the day. I I mean, I don't even remember. I gotta find it now at this point. That's so funny that she I mean, I guess that's what they do. Like if she reached out to me, then she reached out to everybody on the cast. I'm sure right, And yeah it didn't go well. Okay, So do you want to tell us more about Cabo? Yeah? Sure, So I went to Cabo a couple of weeknds ago. Last week, I don't know, these days get all mixed up. I went to Cabo from a Friday to a Monday with two of my girlfriends. What kind of flight is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: For me, for coming from DC, we have to stop somewhere. It's not a direct flight. So I stopped in Houston and my girlfriends live in Houston, so they so then we flew from We all three together flew from Houston to Cabo out of Dulles. No, no, no direct flights to Caboka. That sucks. Yeah, it's okay, it really sucks. Because Cabo is it's like beautiful. It's so what was the type of place. I mean, if I had spent more time there, I would have left the resort and done other things like gone into like the city because I think there's like shopping and great restaurants. But like the resorts there are so they're just they're great. The food is great, the service is great. So for that period of time, like we didn't have to leave nice, we say that the Nobu resort or hotel. Okay, the food was amazing. So are they only serving sushi all day? No? No, no no, So they have of course a Nobu restaurant there, which like literally we didn't leave one crumb of food on our plate.
Speaker 2: Oh I know you didn't, okay, Robin is when we called so I called myself greedy, rob This is greedy, Okay, greedy girls.
Speaker 1: But my friend, like my friends do, we literally did not leave one crumb. So good. But no, they have like they have a Mexican restaurant. They have a Mediterranean restaurant that was so good. They have a steakhouse. The food at the pool and the bar is so it's not you know when you like go to a pool and usually it's like burgers and fries and chicken wrap and no, it's like tuna tostada. And you know it's just like nice, fresh, light food, healthy food, so good. The drinks are amazing, the service is good. It was very interesting. I noticed all of the workers, like at the pool for the most part, were men, and they were like older men. You know, if you go to like Miami or whatever, Yeah, it's like you young girls, but like yeah, it's like younger girls, younger guys, like you know, just serving. Like No, it was so interesting a cabo. They were like older men that I would probably say were like I don't know, forties to flirt. No, I mean, they were like just super professional, good at their job. Nice I do. I feel like that's probably something that they look for for those servers. For for whatever reason, I just thought it was weird. Okay. Anyway, So we had a really good time. It was like totally relaxing, all about you know, the spa, We worked out, we.
Speaker 2: Need good food, okay, Okay, I love that, went to the pool, Okay, all of that. So there was no like, you know, for these trips with these kids, I always try to put in like some historical moment, like you gotta learn something.
Speaker 1: We got to learn something here, yeah no, yeah, no, no, no, no we didn't because okay, so since where the Nobu resort is. Yeah, it's kind of like off the beaten path from like the main part of Cabo, right, and driving like from the airport to the resort. I just had all types of like crazy visions in my head of like the car tumbling off the road to the Why why this is where? This is where my brain goes. I'm confused. You think you're gonna tumble out the road. Yeah, I just like you know, you just gonna like go around the curve too fast and all of a sudden the car is going to be like doing like fifty tumbles down down the.
Speaker 2: Hill on to the You do not want to go to the Amafi coast because it is a one what is it? One lane street and it's all up into the mountains.
Speaker 1: All that kind of like what we did in France when we went on the show season four, Right, what did we do? I don't know, Yes, you don't remember that. I was about to get sick going we went up to that winery and it was just y yeah, yeah, yeah, something similar to that. Yeah, no, I'm I'm afraid of heights. But then I just have these like visions of like me being on the news for.
Speaker 2: No, for like you know Real Housewives star, Yes, Robin Dixon tumbled off the road in Cabo, or alternatively, like I just envisioned like some random people just coming out on the road, like the car going down the road and then someone throwing out the spikes across the road and then ours go flat?
Speaker 1: What movie are you watching? And then they and then they kidnaped me michell. So I said to my friends, I don't want to leave the resort.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, and you should not not with all of those bad dreams.
Speaker 1: What the hell these are? These are bad day dreams.
Speaker 2: This is Robin, Robin, you're watching my imagination runs wild?
Speaker 1: No, what is that? What is that show? Gangs?
Speaker 2: No, Gangs of London. Stop watching Gangs of London. Okay, I know, no.
Speaker 1: That is probably because most of the shows I want to watch are like yeah, bang bang shoot them up right, Oh that's all you watch? I gotta show and watching what It's not like that? But okay. Shout out to Queens of Bravo once again, because on their Instagram page. They kept posting about the righteous Gemstones. Have you watched that? I have? Your whole ministry is set up to serve the Gemstones? Well, I praise b to he m hm, you watched it? I watched it? Is there new? Is there three seasons? They have three? It's three seasons when I go to on demand. Okay, there's three seasons. So I just started season one.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've seen I've seen them all, but I've seen maybe season one, season two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is fun hilarious, Yes, hilarious. You know what else is funny? I watched on the plane. The upshots are on Netflix?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Caps? And psychska. I got to be there for my kids.
Speaker 2: My dad was no good, so it made me do some messed up stuff back in the day. Back in the day, Negro, you did some vigorous stuff this morning.
Speaker 1: Where did you come from? No one said your name three times?
Speaker 2: Who, by the way, is Hampton Grad? And she's gammu Theata. She's part of my sorority.
Speaker 1: That's wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh that that's that was right? Okay, moving on, so it is very funny. Okay, yes, And Kim Fields is in it upshots. Okay, that's our Netflix, all right.
Speaker 1: I was watching that. Okay, Yes, So it took Grace to God.
Speaker 2: And so this is like it, this is like the big like you're there until next year.
Speaker 1: But you probably were already prepared because you took her for summer. Right, was different? Right?
Speaker 2: No, it was much different because it's like everybody comes. There's a whole lot of kids. She made friends in the summer. Yeah, thank god, because when we got there, all the boys was like, hi, Grace. And I put every single last one of those boys to work.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I did not carry not near a box, not nair book bag, duffel bag, suit case. I carried nothing. I told these boys get too.
Speaker 1: Did you help her unpack? I did not?
Speaker 2: So, so your purpose was what I was there for moral support, okay, And I was there for hugs.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we put everything on she has, she has a roommate. We put everything on her. On Grace's side. Then some boys came in that wanted to meet because her dad was with us, that wanted to meet Pastor Bryant. So they came to chatting with him, and then I was like, oh, it's time for me to go. I was in and out so fast. I was like, I'm out of here. Wow.
Speaker 1: So no emotions this time.
Speaker 2: The emotion this time was more Grace, make me proud? Okay, Grace did I get down here? Because I could tell now like the social butterfly in her is the wings are flying and everyone knows her. She knows everybody. She's key keying and laughing and whoopedi woo, and you know it's about to be Taco Tuesday and were about to get some were about to go to the club to get this Taco Tuesday in the club, Like what where.
Speaker 1: They do that?
Speaker 2: You know? So she's all excited. Her little bestie is two doors down from her dorm.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, now that you've got the lay of the landing, you're not scared. You have to do your work, sish.
Speaker 1: So that's where we are with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, but one of the little guys that she was dating, okay, went to her father's.
Speaker 1: That she was dating when during the summer, over the summer, the guy that's in her pillows, not the pillow guy. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you asked me about the pillow guy. Okay, because somebody wrote in like yessell of course, he was trying to give her a clue about the pillows.
Speaker 1: That's where he wants to put.
Speaker 2: His head, right, pillow guy has been cut.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And I saw the pillows. Okay, so I have more intel on the pillows. Okay, yes, please update us. Pillows were actually very nice because that said something like.
Speaker 1: With the grace of God or the head.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, that's the like. It wasn't just like a dumb pillow.
Speaker 1: It was just like that.
Speaker 2: So it was like a decorative pillow, a decorative pillow that said grace on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, my daughter is the worst. Okay. See, no, but you're the worst because you didn't ask more questions. Probably, yeah, you should have asked more questions. Okay, So but he's gone anyway. Oh I don't know if he's gone him? Now do we for the whatever? The grace of God, I mean God doesn't sound like somebody trying to hump.
Speaker 2: It kind of does anyway. So the other guy that actually do like, okay, I'm not going to say his name. He wanted to go to Jamal's church, races Dad's church. He wanted to like check it out. He lives about two and a half hours away from the church, and him and his mama drove to the church the night before, checked into a hotel, got up the next morning and went service.
Speaker 1: But Jamal was Jamal there? Yes? Oh he was there. Yeah. Okay, Wait, where's this guy from he at? Oh he's Tennessee. He's from Tennessee. Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they met at the summer program. Yeah, he plays basketball. Okay, he has a scholarship.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. Okay. So and he was the.
Speaker 2: Reason why we're talking about this dude, because he was calling every night on the trip. So we're in Italy and you know, she at night, she would like, by the way, Italy, this is another reason why y'all are shady.
Speaker 1: So the first the first place.
Speaker 2: We went was Rome, and for whatever reason, I didn't book the rooms correctly. So I was supposed to have like two like connecting rooms.
Speaker 1: For something happened.
Speaker 2: It was like one room. So we went to go check in. They were like, you have four people?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, yes, I'm aware of who's with me. And they were like, by law, four people cannot stay in one room in Italy. I said, well, first of all, that's not what I what I moved ask for that. Yeah, But second of all, y'all can't have freaking it like y'all can't have any.
Speaker 1: Any American event you gotta sneak them in.
Speaker 2: Y'all cannot have because here, when you're under the age of twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, right, it's like it's like eight people. It's like thirty two of room. Okay in Miami on any given weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, thirty two of them anyway, moving on, So every night would be like going to her little corner. And she talked to this boy. So long story short, he's at church. She tells her father he's going to come because dad, you know, Jamal got in a parking space and the security knew he was there. They made sure he had a nice seed. Him and his mama. Okay, church is about to be over, and that Jamal Brian decided he want to be a dad, not a not a past to a day. So he was like, and before we end, where is mister Oh God why He's like, mister so and so, come on down here and shake my hand. So mister so and So gets up, walks down there and shakes Jamhal's hand, and Jama was like, okay, and I'll see you in my office later, okay, and have a nice week everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh my god. And we have it on video. Okay. So is Grace mortified? What is She was like, oh my god, God.
Speaker 2: So she tells, you know, if we have a group chat, she's telling us all in the group chat, dad has you know, put her boy, her guy on front street and the mama right. So, but they meet him afterwards and Jamal like gives him a once over. And I couldn't even really be mad because as a dad, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you let him know. You set the precedent, you set here. Yeah, she got a dad, you know, we got some standards. Yes, and don't think that you're just gonna be acting all crazy. And it comes to my daughter. But that's awesome that the young man wanted to visit the church. Yes, that's like wow. And it went two hours out of their way to two hour yes. And I was like, so, Grace, is this your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't know what I think it is, whether you know it or not, right, she said, well, he hasn't asked me yet.
Speaker 1: I said, we don't.
Speaker 2: People don't do that anymore. That's high school just fall into it. Yes, So I don't even know how we start talking about that, but yeah, Jamal embarrassed the boy thoroughly.
Speaker 1: Wow. But that's good because the boy is gonna, you know, hopefully keep Jamal is always going to be somewhere in the back of his mind when he's interacting with Grace. He knows she got a daddy that that cares and me.
Speaker 2: So when I went down to pick her up from her summer thing, I saw him. He was like walking in the parking lot and so he's he's like, oh, hi, Grace, and Grace says high to him, and I was like, well, who is this dude?
Speaker 1: And she was like he kind of kept walking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So later he was like all trying to talk to me on a trip. Like when Grace is like talking to him in the corner, He's like, oh, tell your mama said hi. I was like, boy, you ain't want to talk to me, and I was in your face, you want to talk to my daughter, but you don't want to talk to me. He says, well, I didn't think that you want to be bothered because you had on a hat, sunglasses.
Speaker 1: And all black and Air Force ones.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he would be. I said, well, you thought correct, right, that is a good assessment.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: She said, But since I know, right, since I know, it's okay to talk to you. Yeah, I'm gonna talk to you all time.
Speaker 1: That's funny, boy, that's funny. So speaking of kids that make us proud, you said Grace made you proud. So Carter, I'm so proud of him. You know, he had he had a surgery, his knee surgery.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait a minute, BET's back up, because you changed because of the Beyonce show.
Speaker 1: Was the Beyonce show work? Oh? I know, we gotta okay, we gotta talk about that too, Yes, okay, go right ahead. So what we're talk about we talking about Beyonce. We're gonna talk about Beyonce.
Speaker 2: They won't get to Carter because you changed Carter's surgery for your Beyonce.
Speaker 1: I did, I did? I did? Okay? Oh, how do I say this? I could have stayed home.
Speaker 2: My god, behive, Do not come from me, Do not come miss Robin Dixon's behind, do not come for me.
Speaker 1: I could have. I thought it was a great show, excellent show. You know, the songs, the music. I enjoyed the show I did. After about an hour forty five minutes, was like, Okay, it's time to wrap this up, Like if you have add yeah, maybe I don't know. I just was like because she literally performed for two and a half hours, which was so impressive beyond yes, but I was just like, I don't know. After a while, I'm like, Okay, I've had enough. And it's crazy because like on Instagram, I can sit at home and I can watch clips on Instagram over and over and over again. I love seeing her different outfits that she wears to like different cities and stuff. Killing. Yeah, I love to watch it. I think I would actually prefer to watch that show when they get all the footage compiled on the special that she's going to release on Netflix or something million dollars. Yeah, like would I think I would enjoy that more because I actually think about the Beyonce concert that for me is the all time best Beyonce concert I've ever seen, which was when which was not in person, it was the even though I've been to like six of them. Okay, I've been to like six Beyonce shows, whether Beyonce or jay Z on the Run, all that her Coachella Homecoming performance was like insane. That was everything, Okay, and then so watching Beyonce now Renaissance tour. Granted she's getting older, they say maybe she's had a foot surgery or something. She definitely did not give as much as she has in the past. That's how you felt, Yes, I felt like her energy was just like I felt like she was kind of just going through the motions. Okay, I didn't. That's that's just that's that's how I felt. Okay, But like I said, her voice is amazing, the production is amazing, the wardrobe is amazing, the attire, the dancers, the singers, the everyone is amazing. So I'm not trying to take anything away. I just feel like I've seen Beyonce better before.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jesselle's gonna say, I.
Speaker 1: Know clearly you have a different.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, were you done? I don't want to cut you all.
Speaker 1: So to say, should I have postponed Carters like hindsight? Okay, now, knowing what Carter's going like with the surgery entailed and the recovery and all of that, it probably would have been better to get it out of the way earlier. Rob the other of the year. Yes, it would have been better to get it out of the way earlier sooner. But I know if I didn't go, I would have had fomo. Yes, so so my fomo maybe would have been weighing on me to the point where I couldn't live anymore. So we're gonna get back to Carter in a second.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, very shortly, yeah, and I totally disagree with everything Robin just said. Okay, I would and I was the show that it poured down rainy, yes.
Speaker 1: I know. We didn't even talk.
Speaker 2: So when we came my bestie and we're in the car and it's pouring down rain getting there, we parked and it's not raining anymore, and we're like, yes, it's not raining.
Speaker 1: So I was like good.
Speaker 2: I had like a cute little ponytail. I had my little outfit on. I was so cute. And then we walked ten steps and it poured down rain to get Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So we had ponchos. Okay, I had brought.
Speaker 2: Ponchos just in case put those on.
Speaker 1: Did you go back to the car once it started.
Speaker 2: No, my poncho was in my no, because we had to get in there because we waited as long as we could before we like really need to go, which good thing we did because once it started raining, everybody that was in there they made an announcement to go to their cars because it was lightning, right, and they were just like in there waiting. So those people leave, yeah, and then they're trying to get back in right with people that are new like me. And it was the whole ticket thing. Yeah, and my tickets were on the floor. Apparently you can't come on the floor unless you get an arm, a wristbande the place to go to get the risk.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh was a disaster. Oh I'm sure.
Speaker 2: It was people put shouldn't shoving, going nuts because it was people coming in, people going out. It was a mess. So and everybody was saying, you know, Beyonce would never do this to us, she would never do this to us, as if they know Beyonce very strange. So we got our wristband, We got down there and and we waited. Yeah, so it got to be nine forty five and I was like, this shows because it's it's too much of a hazard. Every time that they would like sweep off the stage. Yeah, it poured down, so finally I think by the way.
Speaker 1: She started at nine for my show the night before and I knew that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like nine forty five, still no Beyonce. So finally it was like ten o'clock and they was.
Speaker 1: Like, show will start. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That thing came out and I can tell she was kind of like angrier because she was probably like, if we was gonna wait, we should have just started at nine, right, right, right, But anyway, she came out in the rain and that wig was tight.
Speaker 1: On her head.
Speaker 2: Okay, that hair was tight, and she whatever whatever, whoever her stylist is, they put the right.
Speaker 1: Wig on that. Neil is his name, yes, Neil.
Speaker 2: Who was so funny. Did you see when Tina stole Neil and her makeup guy. There's a if you go to Tina Beyonce's mom's Instagram, there's a video and it's just her face and she was like, I stole somebody's glam and they're supposed to be with Beyonce right now, they with me, they getting me together, and then she pans out and it's Neil and I can't remember the other anyway, I think that and no one moved, no one laughed, no one moved in and we did the damn thing. I two stepped, I broke it down, I brought it back up. I did the whole thing. And she was phenomenal. Like I think Beyonce is a freak of nature and she's phenomenal. I agree, yes, And so I enjoyed the two and a half hours she was on stage robbing.
Speaker 1: I agree. I just I don't know. I think for me, yeah, I'm not part of the beehive. Clearly, well i'm not. Is this an official thing? I mean, you can officially be a part of high but then I need you can proclaim to be a part of the proclaimed.
Speaker 2: I think that she is. She is the best of the best, and I think, yes, there's no one that does it better than me.
Speaker 1: And I agree with that, no one. I agree with that one thousand percent. I just want to see her for an hour and a half. I could have seen her from from my couch listen and then and then.
Speaker 2: The people around me, they were talking to me. They were like, so this is your first time seeing her and I'm like, no, I've seen her a million times. They're like, no, for this Renaissance shop. They were like, this is our fifth show. I was like, now, now, y'all, now, y'all getting carid. You were doing way too much, y'all getting real carried away. You're doing way too much. Yes, and these tickets are not cheap that.
Speaker 1: Hell no, okay, wait, So so I took my mom. So I took the boys and I took my mom. Mom was supposed to go, but he had to go to California for a basketball camp until his flight coming back was delayed, so he got in a little too late for us to like make for him to make the concert. So I my mom will stand by. So she came. So, and my mom is like seventy four. She's not a Beyonce fan, you know what I mean. She knows people are, but like you know, she's not into Beyonce or anything. So after the show, I asked her, I said, how would you think? How'd you like the show? Was it what you expected or more what you expected or what? She said? She said, yeah, it was. It was good. And my mom is like super like everything to her is it's okay, it's okay. Like she's like super like laid back. So so she said, yeah, it was, it was great. It was good. She said, I just wish I knew the words because everything was fucked fuck fun. No exactly. I'm like, really, that's what you gathered from a Beyonce show. Oh my gosh, what would you get from like a Drake show or a Little Baby show, which, by the way, I'm going to I'm taking my kids to Little Baby.
Speaker 2: But Little Baby is good, I hope. So no, Little Baby is really good. Yeah yeah, and he's inspiring. Oh good, yes, okay, we hope you need to watch the documentary by the way, that's on one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh it's yeah, perfect, Okay, so we're gonna we're going to a Little Baby and September fourth or whatever Labor Day weekend anyway, So like I'm like, really, mom, that's what you Her takeaway from the Beyonce show is all I heard was okay, we get right right, I wrap this up. But let me tell you about my mom. Yeah, so my I talked to my mom.
Speaker 2: The other day and she was like, oh, just I forgot to tell you something. I'm like, what She was like, I have an idea for Robin, you know, because rob because she thinks you're you're not an idiot, she thinks you're and she thinks.
Speaker 1: She think you are. She thinks you're a mess. Okay. So she was like, she was like, I know what Robin needs.
Speaker 2: I said, what does she need? She needs a funnel so she can pete in the funnel. Oh, I I it, and then that will go okay. So a couple of episodes ago, guys, Robin was at the park with her husband and kids and she had to pee and she didn't want to go in the bathroom, so they came up with the Robin came up the bright idea to pee and a little the whole of a bottle of water.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, somebody was like, why are you drinking designy Well that's all they had at the park. Okay.
Speaker 2: So my mother was like, I don't know why, Robin, grown woman, Robin thinks that her stream is going to perfectly hit the small hole on the design bat.
Speaker 1: I have a confession. I have to tell you more to that. But so my mother was like, I have got it. Robin needs a funnel so she can pee freely wherever she be, she said.
Speaker 2: And by the way, y'all need to be selling the funnel and allow it to be collapsible. And he's coming pink and it needs to come in red and y'all can sell it. So that's that's gonna be on our website next month and red funnel.
Speaker 1: So someone actually email me or dm me and told me about like on Amazon, you can buy these disposable urinal bags a bag the O their bags, but they're like they're bags, they're slanted. Men or women can use it and then they seal up real good. And so what do you like put that all over your vagina? Yeah, yeah, pretty much, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I bought them and they're in the back of my car.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, they are because it's because it's crazy, like I have all mails and so if we're ever in the car for a long time, they're just like can you pull over?
Speaker 1: And like we're pulling over the side of the highway so they can pee, And I'm like, that's not fair.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So you want it to be fair, So you bought your Okay, So yes, we're gonna get funnels though we're selling our phone.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I do have a confession to make.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So when I had that idea to this is gonna be a little TMI as well. Okay, okay, when I had that, I well, when Waan said, you know, pee in a bottle, he wasn't thinking designing bottle. I pen designing battle. When I decided to pee in the designing bottle, I thought I could do it because I actually did not know where my pee came out from. Okay, Angela door and Grace, Yes, I thought my pee came out from my clitterists. I didn't know that there's like another hole in our our What is happening right now? How old are you? Forty four? I thought my pee came out of my clitorism. I didn't know that there was like a whole nother hole for your your re throat. Well, okay, what what you are? What? So then I had to like google the anatomy of a vagina, and I was floored when I actually saw that the hole was like not but you.
Speaker 2: Know, the there's no hole in your glitterings? What kind of clitorist do you have?
Speaker 1: Mine? Is not? Holy? Okay, I know, I don't know. I really don't know how Okay, we're leaving, guys, this episode's over.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody do some anatomy googling just a case.
Speaker 1: And Wama's like, how did you not know that? I'm like, well, you see it because you're like down there. But I'm like, I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: I've never liked Okay, I don't know when there comes out, it's not doing a doctor doctor where he's not doing that.
Speaker 1: He's not. But I guess I don't know. I guess you could see enough to know that, Like there's a whole separate hole for your pe to come out of, and it's not coming out of your clitterists. Okay, So as your mom, yes, I'm an idiot. As your mom said, Rob's an idiot, she didn't say idiot, she just said, oh, Rob was so special. I think she said special. I'm special. I'm special. I'm an idiot. I'm all over the place. I'm a mad she thinks he comes out of your clitorists. Okay.
Speaker 2: And on that note, guys, we love y'all. I'll never forget Carter. Next episode we're gonna talk about Carter. Don't never forget to live your life either. Reasonable Let's shady, Bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio, app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably shady