Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere and a happy Sunday. It's our football Sunday, National football and baseball playoff action continuing today The Fifth Hour with me Ben Maller and Danny g Radio as we're here for you every day. We both have regular radio games during the week and then we come in here on the weekend and just keep talking and talking and talking.
Speaker 3: This is the pre game to the pre game.
Speaker 1: Well, actually this is a companion today because I'm looking here the Jets.
Speaker 4: Well you're right, there's a game on right now, the Jets and the Vikings. Uh London, Oh what am I doing? I'm going to sign off right now. I'm gonna go watch football.
Speaker 1: Why why are we been here? The great thing about watching these games in London is you see it's like a fan fest. There's people that show up, but it's not. There are Jets fans and Viking fans, but it appears there's a lot of people that are just wearing random jerseys from like the Jaguars or who you know, the teams that have been there in the past that aren't like, it's just weird. It's a weird vibe there. It's not your normal obviously it's not. It's in London, but just the crowd yet and it's I know in the past. I don't know if it's still the case. They really marketed these London games to the ex pats that live abroad, right, a lot of military ex military that are living in Europe and they're trying to get them to come to the games. But yeah, so that's that's Sam Darnold Revenge game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know somebody in attendance right now, is that right?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Our boss Scott is a huge Vikings fan.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: He told me and Covino and Rich that he made a really good strategic plan a few months back. Him and somebody's got tickets for this game in advance. And he said, even though everybody was you know, predicting the Vikings were going to have a really tough season and that they were rebuilding, he decided to go ahead and schedule the trip. Now, how excited is he with the early success of the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of two undefeated him. So you're saying I should maybe text him right now and say, hey, Scott, I got something really important. You got to call me back right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, make sure make sure that you both email and text asap.
Speaker 3: Work emergency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very important. So we're obviously not gonna watch much of that game because of you. We'll go do whatever.
Speaker 3: But this is the pre game to all the other games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I handicapped all these games with the TV show that the games that I circled, not that I'm not going to try to watch a little bit of every game, but the ones in the early window, this one PM window that I that have my interest are Ravens, Bengals, Bill's Texans, Commander's Browns. Also, those are like the three that I really want to focus in on see if Jad and Daniels can do it again against they dinged up Browns defense, who you just saw last week all their injuries, and the Bills. This is an early point of demarcation game. They got absolutely roasted by the Ravens, and they didn't really beat anybody good, even though they were three and ozero to begin the year. You know, like the Dolphin. They beat the Dolphins, that was their big win. But the Dolphins they didn't have you two got hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so saying that was kind of a food Gaysey three and zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they played the Cardinals, who are not a playoff team. They play Jacksonville is not a playoff team, so this is more of a test. But the Texans haven't been all that impressive. They're also three in one, but they've not had the wow factor. So there's that. And then at the Bengal raven game, as I said on the TV show, which you can still watch if you're listening early here on Sunday, Benny versus depending on Peacock, as we talked about on the TV show, like this is a chance for the Bengals to scratch and claw and get back up into the race because they would have the same record as the Ravens. I already eliminated the Bengals, but if they can win this game get to two and three, the Ravens will be two and three, and you got a little bit alike. The Steelers lost last week, and the Steelers they played a night in the Sunday night came with the Cowboys, which will be the most watched game and all that. But so those are the games early that I'm looking forward to. I will not be the Ram game today. I will just be watching. I will be watching the Rams defense is so bad. I think the Packers are already up fourteen to nothing. It starts hours later from now. So there is that. But the mail bag. Let's start with the mail bag, and that means Ohio.
Speaker 3: Al it's.
Speaker 1: This mail bag, thank you very much, Ohio. These are actual letters by actual consumers of the podcast who have taken time out of their lives to correspond with us, and they send their messages into a special email address that we have just for this podcast that we only look at or podcast related content, and it is the email. I just Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth hourgmail dot com. Carl from New Mexico. Okay, I guess he's representing the entire state, right, Sady says, Ben and Danny enjoy the pod. How come some guys get upset when Ben, you're doing the love segment with Lareda on the show. Are people really upset or are they just pretending? Carl? I don't know. All I know is there's a lot of faux outrage on social media. And I will normally say I don't know if I said it this week, but if you listen, Carl, and you listening who's not named Carl, I will normally say, if you like this bit, we do it every week at this time. If you don't like it, it's only one segment of the show once a week. You can't put up with one segment of the show once a week, like what is wrong with you? But I do get a kicked Danny out of the the sporty mob I call them, you know, that category of listener, and that's like, well, you should not be talking about anything. Although the meet and the titles sports. What's wrong with you? Shame on?
Speaker 3: You said?
Speaker 4: I feel like that crowd has shrunk a little bit since we've been doing sports talk radio.
Speaker 1: I would like to think that's the case, but I still hear from them every now and again. So I don't know what to tell you on that one, Carl, But thank you for listening to the podcast, appreciate that William writes in from parts unknown, and he says, hey, Ben and Danny, as a person who has been homeless and has been on I think he meant crystal meth here, although he said something else. Maybe that's some drug I've never heard of. In and out of jail, never prison. I've lived through a lot and faced a lot of consequences for my actions through life. Have a job on my own place. Not good for you, William, good job. You were a big part of this journey, at least since Genie in Medford was alive, because that's when I found you. I'm a doctor. See Genie was a doctor, William. I have a satin nightgown on. Yeah, and she had her satin nightgown on. So thank you, he says, for showing up and showing out day in and day out. First off, get to the question, please, yes exactly, William, you dow listen. You know you know my shtick, he says. Okay, how do you know where the line is between helping, enabling or getting out of the situation? Yeah, well, I don't know, William. Every situation is unique. I mean, I've tried to help friends of mine that have have issues. But normally, what I've experienced is if you force too much, Danny, they push back and it's not going to work. It's like there's that sweet spot where you can maybe get them at the right time when they're a little sober and they're willing to listen. But it's and it's difficult. I've had friends that have lost relationships with friends or relatives because of substance abuse and trying to get them sober, trying to do an intervention and it doesn't work out. So, yeah, I think you're handing money to somebody, and that's always to me, that's something you help them out. But once you start handing money to them and then if they're not showing progress, like what are you doing, you're enabling them At that point.
Speaker 4: That was my mom's thing because we had a couple of family members going through it when I was a kid, and I remember her saying, I will help with shelter, I will help with food, but I will not give them cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because not cash will disappear, disappear. But William, congratulations on turning your life around. That's awesome, and of course, as they say, William, but If you don't turn your life around, you don't have a life. That's it, right, I mean you're in that game with all those drugs and stuff, and there's really only one path otherwise it's game over. Rich in New Jersey rights in. I don't know if that's northern or southern New Jersey. He says, Ben. Did you feel the smile in Marcel's body when you called him the voice of Brooklyn or was that just me? I don't know that I felt it, but it did seem like Marcel was very happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I randomly just tossed out voice of Brooklyn and Marcel beamed. You just lit up. You tell he was very happy with that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's now on his dating profile. Yeah, he's picking up the ladies with that. I'm sure there is Marcel the Voice of Brooklyn. Yes, yes, Voice of Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I'll always remember the first call from Marcel when he wanted to talk about this Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson, and I said, why you're in Brooklyn, why do you want to talk about this? I am a Seahawks ambassador. Okay that I appreciate that. Have another Ken writes in all did not say his location. Bad job you guys, if you're going to send an email, does say where you are so I can say that anyway. He says, I think we need more of the voice of Brooklyn. Are here we going in where he creeds old news events or just more of him?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, well we don't. We don't ban When Marcel calls, he gets on the air. He usually calls the last hour, typically Monday, Wednesday, sometimes on Friday, and that's that. So we put him on. Yeah. And the funniest thing we've talked about that before is the funny thing Marcel did was when he broke the Titanic story on the air that the Titanic had hit an Iceberg and nobody else radio.
Speaker 3: That was great. I was there for that.
Speaker 1: You were using Morse code. Yeah, And even then Marcel he delivered it with such gusto. But part of him was like, this might not be true, but he still delivered it with a lot of gusto.
Speaker 4: You know, when he did that, I was actually on my drive in to do the Clay Travis Show, and I heard that live on the air during my drive on the freeway and was laughing so hard behind the wheel. It was outstanding, outstanding, felt like me and I could have had like a news station on or some No. I just keep Fox Sports Radio on while I drive and I even get breaking world news stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, next one on the mail bag. These are actual letters by actual listeners. Pink writes in says, guy, guys, I know you like Costco. Have you tried the new meatball marinera at Costco? So this is apparently one of those ready to make you know how you can buy like the chicken, the rotisserie chicken.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in that that I have not so they.
Speaker 3: Just give you a bag of pre made meatballs and sauce.
Speaker 1: No, he said, he said, it appears it's got the bread. There's cheese wrapped around the meatballs that are pre made with little cheese on top of that. So I guess you put this thing in the oven.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, got it.
Speaker 1: Bake. It's at his store. It's five nine beef and pork meatball. It's got ground pork, ground beef marinera, parmesan cheese. I mean it looks good. I guess it just depends how you cook it, right, like any of those things, It's like you might come out pretty. It looks pretty big too. Anyway, I'm not said, but if you have it, let me know, let us no send us an email, let us know. I assume you had it, but you didn't say you had it in this email. I guess you just wanted to have us say your name on the ear bury in South Carolina rights in and says yo, Yo, Ma, Benny and Danny. What natural disaster hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, tornado, wildfire, flash, flood, ETCA scares you the most? So I'll go first. I've lived through earthquakes, I've lived through wildfires. I gotta go tsunami. Watching that video from the Big tsunami, I think it was in Japan a couple of years back, many years now. That is just you're done.
Speaker 4: I would have to agree with you because I lived twelve miles away from Malibu, Malibu small mountain range and the mountains aren't even that tall, and that's what's separating where I live, next to the one on one Freeway and Malibu. If there was a tsunami, there'd be nowhere for me to go. I would just have have to hold my nose and put my scuba fens on.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's done.
Speaker 1: You see the veracity of the tsunami and everything is just done. It's just wild. I've not been in a hurricane, so but at least you can prepare for that, so you know tornadoes. I've not been in North flash flood. But soon out of that, Barry, it was very nice. I met Barry at the Charleston meet and read he remember used to be in Nashville back in the day. But yeah, I'd go tsunami. Next up is Mike from the Tranquilt Lounge in Fullerton. He says, hey, Ben and Danny G. I was going to reapologize to Danny G after his raiders took down the creepy quarterback led Browns, but then DeVante Adams demanded a trade out of there. I think your guy, Antonio Pearce is screwed for sure. Now what's your guys go to drink when you need a caffeine fix? Tea, coffee, energy drinks, or soda pop? So I don't drink coffee. I don't really drink tea unless I have a voice issue. I don't really do energy drinks, So I take you a caffeine supplement is what I do. Sometimes my wife on the weekend, she'll go to Starbucks and spend you know, eight dollars for a drink that she costs about a dollar fifty or two dollars, And then I'll get dragged into that. We'll all like, She'll buy me like one of those powered tea things. I don't even know what they are, but the a gavi something something, lemonade something, and I don't even know what. It tastes good because then put a lot of sugar in it, and they put caffeine in it. But Danny, what do you go to on that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I usually go into the restroom and I power slap myself.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I recommend that doctors recommended have started on the right side. Which side is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta do. You got to do both sides to really wake up. You know, I'm not I'm not a regular coffee drinker, so coffee still works. And what I mean is the crackheads you see in line every day at Starbucks, they are crackheads and the coffee just doesn't have the same effect on their body, so they need more and more of it. I take days off with coffee. So with that, when I actually drink it, It'll wake my butt up. So like that trip to Vegas last weekend, I definitely was drinking coffee along the route so that i'd be alert at the wheel. So, yeah, coffee would be my go to. But I do the sugar free coffee.
Speaker 1: Just black coffee. That's it. This is just the no I'd.
Speaker 3: Do, like a sugar free vanilla latte. Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike, the member of the Chamber of Commerce of Fullerton alf from the Blue tent rites In says Ben. Since you're not one to wear shoes off, and this question is probably better suited for Danny g have you ever gotten a sliver, slash, splinter in your shoe or your sock? As someone who stands all day at work and is constantly moving wooden palletts, It's something that happened to me more than a handful of times. Does it happened to you, Danny? I've gotten splinters too, But is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the old Muhammad Ali quote? But I'll let you let you yap.
Speaker 4: You ever had a metallic sliver, like a little piece of metal that sucks? I've had that before when I was a kid during a summer break. I worked part time at an auto parts warehouse. So I worked part time for a radio station, and then I worked part time for the auto parts warehouse. And let me tell you, when I was at the auto parts warehouse, I'd be daydreaming about my radio station job the whole time because that was some heavy lifting man. And yeah, there would be days where I would get you something in my foot like that, and it was not fun. It's weird too, because something so small, it's kind of like a paper cut. How can something so small cause so much pain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. And here I found the quote. This is one of the great Muhammad Ali quotes from his time. He said, it isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out, it's the pebble in your shoe. And sure, if you don't have a pebble in your shoe and you're climbing the mountain and you're training for a fight, you're okay, right, You're probably fine. But if you have a little crappy pebble too, and then that will cause all kinds of agony. It's like the line of these little things are grain of mustard seed is capable of developing into a very tall thing. Of mustard. But from the pain standpoint, the little, just a little thing gets stuck. And that's one of the reasons I don't like to wear shoes out because I don't have to worry about that as much. With my sandals, I don't to worry about. I'm in good shape.
Speaker 3: On that Ben and his Bram's crocs.
Speaker 1: How dare you Let's see who's next Cincinnati Tommy Wright Sam on the mail bag. He says, Hey, Benny and Danny, g greetings from Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: Way.
Speaker 1: Yea Pete checking out this week our ip big radio guy, Pete Rose worked with the late Joe McDonald and also our guy JT. The Brick. They did the Pete Rose Radio Show, and I've talked about the fact this week we did memorial to Pete and right across the street when Fox Sports Radio started, there was an Italian restaurant that was pretty famous in the valley and that was Pete's favorite Italian restaurant. That's he lived in la and Pete would be there four or five days a week, right across the street every day, same time, having lunch, hanging out with a bunch of old baseball players, usually old Dodgers, that also lived.
Speaker 3: In a and and mister T who had spot over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw Mark Patrick, our old morning guy, MPOs, Mark Track, Mount Mark Patrick on sports You're in the Big Chair. I saw Mark post he's retired now. He posted on social media a photo that he took with Pete Rose at that Italian restaurant, and Ron Say was there with Pete. They were chowing down. And Pete moved to Vegas probably two years after Fox Sports Radio started just to sign autographs all the time at like I don't know Caesar's Palace or whatever and so. But yeah, I mean Pete was quite the quite the character I heard. Al Michaels told the story this week. The reason Pete kept lying about the gambling is he when he first got in some trouble, he I guess he had talked to the top lawyer in Cincinnati, and the guy said, whatever you do, Pete, never ever admit that you did this. Even though you did, never admit it. And Pete, because he paid a lot of money for that legal advice, he just kept Now you kep going with that. Although there was a guy that called up this week that used to live in Cincinnati and he worked at a Bob Evans and the guy calls up the knight. Pete Rose dies and says, uh, yeah you. Pete came in a couple of times he wouldn't pay for the food. He said, Hey, I don't pay for food on Pete Rose. I don't pay for food here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna I'm going to go to my hometown of rialto California and give that a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just say, don't. I don't pay dude.
Speaker 4: Don't you know who I'm not. I work with the great Ben Mallor. I don't pay for food.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about next? Let's see who do we have? Well, Tommy, I guess I didn't even read the rest of the email, He says, curious about the introduction to your wives, parents, any remarkable memories. Also, please extend my apologies to the Raina for my last regarding her hiring without sports knowledge. She's still clueless but kind of grows on you. Very nice, Tommy. That's a backhanded compliment. So yeah, I've told the surfer for But I was like freaking out. My mom was like the most important thing. I was very nervous to have my my now wife meet my mom, and so I was. I was like growing up, I had stomach pain. It was like a big deal. My mom didn't approve. I had to get rid of you know, I had a dumper, you know, mom. Mom's approval meant everything, and so did that. As far as like meeting her parents, it was pretty pretty chill, pretty mellows casual. I didn't really get all that worked up, and she didn't seem to care either.
Speaker 3: So what about you, Danny, Yeah, it went smooth.
Speaker 4: You know, they always say to talk sports with your father in law. That's the one easy topic that you could hobnob. Unfortunately, I meet my better half's dad and he's just like a surfer dude. He still surfs and he doesn't watch sports though.
Speaker 3: He's like, what game?
Speaker 4: Even when we were talking about the super Bowl back in February, he's like, when's the super Bowl? Clueless when it comes to the sports we are so passionate about. But if it's anything with outdoors, like camping, he's an outdoorsy guy. Go oh, am I going to talk with this guy about I don't know shit about camping. But other than that, I mean, he's a nice guy. So it wasn't that hard. If the problem is if somebody's an asshole, you know, then you have a big problem where you could tell they don't like you, then you're in for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember my my grand my mom's dad from the Old Country. I feel bad for my brother. He died before I got married. But my brother had to introduce his now wife to my my grandfather, and I heard stories that it did not go so well. That he was from the old Country. He asked a bunch of questions and he didn't necessarily like some of the answers that he heard. So it's I think people today are more generally more mellow, unless you.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, I think back in the day it was more of like an interview process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. For sure Steve from Oregon Rights and he says, hey, Will Smith. This week there was a report he unleashed a fart on the Men in Black set that shut down filming for three hours. Do you have a relatable story, guys, says Steve in Oregon. I saw that headline. I didn't read the story. Why wouldn't it have shut down the set for three hours? Did he have to did you have to change his diaper?
Speaker 3: Was it was it a COVID fart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it makes no sense that maybe they just decided to go to lunch or something like that. Sounds like he already ate lunch. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know what to tell you. It's very bizarre. So but it's our story. I don't I mean, I eat a lot of garlic during the week, and sometimes I'll have I will have issues, but I'm in a room by myself at the studio, so I don't usually have to worry about that, and it's not too bad.
Speaker 4: Has anybody ever walked into your studio with bad timing though, where you're like, oh, that wasn't the time I wanted somebody to walk in.
Speaker 1: There have been times in the transition, like at the end of the show, I might, you know, let let one rip there and then not not realizing, well, I got to leave the studio in like five minutes, and then the other show will come in.
Speaker 4: And yeah, if you've not been in our studio some of our few of our listeners have been.
Speaker 3: But they sealed. The doors have the seal around them, so.
Speaker 1: They're bank doors.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so you're sealed into these little rooms.
Speaker 1: And you have to wait for the air conditioning to work. But then there's also the problem occasionally the skunks get in the air conditioning and then it just stays there.
Speaker 4: And it's just that should always be your go to in your studio, Ben, if there's ever bad timing, just be like, man, those skunks they're up there in the ceiling again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it must be the skunks. That's gotta be. Yeah. Well, as always seems to that. But we did not have time to get to pop Goo's the culture, but there were some good stories there.
Speaker 3: Give us one of the stories.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a couple. Do you see the scientists claim they figured out why have you ever seen those videos on the internet of like octopus punching fish? Very bizarre, right, why would the octopus do that?
Speaker 3: I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so the scientists claim this would be when's animal Thundernome coming. By the way, do we know when that's coming?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty seven?
Speaker 1: Your son will be forty old anyway.
Speaker 3: Soha, we'll be doing the mixing on the project.
Speaker 1: Yes, he doesn't know that yet, but sure they determined that. And if you haven't seen this, when the fish are getting out of line, they're trying to eat more food than they're supposed to eat. The octopus is like the guardian, like the bully of the ocean for the fish. And if the fish overstep what they're supposed to eat, the octopus, the leader octopus, according to the researchers, will tap or punch the fish to get them to stop eating. But this is always weird to me because I've never really seen a fat fish. I've gone snorkeling a bunch in Hawaii and in Catalina here in California coast, and they all seem to weigh exactly the same. They're all none are bigger than the other. It's fascinating to me that they all eat they know exactly. I always thought they knew exactly how much to eat. But according to this, some of the fish are are heifer's and just absolute pigs. They're all he's fish and the octopus has to keep them in shape.
Speaker 4: And how is that possible? Because swimming, as you know, you're exhausted after a good swim, it's a full body workout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can eat.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want. Speaking of animals, that did you see the guy said he's ruined after cloning a giant hybrid sheep. He used testicles. He did this so people could hunt the giant sheep and Montana Montana Mountain King is the nickname the guy. He was sentenced to jail. Guys eighty one years old. Imagine that you're in your eighties. This dude eighty one years old, he's facing the music. He illegally used sheep tissue and testicles to breed hybrid sheep for trophy hunting in Texas and Minnesota. Arthur Jack of Montana. Are they called Jack? I guess Jack is Arthur, but he goes by the name Jack. He's facing five years in jail and a fine of up to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, But it looks like he's going to get a year of probation, so I guess he's not gonna get too much time. His lawyer claimed the cloning caper was wrecked, has wrecked his client's life, reputation, and family. But in the memo, the sensing memo, there was actually the tip of the hat to this guy for pulling off the cloning of the endangered Marco Polo sheep. The animal has been seized by Fish and Wildlife services, but that's pretty pull that off without I mean, the guy must be a scientist, but that's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. So but in the end they're like, can he clone some more? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the memo said Jack did something no one else could do or ever has done. On a ranch, in a barn in Montana, he created Mountain Mountain King m m K, an extraordinary animal born of science and from a man who, if he could rewrite history, would have left the challenge of cloning to a Marco Polo. Only to the imagination. Uh wow, And he mentioned in the memo Jurassic Park, I wonder I did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where's this wooly mammoth We've been hearing about for years?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that story comes out. Well this this week we had well, we had a NeSSI has finally been found. And Bigfoot? See that the photos from Oklahoma that respot I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so there's that.
Speaker 1: I also saw there's a there was a mutant cow that was born on a farm in Kentucky with two heads one in four hundred million one? Are they still gonna kill it? Are they gonna They're gonna they back of the old days. They'd take it to the freak show on the road.
Speaker 3: Right, pretty sure it's just a double double.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at a photo. It appears they all they did kill it, so it does appear the animal was dead. So yeah, anyway, all right, we'll get out on that Danny's Sunday. I'll be yeah, yeah, all in some of these baseball games and then tonight back back again. It's just some talk radio overnight.
Speaker 4: Well, the Raiders are in Denver. Yeah, competitive but winnable game. And you know, for anybody that is part of the Sky is Falling crowd with the DeVante Adams stuff. Well, the Raiders offense looked pretty good last weekend without them because it gave the youngsters a chance. DJ Turner and Tucker is a speedster for the Raiders. Your boy, your boy, Jacobe Myers. Yeah, behind a better O line. And last weekend we talked about out powers Johnson and DJ Glaize who got some of the game balls there in the locker room because that O line finally opened some holes for the running game. And then Jacoby Myers as the number one wide receiver had a brilliant game. They actually have some talent at the wide receiver position. Davante Adams leaving if he does or when he does, is not going to exactly be the end of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's going to be thirty two at the end of or sometime in November, I think, or December's birthday's coming up. So by the time the Raiders are are really good, if they ever get really good in the near future, Davante is going to be doing a podcast somewhere. He's not going to be he's not going to be playing in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. How about your Rams.
Speaker 1: Ram it all day, you can ram it all night, but you can't apparently tackle if you wear a Rams uniform. Those defense I thought they'd be I was mistaken. I thought they'd be all right. They drafted some young guys their secondary, and they had a couple of injuries in the secondary, and the guys that are playing it looks like either they they're washed up, there has beens or never was, and the guys that they have out there, it's just depressing. It's depressing, depressing, depressing, because the offense, even with all the injuries, is still good enough where they should be a playoff team. But they I mean, this is a game this week Packers. That's a game that you go either way. It's a three point line. You win that game. You got a little bit of mojo back. Do I think they're going to win the game today? Probably not the way their defense is playing. I show how you. I still can't believe they beat the forty nine ers. And I was at that game and I watched it. I still can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Just ram it.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, I have a wonderful Sunday. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: Austa Pasta got a murder. I gotta go.