Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a.
Speaker 3: Look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel in a morning where we're seeing some earnings revisions from Peiser. Valerie walk us through them. What are you seeing?
Speaker 1: Pars are reacting negatively to this update. They're down seven tenths of a percent in pre market trade. This comes ahead of an investor call that Peiser is holding, so they are updating where they see their guidance for next year twenty twenty six revenue guidance. They've lowered that range and now the midpoint of that range is below Wall Street consensus estimates for that year. So they see twenty twenty six revenue from fifty nine and a half billion to sixty two and a half billion. Estimate was for sixty one point three billion. Now, Pfizer is also made some comments after that that maybe a bit more welcome by the market. They're talking about how they're going to deliver some cost savings a bit more ahead of schedule, wanting to deliver a majority of their cost savings that they've pledged now by twenty twenty six. But Pfizer has been under a lot of attention recently. They've been, I guess, struggling to manage the decline after its COVID nineteen product revenue helped the stock hit a peak back in the COVID era. They have recently acquired some new assets in the obesity space. I think that's one avenue of excitement for investors. But the stock is trading flat on the year, and we're in the red in the pre market, down one percent.
Speaker 3: And of course we got those revisions from Ford Motor Company when it comes to the hit they're going to take from the EV struggles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and investors reacting positively to this strategy change. So Ford shares are higher by one point six percent. Comes after they announced a near twenty billion charge related to a sweeping unwind of its electric vehicle program, essentially acknowledge it was going down to dead end with these large format evs. They're now pivoting towards more hybrid vehicles. A big example of this is its decision to cancel its planned electric F series trucks and convert those instead to an extended rade hybrid. Now, Florida expects these moves to make its EV operations profitable by twenty twenty nine, and it also boosted its twenty twenty five guidance off the back of that. So Ford the stock is reacting possibly to this twenty billion charge on this EV program unlined.
Speaker 3: Now we have some stocks moving as well on some new analyst moves. Tell us what's going on with Roku.
Speaker 1: Well, Roku's got a lot of attention recently from the street. The share is higher by four point three percent this morning. The streaming platform another upgrade, this time from Morgan Stanley. Previously Morgan Stanley was concerned about competition in the streaming platform space, but now they're citing its market share. Essentially, it's dominant stratity, it's dominant position within US streaming, giving it a better outlook for its advertising revenue for the year ahead. So Roku more positive commentary and the stock is up over four percent.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, I guess maybe some negative commentary when it comes to European defense giant Ryan Mattal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Ryan Mattal, the whole European defense sector today is in the red. Rye Mattal is down four point six percent, one of the biggest losers in the eurostock six hundred and comes after more positive comments from peace from ending the Russian Ukraine War. Now the German defense company Ryan Mattal. It has been on a back foot since these highs that it's all back in September. It's down around twenty five percent since the end of September. However, many of these defense stocks are still up triple digits year to date. Many of them are in the top ten best forming stocks in twenty twenty five, So maybe a bit of painful trade for a consensus position that is widely held among investors. These long European defense stocks continue. That trade continues to trade in the red.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.