Speaker 1: Does our show some of us just skew foody, It just skew. Excuse me too, excuse excuse food. We like food. We just like it, even if we don't get to taste it, we like talking about it. Yes, So we're a few days into the new year and there's a report. Is this a report that came out ruby? Yes? And how they frame up the report? What is it?
Speaker 2: Basically, you know LA dining trends that we're going to see in twenty twenty four. Some of them may be like carrying over from last year, like LA's Alfresco dining program.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, all right, so let's run this down. So you're going to see this in Los Angeles this year.
Speaker 2: God, definitely. We saw a lot of this during the pandemic and of course last year, and then LA City Council voted unanimously to continue to allow restaurants to convert spaces like sidewalks and parking lots to outdoor eating areas. So we'll definitely see a lot more of that probably this year as well, now that it's officially legal. And then also the rise of grocer dining spots, So think about a smaller market where you can not just get groceries, but you can also get like a small bite to eat, whether it's a sandwich or kind of like a cafe slash. You know, grocery fusion. And some examples of that include Sua Superette En Larchmont, Little Fish in Echo Park, and Carla's in Highland Park, who was actually one of our hometown hustlers. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 1: I do remember. I remember looking at pictures of her store too. She got all that great stuff. Do you say grocer or grocer?
Speaker 2: Grocer?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Name groceries? Grocer groceries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done this before, we have.
Speaker 1: Well we're doing it again, Tony. What do you say? I don't use the term grocer? Okay, what would you just play long for a second if you were to say it, what would you say?
Speaker 2: Grocery?
Speaker 1: And what do you use? Grocery store? No, what do you use? You don't use the term grocer. I don't. I don't even know what a grocer is. Grocery or sre grocery store. You go to the grocer store, grocery, grocery store. I go to the grocery store. I go to the grocery store. So you say grocery, but they say grocer. I mean, I don't refer to someone as a grocer. I'm talking to Carla. I'm talking to the grocer. Never come home inside of my mouth me either. I don't think we've done this before. What else? Ruby's on the list of dining trends for the new year.
Speaker 2: And lastly, Italian food will be a major trend for local dining. Obviously, Italian food is big on it. You know it's it's always been big. But think about places that open last year mostly Italian, like Funky and Beverly Hills and also in Donna's in Echo Park.
Speaker 1: When has Italian food ever gone out? I feel like Italian food is the go to food that everybody can agree on. Absolutely. I saw it was looking at the whatever Los Angeles magazine. Maybe they put up the list of the where they rank all the restaurants. I thought Funky was number one. Yeah, number one on that list.
Speaker 2: Evan Funky Yeah, owns a few different restaurants that are really mother Wolf Felix.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He said, there's a documentary on Mark is it Amazon Prime or Prime? There's a food documentary where he was like struggling in Los Angeles. He's right out of here, struggling in LA. Then he can't open his restaurant, so he disappears. He goes over to Italy and lives with a bunch of Nonah's grandma's and learns how to make one hundred and fifty different kinds of pasta, comes back and opens these places here in LA. That is yes, Prime, It's a good if you like food's a good food documentary. How you impressed, an't you?
Speaker 2: He has impressed.
Speaker 1: You knew where it was streaming, found it on my own. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He also shops locally at a lot of farmers' markets for all the produce and stuff for his restaurants, so I love that as well.