Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mela.
Speaker 2: And it's Wednesday, it's hump Day, and it is the first week of August. Welcome to August, you guys.
Speaker 1: Welcome to August. Wow, this summer is it's almost over, almost over.
Speaker 2: Crazy, I can't believe it. So you guys know that we have been, you know, diving into themes all year and we've been reflecting, We've been sletvering, we've been celibant, we've been tribing, we've been what else, money money, all the manifesting, manifesting, and so I don't know, we've been doing all this work and I've been thinking, and Milam, I've been like, what is August? What is the vibe of August? And I'm feeling like the vibe of August is designing your own life.
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome to design your life, August.
Speaker 2: You know, me and Mila just came back from a trip of Costa Rica, which we'll get into. But I think it's really inspired us to really rethink what our lives look like. And I think we've already been kind of designing our lives in general. But like, I think we're like excited about this new part of the design.
Speaker 1: I think it's when you start to manifest your life and then you start to see it take mold. Then you're like, oh shit, I can really design this motherfucker. Couch goes there, Jack goes there. House in Brooklyn goes there. You know, like a little a new little casito over there, and jungle house over here. So like now it gets into like the specifics of the design. You know what.
Speaker 2: I just had this thought because Irie I've been like making her listen to like just old school, like you know, soul and funk, and there's this Diana Ross song that I fucking love, and like I played it for her and I'm just like gonna be really hurt if she didn't like it, because I fucking love this song. But I forgot about it. And then I recently, like in the last two days, and we're having this conversation just popped into my head. It's called it's my house, and it's like, it's my house and I live it's not house, and she's talking about like designing her house. Like see that table over there, Like I put it there, I put this shit there, I put that there, and I placed that there and everything is perfectly put where the fuck I want it.
Speaker 1: And she was talking about designing her house.
Speaker 2: She is, and she was saying, you really want to come over, you really want to come over, but you're gonna have to show me that you you're not gonna fuck my house up. And when you're thinking about designing your house, you're thinking about the guests too that you're gonna have at your house and who can set at the table. I really you know what, guys, go listen to that song. It's Bomb. I'm gonna put it in the link here. It's Bomb now.
Speaker 1: I gotta listened to it.
Speaker 2: It's really good and I re's been requesting it like this morning. She was like, can we hear like that it's my house.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes we can, but it's true. She was right, and maybe that's our affirmation for the day. My life is my house, and I design it exactly the way I mother fucking see it beautifully.
Speaker 2: Bomb. My life is my house and I designed it exactly the motherfucking way I see it beautifully. Mm hmm amen amen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Costa Rica Inspired designed my life August and what are the.
Speaker 2: Cards gonna say about our August designing life. Ah, let's see, so I pulled the page of cups upright. Creative opportunities, intuitive messages, curiosity, possibility. The page of cups weares a blue tunic with a floral print and a beret on his head with a long flowing scarf. He stands on the shore with the wavy sea behind him, holding a cup in his right hand. Surprising, a fish pops its head out of the cup and looks at the young man. The fish and sea behind him represent the element of water and all things to do with creativity, intuition, feelings, and emotions. The page of cups suggests a new idea or opportunity has come to you out of the blue. Your creative energy is flowing, and now the question is how will you express it. Will you snap up this new idea and turn it into something, or will you let someone else bring it to fruition. It's up to you. Spend time exploring the idea to see if you want to move forward. I feel like this is like speaking to our possible shift into a network. Possibly. This card often appears when you're being called to trust your intuition and be open to the multitude of intuitive messages coming your way. Look for synchronicities. I'm when to start using that word and signs from nature that will guide you on your path. They may come from an unexpected places, or they may not even make sense to your rational mind. Be open to the possibility and ready to discover new aspects of yourself. Page of cups can indicate that you will receive an unexpected or pleasant surprise. The pages are often known as the messenger cards. My God. It says it might be the birth of a baby, relax, an engagement or marriage, a new love interest. Susan said, I'm gonna find love you guys.
Speaker 1: Susan also said that I'm going to have a really good idea in the beginning of August.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait she did.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a lot of pressure on me. Susan.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you guys don't know Susan is. She's a world renowned astrologer, Susan Miller, and I've been following her since like I was thirteen. Go to astrologyzone dot com. This is not an ad. This is just pure love and go reach your horoscope. She does these like monthly horoscopes or they're like nine pages long. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, this is something you missed. Oh and maybe I just didn't hear it needs to be repeated. Open your mind to all possibilities, especially those of a creative or intuitive nature. You will be pleasantly surprised. Be ready to dream the impossible, dream and explore the magic of your fullest potential, even if it seems out of reach. Design your mother fucking life. Okay, now I've biddy said it.
Speaker 2: It must be sure.
Speaker 1: Susan said it, the card said it. I believe it tis the season. Bitches. If it's not working, leave it behind.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen. Oh my god, you guys. Wow, it's been a really long time since we've sat here together alone. So much has happened. You know. Sometimes I'm like, I mean, obviously this is a divine meeting. But one of our friends told Eric on the phone the other day, like, you know, you don't live, like, say, a normal life. It's like, you know, you guys just don't live a normal life. And then Erica told me, and I was like, we don't. The shit that me and Erica get into together, I swear to God, it's the best shit ever. It's almost like God is like, you want content, you want some shit to talk about? How about now? Anyway, A long long time ago, four weeks or so ago, Erica and I decided we were going to take a journey to the jungle.
Speaker 2: And we did, and we did, we did. We journey it did. We drove hours into the deep jungle to be isolated, because that was the goal, like complete isolation. Let's go as far as we can.
Speaker 1: Yes, and who cares how we get there? Even if you spend two thousand dollars in a mental car, go through fourteen farms, three hundred fruit stands, it was all worth it. Transported an ounce of weed in nature's pocket.
Speaker 2: Only to find out that all we had to do was put it in a continer. Yeah, well that's a problem. Shout out to my pussy. True thanks pussy. The major shutdown the whole the whole ounce that Jamila put in Nature's pocket lasted the whole trip, and she was quite worried it wouldn't. But literally the last day we were there, we had enough to take with us in the car to the ride to the airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was perfect.
Speaker 1: It was the perfect amount of pussy weed. So how much weed can your pussy supply? You? Two weeks worth.
Speaker 2: After that, it's on you. Dog.
Speaker 1: My pussy personally can supply about two people for two weeks worth. If all the supermarkets, all the dispensaries go onto some my personal dangerous pocket two weeks impressive. No, we had a really beautiful trip. We flew to Costa Rica. That was gonna that's I almost said for sure, that's my last time flying coach, but fuck it's not. We have two coach flights booked. After those two, I'm done. It was not very comfortable. Fuck was it United? No? Was that Delta?
Speaker 2: It was No, it was United.
Speaker 1: It had but I thought we went to the special check in when we checked in, its Delta. Wow, I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: Wow the airlines are going downhill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if a far. I think Delta brought it in a United plane. It was very, very small. They added a row and there was a regular sized man next to me, and I felt so bad for him because I'm like a below average small woman, and I felt like I was gonna fucking kill myself. So I was just like, God, this is like slave labor. This is not good. Relax, No, coach is not it. I'm not kidding Anyway, we made it to Costa ricad and early at six am. We thought we had thought everything through very well, but we didn't because we arrived at We arrived at six am, but we booked a flight to the other coast at three pm.
Speaker 2: We thought we were going to go explore the city, but then apparently it's not that easy.
Speaker 1: There's nothing really to do in San Jose. I mean, yeah, San Juan, no sand It was just like too.
Speaker 2: Risky to go there. Come back, we're gonna miss Everyone made it seem like it was just don't leave there.
Speaker 1: No, nobody made it seem like it did. Yeh. Trip Advisor said, listen, we didn't do any research until we literally were landed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, first of all, we almost missed the flight. Just so you know, guys, if you ever go to Costa Rica, you need travel insurance. They won't let you board the flight and soil you prove that you have insurance, which we bought the insurance as the flight was born.
Speaker 1: No, we get there, the guy is talking so slow. We're checking in. He's like, oh, yeah, you need it, you need to download this thing. But I'm gonna let you guys go through for right now. And we're just like okay, but he keeps talking and so I'm like it must not be important. He's letting us through whatever. We get to the gate, We're sitting there. This is two bitches that shouldn't travel together because we don't do enough research during COVID or at all. And so we get there and we just start hearing announcements like if you do not have travelers insurance proof, you will not board this flight. I said again, if you think you're gonna get on this flight without travel able to get here and they get mad, The people get here and get mad and they have to go home because they did not get troubling it. I was like, what the so here we're gonna meet and Erica looking at each other, excuse me start did you get travel insurance to go? And he's like, oh yeah, yeah, we got that shit two weeks ago. I'm like, do you mind sharing the link with us because these two dumb bitches didn't do it. We're in there, of course, the airport WiFi is fucking up there, the line is boarding. Me and Erica are sweating because we are.
Speaker 2: Sweating, like and they're supposed to get a QR code that they like they're supposed to message you. It might take a few minutes or maybe hours, who knows, but it finally went through, literally with the last people to board the flight, like we almost didn't even make it.
Speaker 1: To air We're just looking over my shoulder, like look at the lass, like stop, relax, just your fucking yeah. We boarded the flight, only I have a fucking ounce of weed in my pussy. We almost think it off. I'm sweating bullets. Then we get on this tiny ass fucking whack ass low grade delta fucking seating. We take the Red Eye because we're gonna have the whole day there. We get there tired, tired, and for some reason, international and domestic airport is next door to each other, but not like we had to push our big ass fucking huge all of our bags from like neighboring airports, which was not fun at six am, only to get to the smaller airport to be like, are there any other flights that are not at three pm? No? No, And you can't check into this one for about four more hours because it's six am. And then there's like three sad rocking chairs in the airport. So I'm like, we're just sitting on the rocking chairs. I'm like, we can't sit here for eight hours. It's just not realistic. We read trip Advisor. When we got to the airport, everyone's like, don't leave the airport. You're gonna miss your flight. There's nothing to do. And then it's just twenty minutes away there's a mall. There's nothing to do. So we're like, fuck it, let's see if you can get a rental car and just drive. How many hours is it. It's like three and a half hours, right, So we're like, fine, fuck it, we're gonna rent a car and drive. We get the car, we have to like put somebody's credit card up.
Speaker 2: To like six thousand dollars hold on the car. It was just a lot. It was a lot, but we did it.
Speaker 1: We did there. We got in a car. Ic did all that bitching about me bringing weed, and I was like, bitch wants a blunt. Now that a bitch wants a blunt.
Speaker 2: I told you that I will be smoking that weed that I'm just not going to put it in my nature's pocket. I'm gonna let you handle that. You seemed fine with it, so I was like, Okay, what you wanna smoke alone. I knew you weren't going to smoke alone, so I knew that either way, you're gonna be pissed. I was still gonna get that wheat.
Speaker 1: Luckily we had weed for the three and a half hour trip that we It was.
Speaker 2: A beautiful drive.
Speaker 1: It's very jungle.
Speaker 2: We found like we went a night this like which stopped in this tiny town, ate breakfast and then all.
Speaker 1: These delicious fruits. Yeah, we ate at it. It was a school bus converted into highway restaurant. I'm pretty sure I saw the cook try the food with the spoon.
Speaker 2: That's pretty standard.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I guess. Then we drive through farms and backwoods and jungles and they were like, I'm like the GPS, oh God, the GPS says we're almost there, but I don't see any ocean. I don't see any mountains.
Speaker 2: I was like, so before we also went, we researched where like, I don't know how this came up. It was a search was like where do famous people live in Costa Rica? And it was like Juanacoste, Mel Gibson, And I was like, so Mel Gibson lives.
Speaker 1: Where we're going, Like mel Gibson has a house here. I'm like, oh, I say.
Speaker 2: As we're driving getting closer, I'm like, this seems like where mel Gibson would live, Like it seems very mel gibsony. I'm like, yeah, it's getting richer for sure, very rich over here, big mountains, gates I see, like I can't see the houses, but I know they're there. And then it says we've arrived, but we're at an intersection and a farm, and I'm like, where are we from? When we call the airbnb host and she's like, I don't know where the fuck you are, but if you go four miles past the palm tree, make right.
Speaker 1: Should the gas station.
Speaker 2: She's a gas station. It's on the left with a tree next to it, and you make it right, and you go down four miles and.
Speaker 1: Make Then she's like, send me a picture where you're at. It's literally just a farm.
Speaker 2: But we were about an hour and a half from where we're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: We had driven three and a half hours to nowhere, only to have to drive another hour and a half to wherever the fuck we were going because we were not in that place. So yeah, it was about a total of a six hour drive after a six hour flight, after a change of plans from a flight to a car, and but you.
Speaker 2: Know what, when we got to the fucking airbnb, it was so goddamn beautiful that it was all worth it. And so yeah, we stayed in I'm not even gonna say what town we stayed in because I don't want anyone to go, but we stayed in a really small town that no one should know about except us unless you're our friends. And we met like a lot of Canadian people. We met some really cool people. Like what I will say about Costa Rica is that no matter what side of the island it's on island, the country that you're on, there's like real sense of like peace and like community over there, like people want to help you. We met these guys that like didn't know us from a canapaign and like we're fucking assisting us in all all things possible, and I just, I don't know, just the vibe there really made me rethink too, like be appreciative of my tribe, but like how important like community is and out there like you. That's why so many people I think are moving out there too, because you don't get that here people are like like hey you people.
Speaker 1: They're like, how can I help you? What do you need? Yeah, that's true. And it's just quiet and chill and like you saw the same ten people every night. And we took surf lessons for the first time. I mean, it's my first time we stood up on the board. It was we had a really peaceful, chill time. I feel like a grown ass adult for sure. Was a grown up. It was like a very grown up.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like raining. One day, we like ran to a blog. I was like, I feel like Carl Thomas Summer Rain was about to start playing.
Speaker 1: Like and we're about to We're about to go. We just ran out to get wine and then we just hear like this beautiful voice calling us.
Speaker 2: A siren and the.
Speaker 1: Range and we were like about like literally back right at the car and I was like should we go in there? She was like, yeah, yeah we should. We like followed the mystical voice and then met two best friends, two girls. Could ever have Chuck and Simon, Yeah we did. Chuck and Simon were so nice to us and they talked to us.
Speaker 2: And like I danced a little bit, drove the Sirmon home.
Speaker 1: We always drove her home because she needed to ride home and it was raining so she couldn't drive her bike. We looked at property we don't have to do. We went to like a lot of adult dinners. Eric had drugg me one morning with a microdose of mushrooms along with some vitamins, and then I forgot I took them and I was like sweating at breakfast. I'm like, are you feeling weird? She's like, nah, I'm fine. And then I was like, then she gave me mushrooms. You knew it. I forgot, So that was weird. Eric, I got a happy ending.
Speaker 2: I did. It was great.
Speaker 1: And the night after that long drive, long flight, we got a massage and she went, all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Is I look. I share the story on our episode of Horrible Decisions that actually comes out this week. So if you want to hear my massage story, go check out go check us out on Horrible Decisions. But basically, what I have confirmed is that all massages should end in coming. It's not complete unless you came, because it's the ultimate release. Why have I not known this? And I was also I was kind of drunk when it happened, but I couldn't wait to tell someone because I was like, I felt like I had like just fucking discovered gold.
Speaker 1: She thought she was in like the good old boys clubs.
Speaker 2: I did. Actually, I group text a group text that we're on with full of men because I felt like Nicka's been doing this shit forever, Like what now I'm part of the group and now I get it. I understand. I'm like, you, guys, guess what.
Speaker 1: Literally like eleven o'clock at night, Like I guess I just did, like, bitch, relax. Then she comes in like you should do it too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, she was pissed because she's like, I don't want him to touch my pussy. I'm like, he's not going to touch your pussy.
Speaker 1: Relaxed, you should if you've tried, you should let him because oh it was great.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: So it's all drunk and all happy. I'm like, real, Las, it was great.
Speaker 2: It was you know, it was consensual and it was wonderful and I highly recommend.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get them on the bucket list anyway, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a few spots here in the good old Woodland hills that can support your Yeah, the valley is the place. Is the porn massage capital.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'll keep it there.
Speaker 2: Also is that website I can remember what it's called, like reb maps and that for women though just rub maps me. I don't think it's specify for any I'm sure mostly men around red maps, but I'm sure women can go on reb maps too and find local massage parlors that can rub it out for them.
Speaker 1: There's always those sexy massage therapists online. Now, during that all that extra shit.
Speaker 2: You can find a sexy motherfucker on Instagram that will rub it out.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if anyone knows anyone's led in, my dam.
Speaker 2: Pays them for their services. Jamila, my wife tipped him for me.
Speaker 1: I did. I was like, here you go, I'll sleep. I was rocking cass bitch. Anyway. Oh, I turned thirty. I felt very adult. We went to dinner and just chilled and it was very adult, like, very quiet and calm, and there were monkeys and lots of foliage, and it was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Mangoes on the floor, you pick up, you eat them. It's just great.
Speaker 1: I never felt like fruit was so sexual and orgasmic. I mean I did feel that way once in Mexico on acid, but this was confirmed sober that fruit is in fact next to sex yet migraine. It's very orgasmic. And then after that very chill time on the Pacific side for one week, we got back into our rental car and journeyed back to the center of the country so that we could go to the Caribbean side, which we heard that the black people were at, so you know, we had to swing over there. We took a fourteen passenger plane which was very was kind of fun but scary. It stopped on like another little island, literally the jetway on.
Speaker 2: The people were flying in like onto the water.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. I want to get to that island, whatever the fuck island that was we stopped at. And then we made it back and we rented another.
Speaker 2: Car and this time we drove five and a half hour.
Speaker 1: This time drove five and a half hours and on a one road, one lane road, run lane road highway for five nimes and like someone had already worned. It's like it's only one road in and out of that place, and if a tree falls or oh there's a smug flide.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, I'm glad I didn't hear about this till after we did it.
Speaker 1: No, he told us before.
Speaker 2: I has not been listening.
Speaker 1: You drove five and a half hours to the Caribbean side, and it's like yeah.
Speaker 2: But when we got there, it was like we unlocked the fucking magic of Coast I mean Coast Rica's magical period. But it was like unleash the dragon. The only reference.
Speaker 1: I guess that was an amazing reference. I feel like if you missed that. So we go. First of all, there's no addresses in Costa Rica. They literally drop a pin. There's like pop number seven, and we just like drove down the road. There was a beautiful black woman greeting us in a beautiful dress, which was beautiful, and like you couldn't see the house, but bitch, when she opened up the gates to this house, you could not mot the fucking tell me, I was not princess mother fucking Jasmine. Okay, the house was motherfucking Jasmine. It was a magic carpet in that bitch. It was like the secret Garden. Jungle was like, oh, you've made it. I was like, I was like, we're rich, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, how do we afford this girl? And it coastres is not that very it was very not no, it wasn't It wasn't expense it was very affordable, which was amazing.
Speaker 1: God was on our side, like literally everything.
Speaker 2: And then and then like we went out that night and.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you're like just going over so much.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: There's a beautiful, magical pool, there was a magical house. There was an outside shower. It looked like we were living in Bali. The kitchens outside, the living room's outside, it was living outside. It was sexy as fuck. And then we're like, let's go get dinner on the town. And then we're just like amazing, host who's from La, a black woman from La and she owns this beautiful house. What a lucky bitch, Like, wow, I'm so happy you own this house. Then it's true. Then we drove to the town and like as we like creep up to the town, I hear like Caribbean tunes. I'm like, bitch, I think we're on the right side of the island. I can feel that. I can just feel the jungle people. I can feel the black people in the air. I could feel them I was like, cuckck col cock co We're here. We made it. And then so like right before we get out the car, I was like really feeling it. I was like, Erica, I just hope and wish, Like, honestly, if I just get to have one's like sweaty dance with a stranger, I'll be so motherfucking happy, just like one sweaty dance.
Speaker 2: She did say this.
Speaker 1: I was just like, one just dance, it's one sweaty stranger. So of course she was just like, yeah, okay, whatever, bitch, let's go eat. We go to the beach. We watched this beautiful sunset and have this delicious to bomb ass meal. We're like in deep romance with each other. I'm staring into each other's eyes, telling each other how much we love each other and how grateful we are, like taking turns going to the beach. All we wait for our food and drink delicious cocktails. And right before we met everyone sitting next to us, including the owner of the restaurant. He gives us our check and he's like, are you guys gonna go to the party, And I'm like, what what did you say? He said, you guys going to the party next door. I was like, done, I didn't know there was a party. He's like, yeah, Johnny's that's a really good party. I was like right now, He's like, yep, about to get started right now. I was like, I am a motherfucking manifesto. Okay, And what do you know, the party just starts getting it cracking right there in front of our eyes on the beach under the full moon. And what do you see some niggas sweat and dancing. Yep, yep. I was like, haircut, I made this party happen. She was like, I know, And I sweaty danced on some strangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. We sweaty danced on some stranger. There were some fine strangers there too. There were some unexpected future friends there that we made friends with later that we were like, who are these motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: Like Gilly stood out to Gilly the gods shout out to Gilly the motherfucking god, Like we judged Gilly. We saw Gilly on the beach.
Speaker 2: She was wearing his tin had timberlands in the sand, and then he had like his like the cool trendy like wangling the dangling cross earring.
Speaker 1: You know that like and like the wife beat her with the mussels.
Speaker 2: And a girl and a grill and chains. I was like, this nigga does not live.
Speaker 1: Here, Like this nigga is visiting.
Speaker 2: He's from He's a Tami or somewhere the Bronx.
Speaker 1: He's from La for sure. And then we're also talking about this other gid. We're like, he's like the ladies man of Costa Rica. I could tell he's trying to run game and all the bitches. She was like, yeah, he's a fuck boy for sure. Fast forward to about twenty hours later. The next day, because the town is very small, I met up with one of my girlfriends, Oh who was on the show last month. Shout out to Monique, and then you know, the fuck boy joined us and he became our friend. Later on, Gilly the God joined us. He actually they both lived there. They're not to he's lived there for like five years. It was just pretty magical to see like young people just say up and leave America and say fuck it and like shut up shop and like this beautiful place where like it's just the things you think are important are really not important. And like when I say community, like everyone loves on each other. It's kind of like a little culty, like a culty love fest. So everyone's just like really touchy feely and really like kind to each other. I'm like, is this a cult or is this real?
Speaker 2: No, that is not a cult. I don't get cult vibes. But the one I said was a fuck boy? Who is I don't think it's a fuck boy. He's actually really sweet. He was actually in a cult, though I did, we did actually meet someone who was in.
Speaker 1: That's a trigger warning. I shouldn't just say cult. Ol willynally like that. I mean like a love fest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone just really supportive and it's continued like even past being there. Like I can't believe that I didn't know that this place existed, But I also know that, like everything shows itself when it's supposed to, and I might have not been ready to digest and accept what I experienced there. So have you been exploring your field lately?
Speaker 1: Oh? I have definitely been exploring my field lately.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys. Field is an app. I know you guys have heard me talk about it. I've actually been talking about it for a minute. It's an app for people interested in exploring alternative lifestyles, whether that's alone or with your partner. This app literally has people that are interested in every type of different kink, whether it's a threesome, vanilla sex to BDSM.
Speaker 1: It's the largest dating community of progressive humans across the globe. Even if you're new to exploring your sexuality, if you're looking for a third just some kinky BDSM, Field is the app for you.
Speaker 2: And here's some great news. You can download the Field app for free and support our show by going to Field dot com, slash good Moms. That's fee ld dot com slash good Moms, or just click the link in our episode description to get the Field app for free today. You know, I love a female owned brand, and you know, we love a brand that is intentional about the products that they create. And that is why I am so, so so happy that I found Ritual. I use Rituals Protein Essential powder. I use their Essential vitamins for kids, which are sugar free, they're clean, they're plant based, they're vegan. They really really care about the kind of ingredients that they're putting into their products. I know when I give Iri this vitamin, she's getting the best of the best, and they're specifically created to support nutrient needs of different life stages and right now.
Speaker 1: To make trying something new less scary, Ritual offers a money back guarantee if you're not a hunter percent in love plus our listeners get ten percent off during your first three months. All you have to do is visit ritual dot com backslash gmbc.
Speaker 2: That's right, Ritual dot com backslash gmbc to start putting your health first.
Speaker 1: And like even the party we went to, like there was moms on the beach with their kids. The kids are dancing, running around. That's what I love watching them. The kids are just just like the water free free, just free living their best fucking lives. And people are smoking weed. Nobody's worried about none of the shit that we'd be worried about. No one drives cars, everybody has a bike.
Speaker 2: Everyone's eating from the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's eating fruits and like everything's from local sourced, mothbucking places. You just feel healthy and bliss and your skin feels good. I was feeling so sexy there, I told you, Okay, like five times, I'm like, I am so sexy in Costa Rica, Like Coasta Rica makes me sexier and It's true. I was sexier there. I mean sexier. I was like, my skin was sexier. I felt kinder, kinder I did. I was happier. I was giving way more hugs. It was just great. We made a lot of friends. We thought we were locals. Even one night, I begged Erica to go to this party. We're like, they're like, yeah, Devin's parties, tonight's open. Dorian whatever you always call her name. She was kind of mean to us. She was nice later, Okay, Dorian. We went to Dorian's party because we're locals. Now we have five friends, so like, I'm gonna tell Dorian you're coming. We met up a shout out to Island Brewja. We met up with Island Breuja, who found us before we got there. She's living in Costa Rica. She found good Moms because someone shared the hat and she liked the hat. And then like weeks later, we're going to Costa Rica. She meets up with us. She's like, oh, you can go to Dorian's. How does text her tell you're coming. I'm like, okay, I like I really don't feel like going. I'm like, come on, it's open mic night, Like in my head it was like a full going party.
Speaker 2: Eila was gonna fucking make her fucking open debut. That's what this ship was. She couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: So we drive to Jorian's in the night and I drive and we're all.
Speaker 2: Like, Lily, never happens. I don't trust remas driving.
Speaker 1: I'm a great driver. I'm a great driver. Bitch. Yeah, well, bitch, this is not my fault. So we're driving and I'm like, oh my god, like there's the house. We're like a deep conversation and I'm like, there's the house right there. And literally as soon as I say right there, we drive into a ditch, but not like a regular ditch, Like the back of the.
Speaker 2: Whole car was off the ground.
Speaker 1: The back two wheels were off like the nose of the car. I don't know what kind of ditch. How was that cliff? It was like a cliff baby cloth. She's like, no boom, and I was like, we just look at this. I was like, oh my god, she's gonna kill me. I'm like, oh, no, is the car broken. This seems I'm like lifted off the car, opened the car door and it's like swinging and I have to jump down. So we're both We've put like six thousand dollars in the credit card to cover with their insurance, so we're like not saying much. It begins to rain, so then we have to go. Also, we're in the middle of the street. We're in the middle of the street. So then we have to go into Dorian's house, where we don't really know Dorian because we thought we're locals two hours ago. And we get in there so mellow, and everyone's sitting on the floor and there's like candles lit and there's like poetry going and it's like I am me, she is she, I am deep as the sea, and everyone's like and then it's like and then it really doesn't rhyme. It's like and then it's so deep because you know, I don't have any friends, but I do have friends, but I'm in Costa Rica. And then it's like a guitar playing. It's like do doo doom, do doo doo. And then here we come in, Like first we're like, who the fuck are YouTube bitches. I'm like, hi, Dorian. They're like it's like an abrupt stop to this terrible poetry, and they're like like, our our car is stuck in a ditch. Can you do you know what? Tow truck? And they're all looking at us, like a tow truck, bitch, you're in the jungle, and they're like, can you someone just I'm like this, give me someone could just come out and look at it. So two guys like no one's on any press time and coast three kids like there's nothing to do. You're literally there's nothing happening. Shul They come out, they look at it. Then I discovered that there's killer ants.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the killer ants on the floor.
Speaker 1: The rain, the killer ants. The car is in a ditch, biting our feet in the air, and these two guys are like huh yeah, like push it down a little bit to like.
Speaker 2: Barely barely tryl. I'm like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: So you know, we're like la bitches. We're like, we gotta get the fucking solution. What's the fun? Who on a tow truck? Cow? Many help us? And everyone's like.
Speaker 2: Just come sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's like pull some card. Yeah, so let me come in. They literally do nothing, and we're like, okay, well, I guess they're like the toe check's not going to be open. On Sunday.
Speaker 2: So then someone starts honking outside because they were blocking the street. So we go back in.
Speaker 1: They proceed like nothing just fucking happened. We're not having an urgent matter. They continue the terrible fucking poetry. Someone starts honking outside, Erica goes and then she comes back and she's like, Yo, the guy said he can help us. We just had to get like ten friends, and he sees like he's seen it a hundred times. He said he can help us. I'm like, so everyone's still like and then we went to the tree the party, so.
Speaker 2: They were intentionally ignoring me. I was like, that's why I.
Speaker 1: Was getting picked. I could feel Eric's energy rising and it was stressing me out because A I forced her to come to the party. B I drove into this dumbass diage. See her credit card is on this fucking stupid ass four hundred million dollar fucking insurance and I can just feel her getting irritated. But I'm like, okay, me, no, me. I'm like trying to fill the room. I'm like, there's gonna be a perfect opportunity to rally everybody up. This is just not it. I'm like, okay, we've abruptly walked into their then zen ness, whatever the fuck is happening here, and now we're like pushing them to help us, even though they clearly don't give a fuck. But let me just go about this. I'm just trying to be the buffer. So then they pull out some fucking cards and they're like everybody feeling cards. They're like feeling hard. We're gonna pull some in a second, so as we're talking, shit, don't worry, we have some here. But then like I feel like, who's your best friend? They're like me, I am my own best friend. And I realized that I love being my own best friend because I'm best friends with me.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I talk to myself in the line and people wonder what I'm talking to if it didn't talk to me because I'm checking with myself.
Speaker 1: And then I had this really judging I had this really judging thought at this moment. After like three cards, I'm like this costa Rica full of like American like loners because everyone's like a leone and I'm great, I'm like are you? And then Eric is pissed, like she's fuming, and I'm like trying not to look at her. Because I'm stressed. So finally I'm like, the cards get to us, and you would think that they would skip us, but no, they wanted us to go even though we're having an emergency. So Erica's cards come and she's like, oh the time. It was like, when have you felt the most the most adrenaline?
Speaker 2: Yea, the most adrenaline, and I said probably birth. And when my car got stuck in a ditch in the front of the party and no one.
Speaker 1: Helped, I'm like, if you guys could just please you guys, there's a guy out there that can help us.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate. As soon as she got the pissed, I was like, there's like seven men in this room. There was like, fuck, you're not gonna go.
Speaker 1: Total of ten people at this love.
Speaker 2: Most of them were men, get your ass up and get on this goddamn car, but.
Speaker 1: They were so zend out.
Speaker 2: I know a fuck. I was like one of them and like intentionally was purposely. I was like, is this some fake tribe shit? I was like, these motherfuckers don't want to help us. I was pissed.
Speaker 1: So she's like, the guys that if you just get nine people, I'm like, can you please, if you all can just please just come outside, everyone right now, please all at one time, if we could just just give us five minutes of your weight. So then she goes knocks on the guy's door and he's like, he's done this before, because I don't know who the fuck allowed this ditch to be this deep into the middle of the street. He comes out. We all jump on the back of this car. I'm in the front seat on the fucking reverse. So, please God, please gotta get this fucking crowd of here so I don't have to hear him out. I'm like, they're like pushing, I'm like, please God. And then finally and it fucking backs out because twenty people are sitting on the back right corner and there's not a fucking scratch on this fucking vehicle.
Speaker 2: A miracle.
Speaker 1: It was a goddamn miracle.
Speaker 2: Anyway we got out. The moral of the story is they came and helped the more of the stories. They were on some tribe shit. They were just very mellow about it. We're just pressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the la and us was coming out really quickly. I was like, we're in Costa Rica. You gotta relax.
Speaker 2: But then like you know after leaving there and then I feel like we went from like the real jungle to the concrete jungle, back to work, back to our kids, but even still like seeing like I'm even like when I was there, I was like, Wow, I'm here with my best friend. I am, I'm putting my daughters in camp or recording, I'm following my dreams. I'm interviewing fucking dynamic guests that like who else is going to have a conversation with like a dominatrix on a Tuesday at twelve pm with her sub Like those are the kind of conversations like I want to be having, Like I wouldn't want to be doing it. I don't want to be up in an office, No offense to those that are, but that's just not the way I'm designing my life. And I'm realizing that I truly have designed my life. And I think going to Costa Rica was a reminder too of like not only like career wise, how I want to be and like my goals and you know, having access which sometimes correlates with having income, but like how I want to live, how my body to feel.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's what I kept telling. I was just like I feel my body feels better. I'm literally were naked, like ninety percent of the trip. I'm mostly peeed outside. I mostly showered outside the Eight Fruits, like I felt connected to the earth, and you know when I felt like such a powerful download, like a message of like everything that you need, there's an abundance of it. Like everything in Costa Rica is so plush and so like that you could see that so rich. You could see the earth bearing its fruit, you know, and I just felt so cared for and protected and like everything I needed right there I had, and everything else that I was worried about didn't have to be worried about. And even to the point of me manifesting a sweaty dance party, and like even you know, when we got there, we're like, God, I really want to share this experience with our community, you know, like other people have to come here. And even to the point where, after like three days, I was like, it is so fucking necessary that moms go on trips without their kids, because you know, we're moms. We were having guilt of not bringing our kids. We were having you know, the scheduling at home wasn't going smoothly, you know, niggas say they're going to show up, they don't show up, and you have to you feel guilty should I be here doing this for this extended amount of time. But I'm like, this is so fucking necessary, and honestly, like I encourage it right after you have a baby, Like it should be normalized to go on a long vacation every year without your family. You should have to do it because you have to be able to and for an extended time. Because it took Eric and I at least like four or five days to like decompress, decompress and then like really be in it, you know, And like I was even talking about, like how do we bring our community here? How do we develop, like do a trip together where we can manifest because Eric and I have had the blessing of being able to really see our manifestations come to life to the point like I'm looking over at my best friend like I can't believe, like we did this, you know, like we didn't win this on the radio. We paid for this, weird adults. And then like how do we find the best air following our dreams to follow like just being us and just like we went to New York and had these crazy conversations with our friends and we're smoking weed and we're we're interviewing a dominatrix and then we're turning it over and interviewing best friends and crying and about how much we love each.
Speaker 2: Other, out with our kids, and then we're just like, I mean, I realize. And then so you saying, like my friend was like, you guys don't live normal lives. I'm like, I mean, I think everyone's version of normal is different, but no, I don't, and I've never wanted to. And that's the life that I want to continue to live.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to be one hundred percent myself and be authentic and fuck up and cry and be vulnerable, and when I'm not being vulnerable, check myself and my friend be able to tell me, and also like just be able to put our kids in camp together and get a babysitter and you know, go to the sex party at night and laugh about it the next day, and like still be good moms and still do the things and it's such a beautiful journey and I'm just I love it here. No same, but I mean I think too, like going back to you know, being able to connect to yourself and to nature and wanting to bring our tribe there. Like I'm just so excited because we were like, how do we do this? And like, when I tell you the power of like me and Jamila's.
Speaker 2: Entity is it's something really special and like you too can have that with your friend, like with your soulmate or whatever that looks like. But me and Jamila were we were like, we need to do this, and then we met a woman and then.
Speaker 1: Literally we're like, we need to post a retreat in Costa Rica. It should be all of these things that we're experiencing. And literally, like that day, I went to go eat lunch with my friend who lives in Costa Rica, Monique, and then she introduced me to this woman. She's like, hello, you know, like I coordinate retreats. I've done it for years. I did it on a major level and like Abiza or some shit. I'm like, oh did you Well, thanks God, I'll take it, you know, And I told her. I was like, yeah, it's crazy that I'm meeting you right now. Like I was just talking to my partner about this, and it's literally every single thing that we wanted that we got, like to the very small, even down to our friends when we got there, we were just talking, eh, look at them, like, and we asked for those friendships. Even in our like very small virtual manifestation full moon thing that we did, we had people come, you know, write in and say like I manifested this and this came to fruition. And I do believe there's power in doing shit together. I do like when you harness your energy, Like, first of all, femine energy is so fucking divine and goddess. It's literally creative energy. We create life. And when we put that shit together like the red tent style in a tropical holy place like Costa Rica, and you come vulnerable and you come like open and ready to connect, that shit is motherfucking powerful. So like, yeah, I'm super super excited to announce that we are doing a retreat hey in January in Costa Rica, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so excited it's January two because I feel like, I mean, we all know, like beginning of the year, we're always focusing on like, Okay, what are the things that we're reevaluating about last year ourselves, But sometimes it takes like a few weeks into January for some reason to like really like, Okay, what is it that I really want to do? You know, And like I just feel like making this commitment to yourself really and coming back to yourself and saying I'm going to do this for me, Like there's something so powerful about that and then us all coming together. I'm just really excited to meet the people that you know are committed to themselves, because those are the people I want to be attached to, those not attached but connected to.
Speaker 1: You know, well, when you're manifesting, yeah, you need people who are on the same page as you. And we need to nurture our dreams and nurture each other and like take time to do that. It's important. Even in Costa Rica, It's like it feels good to just do whatever I want, like just nurture myself, listen to my body. And the times I've experienced the most like shift in my energy and in my like in myself, like my ability to reflect and dig deeper is when I'm most silent and most in nature. So like doing that as a community is going to be nice.
Speaker 2: And there's such magical people and healers out there, you guys, I can't wait for you guys to see what's out there and meet the people out there. It's just like it's oh my god, I miss Lanie.
Speaker 1: Miss yeah, we have a Coasta Rican grandmother. Thank you Monique for retaking all your people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We went to visit this like magical Divide. It was like going to meet God. It was like, hey, you want to come meet God, come with us, come up the mountain, then come meet her. And we did. We like the mountain. Lani sent us with her friend from Germany or Sweden. She like, we just went through like back jungles, muddy back jungles down a hill up until we found this beautiful untapped into waterfall and we just like sat there and it was just so purifying powerful. It was loud, it was and it was like you couldn't even go under it because it was just heavy, would probably break your back, and it was it just rained and we screamed and we yelled and we cried, and we just like sat in that bitch for a minute, like to absorb but like whatever energy we wanted to absorb, and it was it's powerful anyway.
Speaker 2: So should we do? Do you want to?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 2: Did you do what you pull one of these cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead quickly.
Speaker 2: So we have this game. We've heard us talk about it. It's called We're Not Really Strangers. And in the spirit of designing your life, I think a lot that comes with designing your life is reflection. You must reflect, figure out what it is that you want, what it is that you need, what is that you don't need? And so there's a reflection card in here. So I'm just going to pick anyone. Hopefully it's not crazy.
Speaker 1: It's so deep.
Speaker 2: In one word, describe how you feel right now?
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, happy, grateful. I can't do one word. I talk a lot. Where'd you pick from? This is reflection and then this is a perception and what's the middle one connection? Okay, I'm should do another reflection. Since we're designing your lives, we have to reflect. Okay, this is interesting. What can we create together? What can't we create together?
Speaker 2: Anything we want?
Speaker 1: Anything we fucking want? Oh that was a good one. Okay, Let's try another one, because that's just.
Speaker 2: That's for the enterity.
Speaker 1: This is for this is for the entitude.
Speaker 2: Okay, h.
Speaker 1: What is it a wild card? No, it's not a good one.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: What you admire most about me.
Speaker 2: Your capacity for love.
Speaker 1: I admire most about you. There's a lot I admire about you. I admire your ability to have boundaries.
Speaker 2: So the opposite capacity to love you, your capacity to say fuck you.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: It's thank you, I thank you. I receive that.
Speaker 1: Do we have it?
Speaker 2: Horri? Yeah, let's read our horri and then will if you guys.
Speaker 1: Want to hear more about things we're not going to talk about about New York. Oh, yeah, in more detail. Because we did go to a sex party, we did some field research.
Speaker 2: We went to study. It was a group study. It.
Speaker 1: We went out into the field.
Speaker 2: We got into the field.
Speaker 1: You needed to collect some data, and.
Speaker 2: She wrote some things down notes.
Speaker 1: We're journalists, so of course we had to do the research in the field.
Speaker 2: Did a lot of field work. But yeah, you can hear that on our Patreon, we talk about our experience at a party that was pretty life changing for me.
Speaker 1: It was life changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looks solidified some things for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. I can understand that, Like, yeah, there's an openness that has to come with.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, I'm not even gonna refeel what it is, but just go listen to our patreon. It's patreon dot com slash Good Mom's Bad Choices. We have that little story among other stories that we don't share here, so check that shit out. But we do have a whoorry and I thought it was a good one. Let me see where is it? Who stories? Well? I thought I'd take this story to the grave, but apparently things change. I was twenty four when my first marriage ended. On the first weekend my daughter spent with her dad's family, my friends planned a girl's night so I wouldn't be sad. I put on clothes I never would have been abled to while I was with him, and we headed to the club. Two hours in. I was feeling really nice, and that's when I met him. He had thick Haitian accent that turned me on. We danced and made out like drunk lovers. At the end of the night, my scary ass tried to leave, but he gave me his ID, driver's license, and social Security cards so that I would trust him. Wow, I drove what we were going to do with those cards. If it's like you went.
Speaker 1: Missing, though, you could take a picture, you sent it to your friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, I got it, Okay, take it, okay credit Wow, Okay, that's yeah, it's a good idea. Actually, I drove to his house while he was sucking on my titties. He didn't care who saw, and I didn't either. We went back to his house and I got new Dick for the first time in six years.
Speaker 1: Who hellujah Bringham home from the club and dickham down.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, amen, I support this message. I was feeling so fucking liberated that I asked him if if his fine ass roommate wanted to fuck me too?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: He did. At first, I was nervous because they would switch back and forth between English and French. What wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of bilingual three something happening.
Speaker 2: So yeah, speaking of speaking of the sex club, but they both found ways to cater to me without getting too close to each other. Come to think of it, that's probably what most of the talking was about. They wouldn't come close to each other or.
Speaker 1: No, maybe because it had a pleasure her. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they were conspiring to please you, or that would be great. That's a great thought to think about. I slept over and the next morning I felt like I needed to explain that that was actually my first time doing something like that. Shame shame, creuptin the shame creeptain. Oh no, I'm God blessed me, verified slut. I thanked him for treating me and told him that after all I went through in my marriage, I felt so good to be free. He told me that from now on, whenever I wanted a safe space to do something new, I could call him.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's a fucking saint. I want to cry. I know that was beautiful. I'm like, look at me, I'm getting emotional. Sexual freedom is a gift.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's you know, like you know, it's safety for me.
Speaker 1: It is so important for like a man to say you're yeh feel safe like that is a good I never thought it was that word because you think of it in a different way, but it is. It feels safe to just be like the creepiest it's okay.
Speaker 2: You know that you're gonna be good there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't I don't care about that. I love you.
Speaker 2: We were main friends. We'd go out.
Speaker 1: She's really teario I know she's about to cry crying, you know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it makes me happy to know that exists, right.
Speaker 1: Right, there's men out there who says, oh my god, I love you enough to give you that.
Speaker 2: You know what it is too. I cry because I can't go back like I am who I am. There's no going back. I've experienced too much. I've seen too many things, and I can't go back to whatever normalcy, whatever the fuck that looks like. I just know what I like.
Speaker 1: And are you with it or not?
Speaker 2: Do you love me?
Speaker 1: Every safe? Right?
Speaker 2: Every safe? We remain friends. We'd go out to eat, set up play dates for my daughter and his son, even have sex when we were in between relationships, just us to end with others too, even though we did wild shit together. He held me in the highest regard, and I always felt like he was an ally. I recently found out that he was killed. Okay, now I'm really gonna cry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cry too.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'll never forget all the liberation he brought into my life. Wow, wow, I never This is a first. A horri is making me really emotional.
Speaker 1: You know what, I just feel like I know what I think for women too, and I think for free women and sexual women, it is hard to come by, and it is a gift and honestly shout out to you for fucking saying, hey, I'm gonna try something and saying it because no how many women want it, and not say it because like it's gonna be a train, I'm gonna be a slunt, They're gonna think I'm a hoe, like all these things. You know, it's sad that we have to live our sexuality in this quiet space. It's sad that we have to go around our sexuality wondering if it's offensive to anyone else, or if it's asking for too much attention, or if it's slutty, because men have the leeway to just sled it out even if it's fucking downright violent and disrespectful, and it's accepted and there's camaraderie around it. Like to be a woman is to be sexual. You cannot remove the sex from femininity, from the feminine from like that's who we are. So it's just so hard to come by a man who recognizes and sees who you are, is who you are, and it respects you as such. It's sad. It's almost to the point like do I have to am I supposed to be more a different way? Am I supposed to be less sexual? Am I not supposed to express my sexual fantasies because it's too much for somebody and like, no, But you do have to know that there are going to be a lot of men that shame you, and even less men that like wrap around you and love on you and can hold you to a high regard, you know, respect you and help you live out those fantasies. I'm really sad that he got killed.
Speaker 2: That's why we have to teach our sons to be good men.
Speaker 1: We have to. I think we should be a school for boys, a school for men to relearn. They're like, oh, fuck that, that's a lot of work. Jesus. It's like every man ever I've ever met anyway, that school is closed.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing that. I appreciate you sharing that, Horri. That was beautiful. But it's time for us to get out of here, guys.
Speaker 1: But one more thing I wanted to say that we missed I don't know how we fucking missed this, but in New York we had a fucking meet up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we met up.
Speaker 1: And the horry made me think of it because the most innocent, sweetest face in the whole party. Was like, remember that the horry about the me pegging the white man of Juneteenth. I was like, that was you. Yeah, I was like, girl, I would have not seen this a little sweet face, never in a million years. You're so it's so nice to put faces with whole sorries you never know out here. I love you guys as stories and I love you guys. It felt so good to just like wrap my hands around you and like chill and dance and vibe and eat and break bread. And hopefully we get to do more of that in each city, more dinners. So check that out. And yeah, you know where to find us, rate and review us, and we love you, love you, Bye bye Ella Solo Recorder La La the Latter Days, Ranz. Thanks