Speaker 1: Hey there, Fanta Rito's welcome to part two of our interview with Jim Falkenstein. As the prop master on countless projects, including Fuller House, Jim has a plethora of stories up his sleeve, from sourcing props to mistakes that have happened on set. We're looking at you, Jody Sweeten. We are so excited for all of you to hear the rest of this conversation, so please welcome back.
Speaker 2: Jim. So how did you get it? So you've been in.
Speaker 3: The business for a long time, you just kind of like fell in it. What are some of the other Like what are some of the other sitcoms that you've worked on? You know, not your top three because we're in that one, but like, what other stuff have you worked on? I mean, I did you work on Tombstone?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I did work So that wasn't very funny.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, yeah, different holidaying of tuberculosis doesn't really inspire laughs.
Speaker 2: But great movie, Yeah, pretty great.
Speaker 4: And that was that was very young and I was very green.
Speaker 5: I was I was the assistant on that and uh, it was wild in a variety of ways.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, this is back in the in the heyday of Val Kilmer being Val Kilmer.
Speaker 5: Great stories. I mean right, forced me to drink a lot of per diem at the end of the day, but great stories for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that was wild.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of that was crazy, a lot of bullets, but so many big actors on that it was super fun.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I love that movie. My dad is obsessed with Western and that's also one of his favorites.
Speaker 4: And I was so I'm so dumb at the early time.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize there's like mementos that from that movie that I was you know, the gardens you can't to Kilmer, the dives that they used in here, the bottle that was kind of stuff like I could have actually kind of kept some of that stuff. And I did keep some stuff, and I kept scripts and dustar cool stuff. And then I screw like a year, somebody goes, hey, did you work on Tombstone, and go, yeah, he was getting cool stuff. I go, they can have all this stuff. I don't know what if you want. And then later now I'm like, oh, you see walk by what the city of Tombstone this summer?
Speaker 4: Oh by, And I'm going like this is from the movie. We could have sold that for it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't write if only I'd known think about it.
Speaker 3: Now, did you work Did you work on Sultan Sea too? Which was another Val Kilmer movie? Yes, another movie that I love. Uh oh yeah, weirdly.
Speaker 2: Love that movie.
Speaker 3: It's it's dark and and just it's about you know, tweakers out in the Sultan Sea and uh yeah. The first scene is always the one that sticks with me, when they're like, you think they're at night in the dark in the house, and then they opened the front door and it's just they're like vampires and blinded you.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, that was It was wild.
Speaker 5: There are so many people who are right in your character because this it's all about the tweakers. So they were all they had these they got all these guys would show up.
Speaker 4: Consultants were just freshly.
Speaker 3: Fresh, freshly so right, they're like, here's how you take a part a toaster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had all the technical stuff down and blah blah blah, and every one of them was like wire thintle, jittery, you know. And uh and then you go in val Val would put on an extra twenty five pounds or something, and he was just kind of like whenever I'll give you a Vouchimera's special eye left on this. So on Tombstone, they smoked cigarettes a lot. We had fake we had to roll them by hand, you know, had a bunch of them. But they also smoked their own personal cigarettes in between takes.
Speaker 4: So I had cigarettes galore on me.
Speaker 3: Right, you were a walking smoke shop, las you get been one of those like little you know you had one of those trays like in the the thirties and forties at the movie theater, you know, Yeah, maybe he.
Speaker 4: Was upside once we're in the short fly skirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have made all the difference.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so he go, perps, I want a cigarette. I go, which flavor would you like?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 5: And he goes up marble like right open the pack and his cigarette and there's another lighter and he goes he rolls, just holds it up to my ear. He rolls like this. He goes, did that sound fresh to you? I'm like, I just opened the pack right here? He goes, bad pack, give you another pack and you walk away? Mike, Mike, all right, so that's the kind of stuff you would do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, more than one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yikes, that's it requires a whole other level of patients from the protesters.
Speaker 4: And that's another thing, like certain you have to have the patients to be on set. Steve has to sit with my assistant. Steve had to be on side with you weirdos.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, yeah, we give him a really hard time.
Speaker 1: So explain the difference between between your job and Steve's job, between the prop master and the assistant prop master.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I do all the prep before bringing the stuff in.
Speaker 5: I shop it, I get the vendors figured out, I figure out I give vendors for food.
Speaker 4: I go. Sometimes I arrange. I make stuff myself. Sometimes I have graphics. I make a thing and.
Speaker 5: Then I have to bring it all together and kind of create the prop to a point and then I hint it give to Steve and then he arranges them all for each scene throughout the show. So I get them all together and bring them all in, and then he arranges them all for you guys so that you use them in the scenes, and he keeps track of all your.
Speaker 4: Stuff, and and then once in a while he'll come to me and go Andrea wants ano, there's something something.
Speaker 3: Andrew wants a lifetized Ostrich baiting, store them.
Speaker 4: Off running you know, it's it's sick schedule. It's really fun. It's usually pretty fun.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I do more prep work and all that episode got a schmooze. I gotta be not like Steve's great with the actors because he's a theater guy. Yes, he loves the theater and he loves being on the stage and the actors and uh uh, I like, I always want to be a writer, so I like hanging out with writers, and so that's where I would liaise between the writers who are coming up with ideas, and then with the director who that might be, and then you guys, and then try to coordinate a bunch of different inputs.
Speaker 2: What every what does everyone want?
Speaker 3: And how do I make everyone equally unhappy and just.
Speaker 2: Get this through? Uh production?
Speaker 3: How do I disappoint everyone equally and just go, look, this is what you're getting.
Speaker 4: Jims and idiot, isn'ty? I agree?
Speaker 2: But do I have to make another one of those? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, great, that's I'll be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's so you basically have to be like like a partial chef sometimes an engineer uh, an entrepreneur schmooser uh and.
Speaker 2: And a shock and a bit of a thief and a bit of a.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah see both here to say, like, so I will look, there's not thievery. It's just acquiring too many props every week and then having to give them away to people. So that was always happy to do that, right, It's certainly some people are some guys are horrors, some prop people are horror They just have so much stuff everywhere. I'm not the hoarder, so whenever I got too much stuff, I had to get rid of it because I didn't want any more stuff, right, so I would sometimes you have to buy too much on purpose, and if you guys wanted something extra for whatever non show related or just order it and get it and bring it up and keep doing it. So that's technically not illegal.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's the gender we're redistributing. It was mutual aid, is what it was. Really. Yeah, you were helping out others exactly.
Speaker 3: But I do remember like at the end of a week there you'd.
Speaker 2: Have like the table. I was like take this, you know, like just I don't you don't need it, I don't want it, I don't you know.
Speaker 4: Absolutely always trying to get rid of stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh and everyone was. I was always quite excited to take it.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was.
Speaker 3: Any ever anyone that was like, now, I'm not gonna They were like, oh, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Like what's the work got out on that stage because it was right near the commissary or it was credibly close not right there, but pretty close to the commentary. So once the work out and the commentary would come, deliver food once in a while and whatever it is.
Speaker 4: And I had a table.
Speaker 5: It was a free table and certain are right and they were like, this is free for everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want to deal with it.
Speaker 4: They all run it right, a bunch of stuff perfect.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the prop prop budget, like do you get a budget for the whole season or do you get a budget per episode?
Speaker 4: There's a you know, you're you've got like a your standard.
Speaker 5: They when you get the job, go say what kind of what kind of budget are looking at?
Speaker 4: And that's what you kind of.
Speaker 5: Know whether your butt shot is going to be good or bad. It's got if it's you guys had a crazy big budget because you're a Netflix.
Speaker 2: Netflix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of bigger.
Speaker 5: It was like money wise, it was and uh, so it was they say, okay, you got to two thousand for rentals every week and fifteen hundred for purchases and then.
Speaker 4: A thousand for effects or whatever. It is, okay, like okay, and then every week you get another script and you go.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's going to cost five thousand dollars, right, and then everyone knows as long as you ever what you're communicate well with everybody and go like, okay, so we're making this, so we're going to do this, and if you want me to get that, that's gonna cost more, and then negotiate a little bit, go like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine, spend the money or people get them to rewrite it, so you know, it's a little negotiating you can do early on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do remember that, just to rewrite and rewrite. I remember that from production meeting.
Speaker 3: And it was just like there were certain things that you know, one department or another would be like that, I don't know how you want us to pull that off, you know, like wardrobe or something. Wardrobe is usually like they can't do that in a skirt, so like something needs to be rewritten.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, they're folks. It's TJ.
Speaker 8: Holmes and Amy Roeboch. Don't miss Morning Run every weekday morning Monday through Friday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll be covering the biggest stories, everything you need to know, breaking news, politics, pop culture on our daily podcast, Morning Run, and of course it has a little bit of our own personal flare to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right. Make sure to subscribe now, so every day when you wake up, you've got the Morning Run waiting for you.
Speaker 9: Listen to Morning Run wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Well, it's fun because the writers will will have watched, just watched some movie and they'll write in a thing from the movie.
Speaker 4: They'll go like, oh, I just saw some moves. It looks pretty easy. I go, no, No, it was a movie. There were you know, they were they were on a stage that's tall, there were puppeteers underneath it all. There's green screen here and effects there, and then in cameraon.
Speaker 3: Shot it right, And they had seven days just to shoot that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We've got like seven minutes to get an insert shot make it good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but that's that's.
Speaker 5: The sitcom thing is is good in that sense because it's really restricted as to how how big and uh you acting more creative on how you do things like an effect or somebody gets pie in the face or.
Speaker 4: Even something that simple. You got to get smarter and do it quicker so that you clean up as quick. You got an audience there, you're going to get big bang.
Speaker 5: There were those the little games and the tricks and the you know, the body doubles you throw in real quick. But you can, you know, you have to be smart and ticky. But they also restrict the writing, right.
Speaker 3: You sort of have a sandbox that you have to play within. You can't do you know, in a movie you can be like, we want to do let's do an entire crash scene. You're like, that's not no, we can't. We can run one car through one kitchen wall.
Speaker 2: That's it. One time per season, per season.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Say, man, the stability of that house is impressive because we've had what three four cars go through that and for being an old.
Speaker 2: San Francisco house, it is it.
Speaker 3: Is really twisted earthquakes car backing into horses walking upstairs, you know.
Speaker 2: In the kitchen. Yeah, that was in the kitchen, right, livestock you know, yeah, oh, what.
Speaker 4: Did I missed one episode? What was the one where I think who almost.
Speaker 3: Died when something Candice when and the we were doing the stunt with the zipline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't cap.
Speaker 3: They were adjusting it and then didn't put the cap on the end of it. So the entire like forty pound metal mechanism ran along. She ziplined along the track and then there was nothing to stop her or it, and it just it went right down in front of her because of the weight of it. It didn't even like or it just dropped and luckily Mary she had stopped already. But yeah, dented the set, dented the snares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those.
Speaker 4: It was the last that was the last day for that stunt guy, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah he didn't Yeah, yeah, but yeah it definitely Uh you know these, I mean, these are the things.
Speaker 2: These are the things that happen on.
Speaker 3: Set and you and you do you're gonna stick on. You're like, oh, what's the worst? This this is easy was the worst that could happen, you know what I mean? And you're like, oh, there's you know, someone light on the higher there's all manner of things that Actually, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Very dangerous job. When do you think about it? Yeah, we're pretty well, we're on fuller for sure.
Speaker 4: Well we're all like first responders. I think we're.
Speaker 3: Heroes, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, we got you know, we'll jump in and try and do anything.
Speaker 4: You know, Well you guys would.
Speaker 5: That's fun too, Like you guys got to do fun stuff because I remember, like normally I'll go on my show and if there's a kitchen of the kids show out Nickelodeon or just near or whatever it is, the adults that I talked to are usually you know.
Speaker 4: Just jaded because they're like, going, I'm here for the check.
Speaker 3: Well, because you're right, you have seven lines and you're right and all of them.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm an idiot, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to walk through whatever.
Speaker 5: But you guys, so what I think when I first met you had early on, I was like, because you were doing like three crazy things in a row, two three different shows, and I'm going, they got you doing crazy stuff. I mean that's crazy, right, you got to you gotta be a little sick of this nonsense, right.
Speaker 4: And you went, I love it. I love it you you said, oh no, that was my favorite thing. I get to do crazy stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: Probably the probably your first episode was the opener of season four where I was I think it was rollerblading and like on acrobats on silks or whatever and cart wheels.
Speaker 2: Like what yeah, yes, where was I was that? The opening of season five? It was Kimmy did aeroals and silks? What yes? Who am I this?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was season five because Kimmy was no longer pregnant and so she's like, I can do everything now.
Speaker 2: I can roller blade, I can.
Speaker 1: Just do I can go up in those aerial silks, which was the body double that wasn't I can't remember what else, but yeah, that was a lot for a season opener.
Speaker 2: I was, That's right. I do remember three stunts that weak that was crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you guys, your characters were were well, I don't know. The weird parents would.
Speaker 5: Just say you're you're, you've found you were the probably the most I would say most parents watch the show and go, I want to be that parent, the one way I got to do whatever I want.
Speaker 4: I almost never see my kids.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we've been watching Full House and we're amazed at Michelle as a toddler really was just kind of doing her own thing, you know, and just wandering around the house. She'd pop in fully dressed and everyone's like, oh, good morning, Like you know, obviously was able to put her hair up in a ponytail and dress herself, and she's just hanging out around the house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The Tanner girls basically raised themselves right for three dads.
Speaker 3: It seemed like they were alone a lot, you know, three four adults in the house, and yet the kids were always just kind of.
Speaker 2: In on their own.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, funny. That's so great.
Speaker 3: So how was Hollywood, like, I mean, was it You've seen definitely like the shift in everything.
Speaker 2: How has it changed your view of it from.
Speaker 5: As far as like the TV shows, shitcom stuff world that used to be a lot more more fun in general, there's still occasionally a fun show to go on, but sets are a.
Speaker 4: Little bit more serious.
Speaker 5: There's not quite the the camaraderie between the cast and crew because I think cruise cycle.
Speaker 4: A lot more right there used to be the season was like July, August to.
Speaker 2: March pretty much, and you'd all stay.
Speaker 5: On the same show, and then the next year you come back, and then you stay on the same show, and the next year you come back, and it was always the same.
Speaker 4: So everyone scheduled their lives around the show schedule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you see the same people every year. The same crew would come in, the same writers would show up. You know, a couple of changes here and there, but so everyone got to know each other. So over the years, the family thing worked pretty good. If you had a difficult person number two or whatever, work around them and had a great time.
Speaker 3: Like any family, you're like, oh, everyone knows that that's the person that you have, you know what I mean, Like, and then you just do it and you're like, oh, we're all here for the holiday.
Speaker 2: Just make it work, you know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so it was like, so you had more there's more continuity for each shows, like a lot of the time. He had the same director all the time. Yeah, you know, and it's like, well, you guys had was Rich Correll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had Rich well on Fuller. We had Rich quite a bit. We had him on full House too. Joel's Wick did a lot of the original full House.
Speaker 1: We have Mark Sandrowski a four times every season on Fuller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Fuller.
Speaker 5: Did you hear the Mark Mark Sandrowski director of Mark Sandrowski. You know, he claimed because he grew up with Dave Koeer. They worked together in the Michigan or whatever. They had some kind of comedy duo. Yep, And and Dave K's catchphrase was was cut out.
Speaker 2: That's Sandrowski line.
Speaker 4: Drowski says he was life stole it.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, that is absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Dave will tell Rich He's like, oh no, no, that was cinders thing in our little comedy duo. And then he like threw it into as Joey's sort of catchphrase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was up.
Speaker 4: I made that guy, I could take.
Speaker 2: It's so true to me.
Speaker 3: I have a picture of Sandrowski in some very short shorts on a beach in Hawaii with a clipboard and like an earpiece, just looking like.
Speaker 2: All hell has broken loose.
Speaker 3: Uh, And it was like, yeah, it was like nineteen ninety two and uh it was.
Speaker 2: It was fun exact.
Speaker 4: Great, but yeah, so Rich because Rich Correll did most.
Speaker 2: A lot of them, right, he did a lot of fuller yep did.
Speaker 5: But anytime like someone would get directing job, like what it was Cameron or do you Jody it?
Speaker 4: You did one?
Speaker 2: I did? I directed one. It was you.
Speaker 3: I have the the director's chair which you lowered from the ceiling.
Speaker 4: Oh, Yeah, that's right. We've made a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so cool.
Speaker 4: Why not? Why not make it?
Speaker 2: No, there were you had laser pens.
Speaker 3: There is everyone like, there was lasers going and and I think some smoke and I think you had the yellow tuks on.
Speaker 2: I think it was an official yellow Tux moment.
Speaker 4: That was That's a good yellow Tex moment.
Speaker 5: So whenever somebody else would direct that wasn't Rich Krell like, I go, I go, okay, Rich, I'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: He goes, I'm not directing next week. I go it just because I invented what are you invent? Tanner?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yea, all those scripts and almost all these episodes. I guess I'm not as good as this new person.
Speaker 10: I'm like, Mike rich Come on, you met Michelle Lally in the hit Bravo show The Valley. You met me literally during the most difficult chapter in my life. Now it's time for you to meet the real met Michelle Senny. Yes, I changed my name and I want you to follow me on my journey to the pursuit of sassiness. So much has happened to me before, during, and after the show before you can really understand the eight weeks that you saw on TV. I think you have to know what was going on from the very beginning, from being raised by two immigrant parents, paying my own way through college and working at Hooters, to starting my own real estate empire, getting married, having a baby during COVID, to that very same marriage falling apart on national TV, to losing my mom to eventually finding love again. There is so much to unpack and share. I'm on the pursuit of happiness and most importantly, I'm.
Speaker 2: On the pursuit of satiness.
Speaker 10: Listen to Pursuit of Satiness starting on March seventeenth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny?
Speaker 3: So I recently did a couple of days on a Disney show.
Speaker 2: And then got sick and had to swap out. But your daughter was on it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and uh.
Speaker 3: And Rich Correll's daughter in law was one of the stand ins. Noay, yeah yeah, And then Chris Jensen was our ad and Tony was the.
Speaker 2: Third and yeah, yeah, we had it was like several of the Fuller of the Floorhouse group. Meg DeLoach was on it.
Speaker 3: On the Newest One yeah, yeah, yeah, Tony's his second now Tony, because I think Adam retired and Tony I think moved up to his second, so it's crazy.
Speaker 5: And uh, my daughter Freya I think it's now the second second because she's going out with Tony.
Speaker 2: Know that. Okay, they're super cute.
Speaker 3: And I saw her and it was so funny because I walked by her and I was like, did you work out fuller? And she was like, well, not technically, but my dad's Jim Fall because he was like, oh my god, yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Were okay, yes, I totally remember. So it was Yeah, it was a fun. It was fun to see her.
Speaker 3: And we had just done Steve's interview that week and we're talking about you and then like literally I ran into her two days later.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. She didn't tell me she saw you.
Speaker 2: I yell at yeah, yeah, yeah she did.
Speaker 3: And uh and I guess she doesn't like you now, so sorry to break the news.
Speaker 4: Well maybe it's because you've quit the show. Pretend to get sick.
Speaker 2: That's true. Well that's probably it too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like I'm done with this now. I first time I've ever quit or not quit. The first time I've ever like not been able to work.
Speaker 2: It was just so sick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, actually no second time, because the first was I think the one and only time on Full House that we had to shut down because it was a Stephanie centered storyline and I think I got sick like midweek. Yeah, and I had like one hundred and three hundred and four fever. They had to send the doctor out to like be like, yeah, no, she's really really sick and pull the insurance parachute.
Speaker 2: You couldn't do the live show. You couldn't do the audience show. You couldn't do the audience show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so we had to push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that I mean that's the you know.
Speaker 4: Rare back then, like since COVID it's like every.
Speaker 2: Week, right, Oh yeah now, I think.
Speaker 3: And they were also very because if the kids got sick, you know, if you're an adult and you get sick, they're like, I don't know, take some DayQuil, fair fluid up, let's go. We got things to do, you know. As a kid, they're like, oh wait, wait, wait, wait wait, we gotta yeah, we want to take care.
Speaker 2: Of them a little bit.
Speaker 3: So totally, but yeah, sof and and Saw and saw Rich's daughter in law.
Speaker 2: So it's a very small world this business.
Speaker 3: We all sort of generationally travel and you know, in the same little circles.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's helpful.
Speaker 5: You talk about nepotism all day and like, how you know somebody so it's easier to get in because you know people, which is true. But it's also good that if you're in the business you kind of have a support built in support staff of older people that you can go like, I don't know what I'm doing, and somebody who can go like it's.
Speaker 4: Good, be okay. Yeah, so that you get the guidance, you know, feedback.
Speaker 5: From your family, right, which is helpful and makes you a better employee.
Speaker 4: In addition to the nepotism.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well.
Speaker 3: I always think, look, every job, no matter what job you get, if you know somebody, it helps you know.
Speaker 2: And I always say like it's I've.
Speaker 3: You know, seen talented people who happen to have a parent that's in the business, and you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: Used I used to I used to buy be more and then I was just like, man, it's just the way It's fine, you know.
Speaker 3: Which is ironic because you're a nepo baby, So you really it's just that self hatred you're like.
Speaker 2: I was just I was born into this.
Speaker 5: Legendary Let me ask you this, Andrea, because I was trying to call this, I talked to Steve Aldikowski a little bit off and on I did.
Speaker 4: I did more when I was around. Do you know here Steve and Brian got in a fight. You don't talk anymore?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah I did hear.
Speaker 1: I did hear that bad. I didn't hear the details of the fight. But yeah, they aren't writing partners anymore.
Speaker 4: I like them both. I don't like huh, but I mean, well, watch out barriage break up. You don't know what happened? Right?
Speaker 2: They seemed so happy? Right? You know one?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: Talking with Steve went after the show, and Andrea, wasn't he pitching you one Pablo for some something?
Speaker 1: It wasn't Steve Boldokowski, Yeah, no, one. Pablo and I were working with a different writer to pick well. I wanted to do the Gibbler spinoff. I don't think anyone knows this. I want to do the Gibbler spin off. And so I went to Warner Brothers and pitch that, and they said well, we can't do that because Netflix owns the characters. They own the new characters on Fuller for ten years, yep, and then they own our characters for three years, five years whatever.
Speaker 2: It was, Well it's been ten years now, you could go do it. Well, I know, maybe I should go pitch it again, right you go. So then we were pitching it a different.
Speaker 1: Show, which was like we were, you know, gibbler esque. I was the wacky person. He was the heart throb, you know, Latin man who sings. But that never I mean, between COVID and everything else.
Speaker 2: We pitched it around, but it just never happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, COVID sort of ruined everything. COVID killed everything, I mean for.
Speaker 2: A lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think I felt like everybody had like all of these things kind of happening in the early part of twenty twenty, particularly even on our show. We're like, oh, we've got like there were things that were happening and what and then it was just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, actually none of that. They'd never mind. Yeah, yeah, that was too bad.
Speaker 3: But well, Jim, this has been so awesome to have you on the show.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's I love it too. I have to. I have to give you my my favorite story though.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, oh my god, yes please.
Speaker 4: The Bob Saggat start.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's right, yeah, the Saggat story.
Speaker 4: Now, this is when I tell everybody about my Fuller House case.
Speaker 5: So after Fuller House, uh like two years after Floorhouse, I get another show right on that exact same stage, so I mean the same prop room. And this is after Bob's passed, and so I come in. I'm working on the same prop room, going that same corner where we just talked about. Everybody is right, yeah, and it's Sunday and no one's on the stage and the lights are all off. I'm just dropping off some stuff and I'm outside with the mic prop room there and I'm just thinking also, and I feel this cold rush run through me, like you know, they say ghost stuff that doesn't happen to me ever, and I'm like going like, oh, that's not like a ghost, I go, but it was Bob Saggot's ghost just came to my head.
Speaker 4: I'm my Bob Saggot's ghost right there and there I gotta go tell the tour.
Speaker 5: I mean, nobody believe me or anything, however, I uh, I moved up to Ashland, Oregon, just full of the mystics.
Speaker 4: And nandlers and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I know a guy who dabbles in that stuff, and so he's a talking to him, like a couple of weeks later, I go, hey, listen.
Speaker 4: He goes, look, I was gonna buy this house, but I couldn't fix the electrics.
Speaker 5: He goes, I can get rid of ghosts, but I can't fix electric I'm like, oh, well, hey, if you know ghosts, let me ask you this story.
Speaker 4: A guy who knows ghosts, I told him to Bob Saggot's story and I go, so, what do you think is that? And he goes like guess. He goes, yes, that was Bob Saggett. I'm like, oh, really, that's how you find out.
Speaker 5: And then I said, Slosy, like, just haunt the stage now, and he goes, wait, no, no, he was just a visiting stage.
Speaker 4: He saw ant even wanted to stay high.
Speaker 5: So in my mind, and I usually don't believe in that stuff, but for this, I believe in it because it.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, you know what, I would one hundred percent see Bob going back to that stage, all all of us, really, I think We're all gonna the entire full house. Gast is going to haunt stage twenty.
Speaker 2: Four in perpetuity because we did.
Speaker 3: We did the original show there, right, and then we can and those built like we were the first people in those dressing rooms when they built it, like that was hard.
Speaker 2: Really they built all of that.
Speaker 3: And we were the first people in it.
Speaker 2: It was home. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when we got to come back to the same stage, to the same like dressing room areas and all that, it was it was incredible. So I would I would say Bob would probably be like, I was gonna go check out stage for a little bit, see if I can find a microphone.
Speaker 2: Always looking for a microphone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that sameometer joke.
Speaker 2: It's true, yeap, yeah, some inappropriate joke. Always always Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: No, I jokingly said, I was having a bunch of mic issues and like electronics, Like it's Bob, Bob just trying to interfere with the mic like I want to trying to pull focus, which.
Speaker 2: Is totally fine, and I'd absolutely allow course. Well, yeah, that was so many.
Speaker 3: Great stories, Jim, and we just we loved having you on the show.
Speaker 2: We loved having you as our prop Master.
Speaker 3: You were so creative and so fun and like brought such you and Steve brought such great energy to the set.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, well it was a great guy, but we felt appreciate it. So that makes it makes you work have more fun, work just as hard and and you guys were fun to hang around with.
Speaker 4: So that was fun. And uh so that makes for our top three shows. They about push up the top two.
Speaker 2: Cool, okay, okay, so ahead of Jackson. Oh okay, take it. We're moving ahead. We're moving up in the raven I like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, thank you so much for joining us. Guys really really appreciate it, and it was so good to see you and enjoy your lovely Ashland Oregon life.
Speaker 2: The retired retirement of the Tucks, the Yellow Tucks.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Great to see. That was so fun. That was so fun.
Speaker 3: He is so yeah, he's hilarious and quick and now that like he's like, oh yeah, I wanted.
Speaker 2: To be a writer. I'm like, I can absolutely see that. I can totally see that too.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, he's he's just got one of those brains that is ultra creative and constantly going yeah, constantly going yep.
Speaker 3: That was so much fun and and like hearing about you know, it's always fun to hear stories of like the movies that we know, you know, Tombstone or whatever.
Speaker 2: Then you're like, yeah, it was always fun to like, wait was it? What was it really like? Give us the insight scoop? Yeah, oh cool.
Speaker 3: The behind the scenes drama and I had Yeah, I forgot that you guys were I knew you guys were paying the Gibbler show, but I didn't realize that then it was going to turn into something else.
Speaker 1: I know, it's one of those sliding door missed opportunities, but hey, never say never could that's true, Right, it's been ten years.
Speaker 3: Maybe we spend ten years now something, right, although I wonder if it's ten years from the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I never figured that out, if it was ten years from the start or from the rap.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say from the start, I'm going to I'm going to make a legal decision here and say you're entitled to do it, and if someone sues you.
Speaker 2: I don't know it. Yeah, I'll be like I'd just avow all knowledge. I thought it was a good idea, Like I don't I don't. I'm not a member of the bar. Yeah don't.
Speaker 3: I have no legal oblik and apparently even if you do these days, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no more rules. There's no more rules, Las Schmas. Who cares think of your own rules? Yeahah, yeah, it's great, it's going well all right.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you guys so much for joining us for another really fun interview with Jim falcon Scene. We love you, Tannerito's. Thank you for listening. If you want to find us on Instagram, you can check us out at how Rude podcast or email us at how Rude Tanerto's at gmail dot com if you got questions, if you have suggestions, you know, we do fun fan episodes sometimes fan mail.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that, so uh yeah, give.
Speaker 3: Us a shout out, and also make sure that you're following and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it. Give us some ratings, uh and yeah, just uh you know, you can get all the newest ones as soon as they come out if you're subscribed, so make sure you do that and we will see you next time. Because remember you, guys, the world is small. The house is full of yellow tuxedos.
Speaker 2: M full said he didn't wear it today.
Speaker 3: I'm a low key clauset fulls of tuxedos.
Speaker 2: It's in a loose sight box. It needs to be hanging up like a museum tea. Yeah, like Elvis's jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the like at the hard Rock you know cafe that's full full suit. All right, well we're going to petition him for it. Let's this next step on the list.
Speaker 2: We could dress the Sea Pappy in the yellow texedo. Here we go, crossover everyone's been waiting for. Yep, alright, you guys, see you next time.