Speaker 1: Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pigs. Sign up for Prize Pigs today and use that promo code leading Off. When you do. It's me Joey P. That of course is the Welsh, and what an amazing day here to come here and talk about historic choheo tani stuff. A little bittersweet because, as y'all might know, this is the last Leading Off of July for me, because it turns out that the trade deadline is not just for players, it's also for hosts. I'm officially being traded to betting pros and Fantasy pros for the remainder of the baseball season. This is a little emotional for me. I want to thank the Welsh, and I want to thank everybody here at Leading Off, and a shout out to Ethan who helped me take out a full page print Dad in the paper case you'd be it from Leading Off. Joey P bids farewell to Leading Off again. If you're just a listener of the show, I beg you to go over to the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MO being watch today's show so you can see this amazing graphic. It is incredible, and yes it's true, Casey Bubba will be returning who everybody loves. Casey Bubba one of the contributors to the Black Book. One of our people here fantasy pros and we love so much, good personal friend of.
Speaker 2: Our Please read the I don'tuary, but it's like this, it's not individual.
Speaker 1: I will read it later because I know live, yeah, live, so we'll read it later. But again, I'm so proud of what we've done here. I want you to continue to support the show with Welsh at the reins because he does a phenomenal job. Welsh'll be doing a lot of football stuff for us too. A lot of things happening here, but Welsh, let's talk about Shoeltani because a lot of stuff happening yesterday. Mike Mahyer didn't start him yesterday in his league where data transactions with the double header, and neither did you, which is great, which makes it even better that this happened. So shoe Atani not one but two on runs in Game two after throwing a complete game shutout. It's the first time in the history of baseball that's ever happen. And some way through a shutout in a double lader and then hit two home runs in Game two. And then, by the way, how strange was it, Welsh that you saw him leave the game with a cramp when he grabbed his side. Did you not think it was an obliqu because I thought it was an oblique and I thought, oh my god, oh my god, I made this happens.
Speaker 2: All it had everything we had because and by the way, the Mayor thing was Mayor and I both had single move leagues, and we didn't put him in as a pitcher. We left him in a U. We were both so we were both sitting there in the chat like and then we got the two homers. So it had everything, the offense, the pitching, and then the injury. I mean, because the Massachus in all of us was like, what if he gets hurt after they made the move?
Speaker 1: What if it happens?
Speaker 2: I asked this question, We'll do it quick I asked this question to the CBS guys last night. This feat complete game, one hit, eight strikeout, plus two homers. When you think about the pantheon of baseball accomplishments, do you think this is bigger? Or I will do it quickly or the cycle.
Speaker 1: Oh, this, this is more impressive because the cycle's four at bats where everything goes your way. This is incredible.
Speaker 2: This or a no hitter this.
Speaker 1: This is harder. Again, this is harder. I think this or perfect or perfect game that is more unlikely, But I think this is harder. It's harder in the sense that you're asking somebody to do something so extraordinary and then to have the stamina to pitch a game and then go out there afterwards and take four at bats and hit two them runs. It's absurd. He is the greatest baseball player that ever lived, and you're all getting to watch him. I'm not saying he's the most prolific yet, but he's the greatest to ever play this game because nobody has been dominant the way he has not. Babe Ruth, you can talk about six hundred home runs, whatever it is. I don't want to talk about seven to fourteen. I don't want to talk about all these things. I'm just saying, if you had a draft right now and you had to take one person in the history of baseball for your for your baseball team to start it with, why wouldn't you take the guy who's a dominant picture in a dominant here.
Speaker 2: Sure, put up, put up Pedro's comment, Hey, I'm gonna do it in my Alice Jones voy government's in here letting us know that aliens are we watch shown.
Speaker 1: Alien good stuff. I like, I like that those And yes, everyone's going to continue to support the Welsh obviously when I'm gone. And by the way, we're moving to a Monday Wednesday Friday schedule, so set yourself accordingly. Tuesday Thursdays. The boys are taking some days off leading off. Will be here Monday, Wednesday Friday, same bad time, same bad channel. We're not going away. We're just restructuring a little bit because it's that time of year where we have to. But we're not abandoning you. So many places, you know, they just abandoned baseball coverage, We're not going to do that to you here. Fantasy pros, We're never gonna do that to you here. And it's an amazing opportunity that we've got to do all this, But I mean, really on hold so much at one.
Speaker 2: Time, and this is on our amazing list because if they if they show out even harder, then you know, there's nothing bigger for next year, or there's no reason. We're not going to be bigger, better for next year. And you know, the more that you're here, the more that I can stay here, it would be great.
Speaker 1: I've also been Sy's way, crushing it. Joe as de Lee before the Angels prove him wrong one hundred percent right, Whips has got it.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to try to find a way. I have a few things in mind of how to keep Joe like fresh with us, so we can keep him with us a little bit, not just talking about bald heads, looking at Bubba's bald head. But we can keep going.
Speaker 1: But yet, well that's a good way. And Bubba's so great, and Bubba's so passionate, and I've done shows with Bubba. We used to do a daily DFS show together for a year and like Bubba's here, he's been part of the Fancy Bros. Family writing for stuff. Welsh has been working with him, so again, great stuff here. We've also got a trade. My Mets traded to the Marlins, so here we go in division. Trades don't matter, So the Mets deal closer David Robertson to the Miami Marlins, of all teams for infielder Marco Vargas and catching prospect Ronald Hernandez. Now, Vargas is interesting. He is again posting an eight ninety nine ohps over thirty three games. He's only eighteen years old. So he's just the boy. He's just the lad. He's at rookie level. He's a baby. Brooks Raley was the guy that actually took over for the save opportunity yesterday. So Welsh is Brooks the guy going forward?
Speaker 2: He might be, He might be, He might be the guy that you want to put a little bit of fab on. I think you have to at this moment, if you're doing it like right now, you got to speculate an out of Vino as well. But I think out of Vino I think you might have even said this, I don't even might get traded too, so you think so, yeah, I think you should probably put you know, your eggs in both those baskets because really might be the guy, because I think they could because out of Vino is just a free agent writer for this year, so it's a rental for anybody, and I think they will move him. So I would actually personally, if I'm doing it, I'm prioritizing really right now, I would go in on that if I'm looking for some saves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, understandably so, so get in now make these moves. Godai Senga in that same game, by the way, gave up one run over six innings, no decision. Josiah Gray was really good in that game too. Josiah Gray, I think has had a very underappreciated season twenty five years old. Now excuse me, three twenty seventy ra The whip is still a little high at one point four to one, but one hundred and two strikeouts and one hundred and eighteen innings fifty four walks, Like this is a guy. I feel like that's a good long term investment. Like I could see next year him taking another step, and as this team eventually brings up some of these prospects that are going to hit here, you could see Gray being a really interesting Dynasty by low Right now, I think that's a kid that I take on the cheap, and I think in dynasty leagues, Josiah Gray is a target of mine because I think it is a kid that you could see he's got that pitchability, he's got that factor of what made him a big time prospect, and I could see in two years from als going man, Josiah Gray turned out to be a pretty solid fantasy pitcher. What are your pitcher, What are your thoughts on acquiring him in dynasty leagues right now?
Speaker 2: I think Gray could get it. Greg's a really smart pitcher. I think Gray could end up being like a Mitch Keller, Like you know how we see Mitch Keller who's with the Pirates, and it comes up and down a little bit. Like He's a little bit up and down. Streaky, but very smart pitcher, good spin stuff. I wish he was on another team. I think it would be more exciting if he were almost anywhere else. But he's still a great person to buy in. I think there's a lot of these worst team good pitchers to buy in on right now, just to see what happens and see how the team redevelops. Gray would be in that group like treeque Schools like my number one by for next guy, good.
Speaker 1: Interesting pitchers, young enough to make strides, but already pitching at the big leagues on bad teams. Yeah, because those teams won't be bad forever theoretically, although I've said that about the Tigers for a certain five But we'll get to that in a second. Another trade, This one was predicted last week on the show. Well, actually, I think it was pretty good this week by me. When Carlos Santana had that with that Towo home game, whatever he had, I said, that guy's going. He's definitely going. And where did he go in division? That's right, the Pirates send him to the Brewers. It's a good addition for him. I think the Brewers did well here. Santana, a veteran batt gets on base. That's been a problem with times for that offense, So a good move there. Ten Or Bobby three runs over six and two third for win over the White Sox. Some injury news, well, ssh to get to Brandon Woodruff allowed one run in four innings yesterday in his minor leg rehab start. Starling Marte still not close to returning. I think a second opinion with the Migraines. This stinks for the Mets though, because this was a piece that I think a lot of teams will be interested in. Marte is a guy with power, with speed, with the ability to get hot and go on a real dominant run. So I don't know if a team's still willing to trade for a guy with a migraine issue, but I think I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so, They're just gonna have to move. They're gonna move Kana and and then that leads to Ronnie Maricio coming back up. So again, what is the speculates I'm Runnie Mauricio for time, but yeah, they're there's you know, the the buy sell market is so weird right now, Like I didn't expect the Marlins to be buyers. You know. We we did an IL show yesterday talking about and speculating all the teams and I wasn't really even thinking about it, and we talked about the Red Sox and someone was kind of like I would the Red Sox blah blah blah. They're better record than Diamondbacks, and it was like, but also their fourth in the division and they just sold off. Like It's very strange what the movement of teams are and how many teams are really sellers, and just how much more aggressive I think teams need to be if they want to get into this buying market right now, because the Marlins are out punching people right now, which is weird.
Speaker 1: Mauricio, by the way, roster In just twenty six percent of leagues right now. Yeah, I mean he's a great twenty percent of them right now are dynasty only. Like that's that's the whole point. Zach Eflin could make his next start off. The MRI on his knee didn't reveal anything, made sure, that's good. Did I tell you this? So the last thing I can I can tell you didn't tell me because you're exited about it, and.
Speaker 2: I would I told somebody, but I must have told a bogg couldn't have been me. So the trade video, I did my final trade video doing those all year. I hope you guys enjoyed those. We did waivers and Joe and I did wade.
Speaker 1: Because the trade deadlines come to an end. Here this is the end game of baseball season here exactly.
Speaker 2: We're still here for you. But this was like guys to target for the end of the year. And I'll tell you guys this because he's not the video. I put Zach Efflin in the video and then as I got finished, I was like, Aha, look at me, I'm all done, done for the year. Here he goes, here go editors. Zach Eflin gets hurt, he got shelled and then got hurt, and I went, we gotta take him out. We gotta take him out. But to the point prior to the injury here, yeah, well, I'm committed to it. Prior to the injury, he got a point three to one walk per nine over the last thirty days and had the number one war among all pictures. His CA percentage was going up. The win loss I think was keeping him maybe down a tiny bit more. But he had just been so good and just one of those guys that is not viewed in the upper range of pictures. I'm saying all this to say that injury brought him back down a little bit because he got banged up a little bit. He was on a tear. I know, I gotta get him for dirt cheap at my fantasy deadline. I would take the risk right now because he was in the video, But I took him out because he got hurt, and that would just be silly.
Speaker 1: But we're going back, yes, and so everybody knows. I will probably resign again with leading off in January, probably, I think so. I mean, I think it's a pretty good chance. Could you know where else would I want to be? You know? So I'm gonna go be the hired gun for football season. But don't worry everybody, I'll be back.
Speaker 2: Let's go want me you gotta stay if you want me back too.
Speaker 1: By the way, Barron Buckston's back speaking of people being back too, so now he gives them back and strike out five times today. I can't wait. Can we talk about Tray Cabbage? I could come. I want to talk about Tray Cabbage because Tray Cabage twenty six years old, Triple A this year two eighty seven, batting average, three fifty eight OVP five to seventy six, slugging, twenty three bombs and twenty four steals. Where did Tray Cabbage come from? This ball? He's got nine Major league games under his belt. Are you picking up the cabbage?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The cabbage is actually.
Speaker 1: Trying to harvest the cabbage. I've been waiting my whole life to say that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I want to harvest the cabbage.
Speaker 2: I don't like that one a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, love it.
Speaker 2: Trey Cabbage to me is very similar to like Christian Walker some years back. If you remember, Christia Walker was like twenty seven, twenty six, twenty seven going into Triple A. This is obviously a much older play who's drafted in twenty fifteen. He had been in the miners for eight years. That would put probably seven full season years.
Speaker 1: Huge hard hit, wasn't that Wit mirrorfield too. He was in the miners forever. Some of those guys all the hit, nobody thought he would do ever sustained, and then he was an All Star for a couple of years. I mean, this does happen. It's not. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: This is Christian Walker to me though, because it like but Walker I had better played discipline. But this year, every single night, if you do the Baseball Savant like game feed for minor leaguers, which you can do every single night in the miners, it's one hundred and sixteen, one hundred and fifteen by a cabin. He is absolutely smacking the ball. The problem is he's got a forty K rate in the majors right now. He's a k liability. He's not the best contact hitter. He's just a huge power guy. It's kind of like the Jared Walsh stuff, like maybe Jared Walsh had a little bit more contact less power. He gets zipped out DFA. They're going to just give cabbage a run for the rest of the year. He's just a great speculative power by in this lineup. I'm totally cool with it for maybe deeper leagues. I don't know about twelve because I think the k's are going to be a problem. But he is a total pop up name that's probably just sitting out there for you.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 2: I And in the long line of food based players, I'm very interested in food based players. Bog and I have been having these discussions about players with food names, and.
Speaker 1: He is who comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Man, it's it just completely went out my brain because there's David Frye. So there's David Frye.
Speaker 1: Who's up with Jeff Frye also too with another fry.
Speaker 2: Yep, we have fries and they all escaped me right now. Mia Ham, Okay, well, I'm taking baseball players. If we want to have a very open Thanksgiving here, we can have lots and lots of Julius peppers.
Speaker 1: We need, you know, there's a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Chat come in the chat with the baseball ones. Buckman and I did this. We had like almost a whole meal.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Jake Berger. Jake Berger was one of the biggest reasons behind it. So you've got Jake Berger, we had fry and there's others. So put your food based players in and.
Speaker 1: There you go. All right, let's continue on here. Three up and three down. Speaking of Jake Berger too, homers yesterday. He's up to twenty four Welsh. I didn't have twenty four BOMs for Jake Berger on my Bengo guard, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: It's exciting playing second base. He played second base yesterday. He is the White Sox Max months yees.
Speaker 1: After the trade deadline, he's gonna have to go go throw three or four innings because these guys are gonna be gone. Taylor Ward homer twice too, just for my last day. Thanks Taylor Ward, you could suck on it. Hunter Renfell, by the way, with Celco six for nine with a homer and the doubleheader. Good day for all the Angels. And I mean, well, I still can't get over when he was grabbing his side there, I literally I felt so physically. Ut I just felt like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Was doing a show with Bagman and he goes Otani just grabbed his whatever, and I'm like, oh my god, this is this is the nightmare. Of nine, it would have been bunny, but it's hilarious, the most chaotic twenty four hours of Like, the team doesn't get rid of him, sells to minor league guys to get more players. He has a historic day and then gets hurt. You couldn't have scripted it would be a black mirror episode for I.
Speaker 1: Mean, from for ten seconds, let's live in the moment that that happened. Bill Plashki wrote a great article if you haven't go see it, it's on the La Times, Bill Plaski's great sports writers, about what a disastrous idea this is. Basically, he basically was obviously he's a fan of the show. When he's hurt me basically wrote a giant article of the La Times about why this is such terrible idea, what they're doing, and why this short term, you know, catering to the moment is going to long term set this organization back further. And he's one hundred percent right, But oh my god, that that horrible, terrible ten seconds of him grabbing his side at the edd. I just can't get over it.
Speaker 2: But you know, the only thing I meant to ask you yesterday, the only thing we've never discussed in this what if it works, Like this is a hail Mary shot to bring him back. What if it worked they got to the playoffs and they won under O Tawny and they were able to re sign him based off of all that, What if you had a two percent chance to bring him back as the maybe the greatest player we've ever seen in baseball? Isn't it worth more to take that two percent chance that you could instead of a one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't Little Giants, this isn't the sand lot, this isn't Mighty Ducks. This is real life. And yeah, sometimes that stuff happens, but baseball is trickier, the gauntlet of the playoffs of baseball. With a rotation, you need to be really good the three deep and a bullpen that's really reliable and proven. That's been a lot. Look, I want I told you I want it to be because I think it'd be. I want to see Sho hail Tani play in the World Series. I think that is going down. My ratings for that would be off the charts. I'm here for it. I want it to happen. I'm just the cranky old guy that's telling you they're going to live to regret this decision. That's all.
Speaker 2: I have an idea. If the Angels make the playoffs, you and I do a live stream during the episode. We'll get we'll figure it out. Oh you're the game of the episode. Yeah, while the game is going on, you're we're a companion broadcast as they've made the playoffs if they make the playoffs, because they'll probably play in like a you know, like what is it the play in game or whatever, like, you and I will do a live stream during what during that game if they make the playoffs? Can you agree to that?
Speaker 1: I will absolutely agree to that because I think that would be super fun. Sorry, yes, yes, let's go. Let's do it. Let's also do the downs. Dylan Cease he could be gone to four runs, five and two thirds and lost to the Guardians. Matt Manning we just talked about yesterday. He got his doors, blowing off seven runs in five innings against the Angels, and set your watch to it. Javier by as over four to three. K's chef's kiss. Thank you, Javier. Now before we get into the prize picks, now, I know that everybody's joined us again. Leading off, starting Monday Casey Bubba will indeed be here. The trade is confirmed. It has happened. It'll be a Monday show, a Wednesday show, a Friday show with the Welsh running the show Bubba. So he's just gonna switch it. It'll be a bald guy in that square in this square. This square, it's like opposite. Yeah, in this square there will be a bald guy. Well, sh'll be over in this square where I am here. But again, I wanted to take out an ad in the player's tribune. Do you want to read this in the old timey voice? Should we do this? They say?
Speaker 3: In baseball things must come to an end, And unfortunately that day as a rive. Robert Loved podcast host Joey P as the sun sets out his illustrious career covering MLB on leading Off in twenty twenty three week, can only help but feel a mixture of sadness and excitement for the journey that lies ahead. Today mark's the final show of the season, but fil not baseball fans, as our show must go on with fresh new lineup for countless mornings. Joey P's voice has filled the airwaves, weaving his love and passion for the game with the.
Speaker 1: Hearts of his audience. So there you go. You can read more on page three, but again, I'll hopefully.
Speaker 2: That's where you mentioned me and you talk about all the great stuff I've done, Joe.
Speaker 1: I just asked Ethan to do this thing and shout out to Ethan for doing it on short notice in like an hour, and it looks fantastic and it's hilarious and it's funny because I'm screaming and it's back to football. But it's it's not like I even't stopped doing football, but everybody knows betting Pros were doing amazing stuff there. This year, we're gonna be doing a dedicated NFL show five days a week. Go subscribe to Betting Pros NFL. It's going to be just like this. It's going to be a show where we talk NFL, we talk about betting. It's gonna be a community. It's gonna be some live stuff in there too. So if you're a big fantasy person, if you're a big betting person, if you just love football, it's gonna be a great channel and stay here because again, we're not abandoning baseball and fantasy pross, just changing and You know what else is something that never changes. It's always going to be here for you. I don't price picks. Sign up for prize picks today. Use that promo code leading off. When you do get one hundred percent to pauseit, match up to one hundred dollars. Well, pick some prizes for the people.
Speaker 2: All right, God, we have got to go out with a bang with Joe leaving for at least this season here. So I'm going to go with a big strikeout total one. I'm going with the Gossman Lucas g Aledo strikeout combo. I think Lucas Giolito is gonna come out swanging in this one. I also don't hate the strikeout individually, but Gossman angels. That's kind of a match made in strikeout heaven. Go with gi Aledo thirteen and a half. It's a huge number, but you're talking about averaging seven apiece, very doable here, and then fantasy scores Julio at seven and a half up against Tommy Henry m and Corbyn Carroll because Corbyn Carroll. So those are going to be my three for this bad boy.
Speaker 1: I think it would be funny if if Bubba cast a miss a show. Then maybe you do have cousin Donnie on who knows very little about baseball. But if we can keep them clean, maybe as a guest spot, maybe one day could be I don't know, we'll see prize picks for me Brox and Garrett. Five and a half pitcher strikeouts over against the t Grays, Max suers are against his old team, six strikeouts over against the Nats, and Mookie bets all over us today going out with a bang eight and a half hitter fantasy score. There you have it. Some bets for today, the Rays, Twins, and Yankees on the money line. You could put them all together get a better number, or bet them individually. But my favorite thing to do is go with the Coal over on the strikeouts and the Yankees to win against the Orioles. I know they're playing the Orioles and the Eros have been really good and Grayson Rodriguez is pitching on the other side, but I'm gonna put my faith in Coal. Yankees are frustrating, still waiting on return news. By the way, we still haven't heard anything about Judge yet. If that breaks, it.
Speaker 2: Was actually available on price picks today.
Speaker 1: Funny I know I saw that, and I was like, yeah, let's tick the under before. He doesn't play a lot on Welsh. What do you have betting lives for the good people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd have to actually play. So one of my favorite bets. It's already in the betting pros group. I made it last night. I made a couple of these bets to lock them in. Houston Tampa Bay total runs through the first five over, and it's McClanahan and Javier, but both have been given up runs lately. I actually like this one a pretty decent amount to get the over four and a half, so essentially betting on five runs through the first five Houston Tampa Bay. I'm also got a little hits parlay for you, Corby Carroll Mookie bets just to get a hit. It's just a tiny bit under one to one, so you're paying a little bit of juice for it, but it's too good. And then I'm going with one of my first three innings. I'm going with the Mets and the Nationals through the first three innings to score less than two and a half runs. That one was even money last night. I like that one. Mackenzie Gore on the back half of after the first time through the rotation gets a lot worse. I think you got Schreersuer in there. So I'm very much about this one through essentially going through the first lineup and just mowing them down. So under two and a half runs for that. Those are my three bets for today. Let's rock it.
Speaker 1: I'm getting sentimental now. People are saying nice things in the chat ye again, and you know I love all these people.
Speaker 2: Everyone should know. I also kind of fought a little bit to try to convince Joe to but it's out of his sting.
Speaker 1: The other thing, too, is what happens in August is this, folks, is that my kids are off from school for another month. Here. July is always very busy doing baseball and football shows and betting shows. I've been doing MMA shows lately. I've been doing soccer shows. I'm doing all kinds of crazy things. I need a little time, a little reset from my brain and spend some time with the kiddos and family and doing some things like that in August so that I'm ready for what comes in, you know, fall, which is wall to wall football. As we all know. I mean that moves the needle here more than anything else. So it's good. I need a little break otherwise I get burned out. But I'm gonna miss all of you. I am so proud of this channel. This is the little engine that could, And the only reason it does is because of the Welsh, and because of Kelly Kirby, and because of Mike maher sorta, and because of all of you. It's the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks. It's the Cody's, it's the Richies, it's the Lee's, it's the you know, the Survivors. There's all of you out there who the JP's, I mean, you know who you are, Lee, all these folks that would join us every single day here Fetacini, Alfredo, Cousin, Donnie like It's it's such a fun group. And I always said this. I think the community is just important. The content is important, the entertainment's important. And all of you guys and gals who meet here every day or listen to the show on the podcast version. People said this could not be done with a baseball show. We said, yes, it can give us a couple of years to prove it. And to blames credit and Fantasy Pro's credit, they Chris's credit They've let us try and we've crushed it, and you golf crushed it, and I want to keep crushing it the rest of the season. And I can't wait. I'm hoping that Welsh gets some a Arizona Fall League stuff for you guys in the off season here on the.
Speaker 2: Actually I want to announce it here, but I had there. There might be more off season baseball stuff that you guys haven't had the past because I'm around, So we'll announce that when we get closer. Everything is good, everything's it's all good.
Speaker 1: Dash it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Continuing on here, don't forget also speaking good times. You know it, I know it. So rare MLB. It's fantasy, it's free, it's card. It's fantasypros dot Com slash collect join. Now look at that show, hel Tani. Hurry, get your show, Heltani a card as the Angels before it becomes the Dodgers of the Yankees next year or whatever the heck gets are going to become. The Mets are gonna spend a Steve Cohen after disappointing season and a lot on a big checkbook. Who knows he might go out and sign Sodo and you just say, screw it, I'm gonna have a five hundred million dollar pay roll. I just don't care. It's not impossible.
Speaker 2: How much do you have to pay, by the way, for that penalty, like another five hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: What does he care? Yeah? I get if I was the Mets owner and I had an unlimited money and money was not an object. I haven't seen a World Series since I was eight years old. I mean, why not, I'd be like, okay, I mean I would hire you as general manager. I hire Nick Pollock too. He's a good baseball mind. And maybe EO we get EO in we get a little brain trust. How fun would that be if I was the owner of a team, we get a bunch of Really, You'd be the prospect guy. Nick would be the pitching guru. Ino would be the numbers guy. And then you know, I'd go hire Joey Vado.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: O oh of an organization, we'd have all right DFS pitchers. There's a lot of them today, So stay with me. Zach Wheeler is not pitched well, so I'm fading him at ten six. He's pitched well. The Philly let me rephrase the Phillies are struggling offensively. The last week of casting Gatilson, Shoreber, they have slugging percentages under two hundred. It's a horrendous situation right now. Braxic Garrett nine point six. More intriguing. Kevin Gosman in that same game on the other side of Wheeler ten point nine. More intriguing to me. Sunday Grade at ten point one. I just wonder about the offense putting up runs. Shane McClanahan nine point nine. You can go against Avier, I think that's fine. Jordan Montgomery maybe his last start at nine point four. I'm in for that one, and I'm in for Musgrove at nine point eight. So Musgrove, McClanahan, and Montgomery, the three Ms, those are the ones I'm really focusing on today. I think they have the best opportunity Stacks, Mets, Braves, Dodgers Values Crawford at the top of that order for Seattle, Tyler O'Neil in the middle of it for the Cardinals, and Max Kepler two point eight in the middle for the Minnesota Twinkies. My home run call in perpetuity. It's not gonna be Altani as fun as that would be. That's kind of that's two passe. I'm not gonna do that. Let's go with Matt Olson instead, go with Matt Olsen and the Braves to just keep rolling. That's gonna be my dude for the weekend and going forward. Welsh, who's your home run call for the day? What do you have?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go over for the weekend. I'm gonna rock with Ronald same team. Yeah, there you go, all brave, all razor at the top of that home run boards, at the top thirty eight of all the people want cart there. I'm still not it's lame again.
Speaker 1: Still plenty of time. August is a reset. Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat go premium today, Fantasypros dot Com slash Premium, join the home run channel, win yourself some swag. Next year, we're gonna have some shirts made up, some fun things. It's gonna be a good time. We've got a.
Speaker 2: Fantasy Pros logo to gonna neat to you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, new logo. This will be gone. We'll have a new one here. I'll figure out which direction to point in on the YouTube channel. But shout out to my boy the Welsh who again, can't do the show without you. I am blessed that every single day of my life I get to hang out with my friends and talk sports. I've earned that over a decade and a half of work and pain and sweat and tears and blood and all that stuff. But it's still pretty great and I acknowledge that, and I guess shout out to the Welsh, an incredible fantasy baseball guy, incredible host, incredible sports guy. I can't wait to be back and do more of this with you. I am excited for Bubba, I'm excited for all of you, and again, just this is such a blessing to show. Keep supporting the show, Keep supporting this channel. Fantasy pros MLB over on YouTube. Click the little bell to let ghos ding Because I well said, some offseason stuff is going to be brewing this year. That's something we've never done, and that's something we're going to really start to do and I think it's really exciting. So again, shout out to all of you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. But of course, the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p Enjoy the trade deadline, Enjoy the MLB season. We got you cover here at Fantasy Pros. We'll see you soon. Kids, Love you, Joey