Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios.
Speaker 2: Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Radio.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report. Your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stenevek with Lisa Mateo. We're joined by Bloomberg News U.S. equities reporter Matthew Griffin.
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt. Hey, Tim, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Good. So far, so good. How are the stocks looking today?
Speaker 4: Well, we can start off with one that's doing pretty well. That is Salesforce ticker CRM. It's actually up 22% and trading at levels not seen since January after the company gave investors a couple things to chew on that are soothing these AI disruption fears. So you had Their revenue outlook for the current quarter, $ 11. 5 billion, was above expectations. You also have this deal with Anthropic to integrate Salesforce's products into the Cloud Chatbot. And then another thing, you have the expectation for $ 1. 5 billion of revenue from the AgentForce AI tool this year. It all adds up to soothe, again, some of these what... we sometimes call the SaaSpocalypse fears. And their CEO, Mark Benioff, actually spoke to this on the earnings call. He got right into it. He said, the SaaSpocalypse is nonsense. Now, I don't think investors are fully giving him the benefit of the doubt on that yet. Shares are still down on a year-to-date basis, but this definitely helps.
Speaker 2: I saw the SaaSpocalypse.
Speaker 1: I was like, how do you say that?
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. You cleared it up for me. I have a feeling you're going to stay on the AI theme with HPQ.
Speaker 4: Yes, and here we're seeing maybe one of the dark sides of the AI rally in the broader market, which is these higher memory prices, because there's so much demand for memory chips. And today, HP Inc., that's ticker HPQ, down 4.5% after they. Reported that their unit shipments had fallen 16% in the PC business. The connection there is they've had to raise their prices in conjunction with those memory chips going up in price. And so even as revenue grew overall in the PC business, even as they gave generally good overall results and an outlook, investors are worried about what those higher prices are going to mean in.
Speaker 1: The long run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if we think about it just from the consumer perspective, it means higher prices for us for certain products. I mean, look no further than what Apple announced earlier this summer. that they're going to be raising prices and they have raised prices on certain products. We'll wait to see what the new iPhone tells us in September when we expect that to be unveiled and the price there, but yeah, prices are going up because this, these components are going up.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 4: And I've been thinking about getting a new phone and just kind of waiting nervously to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm due for a new one. So I'm going to be, I know I'm going to be paying up. I probably have an older one than you, Matt.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I kind of hold onto these things for a long time. All right. Uh, are we going to get a burger? What's going on here?
Speaker 4: Well, investors in Wendy's, indeed, they might need a hamburger to cheer them up. That's ticker W-E-N, down 14% after a report from Reuters that Nelson Peltz's Tryon Fund Management currently has no plans to make a bid for the fast food chain. The reason that matters is there had been a report earlier this month that Tryon was planning a bid in. Coordination with some other investors. And now that you don't have that sort of takeout premium floor in the valuation, investors have to focus on the fundamentals here. That's six straight quarters of declining comparable sales. That's analyst expectations for those declines to continue. They do have a new CEO. We'll see if they can turn things around on their own. But right now, investors are not happy. And didn't the shares kind of spike up earlier in August because they thought this was going to happen?
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: I mean, this looked like a relatively attractive takeout target, kind of beleaguered stock. And again, now they're kind of on their own. Bloomberg Intelligence actually said that... Those same store sales metrics, they could improve under the new leadership team, even without a bid. But this stock, it had been green year to date after that, the earlier report. And now today, back in the red, down 6% in 2026.
Speaker 3: An entire discussion of Wendy's and no mention of a square burger patty.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it. Square burger over at Wendy's. Matthew Griffin, U.S. equities reporter for Bloomberg News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.