Speaker 1: Show me the money.
Speaker 2: Oh Hevanralik and his terrible mustache is joining us right now from the athletic Evan. Yeah, I guess that's surfer Die skater Die. I don't know what you're going for. It's not definitely not super Troopers. We'll just we'll say that, Okay. Yesterday it was announcing New York Yankees reached a deal with Apollo Sports Capital. We're investing two point six billion in the parent company the New York Yankees. What do you say on this, Evandralic?
Speaker 3: And does it how much?
Speaker 2: This means the Yankees are worth ten plus billion because they can only invest a certain amount right into a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Private equity groups are limited in how much they can invest into a single team. It's one group can have no more than fifteen percent of a single team, and you cannot have more than thirty percent between multiple firms for one team. This is a little bit complicated because the transaction, the two point six billion dollars is an investment in the parent company of the Yankees. It's called Yankee Global Enterprises, so that includes the Yankees, but it is not only the Yankees. That parent company has a slice in ac Milan NYCFC, another soccer team. They operate some of the Yes network. So what my reporting showed two sources who said this values the Yankees themselves at close to ten billion dollars. So that might ultimately be nine points something billion, which is somewhat in line with one of the public projections I think with Sportico in the spring peg the Yankees at nine point four billion. What's the bottom line here. It gives the Yankees some cash. It is an infusion of money for what is still ultimately a family run team. And a lot of times now these family run teams, the only place you can kind of turn is to what's called institutional investors, the private equity firm. And we're seeing it across baseball. We're seeing it across the other leagues, the continued interests that these private equity groups have in getting their hand into the pot that keeps growing in baseball.
Speaker 4: All right, stay with me here, we're gonna put on this We're gonna put on this hat.
Speaker 3: There was this idea.
Speaker 4: That when Trek Scuba went to the Dodgers across the league that a small market team like the Detroit Tigers are allowing the Dodgers to go out and win so they can hopefully get a lockout in a salary cap. Now you have a team like the New York Yankees, are they flexing on the other owners because there is this idea that the lockout is Yes, it's between the owners and the players, but there's a lot of different layers of ownership group somewhat the salary cap. Teams like the Yankees in a big market probably don't want the salary cap. Is this an idea of the Yankees flexing and being like, we don't want a salary cap? This is actually and they're kind of in order for a private equity team to invest in them, they have to open the books so they know this team is profitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much they open the books is an interesting question because Rob Manford at the All Star Game you're talking to reporters said that they're very limited in the information they give. Obviously, there's got to be some information that flows, But to the larger question, is this flexing. I spent a lot of yesterday trying to sort through kind of the dueling narratives of this. On one side, you've got I talked to Joel Wolfe to Scott Boris, you to top agents who are saying, look, this shows the health of the business. If the Yankees are getting two point six billion dollars or the parent company the Yankees is getting that amount of money, things are going pretty good. It's hard to sneeze at that amount of money. And then on the other side you have people who will say, well, you know, the fact that they needed or wanted the cash at all, what does that tell you? And also if still if you look out a the NBA and the NFL, these franchises are valued higher. And then today we have news that the Lakers are being sold now for twelve billion, which is you know, the Lakers, I believe the highest valued franchise in the NBA. Could be wrong on that, and the Yankees still are the highest valued franchise in baseball. And so you have the basketball one trading at higher than the baseball one. It's a feeling on the ownership side that yeah, this is this is good, but it could be better. And that's the argument for a cap that they're making is not necessarily that it's bad, although some people do try to swing it that way, but that it could be a lot better. That if you look at the other leagues. It should it should be even more than this. And then on the player side, it's you guys are doing fine. What are you talking about? Your valuation is now close to ten billion dollars? What are you complaining about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Evan, does this mean the Yankees are poor?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 6: I just?
Speaker 3: I mean? And what does what role does this change for the Steying in her family?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: How does this change how's role?
Speaker 2: Does Apollo get any stake in making decisions? Or are they just investing cash to try to help the Yankees get out of debt so someone can go buy something a new jet or something. Right, Because I don't a lot of people, including myself, don't know enough about this to understand what this truly means. Can you explain it in you know, polish dumb people terms, please?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The most simple is they they now have more cash on hand. The question, the heart of it, what you're asking, is, well, what do they want that for? And that at this point is a little bit of informed speculation. I talked to some people who have some knowledge of the deal who said that this isn't because there's some big thing coming up, Although it was noted that, look, if you're going to go into a long lockout, doesn't hurt to have more cash on hand. The Yankees do have a lot of debt from the stadium construction, that's still a part of it, and a lot of teams have debt here, and so ultimately, you know, how the Steinbrenner family wants to use this money. Is this to satisfy demands or requests from other members of the family. Sometimes when you have family run teams, you end up with a lot of hands out basically, you know, and sometimes it can lead to teams being sold. Fully, I'm not saying that's going to happen here. There's a lot of reasons it could be, but it doesn't seem that the answer at this point. There's no evidence to this point that the answer is the Yankees are truly cash poor and absolutely needed a liquidity. It could be as simple as they liked the valuation they got. If somebody is willing to pay at your market rate or maybe a little bit above it. In the case of the Yankees, if you're approaching ten billion dollars, you might say, okay, come on in, we'll we'll take that money. Now. The interesting question a little bit is well, if the owners get a salary cap, those values are going to go up. And so if they waited a year year, maybe they could even get more if indeed the owner's got a cap. But that's no promise they get a cap. And part of the appeal right now, if you're a private equity group trying to get involved with baseball, is well, if they get a cap, my investment will go up right away. They they see the earning potential with a cap in the near future. And so you know which of those forces really motivated the Yankees. We just aren't totally sure at this point. But it doesn't seem like they, you know, were unable to write checks or anything like that. Certainly certainly no evidence of.
Speaker 6: That science experiment. For the one minute, we have to tell you about why we love quints electrolytes including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt, just opened it and pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 2: I love quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and It gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free, Stevia free, Keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 6: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u i Ncee dot com slash fu l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns Quinn dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 4: From the player side and the Players Association side, is this great timing because I think franchise values are always kind of implied, but when you actually get concrete evidence the padre selling for what they sold for and then this investment to the Yankees. Is this great timing for the Players Association?
Speaker 1: I think it's it gives a compelling narrative talking point to look the Joe wolfsm Scott or so. I talked to you guys today, to Bruce Meyer, the head of the Union, and I think it should be eye opening to players that this amount of money and these valuations are coming in to club owners. It's kind of an incontrovertible fact that these franchises are worth a lot of money. It doesn't out of hand defeat an argument of well, could it be better? None of this conversation should be around. Is it truly bad? I think it's hard to argue anything that's selling in the billions is bad, even in a relative sense that the owner arguments center on it could be better. The other leagues are are making more. There's something called revenue multiple. So when the NBA and NFL franchises sell, they might sell for ten, eleven, twelve times what they bring in annually, and in baseball that's been six times seven times. And you got the small market owners who will go, well, all right, the Yankees got that, but what about us, you know, the Washington Nationals I believe in. You know, in recent years, their value has, according to the public lists like Forbes, appreciated the least. You know, So even if the Yankees and the Dodgers are doing well. It still kind of fits in with that narrative that they have of the haves and the have nots. But yeah, for the player purposes, for the union purposes to be able to say, there's a lot of money over there, what's the problem. There's certainly some validity to that argument.
Speaker 3: Heavan.
Speaker 2: Every sport has differences. The Lakers sold for twelve billion, Whoever, the next team in the NBA won't sell for that much. So it just depends the Cowboys are worth more than another team, and they're in salary cap leagues. So that that argument is is.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 2: It's going to be made repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, whatever. But how much does this franchise of valuation? How much is that going to factor do you think into the CBA? You kind of hit on a little bit. But isn't this the biggest thing? Because if they do get a salary cap, it'll make their franchise values go more. Then they can borrow against the franchise values to do other things. So how important is this franchise evaluation? And now with the Yankees setting the bar at I guess ten billion ish, you know whatever. However, you want to play with the numbers, right, So how much does this matter in the CBA.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, just to your first point real quick there, Aja, Yeah, you can make an argument that, well, if you wanted a basketball or hockey or basketball or football type of valuation, you should have bought a basketball or football franchise, right, true, And I think there is some tension around even inside of baseball the big markets in the small markets, where when you buy a big market franchise, you are buying the set of rights and grants that come with that big market. And you know this evening of the playing field idea, well Scott wors talks about it a lot, but there's some validity to it. You know, you want to let your best owners run free and have the ability to separate themselves to some degree. But that said, in a cap system, all of the franchises would benefit. And that gets to what you're asking about with with franchise values. If you have fixed labor costs, if you know, going in every year, how much money you're going to spend on labor, and by the league argument, if things are just a little bit more equal and the small markets are kind of propped up a bit. Well, then you know it lifts all the boats. All the franchise values go up. Here when you're talking about a workstoppage and you're talking about potentially missing billions of dollars, you don't miss billions of dollars in revenue unless you think in the long run it will make you billions of dollars and some x number more. And so as much as the league frames everything around competitive balance, it is about money. And if you at a cap, if you're the owners, you make your franchises instantly more valuable. But it's not the easiest thing to say we're going to sacrifice the short term for the long term. Everybody can kind of think that's a nice idea, but there's a lot of pain that it would take to go through with that. But yeah, the franchise values are a central piece of all this. If you remember four five years ago, right after the last CBA, Manford convened this group called the Economic Reform Committee, And what he said last year at a Brave Public Investor invent was that the purpose of that was to look at franchise values. And so it is a like he's the CEO of Baseball, Rob Manford if you're the CEO of baseball, one of your, if not the top concern is what is the worth of the company of the assets, its shareholder value? You know it is. I don't think it's a stretch to say the most important thing.
Speaker 4: All right, I got one final question for you, and to forgive my being naive on this topic, how long has private equity been in the game of baseball? And do you see more teams taking loans from private equity selling shares of private equity? And would it be a bad idea for a small quote unquote small market team to take money from a private equity team, because then we would actually really know what the franchise value is.
Speaker 1: I believe the first year this was allowed in baseball was twenty nineteen. It might have been twenty eighteen, but it was right before the start of the pandemic that Baseball and then the other leagues started to allow private equity in. And you know, they put this cap on it so that they don't theoretically have a lot of sway over or ideally any sway over the ultimate decision making. Right, the pe firm cannot be the controlling partner, you know, the one person vote when they have all the you know, an all thirty club vote. But what could happen over time here is that the leagues could change their rules and say, okay, we'll let somebody in at a higher percentage. Even at this percentage, I think there's some background concern of, well, how will this affect the operation of teams long term? PE gets involved to eventually make money there is there's also some glamour with it. You know, it's kind of a trophy asset for your for your fund if you're involved in it. So it's not apples to apples with everything else that private equity gets involved with. But at some point they're going to want to return, and so that puts pressure on the league to do things like get a salary cap and whatever other ways. You know that the PE firm might say, hey, could we try to make some more money here? You know, should should teams take it? Well? Teams love to make money, uh, and if you can get a cash infusion from an institutional investor, a lot of them are going to go, well why not? This might raise our franchise values. And in a lot of cases now the teams sell for so much that it's not super easy, or as easy as it might have once been, to find people who can afford to buy into these teams as individuals. You know, it almost takes a group of people these days, or at least kind of the help of an institution, to be able to get these deals done. As these things keep climbing and climbing. So yeah, if you want your franchise values to climb, you can. If you can find a PE firm that'll buy it by a slice of your team at a higher rate than you might have otherwise thought you could get, you're probably gonna do it all right.
Speaker 2: Well perfect, we're gonna get Pe to invest in Foul Territory. I heard they're going to put it give us about a billion, Evan, So.
Speaker 3: We're all set. Thanks a, Paula. We love you, guys. We'll talk to you soon. Devan.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Evan, seriously check out more of his work at the Athletic if you want business, baseball, sports, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And but bad mustaches.
Speaker 2: I don't know who told you to do that, Evan, but next time we see you, I'm hoping that it's gone.
Speaker 3: So thanks Evan.
Speaker 1: I live in California now, baby, What else can I tell?
Speaker 2: You perfect, perfect, perfect, Thanks Evan, we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: Let's talk Fabletics, shall we. They have apparel for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about it?
Speaker 1: Krats?
Speaker 8: Well, I have it on right now and I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep stealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt, my son sole one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 6: And if it gets a little bit chillier then it's layering season and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to pull up captroll.
Speaker 9: All right, boy? We needed that one. That was a good game. Welcome back, everybody. Game one hundred and twenty is in the books. The Yankees win this one with an offensive outburst like we have not seen from them in quite a while. Ten runs. They win this one, ten to five. There's a lot of action in this game. This felt like an actual baseball game and not like a soccer match. Pretty fun game. I love the way ESPN was mixing the sound tonight. Normally I'm not an ESPN fan, but the way they put the emphasis in the sound mixing on the bat contact, that was awesome. I mean that was awesome tonight. Just a kudo to their production team. Great night for Spencer Jones, who had, in my opinion, his best night in the Major League so far. He had a really good at pat to before lining a double off the left field wall. He had two hits tonight, two doubles and three RBI, so a very good night for Spencer Jones. Getting more comfortable. We had two home runs tonight from mister Trent Grisham, who is beginning to heat up. I mentioned it before the series that he was hitting the ball harder last night. I mentioned the contact from him has been louder and tonight, the contact was really loud, even with the ESPN cameras boosting it a little bit. Three for five, two home runs, four RBIs, three runs scored, got the average up to two twenty two to fifteen home runs and fifty RBIs. Now for the mustachioed one, however, I will say there was a pop up to center field, and I don't know what was going on. I don't know if he was finishing a game of words with friends or something like that, but he took forever to charge in on a routine pop up that he should have been camped under, and it did not look like Will Warren appreciated it very much. He also had a double, go ahead double, So good night for him, Rocky night for Will Warren. What can you say about him?
Speaker 1: Time to stop throwing these game.
Speaker 9: Bars, five runs, four walks and three home runs for Will Warren, who was probably moving to the bullpen in the pretty near future. But we had the first major league error from George Lombard Junior. But he also had a couple of rope absolute line drive singles. As he continues to impress every single day. Even when he makes an error, he does something impressive multi hit game. Now in his limited major league duty, hitting three twenty with two home runs, two RBIs in a one to sixty six WRC plus, he has struck out of the time, still looking for that first double, that first triple, and that first stolen base. Three ninety three on base percentage. He's shown a really patient eye, and aside from the air, he's looked fantastic at shortstop. But errors happen. Everybody's gonna make airrors. Don't worry about it. You had a number of extra base hits tonight. Austin Wells ripped a double. You had Rice not gonna run by the way wearing my Ben a Roy's shirt here courtesy of the foul Territory Shop. Go to foul Territory shop dot com for that. Yankees turned a couple of double plays tonight, and when the dust settled, they had themselves a ten to five win, Paul Blackburn with the w Gabe Spear with the loss, and Paul Blackburn sporting a one point nine zero ERA this season. I did not anticipate that he has really, really, really been good. We got a couple of comments here, Tyler Revas says Ramos two for twenty four. Stince being with the Yankees. Since coming with the Yankee coming to the Yankees, he has not been great. And he had another tough night tonight. And the way that Spencer Jones is picking it up, and the way that Trent Grisham is picking it up, you wonder if when Bellinger comes back, if Ramos is gonna become that fourth outfielder on the bench. OH for three in this game tonight. Has not done much since being acquired from the San Francisco Giants at the trade deadline. All right, let's talk about the good, bad, and the ugly. So Trent Grisham gets a gold Star tonight, three hits and two dingers, Ben Rice multi hit games, Spencer Jones with a great night, Garcia had a tough night oh for four, and Ramos so the new guys oh for seven combined. Jazz one for three with a walk. Ryan McMahon continues to heat up a little bit. He had a double Wells with another extra base hit, and then George Lombard Junior with a multi hit game. Good day for the Yankees offense and runs. All right, so let's get to the nitty gritty and kind of go through the main takeaways here. First off, the bullpen deserves a ton of credit. Tonight Warren obviously did not have it, but Tim Hill, Paul Blackburn, and Brent Hedrick were all dealing. Hendrick has been amazing, just amazing this season. What can you say about the guy? Total surprise, total surprise. And tonight another scoreless inning with three punches. Deal Santos also threw a scoreless inning, although he allowed two hits. Also with this Yankees win, they don't gain any ground on the Rays because the Rays won today too, but they do gain on the Boston Red Sox and Boston Red Sox have hit a little bit of a skid after that unbelievable hot streak. Randy and ross Arena and Julio Rodriguez opposite field home runs in the first inning off of Warren. You knew it wasn't gonna be Warren's night. At that point, Kevin lar was like, you know, let's probably not a home run in a lot of stadiums. Meanwhile, the ball's landing in the second deck. I think that the Julio's home run was probably a home run pretty much everywhere. In the second inning, you know, there's a pop up to center field. I don't know what Grishaan was doing. I mean, was he reading the newspaper? What was he doing? He was taken all day to react to that pop up. It was like that scene in Nightmare and Elm Street where Freddy is chasing Nancy up the stairs and the stairs turn to like quicksand this like mushy oatmeal goo, and she can't get up the stairs and Freddy's chasing her. That's what I think. I think Christiaan was having a Freddy nightmare. He could not run, but he did make up for it with his bat. Big home run to cut the lead in the fifth inning, swung at the first pitch, no doubter, a lot more hard contact, go ahead double in the seventh, and a two run shot in the eighth.
Speaker 5: League.
Speaker 9: Choose that building up the little so some positives and some negatives. Will the negative hold him back from getting the belt we'll see in just a minute. Don't change that station. McMahon been swinging it better lately, ripped in RBI double. Let's take a look at McMahon's numbers as we zoom out on him a little bit, or zoom in on him. So two for four in this game with an RBI now hitting two twenty ten home run six to sixty three ops eighty four WRC plus, so you're taking a sixteen percent hit from league average offensively with him, but he does give you a lot defensively on base percentage I wish was higher with him. The way he plays defense. I can tolerate a low average, but I want him to walk a little bit more, maybe hit for a little bit more power with a two twenty average. If you're playing good defense and you hit twenty five homers and get on base at a three to twenty clip, you'll take it. If you're playing great defense, that is. But we'd love to see him get hot. He got off to a slow start. We'll see how it shakes out. But been swinging the bat better lately. I love the double by Austin Wells in the third inning. It was a good He roped it into the right field corner, and all year long he's been swinging over that down and in pitch, and today he basically just pull his hands in and drop the barrel of the bat on it, and again it sounded fantastic. Austin Wells creeping up towards two hundred. Take a look at his numbers here, he is at one eighty, so not quite, but he's he's creeping. Let me know in the chat if you think Austin Wells is gonna get to two hundred with the average before the season is over. But yeah, I mean eight home runs seventeen RBIs obviously not productive this year. You just hope he can finish strong. He's not gonna hit thirty home runs. He's not gonna probably even hit fifteen home runs. Just finish strong, you had. Let's see Spencer Jones, in my opinion, the best game of his young career, the best a bat of his career was the out two runners on double in the third inning. Fouled off a ton of pitches. The announcers we're talking about how he never hits the ball well to left field. He waits on it. He drives that ball off the left field wall, and then he hit one off the right field wall later in the game, one oh five point nine off the bat, And I think he's beginning to realize that when he cuts back on his swing and just makes contact, that he's got the strength to do some damage. He's just so strong, and I like how everybody who sees him has an immediate opinion on why he can be better. Guys in the booth tonight saying, oh, just back off the plate six inches. You know, I'm sure the Yankees have looked at every possible way to get this guy going, because the athletic skills and the power is just so apparent. I never thought he had a chance to become Aaron Judge, and I still don't, but I do think he's got a chance to become the good version of Joey Gallo, a guy who hits like two thirty to forty at least because he hits the ball so hard, with forty plus home runs and outstanding defense on top of it. He has really impressed me more than anybody this year. He has been I mean, I shouldn't say impressed me more than anybody. Obviously guys are having better years, but from my expectations of him to what he's actually done, he's he's been better than I thought. And Grisham presumably beginning to heap back up. You wonder how the outfield situation is gonna work when Bellinger's back. I'd have to assume it's Grisham in center, Spencer Jones in right, and Bellinger in left, and Ramos to the bench, and then when Judge comes back, I guess you just play the hot hand in center field. So we'll see how it shakes out. But the Yankees win this one, Oh name Alter, Yankees win. Yank. All right, I'm gonna give Grisham the belt, but we're gonna do it by say don't let that shit happen in center field again. You gotta catch that baseball and whoops, here we go. All right, right, Tran Grisham with a belt. One of the most two mustache rides tonight. And you know what, if he starts hitting, it's a really good thing for the Yankees because when he gets hot, he's a guy who's got a short swing. He gets hit. He gets hits in clutch situations, as we saw today, and for him, that's six belts this year. That's just this shows that he has, you know, the difference making ability in the game. So nice job by Trent Grisham.
Speaker 6: This is that time of year, aj It is Baseball's time to shine, and it is Sea Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea Geek.
Speaker 2: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees Cubs coming up. Where's Yankees red Sox? That means stuff Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases.
Speaker 10: Really heat up.
Speaker 2: Go to c you can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 6: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at skeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 9: Well one, is it worth even talking about. I'd rather almost get to voicemails. I mean four innings, six hits, five runs, four walks, three strikeouts, not a good night topped out at ninety five even mix of the fastball and sinker, and he was just hitting way too many bats tonight. As I said, less meatballs. Game breakdown, Yankee said, thirteen hits tonight. That was good to see, two home runs, three walks. They still struck out eight times. Uh, they left five men on. As a team, they hit three thirty three with runners in scoring position tonight three for nine and the pitching struck out eight of their own and got basically almost two thirds of their pitches were strikes tonight sixty four percent. Spencer Jones hardest hit ball to night one oh five point nine and Yerry de Los Sansos with the top pitch velocity at ninety seven. So we take a look at the division here. Yankees win, Raise win, Blue Jays beat the Red Sox, and the Twins beat the Orioles. So the Yankees remained six games back in the American League East. They still lead the wild card four games over the Boston Red Sox, and tomorrow we will have the final game in this series. Yankees have won the first two. They will go for the sweep. It's gonna be Logan Gilbert versus Max Freed, Max Free two point eight to eight ERA this season and he looks like he's fully back. The last couple of times out he's been really strong, and I feel like he's gonna give us a chance tomorrow to wrap things up with a sweep on a Thursday afternoon game. Take a look at where we're at in the series so far. Trent Grisham so far has been your top win probability impact five for nine in the series, Spencer Jones having a good series, McMahon having a good year or a good series. Ryan Weathers had a much higher game score than Will Warren fifty seven. Will Warren was at twenty five. And as we take a look at the home runs in this series for the Yankees, both by Trent Grisham. First one was in the fifth inning tonight, it went three hundred and sixty four feet and the second one was really clobber three hundred ninety eight feet one hundred and three off the bat. Okay, quick word from our sponsor tonightxtend back to take a few voicemails.
Speaker 6: Science experiment for the one minute we have to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt, and I'm holding a citrus salt. Just opened it and pour some powder into my water, shake it up and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 2: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free Stevy, a free keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 6: It does taste really good. I'm drinking in right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's qui ncee dot com slash fu l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quint dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, court or prevent any disease.
Speaker 9: So there were some streakers tonight. If the Yankees win one more, they will be streaking. Made one two straight. We'll see if they can make it three tomorrow. Here's Brian Man.
Speaker 10: We've been saying it for a while. Derek, right, play the US. Let's see what these guys can do out there. Man, give him a shot. Look at Jones out there, really coming up big. Obviously, Lombard is just a stud. He's gonna be said. He made that little error trying to rush her play, but don't expect too many of those, in my opinion. All in all, love love the way the team actually was swinging the bats today. A lot of people looking dangerous up there. Again, sometimes you put these young guys in there and can just energize the entire team. And it kind of looked like that tonight.
Speaker 11: I don't know what do you think, all.
Speaker 9: Right, appreciate the call. Yeah, I mean, young guys doing the job. Tonight. You had multi hits for Spencer Jones and George Lombard. They both look good. They're both improving. Remember people were wondering wondering if Lombard could hit. Well. I think he's proven that he can hit. We'll see if the league adjusts, but right now he can hit.
Speaker 11: Here's a call from Nashville, and from Nashville, here Tolf of the eighth up, eight to five. It's time to give them head and put them to bed.
Speaker 1: Yo, Yankee, I like it.
Speaker 6: There's Mary Beth, Oh, Derek, Mary Beth, and you're gonna have such a good show tonight.
Speaker 5: Let's call this a laugh for okay.
Speaker 8: Ten runs, oh my god, and the kids.
Speaker 9: Everybody's doing great.
Speaker 12: It's the way.
Speaker 11: It's like the old days.
Speaker 12: I just love this and I think Boston's gonna lose, so Yankees win.
Speaker 5: This is a good night.
Speaker 11: I look forward to your show.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 9: Appreciate the call, Mary Beth, great attitude. As always. Here's Michael Yo.
Speaker 12: Derek is McMichael from the Jersey Brother. Finally, the Yankees are sticking together hit, They're putting together runs like It's crazy how you can make how a team can make you hate them and then just one inning can make you fun in love with them all over again. Brother, you just gotta love baseball, man. But this is the type of baseball that we need to see. This is the type of baseball that if we play this way, we will be twenty and twenty six will city champions with this pitching and hitting like that? Come on, by the who can stop?
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 9: I love the optimism. I love the optimism. We'll see I don't know. I want to see uh. I want to see them do it more than one day out of a week. You know, Let's let's see him sustain this for a while.
Speaker 11: Here's Louis Louis Preedifield here, it's been a while. I got a question. Let's thot I'm watching uh this guy, I bet.
Speaker 7: The guy that came up the god the left handed Aaron Judge, I forgot his name, Spencer Johnes. Anyway, do you think he'd be's able to get into the home run derby? Heel, if you take a crack at the home run Derby, you think he wins will come up on top.
Speaker 11: I just I just thought about that.
Speaker 9: I think you're a little premature. I mean, guy's got five home runs as a rookie. I'm sure if he's ever in a home run Derby, he's big and strong enough that he could probably win it. But let's let's cross that bridge when we get there. It's call about Garcia.
Speaker 5: Hey, they're honestly. The way Garcia has been playing recently, I feel that he's back to what some people were talking about right before he played the first game with us or they said they might use him as a platoon when Stan comes back, and I understand I'm seeing and now he's cooled off, not calling him a bad player. I know he's still a great hitter. But I'm not too worried about when Stang comes.
Speaker 1: Back, like where they're going to play.
Speaker 5: Especially the way he's playing right now. I think they'll figure it out, which is completely fine. When he was high, I think it was more of a conversation. But right now, I think Stan is going to start at least versus you know, his most dominant kind of pictures.
Speaker 9: Did you guys see that John Carlos Stanton. There were video of him on social media and he ran to second base and he lived. He survived. But yes, Garcia, I think we'll play against righty's, and I think Stanton will play against lefties. I don't think you can play Stanton every single day. I don't think you can do it. And if he starts hitting, if he gets hot, then maybe a give more backs against righty's. But we'll see what they do in the postseason. That'll be interesting. Uh, here's a call from Caden.
Speaker 11: Hey, Derek, this is Caden from Tennessee Colin. I really like what Ron McMahon's been doing for the Yankees, recently started to pick it up. And number two, I know it's early with in a Yankee stint that Elliott Ramos does not fite what we needed. I was very excited about seeing Henry uh Wellana, but we got this gun instead. Oh boy, I thought Henry could have been really good for us, But nope, we got Elliott.
Speaker 9: That that that was the stages of grief call right there, right now. Henry Lallane is at high A with the Eugene Emeralds. He is this so far this season, He's thrown twenty in the third innings, twenty two strikeouts, five walks, two point sixty six erra. The problem with him is that he has been hurt a lot. But he's six seven, two hundred eleven pounds, has nasty stuff, good fastball, good slider, and I think he's gonna be a stud if he ever stays healthy. But Jesse Sam says, I don't care about Stanton's legs. Got no legs, Lieutenant stan doesn't have legs. One more time from John Sterling.
Speaker 3: Game A Yankees wins.
Speaker 9: Yankee all right, guys, I'm gonna call it a night. Good night for the AANNGS ten runs. They answered our prayers. They made us not stress so much there at the end. Great job by the bullpen Trent Grisham with the belt, couple of mustache rides. I'll catch you guys tomorrow afternoon game. Don't miss it. Hey, thanks for watching. If you're new to the channel, do all the YouTube stuff like and subscribe. Also, we've got a store Nyy Designs dot shop. It's got all sorts of fun T shirts, mugs, hats. You can also get podcast merch at pinstripe Territory shop dot com. We're also on every podcast platform, so go ahead and subscribe to the audio version as well, and give us five stars if you don't mind, if we earned it.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time.