Speaker 1: Cool media.
Speaker 2: This is a you wasn't outside Siri side quest about the Houthis in Yemen.
Speaker 1: That's why I said, who respond to that? Did you hear? Siri?
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't know how to respond to that. That is absolutely hilarious. Well, you don't need to know how to respond to that, SII. You could just listen and let me teach you. A while back, when we were doing the crimea River episodes, we had one with my man Jake henrah Ham where I was trying to explain to y'all that there are wars going on outside. No man is safe one all over the world, and we actually went over the civil war in Yemen, which is where the Hoothyast hail from. Tell me, you guys get the Hoothy who reference like HOODI who? Okay, if you don't know, the US decided to toss nice little bomb over there at the hoothy'st or at the Yemen East. Yeah, at the hooth East because they were shooting down ships coming.
Speaker 1: Through the Red Sea.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on here and it is the epitome of what we mean by a hood politics, because when a fight breaks out, you know, fight breaks out up the school. Everybody circle up and it's going down. You have a side, but you just know better than to jump in. The other dudes on the other side of the circle, they have a side. They chose the other dude, and they don't necessarily want to jump in, but they for damn show not gonna let you jump in, and you ain't gonna let them jump in. So this so we just gonna be fighting over here too, you know what I'm saying, Like, Hey, hey, hey, don't be messing with my own boy. Hey, hey, hey, you don't be messing with my own boy. Hey, stay the fucking you stayed the fuck out of it, and then out Now second fight breaks out because you were stopping them from jumping in. They were stopping you from jumping in. Now we got we're all going on hood politics, y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all.
Speaker 2: There's something to be said about some of the overlaps of any sort of subgenre or subculture. Anytime you have a gathering of a community, apparently, no matter how much you stand on business, no matter how just callous the people are, it's gonna be some cheesemay, it's gonna be a network of interconnected people and events and relationships that can get so complicated. Y'all should watch The brother Son, which is the side note I'm gonna give y'all today, The brother Son. It's a new show on Netflix. Obviously they not paying me for this, because why would Netflix pay me anything? But I burned that show in a day, like eight episodes. It was so dope. One reason why it was so dope is because it takes place in my beloved six two six. It takes place in an area called the San Gabriel Valley. There's a part of the San Gabriel Valley. Like I said, I was over in La Point Day, but Linda, this is twenty minutes east of South Central where I was born. That area is like I mean, it's one hundred percent Mexican Filipino sprinkle with a couple of black folks, right, So I grew up in that type of area. Now, the northeastern part of East LA is actually Monterey Park. Monterey Park is Asian. It's specifically Chinese. So when you start talking about cities like Alhambra, Rosemead, San Gabriel, this is the SGV, the San Gabriel Valley, this part of it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's Asian. It's all I mean, it's all Asian.
Speaker 2: It's and again specifically Chinese, because Koreatown is Koreatown, you know, but that area, oh, it's Asian. So if you if you're trying to get some some good dim sum, if you want that good you want good Asian food, you could drive to Chinatown if you want to out in LA. But don't sleep on Monterey Park, don't sleep on Temple City, don't sleep on Rose Meat because over there bro that area is it's it's south of Pasadena. And then as you keep going east, after you pass like Rosemead, you're into El Monte where it starts to become Vothos again, and then El Monte, Baldwin Park, La Pente, Belinda where I'm from. So this network, this part of LA is such a community that I'm so familiar with that when people do shows, they don't never necessarily talk about it. They always talk about La proper to, you know, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, they talk about over there. But this over here is like, oh, you grew whoever made this show you from here?
Speaker 1: And it is so dope.
Speaker 2: It's such a good take on the Asian community, the immigrant community, the triad, and just the gang life that they have and the complications of that's the part that's so relatable to anybody else who grew up like in any sort of hood, who family affiliated. But you like you weird because like you you know what I'm saying. You just you just happen to be a part of the family, but that's not really your life, and you really don't want to be a part of that life, like that complication. But at the same time, you with the shits like if it go down and go down, Like I ain't scared of you much, but I'm just that's that's my brother and them, that's my mom and there my auntie and him. That that's day life. I in a lot of ways relate to the character. That's like my father would not let my uncles in them bring me around, and my uncles in them knew that my dad didn't play, so they kept me at a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a distance.
Speaker 2: That really resonates with me, you know, So please go see this show. It's about those type of complications. But anyway I bring this up. Michelle Yo, the girl that's in girl that professional won that just won an Emmy, that's in everything, everywhere, all at once. It's just just this brilliant, brilliant actress, the mom and that. So she's in there and her character's phenomenal. But anyway, when she goes and plays Majong with all these aunties, just these ladies, that's really how she understands what's going on in the hood. Like how she knows what's going on in the streets. It's because of this network of people just gossiping. These aunties whose brother, you know, her husband sleeping with his secretary. His secretary run this grocery store. Who know because they serve out the back of that liquor store right there, and they serve the owner of that restaurant whose mistress works there because her daughter is dating this nephew. So that network, yo, saying it's so real, you feel me now for me. One of the other deciding factors was I've said this so many times, like I can't keep up with you can't miss one party, you can't miss one kickback because you don't know who we beefing with. You can't don't holler at this girl because you don't know if she's setting you up. You don't know if she used to day old boy from you know, from twenties, you feel me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and she might not like this nigga.
Speaker 2: She might be trying to get the nigga from twenty set up you feel me by messing with you because she know you connected with somebody. You feel me from insane even though you don't bang in saying you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You just happened to be from that part of.
Speaker 2: Town, and she just really just trying to set up that dude. So she figured she, you know, start messing with you. She at your house and that nigga might be there, and then she could call the ogez to come and now everybody getting packed out and just you can't keep like, I don't know, I might just be you might've just gone to like I was just I was just playing basketball at the park with old.
Speaker 1: Boy here, like so we struck up a friendship.
Speaker 2: He cool, I don't know that our hood beefing with them like I don't know, like you can't. That stuff was exhausting to me, and it really in a lot of ways kept me out. I was like, man, I can't, I can't, you can't miss nothing. With these niggas, like you have to be at everything because you don't know it's Oh and on top of that, the stuff be generational, like stuff may it happen with our parents, like with our uncles, like stuff we don't know, Like I wasn't even born yet when this beef started. You feel me like, I don't know that's my granny got beef with your granny nigga, Like you know with this nigga nephew, because you know back in the eighties, you know this shit happened, Like I like, it's generational. And now like at least gang culture in La, like it's been around long enough to where that stuff is generational where you just don't like you not only can you not keep up with And now I'm at an age where there's law homies and they got beef with stuff that I'm not part of. I'm going to party with no twenty year olds. It's generational. And sometimes you don't even know why we beef. I don't even know why, like we won't get along with them. I just know we don't get along with them. But something that all of us can relate to is when a fight breaks out after school, like the whole plan air.
Speaker 1: I know we's finna fight after school. You know you're gonna have to see me.
Speaker 2: Now, most people in these situations know that my homies jumping and they Homi's gonna jump in. I just need to know if it do go too bad, like if I'm about to squab and I do know, excuse me, but I just want to make sure you got me just in case, Like if them niggas jump in, I know you gonna come help, right and even if you not, like I said, like if this is just we just like this is just my boy, that's my ace, Like we may not even it may not be on set, like I might not even and I'm probably not even on set. It's like he on set, I'm not, but we just know, like this nigga happened to go to school today. If it go down, he need to know a if it go down, you got me. So a lot of times how you get affiliated is like this. It's like this is just my friend, Like we walked home together since elementary school. He lived two doors down for me. He on the set, but so of course, man, I'm gonna defend my homeboy, like if he getting packed out like, I'm not gonna just stand around let him get packed out. And especially if we're playing for it, he's just like, yo, you got me. It's like, yeah, I got you. So it's same go when they come up in our hood, or like if the police come, it's like, man, you can't beat us all, you can't arrest us all. So you come out in force, like that's what you're supposed to do. The guy that he's fighting the guys that he's fighting, sees this and now, oh, I'm with them. I'm now officially an OP because even though I'm not on the set, you fought alongside somebody that is so as far as the ops concern, they're like, it don't make no difference to me.
Speaker 1: You wanted them.
Speaker 2: So now I'm affiliated, which is something that like it happens all the time. So in a lot of ways, this is how countries make foreign allies. Is like, are you gonna jump in if I'm getting packed out? I saw all I need to know. Are you gonna jump in if I'm gonna get packed out? Really that's NATO, the NATO agreement is if you getting packed out, We're gonna jump in.
Speaker 1: You want to understand NATO. It's that.
Speaker 2: I mean, this isn't necessarily a NATO situation, but that's basically you know, that's the idea. Now specifics the Americans, as in US hit a nice little drone, little weapon strike, little bomb strike at the nation of Yemen in response to the Hoothy's throwing little missiles at ships going through the Red Sea. Now, why this is the thing is we need to understand who Yemen is, their years of civil war. You need to know who the Houthy are and why the Red Sea is so important.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it, all right, So we're back. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of history here, and the history isn't complicated, like the same thing with like the network of like hood stuff. It's not complicated if you're from there. If you're from there, this is just the air you've been breathing. These are the things that you already understand. You know the players, you know the people on the chess board, you know how the relationships work, and how far this stuff go back.
Speaker 1: That's if you in it.
Speaker 2: If you're not in it, you learning all this stuff secondhand and in a book, and a lot of times it.
Speaker 1: Don't make sense. These connections.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna try to do is try to make these connections make sense. What the hell does Yemen have to do with Palestine, which has to do with America, which got to do with this Israel guys of war, Like what is how is any of this stuff connected? First, you need to talk about Yemen. And the first thing you need to know about Yemen, if anything, know that it is it's the it's the poorest air quotes poorest Arab nation. Because remember Arab nations are freakishly rich with resources, with natural resources, whether it's oil, whatever the case may be. It's just so has such a wealth of resources, and a lot of the nations have figured out how to get involved.
Speaker 1: In the global economy.
Speaker 2: Yemen been in such a civil war and quietly has been one of the greatest up until now humanitarian crises. I mean even during the Syrian refugee crisis, like what was going on in Yemen was so bad, and part of that has to do with a civil war. Another thing to know about Yemen is it's probably one of the most beautiful It's coffee. There's even just little this little friendly rivalry between Yemen and Ethiopia about who had coffee first. Now, granted, coffee was discovered in Ethiopia, that is official, everybody knows. But who started grinding, brewing and putting it in water? The Yemenies say they first. I don't know, but it is really hard to get your hands on some Yemenese beans, which was why I made the song Yemenese Beans, which I'm gonna make sure Matt puts in this thing.
Speaker 1: Matt, you hear me, You gotta put that song into this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't dare because all of it's unfair. I'm just trying to manage my own square to get the blue right on these Yemenese beans and run up the scoreboard on all y'all teams.
Speaker 1: Like grand you're more all ride for the poor, staying with the fuse, staying with the crew.
Speaker 2: I'm giving out game, investing in change. So it's coffee is at such a premium, first of all, because it is undeniably delicious, like the this is my world's combining, but like the quality.
Speaker 1: Grade of the Yemenese.
Speaker 2: Bean because it hasn't been exported often, because it's not oversaturated in the market equality and the taste is like there's no there's really no other flavor profile anywhere in the world like Yemen E's coffee. It's insane. It just it. It can't get out the docks because of war. Second thing you need to know about Yemen that makes this story so important is where Yemen is. A simple cursory look at a map would make you understand why the Red Sea is so important. Like just right now in your brain, just picture the Horn of Africa and then the Sinai Peninsula where Saudi Arabia Yemen. Where that other little piece over there right that the top of that little piece is you have where egypt land connects to what we call the Middle East, and that border on the bottom of that is Gaza. So now Yemen is on that that little piece that's connected to the Horn of Africa. You have the top part where Egypt is, and then the bottom part where like Ethiopia and se Sudan.
Speaker 1: Is that little piece just across the river.
Speaker 2: That little piece on the bottom that's the main part of that is Saudi Arabia. The little bottom part is Yemen. That's why it was so easy for coffee to go the sect. The first the first stop that caught when coffee left Ethiopia was Yemen. Now that little area you have to think about if you're taking things from let's just use the European the Eurocentric terms the.
Speaker 1: East to the west.
Speaker 2: If you need to get to the Mediterranean, you trying to get to spices from India to Spain or Portugal. If you're shipping things from Greece right down into India, you trying.
Speaker 1: To go to Asia. Here's your option.
Speaker 2: You can either go around Africa, so you go out the Red Sea or out the Mediterranean and down the Atlantic Ocean into the Indian Ocean. The second largest man mass in the world is Africa. There's a big old You can either go around Africa to get to Asia, or to get out of Asia in the Middle East into North America and the rest of the world and the rest of Europe. Or you just cut through the Red Sea get to the Mediterranean. Like it's duh, Like why would you not do that? Like it's it's just a short cut. Now if you live there, Oh that's a lick and a half. I mean, why do you think we made the Panama Canal, Cause it's like I need to cut through, Like I gotta go all the way around South America to get to California. You tripping, I can't get a boat like I needed. Let me just let me just cut through right here. It's like it's so long to try to get a ship like I like, like think about that, Like you're adding like you're adding months to your trip, You're adding millions of dollars of car. Just let me just go through the Red Sea now again, if your ant sentence is up, you like.
Speaker 1: Oh, nigga, you trying to get through here. You need to pay us.
Speaker 2: I mean, duh, Like you know that's not even that's not even gangster, that's just this just good business.
Speaker 1: It's like you.
Speaker 2: The Lord God Almighty has blessed you with a location that says there is so much money to be made right here because everybody gotta go through this. I mean, and I'm not making you. You could go around Africa. Well, your other option is to go north. You want to go through the Arctic Circle. I mean you could do that. You go so so in their mind you you you leave India, you go around in between Australia, you go around Japan, around China, Manchuria, Siberia, you go around the top of Russia, through the Arctic Circle. And then down all the way across Russia, all the way down to Scandinavia and then down to New England.
Speaker 1: Word, I mean, it's up to you. But if you don't cut through here, you got to mess with us.
Speaker 2: I mean should It makes sense to me because so the location is just like it's the most perfect it's the most perfect location, all right. Now, there's some proxies going on here. I think there's a way that it's not a one to one, but I think there's a way to view the Yemeni Civil War the way most cold wars and proxy wars work. You have this place that has its own issues and its own agenda and things that itself is trying to accomplish, and like anybody, you looking for help, right, Like I said, in relation to the rest of the Arab nations, like Yemen is the least wealthy, so they gonna need some help on them weapons. Another thing you need to understand about what you should already. I mean, if you listen on my show, you should know this stuff already, is that like it's a Muslim nation, but there are a lot of different types of Muslims, just like there's a lot of different Christians. Like I mean, it's just it's so insane in the West that like we just don't understand that you like Shia and Sunny that's even an umbrella. Like there's just like Christian and Catholic, or like Protestant and Catholic, like among the name Protestant. You know how many different denominations, you understand what I'm saying. So there's so many different things in there. So just because so even some of that right wing like you know, fantasy war porn, that's like hella racists that kind of had this idea that the Muslim nations, the Muslim world is gonna take over, like niggas don't get along, Like don't y'all understand that like Shia and Sunni, like they're different, they different, and they beef so just because they both Muslim, just like don't think just because like Islam is just as diverse as every other like monotheistic Abrahamic religion. So like don't be silly, like it's so there's so much diversity among the religion, my lord, like y'all know, you know, I come from a Christian background, and like the theological differences how serious they run like it it runs deep, Like it's Christians that think other Christians ain't Christians that like, y'all are in such error, right that like we're not even sure if you saved or not. Like, and they're both Christians, So theological differences can run very deep.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: One year, I was performing some poetry at the MLK fifty years celebration and they had a preacher get up there and say, MLK, you know he was grave. I mean, he was wrong about the Gospel, but he did great things. I'm like, what, Like, it's too bad he was a false price. Like it runs deep, y'all. And among the way that that religion can play out nationally, right in the same way that we got Christian nationalists and you got Christian pacifists, remember, like think about it like this, in the way that Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Syria are Muslim countries, so it's Morocco. You see them exporting any terrorists, you see them involved in it. It's because your faith can map onto nationalism, just like Christianity maps on the nationalism in ways that aren't necessarily reflections of the faith as much as it's reflections.
Speaker 1: Of that people there.
Speaker 2: You feel me, like how Donald Trump could convince any evangelical that he wanted them. Is proof of what I'm talking about. It's people that really look in Revelation and think America is mentioned in this that we are a part of the revival of Christ coming back, like they really think America in the Bible. Now, quick and dirty idea of the Huthie their civil war and who's got who's back? Okay, so civil war basically started in we're gonna say the war itself twenty fourteen. But you got to back up a little bits when basically when the Huthis took over the capital and overthrew their government. For any of that to make sense, you got to understand who the Houthis are, right, and the historical context when Islam first came to Yemen, because the Arab nations are just like everybody else. They were tribal nations, right and had their own local beliefs. And then one of the one of the crusades happened just this happened to be a Muslim one, so it's like Arab nations are no different. It was Zaidism and I'm trying my best.
Speaker 1: I looked up how to pronounce it. Hopefully that's close enough.
Speaker 2: But Zaidism that was up north, right, so and they were again they were they were they were Shia. Now the Sunnies were down south, and they came a little bit later, right, and they started competing with each other.
Speaker 1: And those were the Rosalids.
Speaker 2: And that's again these are sects of Islam that we don't have time to go into. But their rivalry essentially was cut short by the.
Speaker 1: Fall of the.
Speaker 2: Rosalid rule and the succession of the imperialless powers and the involvement in the Middle East and basically the expansions of like the Ottoman Empire once anyway, this is what happens when empires get involved. Man, it's just like you just you map yourself onto these worlds that are already having their things going on, and then it basically exacerbates the problem. Fast forward to the who Thi's all right, so the whu this? They're from the north, they're Zaiati, right, zaiads Zadi God. I wish I knew. I wish I've been trying to practice Arabic. I should have just stuck to it. Anyway, So once they were not in power like anything else, just like the Ethiopian and stuff. Once they were not in powered, they started facing discrimination. They felt like the remember their Shia, they felt like the sunification of policies, right, the governments that was mostly Soony ended up being issues for them as Shia, and like everywhere else, the group that's not in power eventually puts together an armed resistance, and the arm resistance became their own government once they overthrew the capital, right, And they overthrew the capital through an armed resistance, and now they're actually in charge of most of Yemen, right, but they're still beefing because remember, at least as far as this narrative is concerned, they used to be on top. The Houthis are the rebels who took over, right, that's the idea. Right now, if you ask the West, they are terrorists. Now that's if you ask the West. Now, I'm pretty sure you ask different people in Yemen, maybe like absolutely, then you ask other people that are like no, the government we had was this was gross, gross human rights concerns happening with our actual government. Now while this is going on, remember I said the location of Yemen is very important. That it's two people that had jump in Saudi Arabia and Iran and quick and dirty. The Houthis are backed by Iran. They're assuming, right, So the Houthis are backed by Iran. You remember, Iran's connected to Hesbualah, which is connected to Lebanon, which is you know which has backed the Palestinian cause. Right now, you follow in the web the other side of Saudi Arabia. Now, Saudi has this really interesting relationship with the rest of the Arab nations because Saudi Arabia is completely cool with America, and I think in a lot of ways that's an issue over there.
Speaker 1: It's a big issue.
Speaker 2: Because niggas don't trust America, and I mean, I don't blame them, but that's a thing. One of the reasons why it's just such a big issue is because you ever asked what Mecca is.
Speaker 1: Mecca's in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: So every person practicing Islam has to make their Hajj, you have to make a pilgrimage to Mecca. Saudi became the sort of steward of the city of Mecca where they make their pilgrimage and walk around the thing seven times. That, like, Saudi is a super important thing. And secondly, as far as America is concerned. We need some homies in the region. How do we get the homies in the region. Well, one of them was Israel. But don't nobody like Israel. You have to remember that, like where they at, don't nobody like Israel. Israel got the bread, Israel got the guns. But in the Arab nations, no one likes them. It's so crazy. Don't nobody like them over there? Now remember it. They've been living peacefully with Jews for years, centuries. So it's not their jewishness, it's the Zionness, it's the it's the nation state that don't nobody really mess with, So keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, you got.
Speaker 2: Saudi, which is a newer in relation to the rest of these places. It's a newer nation state and Mecca's in there. So it's one of those situations where you got to mess with them, like you can't. You can't not mess with them, Like, what are you gonna You gotta go to Mecca? Right, Saudi picked a side in this war for whatever reasons. Iran picked a side in this war for whatever reasons. Now let me ask you this, who side you think your rans on? Not only in the Russian Ukraine situation, but also in Israel. Who you think Saudi with? I mean that you see in the network is the network coming together? So you can't jump in like we talked about before, Like all right, I'm watching you to make sure you don't jump in.
Speaker 1: You can't jump in.
Speaker 2: Michrophone fiend and fostering graffiti gone through my catalog to untangle your cord of Lani meaning them impostas.
Speaker 1: Trying to shock chakras. A foster in a man based the spot of man fake and the floor reshapes the earth like when the.
Speaker 2: Damn breaks man, I'm from where the land shakes, native fleets through the quakes one time for the tongue for tried witnesses came and fullet.
Speaker 1: Braded into black and brown businesses. Listeners extended, puscle is endlisted.
Speaker 2: Listen, I can't force it to eat your four courses and spot the four horsemen ignoring the warnings. Now here's what happened. What had happened with US Yemen watching all this the Houthis specifically, because remember right now, the Houthis are in charge of most of Yemen, even though there's still a war going on over there.
Speaker 1: They watching all this happen.
Speaker 2: They watching everything happen over there, and now remember what Hamas was hoping what happened is that this situation would remind everybody of the Palestinian plights that like and hopefully that the rest of the Arab nations would start feeling froggy and jump in.
Speaker 1: The closest one was Lebanon.
Speaker 2: Lebanon was like, uh, we're gonna protect our border, Like I'll shoot like that, Like I really don't mess with Israel. But as long as it's beefing, this beef is yours. We got your back. But like this your war. Hamas was like, dang it, y'all supposed to jump in. They don't jump in, right, But it's some shooting going on up there, right, They're like, how could we help? Remember, Israel wants us to be down to on they side. Israel like, send them tools. What we're gonna do? You remember last time when we had that issue with with Egypt.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And Kissinger, old Kissinger dead ass. He he threw us them tools. What's up? Man?
Speaker 2: We're still good and you know you gotta be on our side because of the Holocaust.
Speaker 1: Nigga, Like you can't you better be on outside? Is they stands?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile South Africa like, hold up, I know you could say to everybody, they wasn't outside, but we was. Nigga, we went through this. No y'all tripping like that day at the Hay. Right, I'm gonna do a whole episode about South Africa being.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: No, no no no, we had shit like this happened. We actually understand what's going on, and y'all niggas are tripping. They did they wasn't outside, but we was outside. We done went through this, so uh, no y'all bugging and America looking at Israel like, I mean, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna blast you out in public because but like what you're doing is kind of wilding out over there. But I tell you what, I'll tell you what. We'll send some money, we'll send some weapons, but listen, we can't be publicly jumping in on this uff like this, nigga, because like you you you kind of while we was with you at first, but you know you kind of you kind of wilding out now.
Speaker 1: You look, he making us all look bad.
Speaker 2: Nigga, like I had your back, but god damn and obviously like that's lower than the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of America stands.
Speaker 2: And even as a side note, the fact that America won't really like denounce the shit is like fam like, like, dog, we're not gonna this might cause Biden the election, you know what I'm saying, Like at least as far as like the votes of the people that.
Speaker 1: Put him on.
Speaker 2: They like, nigga, you wild like were like, I don't y'all don't see like it's been a hundred days. This is Israel is like this is off, Like what the fuck are y'all doing? Yeomen like, okay, listen, are the hoo thiees I'm gonna say specifically.
Speaker 1: They like, look, God, what we're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: We while we can't jump in, what we're not gonna do is sit idly by and watch this shit go down. So if a boat go through our waters, we go shot just to make sure, just in solidarity. We're gonna do this in solidarity with y'all, we just gonna shoot that whoever jumped through.
Speaker 1: Now now.
Speaker 2: These ain't no boy scouts now follow me now because they shooting at anybody that come through.
Speaker 1: They don't shot at like commercial. They done shot at like a Greek, like the Greeks ain't even evolved, like why we catch a straight.
Speaker 2: You feel, but the hoo Thi's is like, look, man, I'm not just gonna let y'all traffic these we like, not through our waters if you gonna do it, like at least like can we at least show the Palestini is we got your back a little bit, like I ain't finna go down there, but I got you like this, like I ain't finna let them.
Speaker 1: I'm not just gonna help them. Help help you.
Speaker 2: Understand I'm saying, like, nah, fam like, not not through, not on my watch, That's.
Speaker 1: What this boy said.
Speaker 2: They was like, look man, y'all just not finna just run through my backyard as a shortcut. Like nah, if you're gonna do this, you're gonna go around, ye, I'm saying. America was like, hold up, you shooting at who? You don't get to be involved in this shit matter. In fact, I kind of been wanting it with y'all, well wow, but we've been chilling cause we know, you know, you really ain't got them things like that. But like, nigga, y'all feeling real froggy, you know, and like, well, we've been chilled with you who this, But nigga, you need to know what it is. America said, okay, you think we can't do two things at once. We playing it cool in this Israel thing, but you can't jump in if we're not jumping in. You not jumping in. Ruthie's are like you've already jumped in. What are you talking about? You're already in. We know, we know where our enemies getting their money from. America's like Saudi Arabia. Whuth He's looking at them, like, come on, fam, we know you passing bread to Saudi Arabia. It's Saudi Arabia passing bread to our ops. America likes, so, nigga, you getting bread from Iran and they're like, we're not hiding it. We know can't afford no damn missiles. Of course we're getting this from Iran. Well, Iran's our op. So, since Iran is our op and you work with Iran, you now are op so. Now me and you beefing, it's just you see how hood this is. It's just gangt like we don't want you to jump in, so we gonna shoot, but I'm not gonna help. But you wouln't get the right to relp. Now y'all jumped down. Now, y'all jumped in. Now there's a whole other fight happen. And while this fight is happening, and in the meantime, tens of thousands of Palestinian civilians day in the meantime, this like man not only that is really uh, military dudes just getting thrown in this meat grinder like this, Like y'all don't get it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna mess him up.
Speaker 2: Like in the meantime, that boy Pharaoh Manch was like yo, in a song, I viewed a baby's insides outside of its body inside a place of worship. It's ungodly like that will mess you up the carnage. My homeboy, Thiszle I may have told y'all before, My homeboy Thistle, like I consider him the he's a nipsey hustle of a Saint Louis, Like yeah, he, like Thistle, is an absolute real one.
Speaker 1: Thiszle was was the blood he was outside.
Speaker 2: He's an amazing artist, like incredible dude, But he's doing a lot of motivational speaking right now, and what he talks about. I just saw a clip about it, Like he was like, look, man, like what they don't tell you?
Speaker 1: A part of the game. They don't tell you. He was like, Man, I am buried.
Speaker 2: He was like when I was outside as a teenager and like really really running the streets. He's like, I buried at least twenty five of my home boys, Like at least twenty five of them. And I watched all they kids grow up without a father, right, And he's like, and whoever grow and all them boys who grew up without fathers?
Speaker 1: Who gonna raise him? He's like the lions don't raise him? The hyenas.
Speaker 2: Dude, you know your little boys, your little girls, Like it's a creepy old man out there that knows that your daughter ain't got no daddy. You in jail, you doing twenty thirty years, You can't protect your kids.
Speaker 1: So there's a generational.
Speaker 2: Victim in this, which is the children of those who decide to be in this thing. Now, what does that got to do? What I'm talking about right now? Eventually the shooting is gonna stop in Gaza and the long term effects, first of all, like I think I've said this before. You're guaranteeing a new extremist groups by doing this, your response is guaranted. Israel's guaranteeing a new extremist group by their actions guarantee and probably not just not just a palace to anyone. You're guaranteeing a new Israeli extremist group. You're guaranteeing because you just this is what it does. So when you gone, the hyenas is gonna raise you. They're gonna look at there and they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be like, you see what these people do.
Speaker 2: You see what your government thinks of you, See how you see how they think about you. They don't care. These people do not care. They say it's in your name, they don't care. All these protests popping up in Israel is basically the people saying our government don't care about us. They say they're doing this for us, but they not. All the hostages that have been rescued so far and exchanged have been through diplomatic negotiations, except for like two.
Speaker 1: What works is y'all putting these guns down? Now?
Speaker 2: Let me say this, not a pacifist Okay, sometimes you gotta shoot, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I wish Nigga would.
Speaker 2: But as far as this one hundred days of this, you know, Israeli Gaza war here, what's been effective has been the negotiations.
Speaker 1: That's just what's worked, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all bombs ain't doing shit except for making everybody mad at you. I don't know why you keep doing that. You know what I'm saying, It's just this isn't effective. It's not do you're you're losing every part of this war, like except for the idea that unless you're just trying to ethnic clyins like this is just what was adding. But essentially the Houthis were like, yo, not on not on our watch. But that's why I called this a side quest because this is a separate brawl that broke out, you know, and that separate brawl that broke out is connected, but it's its own thing. Now again, I know I said that I told you who's backing who in Yemen, But please understand that like these Hoothies have their own agenda, that Yemen got its own thing going on. So don't think this isn't just you know, cold war esque puppeteering. They got their own things going on. Here and the hoothis they said this we stand on business. We shot them on purpose and guess who loses? Same people that losing Gaza uh Politics. Y'all all right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: Get yourself some coffee.
Speaker 2: This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm a spelling for you because I know M.
Speaker 2: A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out. The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly mattow Sowski still killing the beat softly, so listen, don't.
Speaker 1: Let nobody lie to you.
Speaker 2: If you understand urban living, you understand politics.
Speaker 1: These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.