Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Tuesday call us eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We would love to hear from you today.
Speaker 4: Eight eight eight eight five five to seven.
Speaker 3: And hear how you feel today. You're looking line at Tostito Championship Plaza outside Sports Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is eighty summer's trying to come back like the hell allays the highest eighty seven in the lowest sixty six.
Speaker 5: And you do know Texas weather.
Speaker 3: In a week or two it'll be twenty degrees outside. We get no fall here, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That is Kurt three pumped y'allah you do the rhythm.
Speaker 4: All I was like, is he finishes my go Like how does this go? That isna? He is shouting in the back. Is Chris keeping us live? A local?
Speaker 6: I am Salt and Pepper Poppy together we make hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent of the brow people.
Speaker 4: When we speak brought.
Speaker 3: To you each and every show by Wingstop where flavor it gets We. Yes, poor Brandon Cooks, we just forgot about him. He just we need to we need to relabel the wings Who can we put that on?
Speaker 5: Tobert j T.
Speaker 4: You said that, Wow, he ain't done nothing.
Speaker 7: We'll get some wingstop here on Friday for the people who are gonna be here to be here.
Speaker 3: Man hate that anyway, I had to get a rain check.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'd like to give a shout out today to Danny Mann. I was having lunch today before the show and he walked up, and of course my mouth was full and.
Speaker 5: I couldn't really talk to him. Said he loves the show. He listens all the time. So appreciate you. Danny. How are you all today? Tuesday?
Speaker 3: We're good. We get to talk football. If there's ever a time to play those forty nine ers, this is the week. How crazy is that?
Speaker 4: Deebo Samuel story walking pneumonia or something.
Speaker 3: Like that, right, and didn't even know it and.
Speaker 9: His lungs and he walked on the field, turned around and walked back walking.
Speaker 5: Do you not know when you're on the bus like I just got to go today.
Speaker 4: No, No, we're just so programmed.
Speaker 5: This is what I do.
Speaker 4: We fight through it.
Speaker 6: Oh just a little it's always just a little little head cole, a little little congestion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a stomach hurts a little bit.
Speaker 5: Until you get out there the whole time.
Speaker 4: You know what me Fine, got out, your pinker is removed.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's like it's it's we've we've are We're so programmed that whenever we got to do to get to Sunday and it's just a little know, I'll I'll get out there, I'll feel better, It'll give me some medicine and.
Speaker 4: We'll move on.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for you guys as former retired athletes.
Speaker 6: Well, we're not former retired athletes. We're former players that are now retired. You're yeah, you're retired, as that would make us an active athlete, either one of us right now doing anything of the sort in the football field room.
Speaker 5: Thanks for correcting that.
Speaker 6: Now you go down to the trailer parks, it gets active, it gets active at the TPS.
Speaker 5: Is a former retired trail not active?
Speaker 3: If you don't know formerly retired means you're not retired and means you're active active.
Speaker 4: So as a physical down at the TPS, as a.
Speaker 3: Non professional former athlete, when I when things ail me, I tend to curder you the same way, kind of put it off and you don't really go to the doctor till like.
Speaker 5: We know, you go.
Speaker 4: You know it document is yours, you know right now.
Speaker 3: And you kind of put it off. You're like, I'll pull out of it. I'll be fine, I'll just wait. When you play like you you're immediately in there. Something's going on with my toe, Something's going on with this, something's going on with.
Speaker 4: This, right?
Speaker 3: Is that how it goes? Or as a player, do you kind of put things off and the hospital is right, right, and that directly affects your performance when directly affects your money? Right, but as when you leave because that's been your life for four, eight, twelve, fifteen, twenty years, where you you have free health care immediately at the blink of an eye, and you have anything you want at the blink of an eye.
Speaker 4: I want something rather there. Yeah, good drug down there? Do you still telling you? I'm telling you Kurt has some good drug down there.
Speaker 3: Brother, do you still are you still in that mindset where when you you feel a little off, you go to the doctor, or now you did it for so long you just you.
Speaker 5: Put it it off like everybody else me, I go, you go.
Speaker 8: So if something feels off, something feel off, and it bothered me for one to day, I'll be like, babe, I'm gone.
Speaker 5: How many days in a row do you have to fill off before you one? I look at my family history. You catch waiting all of you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I find out I hand calcl died two weeks later. I'm like, I ain't gonna wait that long. So you give it one day grace period next day in there if I'm yeah, I don't play, man, what about you? I don't play.
Speaker 6: I gotta get to that point. Like dental like anything that's like I can go in and get you. I'm going like, I don't play around with the dental stuff, but physical I would I wait a.
Speaker 4: Little bit too long, feel like you can fight through it. I always do, like I just.
Speaker 3: Is it a macho thing? Like my immune system is tough than that. It's gonna it's gonna defeat this germ. That's the way I am. I got a great immune system. And they be like, yeah, take this every four to six hours. I'm like taking it every twenty minutes, like another dose, smell another dose, another dose.
Speaker 5: Everybody else? Really, yeah, take this every song, Gentuary? How may can I take it a day?
Speaker 6: Because let's be honest, in our football days, there was no every four to eight hours, ten hours and twelve hours.
Speaker 4: We take as much as we want they'll give us.
Speaker 8: I mean one day I came in with ah with upset stomach, and uh, they say, take this one pill every three.
Speaker 5: Hours, mister Brown, So you behind three hours, take two to Kurt.
Speaker 3: Kurt has a great question one of the few times actually has a great question on the rundown.
Speaker 5: Is he gonna ask you?
Speaker 9: Are you I'm not sure which the very first one?
Speaker 4: Do you have the rundown in front of you?
Speaker 5: That's a great question. Okay, ask away Kurt. Kurt's corner right out, you know.
Speaker 8: Yah?
Speaker 9: All right. So as fans, you know, we're saying, oh guy, we're facing the forty nine ers again. They've been kicking their butts last three four years. We don't have a chance this and that with players, there's so much turnover on a ros street here does that kind of stuff carry over for them too.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, I would say the first half pay right, the first half of that statement.
Speaker 4: We say the part about like we don't have a chance.
Speaker 6: I don't think we say that now, we're not saying that part like that part, but we gotta fake these Yeah, like that.
Speaker 9: So there's a mental hurdle to get over for sure.
Speaker 4: Like for the guys who've been here part of it.
Speaker 6: For the guys who've been here, your Dak's, Micah's, your ce these, your tanks, digs, there's a there's a Travis Fredericks I mean sorry, yeah, Travis front Martin, Zach Mars, Travis Frederick I'm talking about is Zach Martin's. Like, there's a number of guys who've been here, who've who've felt that defeat from them a couple of years in a row.
Speaker 4: That's like, dang man, gotta play because again, man, we gotta we gotta get one, we gotta get.
Speaker 9: One, gotta change. So later, do you guys have teams like that you faced?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it was earlier in our career. Boy, it was a whole n C. The whole Washington Hang them the Giants Only field was the Cognals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it might have.
Speaker 6: Been Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. You know, you think about those teams, you're like joke, you just know, like did yo again? Like that guy Philly maybe, But like, I don't know if there was anyone in our time, in my time frame that like dominated us, like.
Speaker 9: There was quite that same.
Speaker 4: We weren't getting bet we.
Speaker 3: Got off now and again, those teams were all the AFC at that time, your Juggernauts, I guess, the Patriots, the else was over there at that time.
Speaker 5: That was it. That was really the only thing. And we never played the coch Yeah huh.
Speaker 3: So as beat up as they are, they're gonna be without looks like without Ayuk, without Debo, without you think he's.
Speaker 5: Gonna make it.
Speaker 4: Think you think he's gonna I think lungs And for this game, they got some good drugs.
Speaker 8: So when they're trying to get fluids off the loan, is that appeal.
Speaker 5: You know, take flew us off or do they stab a needle in?
Speaker 4: You ain't never had my lungs.
Speaker 8: Un we're getting fluid off the loans, so we can make sure that's not available.
Speaker 4: There's the doctor in.
Speaker 3: The house yeah, call call Britt, Chris Britt, give us a call. How y'all do that? But they're gonna be without au Debo. We'll see Kittles banged up. McCaffrey is not gonna be back until the week after. It looks like so if there's ever a time to play them, it's now, because you never you never look back at the schedule and go, yeah, you won that game, but they were really banged up. Now you you finally beat them? Right?
Speaker 5: And do they have do they have a shot?
Speaker 3: Contrary to what Kurt says, we don't have a chance. Do you do you think there's a legitimate change at home?
Speaker 8: If we didn't have the same problems had yeah, I would think we had a shot. But we had the same problems and sometimes worse.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 3: Are their injuries in more key positions than our injuries? And it's weird that Mica is still saying he's up in the air and do Ron blad we don't know about right?
Speaker 6: He said it, and Michael Mike Mike Michael from Pittsburgh said it, so who knows, who knows if he'll play?
Speaker 4: Who knows what it's the man?
Speaker 3: Michael from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael, Michael from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, sir, do you guys really want to know this hurts all?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: It's called thorosyentesis.
Speaker 4: Okay, like photosynthesis, yes, but thorough th h o R.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: A medical professional inserts a needle between the ribs into the pearl space and the drain the fluid. This procedure can be received chest pressure and test the fluid for infection.
Speaker 5: They usually do this while you are awake.
Speaker 4: So okay, I'll just suck it off and.
Speaker 5: Get right out there in place.
Speaker 6: God, that's why to get the fluid out?
Speaker 5: Why do not fall?
Speaker 7: Okay, Jesse, Jesse, remember this at eleven minutes in?
Speaker 5: That is what I called myself, which is worst.
Speaker 3: The worst never gets you yourself.
Speaker 5: Just keep going what just came out.
Speaker 6: So I've never had this procedure done to me, but I did have broken ribs, and the sound of that reminded me how they took care of my broken ribs.
Speaker 4: So what they basically did was.
Speaker 6: They you get up on the table and they kind of lay on your side like in the feetle, and they take an ultrasound. Right, they literally took an ultrasound where I can look up on the screen and see the vision of my rib and where the crack is at my rib.
Speaker 4: They numb the area.
Speaker 6: They numbed the area like they numbered the topical topical part of it.
Speaker 4: They numb it.
Speaker 6: And they took this big old needle because it had to get down into the areas of where you needed to And I'm watching, I'm watching them do it on this screen.
Speaker 3: They got to do that because they didn't want to punture you lung right right, That's why they're doing.
Speaker 6: That's what they should have done with in Buffalo before the punctured Tyrod Taylor Loves or Seattle, wherever it was.
Speaker 4: They should have actually had this machine and big old needle, big old needle.
Speaker 6: And went down in there and injected it in those spots up near my rib.
Speaker 4: And off I went, and you were good.
Speaker 5: Off I went till after the game.
Speaker 4: Till half time, got another shot at half time.
Speaker 5: They did the same thing at halftimes and a half times.
Speaker 4: It's still numb.
Speaker 5: When they did it the second time, it was going away.
Speaker 4: Then they gave me some they gave me some drugs.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, was like we can't give another needle, take some of these drugs and go home.
Speaker 5: And that's what.
Speaker 6: So that sounds painful, Yeah, it's like it's but again, these are the things that people sometimes don't know that athletes go through. And this is not a you know, feel sympathy from from the fans, but if there is a a medical chance that he could go, and all it is that we have to remove some of this off your lungs, and because of ammonia, you can. You can take some antibiotics and do what you gotta do on that in the fluid part, they'll remove it and we'll figure it there on to by next week. So they're like, listen, how can I get I said this many times.
Speaker 4: Before I get through this game? How can I get to Sunday?
Speaker 6: If I can get to Sunday and I'm able to go, I'm gonna go. We'll figure the rest out later. First people to by looking in their face after this week.
Speaker 3: So as well as you can't do more damage by getting out there.
Speaker 4: And they gonna kill you, moss.
Speaker 7: That you can also have antibiotics to help it out.
Speaker 6: So they don't they trust me, They're gonna give him there he's and there's always tears. Okay, there's always tears to this if it's a quarterback, if you're just starting quarterback. I remember when Tony had the punctured lungs and broken ribs. I forgot who the I forgot who the the training ga was.
Speaker 4: You're going home with him.
Speaker 6: Whatever treatment he needs around the clock, you will administer it like you. Then there's the next tier of Hey, he gets priority service here, you know, all day long, and then there's down here, and then there's me, and then there's like, hey, take these pills and get out of here. So call me if you call me, if you call me if you're coughing up blood. But until that, you can go home with these pills. I look at de boys, one of those guys who are kind of up there in the in the tears. So whatever treatment that he's gonna need, whether that means these days at the hospital or it's administer at home, there's gonna be at around the clock treatment.
Speaker 4: Wow for a god like debo.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, some phone calls.
Speaker 3: Call us, heyday eight eight, five, five, two two nine Seven'll be right back hanging with the boys.
Speaker 11: How's Wingstop sound crispy juicy, classic wings, saucey tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut, seasoned fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch.
Speaker 4: I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings.
Speaker 5: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by download the wings Stop out ordered online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey, Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 11: All the action.
Speaker 1: Seat Gig makes it.
Speaker 12: Easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expect it seat.
Speaker 13: Geek, Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto ones. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 13: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rooking crypto With blockchain dot Com perfick.
Speaker 1: Throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit the blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love.
Speaker 4: For them boys smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 12: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys brought you each and every day by blockchain dot com. Thank you blocked chain dot com.
Speaker 9: Kurt, tell me get ready.
Speaker 5: For the ultimate gamed experience.
Speaker 3: Thanks to seven eleven, you could win a VIP experience to the Cowboys versus Bengals showdown on December the ninth.
Speaker 5: Just texts Cowboys VIP to seven.
Speaker 3: One one seven one one for your chance to win premium club tickets, sideline passes, traveling or don't miss out in or now No purchase necessary ends on eleven twenty. Must be eighteen year older in the USDC void, where prohibited message and data rates may apply. Visit b T dot l y slash go seven one one seven one one for full details and non text injury. All right, let's take a phone call before we get back after it.
Speaker 5: Who we got Chris.
Speaker 4: We've got Bobby.
Speaker 7: He's in Longview, Texas.
Speaker 5: Bobby and love you. Tell us? How you fee today?
Speaker 10: I fail? Yes, sir, Well, I've been won'ting to ask this question for a long time. I've been a cowboy.
Speaker 14: How you fee?
Speaker 5: First?
Speaker 10: I think? Then get you about the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Sure, wherever you want to take.
Speaker 4: You, wherever you want to go? Baby, your world we're just living in it.
Speaker 10: Well, well, I can say I love the Cowboys, but I don't like the way they're playing, as most people don't. But my main concern here is how may any Has anybody got any stats on how many balls the defense is knocked down up up around the line of scrimmage? You could count? I bet you could count all those on five hands instead of have two fingers left.
Speaker 6: Five hand, give you twenty five, give you twenty five choices, I mean one hand five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying our.
Speaker 5: Defensive line up.
Speaker 10: Maybe I got the number wrong, but you have five out of five thingers you'd have, you'd have fingers left over. Don't how many balls they've knocked down up around the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 5: Under five?
Speaker 10: I think it would be.
Speaker 3: Yes, I.
Speaker 10: Hadn't noticed any.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're not getting their hands up.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 4: It's hard to get your hands up when you're on your back.
Speaker 10: Look to try anyway. Yeah, I hear you back.
Speaker 4: We'll let him know, body, Bobby, We're gonna let him know, brother. We appreciate your calling.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 6: Uh, Kurt's gonna look that start up for us right now. And when we get those numbers, man, keep listening in and we will get that number to you. Bobby, appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 10: All right, bye bye.
Speaker 3: That's my people over there long view. That's mye towards my neck. Yeah, he got that, Louisiana math.
Speaker 9: I think he was talking like one guy with five hands. He was talking about the line as a whole. You have all these arms up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said, you can.
Speaker 6: You can count the number on five hands.
Speaker 4: We knew it, Bobby was we got you, Bobby, we got you. Tried, Bobby, were working with your brother.
Speaker 5: I definitely knew what he was saying.
Speaker 6: You got that. That's that's my people. If you don't understand your people.
Speaker 5: Then who will so question before we get back to that ball zero.
Speaker 3: Well, well, Bobby was right, all five Look by no hands, you could just do a closed fist and you got it, like the power. Coach McCarthy is twelve and five in the first game after the bye all time, including three and one with Dallas.
Speaker 5: Is there something to that? Are there some coaches that are good at that?
Speaker 3: Does that mean he's a better adjuster or is that just a stat that doesn't hollow staff? That doesn't really mean anything. There's some coaches that are better at spending that time wisely or what are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Nate, I'm still five head there up until this year.
Speaker 6: You guys know how I felt about Michael from Pittsburgh And it's a it's a it's one of those it's one of those questions that has multiple layers to it. There is the one is who are they playing after the bye? That matters, right? What teams? What team did he have because this is a bad team, right, But prior to Mike has had some pretty good teams, Like you don't get the twelve and five by not having some pretty good teams. And his time in Green Bay you had arguably, if not the best, second, third, best order back in all of football.
Speaker 4: So that matters.
Speaker 6: And then you'd like to believe, and I want to believe, but I'm on the negative side of Michael from Pittsburgh right now. That there was some adjustment that happened. That's there was some things that he went back into the lab and they had to cross the hall meetings, and he went back and looked his self in the mirror and had the self evaluation, and that he looked at things and was willing to.
Speaker 4: Change those I will be.
Speaker 6: I will be tuned into this game. We talked about it as we were leaving at the studio yesterday. What do I have to see that makes me feel different? How long will it take me? These first the first fifteen, that first, that first possession, maybe the first second.
Speaker 3: You need to see if anything's been changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that first fifteen is gonna tell me. That first fifteen is gonna.
Speaker 4: Let me know.
Speaker 5: So the first series or two.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna know.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna know that there's a change to your approach in this And that's a great number two over and five. You you want and they need to win bad, they need to win real bad. So hopefully that there is some sort of mojo moment that he has coming out of this by with this particular football team, because they are they're really man. This is a this is a when you look at their overall stats, when you look at the fact that they're bottom third in the league and red zone scoring their bottom third in the league and giving up red zone touchdowns their bottom third in the league.
Speaker 3: And takeaways take away away, He's.
Speaker 6: Like, they're not supposed to be Like, they're not supposed to be three and three, right, it should be more one in five, two and.
Speaker 3: Four could be very easily won in five.
Speaker 6: So that lends to believe that there's something in there that's good enough to get things done. So hopefully that Michael from Pittsburgh is able to get this team going in.
Speaker 5: The right direction. Chris, well, have you more calls?
Speaker 7: We do, but before we get to call, like, I had a text message that's from Jason in Pennsylvania. He says, didn't Micah have a batted ball that Kendrick intercepted in the first game of the season.
Speaker 4: I believe he did? Is that right? Wasn't the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 5: Was it? I mean.
Speaker 7: Pretty sure tip ball, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think tipping bat at are different.
Speaker 5: No, maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I guess it's.
Speaker 3: Maybe all these stats Kurt's been given us over the years are faulty.
Speaker 4: Well maybe there's not.
Speaker 5: So there's not a place on the show for you. That was a question.
Speaker 9: I just read a quote recently. There's three kinds of stats. There's three kinds of lies, regular lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, so our next guy up would be Fernando.
Speaker 3: He's calling from Miami.
Speaker 5: Oh right, Fernando and Miami. How do you feel?
Speaker 14: I feel good. I feel good, guys, guys, this cause for Jesse. Jesse. I saw on television that Cowboy forty nine er game that you played in, and I remember thinking, this guy is the guy that won that competition for Michael Urban and I remember thinking, this dude might be one of the best receivers on our team. Right now. I remember you had energy. I mean the receivers on that team. I think it was Stephen Williams and I think Marles Aufman. But I remember the way you played and the energy you had, and I was thinking, dude, this guy could play. And then after that game and those times, we didn't have the NFL ticket, So I remember the follow with time that they showed the Cowboys all TV. Now I got the NFL ticket, I was like, where's the sky at what happened after that forty nine er game. I don't even remember seeing you in the offense after that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jason realized that he had fifty three just like me, and the one that he had he didn't want to know. Fernando, I have the same question as you, brother. Laron Robinson came back from injury, came back from injury, and.
Speaker 4: They I just wasn't in the cars. I just I wasn't what they looked for in that offense.
Speaker 6: Jason Garrett had other plans for the offense, and my role was to be a special teams guy and a fourth fifth wide receiver. And so in this league, sometimes you get into a situation that benefits you. Sometimes you get in a situation that does it. Sometimes you get in when you fit in.
Speaker 14: And you know, that was a stuble that game. Let me tell you. I was so happy when you guys won that game, and I was like, who is this guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It took a lot of guy to get hurt to get to me. Remember that game.
Speaker 14: That game could play.
Speaker 6: Miles got hurt in that game, and uh, what was seventeen's name?
Speaker 4: Harris? Dwayne Harris could line up properly. That's how he got Dwayne.
Speaker 14: What's around in those in those times?
Speaker 4: He was a rookie.
Speaker 14: Wow, yeah, yeah, and you were tall. I think you won six to two or something, six to three something TUESDAIX three. I was taking too. This guy is just as good as any anybody out there. Then all of a sudden, it bam, that was it. I was like, where did he go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Last year, I don't even remember if we had it. Good year.
Speaker 6: Send me your address. I'm gonna send a check in the mail for these comments. I appreciate you. You make me feel good today.
Speaker 5: Thank you now.
Speaker 14: Dude, you kicked as that day. Seriously, you made me so happy when they won that game. I mean I was like, this, dude, can play. They hit it with this guy, but then plunked. That was that you were? You vanished?
Speaker 4: I didn't quite vanished. I was still there. I was still there.
Speaker 3: I know what, I know what Fernando, this might be the most complimentary destructive call to Jesse z e Go no ever got because you built it up and then you just keep telling him yeah, but you just disappeared.
Speaker 4: Where did you go?
Speaker 3: What happened was still that you were great, You were awesome, but yeah, you just I never saw you anymore.
Speaker 5: Just what happened now?
Speaker 4: Jason had that, I was.
Speaker 14: Like I didn't see him on the field. I mean I wouldn't get.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the call. Man, man, what could have been? You ever wonder that? Like what could have been? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That had just given you another a little a few more opportunities.
Speaker 6: Yep, four year, thirty two million dollar contract in Jacksonville could have been.
Speaker 3: Was that thing your Laurent had like eleven touchdowns and didn't do anything really before or after, not gonna say anything.
Speaker 6: He didn't do anything after to Jacksonville had signed his contract.
Speaker 5: Or two touchdowns and that was he played half to year? Yeah, was that it?
Speaker 4: And then retired? Wow concussions?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thirty two thirty two million. I think it's like seventeen million guaranteed he.
Speaker 9: Didn't The most touchdowns he had before that was too.
Speaker 3: And all of that because he was able to on broken plays seven times triak across the back of the seven.
Speaker 4: Times and just in seven times. That was that was his deal.
Speaker 6: It was about three or four that was really posted. He was in the progression.
Speaker 4: The other seven just all hell broke loose, and he just being Tony Romo right place, only doing this and that and point dudes, and oh there's the run seven eight times. Man, I'm like, god done.
Speaker 5: Were you fast enough to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean nobody can't guard me for six seconds Tony's doing that.
Speaker 5: And catch im running straight.
Speaker 6: But when he's I'm doing all that shoot oh man, good times.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Shout out to La run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to Fernando for.
Speaker 3: That great terrible phone call.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean thank you. All these years still remember me?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 3: Does the same frame game every year? Hold a little to bring back memories? Or is it just like another game?
Speaker 6: It still keeps me alive. Brother, They can forget it in life. You're easily forgettable. I know at least one time of year that people are.
Speaker 4: Going to remember me.
Speaker 5: That's a good point. He was a game.
Speaker 6: September eighteenth will always be the Jesse Hollyday, the Jesse Holly game.
Speaker 4: So I'll take that.
Speaker 6: Listen, you don't get a lot of chances in life to be remembered positively. I take that, and I'm going to until I'm gone. I want that to remember. I never want that to go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Think of it that way, you have one of the most memorable plays in Cowboys history.
Speaker 4: Not according to Nick keep me no, I'm playing. I'm sorry taking a.
Speaker 3: Shot that you're counting, But I mean, seriously not when you think about those plays though, it's it's it's in the conversation of the Marion Barber play that Tony Romo scrambled for fifty yards and get you know five that he needed for the first down, like those you know him spinning out of that JJ Watt tackle. Like it's when people think, you know, Hail Mary obviously is d played. I mean, it's you know, it's it's especially for the new cowboy fans that you know aren't older that remember a lot of those older the ninety nine yard Tony dor Set touchdown run. But as far as like the new you know, the new era of plays, that's that one's up there, man, and you you were it.
Speaker 5: You were the play, but you know and the story behind this.
Speaker 6: If there's anything about that moment about that day that I sometimes like, man, Like I get the seventy seven yard it was pretty cool. But if you go back and watch, I had two really difficult catches on third down, key third down slants that threw the hurt. Then I went down there and got all hands like, I'm like, dang, nobody remember the slants and those you don't get the seventy seven yard er if you don't get the other two slants that kept the drive alive. Those are two really good catches, man. I was like, I even went back to the huddle. I was like, hey, Tony, man, those guys are playing me off and outside.
Speaker 4: He's like, okay, boone. He came right back to me.
Speaker 6: Slam right the shoot, tip right up, shoot tips first.
Speaker 4: Down, Bang another one. Bang, You're welcome the second.
Speaker 3: Welcome Dan Bailey, I mean, bam down at the one.
Speaker 5: You know the one. Got there.
Speaker 4: I can get you to the one.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our last break when we come back.
Speaker 4: Now, you're gonna participate the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, yeah, I'm on hand. He's still trying to make it that up.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 5: We will be back after this last break.
Speaker 3: With some more football, maybe some more phone calls on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: Just like how's wing Stop saying crispy juicy, classic wings, sausty toss that those a letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 5: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by download the wings Stop out or ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 1: Scotts slides for the first down.
Speaker 13: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect pro.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit the blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 4: Grab some today.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 12: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig.
Speaker 4: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 11: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 12: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys, the final segment brought to each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And before we get back into it, we have a few more calls. Chris, who do we have on the phone? We have Michael and O Hi, Michael and O Hi.
Speaker 5: How do you be today?
Speaker 15: I'll feel a lot better in my class day is done. I'm a teacher, so I'm sneaking this phone call during my lunch break.
Speaker 4: Okay, what great? What elements? High school?
Speaker 15: High school? I teach a bunch of aps and whatnot. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: God love you man.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 15: Uh, It's it's all good because they let me coach even though I'm definitely underqualified. So but uh, one of the same things. For taking the call. Although I've I've tried calling him before, never got in. The only person I've I've had the privilege, or it seems, according to to Jesse today, the misfortune of speaking to his nick Eatman. And uh, the last time I spoke to him, I was nineteen and he chewed me out for asking about pulled hamstrings. But uh that was back in the miles Austin days, Jesse Hollidays and all them. Uh but uh, Jesse, I I I do remember the slants, just so you know. And uh uh yeah, and uh, I got to say, it's a real privilege to be even on the line. If Nate doesn't want to talk, I get it. I appreciate it, and and uh curtain and WI all good, appreciate it. Just to cut my rambling here, I was, I was, you know, trying not to be like everybody else and freaking out about three and three, And I think Jesse and they you both made great points yesterday talking about the combination of injuries and just lack of talent. But what I was really kind of looking at is as I've gotten older, having more perspective, so I stopped riding the.
Speaker 5: Highs and lows.
Speaker 15: And when you look at what Mike McCarthy's been doing, like, do we feel like last year there was like a breath of fresh air because I think a lot of people, myself included, we're waiting for the the Hellen Moore days to move on. So getting Mike getting the play calls and having the offense click looked great, and we had a defensive coordinator who can handle it. And now I feel like we're starting to see the drop off I think in just overall, like you mentioned yesterday, quality and focus and how do you I mean, I don't think Mike's record is enough to say I don't want him back, but it's not trending in a way that says extend him. And Jason Garrett was given the privilege to walk off instead of getting fired, is like, what what would it take in your perspective for Mike to get those bona fides back for you all, and I'll hang up and listen all one.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your contribution to society and being a teacher.
Speaker 8: Freak for freaky, for freaking Mike, job, for freaking Mike.
Speaker 5: To keep his Michael from Pittsburgh, he's got to be one game above five hundred for me.
Speaker 8: What yeah, one game before, but above five hundred.
Speaker 4: I think that's at the end of the year.
Speaker 5: At the end of the year, it's seventeen games.
Speaker 8: So if Mike is nine and eight eight, he's good enough for me because of what this team has been through, what this team is going to go through, a team that's trying to build. You've changed, No, I'm not changed.
Speaker 3: What about do they have to make the playoffs?
Speaker 5: No they don't. No, they don't know.
Speaker 4: He's trolling.
Speaker 8: I think everything ex go to Jesse. I already said straight.
Speaker 4: Now your trolley.
Speaker 8: Now you're trolling. Noah, No, brother, I'm really serious. I said this at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 5: No, you did not. I'm all about Mike.
Speaker 6: One game over five hundred and no playoffs and he keeps his job.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, trolling, Yes, sir, you.
Speaker 6: Almost got me to you almost got me to jump off side, Sir, you al you almost got me, almost got me.
Speaker 5: They knew.
Speaker 8: I have done a survey and it's almost this whole building of accent.
Speaker 5: Have I not asked you? Do you like Mike? Give me your honest opinion? Do you like Mike?
Speaker 8: Give me I've asked everybody that and I've always said before you answered, I like Mike. I want Mike, I've always said, And now I'm I'm gonna jump off the train.
Speaker 5: No, Sir, I like Mike. I ain't gonna be like Mike because my job. I like, I'm just being honest.
Speaker 3: All right, Jesse, what about you? To get the moniker a freaky mic back in him?
Speaker 5: Stay? What what would he have to do this year.
Speaker 4: To super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So no NFC Championship game for you? He's still gone, Huh.
Speaker 4: I need super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Really yeah? I need.
Speaker 4: I need to be in the big game.
Speaker 2: Kurt.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't go to super Bowl, but I think he's got to win a playoff game for sure. Well to get through this. The injuries and you almost lack of talent.
Speaker 6: I want to take that away. I always want to not be boys no more. I don't won the playoff game. You've changed, But I'm just trying to won the playoff game.
Speaker 9: He's done that, yeah, but not with this lack of talent and injuries. So it makes me wonder. And the schedule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the lack of talent, he's not gonna get there. The lack of talent.
Speaker 4: How did we get here?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 6: No, how do we get hit, Kurt? How did we get how did we get here?
Speaker 9: Well? I said at the beginning here, I think NFC Championship game?
Speaker 4: So how do we get to one? Stick with that?
Speaker 9: But I don't think he's I don't think it's I think he's a dead man walking.
Speaker 6: So did y'all happen to hear his boss today? Did y'all hear the beeps of that?
Speaker 4: Before?
Speaker 5: I answer that?
Speaker 3: Coach McCarthy is the play caller right in the offensive sap opdator right? Okay, So when mister Jones said that they weren't what.
Speaker 6: They had words, bad schemes, bad play designs.
Speaker 9: We're designing bad plays or we're designing bad concepts.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just want to make sure I knew the roles here before I stepped in.
Speaker 7: It, don't I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to buy saying about me.
Speaker 3: That's not a resounding endorsement for your top employee.
Speaker 4: That playoff, oh YouTube become I don't know who y'all are.
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, I'm being honest with you. That's what I feel. I cannot wait till after the show and we have real talk.
Speaker 4: And let me be very clear, any change.
Speaker 6: I am not advocating, pushing for, or any of that.
Speaker 4: For a man to lose his job me, Mike will be fine.
Speaker 6: Like whether they fire him now or he walks at the end of the year. He's made twenty million dollars. Yeah, he ain't hurting.
Speaker 3: For them by a nice barn for twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Because he's not working.
Speaker 8: He's not doing what he's what he's been called to do, and that's to be a head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: No, he hasn't been called to be the head Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, because what is he doing right now? What is he doing right now? He's the head coach at the Dallas Cowboys. So he's been called I will tell you this, here's my here's my feelings.
Speaker 3: Even though y'all didn't ask stroll.
Speaker 5: As the camera people can see you doing that.
Speaker 8: He's I don't want Jesse. You know, Jesse, Jesse, don't cuss. But after the show, I get a fitted I'm gonna, oh my god.
Speaker 4: You get a stern message for me.
Speaker 3: I think as bad as it is right now, and as bad as the vibes are about this team, and as bad as everything the whole aura of what's going on around here from from ownership on down, if he turned this thing around and you wound up being eleven and six at the end of the season and you won one, maybe I think it's gonna take two playoff games, two playoff wins. But if you turn that around, I don't think you could let him go. I don't think the fan base. I think the fan base would.
Speaker 9: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I think the fan base.
Speaker 6: I think I think eleven and six and two play and two playoff wins foils the plan that the person in charge had in place, and that also.
Speaker 4: Gets you fired.
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: That's just my that's just my thought process. Yeah, because now we've we've lost our draft status.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we we we.
Speaker 6: We've you may have filled the players of the guy in charge eleven and six and two plans.
Speaker 5: Against there all. Let's take one more call before we get out of here. Who we got Chris?
Speaker 3: We got Chuck D and briggs Bridge City, Texas? Be quick, Chuck D.
Speaker 5: How do you feel today to the broadcast?
Speaker 16: Feeling great?
Speaker 5: How you feel like?
Speaker 10: I got heard you talk?
Speaker 5: You're talking slow?
Speaker 16: Well, Nate, This is for you man, Yes, sir, the ninety two championship game is my favorite game. I used to watch the DVD.
Speaker 5: Which game is that?
Speaker 16: That's the ninety two against the forty nine ers?
Speaker 5: Yes, sirsure, super Bowl run, Thank you sir?
Speaker 16: How did that feel? I mean, did y'all honestly think y'are gonna win that game? Or did y'all y'all kind of was like, man, we don't know about this.
Speaker 5: No, bro, No we we we win in that thing. No, we've gonna be big body banging.
Speaker 8: We were theb We brought the thunder, We set the pace, baby, we did all of the all of the crazy plays.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Charles Haley told us we was coming to get them boys. He opened it up with a sack on his old teammates. Yeah, we knew we was coming to get that. Only people that didn't know that was what's my man Chris Berman? Because he picked the.
Speaker 5: Forty nine ers and we wrecked his world. Yes, sir, he ain't been since.
Speaker 16: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, thank you for the call, man, appreciate it. Thank you for calling Divorce of Reason. Oh and was really going on, we will love you. What we doing Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Is Mike on one of your shows this week?
Speaker 5: Who that.
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 5: I don't think Shannon will be sure. We uh what we do a Cowboys office tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Yes, Cowboys offense, Cowboys defense, defense, don't brain the needle, don't bring.
Speaker 4: It's old stuff. Has a way to get Demo on the field.
Speaker 3: Thanks for keeping us on the air, Josh Darn, thanks for keeping a couple of roues back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: The Boys check your denseils.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.