Speaker 1: I'm not letting nobody else call me that. I'm letting mama what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: If they do, they gonna start laughing at your ass because they're nobody gonna be scared. You don't tap your feet like this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna distract them.
Speaker 2: I hope you steal off on them. Why you're doing that, because that's that is a good distructions that. Imagine somebody doing that and you looking down at them, just still like though I'm doing that. What are y'all gonna come from the side, y'all, I'm not coming. I'm not gonna starting doing that. Ain't they called you that? If anything, I'm gonna tap my feet.
Speaker 1: So somebody called me the N word, you wouldn't get out there with me.
Speaker 2: I would tap my feet while you come from off. Okay, either white, We in this together. And then once you got them down, once you knock them down, me and I'll probably we gotta lot together. We got them together. Worry God, I got your bag.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got a pay what's up, y'all? It's your girl les Pete, and it's your girls.
Speaker 3: Dread in the call.
Speaker 1: Now you are tuned in to another episode of Poor Mine.
Speaker 2: We're a drunk mind speaks sober.
Speaker 1: But we ain't got no guests today. We ain't got no guests today. You know, we usually do a good job of coordinating.
Speaker 3: We didn't today. Not the bankhead bounce.
Speaker 2: We we ain't in bank here, but we close. We're in the same city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's crazy. When I was younger, I used to want to be in Atlanta so bad.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be in Atlanta real bad. When they came out we Welcome to Atlanta, Oh my gosh. And then they had then they did the remix and had all in reference on the they have nobody from Houston, and I was like, I hate being from Houston. From Warren, I was like, Houston ain't got nobody representing on the.
Speaker 1: Trade, not representing on the trade. And I remember when what was that.
Speaker 2: Group called was it Cherish? I just thought they were just like so cool. They had Cherish?
Speaker 3: What was the other group? Remember VCO Soul Boston.
Speaker 2: So you're like me Area, Yeah that was my song. Yeah that was a good song. But yeah, Atlanta. Yeah, back in the day, I feel like this was probably the best city to live in. Like when Atlanta. I'm not in Atlanta when at L came out. Yeah, that's what I really wanted to live out here.
Speaker 1: That was when you heard that tagline it.
Speaker 2: Rock never Well, I found you, miss Snooks.
Speaker 1: I was a six that was a hit. Bubba Sparks was before his time, and I'm not gonna lie if.
Speaker 2: I wonder what he doing now. I wonder if he's still in college Parks.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get drug to hell for this.
Speaker 1: But in twenty twenty five, if I had to pick a white rapper or listen to out of Bubba Sparks in eminem, I'm choosing Bubba Sparks every time.
Speaker 2: But you don't. You're not gonna have that many songs. It don't matter at least what Buba Sparks said, because name another.
Speaker 1: Song when I look extra slick at as Nautica and just to think it was you that she bought a fuck.
Speaker 2: That don't blame me. I got a few Bubba Sports. Why do you know that you Bubba Sparkles track in my pocket? Bro? That's concerning because I only know Colli Park was fun. I'm can't no lie. Bubba Sparks first album was good. He has some hits on now. I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Remember Ugly remem.
Speaker 2: Oh. I do remember that song because it reminded me of something that Missy Elliott would make. It was a good song produced. That's probably why. Yeah, so that makes sense because it definitely sounded like Missy Elliot is. Yeah, so you're right, Bubba Sparks did have his Now me, I am still a little partial to Eminem. I don't care what nobody's saying. Eminem had he he did have. Especially if you was like in middle school and you was going through that rebellion space, he had you feeling like fuck, everybody probably gonna have to do a lot of bleepy.
Speaker 1: Okay, first, I feel like this Eminem. I'm never taking away from his artistry. So I know they're gonna clip this and drag me because Eminem has crazy sings.
Speaker 2: He does, I mean, and he has crazy he but he does.
Speaker 1: But what I'll say for me personally, his music didn't age well for me.
Speaker 2: A Detroit legend, who is listening to that.
Speaker 1: Me, you're listening to just lose it in the car. In the car when oh baby, come on, I'm.
Speaker 2: About to listen to toy Shoulder. Oh heard it that sense A little judgement, girl, I just a little judgement. What I listened to in the comfort of my own car is my beasties.
Speaker 1: Now if somebody turned on Superman, I listen to Superman. But I do know one thing though, they come there, go do Sunday Monday.
Speaker 2: That line was so hard Drakehead to receave. He did. He had to make a whole little new song anyways, I feel you.
Speaker 1: But like I said, that's you.
Speaker 2: You bet I'm back. No no, no, no, no no no no no, no, sir, because he wanted the Philly No no no, no, no no no, Like, what are we doing here? Felthy thought me, Like, yeah, he begged him. It's vague, that's all.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is what nobody is listening to that in twenty twenty five, Bro.
Speaker 2: That is how you introduce yourself. No, I don't. When you meet people, no I don't, you do You'll be like, Hi, my name is Lexi, Why lex By? No? We don't slim shady? Oh no respect? Where did the slim shady come from? Though?
Speaker 1: Because he was slim and shady he used to throw teeth in shade. Remember how I used to this, Christina Aguilera is so bad.
Speaker 2: But he was slim shady before that.
Speaker 1: No, he's always been shady.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, where did the name slim shady from? Does anybody in the.
Speaker 3: Room now He's not.
Speaker 2: Says that it emerged from a moment of inspiration while he was on the toilet, setting that it just popped into his head and he immediately thought of rhymes for it while he was on the toilet. I came up with a lot of good ideas on the toilet. I mean the toilet. The toilet is a great place to think. Well, I can't see that song you love that man bad. I think I'll get you. I think, yeah, because Chicago, she can't go a day without breathing this man up. You need to become his pen pal. He's gonna get the little though and be like, you're too old.
Speaker 3: I'm not like, I'm not joining in on this party.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing it. Thirty discuss, You got a little fool. Okay. At this point they should know we have dark humor.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I will say, damn, I forgot what I was gonna say. No, we was talking about Eminem and I was saying no disrespect to that man.
Speaker 3: His music just didn't age well for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You don't got not one song beside Superman, I promise y'all.
Speaker 1: This is when I had to give up on eminem. It was like around that time where like they were doing like the BT ciphers and stuff. This man, I don't remember the bar before and I don't remember the bar after. But he said, that's an awfully hot coffee pot.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, you cap you are so cap bro. Coffee pots do be hot, do they not?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: No, there's nothing so in the day. If you touching, you deserve to get burned. Is not talking about Okay, what was he talking about? I don't know, but it was that it did not eat. He said, I can't even get a yeah or who or a boo. Promise. He said that if you can't get a boo, you fuck girl. Y'all can get it me in a booth.
Speaker 1: So talking about, you know, the Atlanta days. But yes, I used to want to be in Atlanta so bad. But I used to want to be in Houston so bad.
Speaker 2: So are you?
Speaker 1: I was looking at y'all still tipping you.
Speaker 2: Wasn't looking at me? Yes, I want nowhere to be fine. Yeah, he was in class like this tipping. He was like, you was probably dancing just like that girl in front of that expedition. Why are you trying to be funny? That was my best friend cousin, Like, for real, I'm not even being funny. That was really her cousin. She was so proud. She was in Nabby. I don't know, she was so fish. She was very thick for the song shout out to her sickness. But she was definitely in that video. And then she was in that video with Webby and Buy and Bet she five foot seventh. Give me that, Yeah, give me that. She wasn't gimme that because my friend was so proud. She was like, oh my god, my cousin, she was instilled tipping, and now she in't give me that, and she couldn't wait to show me the video.
Speaker 1: Well, in her defense though, back then being a video bay.
Speaker 2: No, it was because I was like, oh my god. I was. I was like, oh my god, that is so crazy. I don't got no famous people in my family. I don't got no I did. I did think she was fighting. I was like, I have no famous people in my ma family.
Speaker 3: So you gotta think about it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: Being a video girl during those times was iconic.
Speaker 1: It was somebody had posted a clip of Big Boys video. I like the way you moved, Yes, and do y'all remember the girl that was standing with him, and she had the bikini on, and I never I didn't. Her name is Ka Toy. Of course y'all know I google everything, but I just remember.
Speaker 2: She had these legs.
Speaker 1: You could tell she worked out in this bubble butt in this small waist and it was like, oh my god, now she.
Speaker 2: Was doing She was that little CVD shite. Today we got fifty. I'm gonna make it feel the devil. You will not win. No, But for real, out of video girls did used to be fine. I mean they still be luky.
Speaker 1: No don't legs, they don't. They don't be cute deleting, all right.
Speaker 2: I think the problem is that everybody looks like the day.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, like people were unique, looky like when I popped out that pool, I was a unique looking Okay, I was I was very unique. Oh my god, you really came up. I thought, waking through the outside may shout out to zero new talent when he saw it, I mean he was on something. The funny thing is that you really think about that type of stuff. So like Zero could tell people I had lex Peed in my video before she was lex Speed oscar. Yeah, like I had my promise.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna shout Zero and I'll be like, yeah, Zero gave me my first break, first big break. That was the first time I was like on not on camera, but like on a professional camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thanks shout out to the people that believed in this before we believed in ourselves.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying humble beginning.
Speaker 2: Humble beginning, not really though, because it's humble beginnings being in the Zero video. Like humble beginning is when people be not lost in videos, for like artists that don't have no name.
Speaker 1: Yeah I almost say somebody's name, but I don't want to offend people.
Speaker 2: Who was you gonna say? When I think of like humble beginnings, I think of like if you were in my video, Yeah, like if you had a song, you you did have a song. Yeah, Lex had a song. So like if I would have been in Le's music video, that would have been a humble beginning. I was saying, like humble beginnings.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like being a video video girl is a humble beginning period.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter who video you in. That's a humble beginning. I don't know, Big pimping don't sound that bad. That's a humble beginning. Though.
Speaker 1: If you imagine if you were in Big Pimping video and you go off to be an Oscar Award winning actress, that's a humble beginning because you used to just be on the yacht pop and pussy. You see what I'm saying. That's a humble beginning. I don't care who video it is.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be the first, I think, because I don't think it was anybody that was. I think somebody did videos before and they want to Oscar her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we'll have to look into it.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we can see Viola David somewhere doing something.
Speaker 2: I doubt, y, I highly doubt. Let me stop. I love you doubt that that lady was still cheaping anywhere. Why would you say that?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I love her so much, so I hope nobody sends that to her because it would break my heart.
Speaker 3: I would never want to offend her.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, No, because you about to offend her. I'm not because I said that because everybody was.
Speaker 1: Young once, and that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We need to stop playing with that lady like this, okay, because that ain't plunny.
Speaker 3: It's not funny, but it's real.
Speaker 1: People had lies before you saw them be these great people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But the beautiful thing about our generation is a lot of it was not documenting. I feel like the newer generation everything every Yeah, like I lived a lot of lives. Y'all don't know about it though.
Speaker 1: Snapchat got it? Thought of a lot of my stuff.
Speaker 2: Snapchat do got it?
Speaker 1: Sure. That's why I want to never delete my Snapchat. It's so many good videos on there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. So real.
Speaker 1: Quick side note, So Ellen Pompeo just did call her daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh she did got out to Meredith Gray.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And it was so funny because the reason I said, like, people have lives because she was talking about Serena and Cordell from Love Island and she was like, oh.
Speaker 2: That my people.
Speaker 1: Because it's like, you don't think that these people be tuned in and knowing what's going on. So That's why I said it's very possible that Valladay was possibly did the music video not necessarily.
Speaker 2: A rap video.
Speaker 1: It could have been jazz and blues classical. They have music videos, they do, yes, they do.
Speaker 2: Bb King had video.
Speaker 3: Bb King definitely had videos. I saw one.
Speaker 2: What was he doing in the video? You don't even play the flue? You just be lying for no reason. And you see how you be talking about you don't be lying no more. I was playing the flu.
Speaker 1: Bebe can't definitely have music videos, though, I think it was more so like.
Speaker 2: A Verry White dude. Oh you just keep oh, you just keep oh, you just.
Speaker 3: Keep telling me.
Speaker 2: I thought the record was skippy, and I was like, damn, chopped and screw baby, and he had that good healthy They had a parn and it was laid and curled tight. That was the first big fine had relax. That was the Barry White was.
Speaker 1: The first big nigga that was showing you, big niggas, I can we can get bitches too. I'm telling you he was the first big nigga that really had that swag for real. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Better listen to what I'm talking about now. Very White, I mean he was giving like nineteen seventies records.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That was before it wasn't No, this was before Biggie, This was before heavy D. This was before all that shit. Oh you just keep oh, but very hand.
Speaker 2: His wife was beautiful. Okay, we see, Yeah, you like that. That's why she had to turn her hand. You bless me. Imagine if you open the door your man say that, I'm probably closing. Oh you're not turn around. No, you not that. That's why are you saying that to me? Oh? You just keep up. No, I'm gonna keep on walking what I'm going man, excuse me. I've always said that I would like to date somebody that could sing. No I do. I think I would not not sing like that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm talking about I think people who can sing like you. I think people who can really sing, but like haven't made it to what they want to do if they want to.
Speaker 3: Be singers are so annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh why would I date somebody who haven't made it?
Speaker 1: Well, No, I'm saying, like say they have, they're successful in like whatever they do, but they're not a singer.
Speaker 3: But they want to know. They want everybody to know they can sing.
Speaker 2: No, if I'm a date a singer, I want to date a singer like somebody that actually really say the people that be like, oh, it's your birthday and they be like happy everybody like no, you're right though. People who can sing, who like never reach their full potential of singing this really do this all the time, just like the humming. They be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They be like, I get discovered because they don't know who around. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it really do be like that. But I'm not mad at it because I mean, you could get discovered that way. Hey, you never know the CEO of an A or A and R is in a room missed opportunity. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I know people was losing the plot when we did the when.
Speaker 2: We did what's the Karaoke show we do?
Speaker 1: We just having fun and it was like people poor soul and they're not even contestant. It was like people in the audience afterwards like walking to us like singing, hey, hey, lex Man, listen, my baby mama, my baby mama.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make you my wife.
Speaker 3: I said, sir, I can't help you.
Speaker 2: I can't what's interesting? I feel like things like that happened to you. I don't know why walk up. That's what you be talking about. You got that ear?
Speaker 1: Them in.
Speaker 2: Music? They want you to plug them. They said, she got that ear. This is my moment. This is my mom their moment to shine. Okay, this is the one time, the one chance that they gonna get to impress Lick Speed. And they don't know who you know? They said, Lou, I know a call and I can't get you know exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on. Let's get into the first topic. Go ahead, Drea, Okay, what's up y'all? Is your girl XP and it is your girl draining a call? And if your a person who has been struggling with your credit like I was, I'm gonna tell y'all a secret, and it's called Kickoff.
Speaker 2: Yes, y'all, if your credit score is under six hundred, you can grow about eighty four points within the first few months using Kickoff. I personally use kickoff to help me get in my new apartment earlier this year. Any helped boost my score ACEL.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how much money you make. If your credit is bad, you cannot do nothing with all of your money. And I got a new apartment too. And I'm telling y'all, Kickoff got me right. My credit was shot. It was so bad. Kickoff got me together. If you have under a six hundred and credit, it can boost you up eighty four points in a year. If y'all know anything about credit, it is so hard to get those numbers up. So eighty four points in a year is literally life changing. So are you gonna do is go to get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds. That's kik o f f dot com backslash poor minds and get your credit together. Start building credit with Kickoff today and you can get your first month for as little as one dollar. That's eighty percent off of the normal price. When you go to get kickoff dot com slash poor minds today, that's Kickoff without the C. Get kik o f f dot com slash poor minds. Lem's find up you get kiff dot com slash poor minds. Actively offer offer a place to new kick Off customers.
Speaker 2: First month only, subject to approval. Offer subject to change.
Speaker 1: Avers first your credit score in pack of eight four plus points avnig score three pot oh Between January twenty twenty three and January twent twenty four for kickff credit account users who started with the score below six hundry, who pay on time, and who had no deliquacies or collections added to their credit profile during the period, layams negatively a pat your credit score individual, Re's open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm drying the call and I'm lex C And together we are travelins from Charleston to the streets of Cardina. We're eating good.
Speaker 1: M M, drinking good tires, and experiencing the beauty of different cultures.
Speaker 3: It would be fun.
Speaker 1: It're taking me to incredible destinations with a special focus on the black experience.
Speaker 2: Still Queens One Glow, Endlessponsibility Travel Queens Serious premiere Wednesday, April twenty thirty eight on the topic. This has kind of been trending on social media, so we were like, cool, let's talk about it. Do y'all think that it's okay for parents to have their children pay bills while they're still living in their house. Like, if you get your first job and you're finally making some income, is it okay for your parents to give you the responsibility of paying a bill. Do you feel like it actually teaches the child responsibility or do you think that it's some bullshits, So cause, yeah, I know what I think. I feel like, when you get a job, I do believe.
Speaker 1: That your parents' responsibility to teach you the value of a dollar and how to manage your money, because I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: My mom did not do that for me.
Speaker 1: So when I had a job, I've been working since I was fifteen, she us just let me have whatever and do whatever with my paycheck. She paid my phone bill, of course, everything. I never had to pay any bills. I didn't pay all of my bills one hundred percent by myself until I moved to Atlanta because even when I was in college, my mom was paying half of my rent, she was paying.
Speaker 3: My cell phone bill, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So while that did help me as far as I didn't have to stress about work so much because I was able to still have that college experience and stuff, it didn't teach me what I really needed to know about managing money. Yeah, so I feel like, I don't necessarily think you need to put that pressure on a child to pay a bill, but I think you need to show them how to save money. Okay, you know what, let me teach you about this. Put half of your paycheck right here, a thirty percent of your paycheck. Teach them money management. Don't just give your Let your kids take their paycheck and just do whatever with it. So I don't think necessarily they should be paying bills, but I think they.
Speaker 3: Need to learn about money management.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I definitely think that it's more so to me. You should be teaching your children how to say, how to in best like make them accountable for Okay, you get a paycheck every two weeks. Every two weeks when you get paid, you need to put five hundred dollars into a stock account because in ten years it's going to be quadruple that amount that can put in there that you invested in there. Like teach them the importance of things like that. But I just think asking your child to pay a bill, it's giving you short on the rentment. And I don't like that because I feel like children are supposed to be brought into the world because you want the child to be here. I just think putting responsibilities like that on them sometimes In a lot of ways, I think parents try to use their children to help them overcome struggles and stuff that they have going on, just like when parents be using their kids social Security numbers to put bills in their name and stuff like that. Oh, because I couldn't get it in my name, now I'm gonna put it in my child name. And then when your child turn eighteen and they're trying to get their first credit card or get their first apartment or whatever the case, maybe they credit is shite and they can't get shit in they name because you fucked they should. I think that that's fucked up, and I think, unfortunately, especially in a black community, a lot of parents do that. And they tried to play it off as Oh, I'm trying to teach you responsibility by getting you to pay the light billch No, this is your life, this is the lights in your home. I live here because you birth me. I didn't ask to be here. Why should I have to pay a light bill? You know what I mean? I do feel like you're right as far as not fucking your money off, Yeah, every week, because my mom definitely when I got a job, hear and my dad they didn't make me pay no bills. Well, I definitely just used to do what I wanted with my money too, And I feel like it didn't teach me any type of responsibility. It's other ways that you could teach your children responsibility when it comes to their money, outside of having them pay your household bills for you.
Speaker 1: So, how do y'all feel about when that child eighteen though, and they're still in their parents' home, do you think they should be helping then? If they're graduate, if they're out of high school, and.
Speaker 3: If they're in college or not in college.
Speaker 1: If they're eighteen, they're out of high school and now they're technically an adult and they're still in their parents' house, should they be helping with the bills?
Speaker 2: I think it depended on the circumstance, like what are you doing? Are you working? Are you trying to figure out what you want to do with your life? Are you in school? If you're in school, I'm not going to ask you to pay for anything. But if you think you just about to be in my house with no plan, doing nothing, then yeah, you gonna have to contribute some kind of way. Because you're grown now and living here. Having to help pay a bill is better than you having to go get your own apartment and pay for everything. But if you have a plan, you in school, you going to a trade school. Excuse me, you're trying to figure out what you want to do with your life. I'm not going to make you pay for anything, cause you're trying to figure it out and life is hard enough. What you think, sal Yeah, I was gonna say, I agree. I feel like if they're if I'm in college and I'm just coming home on holidays maybe the summer, maybe it's my responsibility to get a job so I can pay for gas or help around the house. But having a bill for that child, I think you should just be able to set them up so that they have they're able to save their money. Again to your point, making sure they know what to do with it, how to save it, but not necessarily putting things in their name and having these big grown up responsibilities until it's that time.
Speaker 3: If you're living.
Speaker 2: There three sixty five all year, you're not going to school, Yeah, you need to get a job and you need to definitely be helping out around here.
Speaker 1: So I do think too, it's crazy because I always regret not paying attention in school. I had a teacher, it was I think my geography teacher. He took one not semester, but like a six week period, we didn't learn any geography.
Speaker 2: He took that whole six week period to teach.
Speaker 1: Us about stocks, and I remember none of us were paying attention.
Speaker 3: We were just like, why do we need to learn this?
Speaker 1: And I feel as an adult as thirty five years old now I'm thinking back to my sixteen year old So I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, girl, why you did and listen?
Speaker 1: Because imagine if I would have listened and just took a little fifty dollars from my paycheck and figured out how to Oh, mom, can I do this? But again, my mom didn't know about you know, stocks and bonds and things like that.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot.
Speaker 1: Of the time we need to switch up the curriculum in the schools. I think there's a lot of things like why, And I think I've said this before. Why am I learning about credit when I turn eighteen?
Speaker 2: Why am I?
Speaker 1: Why are kids learning that their credit is shot because this and that happened to them. They don't even know nothing about credit? Why don't we know how to purchase properties? That these are all life skills that we need to learn. We should know about taxes, stocks and bond We should learn about all this stuff like skills that we're actually gonna need as adults. So unfortunately, in the black community, I feel like they can only teach us so much because a lot of it's a lot of financial literacy in our community, because unfortunately, my mom didn't teach me these things because she probably really didn't know. My mom was fortunate enough to have an amazing job, so she made a lot of money. And you know, when my dad passed, he left her a lot of money, so she was able. She was just not lucky, but that's the cards that she was dealt.
Speaker 3: So we were always just taken care of.
Speaker 1: But if my mom would have liked something would have happened, if she would have lost her job or something like that, she probably would.
Speaker 3: Have known what to do, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we really have to teach our youth about managing money because a lot of times their parents don't know and they do need to help.
Speaker 3: And not saying that it's right or that it's wrong.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's like we don't know nothing about generation No. Well, you know, you see us having these conversations about fifty to fifty. Why are we talking about fifty fifty when we need to talk about how can we pass this on to our kids and we can build something together. Y'all talking about splitting rent? Who cares who pays the bills? Bro, let's get the bills paid, but let's invest in something, Let's save something. Who All these conversations are so silly, and even us we have indulging these conversations before. But like I said, as I get older, I realized, there is a bigger picture here that we are all missing.
Speaker 3: You are if your purpose is telling your.
Speaker 1: Child, hey, pay the light bill because you don't got it, that's different from hey, put it on this light bill because I'm trying to show you, or you know, whatever the case may be. So I feel like, no matter what you're doing with that money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then I was gonna say, or maybe you could be telling them that, But then the whole time, you're creating an account for them, and then when they turn eighteen or when they turn twenty one, you're giving the money back to them. Right, the purpose was to teach them responsibility exactly, But I just think, yeah, using the money to pay your bills as a parent, that's just crazy. Wow to crazy? But do y'all think that a lot of parents do that to try to teach their children like teamwork and family responsibility.
Speaker 1: Now, I do think, you know, things are different, cause, like I said, financially right now, we are in a very very tough economy. And you know, if you do have a household, if you have like you know, a single mom or a single dad, and you have a child that's sixteen seventeen and they are working, you know, if you even if they're only taking two hundred dollars from the kid, that probably would help, you know, if that's somebody who's not making a lot of money. So I think it could be a good lesson in that as well, contribute, to learn how to contribute and not just being for self. But like I said, it's a very thin line with that. It's a very fucking thin line because I am all for community and helping each other, but I'm also not for a sixteen year old stressing themselves out to pay bills.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say. I just feel like, as a teenager, why am I responsible for the family?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 2: Right? You know? And unfortunately that kind of goes back into what I was saying earlier. I really wish it's kind of off topic, but I feel like sometimes people be having children to help them help with other and help them help with like family responsibilities. So that shouldn't be the reason why you having a child and bringing a child into these worlds. It's to help you with where you're lacking.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what a lot that we're missing in the black community. I feel like that's why we need family units again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We used to have neighborhoods where neighbors helping everybody, pitching it, you know, like it takes a village. We don't have villages no more. You know how many times I get online and I see a woman or a man crime because they don't have any help, Like what happened to community? Like, I'm not gonna lie y'all. Growing up in my neighborhood, my mom sometimes would have to leave for work, but we had our neighbors were right there and they'd be like, hey, if y'all need anything, come over, and they would come over, knock on the door, y'all good. You know, they would order pizza for us and make sure we straight. But it was a neighborhood like everybody knew each other, you know what I'm saying. It was like it was really taking a village even now our neighbor because like, you know, my mom has passed away, so my neighbors on the other side, they have literally turned their camera to my mom's house just to make sure nobody breaks in the house or no, you know what I'm saying. So it's like they're like, Okay, we making sure that nobody comes in the house since nobody's there anymore. So I feel like that sense of neighborhood of helping each other out is very important. But that's why a lot of these parents are relying on.
Speaker 2: Their kids, cause people don't help folks out no more.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of shame. It's a lot of shame of.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't do good in life and you're only making minimum wage and you and you know, it's a lot of shame in that too.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I just feel like, if you don't know how to handle your money, you need to learn how to handle your money. You don't need to put the responsibility off on other people. Because I feel like if you're putting a responsibility off on other people to help you every time you get in a buying where's the listening being learned as an adult as I've grown up adult as a parent. If you are always counting on other people to help you, you're never going to who learned the importance of saving, investing all of these things yourself, or just not living above your means. I hate to say stuff like these cause I feel like it's a little bit harsh, but like back in the day, people was having thirteen kids fourteen keys because the cost of living was cheap. It's hell, Like no, literally, the cost of living was so fucking cheap, Like you could literally feed a family of ten. You can go get some steaks for like twenty dollars and it will feed a family of ten for like two weeks, you know what I mean. That's just not how things are anymore. So I feel like, also, if you can't afford to take care of all of these kids, why are you having all of these kids?
Speaker 3: And that's a sensitive topic.
Speaker 2: Too, it is, and I understand that it is, but like even I'm just looking at it from a standpoint of like my mom, like I said, my parents didn't make me pay any bills when I got a job, My money was just for me. They still paid my car note, they still paid my cell phone bill. I think I did start paying my cell phone bill like my senior year high school. But my parents paid all of my bills. But my mom said, the reason that she wanted to be that way with me is because her dad was not that way with them. My grandfather, he actually owned a whole bunch of restaurants in Houston back in the day, like in like the seventies, sixties and seventies and eighties, and of course my mom and all her siblings would work at the restaurants. And she basically was telling me like, he didn't used to pay them, and when he did used to pay them, like and they used to work part time hours, twenty hours, thirty hours a week. He didn't used to pay them because he felt like y' all my kids, of course y'all gonna work here. And then when he did pay them, my mom said, they used to have to help him pay the bills. And so as soon as all of them turned eighteen, they hauled ass and got the heel up out the house. They didn't want to stay there no more because it's like, yeah, because it's crazy. And I said that to say, but my mom also had a big family, like it was like six of them so all together in the household. Then with my grandparents, a's eight people. Why you had six kids and you couldn't take care of I just kind of be looking at stuff like that too, because it's not your children responsibility, Like you decided to start these restaurants. And I love my green daddy Rip damn. Yeah. I mean he died at an old age though, like he didn't die young. He was like eighty five, right, okay, okay, But I loved my grandaddy. He was super sweet before what my mom to me before when my mom used to tell me he was something else when they was like growing up. And I just think that that is a crazy responsibility to put off on your children. I started these businesses, these businesses are not flourishing the way that I would like them to, or I can't afford to hire the appropriate help, so I'm just gonna have my kids work here and not pay them.
Speaker 1: I also think too, now we also have access to a lot of knowledge that we weren't able to know about in when your mom was younger, and right, there's a lot of information. You know, there used to be the same and I don't want to fee anybody.
Speaker 3: But it was real.
Speaker 1: There was like, if this is a black community, black people talking to other black people, They're like, if you want a high something from black people, put it in the book. You know what I'm saying, because they knew, like we would just go off of whatever and just believe whatever people told us.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy because at one point we used to love to read because we could eat like it was forbidding, right, right.
Speaker 1: So I think now the fact that we have access to I mean, there's so many young women, young men on the internet that literally teach you, Hey, if you only have X, y Z to invest or save, let me show you how to do it.
Speaker 3: Let me show you how to make your money grow.
Speaker 1: That's how I started saving my money. Like when I started making money, I said, I don't want to lose this money. So what happens if you know, knock on wood, poor minds falls apart. How can I make sure if I have no income coming in that I can.
Speaker 2: Last for at least a year or two and be straight.
Speaker 1: I got on YouTube, you know, I did some research. I talked to people. So the fact that we have access to things. So I know a lot of y'all listening like, okay, but you know, if I'm you know, working from paycheck to paycheck, I under I do under staying that, but coming from somebody who was working from paycheck to paycheck, and I figured it out. And even though I was looking, I had three dollars, I did, but I was learning how to take my money and invest a little bit of money I did have into my business and little and taking little things here and there. There are small things that you can do. But we have access to so much information, y'all.
Speaker 2: We really really do.
Speaker 1: And I truly believe that we are now in the day and age where anything has always been possible, but today anything is possible. You have people online who are learning how to do digital marketing who don't know nothing about a computer, but they.
Speaker 3: Just sat there and figured it out.
Speaker 1: You got people who do day trading who didn't know how to do it, but they figured it out and they're literally, you know, making a thousand dollars a day figuring all that stuff out. So I think, if you have the time and the patience and you really are thirsty for knowledge, you can do better for your household to create something that's long lasting. Because one thing my mom said to me, though she always said, I didn't do everything right, but I'm gonna make sure you get it right, you know what I'm saying. That's what I always tell people that Lexp went through that, so you ain't got to go through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't think you should make your kids pay bills. I don't think so either. And I think like, if you are going through a financial hardship, are you going through something and you do have to ask your kids to help you with something that's understandable because it's like if it's between the lights getting turned off, are you asking your kid, can you please help me Patty's bill? That's fine, but I feel like you should definitely get him back the money. Oh yeah, yeah, when you get back on your fee, you should get him the two hundred dollars big or they three hundred dollars big. And I was just gonna say, I know that that is a touchy subject when we start talking about like how many kids people are having and stuff like that, But I don't know. I'm just a very strong advocate for children are not your child is not supposed to come into this world and be responsible for you or live a life of struggle.
Speaker 1: No, And I said that because I know it's a sense of subject.
Speaker 2: But I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I remember one time your best friend Lean had tweeted something, Oh, I'm not gonna beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Len is crazy.
Speaker 1: But i mean everybody was just eating her up, and I'm like, why are y'all doing her? She's right?
Speaker 2: Am? I feel like, if.
Speaker 1: You are not comfortable yourself and you are waking up and you were crying and you were struggling, why would you want to bring a child into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that you gotta be a millionaire, right, you at least have a community around you. I mean, things happen, Accidents happen. I'm not saying that, and I'm not I just think that.
Speaker 3: We should be careful.
Speaker 2: I mean because it's because this is a thing too. Like you said, sometimes things happen. And I can understand. Okay, you get pregnant, you like I'm pregnant. I love the person that I'm we I'm gonna have the baby. Having five, though, is a choice when your situation have been changed having one, Okay, I get it, having five out and you still in the same situation and you still struggling. I just feel like that's like a choice. And then when your children get old enough to work, you're expecting them to contribute to the household. Like, no, this is never gonna see right with my and I don't really care who would have been right. And that's why I said, speaking of because don't do your keys.
Speaker 1: Like getting pregnant and stuff like that in the black community. I want y'all, before y'all be eating us up, just stay tuned to the bed topic today because I'm gonna tell y'all why things y'all are worried about the wrong things.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna get med to that later. So all in all, I.
Speaker 1: Think we all agree, Yeah, teach your kids money management, but stop making them pay.
Speaker 2: Your bill's strife absolutely.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Tom, what we drinking today?
Speaker 2: Okay? So this is our solo episode and we've had a lot of guests. Yes, we're gonna call this one the Girl's Girl, all right, cause we're behind here, all right. So for this one, you can do any spirit of choice. You can keep it a mocktail, or make it into a cocktail. I've added some passion fruit. We have a little bit of grapefruit, a little bit of lemon. I made a bagel, honey, a little bit of ginger beer, and then I used honey mango. So it's really good. It was a little bit tard. I don't know, it wasn't ripe enough good, but it was really good. I really thought y'all would like it because it has that tartness to it, and I think it goes really well with the passion fruit and a grapefruit too. This mango is juicy as hair. Yes, that's the honey mango garnish. The honey mango is garnish. And then a little bit of basil in there, just to get a little give it a little color to it. Oh but oh, you just I see what you mean by the tartness. So my eyes, it's good though, So we're gonna play with that a little bit more. But that this is the girl's girl. Thank you. Gus. Of course, realm another little CBD shops. I know you was cursing a lot.
Speaker 1: He was like, because, motherfucker, because fuck that, because the fucking motherfucker.
Speaker 2: When the fu fucking it. Fucked, it got fucked on the to be like bleed bleed, bleed bleed. I'm sorry, and I didn't realize that I had some potty mouth. You couldn't weigh an episode normally because normally I be trying to wait until like the five minutes past. You couldn't wait to be working booty by, say Booty Park College. That's what they're laying. It is low.
Speaker 1: It is the booty parks. This lady that walks around midtown. Okay, you know what I'm talking about. Maybe she got the biggest wagon I have ever seen, and she be walking fast.
Speaker 2: Where does she be going? So she's usually around the.
Speaker 1: Target said, it's me surprised she'd be walking around like target, the target area. And I mean that thing is so and she'd be walking fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she walks really fast.
Speaker 3: She has headphones on.
Speaker 1: She's always in like a T shirt, some you know, workout pants see all the time.
Speaker 2: And that booty is just so rotan. I love a rotund booty.
Speaker 3: It's so rotun.
Speaker 1: But like shout out to huhout out.
Speaker 2: To the queen. In meantime, shout out of it. Oh, y'all said that on this song, it's me surprise. Why did he say that? Do you ever just be listening to the.
Speaker 1: Songs sometimes with surprise. Jock's first album was a masterpiece, and he was robbed of the Grammys he deserved.
Speaker 2: Now he definitely deserves some Grammys for that. It was. It was definitely a mess. I'm trying to We gotta stop cussing so much. We never gonna become a We never gonna become legit say nigga and pussy too much. Oh my gosh, we are to cross over, but that be leg saying but busy.
Speaker 1: Bussy is a crossover word though, that in the other community, because you know, we said, we're trying to bring in the latinas the White, the Indians. We want everybody to tune in. Bussy is a universal word that that is in the LGBTQ community. They all use it.
Speaker 2: I say bussy occasionally, like when it's feeding for the topic. You'll just be saying bussy just to say busy. I think you like mine. It's like, I'm not mad at it because I know what it represents. And no, Miguel didn't say bussy. He said, tell me that that pussy is mine.
Speaker 3: The p word is not universal.
Speaker 2: Though I like the p words, some people don't like I don't like it. I like it pussy that pussy real not that all out too. But yeah, I don't know bussy is universal. I understand what it represents, and I'm glad that they have a word to represent what they needed to represent. I don't like it, though I do bussy. It's remind me too much of buto. And then so when I think of butdh sy, I think of something that's stained. And I know all bussies don't stain, don't I know all?
Speaker 3: Have you ever smelled the bussy?
Speaker 2: I smelled my bussy? You gotta everyone has a bussy if you're using it for their purpose. I mean I do have.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, have you ever smelt somebody else's bussy?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 1: Never mind, I don't know why that it was a girl. I don't care if it was a girl.
Speaker 2: A burrol, I feel like I had to clarify. I'm just this is not a burrel. I've never slept with a burrel. Oh my gosh, what do we call a burrow? On our show? Okay? Rolling rolling up? Okay, come back on the show. I can say I've never slept with a burrow a shim.
Speaker 3: I think shim is actually offensive.
Speaker 2: You think so, I think they.
Speaker 1: I think like burrel is cute and funny, but I think that that one is like because people use that to be offensive. Really this women and sis men assistment.
Speaker 2: See, I didn't think that. So I apologize if that's an offensive word or direction. I don't know if I just made that up as well. Okay, see you apologizing it. You don't even know. But no, because I said that. Yeah, I don't mind apologizing because I don't want to offend anybody. But I said it because when I think of shim, I just think of like she and him mixed together, just like girls boy and girl mixed together.
Speaker 1: But I feel like, I know I'm but I'm not trying to be funny. I feel like I've seen a comment or something that somebody said it was offensive, but I don't know if that person was offended or it was offending the community, you know, gotty gotty, Well, I'm just like a difference with like the E R and the A.
Speaker 2: Mmm. You know, and that bothers me too, because people love to think that that word is universal and it is indeed not what A or E R both. Yeah, you shouldn't be saying none of them if you look like this, you know I love her? Good? Yeah, why are you saying it?
Speaker 3: They want to say it bad, too.
Speaker 2: Real bad, And that may even go for some of our mulatto brothers and sisters. Y'all should not say it either, because if we can't look at you until you just shouldn't say you should just not say.
Speaker 3: Brothers and sisters.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree, because I feel like if I have to look at you and be like, are you sure you can say that, just don't say ah, don't say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's but you know what, I'm getting to that age where I like, I don't know, like I am trying to really remove it from my vocabulary.
Speaker 2: Me too, That's what I was saying. I really, I can't wait till the day that we just don't say that word anymore on the shop, you know what. I've already had for a time.
Speaker 1: I know, but you know, it's actually harder for me not to say now it's not.
Speaker 2: The A, S, E R no, because you have a problem. I do, because I've never used the hardy do I use it a lot.
Speaker 3: You know that's me and Laura.
Speaker 2: It's too traumatizing.
Speaker 3: You know that's me and Lauren's nicknames for each other.
Speaker 2: I know, hey, little yeah, y'all be calling each other day. Y'all are so weird. You, you and Lauren are so strange.
Speaker 1: That when we entered the phone and wrong, she'd be like, I don't know. I think I just felt like I took the power back.
Speaker 2: You didn't take the power back, so like, I feel like it is so offensive to our incenses. They fought so hard for us to not be called no.
Speaker 1: They fought hard for our freedom to do what we want and to live on.
Speaker 2: This be called that anymore. But I took the I'm not letting nobody else call me that. I'm letting my move. What you're gonna do if they do, they're gonna start laughing at your ass because they don't gonna be scared. You don't tap your feet like that.
Speaker 1: It's gonna distract them.
Speaker 2: I hope you steal off on them. Why you're doing that, because that's that is a good distructions that. Imagine somebody doing that and you looking down at the steal off like I'm doing that. What are y'all gonna come from the side, y'all, I'm not coming. I'm not gonna started doing that. Ain't they called you that? If anything, I'm gonna tap my feet. So somebody called me the N word. You wouldn't get out there with me. I would tap my feet. Why you come from Okay, either white? We in this together. And then once you got them down, once you knock them down, me and I'll probably were together. You gotta them together. You don't worry. God, I got your man, That's what I'm saying. But then afterwards, I would give you a last she.
Speaker 3: Now that's race.
Speaker 2: Doctor Umar say that one thousand last years. I would give you one thousand last years after because you be saying it. That's why they probably thought they could.
Speaker 1: Say you have said it on poor mind, you.
Speaker 2: Have said the herd e R. I would go find the club and I would get inserty hobby inserted right We're gonna get flat, We're gonna get bleeve the er but inserted right here. Okay, let's this show is sponsored by Better Health. What's up y'all? As your girl XP and it's your girl draining the call.
Speaker 1: And y'all know we swear by this and we absolutely love therapy. And this is your sign to sign up for therapy at betterhelp dot com. Yes, y'all, it is mental health Awareness month, so you need to go to therapy. A recent survey at twenty six percent of Americans d said that they have not seeked out therapy. That is so crazy, y'all, go to therapy especial she will better help.
Speaker 2: It's no excuse. It's really affordable, it's easy to access, and if you need to change therapists, they make it easy to do it and you can access it from wherever you are.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's entirely online.
Speaker 1: So all you gonna do is go to better help dot com backslash poor Minds and you'll get ten percent off of your first month.
Speaker 3: That's better help.
Speaker 1: H g LP dot com backslash poor Minds.
Speaker 2: We're all better with help.
Speaker 1: Visit betterhelp dot com slash poor Minds to get ten percent off of your first month.
Speaker 2: That's better help.
Speaker 3: H g LP dot com Slash poor Minds.
Speaker 2: What's up y'all? At Your Girl XP and it's your Girl Draining the Call and we have.
Speaker 1: A very exciting announcement today.
Speaker 3: We have a brand new show dropping.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have a brand new show dropping y'all on Patreon. It's gonna air on September second, and it's called Poor Chronicles. We're gonna be doing so much stuff on there. We're gonna be doing challenges. If you can't go to Bell and che where the hell could you go? If you can't go to Bell on Noche? What the hell we're gonna be doing? Talk to me, chit chat with me. He's gonna be speeling a little tea. Oh my god, No you didn't. God, everything y'all been wanting to see, We're gonna be doing it right here on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all ask us for so much. Well, we've been to give it to y'all every single Monday, and it's gonna be a time. Y'all know Poor Minds has grown into its own little entity. Well, we're gonna have a lot of fun still over here at Poor Chronicles. So make sure y'all tune in September second.
Speaker 3: It's going down.
Speaker 1: Thanks having your friends back and fighting with your friends. We want to talk about constantly being your friends therapists while they're in a toxic relationship.
Speaker 2: Please pass the my tomato. Tomato.
Speaker 3: We don't like that.
Speaker 2: No, after a while. No, in the beginning years, for sure, everybody need a soundboard, everybody needs somebody to be to. Everybody needs somebody to talk to. But after a while, though, if you are still in a toxic situation, or you're complaining about this person all the time, but you don't want to leave, especially if it's not like.
Speaker 1: A, I don't want to leave it, leave it.
Speaker 2: It was good? Because what made him go in the studio that day, if they stacked to hold your down? But what made him say, I ain't my leave it.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid on your neck for the rest of your life. Ho and me, it's not good. It's never been good.
Speaker 2: When we really think about it, and we're not. Maybe we'll get into this for the bop signy, but Trey songs you just said a few questionable things. Get into that anyway if you don't want to. But if you yeah, if you don't want to leave the situation, especially if it's not like ZV. I don't want to hear about these because I can understand when women be in domestic abuse and violent situations where they be afraid for their life. Believe that's completely different. That's not what we're talking about. I'm talking about you just being a stupid bed and you just want to talk to me about it all the time. After a year or two that you've been with these persons, I have ran out of my capacity to listen. I truly have. And I feel like for some people that's probably gonna sound a little harsh, but I think that these days that's what we have therapies for. You should us talk to your therapies because as a friend, and I feel like lex kin ofticities, you can come and talk to me about stuff, and I'm gonna try to not be judge me, so I'm gonna listen to what you have to say. I'm not gonna tell you what I'm not sure. I'm gonna try because I am because sometime when it comes to niggas, damn again, when it comes to these when it comes to these men, I'm not gonna lie when it comes to situations with my friends with me, and this is what I will say. I do feel like you can come and talk to me about whatever, and I'm not gonna say nyhing. I'm gonna just listen to you. I'm gonna hear you out and unless you ask me for my opinion, that's the only time I'm gonna just give you my opinion or tell you what I think you should do. But after a certain period of time, I just don't want to hear the sheet no more because I am that type of friend who I'm just gonna let you be into me. I'm gonna let you talk to me. I'm not gonna give you my unbiased opinion for no reason. So after a while, especially if you ask me and I tell you, friend, I don't really think this is the best situation for you. I don't really feel like the love and the energies being reciprocated by him. What you're giving into the relationship, it's not what you're getting back out of it. And if I tell you that stuff any you still choose to stay, and you steady keep coming back to me talking to you out the same stuff. I just don't got the energy no more talk to your therapy.
Speaker 1: So I one hundred percent understand where you're coming from, because it does get aggravated. But I'm a little bit on the opposite end. I think you know that about me. I don't give a damn how many times you taking the man back. Sometimes people have to keep going back till they're tired. And you're gonna keep going back until you get tired. So I'm the friend that's like, I'm gonna listen, I'm gonna be here. But I will say I'm not the friend that's I'm just gonna be a listening ear. I'm finna tell you how bad he sucks. I don't like him. I'm gonna give you my opinion, whether you ask for it or now. See, I try not to tell I'm finna eat him up every time. Now, there are two situations that I don't play with. There's two things that that's. This is when I get mad because you have to cut him off and it's no hands, it's or butts about it. If he put his hands on you, and if he have a baby on you. Those are two things that I'm not tolerating that for any of my friends. Now, if it's like a cheating situation, or you know, he's not being as attentive, you know the other relationship problems which are are as bad too, Like I can handle you talking to me about that over and over again, and I'm be like, hey, look what we're doing today, how we feeling today? Are we crying today? Are we sad today? Are we happy today? Let me be here in any capacity that I can. But I will say now, I am a vocal person. Hey friend, I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm going through something today. I'm having a day. I can't take that today. I don't have the capacity to listen to this today. But my friends know that about me, so they're like, okay, friend, I understand.
Speaker 2: I'll call you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. My friends know my boundary. So hey, les, you good? Can you talk? I got this going on? Oh yeah, what's up? What's going on? You know what I'm saying. So, but like I said, now, if this man that had a baby on you, are he gonna put his hands on you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? You getting them? You getting them lashings. You gonna get them fucking lashes If you talking to me about a cheating man too, I don't want to hear you talking to me about a man they keep I don't care to he not putting his hands on you. I don't care if he didn't go have a baby on you. He keep cheating on you, and you think you about to keep calling me talking to me about it? Absolutely not, are you so.
Speaker 1: I will say my friend's gonna get tired or talking to me about them. I'm not finna be like, girl, I hear you, but I'm gonna be like, you're dumb.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing too, I feel like that's fair to say. Eventually people will get tired. Sometimes people just don't get tired. That's when you have to just draw the line of I'm not least right, I just don't. I don't want to. I'm here for you, like you know what I mean. If you need me or if you decide to work up with him, you need somebody to be there for you. Cool, but I just don't want to hear you calling me telling me about the same thing as men keep doing to you over and over and over, and you won't leave when you have free will.
Speaker 3: Cause I'm not gonna lie I'm a safe space. But I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not either, not like that because I'm not gonna talk. We not about it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you know this ain't it. We're not about to talk. We're not about to keep talking about it. I'll say this, I'm a safe space. I'm not gonna tell your business. But I'm not a safe space if you think you're fnna vent to me, and I'm not gonna have an opinion like you do a good job of like not having an opinion and just listening. I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna tell you you're better than this, and I can't believe that you're actually dealing with this.
Speaker 2: Ain't shit man, until though, don't forget to until until what I do a good job of doing it, until I don't want to hear the shot no more. Like after a while, I definitely get to a point where I just be having to tell my friends, like give them my unsolicity opinion. If you have been talking to you about these men for seven months, a year and evening the same stuff, I'm gonna be like, okay, because I can even give people grace. I feel like you can give a man. You can give your friend grace. We'll talking to you about a situation for like a good six months, maybe even the first year. But then if after a year, now, yere's.
Speaker 3: A long time. I didn't know we were talking about.
Speaker 2: This territory what you mean like territory, but a year, I'm thinking, what are you talking about though, are you talking about like like say, okay.
Speaker 1: For example, say it's a man who's cheating. Oh, you ain't about to talk to me about that?
Speaker 2: Four month?
Speaker 3: Oh a month, so you have a month you.
Speaker 2: Can talk to I'm playing maybe not a month. But I just don't staying with somebody that's cheating on you as a choice, right right of course, especially like I said, if you're not in an abusive relationship, you're choosing to stay there, you could go find you a man that's faithful. I just don't really have a capacity to hear you complain about these men when you are not leaving or you are not setting any boundaries, and it's not no changes being made on his behalf. I just want I'll just be wanting better for my friends, and I think sometimes that can come off judgmental, and that's okay. I'm cool with looking judge if that's the reason why I look judgy to you, because I want you to do better.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is it takes some people longer to walk away than it does others.
Speaker 3: But I will say this.
Speaker 2: For me, I'll really be trying to take these Like you said.
Speaker 1: I keep had one thing that I worked on in these past three years. We have to learn to find this happiness within the problem. This is the problem. I'm gonna rouffle some feathers with this one. When you have low self esteem and not a lot of confidence about yourself, you stay in situations that are bad for your mental health. Now, if you're in a situation a man is cheating, or maybe he's not taking you on dates, whatever the issue is, if you don't feel like it's taking a toll on you, and you're like, okay, I'm trying to figure it out, then cool. But if you start you're crying every night. Your confidence is shot. You're losing your sparkle, you're losing your glow. You need to look within because your confidence is tied into this person.
Speaker 3: If you had confidence about.
Speaker 1: Yourself, you would be okay with walking away. You are this amazing woman that you know that you are, that you truly believe that you are, you would be okay with walking away.
Speaker 3: And I'm not talking shit.
Speaker 1: That's something that I had to learn, not in this last relationship I was in, but the one before that, right, I stayed in that because I let this person break.
Speaker 3: Me down, so where I felt like Oh.
Speaker 1: I have to because nobody else is gonna want me, and I let that person do that to me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, billions of people in the world, it's already it's always somebody else who's gonna want you.
Speaker 1: Especially if you I'm really hurt period. Unfortunately for these men, I'm really her. So walking away from a situation is really not that hard for me anymore. So I know all the ladies and all my friends are not there. So that's why I say I do have a little patience because I was that girl before, so I think I have a little bit more patience for it. But I will say, you're not finna get up. Oh I understand, Oh yes, well this is no You're finna get it, bitch, You're finna get it. But you now, you and your friends are all like that. I feel, I can honestly say.
Speaker 2: Because when you tell because it's been times where you have told me stuff that they have said to you about people that you dated and stuff, and it made me med. Remember, because I just be like, they don't need to tell you that all the time. Because I do feel like that. I feel like, if you know somebody is going through a messed up situation. You don't need to keep throwing it in their face that they're stupid or that they need to leave. I needed that though, I did you, Yes.
Speaker 1: But I feel I'm not a tough love person, but my heart is so big, and you know me, I will give anybody the shirt off my fucking back. And sometimes it's like, hey, Lex, this person is using you, this is not good for you.
Speaker 2: Wake the fuck up. But it's different when I think people don't know, like you really have women out here that are just naive and stupid. You not naiven stupid. Yeah, you knew and I always knew you knew that that particular person wasn't she, and like you could do better than you knew that because it would be many times where you would be meaning to me about him and I wouldn't even have to say nothing and you would say yeah, So I feel like you knew. You don't need me pounding on you like les, yeah, he ain't shitting you stupid for staying with him, right. I would rather just tell you, don't talk to me about it, go talk too.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I'm so aware of myself now now as you say that. Therapy is getting harder for me because my therapists really can't tell me.
Speaker 3: She's like you already know.
Speaker 2: And also too cybor and it's it's not to try to be shady, but it was always also giving pot meets kittle. What when you would tell me, oh, oh yeah, the stuff that some people would tell you it like And that's because that's the thing for me too. I can I can say this is a problem I have. Can't nobody come tell me what the fuck I need to do When I'm looking at what you do and what you're doing is not any better than what I'm doing. Why should I take your advice?
Speaker 1: Because look at who you are dealing with, right, I think, But it's easier on the outside looking in.
Speaker 3: That's why I say I don't care what. I don't care what you got going on.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I know.
Speaker 3: I need to hear something.
Speaker 1: I need to hear that for me, that's what I need to hear. Like you have done everything you could do, girl, walk away. This person is not good for you because honestly, in that situation, because it was around the time my mom passed, if I didn't have them beating it into my head like that, it could have went somewhere where it didn't need to go, you know what I'm saying, because the mental state I was in, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I think for me though, I'm just such a different person now what you was about to say about therapy, but.
Speaker 1: In therapy, therapy is getting harder for me because I'm so emotionally aware of who i am. So half the time when I'm talking to my therapists, I'm like, because this, and I know and I needed to because but if I did this, She's like, I can't tell you anything because you already know.
Speaker 2: What to do. That's how my therapist be with me, so she it really just be me talking yeah all the time, because she'd be like, well.
Speaker 1: She's like because she's telling me, She's like, look at the progress you've made. Because it used to be like, oh and I don't know what to do. She's like, you have the answers, do it. You know what I'm saying. So it's like now my therapy.
Speaker 2: Sessions is really just be me talking, like I'm really.
Speaker 3: Just like I have to say things out loud.
Speaker 1: But I've become so emotionally intelligent, and I think that's what it takes too confidence emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna lie. I am that friend. We here.
Speaker 1: I'ma be here until you're ready to walk away. Whenever you're ready to move, let's move. If he's hitting you and if he had a baby on you, we moving right now. But if it's other situations, I am I am that friend. I'll be a listener here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be here. You could talk to me about I gid you. No relationship is perfect, Like everybody's gonna go through stuff in their relationship. I am being through stuff in my relationships. I understand that people need to talk to somebody, but it's just certain things, like you're not about to keep talking to me about no cheating as men. I'm sorry, Like if y'all haven't misunderstandings or disagreements about things that y'all both want for y'all future, or even if y'all living together and y'all having miscommunication, or you hate that he don't never be washing his clothes or throwing his clothes on the side of the dirty dirty clothes him instead of putting them in there, and now y'all into it, and y'all haven't talked for a week. Like, I understand people are gonna go through stuff, but it's just certain things I want better from my friends because one thing about people is men can sniff out women who have low self esteem and who don't value theyselves. And a man is never going to walk away from you if you're allowing him to have his way, if you just putting up with what he dishing out and you just happy to be there and have a man, he's never gonna walk away. So it's up to you to want better for yourself because you steady coming to me complaining to me about these men, and he like, well, I feel like he loved me because he hadn't left me. He haven't left you. Not because he loved you, haven't left you. Because they never believe they begsdune me. They never They never gonna leave the woman who let them. No, you're right, but they never gonna leave the woman that is gonna let them have their way. It doesn't have anything to do with love, yes, And I feel like as a woman, you have to know that you have to have that sense of self worth. And I feel like we're getting too old for this live too. I know that we shouldn't try to use age because age is just the number. But at the same time, careful you keep that man. But seriously though, like I know, because in life it doesn't matter what age you are. We're always constantly learning, evolving, growing, and you never too old to learn a new list. However, though, I have wayless tolerance at thirty three for certain things that my friends come talk to me about than I had when we was twenty three. Yeah, no, I'm because at this point it's just kind of like figure it out. I know you this with the last five dudes that you dated, how many times we got to talk about the same situation. When you're gonna realize what the fuck going on and get together?
Speaker 1: I do believe to you picking the wrong men, it ain't their fault no more, it's yours. I also think that goes into a lot of like women don't know how to be the one that got away.
Speaker 3: It's so much power in them, and I love being.
Speaker 2: I'm the one that got away, So that's my fuck. You do what I say.
Speaker 3: But yes, I think there's so much.
Speaker 1: When I tell y'all, and you can't take away.
Speaker 3: You can't take that away from me.
Speaker 1: How much I love myself, how much I know my worth, my value, and how much I know people love me. I'm so loved and I'm not talking about me, and I'm talking about my friends, my family.
Speaker 3: I am so loved.
Speaker 1: So if you think you're finna come into my life and not love me right, you can go because I'm not gonna notice that you're gone, because I'm so loved, because I'm a good person and I know my worst and I know what I deserve, and when it comes down to it, I may be crying right now, but later on down on the road, you will never forget about me.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Laying in bed with that bitch, think about what lex P doing you could you gonna never ever, you could never get over this, Leo Queen. You're gonna be walking down the owl to your wife wishing it was me. I'm not wishing that you would have did it right.
Speaker 3: I agree, So I'm and I'm okay with that because I do right by people.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't even care because once I'm doing with you, I don't care who you be thinking about. You could think about me, you could be thinking about the next beach. I don't give it in because I walked away, right, I live in the great part about walking away. Yes, And it's like you just gotta know when you need to walk away, and the girls notna be knowing. I hate when people be like, oh my god, I don't understand why he would treat me like these. I don't understand why he would do me like these? Or why is he wasting my time? You are wasting your time. You are wasting your time because you could leave. He can't waste your time if you ain't there, and he can't do you like that if you're not letting him. Do you like that? You know what I mean? Like, it's a choice. It's a choice to get mistreated. And I'm sorry. I'm not standing for no mistreatment when he comes to any man. I'm not letting a man mistreat me. And I don't want my friends to be letting me in out here be this treat mistreating them. And y'all shouldn't let people mistreat y'all period. Man, woman, borrow, I don't care who stand on business by yrself? Okay, what you think? Time I've cut off friends though, for like the one really have that choose the same man over and over and over again because it's not gonna end well for you. And now if I have if there's a DV situation that I have to feel like I'm involved, I have to come rescue you. Like some of those things I don't have a capacity for. And maybe when I was younger I could, I had more capacity. We were learning and growing. But now nearing forty, no, hon, yeah, we can't do that.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: You gotta love yourself.
Speaker 3: You have to love yourself, and that's the common denominator.
Speaker 2: But I realized in me.
Speaker 3: When I was in like I.
Speaker 1: Said, this is not my last relationship. I'm talking about the one before I didn't love myself. I completely had left myself go. But I was also going through something very fucking devastating as well, you know, And I truly feel like I'll say that to today I die.
Speaker 3: I felt like this.
Speaker 1: Person took advantage of the mental state I was in. But I say that because I lost all hope and everything. And like you said, men can sniff out that confidence. Because I would say this, Andre, you can attest for this. Of all the years of dealing with that man, he had never had me down bad like that. Every time we would kind of fall out. I was in a country with the next dude or I was doing I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, yeah, you would always I would go, always, go and do.
Speaker 1: He never had me down bad, but it was like he caught me at the most vulnerable time in my life.
Speaker 3: And that's when I knew this is what women are going.
Speaker 1: Through when they can't get out of these situations because you're not loving yourself, you know. I felt like in that moment, I had lost everything, So I was just trying to attach myself onto anything anybody that was around. So, yeah, bitch ass nigga, you call me slippingever again?
Speaker 3: Yees he was.
Speaker 2: I was like, excuse me, girl. But when I tore it up to the function and I seen him, I said, oh, but let me tell you how God works, because now we can talk about it because by the time this episode drugs, let me tell how God works. When I got out this relationship, and I'm telling you all this because this is why it's important to pour into yourself.
Speaker 1: When I got off that relationship, poor minds, it was already going up. Poor minds went up. Okay, I made the next year. I have made the most money I ever made. After I have really dropped that relationship, and then in twenty twenty four that was made even more money, and now in twenty twenty five, we're finna be on BT with a travel show.
Speaker 2: Amen. Because it's a testament that God will reward you for being obedient. Hello, And I was obedient to the Lord. No, Yeah, because I I feel like God had been shown you signs that you needed to walk away from this situation. And God will tell you he will not only direction that he wants you to go, And if you keep me in d sobedient, your life is going to be your reflection of that. But as soon as you decide to listen to him and take heed to what he's trying to show you and get on the path that he wants you to be on, your blessings is going over. And I feel like that's what happened.
Speaker 3: My faith is always stronger than my doubt.
Speaker 1: And then I said what Beyonce said, the best revenge is your paper treated somebody like complete shit. And now you got to turn on the TV and see my face. You can never escape me, baby, because my blessings are rolling in. And I'm not saying that was my motivation I'm not thinking about him. I'm just saying how much my life elevated when I walked away. There is power in walking away. There is so much power in walking away because I know he looking like.
Speaker 2: Damn and some people in your life to be distractions, yes, man, you know, but you have to have that spirit of discernment to be able to walk away cut it off, no matter how painful or stressful you feel like it might be or hard to walk away from that as soon. I've experienced it so many times. As soon as you dropped that dead weight, the blessings like, like you said, you're rewarded for paying attention, for getting yourself for what do we say with the Lord dang on a space out what not? Obedience? It's another word that we use for like like you're actually listening to what the Lord is saying, like you're doing his will. Sorry I messed it up, but no, it's.
Speaker 3: Okay because I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Because this is the thing though, I think a lot of times we pray to God to guide us, Yeah, but we don't pay attention to the signs that he gives us.
Speaker 2: I literally, God is the type of God that if you ask him for a specific sign. He will literally seen the specific sign, and people still ignore the specific sign that you asked for. Hold on, that's not what I asked for it.
Speaker 1: But now I've learned to pay attention. Hey, God, is this what I'm supposed to do? A what am I supposed to do? Please just guide me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh, it just be so crazy. I seriously, I'm so specific with my praise. You have to be And every morning I'll be waking up and it's like what I asked for. It's just like the simplest things I be asking for. He's like, and it just be man. And that's why I say. The fact that we have a travel show right.
Speaker 2: Now, like what now? And I probably don't remember when.
Speaker 1: I had my show with my old roommate Jazz and Lex Where to Next? So it's like doing this is like exactly we manifested this for ourselves. We y'all so worried about looking on other people play and you worried about this, man, you worried about this. Focus on God and focus on your blessings. I'm telling you I focused on myself. I got back into church, and I'm telling you it just started for everything.
Speaker 2: Because I just spoke a word when she said some people are meant to be distraction or it's a test, like sometimes God is just testing you, you know, And y'all be feeling.
Speaker 3: The tests I passed with flying tell us.
Speaker 2: Not y'all be feeling them tests because y'all will not leave these mgg A are y'all, but I'm not gonna call them to all right, all right, okay, so now my ancestors nam about to be rolling in. We gotta googling with you. What's up, y'all? Is your girl XP and it's sugarl draining the call.
Speaker 3: And if you're a.
Speaker 1: Person that always delays making a doctor's appointment because it's too hard to find a doctor, you're just being lazy and you need a one stop shop.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you about ZocDoc.
Speaker 2: ZocDoc is a free app in website where you can search and compare high quality in network doctors and click to instantly booking appointment. Yes, y'all, ZocDoc has over one hundred thousand in network doctors that take your insurance, and all you have to do is go to the website and book them. I'm talking about from primary care to I care, dental care, everything you can and good every specialty.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can even book the same day appointments or anything within the twenty four to seventy two hour window if you need something in a hurry and they let you filter out, if they accept your assurance, who's close by whatever you need?
Speaker 3: Zoc doc makes it super easy.
Speaker 1: So are you gonna do is go to zoc doc dot com backslash poor minds. That's zoc d oc dot com backslash poor minds.
Speaker 3: Get you an appointment. I use this and you should too.
Speaker 1: Stop putting off those doctors appointments and go to dot com slash poor minds to find and instantly book.
Speaker 3: A Copra doctor today.
Speaker 1: That's zoc d oc dot com slash poor months dot dot com slash poor monds.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all is your girl xp Andy Schagarl Dre and the call and we are here to tell.
Speaker 1: Y'all about our brand new ebook and e course bundle pour into your pod. Yes, y'all, we have been working on this for a while and we're so excited to put it out and get it to y'all because we know so many people have been asking us for such a long time.
Speaker 2: About how to start a successful podcast. And we have literally put all of the information that we have in everything that we utilized into this one ebook. Yes, and this is not your typical ebook because I know what a lot of y'all are thinking, huh uh uh. But I'm telling y'all, we give y'all direct access to how we built our brand. It's not no fluffiness and all that what I've read the ebooks before. This is the ebook that gets straight to the point and give you all the direction you need to start your podcast today. Absolutely, and you can trust that we are putting one hundred percent good information, no filter into this book and it's gonna help you build your brand. And it shows you exactly how we build poor Minds and made it into a sixteen years cold.
Speaker 1: So make sure y'all had to poor minds dot Com to purchase your ebook or the e course, and we also have it available in a bundle for you so you can get both poor Minds dot Com pour into your pod. So now it's time to get into the bow the bow d B Bow Bow Bow Bow.
Speaker 2: That'd being a theme song. It is just crazy, it's a good I'm like, how did we even come up with it. You know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's on episode one.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm like, how did it even come about?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I swear.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to talk about a little sexual health for a minute and how it impacts your mental health. But I also wanted to tie that into the conversation we were having having earlier.
Speaker 3: Like I said, So I went to this thing. It was called It's a risky It's called Risky Dinner.
Speaker 1: On my phone died. I can't look it up to shout the hostyle. I think her name is Koya. I'm so sorry if I got her name wrong. But it's called Risky Dinner. Weezy hosts it with her. Shout out to Weezy, I had an amazing time. So basically, it's a dinner and they go around just letting black women know like the statistics in their state of like HIV, you know, STDs and things like that, because although you know, black women are we our population is really low, not compared to other ones. Our percentage of having HIV and a's is really high. Yeah, they talk with Coya talks with Koya, Yes, and she hosts something called Risky Dinner. So it's basically, you know, an open table, open mic where black women just get to sit and talk. They talk about prep how to protect yourself, opening up conversations with your partner about getting tested and things like that. So I wanted to talk about this because I wanted to read this fact for you. Black women account for the largest share of new HIV diagnosis among women twenty two, as well as the largest share of all women living with HIV. The rate of new diagnosis among Black women is ten times the rate among white women and three times the rate among Latinas that that number is scary, and the numbers in Atlanta, she would obviously she was talking about specifically in Georgia because the dinner, because they travel around, the numbers and Georgia are even scarier, you guys. So I wanted to talk about that because it's so crazy how growing up my mom was always like, don't get pregnant, don't get pregnant. I think that's what they do in the black community, even as we're like, don't y'all keep having these kids and you ain't got enough money'll keep up. But more importantly, we are not protecting ourselves from these diseases.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you some. My mama was definitely showing me the photos of comedy people with comedia got the rea, and I was like, oh, yes, but I agree with you. I think that people are definitely people raise their children and talk about the fears or the scares of getting pregnant rather often than actually talking about the diseases that are out here, and more specifically the ones that you can't get rid of because HIV herpes there's no cure hepatiites, right, there's no cure for these things. And these days with things like prep available, which we didn't have twenty years ago, thirty years ago, I just feel like it's no excuse to be out here living risky. Okay, I like how you did that, but yeah, it's no excuse to be out here creating risky behavior and doing risky stuff, putting yourself in scary situations when you can literally prevent it from happening. Yeah, you can prevent it.
Speaker 1: And I think what's scariest too, is like a lot of times people don't like getting excuse me, they don't like getting tested.
Speaker 2: They're at that.
Speaker 1: Now you can literally do it with your partner. You can get tested at home for HIV.
Speaker 2: I mean it is, especially when you be that be the long it's fifteen minutes of your life. You'd be like, but I'll say this, and it don't seem like every time every time you go get tested or you waited for some six results, all you see is HIV.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yay. That little billboard scary, but you have to do it. That billboard's about a cookout, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I hate that damn billboard. I'll be like, yes, I'm telling you, but it's it's necessary though, like we're we're trying to make it a little light, but for real.
Speaker 1: Though, y'all need to go get TIS. But also because it's better to know than not, because y'all have to realize. We are so advanced with the medicines and stuff that are available, so.
Speaker 2: When people are going undetectable, yeah, so it's like you can live with it, but it's like you have to.
Speaker 1: Know before it's too late, because once it's too late, it's too late.
Speaker 3: There's no going back.
Speaker 1: So I just think that the numbers when I went to this dinner of the statistics of black women who are being exposed to this who don't know, and it's really sad.
Speaker 3: It really breaks my heart because.
Speaker 1: As black men, when we just go through so much bruh, it's like the dating is hard for us, then we have to deal with stuff like this. Then we gotta deal with, you know, being single mothers, being the most unweeded. It's just like it's so much on us. And I think that's why it ties into all of this. It goes back to loving yourself, protecting yourself. Nobody is gonna protect us like us, So it's important that we all gather and we have these uncomfortable conversations because if we don't have it among us, nobody else is gonna protect us.
Speaker 2: And carry your own condom, you know. They be trying to say that you, as a woman, you're not supposed to carry your own country me and be saying that they they gonna judge you, like if they come to your house and you got y'all don't care, they gonnaud.
Speaker 1: Honestly in the way I am right now, Like I'm not in a relationship, Like I'm cool, Like I'm not like, oh my gosh, I need to have sex, Like I'm not gonna be out here, like I'm not looking at what we call grow, Yes, cause I used to be horny.
Speaker 2: You need that deep, you need that more than the air you breath. I thought I did, but you know, I don't know. I'm just so so that is real growth.
Speaker 3: I don't know what got into me.
Speaker 2: The Holy ghost, it's the Holy girl.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Lord, I'm I don't know, very proud of you.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm not even like worried about that.
Speaker 1: Like I found so much peace and just being alone, like I'm getting everything I ever wanted. Like I know I keep saying that, but bro, I'm gonna be on t B like this is what I've been fighting for my whole life.
Speaker 2: Like I get to go home and go to.
Speaker 1: Sleep, and I don't ain't nobody's son stressing me out. Yeah, I ain't gotta cook for nobody. I ain't got nothing now, don't get it twisted. Do I want partnership one day? Yeah, but when God is ready to send me my man, He's gonna send it to me. So it's just like and not a day late. So I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 2: I know the woman I am.
Speaker 3: But like I said, going.
Speaker 1: Back to this, I know that I have to protect myself. Nobody's gonna protect me. Nobody's gonna look out for me but us. Y'all, you have to go get tested. Me and black men out there. Stop thinking because she got tested and she don't got nothing that you don't got nothing.
Speaker 2: It does not work like that, cause that be their favorite line. You ain't gonna yeah, but are you?
Speaker 3: Y'all have to pay attention. If your man is throwing your bav off, stop fucking him immediately.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: If you wake up and you feel like a fish fry on a Friday night, stop having sex.
Speaker 2: With that man. Hey, we're keeping it real. I know we are. That's why I say you're gonna be a freaky frog.
Speaker 1: That's carry your own condoms fish from. If you wake up and you fish fries be lingering like.
Speaker 2: After you fire, after you fry some fish in your house, your clothes be smelling like your couch, it be lingering. The fish fry is not what you want to smell like. So yeah, I just specially not no cat.
Speaker 3: But it was just so eye opening. I went home. They gave us a little at home kids, Babe.
Speaker 2: I went home.
Speaker 3: I took that test so quick? Is that what these mix like?
Speaker 2: It looks like a kid, like a box and unboxing. I was looking at their yegram. They have some of them where you can get you got to send in the results. And then some of them they have where you know you can wait and they you know, the fifeste.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, y'all just please just go get tested, especially my black women. It's so many, like literally ninety nine of our listeners are black women, y'all. Please, these numbers are crazy. Do some more researcher stuff. Y'all please go get tested. Yes, y'all, please protect yourself. Please stop listening to people. And y'all know this is what we learned at risky Dinner too. Do y'all know they have people creating fake my charts for people nowadays.
Speaker 2: Hobby because what they are what hobby? It is grave random ship they're creating. No, I said, but my tie had exit of my charteys, like you know, basically when you go online and he shows you your Yeah, they're copying that like their their their photo.
Speaker 1: That they have negative test results. So again, ladies, go get tested. Protect yourself, even in a relationship, protect yourself. Unless y'all are constantly going get tested together. There was a lady there who was actually married, and she said, yes, me and my husband, we still go get tested. We go get tested, like because you know how many women get STDs that are from their husband and their husbands are you know, even vice versa. I don't, oh, you the one doing to be doing the bandage job.
Speaker 2: That's no, that's what she said in the movie, because she got HIV from her husband.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then that's another misconception to a lot of people think oh, it's just high and this and that because of the DM men. That is another thing that's like out the window. At the end of the day, it's us. We have the highest rate of it. You know what I'm saying. It's not like we are only sleeping with DM men. We're sleeping with men of all races, all everything. So we have to protect yourself and.
Speaker 2: If you engage in in risky behaviors, to make sure that you're Like, if you did something crazy last week, definitely go test yourself. But then just always be mindful that you have to test yourself again in ninety that because your results might not be accurate. If you just did something last week, I just thought I would throw it.
Speaker 3: I'm just gaking my thing a lot lot for a while.
Speaker 2: Give it to the Lord. Yea, let the Lord handily?
Speaker 1: All right, item of the week. You well, I know y'all see the orange tresses. They have been freaking out about this little hair.
Speaker 3: Little girl.
Speaker 2: It's cute, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I haven't done color in a long time. So I got this custom unit from rich Look Hair dot Com. Shout out to my girl DD. It's a custom color. If y'all want this same unit, you just go hit her up and look like it's coming from the scout. But also she has units that are like ready made to go.
Speaker 3: You can order it. She's send the sea house. You just pop it on and go.
Speaker 1: I think everybody needs to have a week to throw on their head. Yeah, between hairstyles. So I'm really trying to grow my hair out right now. So I'm trying to marry Ruth's hair growth multi vitamin little juice stuff. I'm gonna let y'all know how it goes because I'm gonna keep my glueless units on for a while because i want to really try to grow my hair back out and see what it do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Rich Look Hair shout out to d D. That's where I got my hair from.
Speaker 2: Yes, and of course y'all know, my item of the week is mus Beautycollection dot com. Make sure you get your lip glosses, lipliners, met liquid lipsticks, jelly bliss, She's we have all the things lip plumper and I have some new products that are coming out soon mesker an eyeliner should actually be on the on the site shortly. So yeah, and what's my lipcombos today? I have on the fudgemelip gloss. I have on the Rose mattleick with lipstick and the lip plumper period poop se up. Y'all at your Girl XP and it's sugarl Dre and the call. Y'all know.
Speaker 3: We have a segment on Poor Minds called Item of the Week.
Speaker 1: But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds.
Speaker 2: Your opportunity is here period. If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted. We are now having slots available on the Poor Minds episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to item of the week PM at gmail dot com. That's I T E M O F T H E W E E K PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and we'll work it out. We gonna figgur it out. Get your product, get yall business sponsored, and yeah, make you some money. We love to some more.
Speaker 3: A small business man.
Speaker 2: And a black business said that, but I mean discriminade. Any business is welcome, all right.
Speaker 1: So now it's time to get into the by the bye bow the how bow bow Bow bow bow.
Speaker 2: You know what I found? This good song.
Speaker 1: I love TikTok. TikTok always puts me on the good jam. So it's a song called Ordinary. It's about this guy. His name is Alex Warren. It's a good pop ballad. I feel like the pop boys are coming back. They're making a comeback and it's just a love song. And what it is is the reason this song is so intriguing to me is because his actual wife is in the video.
Speaker 3: And like, there's a trend on TikTok right now.
Speaker 1: Everybody's showing themselves in relationships or they're showing like, hey, I'm made of love. And this is why I'm so patient because I know that one day I'm going to find a man that can write a song like this about me. It's such a beautiful song. Oh my gosh, I haven't heard a good love ballad like this in.
Speaker 2: A long time. Really.
Speaker 1: It kind of gives me, like, you know how like white people's church music sounds.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what. I I don't know if that's making me want to go listen, But no, white people be getting down in the church. They do. They be having a little white boy on a piano and it's like, Oh, God is good. You know.
Speaker 1: I thought she was more so something about Oh, no, no, I'm talking about That's what I thought she was talking about. No, no, no, I'm not you talking about the you're getting into the Catholic I'm talking about the white Baptist church. They get down a little bit now, Okay, Okay, it is giving. I'm telling y'all, it is such a good song. If y'all listen to Alex Warren ordinary it sounds like a church song, like a white church song. But he is singing down you know what.
Speaker 2: That's fear do I'm want to be listening to. I think he's ninety nine point three in Houston. My mom would listen to their station all the time, y'all, and it's a gospel station. But all they play is like a white contemporary crest, and it sounds good.
Speaker 1: Any duet on there. I will not lie, That's what I'm saying. I wasn't being funny.
Speaker 3: It sounds like like white.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it's black, because you know, black church music is soulful. It's not a soulful song. Let me make sure I say the right ring.
Speaker 3: But it's a beautiful ballad, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Ready to get a beautiful bad It's a beautiful ballad.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the love songs.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of.
Speaker 1: Like I said in the past, I don't want to wet the back up. I don't want to beat that pussy up no more. Okay, tired.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, all right, Drea, what's your bob?
Speaker 2: I don't wait. Let me make sure I see it. This same the right station.
Speaker 3: You think they're gonna give you an interview?
Speaker 2: No, but I just want to if people live in Houston and they are looking for it's eighty nine point three, I said, ninety nine point it's eighty No, what do you mean eighty nine point three FM. The Good State should be like ninety because they're ninety five and up. Because you know how every station got the theme, they'd be like eighty nine point three Spache. Let's how I go. So anyway, listening to the station. So if y'all are looking for a good Christian channel that plays contemporary Christian music and y'all live in Houston, check.
Speaker 3: Out three Period eighty nine point three.
Speaker 2: Amen. So my Bob because now we're about to get into some heathing music. But my Bob is an old song. I was listening to My Savages earlier today, my future and that is just what was I mean, he's still on his little No, I'm talking about his about that yeah, like twenty eleven to like twenty seventeen, Real Sisters dropped my life. Real, this was about my Savages, was about Pea Coats about I mean, I could really keep going because I was really in my future bag making them days. But anyways, I was listening to My Savages earlier today and I was just like, wow, now this is hood gospel. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A preacher is what he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparature is a deacon, a deacon to our community, and he really said some profound words in that song. I said, wow much my spirit because I felt that, because that's how I feel about you know what on TikTok.
Speaker 3: That lady and he was arguing with on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, on TikTok Okay, he was on the phone screaming okay because he was getting that word up.
Speaker 2: But now and I just feel like, like I was saying, I just feel like, as I'm as, we're continuing to grow and poor Minds is getting bigger and bigger. That is really how I feel about my friends and stuff. Because you can't let the money get between us. You can't let the fame give between You can't let these beaches and these niggas get between us. That's what he said on the song. He said, this is a little for my dogs. How we let this money get between us, How we let these bitches get between us? How we let these niggas get between us? A word I got love for all my savages with fingers fingers another head Oh yeah, okay out because that was the head I must say big good times. When it came out, we was young and rich and reckless. Life was it was now we're still old and older. Oh we're not old, we're older.
Speaker 1: We live a little little bit of So now we're getting into our favorite segment of the week. If you want your question to answer on the show, and make sure you email us at ask poor Minds at gmail. If you're a Patreon member, please put that in the subject line and you will get to skip the line.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to go first, you want me go first, I'll go first. Okay.
Speaker 2: I've been with my girlfriend for a few years now and we have a baby together. Everything was good until about six months ago when I logg on the social media and saw a picture of my child on her ex's page, with him claiming the baby as his. I confronted her, and she swore he was just being spiteful, trying to ruin our relationship. She even offered a DNA test, but I'm scared to take you because I don't believe things like these happen by coincidents. So, as two women, what do y'all think? Am I overthinking? Or is there something I need to do? I think you need to confirm.
Speaker 1: Was it a picture that he took off of her social media or was it a picture he him holding the baby?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Because if she brought the baby around him and it's a picture that he took, you need to get that DNA test.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I would get the DNA test either way if she offering, If she like, oh we can get a DNA test, I will take her up on the offer.
Speaker 1: Why I feel so comfortable doing that? Are they still having conversations? Are they still talking? Because I could imagine just somebody out the blue just posting a random baby from a random ax and being like, oh, this is my baby, and.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I think in situations like that, if I was presented with that type of information, if I was a man and I was presenting with that type of information for my own peace of mind, now I just need to know. Yeah, I need to know so I could sleep will at night, because it's always gonna be I feel like, if you don't get the DNA test, it's still gonna always be something that's lingering in the back of your mind. As this child is growing up, you gonna always feel like, ah, it's a possibility that this might not be my baby. Just do it for your own peace of mind, and hopefully we're gonna pray did he show baby. But if even if it's not, at least now you know, you know what I mean. At least now you know, and you could say good.
Speaker 1: Readings to that, because, like I said, she's offering a DNA test. I think you need that DNA test for peace of mind. I know you're afraid, but there's nothing better than peace of mind.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, ladies, I'm twenty seven and I need advice from my big homies because maybe I'm tripping. I was dating this guy for three months. The first two he was checking all my boxes, but in month three I started noticing red flags his views on women, lack of accountability, etc.
Speaker 2: I was already debating cutting him off.
Speaker 1: Then one day on FaceTime, I responded with a little sass and he said it sounded like you want to get head budded. Instantly, I felt uneasy since I've been in an abusive relationships before, which he knew. I asked him to repeat it. He refused and tried to play it off. Laughed and called me crazy and said I was making him the villain. Then he admitted I heard right, but claimed it was a joke and I was overreacting. I hung up texting him how I felt and he never responded. Did I doubt dodge a bullet? Or am I projecting because of my past?
Speaker 2: Love? Y'all? Deep? What have you said?
Speaker 3: As fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because I just feel like you don't joke like to me. That's not like if you say something like that, I am under the impression that you will actually do it one day. Why you don't You shouldn't even play like that. Do you want to get head?
Speaker 1: But especially with somebody who has been in an abusive relationship, but even period, even if she wasn't in an abusive relationship, you just shouldn't even play with no woman like this saying something like well, the reason I say especially because she's been an abusive relationship before because she's told you and that's.
Speaker 2: A trigger for her.
Speaker 1: So instead of you being, hey, understanding, I'm so sorry, I won't joke like that. I didn't mean like that. I wasn't thinking you're saying that she's over, you're gaslighting her. I hate when people tell somebody how something made them feel and you're like, well, you're being stupid.
Speaker 2: You can't tell people how to feel.
Speaker 1: About something that you said to them and how it makes them feel that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: So you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: You dodged a bullet because, like I said, I think that's somebody will joking's laugh and like that, he said.
Speaker 3: His first reaction went through his mind.
Speaker 2: I't nothing funny about being joking about. I've never like like I'll just use my like my last relationship.
Speaker 3: He ain't never said nothing like, yeah, I choke your ass? What No, No, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: List he's during six. It's a little all right, that's a little different. No, I like a little choke. Okay, that's the only one's a different. Uh cbd, that's the only that's the only appropriate time to say that. All right, y'all.
Speaker 1: Make sure y'all check out Travel Queens on B E T. Y'all make sure y'all check out Love lexp Every Monday ten am. We talk about all the hot topics and all the reality TV shows. We're doing Real Housewives of Atlanta right now. And the tea is hot.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, of course. Make sure y'all shop music. Why did you make that page cause you couldn't muse beautycollection dot com. Also make sure you follow my YouTube channel dre and a Call with three E's. I drop videos every week. It's either always gonna be a blog or something beauty lifestyle related.
Speaker 3: Stop hereiod.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all with bye y'all, y'all, make sure y'all share the content like subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close off, y'all. There is one Twitter account that is connected to poor Minds.
Speaker 3: It's p O.
Speaker 1: You are underscore in my nds. Y'all are tagging the wrong poor Minds page. If you see at poor minds with no underscore, that is at fake page. Do not follow that page. Okay, they block me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both so we only have one Instagram, one Twitter, one TikTok.
Speaker 2: It is PO you are underscore in my nds, all right, and we gotta hell a fake Facebook page on the Facebook pages it's our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page actually have the least amount of file.
Speaker 1: So if you're on Facebook, one that's ours got the least amount.
Speaker 2: Of FI, but one that's not us got like two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Make if you actually look at the content, because the caption is like whoever it is, don't speak English, because their captures.
Speaker 2: Are like bumba claude? Should men? Should men pay bill? Should men pay bill?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: No? Check answer below block block Like that's literally what the captions. I'm like, what that DG is? Bumba claude, bumba claude.
Speaker 3: Savages.
Speaker 2: My savage is my savage is my savage? Stressing pressure in a manure. I grew up in a ruthless environment. I'm on the phone with y'all. I asked them how to trial in thirty five Rex is how my day would spend. I gotta cocky back, That's how my day would get Gonna be thinking all these bitches at official the way you acting, you must don't respect the real niggas her on a post some syrup. They try to infiltray us and then betray us. I told you way before what happened. They was hating on us. Hey, you know we was jogging for it. They was mad at us. Hey, it's a little for my dogs. How we let this money get between us? How we let these bitches get between us? How we let these niggas get between us? Yeah? I got love for all my savages with ishi fingers. I got love, buddy. It ain't like the love I got for India. She be that one I was broke. I got us to Infinity cast some murdered girl gonna. I know you feeling me r ip. My granddad Quickie should have seen this shit. Twenty was of soft support. I seen this shit roding wrong with all them choppers don't seen this sheep. These rappers mad at me. But these niggas ain't doing sh sh and I found a cushlo. I can smoke this ship and when it's fit to half a ticket at the dealer ship ship the famous doing a lot of dammite my free ship. If it's me jump ship and it's a love from my fans. Got me still here. Monster say I'm a lumin natty. They trying to fake me catch your body. I don't know what I'm a flip nigga. Give me some codin and Nigga Big Masail wiping Nigga knows Big Masai Wiping Nigga knows my girl shirts locking the dogs or by this ship pulling up a fall. Ain't falling in love with no hole.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 2: I hate to fuck with any of you niggas. That's my only regret. Drada Mink on the floor on my whole home. Would have thought we was Paul. Paul would think we was oh money, laying on the floor on some holes with me. She al pro so. She never met another nigga, not another another nigga like me. Even if he got a million dollars, he can't make her come like me. We're calling men. She like me. I don't know, I have lesson fi I was. That was good clig. That was really a right man. See y'all next week, bring all my niggas in carcarratio.