Speaker 1: You are now Angela what I call her yee Hey.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela yee And I have a special guest host with me today and Zinger Andmani Hey, yo, hey, you know her as Angela from Sisters and from Zatima, And you know I watched I told you, I've watched like every episode of both of those shows and they're both coming back this month.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get some spoilers today and we're gonna find out whether or not you're a good friend for real on the show. Because Angela's character, they'd be doing whole thing pieces like she's a terrible friend. But then they'll be like, actually, maybe she's not a bad friend. But we'll discuss it. But in the meantime, we have a special guest joining us today. Don Cheto is going to be here. You know how exciting that is if you've been watching Fight Night. That's an amazing series that's out now on Peacock. Right on Peacock. Yeah, it's on Peacock. I'm on episode five so far, but I know it's further along. But that's when with Kevin Hart to Rojji p Henson Samuel L. Jackson, Saint Quai Walls. I mean, everybody's in that. But anyway, let's get the show started with some love and some positivity and zinger.
Speaker 3: That's how we do it.
Speaker 2: We always start to show off with shining a light on somebody doing something positive. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Callus up and let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 3: It's way up.
Speaker 2: It's in the rooms.
Speaker 4: From industry shade to all of gosp out. Angela's speeling that, EyeT.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela Yee, I'm here and I'm joined by my guest co host and Zinga Amani. Hey, y'all, who, by the way, can sing oh period and right if you all could hear her behind the scenes every time we play some Mary Jay of course, But let's get into some yet all right.
Speaker 3: First, let's talk about Megan is Stallion.
Speaker 2: She has a documentary that's going to be on Amazon October thirty first, and it's called in her words right, and she's going to talk about her twenty twenty shooting Startum and a whole lot more. Yes, you know, it's also kind of a period of time where after the shooting, just kind of dealing with the aftermath of that. She definitely was getting attacked a whole lot online.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and I'm gonna make the stallion stand, so don't come for me. I'm excited to hear her story and her talking about everything because people really villainized her, and I want to hear what she.
Speaker 2: Has to say. Yeah, And I think it's important for her to say what she needs to say in her words, because I feel like she's done articles, she's done an op ed, but we can't even imagine what it must have been like for her to go through that whole situment. People were acting like she lied about getting shot, and then people were mad at her.
Speaker 5: It was so public, It was so public, and then everybody wanted to choose a side, and even some of the other artists chose their side and were against her.
Speaker 2: It was tough to watch, all right.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Another thing that's coming out is a Chris Brown documentary called A History of Violence, and that's going to be premiering on October twenty seventh. That's on Discovery I D And here is the trailer that was least Chris Brown's an amazing and talented musician.
Speaker 3: But let's call a thing a thing.
Speaker 2: He's an abuser of women.
Speaker 7: Siner Chris Brown, He's been detained in an alleged case of break he has an audience full of sault deniers.
Speaker 8: Oh I, I'm not spoken about this, not or publicly, but that's the only way he can be stopped.
Speaker 2: And that's a person whose voice is clearly altered. But they're saying there is a new person coming forward now. I saw a lot of backlash over this documentary online. People were like, you know, let it be. He's apologized, he's paid his dues. Rihanna's not, you know, talking about this anymore. Why are we trying to drag him down. I don't know what's going to actually be in this documentary yet, but I can imagine if there's things that he feels like are not true. Because I don't know who this new accuser is, and clearly they don't want to be known, I could see him trying to do a se syndesist. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I when you're a celebrity and people are coming at you from all different points, some people you haven't met, some people you've been around, and all of a sudden, the story changes. I mean not saying anyone is lying, but just you don't know from his perspective what the situation may be. So to have your whole career changed, your opportunities shifted because of one misunderstanding or an allegation because he hasn't been acute, I mean, he hasn't been you know, prosecuted in any of this.
Speaker 2: Well, the Rianna thing, I think he's acknowledged that. Yeah, definitely, and we've seen the aftermath of that. In a statement, the film's producers are saying, with expert and cultural commentary layered throughout, the documentary provides thoughtful reflections and to each survivor's experience and the psychological destruction and the aftermath.
Speaker 3: Of their abuse.
Speaker 2: So it should be you know, we're gonna see how all of this plays out before October twenty seventh, all right, and the baby has settled the battery lawsuit over this confrontation with the la homeowner who accused him of battering him during a racially charged incident. Now this has been settled, a civil lawsuit has been settled, and according to the report, the person who was accusing him, Gary Pegar, is saying that he beat, punched, spat on, threatened, shoved, and robbed him while filming a video on his property.
Speaker 3: Said he discovered over forty people on the.
Speaker 2: Set tried to shut down a video shoot and that's when the baby, he alleged, became violent and knocked out his tooth. And also he's being accused of stealing items of kitchen wear and causing damage to the property. But the baby is saying that Pegar called him the N word, and the homeowner did admit to that, oh, and said that it wasn't relevant to the legal dispute.
Speaker 3: But I can you know, you can't just go around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be a little relevant cause and effect, all right, but this has all been settled now and behind him, all right. Well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. And Sega, you're gonna tell us what you've been up to because I know you're in heavy promo mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the team is coming back absolutely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm being stuck around New York to tell people about the show and everything that we have going on.
Speaker 2: We're about to discuss about last night.
Speaker 7: Yes, I went down.
Speaker 2: Yo, it's way up at Angela yee, I'm here and Zena and Mini is here with me today. Hey, guest hosting. Now I know you're in town because the team is coming back. Is it come back on Wednesday? It comes back Thursday?
Speaker 3: Oh Thursday? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's on BT Plus Thursday, October third. All right, And so you play the character of Angela. Great name, thank you. Angela means a messenger of good news, like an angel. Oh I love that, but sometimes your news is not so good. Now on the show, you have been dating Bryce, but unfortunately you guys broke up. But before we get to that, I want to talk about what you've been doing here. Oh well, I was born.
Speaker 5: In New York, so whenever I come back, you know, I try to make my stops, but I spend a lot of time at Central Park just filling the vibes all like nature. So I had to get a little bit of greenery in. And then I intended on going to a Broadway show, but you know, I just did not plan accordingly. So next time I come on Monday to hook up, somebody let me know how I can get these tickets last minute?
Speaker 3: What do you what do you want to see?
Speaker 2: Oh? Anything wicked?
Speaker 5: Chicago. Oh, Alicia keys Is, thank you. Yes, I would like to see this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you should have let me know.
Speaker 2: I've gone to see Wicked here, and we've done special events because Broadways right here by the studio, and so we've done things with like our listeners to go to a Broadway play.
Speaker 3: I love going to Broadway plays. Okay, I love that for us.
Speaker 2: Well, I was filming lip Service last night and we have the Baby episode is coming out today. By the way, he started an organization called The Baby Cares You. Noah's brother died by suicide, and this is something that he's doing to help other people who may be going through it. And he's actually gonna start therapy and so I think that's a big step. Absolutely. And he has a new project out too, by the way, So how to f is this a mixtape? All right? Well, I want to talk about like you said on Thursday, October Thursday, the team is coming back and your character. We don't know what's going to happen if you and Bryce are gonna get back together, but this is the reason y'all broke up.
Speaker 9: I'm into a lot of things and I like to swing. I was planning on telling you about it.
Speaker 2: Wait, so like swinging with other couples.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like being with guys like being with girls, and I only do it with people that I feel comfortable with and.
Speaker 2: That I know all right now, Not just that, but he also did try to kiss Zach and that is your best friend Fatima's fiance. Yes, so it's a lot here to unpack. But the main thing is I also was thinking about Dochi. She was on the Joe Button Show on his podcast, and she was saying that she's dated bisexual men before. She herself is bisexual, so it doesn't bother her. She just has an issue if your DL right, And so in this case, he told her this is what I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this was after the fact, you know, It's not like he came into the relationship or even before they started officially dating and said this is what you're dealing with. It wasn't until the situation happened where he was basically outed that he decided to come clean. And so I can't give him all the credit in this scenario.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we want to ask you guys, what would you do if you found out the person that you're dating is bisexual? Would it bother you would it affect their relationship? You know, maybe they're just with you now, but they've done things before with both sexes. And you know, fluidity is a real thing nowadays. Okay, we want to know what your thoughts are. If it's happened to you. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty, call us up and let us know what your experience is. Again, that's eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 3: It's way up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's hey? You want to know my name? Way up with Angela Ye? Turn me on.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela Ye. And I'm here with my guest co hosts and Zinga Imani and we're talking about is a team of coming back on Thursday on BET Now we are discussing your character Angela on the show. And you're dating a guy named Bryce or you were, but you guys broke up and here's what happened. Hello.
Speaker 9: I'm into a lot of things and I like to swing. I was planning on telling you about it.
Speaker 2: Wait, so like swinging with other couples?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I like being with guys, like being with girls, and I only do it with people that I feel comfortable with and that.
Speaker 3: I know, all right, but you are not into that.
Speaker 2: He also tried to kiss Zach and that's your best friend's fiance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the big kicker here. It's like, it's one thing if you have this, but talk to me about it and definitely don't let me find out through my best friend and her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, it's interesting because Dotie was on Joe Butten's podcast and she was saying that she's dated guys who are bisexual in the past, and she's also bisexual. And I feel like sexual fluidity is the thing where it's like, Okay, do your thing, love who you love, no big deal, But what are the parameters when it comes to dating?
Speaker 3: When do you tell somebody?
Speaker 2: Because I also feel like early in a relationship, when you guys first get together, you don't know where it's going. Maybe you don't tell all your business. I don't know when do you bring that up?
Speaker 5: I feel like you got to tell at least before it becomes an official relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, you have your talking stage, but if you're going to be my boyfriend, I'm gonna need to know.
Speaker 2: What else you're into all the things, all right, Well, Nrie, what do you think about dating somebody who is bisexual?
Speaker 10: I kind of think it's a little bit crazy, but it depends on your preference. I was recently dating somebody that I found out was bisexual. It kind of made me stuck away. But at the end of the day, you know, there's not really.
Speaker 8: Much that you can do it or you don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you do you wish you would have told you ahead of time?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because we have a kick together, so I.
Speaker 2: Get at the disclosure. At least let me know for sure. Would you still have dated him?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Really okay? Well, thank you, Nyrie. See that's what I gotta be honest.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what it starts with, honesty, because you got to give a person an option or if you want to be with you or not.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for Colin.
Speaker 6: Yep, bye bye, Haylen, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? It's me and and we're talking about dating somebody who's bisexual.
Speaker 3: Would that bother you or would you be okay with it?
Speaker 6: It would absolutely bother me. First of all, I'm heterosexual, but there's too many health risks nowadays too many diseases associated with swinging and having multiple sexual partners and things like that.
Speaker 2: It's more of the multiple partners and the swinging part that you don't like. Yes, well, what if they were just in a person, Yeah, with just one other person that happened to be a man, or if they were with that person before you. Yeah, No to each his own.
Speaker 6: But I just believe that God made man and woman for a purpose. I don't have anything. I don't hold any harsh feelings or anything like that. If that's the way you roll.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just not for you that no. Okay, all right, well thank you. Make sure you watch Sisters and Zatima. She's gonna hate it, okay, John, joh, what's up?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 7: It's me and Zinga.
Speaker 2: We want to know your thoughts about dating somebody who's bisexual.
Speaker 11: Well, to be honest, I don't have an issue with it.
Speaker 8: So my story was that I was in a relationship with a.
Speaker 11: Girl for about four years and come to find out she got the best friend she was doing things with, so, you know, as the same old things in the dark coming in the light. At the time, I didn't have an issue with it. My issue was she was hiding it, and also I felt the way because it's kind of selfish, you know how you're gonna go have some fun with some females and not include the homie, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's selfish, selfish. So you've been okay if you were included.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would be okay. I mean, I'm totally appreciating you know.
Speaker 3: How did you find out to be honest?
Speaker 11: I did my homework a little going through the phone.
Speaker 2: Knew there was seeing say I, guys, go through the phone to him, believe you.
Speaker 11: Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for calling and sharing your girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you guys for calling in and make sure y'all watch. The team is coming back on Thursday, so we'll get to see what happens with Angela and Bryce on this new season and her new man.
Speaker 3: You have a new guy your dating, Yes.
Speaker 5: We have a we have a new We have a few new surprises in this next season for Angela.
Speaker 3: Okay, we love that for you.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're gonna do yet, and let's talk about these songs of the decade. Pitchfork released a list of their picks of the one hundred best tracks from the twenties so far, the greatest songs that move the culture, will tell you what made it. And there's a song that's out right now that's number three on the Listen.
Speaker 3: We play it all the time.
Speaker 7: It's way up shure, she's about to blow the lid above this spot. Let's get it. Oh yeah, Angela's feeling that.
Speaker 2: Yeezee, come and get to see all right, it's way yup with Angela. Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm here and my guest co host and Zinga Imani is here.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: And you were just singing that like us, like it was a ballad.
Speaker 2: They're not like us. Well, listen, we were talking about in yet the Songs of the decades so far in the twenties, Pitchfork has released a list of their picks the one hundred best tracks of the twenty so far, and number three on that list happens to be not like us. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Also on the list, BFBA pac Man, he made it at number eleven. Free Joe Exotic. That's a song featured inside of Baby. He's hilarious. He's from Flint, Michigan. Jasmine Sullivan's on the list at number sixteen. Pick up your Feelings. That's a good sign.
Speaker 3: I'm not even sing that. Oh yeah, that's my phone.
Speaker 2: Earl's Sweatshirt is number twenty, making the Band Danny Kane, Cardi B and making the Stallion Are at number twenty two. What Hey Beyonce, Alien Superstar at number twenty four, and Sexy Red made the list at number thirty seven with Skiny wow I. Spice Munch was number forty one. He thought I was feeling you a glow Rilla and hit kid fn F Let's.
Speaker 5: Go oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay't even say.
Speaker 3: Yeah we were just.
Speaker 2: Tyler is number fifty one, with Water So Far, Yes, so Far. Playboycarti made the list at number sixty three, with Meth Sizza Good Days at number sixty seven. Thames made the list with Free Mind at number eighty one, NBA Young Boy in Nevada at number eighty seven, Pink Panthers Pain, and then Tannashe made the list. Good for her being an independent artist and making that list and going on tour and all of the things. She made number ninety eight with Nassy and coming in at one hundred is Lil YACHTI with poland wow. All right, so that's that pitchfork list if you want to see the full thing.
Speaker 3: All right, young thug?
Speaker 2: What is happening with the longest running Rico trial ever?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And I know you living Atlanta now, yes I do. So there was a lot of energy around this. How many it's been like over half a year now? Right over six months? How long has it been a year? I mean, I think it's coming up on a year now, is it really?
Speaker 3: How long has it been?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Anyway, they're asking for a mistrial, and while they did not get a misschild, that's been denied by the judge because you know, it's a new judge.
Speaker 3: Judge page Reyes Whittaker. Here is what she had to say in court.
Speaker 12: It is baffling to me that somebody with the number of years of experience that you have continues to seemingly purposefully hide the ball for as long as you possibly can. And I really don't want to believe that it is purposeful, unless it is just that you are so unorganized that you are throwing this case together as you try it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it kind of feels like maybe it's not happening. You know what I mean, like, maybe they do need to have a misschild. It feels like a mess. Yeah, it's been going on a really long time, so it's definitely opening. Statements were made November twenty seventh, twenty twenty three, and then the jury selection lasted longer than any other in Georgia history, by the way.
Speaker 3: All right, and they actually just had delays too because of the hurricane.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, all right, well you guys, that is your yet when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar. But yeah, definitely need to know about them. It's way up with Angela Yee. Under the radars next right now? Hate it, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's way up the news.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 4: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm here and of course I have my special guest co host with me today and Zinga Imani. Hey you know her from Zatima and from Sisters. She plays the character of Angela. All right, you ready to get into some of these under the radar stories? Talk about it for all of our fans of the brand Off White, LVMH Louis Vaitama Wait Hennessy has sold the brand to a management company called the Blue Star Alliance, and so those are brands like Scotch and Soda, BB and Hurley.
Speaker 3: Those are the other brands that are in that portfolio.
Speaker 2: So they acquired sixty percent of Off White from Virgil in July of twenty twenty one, and now they've sold it to another company. There were no disclosures of what the financial details were, but they're saying that they were having some struggles ever since Virgil was not with the company obviously anymore since he passed, and so he was able to fuse street culture with high fashion. It's late a powerful foundation that aligned with our vision a fostering innovation while embracing diversity. That's the CEO of Blue Star Alligned, Joey Gabby in a statement, Do you like I've always liked Off White. They've done a great deal, But I do see how it's kind of fallen off. I'm not gonna lie. I don't know enough about it. Yeah, they used to have the they used to have the collabse with was it Jordan? Yeah, the Jordan collabse those used to sell crazy. I remember those used to be on stock X. I actually have a pair of them, but they used to go crazy. They still do, right, But now I feel like the newer things, and I do like off Wite and I have some of their product, But it maybe is you know, when you have somebody like Virgin that was ahead of it, that was such a visionary, it is difficult to keep something going like that. All right now, the vice presidential debate is going to be on tonight. That's going to be a movie and itselfs Tim Walls versus j d Vance. Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine what jd Vance is going to be saying tonight. The debate is being moderated by CBS is Nora o'donnald and Margaret Brennan. It starts at nine pm Eastern, and so should be interesting to see what the both of them have to say.
Speaker 3: Jade Vance just says, I think.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Remember he said those comments about childless cat ladies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's definitely against women having a voice. I feel like that's what I'm seeing from.
Speaker 2: Him, right they you know, abortion, family issues, those are topics that they're going to talk about and I think Tim Walls, as we have seen on many occasions, has been a lot more relatable.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's just say that.
Speaker 2: But I'm also excited that today Don Cheeto's going to be joining us. And he's been very vocal about politics as well. He was at the Democratic National Convention and he and his wife both have support to Kamala Harris for a long time, so I know he's fully on board with her running for president of the United States. He'll be joining us. The series Fight Night is on Peacock right now. That stars Kevin Hart as well as Samuel L. Jackson, Taraji p Henson sin Quah Wah was amazing, So I'm excited that he's coming.
Speaker 3: But don Cheedle is don Cheedle exactly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, And we got the way I mixed at the top of the hour, So that means I'll be sitting in here listening to Enzinga sing along for everything.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. It's way you put Angela yeeee man.
Speaker 7: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 2: This is yet well, Hello, Hi, what's up this way you put angelayee?
Speaker 3: I'm here with my guest co host and Zingaimani.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, gir hey, and we're gonna talk to you after this yet about what's going on, And we're going to get some spoilers from the new season of Zatima di mad is all right, But in the meantime, according to Houston lawyer Tony Busby, he is saying that there are over one hundred new civil suits being filed against Diddy that will include new criminal charges, and they're also announcing a plan to launch a phone hotline for new Diddy accusers. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of this looks like it's going to work out in his favor. Guys.
Speaker 2: Now, Diddy is again trying to get himself released on bond. By the way, he's building a powerhouse legal team to try to make that happen. According to these new court documents, he has filed the appeal for the most recent order denying him bond. This next moment be his third formal attempt to secure his release from behind bars as he is waiting for a trial.
Speaker 3: He's also added two more attorneys.
Speaker 5: Okay, needs that team with one hundred new cases pending and a hotline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know what's gonna end up happening for him, but it's not looking good. Let's just say that, all right now, y'all hear this? Cardi B playing well. Cardi B went on Live to talk about her relationship with Offset and how they were doing when she found out that she was pregnant with their third child earlier this year. Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 13: I woke up one morning and my mouth tasted like copper. And this only happened to me when I'm pregnant. So I was like, damn. I automatically knew that I was pregnant. Then I remember I had sex on band Tim's Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my baby dad.
Speaker 13: We were in very bad terms. I still called them to it and I was like, hey, I'm pregnant, and we kind of laughed about it because it's like, what the We literally went to Columbia because he went with me when I got my surgeon.
Speaker 2: All right, well see it wasn't anything that was planned. But you know, first, I will say that Carti seems like an amazing mom, and it seems like she loves motherhood and all of that.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate that they're not shading each other on their parenting skills. They're keeping it positive for the kids. But I wish they would be a little bit more private about all the issues because it's all out.
Speaker 2: There, I know, and Carti's always been like, very open with everything that's going on. It's also a way of controlling your narrative right before somebody else says it for you. Yeah, And it's part of the reason why we like her. Yeah. So it's a hard balance to have to have all right now again, Rest in peace to de Caambe Matumbo. You know, he passed away from brain cancer at the age of fifty eight, and his son actually wrote a letter to him, Ryan Mtumbo said, my dad will forever be my hero. Not because of his success, not because of the millions who over the last four decades have come to know and love him. My dad is my hero because he simply cared. He remains the purest heart I have ever known. At times I thought of my dad as a superhuman. The child of me would sigh to hear that this was never actually the case. My dad was a regular man who would stop at no lengths to honor the world, it's people, and its creator. He loved others with every ounce of his being. That's what made him so accessible, That's what made him real that's a beautiful thing, all right.
Speaker 3: And lastly, we have Melissa for it.
Speaker 2: She's joined Carlos King on his podcast It's Out to Day Now. I love a Melissa Ford interview, and she has her own podcast that's launching Hot and Bothered, and she talked about a lot of different things. Like she's been in the industry for quite some time. We've known her as a video vixen, but she's so much more than that. She's on Joe Buden's podcast now. Actually met her when we work together as serious we both hosted radio shows. Well, here's what you had to say about didty parties and people's demons coming to the light.
Speaker 14: So some of these rappers did they try to use their power to get your pants?
Speaker 5: It was expected that something would or could happen to you, and you just had to figure out how to be hyper vigilant about your safety.
Speaker 14: Do you believe that more men are going to be exposed like Diddy is based on what you know and have seen in your lifetime, Yes, there's way.
Speaker 2: More than just him. Okay, well we go to see yeah, and we are seeing all right, Well that is your ut and when we come back, we've had Zinga Emiani with us all morning, and we want to make sure we have an opportunity to talk to you about what you have going on as an actor. Ye're from New York, you live in Atlanta, and you have a lot of things you do with philanthropy as well, so I want to make sure we discuss it in We've been hearing your beautiful singing voice behind the scenes all morning too. All right, we'll talk about you, and then after that we have Don Tito joining us, and we have asked, yee, it's way up.
Speaker 7: It's way up with Angela. Let's go.
Speaker 15: You are a media maven, right, you never know what Ang's gonna say.
Speaker 3: That's not true, Nick, all right, it's way up with Angela.
Speaker 2: Yee, I'm here my guest host and singing Imani is here with me today, which I was very excited about.
Speaker 3: You know, I had the whole cast.
Speaker 2: From the guys from Sisters on, so you know, I like to hear from the women as well. And Zatima is starting again on Thursday, Yes on B E T EXCISEY plus E plus, which I also have. Don't play with us, but I want to talk about what you do outside of that and then get into the characters.
Speaker 3: So you also have the plus jart coming up, the five K.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, the plus Struck check it out plus drut dot com. It's the first five K for plus size women in North America, plus size people, and it's a safe place for people to come together and focus on fitness and community instead of being worried about being scrutinized judge.
Speaker 2: A lot of times plus size people.
Speaker 5: We want to get in the gym, we want to do these activities and be in the fitness world, but we're consistently being you know, attacked or somebody has something to say.
Speaker 2: So it's a good place.
Speaker 5: To come feel the community, feel supported, and there are always tiers. When we cross those fun finish lines, we always have a good time. We always dance and parties, so it's gonna be really fun. This is the fifth year, so it's a big deal. Through the pandemic and everything pushing this event further and further, Joy Trible shout out to JOYD. Trible, the visionary behind it. But it has been incredible and I know that this fifth year is going to be even bigger and better.
Speaker 2: So I love that sometimes for everybody, even just getting out and starting with us. Absolutely what the streut is how you get started. The next thing, you know, you outside doing a little job. Next next thing you know, you're doing a marathon, and then you got five medals after alrighty. And then in addition to that, I also saw Brown Sugar Babe, So tell me about yes, about the sense and the everything. Oh, I love Brown Sugar Babe.
Speaker 5: So Brown Sugar Baby black owned company, in based out of Atlanta, and they've been really growing.
Speaker 2: They've been really there. I was one of the.
Speaker 5: First influencers with them, did a YouTube video many many years ago, and now they're hit about to hit a ten million dollar a year. I love it after five years of business, So congratulations to them. I see you supporting all of these black owned brands and small businesses too.
Speaker 3: I saw you do a pop up recently.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the Sister Shop. I love the Sister Shop.
Speaker 5: So the Sister Shop is based in Atlantic Station in Atlanta and it is home to over one hundred plus black and female owned businesses. So check them out. They have a website as well. But I just did a pop up shop and meet up greet there my boutique shop. No money was we were vending there as well as meeting up with some customers, and I had a closet seal at the same time.
Speaker 2: We were getting it all done in there. So tell me about your brand because I know that you're also into fashion. Look at you today looking offline. Thank you, thank you. Yes.
Speaker 5: So many years ago I started being as an influencer and then I was given the opportunity to design some clothes for those brands that I was influencing and it was a hit. And then it made me realize, like, I want to do this and I want to be a design clothes that reflect me, have the colors to pop and everything that I like. And so Shapnamani was born, and we're working to the point where we can make sure that those factories because it's hard out here getting these factories to make clothes for plus sized people. As you can see, there's a decline some stores that used to be really big and have plus size clothes. They're decreasing consistently, or the visibility or the styles, everything is a lot harder to come by. So wanting to be a voice in the industry as.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that. Thank you all right. Now, you know we got to talk about this new season of as a team. Since we have you out here. Now, Angela, some people think that you're not a good friend. There's a scene where you actually and I saw this going viral when you were saying to Fatima to keep her options open and she's like, I am engaged. Okay, okay. So now, for some reason, at a certain point, you were really holding Zach a canibal because he's got a lot going on. Yes, he's got a kid that he's you know, got to do it that he had to kidnap back.
Speaker 5: He was in Ja, he was running from the fits. I'm telling the baby on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot. And I also feel like, now correct me if I'm wrong, But with Zach, he was doing like some insider trading in a way.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Whether he is guilty or not.
Speaker 5: It's not well exactly, yeah, I mean he might have been a little guilty. So definitely that's something you want to watch out for because you don't want to be with a man who then gets right. And then I think for Angela, she sees her friend in such a positive light, like, girl, you're about to be a lawyer, you know, I feel like she sees her and it's like you can do better than this. And although you're engaged, baby girl, it's been a few months. It's not like you have deep ties with this man. So keep your options open. And I stand by that, y'all. I mean it.
Speaker 3: I need an Angela in our life.
Speaker 2: Yes you do.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And earlier you heard us talking about Angela's relationship on the show with Bryce, and we'll see what's gonna happen with this new season because you have your options open. Yes, yes, Angela got for sure. All right, Well, listen when we come back, ask ye I'm here and Zinging he's here with us, and we're gonna give you some advice. Any question you have. We want to help you out. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty Okay.
Speaker 4: Everybody with its relationship with Koreer advice.
Speaker 7: Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 2: This is what's up his way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here at my guest host and singer. You money, and it's time for you guys to ask any question that you have. Now we have Henry on the line. What's that Henry?
Speaker 3: Hey, how you doing ladies, I'm good, We're good. Hey, what's your question?
Speaker 8: So I just want to kind of ask you your opinion on a situation that happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 7: So I lived in New York City, okay.
Speaker 8: And I was heading home, going to the subway, and a homeless guy approached me and asked me to purchase him water, Okay, two bottles of water. So he handed me two dollars, and long story short, the guy was selling the water, the homeless guy assaulted him. He punched him in the nose, and the guy banned him from selling him water. So he decided to ask me to go purchase the water. But once I found that out, I in return give the dude the two dollars that the homeless god give to me, and then I walked away. So I let the guy. He kept the two dollars. So I told my friend group, and everybody's judging me. They're saying I'm wrong. So I just wanted to hear I guess another opinion, just to see how do you think I handled that situation.
Speaker 2: I think you did wrong.
Speaker 5: You could have just returned the money, and you decided to take that business owner's word over that gentleman's word based off of I'm assuming the fact that he's homeless and homeless people.
Speaker 8: He told me, he told me, oh, he told.
Speaker 3: Him that he was banned.
Speaker 8: He had blood on his hands, and the guy was bleeding. His nose was bleeding.
Speaker 2: Oh, he had just told me he was.
Speaker 8: Like, I punched him because he didn't want to tell me water. That's what the homeless guy's.
Speaker 2: Doing, Okay, And so why did you take the money at all?
Speaker 8: Boy? Because I think you gotta pay for your crime. Why did you hit an innocent person?
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you knew. I don't know the information. Yeah, I can make that. I know that that was your responsibility to do that. Somebody's in house. We don't know what his situation is mentally, yeah, or what's going on with him, or how that business owner treated that person to lead to them getting assaulted. There's a lot of factors here, but you chose to involve yourself. So I mean, for me, I will say you're wrong, damn.
Speaker 3: But what can you do about it? Now?
Speaker 2: Go give that man back in suit dollars.
Speaker 3: He's gonna punch you in your face.
Speaker 8: But I just wanted to hear other opinions.
Speaker 3: I mean, like everybody's not perfect and we make mistakes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess that's the more of the story, right.
Speaker 3: And the more of the story is do better.
Speaker 8: Yes, the guy assaulted an innocent guy, and I know what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't did you see it happen?
Speaker 8: No, but the man knows he's bleeding.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's lots of ways that can happen. Well, listen, I just want to in a situation like that though, because you don't know the full story. A lot of times people do rest to judgment on things, and we have that issue all the time in this country. So I just think the best thing to doing is it because you didn't see it, you weren't part of it.
Speaker 3: It's don't involve yourself in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that's true, but I think it's a little different because he confessed it. He came up to me and said he touched in the said did punch him water? And he said, can you go over there and get it for me?
Speaker 5: I think water should be a basic human right too, though, I mean, it's it's water, So this man could have been in need, and you know, we don't know how the business owner responded to him, and.
Speaker 3: He was paying for the water, wasn't trying to steal it.
Speaker 8: So that's true too. But the business owner also had his daughter with him, so I feel like a lot of the it's just a lot of.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're with the business owner basically, is what you're saying. You were riding with him, and y'all ganged up on this homeless man. Man, No, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It was so bad.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, All right, listen, let's all have some empathy for each other.
Speaker 3: But I get it. He saw a man bleeding. The guy confessed that he did do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would have took the two dollars, gave him the money and then also still gave him the water and been like, you know, in the future, it's not reacting. Let's not resort to that. All right, Well that was ask ye eight fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still leave a message. And when we come back.
Speaker 3: This is exciting. Don Chetle is going to be joining us.
Speaker 2: Fight Night is out right now on Peacock and this is my first time sitting down with this legend.
Speaker 3: It's way up.
Speaker 10: Do you want to know my name?
Speaker 7: Way up with Angela ye turn me on?
Speaker 2: What's up? His way up with Angela Yee? I'm Angela Yee beat I is guest hosting with me. You know what?
Speaker 3: He usually leaves before the interview. But don Cheetle's here.
Speaker 2: But when I tell you, this whole entire floor is so excited and so am I.
Speaker 16: Oh prepared to be very disappointed.
Speaker 2: Now, well, listen. I did have a chance to watch the first five episodes. Oh cool a fight night. Fascinating story.
Speaker 15: Yeah, really interesting story about Muhammad Ali's first comeback after he was a conscience just objector to the war. And it's nineteen seventy, so he's been out a fight game for three years and the senator in Atlanta was able to find a loophole in the law and get him a fight in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had stripped him up his license, so he really couldn't fight anywhere exactly. But watching this, I didn't even realize how black people weren't supportive of Muhammad Ali during that time.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, talk about the role you're playing in this film.
Speaker 2: One of the first black detectives or the first black detective in Atlanta.
Speaker 15: I think one of the first Black Detectives is probably true.
Speaker 11: J D.
Speaker 16: Hudson that I play is from a different era. You know, he's a throwback. How'd you prepare for it? Cracks?
Speaker 1: Just hell.
Speaker 15: I mean you can go through to do acting exercises and research and all that, but if you really want to break some stuff open, you gotta get crazy. No, you know, there's a lot of research about this guy. His descendants still around, you know. So, And we also had this podcast to go off of that. Ye was I heart Yeah, it was really It's really a great one. You also love an accent man Sometimes sometimes I hate.
Speaker 16: It as emotions and perfect accent, I don't know about perfect. Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's always challenging. Some people can do it very easily. Some people have a real facility for it. It's not easy for me. And it's something that you know what, when you're in your trailer going over words and people are outside clowning around, you're like, dang, I have to do this?
Speaker 16: Why I just do it as me?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Beata is here with me and we are talking to the legend don Cheetle so Olcespoorteen is happening. It feels like, I mean, I mind hearing conversations about it and nobody call me, did they not? Though that's impossible, is it.
Speaker 15: I'm just saying that we've seen everything happen. Okay, I imagine if it's happening, they're going to call me for sure, But I don't. I don't know that it's happening. I just think it's been a lot of talk.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a lot of talk about the script is ready and they've been working on it.
Speaker 3: And but you like it though, right, you would? You would be willing, So yes.
Speaker 15: I mean, I mean it would depend you know what I mean? Like I almost wasn't in the second one. What interesting story. The timing of it on paper at the time is going to be a direct conflict with Hotel Rwanda.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hotel Rowanda's classic, and.
Speaker 15: I was like, there's no way I'm going to do Oceans twelve over Hotel over Hotel Rwanda, So I'm sorry. And then Brad playing the character Achilles in the movie that he did tore his Achilles and it pushed the movie eight weeks, which was the window that I was able to through Oceans Too Crazy?
Speaker 2: Is that all the times that you probably have roles that you really wanted to do, but timing wise, you couldn't. You know, that has to hurt sometimes when you're like, man, I want to do it, but I.
Speaker 15: Mean, I'm going to say, honestly, I'm sure that happens. But I've rarely been in that situation. I've been very fortunate and blessed in every word you want to use to have the opportunity to do most of the things that I've I've wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Don Cheatle is here. We're talking about the series Fight Night that's on Peacock right now. You guys love It is based on a true story. We have more when we come back. It's way up with Angela Yee. Turn me up here, we go up there.
Speaker 7: This is way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: What's up? Is way up with Angela Yee? And beat out his hair. He said, can I please sit in on his interview? And Don Cheetle is here. The living legend Kevin Hart, really Kevin Heart. He did an amazing job here. I do want to say that. Oh that's sure, dude, Yeah yeah, sure, he is short, Yeah, but he did an amazing job.
Speaker 16: I just want to.
Speaker 2: You can't even imagine what this was like with you guys on camera together.
Speaker 16: It was every day, every day, every day.
Speaker 2: Lori Harvey's in the series as well. How was it for you, like as far as having people around you, because it's all different levels of acting, you know, around you. Like you said, you do come from theater, so does Samuel L. Jackson. But then you have you know, people like Chloe Bailey who's newer at it, Lori Harvy Lovely. Yeah, so how is that like on Seid are you giving advice to the yo? No, because you're also a director, so that could be something really helpful to have you like in second job.
Speaker 15: I mean, I've worn every hat, you know, if you have the ability to see around the corner and understand that, oh this is something that would be helped if we did this or that or move this this way, you know. And then you know, you mentioned sam again, dude's steeped in the game, and Taraji too, Terrence too. I mean they all have a lot of years, right you know, So there's a lot of years and when we're all pulling in the same direction and trying to accomplish the same things, then it's helpful.
Speaker 2: Right now, beat at is here with me and we are talking to the legend don Cheetle beat out.
Speaker 3: You have a question.
Speaker 16: Ten years ago you started next to jay Z in the Run trailer. Can you talk about that experience? It was brief, but we had a good time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 15: We shot a little like improv video where we were playing poker, and just like just improv. It doesn't really show up a lot in the you don't hit hear it in the video. It's all the song. But yeah, there's a whole scene that we just improved and we're messing around with and it was fun to do.
Speaker 2: It's fun to do and Kendrick and.
Speaker 15: Like when we shot that video, Kendrick was so with it, like between takes, you know, and in our part of the video he's handcuffed to the table and he's, you know, doing this whole stuff and cuffs and we'd cut and they would go to take the handcuffs off and.
Speaker 16: He'd be like, no, in character, and he's in character. He stayed in them the whole video. I was like, does he know that he doesn't he's the cameras on. He's like no, he's dead, like really committed.
Speaker 15: And I had wanted him he was something that I had thought about casting in my movie that I did miles ahead and have him played the role of Junior, And we talked about it for a long time and he was ultimately he said, I don't think I'm ready to do that, and I'm kind of working on a project right now, and I kind of don't want to like have to see that through, and I also don't want to come in here halfway and and I'm like, no, I get it.
Speaker 16: And it was to Pimp a Butterfly. I was like, I think you made the right choice on that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's commendable because somebody would have been like, let me pause my album because that's a huge wow.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that.
Speaker 16: But that's what I'm saying. He's that kind of a dude.
Speaker 15: And he had called me one day and he's like, what are you What are you doing? And I kind of took a screenshot of when I was writing the movie and I had all these three by five cards laid out on the on the counter and he's like, what is that. Like, Oh, I'm just trying to figure out what scenes go where and how to organize that. And he's like, why would you do that, And we were on the phone for an hour with him, just so curious and so inquisitive about the writing process and how it works and how do you prepare this and why would you move that scene there.
Speaker 16: I was like, Wow, this dude's just a curious He's just a very curious dude. Yeah. I did kindrid a lot.
Speaker 2: This was such a blessing to have you here today, honestly, Like, and where's the so.
Speaker 16: I thought I was. I thought there was like some money it's supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the check is in the mail. I hate that Kevin Hart has it.
Speaker 15: I'm never seeing this man ninety.
Speaker 2: But make sure you guys watch Fight Now. It is an.
Speaker 3: Amazing, amazing series.
Speaker 2: When I tell you, when I first started watching it, that's definitely a binge worthy show to get into. And it's got its funny moments. It's got you on the edge of your seat. Taji. I mean that moment where she had to yeah, man, oh that's all I have to say, you know exactly. You gotta watch it if you haven't watched it. But I feel like people are into and shout out to Will Packer too. Yeah, yeah, on set must have been so much fun. I can't even imagine what this might be real. All right, well, anyway, it's way Up with Angelaye Dantino. Thank you, all right, thank you so much to don Cheto for joining us. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with ye And when we come back, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 7: Pick up the phone to get your voice heard. What the word? He is? The last word on Way Up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 2: What's up? It's way Up with Angela Yee and Happy Tuesday, and thank you to my girl and Zinga Yimiani for joining me today. I had a good time with you. This has been really fun. Thank you for having me. This is great ahead of the new season of Zatima coming out on Thursday on BT Plus. Yes, I am so ready for that, me too. Why does it feel like it's been a minute?
Speaker 5: It has I don't even know when the last one came out, but it's been far too long and.
Speaker 2: We're ready, all right, So you know what that means, guys, That means between today and tomorrow, make sure y'all go get refreshed on one and two. Yeap, what just happened on season two? So you can get ready for season three absolutely because Zatiama, well, Fatima and Zach are locked in, and Angela is going to have quite a storyline this season. I can already feel it coming.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I get to play a lot this season. It's gonna be interesting. And you know, Right's got some competition. Now, okay, we like it. Rice is cute. I love Rice.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: The only thing is, you know, he's a swinger, and I don't know how I feel about swingers because I want to be in a monogamous relationship. Everybody doesn't, Yeah, but I would.
Speaker 3: Like to be one on one.
Speaker 5: I feel like Angela started off wanting that, but now she's she seems to be kind of outside, like she's really not super into just having one relationship. I feel like now she's trying to play the field.
Speaker 2: So okay, we like it. It gets interesting, all right, Well, listen you guys, Thank you again to Don Cheto who came through today.
Speaker 3: What a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Make sure you also watch Fight Night on Peacock if you haven't seen it yet, start studied all Star casts. And right now, of course you have the last word.
Speaker 17: This message is for that queen that just called regarding the water bottle and the two dollars and the unhoused individual. I just want that princess to know that his fruitcat was.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent correct.
Speaker 17: If he was worried about the business owner's child and the business owner's safety, he could have not taken the two dollars and called nine one one all walked over and supported the business owner. The fact that he took the two dollars and walked his sassy behind over and got his little paid back just tells me.
Speaker 6: That he is sassy and we need to get him a crown.
Speaker 17: I love you, Angela.
Speaker 8: I want to start hi light on my daughter, Miss Melanie Carver.
Speaker 1: She was turning.
Speaker 10: The fourth daye Laddy went
Speaker 7: Going way out out with Angela yee