Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: We'll kick it off with a voicemail. This is from one of our listeners. You sent this in after hearing Ben and our legal expert having a chat this week.
Speaker 3: So Heather, why don't you hit it?
Speaker 4: I've been a fan from the beginning, and I just want to say that there's a reason Taylor Frankie Ball has six points something million followers on TikTok. We want to see her stuff. She still has that many followers because we don't care about everything that's going.
Speaker 1: On in her life.
Speaker 4: But I need to air her season. Love you guys.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting take. I feel like most people who follow Taylor, I mean, right now, she's not really posting stuff besides her own drama, right Yeah. All of her Instagram content and TikTok content have been related to what she's going through in her life right now, so.
Speaker 3: It's hard to separate the two.
Speaker 5: I think I'd like to hear more from listeners that have been longtime followers of her, like what what do you resonate with her?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: I I think like a lot of people was not aware of her until the soft Swinging scandal and then the show coming out you know, not too long after that, you know, got me intrigued. But I was not a long time follower. She was not on my radar prior to that. So I'd like to hear, you know, from people, whether you like her, whether you don't like her, Like, what is it about her that is so, you know, either aspirational to you or polarizing to you? What My big takeaway from that that voicemail, though, was that she wants to see the season, so, you know, we keep talking about it.
Speaker 3: It's never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 6: That's what I think. I think it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Our legal expert Alison Triesel, said that she thinks.
Speaker 6: That it will happen.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, and she said it's gonna be you know, in her legal experience, that it would create so much buzz and so much you know, possible revenue for the show that she thinks that they will air it. I'm in your camp. I think that it's not gonna happen. I think brands will not want to be aligned with it at this state right now, with what's going on and what we're also going to get into and talk about today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well let's get into that recent headline. So Taylor reportedly, I guess, how do we not have conclusive facts on this? Because this is a court thing, is it not?
Speaker 5: But again, we're dealing with minors, so maybe that is why there's not like actual legal documents out about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's supposedly happening. Reportedly, she turned down a modified custody proposal from Tate, her ex husband, and Dakota. She rejected a temporary custody agreement from Tate. This came out yesterday where it was requesting that she have approximately thirty five percent of parenting time with their kids, the eight year old and the six year old. This is again TMZ, they are the leaders in this information. The outlet is claiming that Tate's petition accommodated the time that Taylor had custody of her two year old son. Ever, so basically they want to have all the kids together, so it's like a sibling relationship. Page six is also reporting that Dakota had offered Taylor a revised custodial arrangement, which would give her visitation Withever forty percent of the time. This all sounds to me like pretty good chunks of time, like forty percent. We're working up almost you know, we're almost at fifty.
Speaker 6: But remember we went We're going from one hundred percent, like.
Speaker 2: Ye know we're going.
Speaker 3: Is it not fifty to fifty?
Speaker 2: Was it not fifty to fifty before?
Speaker 5: I do not think that it was fifty to fifty with Tate before because the kids lived with her.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought it was the Tate then, but I guess not.
Speaker 6: But what.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it goes in divorce court.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happening with that.
Speaker 5: But these are definitely steps up from what she currently has with her kids.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: She also just posted a TikTok instagram which is supposedly a response to this. It's her sitting in the car looking to the camera with a text overlay saying, I might have to keep quiet, but time doesn't. She captioned this video with an offer. What an offer over my dead body? So it sounds as if tell me if I'm wrong in analyzing this, that she does not like this offer and time.
Speaker 3: I might have to keep quiet, but time doesn't.
Speaker 2: Does that mean time with the kids time as it ticks on.
Speaker 5: I took it as time that ticks on, but I also took it as a riddle. Sometimes, you know, Taylor's captions and things aren't always so straightforward, which I think she does that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Does she want to write lyrics with Taylor Swift?
Speaker 6: Maybe with Doug? You know he dabbles in that song.
Speaker 5: Stuff, but also so did the guy that she was seeing kind of before Doug. Remember I did that whole deep dive on the song and all that.
Speaker 2: She posted this to her social media two days ago, but it was yesterday, Thursday the thirtieth, in which it was reported by TMZ that something happened with.
Speaker 5: Cork, But that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of what was being back post exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, beforehand, that's what it sounds like. I'm going into and I know what you're going to propose to me and absolutely not Yeah, but how do you?
Speaker 3: But now I guess it does.
Speaker 2: Does it look great to say like I'm rejecting that proposal and then therefore like stuck with the amount that I have with my kids? Like what does that even mean?
Speaker 5: I think I think it just still means like that they're in a negotiation period.
Speaker 6: You did see though that you know.
Speaker 5: A source then went to page six and said, Taylor Frankie Paul will continue fighting for her children as long as it takes now. I don't know who this source is, but I will say that her mom, Leanne, posted quite a few screenshots I think, and links to this article yesterday when it came out.
Speaker 2: The source says that Taylor's response is so now I'm suddenly capable of parenting forty percent of the time. Couldn't be more obvious what this is really about. It isn't about safety or the well being of our children. This is what the source is saying. Taylor's response was so it's not like a direct quote from Taylor. The source added that she's prepared to fight for us on the tags and that they claim that she is witnessing the fathers coordinating their legal efforts against her, and that she looks forward to addressing those claims through the core and can't wait to witness them lose.
Speaker 6: They're interesting things to say to the press, is it not.
Speaker 5: These are like kind of very choice words to use. Yes to a tabloid.
Speaker 2: What has made these two men bond is what I want to know.
Speaker 5: I truly don't know, because Tate's never been involved in the show. We've never seen any sort of dynamics play out on camera. Like I can't even speak to his personality or the kind of you know, person he presents as you know, forward facing, because I've never gotten to know him through a TV.
Speaker 3: But call me naive.
Speaker 2: Part of that makes me trust him and only I say this, and it's just it's like it's an implicit by it, Like what is that called? Like I just I have no reason to trust him, but for some reason, because he hasn't it just desire to get his face out there in the midst of this drama when it could.
Speaker 3: Be so easy. He seems like a respectable source. I don't know. Maybe I'm totally wrong. Again only theories here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And I know we've gotten feedback on this because obviously we do, you know, cover a lot of what's going on in Taylor's life.
Speaker 6: I know for me that.
Speaker 5: I am fairly neutral in a lot of this because I've not been witnessed, you know, to any of this. So I'm not like a Taylor Frankie Paul fan, and I'm not like a Dakota fan, you know, kind of a fan of the TV show and watching it as a whole. And was I excited to see her become the Bachelorette, Yes, of course I was. I felt like I knew her to a certain extent watching her on TV. But I'm not over here picking sides like we are reporting if anybody side. We just want these kids to be okay, you know, and not be so caught in the middle. I just think it's interesting that this page six source also says it's unclear what's going to happen yet with her season of the Bachelorette. She's been receiving a lot of support online from other women, and it says according to our source, Taylor will also be on the forthcoming season of The Secret Lives and Mormonwives, which we are I already knew because it was She's going to be in stuff that was taped prior to the Bachelorette scandal happening. I need that season to freaking drop already. That one has been taking too long too to come out with all.
Speaker 2: This still one that happened when they pause it, yees March. So yeah, it would be getting to the time that it would start to air.
Speaker 6: They've said, I believe that this season is going to be shorter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they had to stop filming for a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think they also just wanted to like start a new season, get going with, you know whatever, new cast members. I'm also unclear of who's coming back who's not coming back to that show with people moving to different states and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway to reiterate what Heather just said, I feel the same.
Speaker 3: I don't have any skin in this fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and I was excited for her season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're here reporting on what's happening, but it doesn't mean that we're just Taylor's support or we're just Dakota supporters or haters. It's like, it's not like that we are just reporting on what is coming out and you know, following because she was going to be a part of the show. But we do want to hear from you guys. Like I sometimes, if I'm being totally honest, I do have a little bit of Taylor Frankie Paul Fatigue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same, I'm like, what is she doing again?
Speaker 2: Like so in our group message, we'll send her tiktoks, we'll send articles and I'm just like, is this just this just a merry go round? Like it just feels like such similar things come out about her every every week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she fans the flames by doing the tiktoks and by you know, putting stuff out there. A lot of these things I think could be handled privately without social media. But she continues there's other drama going on in her life about.
Speaker 6: Golf cart and stuff like that. But weah, we'll get into it.
Speaker 2: Car, Like, what was that a joke that she was getting pulled over because of a golf car.
Speaker 5: I can't speak to this because I haven't researched it enough, but it's something along the lines of a woman claiming that there's issues in Taylor's neighborhood with the golf car. She's got the cops involved, Taylor being like, there is no issue, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 6: Something along those lines.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not important at the end of the day, but we will continue to follow this story because we're invested. We think that you guys, the listeners are invested as well. But call us tell us eight four four or five almost, what are your feelings on Taylor?
Speaker 6: Frankie Paul are you a fan? Why have you been a fan?
Speaker 3: Do you want us to stop?
Speaker 2: I'll tell us because, like you know, we are almost a year from the filming of her season and she never aired, but we're still talking about her as if she's a Bachelor Nation member.
Speaker 5: So wait, let me let me check her Instagram again. Hold on, I want to keep I want to know when if she ever changes her bio, still, says creator of Mom Talk, Secret Lives and Mormon Wives. The Bachelorette Jesus is king as of right now when we're recording this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she was the Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 5: I mean, we know that she got paid for services rendered, but you know she did that job.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, sometimes I just listen to Heather on these because I'm just like, you know what, I think she gets her more. I think you just get it more.
Speaker 5: I'm just online too much more. Ashley, Well, you followed her long before me. Yeah, so well, thank you guys for listening. As always, I've been Ashley, I've been Heather sea
Speaker 1: By follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.