Speaker 1: Unhappy Corbin, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports folks.
Speaker 2: It's me Joey p Joe Piezopia and with me today is the Welsh.
Speaker 1: It's a fun Friday.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about the night that was, look ahead to the weekend, maybe talk a little prospects past. Because Mike Mayer asked me a very provocative question before the show started. I want to get Welsh's take on some of that. And of course it's all of you joining us here. Fantasy Pros MLB. Make sure you like this video and subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB. The Waiver Wire video just dropped yesterday. I just recorded that some of the names to pick up also the by low Sell High video. So it's not just the pod, it's more than that. It's full service. And Welsh speaking of full service, it was certainly a busy night in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: I think you'd agree, Uh yeah, yeah, jumping a busy night in sports in general. If I could just put that out there from the NBA World World Chairs, the NBA.
Speaker 1: Championship everything's the world seriously wrestling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, baseball wrestling to baseball to how about them angels? How about just pointing out the continued conversation we have about Otani and the potential MVP stuff and how it's kind of tapered back, and last night he goes six awesome trout, couple homers, I don't know, getting a little, getting a little O'tani again.
Speaker 2: Getting a little O'tani, and then Altani number is going up to five six hundred, plus six hundred, telling you this is the way to approach it. I'm gonna wait and see how high I can get it and then reinvest and see where it goes.
Speaker 1: I've already got my judge investment.
Speaker 2: That's done. I think I got it three to one, so that that's fine whatever it is it is now. But Judge, I looked this morning, was plus one hundred already, so that's gonna be a minus number. If he has a big it's over. It's over the money. You can't make it anymore. But you can't make money on a TONI still still a thing. So circling around, circling a Ryan, Let's get to the headlines here in Major League baseball starting with Otani. Six scoreless sittings and a pair of hits too. Still pretty good, and the Angels might rebound a little bit. You see the Angels having that little bounce recently, right, you see the Phillies going on as are granted, the Phillies you're playing some crap teams, and wherever you see Patrick Corbin, you should just go directly for that with all your money. Just take all your money, all your investments, all your fantasy shares or your dfs or your gambling, just go right to wherever Patrick Corbin is.
Speaker 1: He is an automatic baby.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you it's incredible. He picked up his ninth loss of the year. Left think about that. I don't believe there's a starter with nine wins and he has his ninth loss. And I don't remember anybody correct me. I don't remember a more count on get blown up pitcher in the last ten years. I mean, if Patrick goes out, he's going to get blasted. It's the easiest bet against at all times. Whether you want to go and play dfs, you stack against. Whether you want to play the run line on the opposite team you play that, you play every the runs hit. I mean, books are gonna can't give any props for Patrick Corbin if it was earned runs and everything. It's wild. And I cannot believe that team is still letting him pitch.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it's somebody that was as good as he was for as long as he was and now as bad as he was for as long as he was.
Speaker 1: Like that, that's the thing, but he never had anything like he is thirty one years old.
Speaker 2: He is thirty two years old, Like this should be like prime Patrick Corbin years. I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just I think it's easy. I don't know if it's stubbornness or developmental coaching or whatever. But you know a guy that's always been two pitches, Like, if you're this bad, how do you not develop anything else? Do you talk to your teammates You're like, hey, what's that grip? Let me try anything else that I could.
Speaker 2: He should go sacrifice a live chicken, like like in Major League at this point, I mean.
Speaker 3: Whatever there, Yeah, I mean yeah, get the the stuff, light it, walk around, get the bad juju out. I don't know what you gotta do, because I don't. I don't recall more stubborn of a picture than this situation when you're again you're a two pitch pitcher. That slider doesn't work, that fastball isn't anything great, and he's just getting teed off on. I'm amazed he still has a job right now. It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Well, we said the same thing about Dallas on a Friday, and then he was designated for assignment next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll you know what, and he'll go back to the Diamondbacks. They do that, Dallas Kico, Patrick Corman just put him back.
Speaker 1: Back to the d Backs.
Speaker 2: Uh goodness, gracious before we go onto their other headlines. A lot of fun things in the chat here, talk about, first of all, happy birthday to an og original gangsta fan of the show, which is mister Osborne. Here, Happy birthday, mister Osborne. I know you're watching live here, so shout out to him. Hey. Hey, also I see red Bee here, Who's like, how are you not talking?
Speaker 1: Wwe? Joe?
Speaker 2: I did it on the I did in this ring podcast yesterday morning. It's all I talked about before the show today with Welsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were, we were there show talking. Well, the problem was is you just released the end this ring from yesterday in speculation and then this morning.
Speaker 1: And everything I said, that fruition, everything I said, and you and I.
Speaker 3: Said, Vince McMahon is maybe arguably but the most important figure in wrestling history. And the entire pre show was wrestling. And Joe's like, all right, we gotta talk baseball now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do whatever swings out, go check it out. That's fine. Also other headlines here to.
Speaker 2: Talk about Trout hitting a pair of homers, uh seven straight for the Yankees. Rizzo hits a fly ball that goes over the Yankee Stadium fence. I'm sure Wanky Penguin would agree with me on that one. I mean, that was such a flyball, like ridiculous, barely out home run.
Speaker 1: But whatever walked off. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Big series this weekend for the Blue Jays and the Yankees. Edwin Diaz gets his thirteen save. Got a little dicey there, Kyle Schwarber two dingers over the natsuh Andy Ashby left to start with four arm tightness. And this ain't good. I'm telling you, I hope you've been getting on this cardinal bandwagon for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I've been talking about it.
Speaker 2: We've been pounding the drum for it, and I am shocked, And actually I'm not shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm sad that things have gone.
Speaker 2: This way for the Brewers because injuries will undo any good team. But really, injuries have completely undone this rotation for the Brewers. And that was the strength because you knew the offense was kind of, you know, skeptical at best. So keep an eye on that. Ezekiel durand uh go ahead triple against the Tigers. And I like this one at Tuardo Escobar unavailable due to non workplace event. Well, she have any non workplace events lined up for this afternoon? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do, Actually, I've got I got one actually right after this show, I got some workplace events. Yeah. I'm actually quite a big fan of non workplace events.
Speaker 1: What exactly?
Speaker 3: You know he did just meet Shakira and then now he's having a non workplace event.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you some man, I just met Cara.
Speaker 2: I've been having a lot of non workplace events wherever she goes, wherever, whenever we're meant to be together.
Speaker 3: That's whatever's been years now, and you know this, I don't know why she doesn't do the super Bowl halftime every year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm perfectly because out there. Finally, I just want you.
Speaker 1: Here to be there, all right.
Speaker 2: Injury news, Sure's there is going to have a rehab start coming up next week. And I'm telling you, with the Tyler McGill injury from last night, I would put the house on Mac Surezer next weekend being back for the Mets. Like he is going to make one rehab start, He's gonna shot it out of my way. I'm Max sure he's well, you know what, I know the fact that he came out as early as like he was like, Nope, something's wrong. I'm not even gonna push through it. I think that's probably worked in his favor because I think maybe Max Schurzer five six years ago would have pushed through it and he didn't. And I think that's probably why he's back so soon now. Look of course, well, I mean he he came out with a tweet about that. But this is this is going to be expedited. The Ashby news obviously another big one. But Yati Malina is going to miss a couple week, so this is bad for the pitching staff of the of the Saint Louis Cardinals.
Speaker 1: No doubt he's missing.
Speaker 3: You know, real quick. You glossed over it twice because I wanted to ask you this real but on the Ashby front, not the gloss Okay, something I wanted to mention. Shout out to doctor Glenn who gave the plug yesterday. Did the stages. We got to get more people in there when I do them. It looks like it's going to be five pm Eastern. I agree, Wonky.
Speaker 2: I agree, she's gone completely whack of do though.
Speaker 3: You know what I can't.
Speaker 1: I can bring shakiround my kids. I don't think I can bring.
Speaker 3: Around you know, a good point.
Speaker 2: But you know, build something with Shakira, just like it's not like just you know, like a one off thing.
Speaker 1: This is like a future.
Speaker 3: I don't want to build. I don't want to build anything. I don't want build a Lego set, not a relationship.
Speaker 2: I want to build, Doctor Glenn Saturday afternoon to me, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Five pm Eastern on Thursdays I'm doing the stages. Come hang out. But one of the things I brought up in there was a couple of weeks ago when I brought up Spencer Streider versus Aaron Ashby and I got just everyone's like, what could you ask that question? How could you even ask that? I'm a real Everyone's freaking out about that. And then now Strider eleven strikeouts, Aaron Ashby got banged up a little bit in the actual games and injury stuff. Just a quick heat check for you. Spencer, Strider, Aaron Ashby rest the season.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to pick one right now, Stryder, But I'm I'm still like I said, I don't see either of them as guys.
Speaker 1: August September is.
Speaker 2: The money time, and I think both of those guys, I'm not one hundred percent confident didn't come that time for numerous reasons. You know, whether it's getting pictures back healthy, whether it's a team like the Bradys making a move being more.
Speaker 3: Is going to push him off.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've got a lot of time and energy investment, Seroka, and you brough up the point yesterday, which is Strider can go back to the bullpen and he was dominant there, and that's a huge thing when you get into the playoffs. Plus what's the innings look like?
Speaker 3: You know, But you got to say, but yeah, and it's the interesting thing I would also throw out here just if you want to have all of those elements be part of it. Who is the more valuable reliever when they were in it, because both these guys have played that role. It was Strider, because Strider would go to to you know, almost strikeout yeah, seven in that time period. I just think it's funny because it was like seventy five percent Aaron Ashby, And it's the recency bias of it. And that's why I asked the question. We asked the question early because Strider was such an elite strikeout option. Some things out of injuries are out of Ashby's peripheral of like what he could deal with. But also you know, he's getting banged up a little bit. Just wanted a heat check, that was all.
Speaker 2: No, it's a good thing. Speaking of heat check, Wonky Penguins thrown some heat right now.
Speaker 1: She's genuinely curious.
Speaker 2: How many of us could Homer and Yankee Stadium off a pitching machine. I will raise my hand and say you with confidence, I can without a doubt, Yeah no I pitching or a pitching machine. I absolutely can.
Speaker 3: I definitely could. I Actually I actually took batting practice at one of the Diamondbacks fields, the back practice fields, and it was a couple of years ago, and I missed a I hit the wall. I just missed it hit the wall. But here's the key, though, I'm alrighty, So I'd have to go opo to really take advantage of that short porch, like, really take advantage of that short porch. So I still think I'm gonna go with yes, but the OPO thing. You're a righty though too, So.
Speaker 2: You're a righty. But a lot of my power was actually dead center field, Like it hit the balls very you know.
Speaker 1: Actually one of the great moments in my career.
Speaker 2: At the Fan Duel Tournament in Vegas a few years ago, they had the home run derby and I got to kind of sneak in there and take some VP and I hit a home run in front of Bo Jackson, who was.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, wasn't that where you met Bo Jackson?
Speaker 2: It was awesome. One He was like, hey, that's good, like he basically gave me the hey, that's good. And I was like, thanks about Jackson, that's it. I can die happy right there. If Shakira was there, it would be even better. But she wasn't all right, let's talk about this. It's not even on the list of things. But Mike Mayer brought this up, and he right before the show, he said to me, is there a prospect who's been hyped as much or as long as Brenan Rodgers who's really never done anything?
Speaker 1: And I thought, yes, there's got to be. So I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Dig for some names. And again, it's not a guy who had a short lived moment. It's a guy that was hyped and hype for a long time and then just got major league opportunity, not like Brian Taylor who never saw the light of day.
Speaker 3: But here were a couple of names that I came at a cable.
Speaker 1: Bubba Starling was one that came to me right away.
Speaker 3: Such a good one.
Speaker 1: I love Bubba Starling.
Speaker 3: Look loved Bubba.
Speaker 2: This is gonna light up the chat. I'm telling you right now. Everybody in the chat. Peanuts and Cracker Jacks put some good ones. I see go Cards already puting Matt Bush in there. But Bubba Starling was the first one that came to mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I want to agree with that one real quick, because also I followed him a lot and I actually just saw him recently, within like a year ago before I think he did his full on retirement at twenty five years old, he was still trying to get up with the royals. And this is a perspective thing I throw out here too. Think about this. Bubba Starling and George Springer came in the same draft. Look at where George Springer's career had moved to, and Bubba Starling was just still trying to like get this thing going. That's a great one. I actually think that one might be even better than Brendan Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yes I did say thank you, mister Jackson. Uh you know, I just you know, I did a couple out, but the one to dead center field that was the one that got the reaction. Here was a couple other names that I remember. Todd van poppel came out to mind because I remember all the rookie cards of Tom van Poppell. Get him a couple of years older than you, and that guy just never happened. See see Don saying Ben Greeve. But Ben Greeve had some good moments, Now you had some good seasons.
Speaker 3: Now I can envision him in a raised uniform too.
Speaker 2: So because there was a justus, said Greg Jeffries, who also came to mind for me, he had that one little sparkling run in eighty eight and then never did anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's being mean, that's being mean, Wonky's being mean, and Kellic is coming up. You guys are being mean today. Yes, Friday was.
Speaker 1: A couple other ones. Brandon Wood from The Angels.
Speaker 3: Absolutely right, that was a dude for me.
Speaker 1: And another rocky one, Ian Stewart. Remember all the Ian.
Speaker 2: Stewart buzz for years and years and years. But again, if you got some drop him in the chat, I love this process.
Speaker 3: Those are really really great ones. Brandon Wood probably hits closest to home to me too, because that was Brandon Wood's time period. Was like even in the time where we were kind of going on air, and actually my relationship with Paul Sporer started because of brandon Wood because Bogan and I had mentioned, Uh, we were like, oh, the Angels prospect, we couldn't think of it, and then out of the clouds we get hit up by spor the guys it was Brandon Wood, and we're like, oh my god, you're listening to our podcast. So Brandon Woods a great one. Ian Stewart as well. We could probably sit here and go through. It's a good one here for Ryan Zach Lee.
Speaker 2: I remember zachly, but it's any time at the big league level.
Speaker 1: Joe Borchard was another one.
Speaker 2: Uh if you.
Speaker 3: Remember Joe, I remember Joe to be.
Speaker 2: This big power guy. But again it's it's all this all this might be the ps neurosis dance, Zach says. Gordon Beckham, Gordon Beckham, That's that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Matta just came to my mind. Well, Matt Laporta was involved in the c C. Sabathia trade, like he was literally why they did that trade.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just saying Tim Beckham, Gordon Beckham. Uh, we got David Beckham, all the Beckhams. All right, let's talk about this. I knew, I knew we could get some good name. And it's Friday. We're having fun here on the show, so it not be so mean.
Speaker 1: But this is a tweet from John Clark. Let's talk about this. The Phillies have won twelve of fourteen games in June.
Speaker 2: Schwarber two more home runs. He's up to eighteen. Only Judge has more. Remember when we talked about the bounce, the managerial fire bounce. So we got the bounce. It also coincided with a good part of the schedule. Don't fool yourselves, kids, to think that it's not part of the reasoning behind the firing. Now the question is can it sustain? Do you think the Phillies are a team that you can invest in potentially as a playoff team?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just think they like I feel like, but they got to know the rests though, well, okay they did. Yeah, the bull exactly. That's the point right there. The bullpen sucks, Bryson stots picking it up where Boem is just really kind of falling apart. They've got some of the other batting pieces that you really really do need, But I don't know. Injuries are so prominent with this team right now. Sikuraz is missing significant time, Losing Kennebel is a big issue. They don't really have depth on both sides. I think they're always a team to watch for, but they just don't seem to have any fire of being aggressive of like changing up the roster. They just keep throwing out different pieces seeing what works. And I'd like to see them be aggressive in the market. But yeah, sure, I mean they obviously have a fire lit under them. Kyle Schwarber's doing it picking up pieces where you know, Nick Cassianos isn't rocking, but soon enough he'll he'll keep going. The offense will keep them going. Only so far though, that gott to cure that bullpen.
Speaker 2: Some more good names here, by the way, Felix pa, William o'pena, Chris Iyanetta. Oh I would went to that Chris ian Eda well every year, hoping, hoping so much as the next Nolan Ryan. I remember that, Oh baby, I remember all that. Todd Van Poppol is Todd Van Poppol. That Todd Van never gonna do anything at the major league level.
Speaker 3: That's what Todd vanna work.
Speaker 2: Gonna work here anymore. All right, let's get to some more stuff. This one was fascinating too. This is like business of baseball. John Hayman tweeted this yesterday. You know, John Hayman, the don't at me bro, John Hayman, Mike dropped, you know, thirteen year old the eighth grader John Aman. Some rival owners expressed annoyance at the A's who took the newly awarded revenue sharing monies and rather than spending it on players, just did the opposite, staging an all times sell off. And as they point out, the revenue sharing is done to foster competitiveness, and this has obviously been building for a while.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Of all the stadiums, and I've been to fifteen of them, it is the worst place to watch a baseball game. And I'm including the old Vet in Philly. I'm including you know, old three River Stadium, and there's some old of those cookie cutter, terrible astroturfields. Oakland, by far is the biggest dump. It's terrible. Every view is terrible. They don't even have helmets Sundays. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It actually is one of the few I've been to because I'm from the Bay Area and that's the first baseball stadium I ever went to. I remember the first My grand My grandfather loved the A's. They love love the A's, and I remember the first game we ever went to. He got seats and it was behind a pole and I was just like, okay, just trying to look around. It's a garbage stadium. I mean, they have no their plumbing doesn't work. It's yeah, there's just specs just flowing through. If it's a bad.
Speaker 2: Day, it feels like something in It feels like something in a movie where you're like, oh, this is the it's like major League.
Speaker 1: It's the second major League. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: And you're like, well, I guess ye, I'll we can let everything go before we sell it off. But this is this is a problem here, and the A's are gonna be gone. I'm telling you they're gonna be in Vegas this time. In two years, they're gonna be a Vegas team. Mike Mayer also named his son Nolan Ryan's that is a lot of pressure. His full name, though, is Nolan Ryan Mountcastle Mayor. I just want people to know that I don't love people, you know, a full name. Also, this is fun fun fact. Clay Holmes has faced one hundred and thirteen hitters this year. Eighty three percent of them have hit a groundball or struck out his era point two nine. Holy crap, Welsh, I mean, you can't take the closer roll away from this guy right ever, Like, I don't care what Chapman does.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I said. That's what I said. When Chapman went down This is why I was so hyper aggressive on Clay Holmes. I was like, you can't make this job away from him. Also, you know this, but he was like a throw in of two piece trade with the Pirates Diego Castillo and got him forgetting the last piece. We just saw yesterday. It was like two nothing burgers the Yankees got for Clay Holmes. So good in player development at the lower levels. Clay Holmes is the dude. Keep him in that role. There's no chance, of my mind, Chapman comes back into it. I think he can play a semi fireman. I know Chapman is the guy, so we shouldn't say there's no chance. But Holmes is the man.
Speaker 2: Just had a Ralph Wigam moment in my head when he said that, yeah, I put out fires. This is where the leprechn sits. He tells me to burn things. Another fun fact too, lots of fun facts. June and Jose Ramirez has forty extra base hits, sixty two RBI, nineteen strikeouts. That's it. Nineteen k's forty extra base hits, and yet he is still double digits in the MVP race. I think this is just it's sacrilege that he's not getting enough credit for how good of a season he's happened. That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all. There's a bias, man, there's definitely a bias. The Guardians just don't you know, they don't push the needle, especially when a Yankee, When a New York Yankee leads the league in homers. I don't really know what he would have to do. I mean, I think it would have taken a miracle. We would have said a preseason, it would take a miracle, an amazing, incredible season. We couldn't predict for someone to overpass Otani for MVP, and it's happening. It's June and Aaron Judge is on pace for four hundred and twenty homers.
Speaker 2: I just had a wacky thought. If you're the Phillies, do you call the Yankees about Chapman?
Speaker 3: I mean, why would the Yankee I mean, well, I mean there's a money perspective.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, every thirty million you could save is another thirty million.
Speaker 3: I agree, except for one thing. If there's one thing that is valuable, you know, getting closer to the postseason and for a winning team, it's just bullpen like over anything else. These guys will take bullpen help over offensive or starting pitcher help for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, fun this day in baseball nineteen seventy eight of everything's fun today.
Speaker 1: Like Welsh said, Ron.
Speaker 2: Guidry struck out eighteen batters in a four hit shutout. It was also the beginning of the standing up with two strikes. This is where it began, that thing that we all do where a guy two strikes on a batter and everybody starts clapping and standing up. This was the night it began. You can go look at it and maybe I.
Speaker 3: Just like stood up and everyone else is like, God, it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: You know, there was always that one guy.
Speaker 2: It was that one guy who was like, I'm the guy who started at I'm the guy who stood up during the Gidrey game. I started it and everybody else who stood up with me, but I'm the guy that started it. Don't forget, don't ever forget that I'm a guy that started it. Trivia question. Don't Ali Ruschman finally hit a home run? Who is the Orioles all time leader in home runs by a catcher? Who is the Orioles all time home run leader at catcher? I think the answer might surprise you.
Speaker 3: So I don't think I could name three catchers all time for the Orioles right now.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not true. There was one that's that just retired a couple of years ago. Waters, Matt Wheters is one.
Speaker 3: Sure, Maldonado didn't he play there?
Speaker 2: Matt Wieters is not the answer. But I mean, you know Oriole catchers. I mean, you know it's not Rick Dempsey. Everybody so out there.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna love this name.
Speaker 2: When I give you the name. I think the Peanuts are gonna love this one. Oh my goodness, Mike O'Neil got it. Mike O'Neil got it before we even get transition time. Chris Hoyles, well done, Mike. You won my ever living respect. That's what you mean.
Speaker 3: That's an Orioles fan right there.
Speaker 1: That is an Orioles fan. It's got to be an Orioles fan against that, right, Chris Hoyles. By the way, one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty one career home runs for the catcher. Never would have said that, never, never would have popped in my head. But Chris Hoyles, there you have it all right.
Speaker 1: Stat Zeros and heroes let's do the heroes. Bo Brisky six k's No. Earned seven, Otani we talked about him earlier. Zach Wheeler again. Look I told you last night, just get Zach Wheeler. Just do it.
Speaker 2: Just don't overthink this, and hopefully you listen. Joe Musgrove was the k prop to go over. He had nine yesterday. It was minus one forty five. I told you it is lock money. Just put it in a parlay with something easy.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Martine Perez bounced back again, another good outing seven cays one earned run for him, my trout with the two bombs along with Kyle Schwarber. And then Conna had a nice night with a home run. He's been a really nice addition. No more Mazzara swinging a hot bat lately. I know it's just against the Cubs, but still two for three with a homer. Maybe in deeper leagues you kind of ride this wave. Connor Joe four for five and one of Mike Mayer's favorites. Cassiano's two for three with two ribies. The Zeros Gossman seven runs, five of them earned. He had trouble with the baseballs last night. He did not like the baseballs. I don't know if you saw this, it wasn't happy with the baseball, So I don't know what's going on there. You think it was a humid ador human door. I don't know humidifier issue. I am the humid adorer, that is my I am the village. Yeah, a rare, bad start from Gosman.
Speaker 1: He's human.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's rare.
Speaker 1: Still, that was kind of a surprising to see.
Speaker 3: This would be, by the way, this would be one of those those moments. If I'm in a league, I'm immediately going to that owner and being like, can I get him again for a little bit cheaper? Because he just blew up. Because I think a lot of people don't just believe that he can be in that elite class. I would love to go acquire Kevin Gosman for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Wonkey Penguins. Never heard of Chris Hoyles.
Speaker 1: How can that be? Come on?
Speaker 2: I mean every bit of course, Chris Hoyles. I had the miss Oyles baseball cards.
Speaker 3: Man, Chris, I gotta be honest with you. Chris Hoyles didn't register. You're like, you're gonna love this, and you said it, and I'm like, his name is Chris Hoyle.
Speaker 1: I thought I saw the name.
Speaker 2: I went, oh my god, Chris Hoyles. I remember that guy, all right, So there you go. Sometimes just swinging Miss Tyler McGill four earned, Aaron Ashby we mentioned his bad night and Patrick Corman nine runs, only two of them were earned.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Just keep them in the light. It's only two earned run.
Speaker 2: Keep him in only two three to the third innings for him over five four k on nuts Brand and Marsh over for three K's boy Brand and Marsh is striking out at an alarming rate. Trevor's story over five three k's this is the point where I pause again and tell everybody I told you so. Also, I also want to tell that the smart ass who was on the YouTube comments a few weeks ago when I told everybody the trade tailor ward for Randy Rose Arena.
Speaker 1: Why would I do that? That's so stupid. There you go, silent.
Speaker 3: I love that you have the I love that you were. You and I are built. We we work differently, we're in that, but we are built in the same way of pettiness where if you do something and.
Speaker 2: You do between us here it's a bit for me it's real for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I've known you long. It is real for the Welsh boy.
Speaker 3: Is real, but time will turn it into a bit. But my point is you do something, it's going in here and it's going right that. Well, I guess that's right over there into that head. We will remember those things, will not forget you, and Joe will pull it. Joe. Joe's probably still got two or three from last season that he would love to pull out. He just pulled on a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I just like it. You know, here's the thing. I like a discussion.
Speaker 2: So if somebody says, like, you know, legitimately, if someone says that's the dumbest thing ever, blah blah blah, I'm gonna throw it at your face. If somebody says, I don't know, man, I feel like this guy's a breakout, and I'm like, okay, well that's fine, but.
Speaker 3: We would you I wouldn't register that. And if someone's like, oh, you know, that's interesting, but I think this just would be like okay, cool, go on. It's the people that are like, you know, blah, you know in the chat, you're an idiot, you know, those are the things. It's like, all right, and it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Again, the whole point is, the whole point is unsustainability, that's all. I'm not saying Ward's gonna be bad. Yeah, he's stillhitting over three hundred. Go look at the jew numbers the last twelve games before yesterday. Just saying the legitimate do you want to turn that guy into the rookie of the year from last year?
Speaker 1: The answers yes.
Speaker 3: The interesting at the end of the day, there's obvious things we know are not gonna happen. We know like this trade can ever happen to that. But it's a couple of weeks ago. Is not ridiculous to think that you could move a Rose Raina for a guy, or you could move Ward for a guy like a Rose Arena. Just with how Roseorina had really been hitting. It's it's not crazy. The commitment to Ward has been there. Now there's a changing of the guard and you got to wonder where the commitment could potentially.
Speaker 2: I think the commitment will stay there and he's still at the top of it's still their lineup. It's just a matter of investment, that's all. And whenever you can, you know, I work with Matt Striker every Sunday, and he loves to say, and we'll get it right. Buy on the dip and sell on the rip like that's what he's one of his favorite expressions. And that's how you that's how you have success, whether it be in fantasy, whether it be in gambling. This is the point here in the show where where we tell everybody Mike Mayor was right Brendan Rodgers over five with a K one homer since Mike Mayor told everybody on June second to trade him. So I just want to put that out there too, zero for five for for do go. Also, we look at the home run board and no change. Mike Mayor is still tied with nineteen people. I'm still at twenty. I was a little worried after the trout double dip that this was going to change it not so I'm a little surprised that it didn't. But alas, this is still okay. Let's go to a little betting pros and talk about the King of sports books. Bet ten dollars at bet MGM win two hundred just for making the wager, doesn't matter what the outcome is. Sign up today with the promo code leading off. Download the BETMGM app, Go to betmgm dot com, enter the promo code leading off one word leading off at bet mgm. The King of sports books and today Clayton Kershaw strikeouts on DK at four and a half. Let's go the over against Cleveland on that one. G Alito strikeouts at five and a half. This one's at close at sugar House at plus one twenty though, I think the juice is enough for me to get interested. Mookie. BET's even money on DK one and a half total bases, Josier Amirez plus one twenty five total paces, so I mean, lock that bad boy in.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I like that.
Speaker 3: Also market tonight, Yeah, a couple of things. It's interesting the books are starting to go two and a half on total bases now, we're starting to see that movement. Now that's where Judge is sitting at. So be care so you see one and a half on elite hitters, don't be even if it's a good good pictures, you can still play. It went two for one yesterday we got the George Kirby. Let's mention that, by the way, the George Kirby one, which you know might have been he hit it. There's two. I like the strikeout ones are rough on how they've priced him. Every guy that you want is like six and a half right now, going over under seems a little dicey. Here's the two I picked though. Mckensey gore strikeouts four and a half. He's hit that in three of his last four. I think that's one. He's a Colorado dicey. He only went two and one third in the last game. I think we can stretch that out. I'm gonna go with the four and a half on him. And oh, you know, I don't know if I wrote this correctly because I wrote Aaron. Aaron Judge was in my brain and I might have to come back to it. I had a great I had a great total base prop that I talked about. Oh no, you know it was Aaron Judge. I don't know who the hell I was looking at for total bases on this one, but no, it is the Aaron Judge one against Toronto. It's minus won thirty five on at MGM. I just looked at somebody and they were two and a half on the Oh, I think it was Manny Machado. Manny Machado was two and a half on it because he is a champion today. That's who I.
Speaker 2: Let many Michada ride yesterday, feeling good about it. And he had three hits yesterday, but none of them bombs.
Speaker 3: I was so mad. Well, he's also got like he's a big BVP guy, so apologies, that's who it was. I went to look at him because I want to take his total bases. He's two and a half right now and it pays nice over so, but that's it's actually only plus one oh five. One thing I would point out, you're getting into a space where when you see two and a half, you might even and if you've got a great BVP you might even want to just play the homer totals and get better plus money, there's one thirty five errand Judge total bases, which my little stat for you on that is his last I thought was really interesting. And then we'll move on in where Aaron Judge his last four hitless games, because he just came he's coming off of a hitless game which goes back into May. He has followed up each of those hitless games with at least two total bases or more in the next game, and he's been phenomenal.
Speaker 2: He's been phenomenal. He is going to get paid. I mean, the Yankees cannot let him walk. The Yankees are not gonna let him walk. But that boy is gonna get paid.
Speaker 1: He good boy.
Speaker 3: So it makes it is right.
Speaker 2: Ever since I got on the home run sheet, I've changed.
Speaker 3: I was laughing when you were doing the thing because I read that and I was like, you have changed a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm having fun. Where is a fun show?
Speaker 3: Everyone's having fun? Look at us.
Speaker 2: Look it makes it. See this is the whole point. See, this is this is how you build drama. Okay, I'm gonna tell you what you do is you create this character that everybody wants to be. And then when you knock me off the home run board, inevitably, because football will take over every remaining bit of my brain, which is very small to begin with, and very little is left, you.
Speaker 1: Will surpass me, just like last year.
Speaker 2: And that will make it all the sweeter because you have to have the heel. You know, Roman Reigns is there to make a new star. I'm gonna make a new star on that home run board when I get up to the top of it. And then we'll go from there a DFS tonight. Look, there's a lot of two outcome games, four outcome games here. I would keep an eye on DK especially. There's a lot of good value on DK tonight. Frankie Montas at eight point three against the Royals, trying to pitch his way out. I'm telling you that's an investment I'm willing to make. I'm staying away from Gore in Colorado tonight. Stay away from guys who are overpriced, like Pablo Lopez is overpriced against a good Mets offense on the road. Don't like that Waynwright without Yachty at eight point one is interesting. More is a tournament play Montgomery at seven to nine. But I'm going back to my boys school bl nine K at home. Let's go lock it in and fade Rodn on the road. That's it, keeping it simple tonight, I'm telling you right now, like that's the approach. That's the way I'm going. And in terms of home runs for the weekend, I'm gonna go my boy Paul Goldschmidt this weekend. So let's go with gold Schmidt and Fenway pack and see how that works out.
Speaker 1: Well? Should we going with for your home run call?
Speaker 3: Who I changed it on the fly because I almost did something that I completely forgot and it would have been so silly of me. It's a Buxton weekend. We go Boxton on the weekends. And here is why. Even more Diamondbacks against the Diamondbacks. Here he might hit five this weekend. So Byron Buxton all day, every day, give me I need. Byron Buxton could get me back on this board going up against the Diamondbacks. That's what I'm hoping for. So it's a Buxton weekend all through Sunday.
Speaker 2: Let's go that my friend things full circle on the show to coint a wrestling term or steal one is money in the bank right there, Buxton on the weekend in Arizona. Let's go very nice. So Buxton for you, Goldschmid for me. Mike Mayer is taking Manny Machado my sloppy seconds of machadda. We'll see how that works out for him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And of course I want to thank everybody for hanging out with us all week. We'll be back again on Monday to do it all again, recap the weekend that was so. I hope you enjoyed the little old school prospects of the ghosts of prospects past.
Speaker 1: Is that what we're gonna go it? I think that's what we're should know. That was a good time.
Speaker 2: I love this and and look, even my cousins in the chat, we all have a character in life, some good some Joe. That's family right there. Family always telling you the truth and keeping it real. So yeah, cousin Donnie was coming in hot with that one, but that's all right. He's in Arizona too, so it's always hot there. It's one hundred and twenty four degrees.
Speaker 1: All right. I'll do it for us, but the story of the game oes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time, kids, Il Jip