Speaker 1: Native lamdpod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Medium to make Andrew smile. We also have astronaut VICI lover sharing some profound words.
Speaker 2: As artimist the best part.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Andrew smile.
Speaker 3: You know I don't have anything prepared. I'm glad you brought that up, though. I think these observances are important, and as we are so far from Earth and looking back at you know, the beauty of creation. I think the for me, one of the really important personal perspectives that I have up here is I can really see Earth as one thing. And you know, when I read the Bible and I look at all of the amazing things that were done for us who were created, it's you. You have this amazing place, this spaceship. You guys are talking to us because we're in a spaceship really far from Earth, but you're on a spaceship called Earth that was created to give us a place to live in the universe and the cosmos. Maybe the distance we are from you makes you think what we're doing is special, But we're the same distance from you, and I'm trying to tell you, just trust me, you are special in all of this emptiness. This is a whole bunch of nothing. This thing we call the universe, you have this oasis, this beautiful place that we get to exist together. I think as we go into Easter Sunday, thinking about you know, all the cultures all around the world, whether you celebrated or not, whether you believe in God or not, this is an opportunity for us to remember where we are, who we are, and that we are the same thing, and that we got to get through this together.
Speaker 1: I just want to I want people to show. I want people to know the type of symmetry we have on this show, which is native land. Because you've had the poetry and the great poets we just talked about offset Gucci Man, and now this poetry that we just heard, I mean Victor Glover, I mean that that is I mean poetry to my ears.
Speaker 2: I was saying that Gucci Man is the next person set to go into space and travel around the moon. Think I heard that someone. Now, what we try not to do on this show is frick information. Like he's been to the before. Maybe he just saw some space bank cap. I don't know, but I do I do want to say though, like that was beautiful. Obviously what possibility looks like. Representation matters. But I'm looking at this black man, first woman to travel around the moon. We can do this, we can do Can we solve racism? Can we can we address systemic inequality? And like what's going on on earth? Very amazed at what is happening in space, but like that really is a reminder of what we do when we put our mind to something, what we're able to accomplish.
Speaker 1: But let me also tell you, let me tell you my theory about this, uh miss Aaron, is that it's not on black people. We got a lot of burden.
Speaker 2: It's not that's not on him or on uh on, on Christina Cox, the first woman who is who is also on this artemist mission, Like it is, what can the rest of us? What can the rest of y'all? I guess I should say be doing to address the challenges that we have here on earth.
Speaker 4: To steal me, you know, I think that's fair point, Aaron. And I think part of what he was there to do, aside from captain the ship, I think he I think he's he was the captain of the ship. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Or do we know you might have just made that up. But that's okay, No, I think he is.
Speaker 2: But anyway, listen, he is a black man, in which means he did a lot to get there, the.
Speaker 4: First black man to travel that far from the Earth. So I will say this, I think in part he oh Lord, ankle, bracelets back to Miami. He is a captain. He is the captain. Okay, I got it right. But the point I wanted to make is that I think sometimes.
Speaker 2: The navy.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, I think he's the captain. Whatever he is, he's either Captain such and such or he is the captain. But either way, it's a privileged and honor. But but what I think part, as we all know, all four of us know this, the burden around this healing often falls to us in the form of acceptability politics. This adjacency to success and adjacency to power, adjacency to rare experiences that are of honor, of positions of honor and dignity. And when you get there, you're oftentimes rolled out there as the person who then the white listenership or white viewership where the racism problem in this country resides, and not exclusively there, but predominantly there. They then get to see you and say, oh, they're all not the same. Oh, there is difference, and there is diversity, because where I live, the people who look like that all do such and such and such. I think it's dis I think it's deplorable that people can be that simple minded, can be that. As my daddy used to say, don't be simple, signed don't be simple, which is, by my standard, the worst insult you could get from your daddy, because that was just basically, don't be dumb. But so often we find ourselves having to carry that burden, even though we didn't create the problem and we're not the ones who are the cure to the problem, but we're oftentimes treated not only like the people who who who made the mess, and also the maids who have to come behind to clean the mess up. And I just I'm proud for that brother, because I hope he feels pride and what he's doing in this moment of relief he's given us here on earth where it feels like hell. But I also hope that he has relieved himself, given this status and what he's achieved from the burden of having to be the acceptable one for receptional one.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Resent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.