Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Now, this is in Kentucky. This is where I grew up too. I had a haunted house. I grew up in a haunted house. And it's always interesting, Diane, that there's always people in the house that have Nope, I've never noticed anything. I've never heard anything. I've never seen anything. And there's other people in the house. Oh yeah, lots of stuff. You know, you hear things, you see things. So I totally understand that. And do you have any conclusions of why that might be.
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing is I realized there are monsters in the closet and under the bed. Yes, to my core. It took the naivety of you know, ghosts don't exist, you know they don't and they can't scare anyone. And then you know, we had other ones. I had other haunted houses I worked in and lived in. And so after writing my book and I had to examine a lot of things about who were we and we went through a pretty dysfunctional life. My children had to and I did, and my husband had to. He really really couldn't help that. But after everything happened because of that then I feel like God did hear my prayers. And I had several angelic encounters and I thought, Okay, maybe there are bad things in the world, but there are also angels. And I thought, of there are angels and there's a God. And so it took years to come to grips with Okay, even the horrible things make us who we are, and it shows that we are important. We matter no matter you know what your state of life is. And so that's what I came to the conclusion. In my family, we are important, we matter, and no one is unreachable. And sometimes you don't want certain things to reach you, but the good things can outweighs the bad.
Speaker 2: And there were some of those angelic encounters well.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy eight we had when we left that house, we went to a little apartment and I just said, well, nothing never liked that happens, that doesn't exist, and I pushed all that on my mind and it was we were free. And then we moved one more time, rented a little house and everything seemi going real well, and my husband got another job that he liked and he was starting a night work and he I was waiting for him to come in. One morning, I kind of woke up and I was thinking, it's about time, and all of a sudden, the foot of the bed shook. It shook, and I started crying because it was back. It had followed us, and I couldn't believe it. Connie, I couldn't believe this couldn't exist in a normal world. But it did. And then one night we were lying in bed and my husband was home and something hit the wall really hard in the living room, and Chris, from his room the room he said, Molly, something hit the wall. And I got up and I looked in on them and they were all in their bed and asleep except for Chris. And I walked in the living room and my zipple lighter I smoke at that time, a heavy zipple lighter was on the floor, and I knew it had following something had thrown that with such a force it sort of just vibrated through the whole house. And I just told him it's okay, my lighter just fell. And I really don't think he believed that. He, you know, he was pretty scared looking, but I warned him to sing. Things like that don't exist. And so that started with the bed shaking, and I was under that. You know, I'm not scared. I walked in the dark to go get my landlord, and I've done things before, but under that threat of that invisible thing, I was just vulnerable and weak, and it knew it. And I hated it. I hated myself and I hated it because I was so vulnerable and scared and I just I thought, you can't live like this, This can't be happening. And about that time, we joined the little church and I was singing some and we were going out one night's church and my friend and my husband and my daughter stood around the kitchen table kind of talking. We were getting ready to leave, so I picked up my youngest daughter in my right arm. I picked up my person, my guitar, and my left hand, and I put some hills on and we were going out to the car because we were getting ready to go. And the porch had three high concrete steps and it had an asphalt driveway. And as soon as I took that first step, I realized I was unbalanced and I was gonna fall, and I had my little daughter in my arm, and I in those seconds, I thought, hell, am I going to get rid of the other things to help her, because we were going to fall on these steps. And right then a strong hand caught my right shoulder and pressed on it and it stayed there until I caught my balance and everything my balance. I couldn't believe it, and I went on down the steps, and I, you know, was kind of giggling and relief. And I turned around to see who had come out, and Keith or my husband, and nobody was there. And I said, out loud to my little daughter, just out loud, I said, how did they get back in the house so fast? I couldn't believe this whirl wind saved from this high porch, you know, And I put everything down to her and I came back in the house and they were still standing around the table, and I said, who came out just now? And they said nobody. And I said, no, who came out of the house right now? And they're kind of wondering and they said nobody. Why And I said, because I was falling and somebody caught me. And they said, really, you know, they just I diadn't know what say. They knew I was serious, and so we went on the church. But that's funny Connie. I didn't tell really. I think I told them my cousin because I knew she would believe me. But I didn't tell hnybody. I just I didn't talk about the bad things. And then this, because that was so beautiful, I kind of I didn't know what to think about that.
Speaker 2: Did you actually feel the hand?
Speaker 3: Yet? It stopped me from falling as I was standing there losing my balance, It just right on my shoulder, just a strong hand. And that's what I couldn't believe. How did you know my husband or my friend come out and catch me like that? So that's what I was amazed at at first. And then I couldn't believe. How did they get back in the house And they came out and saved me and they ran back in the house. I couldn't believe it, and no one came out. And yes, it saved me from falling with my little daughter. Maybe it would have given me a head injury, maybe it could have killed her. You know, we were it was a very dangerous situation. And yes, and I'll never forget that, and I'll never you know, I believe it was a guardian angel, although that's hard to believe. Sometimes you know, I think could it could have guardian angel actually touched me, you know, saved me, but there aren't many other explanations for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they're there for, right, guardian angels. Now, was it like a big hand? Was it warm or did you notice anything else?
Speaker 3: I thought I just thought it was my husband or our friend Keith. It was just seemed like a big hand. I thought it was one of them, that it had to be one of them, just you know, their actually caught me. But it wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's nice. That's a nice one.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And I have several others around at the same time. And may I think maybe because we needed prayers, we needed help because something was following us and we had enough problem in our life, sadnesses with the marriage. You know, it's still still hanging on, but not good. And I went to bed one night, we both went to sleep. The children were asleep, and he always fell asleep quickly, and I'm a night out and I closed my eyes and I thought, you know, I needed to go to sleep. And I opened my eyes and there was an angel floating probably three or four feet off the ground, and it was a blonde haired angel, a child and you know, I always hear how in each culture they usually see if they see an angel, it fits their culture, and that makes sense. You could say, well, you're just you saw a picture, but I think it makes more sense that you see things in your culture that's familiar to you. And so this little angel had the wings pulled back, it had blonde here had a like a glowing halo. I could see that on its hair, and its gam seemed to be electrified. And when I was growing up, I thought of Guardian angels as kind of a white robe, but just kind of plain. And this little angel had a blue band around its waist that kind of waved in the air in the back, and it had a pink sash over and I couldn't I could not believe it. I couldn't fathom it. And its legs were tucked under and its hands were together. And so I did what they say to do. I sat up and I pinched myself. I thought, that's I'm just gonna pinch myself. And it stayed. It stayed, and it was so to put it in words, I couldn't believe it. And I thought about just reaching over and trying to wake my husband up. But I thought, I don't wanted anything to make the school away ever, I could sit there forever there it's this little angel. And as it stayed there, you know, I took it all in. I took it all in, and then it was gone. And it didn't fade away, it didn't blink away. It was just gone. And I set up all night. I couldn't. I could barely comprehend it, and and it just seemed too too wonderful, too wonderful, And so that was kind of like, why are the the evil things coming? And then how are we so blessed to have these guardian angels? And I'm very naive tone it sounds so funny. I was thinking of what was it doing. It's eyes were closed and had its hands up. And then finally it hit me. I had been asking people for prayer, pray for us. Oh, it was praying, that's why. Oh, but it didn't occur to me, you know, And I thought it was praying. And you know, I'll never forget that. It was beautiful, it was sweet, but it was It's hard to comprehend that something so wonderful could happen to me, or to happen to anyone and that's also what I put in my book. If these things can't happen to me, it didn't happen to anyone, because I'm not even money special.
Speaker 2: You are, though, Look at all these things happening to you. You are, you are special.
Speaker 3: You are well. I thank you, but I think.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but no, you are you are? You are?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean here you are on coast telling your story. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It is It's very good.
Speaker 2: It is very cool. I know it's so cool. I think it's cool that I'm on here. I love it. I think it's great. Did you ever see the angel again?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't see an angel again. I had some well let me say, I didn't see that angel, but I did see what I believed to be another angel. And the angel that I saw later I said that was like nineteen eighty I read he showed up when some friends from a school gave me a ride home, and it turned out they were kind of into drug dealing. I just thought they were nice guys. They followed me home because I was having car trouble, and when we lived out in Prestwood at the time, when we got pat Anchorage very dark in the eighties, Mike. All my accessories went out and I had to partner my car, and they said, well, we'll give you a ride the rest of the way home. And it turned out though as they were talking they weren't very nice young men. And the one, the other, the man that was in my class, he really had to distance himself. The other guy was so bad, but he was bad too. Had ended up and we had stopped because of course the driver has a flat tire. So we're out in the middle of nowhere. Everything is shut down, and I'm getting scared of them. And out of nowhere comes a white Cadillac, a white convertible Cadillac with the long horns on the front on the hood beautiful and a tall, dark black man, very handsome. And I called that story tall, dark and angelic, because I believe he was an angel. He got out of the car. He had some white cowboy hat, he's got a white suit. He's god to look like white boots underneath him. And he just rolls over to me. He walks bessoms, strows over to me and he asked me how I'm doing. We're just all just kind of staring at him. It was so unreal and I said, oh, fine, thank you, and I was the shy and he said, well, I just thought maybe you needed some help. And kind of like I said in my book, kind of like as if he already had help, you know, just by coming. And the one man, it was such a horrible thing in the nineteen eighties. The young man had a jack Inese hand who was changing the car the car, and he said, oh, I think this white boy can handle this. And I was so humiliate angry to be associated with him. And I looked over to see if the man had heard, and I thought, yeah, he heard, but he was smiling at that boy. The man who said that, he was smiling at this just incomprehensible smile of love and everything, you know. I couldn't believe it. He wasn't taking act. And so then they were just kind of quiet. We I didn't know what to say, and then they didn't know what to say, and I said, it was just so we couldn't comprehend him. And then he said, well, you all have a good night, and he looked at me and he got back in his car and he drove off toward Labrange, which back then there was nothing that way, and you just went out further. He just disappeared in the night, you know, down the road. And so after that they changed the tire and then they didn't talk anymore. I think it just they couldn't comprehend what happened, and they dropped me off at home and just left. And I think about that. I think they were planning something. I think I was probably in big trouble that night.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more