Speaker 1: The Dodgers are not ruining baseball.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: The other twenty nine teams that could have easily put a package like this together and decided not to do it because they're so risk averse. Those are the ones that are ruining baseball. Hell everybody, and welcome to a brand new episode of Dodgers Territory. It is an emergency episode if you will on this Sunday, August second. We are your hosts. My name is Alana Rizzo. That is Katie Wu of the Athletic Clint Pesius of course you know him as real frg Oh my goodness, this is what I get for going to bed at nine thirty pm on a Saturday evening. I wake up to the news that Trek Schooble is headed to the Los Angeles Dodgers in a trade. Will get into the pieces of the trade momentarily. I have so much much to say about this. It is now official. The Dodgers have tweeted it as well, so you know it's real.
Speaker 2: Katie.
Speaker 1: This is the time of year when you, as a beat reporter for the Athletic, are in the trenches. What do you make of it?
Speaker 2: I mean, are is anyone surprised? Look, as I think the Dodgers did their textbook downplay early in July, you know, hey, here's what we're working on behind the scenes. And then as we got closer and closer to this deadline and more and more questions, specifically with Shoheotani's status and his health injury or health status came into play, it became more and more obvious that these two were just kind of meant to be trade partners. They were the Dodgers were the industry favorite slams school all along. And then when we talked to Andrew Friedman on Wednesday, he said a line I'm paraphrasing here were anytime there are so few game changing stars available, anytime one is available, we're going to be in those discussions. You didn't have to say Terror School by name to know that's exactly who he was talking about. The Only thing that's surprising to me, guys, and we'll get into it, i'm sure, is just how quickly the steal game together. There's still more than twenty four hours away until the deadline actually expires. Usually for a team like the Tigers, who allegedly had all the leverage in this deal, you'll wait till the last minute, but clearly they were like, nothing is going to be what this Dodgers team is offering us. Let's just move it now and now Turks Google will be a Dodger, be in the dugout for today's game against the Red Sox, pitching at some point in the Chicago series next week. Dodgers somehow just got better.
Speaker 3: Somehow.
Speaker 4: It's because they they start at the bottom, and they start at the top and the sides everywhere around the organization. The way this package came together is so funny. Zire Hope is part of the trade package for Michael Bush.
Speaker 3: Two off seasons ago.
Speaker 4: You're like, looking, listen, you know, Michael Bush probably has the hit tool, could play for any other team, but the Dodgers right now, they send him away, get a couple of dudes back who immediately bump up their farms system, the rankings. And then River Ryan somebody I have talked so much about River Ryan for the last three years to have only seen twenty and one third innings of him pitching in a Dodger uniform. So that's a little frustrating, but still you get him for Matt Baty A what late round I think it was like a fourteenth thirteenth round pick a number of years ago. Trade him to the Padres another it's a great deal for the Dodgers, it's honestly a good deal for the Tigers, and it's a fleece all at the same time, Andrew Fleisman strikes again. Like when they build the statue, I pray, I hope to God or any deity you pray to, I hope it's in that damn robe, because that is what Friedman Friedman Statue needs to be and what we all deserve to see.
Speaker 1: What pisses me off about that robe picture is that Uraschmarkazi or whatever the frick his name is, was not supposed to take that picture and now it's like the one freaking picture all over the internet. But that's for a different podcast. Let me ask you this. I have so much freaking things that I want to say, but I want to go through the deal, and Katie is the one to go through the deal. So the Dodgers send a package of three prospects. Number six prospect outfielders are your hope. Of course. Number nine prospect or right handed pitcher River Ryan. We just discussed that. Number twenty seven prospect, right handed pitcher, Brady Smith. But Katie, there were other deals perhaps in play. What more can you tell us about that?
Speaker 2: So I think when you're the Dodgers and you have such a deep farm system, it's built to absorb hits like this, so when we're still piecing together things finding things out. But the Dodgers had multiple packages as they were looking at and it's interesting to see, like internally how this plays out. So you're thinking just based on and this is just my speculation based on very very clue reporting that maybe Kendall George is in one of the packages, maybe Emmett Shean. But eventually the Dodgers internally decide this is the package we are willing to offer for Scoogle. It's Hope, it's River Ryan, it's Brady Smith. And we knew based on a couple of days ago from reporting here at the Athletic that's the hero of those four outfielders to Paula Kutzero Serota Hope, that was the guy that the Dodger were most confident in moving. And let's to say nothing of is a here Hope, but very look at those numbers, A very talented young prospect lots of pop, lots of slug. He's going to, you know, if the productions pan out, be an impact bat for these Tigers in a couple of years. But because of the deep outfield systems and we've talked about all month, he was expendable. And the Dodgers were like, Okay, look, we're really high onto Paula. We think we have a true major league caliber player in Sarona Cantaro's coming along. We have to come up something to value though. We think that can be hope, So for him to headline this package. The interesting part was River Ryan because as we know, the injury history has been a lot and when you're looking at River Ryan and what he was supposed to project be for the Dodgers of the season, I mean, this is someone that Andrew Frieman said on our show, the picture one of the pictures he was most excited to see this season, and the stuff the below, all these things that the Dodgers' internal talent evaluators were jeweling over that made him what they hoped would be a valuable second half option, whether it was as a spot starter or maybe that be and the stuff plays up even more and relief after that second hamstring injury, though it became clear that that window was no longer as realistic, so the calculus changed. And for River Ryan, if he's not going to be an impact piece for the twenty twenty six push to win three straight World Series, he also becomes expendable. The Dodgers are very good at generating starting pitching depth. He send them to the Tigers. He highlights that trade, But Tigers were always looking for young, controllable starting pitching with the highest ceiling. That's River Ryan. Yes, the injury concerns are going to be there, but for a two month rental, then you throw on Brady Smith. This is exactly the kind of package that makes the Dodgers able to do what they do. We're gonna care a lot of stuff. And I'm sure we'll get into this later on the show about how the Dodgers are ruining baseball. They buy everything agency. Yeah, they have no problem spending money. But they are able to do these trades because they are so good at looking at their farm system. And ya seta Alana, you said to Clint. They turned Michael Bush and Matt Beattie into school. That is your textbook. Dodgers cycle They're going to go out and try to clip Alex, callin Eric Lauer for the same prospects nobody's talking about, develop them, let them again to another superstar, and the cycle goes on. The Dodgers are not just good at this because they can spend money. They're good because they draft, develop, and scout better than any organization in the league. It's evidenced again by the strait.
Speaker 1: I would almost wonder and go out on a limb and say they do it better than any league ever. They do it better than any team in any league in any sport of in terms of being able to continue to build up your farm system and put a perennially competitive, championship caliber product on the field. What I love about what Katie was saying is the fact that Zayre Hope and I'm not trying to dismiss their value in terms of being I don't want missus Hope and missus Ryan and missus Brady calling me and saying that these kids aren't worth anything. My point is Zire Hope, River, Ryan Brady Smith were not going to be the pieces that the Los Angeles Dodgers needed in twenty twenty six to win their third straight World Series Championship. Able to move those guys to other organizations, which honestly they're going to have more opportunity to play with than they would have in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization because they have too many people blocking them with LA And you're able to get Terrek Scooble back for only nine point five million dollars. And again he's going to go to free agency, right we know that his agent is Scott Boris. Will he parlay that into an extension? Maybe, but maybe not. And I know that we're going to do this in the second segment of the whole situation of not my problem, but I have to get this off of my chest. If you are the Milwaukee Brewers or you are the Tampa Bay Rays, which were likely landing spots for Terrek Scooble in addition to the Los Angeles Dodgers, and I'm going to pull this up here Adam mccalvey, who covers the Brewers in Milwaukee for MLB dot Com, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for He's been covering baseball for twenty five years. I asked about a relative comp to the package the Dodgers gave up for three months of school and heard this and response, listen to these names, Logan Henderson, Luis Penya, Bishop Letson or Josh nth Would you have done it? First of all?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Second of all, absolutely, a frickin' lutely absolutely, if you're going to get I mean really for an opportunity to get trek scouble back to Backsie Young Award winner, a guy that is unbelievably one of the best pitchers in the game for three months for nine And by the way, this is not about money. This is not about buying terror schoobl It's nine and a half million. That is what Katie makes a year, nine and a half billion dollars. All you have to do is give up. All you have to do is give up those three prospects, not even a top five prospect. The Dodgers are not ruining baseball. People. The other twenty nine teams that could have easily put a package like this together and decided not to do it because they're so risk averse, those are the ones that are ruining baseball.
Speaker 3: You're upsetting the Dogs.
Speaker 4: I got thoughts. I know Katie's got thoughts. We're going to get more into the Dodgers ruining baseball in the second segment. But yeah, preach, absolutely preach there because any other so many other teams could have done this. The Tigers could have ponied up the dough to keep their homegrown superstar in the organization. The Boston Red Sox could have ponied up the dough to pay Mookie Betts a fair wage after paying him pennies for the first seven.
Speaker 3: Years of his contract.
Speaker 4: It was more than pennies, but still Freddy Freeman, the Braves could have given him one more goddamn year on that free agent deal for him to remain a franchise icon. It's not the Dodgers' fault that these poor, defenseless players were left without jobs or left without good paychecks or whatever. The Dodgers are in this position where yes, they have the money they could flex, but they all so have the talent.
Speaker 3: They can move and they it shit or get off the pot.
Speaker 4: And the Brewers didn't want to get off the pot, and they are that is a stacked farm system. By the way, They could have made this deal happen very easily and not really bad at an eyelash. But the thing is those guys are going to be cheap for years to come. And as we've seen, we saw them trade away Freddy Peralta, you saw them trade.
Speaker 3: Away Devin Williams.
Speaker 4: They don't want to pay their stars either, because these billionaires are fucking cheap and they just want to make as much money and while maintaining a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of you know what am I looking for here? The team being good. That's how I'm gonna say it tonight, this morning, whatever time has no meaning. Dodgers are good.
Speaker 4: Dodgers are good. They're built for this kind of stuff. And one last thing I will add, with somebody like a Zaire Hope fifty twenty five years ago, twenty years ago, sire Hope would have been the type of Dodge player to come up with the Dodgers. Think of Matt Kemp coming up with the Dodgers as a twenty one year old making an impact on the organization.
Speaker 3: It takes time.
Speaker 4: Dodgers don't have the benefit of time anymore to let these prospects figure themselves out at.
Speaker 3: The big league level.
Speaker 4: So this is what you do when you're able to win, You go out there and do it. And thank God Andrew in his robe is able to do it.
Speaker 1: Not for nothing. But there's another thing, And I'm drawing a lot on what other people are saying that have been in the trenches far more than I have. For example, our boy Jerry Herson Junior, who is a clown but I love him to death, but he knows a lot of stuff in terms of all of these types of things. When you look at the fact that he was win this team going through the bankruptcy era, right, And then the new ownership group came in and Mark Walter and Goggenheim and all of the things and said, we promise you guys that we're going to put a winning product on the field. Nobody wanted to talk about the Dodgers when we were in the Frank McCourt era and we were absolutely sucking wind at everything. It didn't seem to mod to bother them. Then, But then you get an ownership group that actually cares about winning, and all of a sudden, the Dodgers are the evil Empire. Let me tell you something, The Mets spend just as much as the frickin' Dodgers do, and they're going in a completely different direction. You don't think Steve Cohen First of all, Steve Cohen has more money than Mark Walter, more money than God. And the Mets are terrible. So you know what, let me tell you something. When the Dodgers were sucking so badly in the mccurt era, no one wanted to say anything. Then you have an ownership group that comes in and actually gives a shit about winning, and everybody hates the Dodgers, and all of a sudden, this is for a whole other topic. I can't I have so much to say about this and the lockout and this, that and the other thing, because everyone's like loving to like pour into the narrative that, oh my god, this is absolutely why we're going to have a lockout. Let me tell you something, kids, owners we're gonna lock out the players any way, regardless, if Eric Schooble went to play for the Savannah Bananas.
Speaker 5: I'd pay to see that, to be honest, they is this the best starting rotation ever assembled?
Speaker 1: Feels like when Healthy went Healthy?
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that like we're me at least I was begging for a storyline in August because they were going to go on cruise control. You know, they're not going for the wind record, they respectfully do not care about the regular season. And now guess what, we have a talking point because this rotation. I honestly think the way that this stacked up. If the Dodgers have Smell and Glass now back, maybe two weeks earlier, I wonder how much that changes the calculus. Because we said all along the Dodgers they don't need schoobl We don't think we don't have any acute needs. Okay, but you have some wants and desires. And when Andrew Pruveman wants something, he's gonna go get it, as we've seen time and time again. But let's look at the state of this rotation. Right now. It's Sunday. It's Sunday, Tuesday, Blake Snell will make what a scheduled to be his final rehab start with OKAC five innings, seventy five pitches, you know the drill. Tyler Glass now also starting a rehab assignment two innings with Class A Ontario in Lake Elsnore. So you're looking around, maybe the who next homestand I believe it's Royal's Brewers. When Blake Snell can come back, Tyler Glass now is gonna need three probably four rehab assignments, so later in August, you know you're getting your big guns back. You don't know what they're gonna look like healthwise, but you're feeling pretty confident about it. You're not feeling although the Dodgers say that they are confident about where Shoheo Twani stands. He hasn't pitched in the game since July third, has not thrown a bullpen since July twenty second. Andrew Friedman said that he expects Tani will throw a bullpen relatively soon, so very open ended, have no idea what that means. And they've said, okay, well a Tawny's gonna throw, we know he's gonna come back to the rotation and be available for October. That's a lot of ifs and a lot of question marks. And once he had all those kind of floating together, the fact it just made Schoogle so much more likely. It just started to make sense. And that's when you kind of saw the Dodgers were doing their their due diligence, their typical Dodgers downplay. But reading Schoogle here, think about this. In a playoff rotation, you need four max. So the Dodgers have one with three in any particular order, Yamamoto, Schoogle, Snell, Glass, Snell, Otani, one of those guys go to the bullpen, or this is the conversation down down the road. When we know have more clarity about Otani's health, the Dodgers could say, you know what, show hey, you have the most value to us as a hitter only, so we're gonna just keep you out of the playoff rotation, will use you when necessary. He doesn't count against them, and the arms you can carry on the roster. Because it's the whole two way thing. It really works out in such an ideal way for the Dodgers where even if they do need Otani to throw one, they can do that and so that and the lineup. So there's so many different ways they could look at this rotation. And that's not even including All Star Justin Robleski triple digit Roki Sasaki, who said three really really encouraging stars to start in the second half. Those guys along with them and she and go to the bullpen with Edwin Diaz and Tylor Scott. What are we doing here? It's the best pitching staff in baseball, maybe the best pitching one of the best pitching staff's ever assembled. The Dodger all about taking their best fourteen arms available. They got them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you look at it, according to MLB MLB Network Research Department, which I love those guys over there, they're incredibly, incredibly helpful. The rich, get richer guys. Google joins the starting rotation in Los Angeles that already leads Major League Baseball with a three three six er, just a fraction of a percentage point ahead of the Brewers at three point three six And to add to the fund, as Katie just said, the Dodgers expecting to get both Blake Snell elbow and Tyler Glasnow back from the IL over the next month. Much more to come on.
Speaker 2: Here, you guys.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys letting me scream and ramp, but this is exciting. Don't hate the player, hate the game, and don't hate the Dodgers, hate the league.
Speaker 4: We don't have WU on this graphic, but it is time for not my problem presented by Fox one. And we keep hearing that what the Dodgers, obviously we already talked about what the Dodgers are doing, it's not fair for baseball. They're going to ruin baseball? What does this do for baseball? With the expiration of the CBA come in in the lockout already looming. And by the way, you know Fox one is streaming now, Katie. I've bitched a little bit and had my thoughts. Alana has gotten on her soapbox greatly too much to the joy of the people in the chat.
Speaker 3: How how does like are the Dodgers running baseball?
Speaker 4: The Dodgers breaking baseball right now with another insane.
Speaker 2: Move and this is all allowed within the CBA. And part of the reason why I think this deal got done so quickly, because again it was surprising that this went down at nine pm on a Saturday night. Usually with these deadline deals for like counting seconds till that like you know, pencils down moment. But I think it's because the other teams were to be in this. The Brewer, the Rays weren't willing, like Alana said, to involve their top prospects. And the Dodgers have a farm system that can absorb moving three top thirty prospects. They're just fine. And this is again with all respects of the players that they moved. It speaks more to the depth of the Dodgers system. So if you're going to be upset about the Dodgers spending money, okay, I'm not gonna sit here and be naive and say, you know, a team with the market size like New York and the Dodgers can compete with the market size of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. But all teams are capable of spending money on players that they want. Risk averse was a phrase that a lot of use that I thought was spot on because it comes to the Brewers. They are so so good at player development, but they're not very good at taking risks. And maybe part of that is the market size, sure, But the Dodgers, because they are so good at all of the fundamental foundation things of building a baseball team, drafting, both internationally, professionally amateur scouting, you look at what they could do player development wise, they continue to be able to make these trades and make these packages. And I think the Tigers were looking at what the Brewers and the Rays were willing to offer and just knew their best way to lineup and they weren't going to get anything better was what the what the Dodgers were offering. Because you don't make a deal like this, Again, when you're the Tigers and you're supposed to have all of the leverage in a seller's market, already you have the best available not just name of the deadline, but pitcher in baseball to trade and you go forty eight thirty six is showers before the deadline. That to me just speaks to what the Dodgers are able to do with their system. You can't buy a system, but you can invest in the technology and the staffing that make sure that your system is as running, is on as much steam as possible. And just hearing about how, and again these things are all fluid because there are still trades to be done, but hearing how the Dodgers' trade room is going right now, all the exacts have flown to LA and they've really expanded the room to include a lot of different people with their opinions. So you're talking when you're looking at, you know, putting together packages, what is this scout saying, or what is this talent evalue you're saying, and who's voting on what? And that kind of whole organization input is what makes the Dodgers special. So opposing fans who are in the nitty gritty, every day kind of day rundown and stuff. I get why they'd be frustrated. I get why it's so easy to say the Dodgers buy all their talent, But the Dodgers also invest in their resources and their foundation more consistently and more effectively than any other team in baseball. That's not ruining baseball. That's just running a good organization. Andrew Freeman is the best at this. Four reason.
Speaker 4: Plus the the you know, the people that maybe aren't as in the weeds with all of this day and day out that.
Speaker 3: We are, they're going to see the media narrative.
Speaker 4: Media wants to not you, not the athletic, but media wants it to be, Oh, the Dodgers are evil. They spend all this money, they're ruining baseball because that gives them storylines, It gives them clicks, It gets the idiots on Facebook, it ruffles their feathers, and then that is more shares and you know, the almighty dollar. Speaking of the dollar, though, Alta, I want your thoughts on this because I think it speaks to what we were already talking about in the first segment.
Speaker 3: This was from Jared Diamond, who I believe is with the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 4: But his thought his tweet here, Wait, are people genuinely arguing that the Dodgers' money isn't the primary reason.
Speaker 3: They won the sweepstakes for Terrek scouble.
Speaker 4: I didn't see them exchange any money to get Trek's scouble Here.
Speaker 1: It's not about the money. It's nine and a half million dollars. The point is that, as far as I know, in order to make a trade, it takes two teams. Right, It's like any relationship, it's two to tango. And if you want to be mad at the Dodgers, how about being mad at the Tigers for accepting the deal? Like, why is it the Dodgers' responsibility to make everybody happy when the Tigers didn't have to accept the prospects that they got. Do I want Hope and Smith and whoever to go and have a great career?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: But do I care more about the Dodgers winning right now with the opportunity river Ryan? Obviously? Do I care that they have an opportunity to repeat? Yes, it's not just about the money. It's about the fact a Trek Scoogle not. I mean, he didn't have a choice in this. I wouldn't think, although with the caliber of player that he is, a two time back to back Sye Young Award winner. I'm sure he had a conversation with like, hey, man, I really don't want to go to whatever. I wouldn't mind going to LA. Do they have to listen to him. No, he's not in a position yet to where he's a free agent or he you know, he has a you know, a long enough time in the league where he can say those things. But I think they respect him enough to actually have a conversation towards, you know, with him about where he wants to go. And again, he's going to go to free agency. This is for a three month rental. You still don't have to give up massive, massive prospects. You still all of this after dealing away to top one hundred prospects the Dodgers. You guys still have seven players in the top one hundred and host Suay depaula number four overall. He's still in the Dodgers system. So there's a lot of things that go on in this type of situation. It's not just about the money. It's it's not and again be mad at the Brewers for not giving up the same type of prospect package. Be mad at the Rais for not doing I don't want to hear like, oh, they're small market teams. The Dodgers didn't give up that much buff Kiss. The Dodgers gave up buff Kiss to get Trek Scoogle as a rental to try to win their third World Series in a row. Be mad at the other twenty nine teams. Don't be mad at the Daughters.
Speaker 3: They gave up buck Kiss.
Speaker 4: In terms of the Dodgers bubble, these two players, you know we talked about Hope.
Speaker 3: He is somebody who has has a ceiling as a multi time MLB All Star. That's just his ceiling.
Speaker 4: He is also somebody that can help if they wanted to call him up. He can help the Tigers. Right now, you get an outfield of of was it Max Clark, Riley Green and a Zaire Hope. That's going to be a really fun, dynamic outfield. He's still young, still has a little bit of seasoning. You probably move them up to Triple A. But yeah, the Dodgers are in a position not because they're spending money on the roster. It's because they invest. As we've said, and I will echo it again, spend in the organization. You know, the idea that it's not fair all of these billionaires can pay for more scouts to find your river Ryans.
Speaker 3: Who is, Katie pointed out, was.
Speaker 4: Like a two way guy. You know, great stuff you had you and Fabian had in your calling today.
Speaker 3: He was a two way guy with the Padres.
Speaker 4: Didn't really know whether or not he was going to be something of an infielder or something of a pitcher. The Dodgers found him like, hey, this guy's.
Speaker 3: Got an arm. Let's let's just go all in on this.
Speaker 4: Zaire Hope being somebody that they trade away a good piece in Michael Bush to be able to bring him back, perfect, beautiful, wonderful. You got a piece that helps now, and the Tigers got a couple of pieces that are gonna help them now and down the road. It's it's a fair trade for both sides. But when you're playing with Dodgers' money again, it's not in It's not in the roster.
Speaker 3: It's not the players you see on the field.
Speaker 4: It's the fact that they invest in scouting, they invest in player development. They they feed their players at the try level. They take care of their players it's funny. You want these guys to be good down at single A and double A or whatever. You hear of the nightmares rookie ball. You hear the nightmares of these guys, you know, stacking on top of each other and cardboard boxes, sleeping in some rented out room for somebody else, and you know, maybe scraping together enough money from the their their meager minor league salary to eat Chipotle, you know, a couple of times a week or something like that.
Speaker 3: Now the Dodgers have a spread. They take care of their players.
Speaker 4: And that's why they continue to, I guess, create prospects out of thin air in some degrees because they invest in the organization something all of these billionaires can't do. They choose not to do it, guys, They just they plainly do choose not to do it.
Speaker 3: Frustrating.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys have walked in. Locked it on. Freddy Praulza heading to the Tampa Bay Rays that it is just what that looks like, and then we can compare notes. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, see that's the thing, right, I mean, Schoogle was the first domino to drop. And I know, Katie, you're like in the you're like literally in the trenches of all this stuff. So I appreciate if you need to jump off. Here's the thing too, about I know, Clint, you want to like wrap up the Fox one stuff and then I have something to say about this full impending walkout and salary cap and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we will say thank you to Fox one. Of course. One other thing to add to that.
Speaker 4: You know, with the Brewers factor, the Brewers were right there in the mix for this.
Speaker 3: They could have made this deal. They had a deal on the table. They chose not to do it. But the Dodgers and the Brewers will be.
Speaker 4: Playing on Fox two weeks from now. The NL Playoffs will be all over Fox as well. So get yourself all set up for the three peat with our friends at Fox one. MLB on Fox is streaming on Fox one. The Race October starts now, and we have your front row seat to the wildless walkoffs, lights out pitching, and clutch plays all season long. Follow every can't missmatchup as team's battle for a spot in the postseason. Then stream the twenty twenty six World Series live on Fox One at home or on the go live or on demand.
Speaker 3: Never miss a moment stream. Now, now let it eat.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the deal. Here's what I ever. No one's saying that, oh my goodness, this was the straw that broke the Canbel's back Errek's scoubl to Los Angeles will force the team to have a lockout because of the CBA. The owners were going to lock out the players, regardless of Erk's Scoubel stayed in Detroit or went to any of the other twenty nine teams. I promise you the owners are locking out the players. Will there be baseball in twenty twenty seven? I believe that there will be. If these guys could fricking figure it out prior to that, that would be great. But it's billionaires, you know, fighting with millionaires, and they can't seem to want to figure it out. The point is they're going to be locked out anyway. And now they're saying, well, this is the whole reason that we need a salary cap. Blah blah blah. The NFL has a salary cap. The NBA has a salary cap. Okay, both of those major sports have a salary cap. How's that worked out for the Cleveland Browns, the Detroit Lions, the Houston Texas, the Texans, the Jacksonville Jaguars. How's that worked out for the Clippers, the Hornet, the Grillies, the Grizzlies, the Timberwolves, the Pelicans. Just because you have a salary cap does not mean it's going to give you a better opportunity to win. Just because you have more money than Steve Cohen or our good Lord and Savior doesn't mean you're going to win a World Series championship. You all have an opportunity in this league, make no mistake about it, even the worst team in Major League Baseball, the Athletics. He's a billionaire, Okay, So you can want to compete or you cannot want to compete. Mark Walter and Googenheim want to compete. They're gonna lock us out anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these other teams that they these these billionaires again, they want to try to blame the Dodgers for this.
Speaker 3: It's about them being cheap. It's really what it's about, Katie, any thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Shortly we have Tek Scooble again, should be there right around first pitch, Blaze it first pitch today. I've never been more thankful for an afternoon game. Could you imagine if it was this is a day game, I'd be a mess. Andrew Freevan is supposed to talk to the media at some point this afternoon, so I'm gonna run so I could be there for it. But yeah, Dodgers fans, we can debate about whatever lockouts coming, pending, whatever. Probably just enjoy the next two months, roll into October, enjoy the ride because right now it looks pretty good, and then we'll have all of November and December to talk about what the state of baseball and how the Dodgers ruined it and whatever narrative people want to spend on social media. But I'm with you in the chat. I've been crying, laughing. This is my first Dodgers like true. Yeah, I was kind of on the b when they signed Kyle Tucker. This is my true like Dodgers caused the meltdown online that I've been able to witness personally, Just hilarious content through and through and some crazy dans. Relax people, but no, it's a great day in dodger Land. Every day is a great light, a great day in Dodger Land. So we'll see what Emmechi can do against the Red Sox. Maybe not get swept, that'd be nice and roll into Chicago. Still twenty eight hours to go before the deadline. I know the Dodgers have at least one more move they'd like to do, so we'll pay too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we appreciate you hanging out. We're gonna Alana and I are gonna stay here. We got people in the chat, we got super chats to get to. We have thoughts on what comes next with the Dodgers. We're gonna let Katie leave and then we'll be back after another quick word.
Speaker 3: Ala. The Dodgers are done. They are not done.
Speaker 4: Something else is cooking. Katie just mentioned that as well. Sounds like I'm teeing something up. There's no moves yet. I think they will respectfully wait until tomorrow. So there is a little bit of fun an excitement at the trade deadline. And by the way, we will be live in some way after the trade deadline tomorrow on Monday, So guys, make sure you're subscribe to the channel. Hit that notification bell. But there's a lot of bodies on the roster that makes sense to move. Alex call in that conversation. Eric lower one percent now tradeable? Yeah for sure, Yeah, you could say, Ryan Ward, you know, he needs a fresh start somewhere. Maybe Alex Freeland less so probably maybe potentially hess On Kim is somebody that could be moved in a deal just to give him an opportunity to play somewhere else.
Speaker 3: What do you think the next what is it? Thirty ish hours looks like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, you know, this was this was I'm not I can't say anything surprises me anymore about the Dodgers, just because they just continue to land these massive, massive targets, whether they are via trade or via free agency. So I don't really know. I still think there is a need for catcher. We need a catcher. We need a catcher that can, you know, have some big league experience in postseason experience. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if Lower gets moved next. I wouldn't doubt if Call got moved. You know. I just think that that's an opportunity for those guys to play other places and play more than they would have an opportunity to play with LA. I mean, I know they'd love to stay in LA. Who doesn't, But there's just so many, so many spots. I don't know if somebody in the chat say, you know, Dodgers everything forty thirteen, said zach Neto. We'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I saw the zach Netto thing. That never made any sense to me.
Speaker 4: Like zach Netto's is a fine baseball player, you know, solid shortstop. He's one of those guys that, through defense and and you know, pretty good peripheral numbers, can can compile a solid, you know, war number at the.
Speaker 3: End of a year, but does not sound appealing to me.
Speaker 4: You know, like what sounds good to me is Mookie figuring it out at the plate consistently, Like imagine that, And and you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: Scooble just takes.
Speaker 4: Away the bad taste of the Dodgers losing these two games so far.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. It's so funny. It's like, well, they lost two to Boston. Time to get Schoble. They were so pissed off about dropping two straight to the Red Slux.
Speaker 3: Boston ruin baseball. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, the red Slux. They ruined baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of that, speaking of ruining baseball as a apparently forget to move one factor here one second.
Speaker 3: Uh, how do I do buttons how do I do all this? How do I do my job?
Speaker 4: Here we go Nico Suave with the nine nine nine super chat very early in the show.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you saying, let's ruin baseball, baby, baby, let's wait. I was waiting for the spot.
Speaker 4: We appreciate the love from Nico Suave. But how about Paul Vaughn with the two dollars super chat asking what will Friedman's next move be, you know, putting on our crystal balld mine.
Speaker 1: I really don't know. I mean, what do you What do you think is the biggest need that they have left?
Speaker 4: I agree with the catcher. I think just having a even if it's a third string catcher, you know the there there's there's positive news. They keep talking about Will Smith stacking good days and if Will is somehow not available for the postseason, which he will be, Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 3: Is the number one catcher. So it's just about.
Speaker 4: Getting somebody better than eliezer Alfonso, or at least somebody with slightly more seasoning than eliezer Alfonso. And as we you know, Katie broke here during the sh show, the Mets started their fire sale with moving Freddy Peralta, which was always gonna happen, so maybe we get funny.
Speaker 1: If it wouldn't have been funny, if Freddy Peralta went back to the Brewers.
Speaker 4: That would have been an all time what's the word I'm looking for there?
Speaker 3: Like sorry? Fall back?
Speaker 4: That's a fallback plan, like you don't get scooble to go back to your ex afterwards. Let's see Skier loves baseball with four ninety nine in the chat, says d DS, which is Dodger derangement syndrome. We'll play on some politics there, that's fix the linement out of control this morning, Rais and Brewers owners prefer to win the salary cap argument, then a championship.
Speaker 1: Preach, preach, preach, preach.
Speaker 3: That's true, Yeah, alreaty is going to be real loud about a salary cap. H Dick monfor can't be.
Speaker 1: Loud about a sorry about a salary cap because Arty's in a big market, so I don't want to hear it. You spend and the gazillion dollars on position players. You don't spend shit on pictures. Your team is terrible, sell the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, already already doesn't give a fuck about winning baseball you know clearly four nine nine from our friend Richie Flores and you'll be surprised. And it comes with an invite to his house. Now that we have Schooble, my life is now complete. No need, oh, no need to fulfill the quest for Alana's DeVore man cave tote.
Speaker 1: Of Benny Hannas. Wow, all right, perfect love the Benny Hottas part of it, Nancy Brown, our girl, has been in the chat all over the place. There is a appreciation post for Katie Wu. Five dollars for Nancy Brown down payment, oh ten dollars also for the down payment donation for Schoobl's extension. Let's go our girl, Nancy Brown, who also gave us five bucks as a Katie Wu appreciation post. We appreciate you, Nancy Brown. Sixty three seventy five, My girl, My girl, My girl.
Speaker 4: Sal in the chat saying thank you, you know, salary cap or thank you for what you guys have been saying, what we've been saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe you you've been championing this.
Speaker 4: Uh you had some shit to say from the very early parts of the morning.
Speaker 1: I was, I was so fired up to do this show.
Speaker 4: Salary Cat doesn't fix doesn't anything, and the salary floor.
Speaker 3: Salary floor fixes a lot of what's wrong with baseball.
Speaker 4: And we talked about it at different points on all Dodgers over the last couple of days.
Speaker 3: It's like, if the.
Speaker 4: Teams spent just the money that they're getting from the Dodgers and revenue sharing alone, if they actually allocated that into player signings, maybe the Tigers could have extended Trekschoogle.
Speaker 3: Even though that's that was never going to happen.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other thing too, Like be mad at the Tigers for not extending him, like that's insanity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's yeah, what, that's a whole thing. That is a whole thing. And again that's as we already said earlier, that's in the same breath as the Mookie situation, as the Freddie situation, Edwin Diaz, you know, the the Mets could have given him two more years that somebody else could ponied up the dough for Kyle Tucker, whose market like they felt he Kyle Tucker fell to the Dodgers on that four year lot of money deal that most people don't like because yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Not hitting well.
Speaker 1: Right, noll I was about to say, I think most people would be like, thank.
Speaker 3: God, Yeah, But the thing is, yeah, dogs.
Speaker 4: Gabriel here in the chat with ten Bucks saying, appreciate the super chat. By the way, as much as I didn't want it to lose River Ryan, it became more clear that he wasn't brought he's going to be brought up anytime soon, and he's also injured, and that was the biggest factor for him, and he would end up becoming trade bait something more important. Yeah, I really thought it was going to be Shean over River Ryan, just because he is he has proven himself at the big league level, he has been around, and he's also at least had one of the better abilities, which is availability, something River Ryan hasn't had since was twenty twenty three. For all of the glade I have given River Ryan over the last three years, fucking twenty innings.
Speaker 1: And you know what, hopefully he gets healthy and hopefully he can have an impact on another team. I want that for him. I want it for Zayer Hope. I think Zayer Hope's going to have a strong career, and I hope that he does. You know, I hope that all of these guys that got traded have an opportunity to excel in other places. It's just not going to be with La to get them where they need to get to this season. Terrek school will gives you a much better chance of getting to a World Series championship again than those three young men do again. Hope they have success, love them, nothing against them, but I'll take Tarrek Schooble all day long over those three. You didn't have to give up a single person on the forty man active roster, not a single person on the twenty six man, not one, not a top five prospect.
Speaker 3: They will at some point to make other moves.
Speaker 4: And that gets back to I think I set it up and then didn't necessarily answer Paul Vaughan's question about like what the next move?
Speaker 3: What is the crystal ball? Yeah, it's going to be let me fix that alignment.
Speaker 4: There, Alice call I would be shocked as if he is lower in the digart lower, I.
Speaker 3: Would be shocked. If he's in the dugout. What the pieces are coming back? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like Katie said earlier, it's like these these people, some of these players, nobody knew who Zayre Hope was when they acquired him.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago. Nobody knew who James Tibbs was really a year ago when the Dodgers acquired him for dust In May. But it's gonna be something like that. That's what you're gonna see.
Speaker 4: You're gonna see probably they will try to for lower get some sort of pitching prospect that can help fill out the minor league level, because for the first time in a while, they're actually somewhat thin on the minor league prospect side, minor league pitching prospects side. So you're trying to get that. You're trying to get more catching depth if you can. You're trying to get some infield depth if you can. That's what I think we see over the next you know, twenty eight thirty hours or so. Another super chat by the way from Nico Suave fortnight nine. I'm okay losing River Ryan, who was literally about to be twenty eight. I honestly think I Hope. Oh, I think that Hope is an absolute dog. Yeah, I think I'm pretty sure. I would love to have seen what Zaire Hope would look like on a Dodgy inform and all that.
Speaker 1: But again, again, I would love him to have a great deal of success and this just reminds me of Rico Swave. But that just shows you how old I am.
Speaker 3: Cool you guys.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you guys being here. I have a one really quick update for you guys. It has nothing to do with the Dodgers, but because you guys are so gracious lol, they love crying about our TV deal FM preach because if you follow Dodger's territory, you guys know about Gidri's Gardian Foundation and write as we speak. Cor who was in San Diego, Texas, just arrived in Montana for his forever home. Massive Dodger family. The Torres family is a huge Dodger family. They live in Montana. Core has officially been adopted. Then Caroline will be making her way to southern California for more exposure and networking. So Scottie, Core and Willie all got adopted this week. So thank you guys. Thank you so much for spreading the word, or for donating or for whatever you can do to help us Outreks Schoole has a new home, and so do three puppers.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, try to get somebody else to adopt one of the dogs left over there.
Speaker 3: With Gidre's guardians as well.
Speaker 4: So if you guys have somebody you know, like, get a dog, Terry Scooble.
Speaker 1: Would love for you to have a dog, name him Trek.
Speaker 3: Any other thoughts before we get out of here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just grateful that I cover this team. I'm grateful I cover a team that I adore and I love that wants to win. That's all. And you and I and Katie will be back tomorrow at some point after the trade deadline. We'll see what other moves the Dodgers make. We'll see what other moves on teams that are that are chasing the Dodgers make, because the playoff picture is starting to round into shape a little bit more so for everybody here on Dodgers' territory. Thank you guys so much. Big crowds, Day eleven and thirty four. People watching this live right now, go ahead and like and subscribe. Oh, Nancy, I love you so much, Poor and Carrol. Nancy, find a way to send me your home address. I don't know if you've got a dm ME or figured it out. I want to send you something from Gidrey's. Yeah, I'm psyched. I'm psyched. For this team and or Freeman. No, no disrespect to Chase that Lee. He is the man. Let's go get another championship. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,