Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlywed?
Speaker 2: With Dean Angler, Heleny and Jared Haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new, thankful edition of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. It is Thanksgiving weekend for us. It's the day before Thanksgiving Wednesday, November twenty second, so we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet. By the time you're listening to this, we're going to be stuffed full of turkey and gravy. I guess we're not eating turkey this Thanksgiving or having salmon. But that's none, none, no, neither nor near.
Speaker 1: Who the hell is cooking salmon?
Speaker 3: Hey man, don't you knocked on knock it? Don't knock our salmon?
Speaker 1: Salmon for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love their So they lived in Alaska for a while because they're badass and they like fell in love. They probably already liked salmon, but they fell in love with this certain salmon's supply here, and so they always get.
Speaker 2: Fresh special Alaskan salmon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, special Alaskan salmon. They get fresh shipments of salmon because their friends own it and they just like hyper freeze it and then it just sits in their freezer for like a year, and they have so much salmon, and so they're like, we have a lot of salmon. We're going to make it for Thanksgiving this year.
Speaker 1: I respect it more now that it's Alaskan special salmon.
Speaker 3: So it's not like it's not just basic American regular salmon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you're going international, which is fun.
Speaker 3: Really international. We're going across the ocean to the great country of Alaska.
Speaker 1: It's traveling by water, not international, but plus enough, I think you just you know what, I think you should serve the salmon. But then tomorrow, Dean, I think you should get up bright and early, find a turkey. Kill it. Yeah, like find a live turkey and then just cook that. You guys are going to Kalin's grandparents, right, Yeah, but they done the street.
Speaker 3: They lived on street from us here in Las Vegas, and so it's just it's literally like a two minute walk down the street for us. But it's funny. We were just we were just in Colorado and we were driving around and giant turkey's just walking around. So I could kill a turkey in Colorado, but not here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Don't know if you'd be able to step You.
Speaker 3: Definitely would get in trouble for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I just mean like you personally, I don't know if you'd be able to kill it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I would.
Speaker 2: My stepdad has killed like two hundred He's been up in Pennsylvania processing turkeys, which means just killing them and preparing them for for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Those poor turkeys, man, they never signed up for this. They never they never wanted Thanksgiving to happen kilfish instead. It is.
Speaker 1: It is so sad, But I've realized I think I need to kill a turkey or a chicken because you eat so much of them, Because I eat so much of it. Yeah, and it makes me so sad, but that won't stop me from eating it. So I think I need to. Yeah, I need to buck up here at some point in my life and actually hunt, kill, and eat.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I think a bird wouldn't be like I mean, I would never, but I don't think a bird would be so bad a pig or cow.
Speaker 3: Why aren't we just talking to Ben and Jess about this? Because it's because Ben is kind of the same as us, Like he doesn't want to kill anything, but he feels like he like what Jerry just said, like he needs to. Yeah, and I feel the same way too, Like I eat meat, you know, turkey, chicken, beef, but I've never actually killed an animal, and it just feels a little hypocritical of me. Bacon is the most over hyped food in America. Everyone wants it on everything, Everyone gets it for breakfast every single time they go, and every time I try it, I'm like, eh, it's just not that good.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, as someone who doesn't eat red meat, I love bacon.
Speaker 1: Ironically, I think that the most overrated food might be turkey. Oh I love turkey, but I also love turkey because I love having it on the same fork with stuffing gravy turkey alone. Yeah, I don't know if it's that special.
Speaker 3: What about like Deli sliced turkey though, because I'll definitely throw some nice sliced turkey onto a sandwich.
Speaker 1: I think it's overrated because I would you rather have sliced turkey or sliced procto turkey? Oh? Bro, what have you ever had an Italian sub before?
Speaker 3: Turkey's a top three deli meat For me. It goes salami, pepperoni, turkey, and I'm I'm pretty I stand by that. I don't even know what pursudo is, to be honest. Sounds like cheese. It's is right, pig? Yeah, yeah, sliced pig. Yeah, what's ham? Ham?
Speaker 2: Is pig?
Speaker 3: Ham's pick?
Speaker 1: I think it's just a different part of the pig.
Speaker 2: So is pick considered red meat? Probably because I went to Spain and I said no red meat and they were like, this is pork. It's not red meat.
Speaker 3: I would say definitely, it's definitely red meat. Yeah, yeah, oh, it's the other white meat. According to Easton Jared, I just asked Kaylen this last night, do you know what the chicken of the sea is?
Speaker 1: Salmon?
Speaker 3: It's exactly what she said. That's so funny. It's tuna.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense, don't you guys?
Speaker 3: Remember that there was that Jessica Simpson Nick Lachey reality TV long time ago, and Nick, well, yeah, I was just asking out of context and see if you could know what it was, and he goes or no. Jessica's like, so, so are there like chickens in the seas? What this really is? And Nick's just like head in his hand, like I can't believe you say in this right now? Yeah? But yeah, I don't think. Well, I'm grateful that your grandparents are making salmon for Thanksgiving this year because I've been tracking food that I eat because every time I eat red meat or like greasy fried or salty food, my leg throbs an intense pain. I'm still on this leg saga, by the way, and so I'm tracking all the food that I eat before I feel the pain. And every time I've eat like I had a Reuben sandwich two nights ago, insane pain. An hour later. I had McDonald's hamburgers three days ago, insane pain two hours later.
Speaker 2: Run a great diet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, Now I'm tracking these things and now I know not to eat these things because they make me. They make me want to die, They make me ready to end it all because my leg is in so much pain. And so I'm grateful.
Speaker 1: How does what you affect the pain in your leg?
Speaker 3: Because I think red meat is high in sodium and sodium and causes inflammation, and inflammation I think is the cause of most of my pain because it's a circulation issue.
Speaker 2: We think he's getting an amrih on Monday.
Speaker 3: This this is my personal diagnosis of myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were in Colorado these past few days looking at houses, and we ran into this guy that Dean knows from high school. He used to give him sandwiches. Saved my life, saved his life, and he was like talking about his hip and how his hip. His doctor was like, you'll know when it's time for the hip replacement. Yeah, and described exactly what Dean's going through.
Speaker 3: He just got a hit replacement like six weeks ago, and he was like two years ago. I was talked to my doctor and I was ready for a hip replacement and the doctor was like, you when you know, you'll know, And He's like, what does that mean? And the doctor's like, just trust me. When you know, you'll know, and he's like one day I woke up and my leg was throbbing, an intense pain, and I knew. And I was like, wow, that's basically exactly what I like beeriands every day for four hours a day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you might be able to put it off. I think inevitably you're going to need a hip replacement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was actually talking about it with Jay Ashley's dad yesterday because he asked about you. He said, how's deems Lay? I said, he's still in pain, but the doctor said he might be being a little baby about it, and then I told him the Burpie story and he was like, I just feel like he's going to get arthritis in there and need a hip replacement, but probably not for another like twenty to thirty years.
Speaker 3: I'm dad, I'm ready for a hip replacement now, honestly, Like, maybe wait till after ski season so that way I can, you know, recover and get ready for summer and next ski season and stuff. But like, hip replacements have come a long way. You walk out of the surgery like he my, my, it's my friend's dad that we saw that got the hip replacement. He's a realtor in Colorado. He was saying. He went into the surgery or he went to the doctor's room or whatever, the surgery room at noon, and he was home by five, like walking around at five, like walking up to his house at five pm that same day. So, like, hip surgeries have come a long way. They're really impressive. They're only going to get better. It only lasts like fifteen to twenty years apparently, so I'd have to get one when I'm fifty. But it's just it's a good option. Yeah, But he was talking about like the science or like the logistics behind getting a hip replacement. It sounds so gross, Like they put you on it, snap your leg back out of the socket, they take your memoral neck, and they just take a saws all blade and cut it off and then they put a new one on with like a rod through it. It's intense. It's so intense.
Speaker 1: So can you imagine being the doctor to have to do that.
Speaker 3: I always imagine that, like you're just you're just mangling a human body just so you can like save him. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So shout out to Ashley's dad for I don't think he probably does that, but he definitely does make some crazy stuff legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he'll be the one to put you under or give you a little, you know, good stuff to make it feel okay.
Speaker 3: He's everyone's favorite doctor in the hospital. It sounds like, yeah, he's the guy that makes the pain go right. Well, so, Jared, So we're doing that with her grandparents tomorrow here in Las Vegas. What about you? What's your plan?
Speaker 1: So, as you can see if you're watching this on social I'm in doctor Iikenetti's office and we flew down here yesterday. Traveling is just it wasn't terrible, but I never want to travel the week of Thanksgiving again. It's just airportslade. Airports are always crazy. Dawson was being fussy. Anyway, we are here though, so we're gonna have dinner here, which is very nice, probably not leave the house, which I'm very excited about. I'd love Thanksgiving because it gives it's a nice day where it's weird that you dress up to not leave the house. I enjoy that. I think it's different. I love the food, I love football, I love the Macy's Day parade in the morning. Everything's so nostalgic for me. And I love the day after because even though in my mind it's Christmas season, I mean, Black Friday is just.
Speaker 3: What are we shopping for on Black Friday this season?
Speaker 1: Not even shopping, bro, I am just allowed to watch any Christmas movie I want. I'm allowed to listen to and Christmas song I want, and nobody can judge me because everyone judges me before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So for you, Black Friday is the day you can start celebrating Christmas.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and I can start planning what tree lighting I want to go to what mall probably plural what malls. I want to take Dawson to meet Sanna so he can cry and be terrified. But it would make for great pictures, which at the end of the day is really all we're doing with the twenty month old. Ah, it's yeah, So I'm excited for that. I love the food. I just love the whole hominess of it. So that's really fun. That's what I'm excited about. But it's pretty small. It's just going to be her parents, Me Ashley, her sister, and her sisters Beyonce, And of.
Speaker 3: Course is Lauren a mother yet or is she still just pregnant?
Speaker 1: No, I mean she's not pregnant at all. But maybe you're putting something in the universe right now.
Speaker 3: I could have sworn you were talking about her being pregnant a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, it would probably be her worst nightmare right now because with Dawson, you know, she spends a little time with Dawson. She's just like, I am exhausted, Like, yep, that's it, we want another one. So there we go. Who's the idiot?
Speaker 3: So, really, you're not going to buy anything on Black Friday.
Speaker 1: Huh No, I'll buy something, probably for Audrey's though.
Speaker 3: But you don't need like a new big screen TV or something.
Speaker 1: No, we should, though, shouldn't We Just let's just spend money, you know what. We're all gonna die.
Speaker 3: We're Americans. That's what we do.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. Let's spend some money. Yeah, you know what, I might buy a TV on Black Friday. So that's exciting. That's cool that you guys are spending Thanksgiving with Kaelan's grandparents. So is it just the four of you?
Speaker 2: I think so just the four of us. Yeah?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna buy for Black Friday?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I need to get some gifts. I mean we got my grandparents' gifts already, Dean did. He was on top of it. Need to get my mom something? Oh, I don't know what the heck I'm getting you, or if we're even doing gifts this year.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I know, I haven't really put much thought into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm just going to see what goes on sale and see what speaks to me. Yeah, okay, what about you? Well, the camera, the camera's the big thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We leave for Tanzania, right, after La. So we go to La next weekend and we just stay in La and then leave for Tanzania straight from there. So we have to have everything packed for Tanzania and La for that weekend. So that'll be a bit of a challenge for Kaitlin.
Speaker 2: Nope, I already haven't figured out. I'm going to check a bag in to LA and I'm going to drop it off at Toris. My LA bag is going to stay with Toy and my Tanzania bag is going to come to Tanzania.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Definitely don't bring your La back to Tanzania though. That would be really bad.
Speaker 4: That'd be really, really, really bad.
Speaker 3: Should we share the news about our house hunting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I'm so excited that my stomach hurts. Yeah, and I don't want to like say it because we don't have it yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll do it. I'll try to fill in as ambiguously as I can here so.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it. But we just don't have it.
Speaker 3: So we went and saw the house that we were under contract for. Kaylen walked in and she said, I get bad energy from this house.
Speaker 2: It made me sad and I loved it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was awesome. I was ready to sign the papers right then and there, and I was like, let me just what was.
Speaker 2: The energy not good? I just like walked in and I was just I felt depressed, like I don't know how to describe it.
Speaker 1: Every like someone had been murdered in that house.
Speaker 2: Like it just it was an old house, had a sad possible feeling to it. And I know we like redo it all and we do a lot of stuff to it, but it's such an expensive house. And Dean was like, well fix this, we'll fix that, and I'm like, I feel like we're at three hundred thousand dollars in renovations at this point.
Speaker 3: You have no idea. I mean, look loves today.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was probably cost anyways, it was just it kept adding up. Every single room needed so much, and I was like, why don't we just go up one hundred thousand dollars and have a perfectly new, brand new, beautiful, gorgeous house and not even one hundred thousand because.
Speaker 3: In order to line I do, then what is the I just and I took it personally because it's just like it's her not having faith in my handyman skills.
Speaker 2: No, it's the vibe of the house. I could I see.
Speaker 3: What you're saying. It was a little dark. There were it wasn't It was like a forty year old house, and so there weren't very many windows. The natural light wasn't very solid.
Speaker 2: No windows. It was a log cabin, which I thought would be really cool to live in, But once I was in it, I was like, I can't live in a log cabin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seems nerve wracking. I don't know if I could do it either. Yeah, practically practically speaking, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just even I just didn't like.
Speaker 3: It, and that's fine, It's perfectly fine. We're not going to buy a house that you don't like. So we ended up we said no to that house, and we were kind of putting all our chips into that pot. Granted, we still saw a couple of other houses that same day, but then we were working with our realtor who's like my brother's best friend that lives an Aspen, and we were like, hey, we might stay an extra day and we want to look at these seven houses. And it was like nine PM and he text us back like nine thirty. He's like, great, I got all the shiit going set up. We'll see you tomorrow at ten am. So we saw seven houses yesterday and the fifth house that we saw was Kaylan's favorite. Before the day had started, she knew that she was gonna like that one the most. So we're driving up and we pull into the we like pull it down the driveway that leads to the house, and she's like, you need to remember this moment right now because this is the first time we're ever driving to our new house. And I was like, Kaylen, just don't do that. You're just But then we got in there and I was like, Okay, yeah, this house is pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's the most beautiful. So the day before we saw what I thought was the most beautiful house ever.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the owners the sellers don't listen to this podcast because we got to play hardball with them.
Speaker 2: Well by that time, it should be accepted by the time this comes out. Sure, I don't know, we'll see. But the first house we saw the day before was so beautiful. It was so unique. They did such a good job with it. But it was like an hour to asspen. It took twenty minutes twenty to thirty minutes to get to a grocery store. It was just up a crazy windy road. Yeah, it practically speaking, like we wouldn't have liked it.
Speaker 3: It was a beautiful house though.
Speaker 2: It was amazing and a little over our budgets. And then we saw this house that we love. We put in an offer and it's absolutely perfect. Like, there's not a single thing. Deane wants to change one thing, which is the vanity. There's not a single thing that I want to change, which I'm like, for the same exact price as the log cabin, why would we not move here? And the views are gorgeous, there's like beautiful views in the mountains. Oh my gosh, it makes me so excited to talk about it. I just hope we get it.
Speaker 3: It's really nice, it's really really nice. We yeah, so we got our fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: We put in the offer last night at like eight pm, so hopefully we get it out.
Speaker 1: How long do you think it'll take before you have a good idea of whether you get it or not.
Speaker 2: We should know today, today or tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We came in. We came in below asking by like ten percent below asking.
Speaker 1: That's pretty high. I feel like that's a lot of below asking. Yeah, that's that's a lot like ten percentagives say you're buying a seven hundred thousand dollars house. I mean that means you went seventy thousand dollars below. Ass that's pretty Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's been on the market for one hundred and fifty days. Yeah, they already dropped it. We know they probably won't accept. We hope they do, but we like our contingencies. We like made it really negotiate. Its great for them. Yeah, so really in favor of them. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, good good vibes out into the universe.
Speaker 3: For you guy, guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Does it feel real that you could be moving to Colorado? I feel like it's much easier for Dean to say, but Kaylen, you know, does it feel real that you would be leaving Vegas and then moving to Colorado?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I love it there, Like I get so sad when we leave. And as soon as this is accepted, I was like, let's move as fast as we can. And well, we won't be able to like actually move until January first, but I want to make sure this is our house. We secure everything we need to because I'm just excited to be there. I'm over Vegas. It's been great for the time being.
Speaker 3: I just hope that you're not saying this in two years after loving No.
Speaker 2: I love Colorado so much. Colorad We knew that this was always temporary. We never planned on like living here forever, and Colorado is a place that we can live forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I are you keeping the Vegas house? Is that the goal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We want to rent it out to someone long term.
Speaker 3: We got it during COVID, Yeah, and so the mortgage ray is just so good. It's like it'd be crazy for us to sell it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And with Vegas, they can only build so much because Red Rock is here, and we're kind of in a desirable spot that they can't really keep building in. So it's like, I feel like we'll find a renter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was having a midlife crisis thinking about the house yesterday because it's so expensive. We're investing money and time into living there, and I want to live there more than anywhere else. But what I'm basically doing by living there is I'm saying, all right, you're not going to be traveling internationally quite as much anymore. You're not going to be flying la plag off of your friends anymore. You're not going to be doing a lot of the things that you do now that make you really happy. And I was just kind of going through it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you'll be living in Colorado, you'll.
Speaker 3: Be able to say, I absolutely love it, don't get me wrong, But it's just going to be a big shift.
Speaker 2: You're not going to be able to do the things that you've always said. You're like, I don't want people to think of me as a golfer. I do so much cooler things than that. You're getting rid of the things that you.
Speaker 3: Think are getting rid of the things that I think aren't cool about you. I think off is cool. Okay, thanks, thanks for putting words into my mouth.
Speaker 2: That's something you said.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you talk about things like sacrifices that you'd have to make in order to get the house that you want and live in the place that you want to live. Not being able to fly as much, travel as much. I mean that kind of leads into adulthood, which leads into parenthood. Yeah, so have you guys talked about oh, yeah, Klein. The first cabin that we went to, she was like, this place is too small. If our kids are being annoying, we can't get away from them.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know about you, but I really want to spend time with my children. And I do too. I just meant when they're older, sometimes we're gonna want a little bit of space from them.
Speaker 1: Sure, I got news for you when you when they're younger, you need. I love Dawson so much. Like an example is this morning he he just like, you know, he's just fussy as hell right now. And he's so great that he just has days like he goes out. The problem is he goes hours. There's just like mornings or afternoons or evenings where it's just like he's just screaming or he's starting to throw tantrums, like he'll throw himself on the floor now. And you're like, I'm not you know you, I'm trying to be a parent, and they're like, I'm not giving you what you want because he just wants like he won't eat his breakfast. He just wants cheese, and it's like, well that's not what happens. You have to eat breakfast. Too, and so like he'll he'll just throw himself in the chair and it's like you just gotta grind through it. So my point being is that they'll beat time where you need. You'll want time away from your kids as well. It's actually funny. Ashley told me a joke by a stand up comedian who is like, you know, you always hear people say you want kids, you want kids. You never hear anybody say you want toddlers, Like, oh I want a toddler. Yeah, And it's like, well, yeah, I guess that makes sense. All you want kids. So it's just you know, it's it's one. It's so it's crazy. How so it's so certainly not hit or miss. It's always hit with dustin right now. But like there are times when it's just like the best thing in the world when he's smiling and laughing and having a great time, and like dude, when he gets a book and then he just comes up and literally sits them, he like plops all of his weight on me. I was like, bro, we could do this all like this is wonderful. Just be like this all the time, like this is the best. And then obviously the next moment he'll be like throwing himself on the floor screaming because he like the waffle house. The song isn't playing, and it's like bro chill out.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like, look, if you want to eat cheese for breakfast, you can do that all you want. The second e turn eighteen and move out of the house, Like, eat as much cheese as you want for breakfast. For now you're eating your gosh darn vegetables. I know.
Speaker 1: The problem is like because he gets cheese, so he knows. He's just he's he's learning that like, oh if I cry, I get what I want. Yeah, you know, because it's like, okay, just take the goddamn cheese. But we were trying to get out of that habit parenthood.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that makes me feel better. Dean made me feel bad for saying maybe we'll want a little bit of space for our children, a little bit of an escape.
Speaker 3: Everyone has been a very active father, Okay, and that's fine. I will take I'll do ninety eight percent of the parenting if you want to do the.
Speaker 2: Two percent, No chids, I'm going to be heavy. And what's nice is my mom told us she was gonna come down and stay for us for a bit, which would be super helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it would be what do you mean for a bit?
Speaker 3: You know, like when you're I'm sure like your parents helped with the dawson when he was like a young young baby.
Speaker 2: Like right after we have the first one, she's she's like, I'll come down and help.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But my point being is that so you've already made like plans. It's not like, oh, I hope my parents come help, or I want to be in a place where families around. It's like, no, mom said she is coming when that first one is born.
Speaker 2: She can't. She can't come out here until two years because she wants to move to Denver, be three hours four hours from us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So oh, it's just why two years? Why can't, like, say you get prided in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's something with their job. She needs two more years to be able to move to Denver. Who knows. But if you got grandparents ever moved, Yeah, they their dream is to move to Colorado.
Speaker 3: It's their dream. Okay, yeah, so hopefully one day they can live that dream. But yeah, we will have family close by, which would be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, it's very very important, like if you want sanity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I think we've talked about this before. But both my brothers and you they all have you all have babies, and you guys have all had help from your in laws or from your own parents, and both my brothers have said it is the most magical thing of all time, like like it's something I don't even realize how nice it is to have that. But my older brother love them both to death. Ross is the newer dad. He was saying they have like a separate Airbnb unit that they sometimes rent out, and they just let his mother in law stay there for six months while their baby was born and being raised, and he was like, it is the It is the biggest luxury I think you could ever possibly ask for. So I definitely see the appeal of it, you know. And he I was even like, do you get annoyed of your mother in law like living with you? Because I would get annoyed by that, and he goes on it like, no, it is the best. It is the best possible. I'm just saying, like anyone, like anyone living with me would be an I would get annoyed.
Speaker 2: Of definitely, But yeah, two years. Two years sounds scared for me.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean, yeah, let's let's keep everything on a strict schedule.
Speaker 2: Though, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: Wants kids faster.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm ready right now like that. I'm ready right now. I've I've been ready for freaking years. Dude.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking crazy. How literally three years ago you were like, I don't want to bring the kid into this world. I'm not sure if I ever want to have kids, And now he's like, dude, I want a baby now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just think my baby will save the world. I think our baby Hunter and baby Dawson will take the reins in the year two thousand and fifty eight. They'll probably run for president and vice president. And you know, Dawson can be president. That's fine, Hunter can be vice. I know, no problems there. But they're going to save the world one way or another. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 2: With his Aspen High education.
Speaker 3: He'd probably go to Carbondale, Carbondale.
Speaker 2: Or Basalt or Glenwood, who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. But yeah, I mean, and I think, you know, you having Dawson, my brother's having their babies. I'm ready. Kaitlin doesn't have any nieces or nephews minus that the years, the ones that my brothers had.
Speaker 2: Also, when we were buying this house, we were looking at school. How close are you to where you went to school? High school? In elementary school?
Speaker 1: Like a half hour. Ashley would not allow Dawson.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good.
Speaker 1: It is not sufficient.
Speaker 3: Enough, are you. Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: It has a four at it. It's like a four Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: What I was going to get out there rating.
Speaker 3: Yes, on Zill so did ours. But it's like it's not that bad. I my high school was not a three out of ten, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like it wasn't it wasn't intelligent. We all went to four out of ten schools.
Speaker 3: Is at least a six out of ten?
Speaker 2: No, yours is not.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm saying, like I know, Zilla rating is about three out of ten, but I'm saying, in my personal experience, at least a six out of ten. Yeah, what are you guys going to do? I know you're still years out from planning that. But is he going to go to private school? No?
Speaker 1: I mean we the plan is public school. I would like for him to go to public school, but of course I want him to go to a school, good school district. So if we're still living in Rhode Island, we know the town that we want to live in, so like the time we live in now, South Kingston has a good school system, so I'd be fine with him going in there. I'm not sure if Ashley is, but there is a town, a city in Rhode Island that we were like, Okay, this is we love it so much, this is where we want to live. So our plan tentatively if we stay in Rhode Island would be to buy or build a home in this town before Dawson is probably you know, six or seven, Like, we wouldn't want him switching schools past really like first or second grade, because I feel like that's when you really start getting friends and establishing yourself. So that is kind of generally, But the thing is, you know, I mean, we've talked many times about moving and moving down here. I don't know, man, I don't know, man, I don't know what we're gonna do. It's kind of still up in the air. I don't think Ashley is open to the idea anymore of staying in Rhode Island, which means I have to open the idea of moving down here, which I I am open to, but I just don't know anything about this area, Like I have nothing that drives me here, you know, like Kaylyn, when you go to Colorado you love it so much, or like I would love to live here. I like it down here. It's not that I don't, but I don't really know anything besides her parents' area. You know, all I know is their house.
Speaker 3: It's like northwestern Virginia, right, like like Richmond.
Speaker 1: It's right outside DC. So we're literally fifteen anytime we fly here, we fly to DC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was there recently visiting my mom. Or we went to Maryland and then I saw my mom after and we were in northern Virginia. And it's actually built out a lot more than I realized. And it's a lot nicer than I remember growing up.
Speaker 1: It's nice, it's really nice. I just again, there's nothing, like I don't freaking know anything down here, like except for Ashley's family. Like I'm like, all right, that doesn't mean I'm not open to it, but it's just like I have no answers. Like I know so much of RhE Island. I love, you know, the demographic there, the geage there's so much history and family and there's so much there. It feels like home too, feels like home, and like I I know Rhode Island, you know, like I don't know anything around here, so even everything is discovery for me. So I'm just like, yeah, I just I don't know if I'd ever feel like I belong I don't know. But at the same time, like once Dawson gets older, if we have another kid and we kind of like grow our own family, I'll probably feel more belonging there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Growing up in Virginia, I hated Fredericksburg, but growing up near DC was pretty cool, like to be a kid and be able to like go and see all these things that like now people on the other side of the country never really got to see. Your experience is a cool thing. It's not that cool, but like I think it's cool.
Speaker 3: It's like cool once I feel like, well.
Speaker 2: Growing up there, I mean you go so many times. It's DC's bigger than you think.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to see, I guess.
Speaker 2: But maybe not big enough of a draw to move there. I'm not trying to like crap on your I'm trying to make him more entice to appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's like, I just feel like, what that's an anchorag. I just the reason I'm saying this is because I don't have any other exposure to it. So yeah, I don't know, but like, I feel like with that stuff, it's like once you go, once you've seen it, and you're done with it. You know.
Speaker 2: I disagree?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, and you should absolutely because I have no idea what the heck I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: There is a lot to see and it is cool, like anytime you get to go see the monuments in the Lincoln Memorial or the reflecting Pool or the reflect the reflectoring pool reflection.
Speaker 2: It's called the mall. The mall is like, uh, the long cool with the grass, right, yeah, that forest ran in Wait what what did you say, the.
Speaker 1: One that forest ran into when you're running after Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's called the mall. I'm pretty sure I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's called the mall. You're probably right based off of no information.
Speaker 2: Sure, google it.
Speaker 1: The East just confirmed.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew. I didn't make that up. But yeah, so schools when we were looking to buy a place, and looking at different towns near Aspen, I was like, I'm not taking our kids to one out of ten school. But you know, we talked to a lot of realtors and a lot of people who live down there and their kids, and it's you know, Dean grew up there and he knows what the schools are like and which ones are better than others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that means the centerm to private.
Speaker 2: No, Well, can't you just drive your kid to another school?
Speaker 3: I think you have to. I think you have to be living in the county in order to.
Speaker 1: Be able to live in the district. That's that's that's why it's so important to pick where you live, because if you live in a district, your kid has to go there. Because think about it, if you could just drive to any other school system, everybody would do it, right.
Speaker 2: But when I was growing up, I hated my high school and we talked about me going to a different one. You just have to like apply or something.
Speaker 3: Or that's not I think there's probably like remember when we lived in that house in LA and she was like, you're going to get some mailors from my kids school every once in a while because they use that address as their as their address, so the kid could go to school there instead of like wherever else they lived. I betially there's probably work arounds with that, like you could get like a peel box and Aspen and then you could be an Aspen resident technically or something like that. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with our house and our school.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think back. I kind of do remember kids living up down Valley that went to school up valley, like further than you would think, and there must be some workarounds. But yeah, I don't know, like cheated the system.
Speaker 1: They cheat the system.
Speaker 3: Maybe they did cheat the system. We're talking it because one of the really like the real estate assistant, the realer's assistant, grew up in Aspen. He was like seven years younger than me, so we didn't know each other, but he went to Aspen High School. And he was saying, how crazy it was going to school because went to Basalt High School. He went to Aspen High School. I'll let you take a guess which one is better. He was saying, like he would be out partying and he would go to this his friend's house in a twenty million dollar mansion and then his friend would be like, Hey, we're taking the private jet to Costa Rica next weekend. Do you want to come? And it's just like you're not going to get an experience like that anywhere else. Not saying that's good or bad, but.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I don't really love our kids going to Aspen High for that reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there are people that go to Aspen High and that still have a very like grounding experience and stuff. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, I know that you guys do probably well for yourself, but we wouldn't find that yet. And a twenty million dollar house, I feel like little Hunter might be bullied for being the poorest kid.
Speaker 3: And oh, we were at this house that we really want to buy. I was like, we were doing the tour and I saw like some podcasting equipment, like a gimbal and some camera stuff in the office. And I went to the realtor and I was like, what does the family do? And she was like, oh, the the husband is a brain or a heart surgeon and the wife is an architect. And he was just doing a lot of interviews during COVID, so he got like a full on legit podcasting setup and I was like, oh, nice, So it's gonna the house is going to go from being owned by a heart surgeon to social media influencers.
Speaker 2: And she did stared up straight in the face, didn't laugh to.
Speaker 3: Crack a smile. I was like, dang, I just talked us out of getting this house. Yeahh gosh. But yeah, no, he would definitely be the poorest kid and aspin. But I was the poorest kid in Basalt, So you know, there's some merit.
Speaker 2: To that humbling. It builds care.
Speaker 3: It put a lot of it. Put at least three hairs on my chest, so that's always a good thing. But yeah, that's obviously that's a long time down the road. So we'll see. There are some private schools up there that I have some friends that went to. I know nothing about them, and we would consider private school maybe, I guess.
Speaker 2: I think we have the money for that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much it costs.
Speaker 2: I would assume if it's an aspen a lot. Yeah, but I can't wait. Hopefully we were moving by January first, that's the goal.
Speaker 3: It's so we're really putting the cart in front of the horse with all this.
Speaker 2: But like, I know, but I know this doesn't come out till Sunday.
Speaker 3: We're twelve hours into our first offer. That's so good.
Speaker 1: We don't get the house, we'll just delete the entire podcast as you don't want to listen back and just cry.
Speaker 3: And I was like I was in the offer too. I was like, can they leave the furniture because I like some of it and it's just if we're I mean, it's going to be all by the fire. Yeah, they might.
Speaker 2: They wanted to work it into the price that they're listing. Agent said, and I'm like, I can't imagine how much more it would be. It's like all restoration, hardware, all really really nic stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want the patio furniture. It was really nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: That's the update for us.
Speaker 1: Very exciting. I mean, I can't believe you guys are gonna find out soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully today. They're on vacation, so I don't know. It might be a little toyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Thanksgiving week, true, it is the day before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You were talking about flight, like how difficult it was to get out, but we had no issues at color in Denver. I thought I'd be super packed.
Speaker 3: It was kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Yesterday. Yeah, I don't know, got lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, traveling, just whatever. But yeah, so Thanksgiving we're here, and then obviously Christmas rate around the corner. I started putting up Christmas decorations.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Ashley promised me that the outside is all of my decision, because pretty much what came down to was the mantle. I wanted my corny Mickey Mouse Charlie Brown, very colorful light mantle, and then she wanted a very very nice, aesthetically pleasing Christmas town mantle.
Speaker 3: Sounds all too familiar.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, listen, I love Christmas so much, just let me let me have this, and she looked me dead in the eye and she said no. So then she goes, listen, you can have the outside. You do whatever you want. Outside. I won't say anything, but you let me have the inside.
Speaker 3: You need like get that in writing.
Speaker 1: I think, well, Also, it was frustrating because I'm like, well, I want some say on the inside. But I guess, okay, that's fine. So like I talked about last week, where I'm going to go over the top, So the problem becomes, I didn't I put lights on the top of the roof. I put Sanna with the reindeer flying up in the front lawn before I left. I haven't put the twenty five or no, not twenty five, about fifteen foot blow up Grinch up yet because the problem is we're here for Thanksgiving. We get back either Saturday Sunday, and then we leave Wednesday for la and then we get back either Saturday Sunday next week. I can't remember. So by that time it's already going to be like December third, and I got to get these lights going. So my dad, who has tons of plastic Christmas decorations, the cheesiest things you'll ever see in your entire life, love it all. So he's going to help organize, because he has so much in his garage, get that all together so it could be delivered to my house to day. I'm back and really just start popping up this, you know, nineteen ninety three holiday special outside of our house, and it's going to be wonderful and fantastic, and I hope Ashley cries.
Speaker 3: Do you like to think that, like when you think of what you're going to do outside, do you draw inspiration from like Chevy Chase movies?
Speaker 1: That's all I think is my goal is to be Clark Griswold. Oh yeah, Christmas vacation. I draw a lot of inspiration from a Christmas story. I would love to have a leg lamp that shines illuminates through the front window. That will never happen unless I have it on the outside, because anything right, Which is a great idea now that I just think about it. So I gotta get a fake leg lamp so I can have it outside so it will survive the winter. And then she can't say about it home alone obviously, what other class?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: You know how the Grinch stole Christmas. I'm a big fan of the Jim Carrey version in two thousand. I also love the cartoon as well, but those are like the main stay ones. I think, I don't know why I love it so much. Who played, don't know why?
Speaker 3: And there's a movie called like Santa Claus or something, and then Tim Allen, Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of. That's a class of course.
Speaker 1: Where Santa Claus falls off the roof dies and then Tim Allan puts the suit on and he becomes Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: So funny, all of them, I think, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's Santa Claus, the Santa Claus two, the Santa Claus three, and then they just did a Disney Plus series. Last year was the first season called The Santa Claus clause Is, which has Tim back as.
Speaker 3: What's your take on these This is the first year I've ever seen it, and maybe it's been around, but maybe this is the first year I've just been seeing it. They're making movies like Thanksgiving and Christmas theme horror movies. Yeah, is that a thing that I think it's has that been going on for a while.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, they had Black Christmas, which came out in the seventies, and then they did a remake like fifteen years ago, and then they've always had like kind of either holiday action movies or holiday horror movies that are cheesy. The only issue I have is that a lot of they're taking it's not even just holiday anymore, but they're taking characters that we love as kids and turning them into horror figures like did you hear like it was called Winnie the Pooh, Blood and Honey you see that?
Speaker 3: I think I remember seeing something about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they're making a sequel which is ridiculous, and it's the story about it's just a horror take on on it. We're winning the Pooh and Glit and Tigre are psychos. And then they did a movie called Your Uh, You're a mean One. I don't know if you saw that, but it was a hard movie with the Grinch where the Grinch is just this murderer. So and then now they're doing it with Thanksgiving, which I'm fine whatever.
Speaker 3: And then just called Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might actually go see it tonight. Actually I do want to see it. But yeah, it's just like, don't take my childhood.
Speaker 3: Oh. Rick Kaffin's Lewis lit from Suits.
Speaker 2: I love Lewis.
Speaker 3: That's pretty funny. And Pat Dempsey, yeah, sex a span of lines in it. And Addison Ray I did not know she was acting. Yeah, she is acting interesting. I know.
Speaker 1: She probably dies in the movie, which is why people were excited.
Speaker 3: The pretty girl usually dies really fast, right, that's kind of a trip. If the three of us were trapped in in a haunted house, who would be the first to die?
Speaker 2: Do you think the three of us? Yeah, hey, hey, I'm faster than all of you.
Speaker 3: I think the crowd expects Kaitlyn to die first, and so she would probably be the only one to survive.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, you could be the final girl.
Speaker 3: Sure, I think I would die first. Yeah, I would be like it almost did that. You guys hide in the room. I got this and I go out and immediately get like my throat slit or something like that. Yeah, but I go down as a brave hero. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: So when Scream five came out in twenty twenty two, I think it was, yeah, twenty twenty two, I was talking to Paramount and they were renting out the Scream House for airbnbs, and there was an idea thrown around early on we could never get it going though, where we would invite Bachelor alone. It would be like us three Ashley, Nick, Ben Wells and we would have a murder mystery that would be recorded, and so one of us would be one of the bachelor Lungs would be the killer, and throughout the night we'd have to figure out who the killer was as as we were all dying as the night goes on, and this would all be recorded.
Speaker 3: And we got invited to something they're gonna talk about the game called the Town.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that, but we got invited to something. They filmed it. It was like a Dancing with the stars. Bro was the head of it all, and I think it was a murder mystery. I don't know. I don't think it's come out yet.
Speaker 3: Well, it would have been fun to to make it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, Well, Scream seven. You never know.
Speaker 3: Calen wants to say.
Speaker 2: Something, do I I was gonna say, that's going to do it for this week's episode.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening. Tune in next week or maybe we suck.
Speaker 3: What an abrupt rap. You gotta at least give like seven more thank yous. You got to tell us how much you love us.
Speaker 2: You guys. I'm very thankful for the both of you. I hope you have a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: Let's do that. Let's do a quick circle of what we're thankful for.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm thankful for we just got a call from a real letter. We have a counter after. So I'm pretty pretty thankful for our potential house, very excitedly. So that's why I was kind of trying to wrap us up quick. Anyways, That's what I'm thankful for, our potential house. Where we're going to raise our beautiful children. Yeah, it's my beautiful husband.
Speaker 3: Thank you for including me. Wow, it's nice to be included.
Speaker 2: And Joliver job Liver.
Speaker 3: Kaylen's mom was over last week and her grandma was over too, and Kaylen's mom answers the phone and she goes, yeah, I'm just here with Kaylen and and and grandma. And I was sitting I was sitting right behind her. I was like, Oh, I guess I just don't even exist. I'm not even here anyways. I'm thankful for.
Speaker 2: J Leah a good pivot. That's my mom.
Speaker 3: That's her mother's name.
Speaker 2: He forgets about ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay. I'm thankful. I'm thankful that we even have the luxury of choosing a place to live. You know, not a lot of people have the ability to do that, and so I'm just thankful that we have that option to be like, I want to live in Colorado, and then we moved to Colorado, so that's really nice. Yeah, and I don't think that needs to go understated.
Speaker 1: I'm grateful for Tom Brady, as I always am. I wish he was still playing, but I'm grateful he's still a part of my life. I'm grateful for the Dawson, for my family, for the same things that Dean was saying.
Speaker 2: Thank you all so much for listening. We're also very thankful for you for listening.
Speaker 3: Each week, no one mentioned the listeners. I'm so thankful for the listeners.
Speaker 2: You have kept this podcast around for how many years has a benen It's.
Speaker 3: Probably been like seven seven. I love you, I love you crazy. I'm thankful for you. Hey, you and the red Mazda, so thankful for you. You and the white Kia. Oh you're the best. You about to do that squad over there. So thankful for you for listening to this podcast. And you wearing the air pods. Yeah you, I'm talking to you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The treadmill right now, Yeah to do.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That was great. That's going to do it for this week's episode of.
Speaker 3: Help We Suck at Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 3: Be sure to see you next week.
Speaker 2: Or maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at.
Speaker 2: Being Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.