Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh damn, it's one more thing, one thing that was going to go. You found that troubling I did that was supposed to be having an orgasm and dying, So that will be I'll explain that in a moment.
Speaker 2: Dying doing what you love one of the.
Speaker 1: Things I love.
Speaker 3: I uh.
Speaker 1: I have said this before, and people have, uh I thought it was not cool. But I feel like I need a mild heart attack, just a mild heart attack, whenever, whenever I can't get my eating under control. I feel like I need a wake up call. I need a hey, hey, gay man, pay attention, get your act together. And I feel like a mild heart attack would be the perfect thing, not horrible, not like kill me, just like really scare me into eating better.
Speaker 4: Yes, Michael, you lost your gallbladder, that's.
Speaker 1: True, but that was not enough of a wake up call. It's like you you got the diabetes, and you know you start eating better, right.
Speaker 3: I feel like we could find something less terrible than a mild heart attack.
Speaker 1: Do you know what most gets most people? This is what gets most people. It's worked for me before in the past. You see an unflattering picture from an angle you don't usually get like you're in a photo like you didn't even know the pictures being taken. You're just in the background. You're like, whoa, that's what I look like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That or going you know, if you'd eat like crap for a while, and then you know the season's changed and you go to put on a pair of jeans and all of a sudden, those jeans that fit not too long ago don't button.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I outgrew these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a growing girl anymore so unless it's horizontally.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So maybe I'll have a mild heart attack and get by eating in.
Speaker 4: Or about constant shaming by your family or something.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: We could just call you a fat ass for you know a while.
Speaker 1: Fatty fatty two by four, whatever you got to say to get me in anyway. The reason I brought up the idea of a heart attack during sex is Matthew mcconnie McConaughey, the actor, and he had put this in his book quite a few years ago. We talked about it at the time that his dad died having sex with his mom. His mom and dad were having sex and dad had a heart attack and died. I didn't know this, You didn't, okay, So I'll just read from TMZ today. Matthew McConaughey's mother had a bizarre request after her husband died of a heart attack while having sex, and this had first been put in his book in twenty twenty. We talked about it a lot on the air. Speaking about his new book, The actor said, James Donald McConaughey, who was an alcoholic, his dad, wanted to die making love to his wife. He always said that, I remember. That was an interesting part of the story is that he regularly said to people, I want to die having sex when I go, and he ended up dying having sex.
Speaker 2: WHOA okay.
Speaker 1: Matthew McConaughey writes about when I got that call. It was a Monday afternoon. I was in Austin, they were in Houston. Mom said, your dad has moved on, but she didn't tell me in the initial call. How when I got back to Austin where they were, he learned that they had made love that morning at about six thirty am. Morning sex, you know, some people like it, some people don't.
Speaker 2: It's how to start the day.
Speaker 1: I've known people who don't like it. Don't think it's a good way to start the day. I think you're wrong. But as soon as they finished having sex, so at least they got to finish. You'd hate to die before you did. Uh. He had a heart attack and died. Given that his dad, James was naked when the paramedics arrived, of course, unless you're gonna unless you're gonna try to dress a corpse before the paramedics get there, I might do that. I might try to pull some sweats. Like if I'm with my wife, she dies of a heart attack while we're having sex, and I might try to put some sweats on her before the paramedics get there.
Speaker 3: No, I mean do Okay, See, my brain's going into like crime scene type stuff because there's like an investigation.
Speaker 1: You think they're gonna think I killed her? You never know? Why did you dress her?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why I thought you were having sex? Why is she dressed?
Speaker 1: All right? Given that James was naked when paramedics arrived, Matthew remembered them trying to cover him up as they hauled him out to the gurney, but mom was having none of it. She didn't want him covered up. My mom's in the dryway, McConaughey writes, and she pulled the sheet off of him. That's big Jim. He's gonna go out how he went. Don't be trying to cover up how he went out. He's in his birthday suit and he's right there. Don't be covering that man up.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused by all of this.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they're both crazy. As if. In case you don't remember this nugget from the book, they had had quite the tumultuous relationship. They beat the living crap out of each other. According to Matthew McConaughey, mutual combat. They both beat each other up.
Speaker 2: Mutual combat.
Speaker 1: Well, that's an actual thing. The cops call it, you know. If they did decide, you know, it's mutual combat. You're both beaten on each other. I'm not gonna hauld one of you off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They also married each other three times and divorced twice. Wow, yeah, twice. They got divorced three times. They got married and were together there on that fateful morning at six thirty in the morning, still obviously into each other in their old age, enough that they had sex, though his heart could not stand up to it.
Speaker 2: Third time's the charm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that third marriage. I'm not buying a wedding gift for you, right Listen.
Speaker 2: I've already got you two gifts, both of you.
Speaker 1: Enough it would be I'm not even sure I'm going to attend. Look, I have traveled all the way to Austin a couple of times. Yeah, just uh, I'll tell you what the fifth time, I'll come back. That is some nutty behavior.
Speaker 3: This is so bizarre that he wanted to die having sex with her and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: And then he did, and then he did And.
Speaker 3: Is she upset or is she like, yeah, I'm good or you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You mean I'm so good I stopped his heart.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean I must really be something.
Speaker 2: I'm something.
Speaker 1: I am really something.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This is fascinating.
Speaker 1: It kind of shows you why Matthew McConaughey is the way he is. He's a pretty kookie dude, and obviously his mom and dad were very kookie. That whole getting divorced a couple of times then getting married three times to the same person.
Speaker 3: I know a couple that has been married twice and divorced twice, and after the second one they were like all right, we tried this is not happening.
Speaker 1: So they tried it again. Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there there was like drugs and stuff involved.
Speaker 3: So they got clean and then got remarried and they're like, wow, I don't like you sober either.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, but that I mean three times.
Speaker 1: You would think at some point when somebody would say how about you know you're in a fight, and one of them says, that's it, I want a divorce. Okay, we've been down this road before. Maybe how about we calm down. Yeah, let's discuss it in a week and see if we still feel the same. Let's revisit this, let's table this, we'll circle back, circle all the corporate lines. Yes, because it seems like we've made some hasty decisions in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, And she pulls the sheet off him. So he's hauled out to the UH paramedics van completely naked as an old man, because that's the way he came in and that's the way he wanted to go out. All right, that's a good story.
Speaker 3: I have a question that might be inappropriate. I probably shouldn't even ask it, but I know what you're asking. Was he was he in performance modell.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movie Clerks that would lead me to believe that, Yes, it stays that way you have.
Speaker 2: And then you're just stuck like that.
Speaker 1: You're stuck like that, Yeah, exactly, which is not a bad way to go out, I guess interesting.
Speaker 2: Open casket makes hey look at him.
Speaker 1: Makes it difficult for the poor person who's got to dress you at the funeral home, uncomfortable for them. What a job my dad did that, dressed people at the funeral home.
Speaker 2: My dad was an embalmer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wait a second, I just talked to your dad the other day. How was this not nugget not known? Your dad embalmed dead people. Yeah, hebalmed dead people. Yeah, No, he did it to live people as well.
Speaker 2: No, he was a paramedic.
Speaker 3: And then he ended up working at the funeral home and he was the embalmer. And he used to have to spend the night there like, because they would work different shifts because the bodies would come in at all times during the day. And he said, one time he was dressing this guy and the.
Speaker 2: Guy you would dress them yeow yeah, And.
Speaker 3: When this guy died with his legs crossed, and then my dad uncrossed his legs and turned around to get the guy's socks.
Speaker 2: Of the guy's legs shot back, and my dad said he almost pissed himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would freak me out. I don't believe in ghosts or any of that sort of stuff. But the body starts moving on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's got some great embalming story.
Speaker 1: How did I just find this out? We had him on the air last week, probably wouldn't even have talked about the trial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can have him back to talk about dressing dead people.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, if you're listening to this, you didn't know. Katie's dad was a judge for many, many years, and we have him on to talk about lost stuff. But now we gotta talk to him about dressing dead people. Yeah. What's harder to get on a dress or pants? You know that's something. The socks. What's the most difficult part, the socks, touching that cold dead foot. I'm trying to peel those socks. Have you ever put socks on a little kid? You know how hard it is to put socks on someone else. But if they're dead, the feel of that dead skin, Oh my god, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Literal Morgs feet.
Speaker 1: Oh god, dang it, that's rough. Okay, Well, we will talk to uh Katie's dad in the future about dressing dead people.
Speaker 4: You know, I have these old clothes at home that I didn't know what to do with. Now I know where I can put him. Yeah, send to the Morgs.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that's it.