Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode contains spoilers for Fallout episode three, season two.
Speaker 2: Be warned, be warned.
Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Jason Concepcion and I'm Rosey Night and welcome back to Extra vision of the podcast where we dive deep into your faverit Joe's Movies, comics of pop culture, Company from My Heart podcast Where Were You? Three episodes a week, plus news.
Speaker 2: Plus news, and today we're going.
Speaker 3: Back into the wastelands to see some friends, some enemies, some foes, some action in another great episode of Fallout two ou three, which we will recap beginning now.
Speaker 1: Fallout episode three, season two opens with us reuniting with our old friend Thaddius, former Brotherhood of Steel Paladin, now a ghoul, and he is a manager of what appears to be a new Cola bottling company staffed by kids that are both human kids and ghoul young Gules. Thaddeus makes a speech to his staff about listen, we're all lucky to have jobs. Okay, we're all lucky to be working in a factory that's inside of an apparently defended perimeter. We don't have to deal with raiders in the wasteland and so don't be mean to each other, and some of us that are Ghuls don't feel bad that your Guals, and some of us that are humans don't make fun of the Ghuls because we're all working here together. We're all lucky to be here. Meanwhile, Lucy is taken by her captors along with the woman who she saved from the hospital, into a camp and it's the Legion, folks, this is Kaisar's legion. And from the game, if those two of us who've played New Vegas or aware of the Legion say kind of meat headed group of meat headed faction that is always at war with various other factions, and that is absolutely the case here, and you know they are Roman Empire wannabes. They immediately kill the woman. They bring Lucy before their leader, the Kaisar, who's of course name, they pronounce it correctly. She tries to correct them like, I think it's seas her, like if you guys want to be Roman, and she just like correcting them on that. As the screams of the tortured and the crucified ring out through the camp.
Speaker 3: It's crazy and honestly, the Lucy is not happy about it, because the Legion is essentially like negotiating her historically accurate sexual assault. And she's like, guess what, bitch, you can't assault me or sacrifice me, because that was not even Romans who were doing that. It was people in the medieval times. They just wanted to sound fancy. And also, I'm the otherge and I've messed around with my cousin a ton of times, so what are you gonna do about that?
Speaker 2: And even they're like hmm hmm.
Speaker 3: So they tie her hands and they're gonna put her on the cross, and Macaulay Culkin, who plays Kaisar, tells Lucy, look things he's not.
Speaker 2: He's like the right, He's like the you're right. He's like the.
Speaker 1: Manager to the Kaisar. I don't know that we picked up his name here.
Speaker 2: It was just mc.
Speaker 1: I've just been calling hi, McCaulay culkin.
Speaker 3: Good on Macaulay Culkin, who we love. And he's like, hey, look, things are very serious here. Okay, we have got our we've got our problems with the Legion. And then there's the fucking New California Republic and the Brotherhood of Steel and basically they're just fucking with us and it's all going.
Speaker 2: Really bad, and there's a like interious.
Speaker 3: Schism between the Fosters because the people who chose the original Caesar as the leader, they chose a successor, but we disagree, and the name of that person is actually on the corpse of the og leader, who is a skeleton that you can see over here, but we can't get to it because there's the sibyls awful and Lucy's light.
Speaker 2: Look, I can help you.
Speaker 3: I'm nice, I'm good at mediating, and instead they're like, no, I just crucify it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just just throw her up there back of the hospital. The ghoul is like dealing with the rad scorpion poison and going really badly, but also kind of the facts that he's still alive and is able to deal with it kind of proves Lucy's point, like he didn't need the stiff pack that bad. He crawls somewhere safe where he can cut out the ghoul the rad scorpion poison sacks from his leg, which he does all the while speaking sweetly to dog Meat, And then we see the past. It is Coop. He's in his Hollywood home. He sees his wife Barb packing their daughter Janey's stuff for the potential stay in the vault should there ever be a nuclear war. And of course Coop knows that there will be a nuclear war, and it's part of Barb's plan and part of the Corporation's plan started themselves, but he plays dummy, plays the doting husband. He says, well, honey, will honey, hopefully we won't need to do that.
Speaker 2: We'll never hopefully go into the vote, honey.
Speaker 1: Oh honey, hopefully it won't come to that. M out right, and his wife is like crying. He's like, yes, of course, hopefully it won't come to that, and he then makes an excuse and says, I gotta go. I gotta go over to the Veterans Hall see Charlie.
Speaker 3: And then we get there and we see Charlie played by Dallas Goldtooth, a Moldeva agent, and he's like, hey man, what's going on. He's like, what's going on? Is Robert house building something? Is there some kind of weapons system? Like what's occurring? And Coop's like that, yeah, that's basically it.
Speaker 2: So did you know that Moldava wants me to kill him? Do you think I should do that? Old war pal? And he's like don't do it.
Speaker 1: Brow, don't do it.
Speaker 3: And then he's like Charlie's like, actually, maybe you should do it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should kill the right guy.
Speaker 3: For once, I thought this was some really interesting, nice stuff here with the Veterans Hall, because they really deal with kind of the realities of war and realizing that you came back for a war and fought for a country that maybe doesn't care about you, for a war you don't believe in, and it's really interesting. And we get this hilarious moment where we see Diane Well, she's a congresswoman from Glendale, and she's like, it's me here, the only politician who doesn't take corporate money.
Speaker 2: And they're in like the shittiest vet center with.
Speaker 3: No money, there's no lights, and I was like, man, this is like painfully tut it.
Speaker 1: What I loved about this whole bit with Diane Welch, the congresswoman talking about how she doesn't take corporate money, is that, yes, she is this you know, upstanding, apparently politician who understands the dangers of corporate money and politics. But she's also like a terrible she's so boring, so boring, she's not engaging. It's like if you want to believe in her message, you're just gonna have to fight through the fact that she's bumbling and boring and I can't get her notes together.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and also as well, I love that it's also like very real to the kind of people who like stick to their guns in politics, is like very unglamorous, Like, well, I just think it's bad that corporations are in charge of everything and the vets thing gets really boring and there's no like Captain America Jocketing Firewak.
Speaker 2: She needs a little bit more of a show.
Speaker 1: She can't like figure. She's like she her notes from misplaced. She's like, doesn't know who she's giving the award to. This is whole thing. So Cooper's like, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm out, babe, I'm gonna goes in there.
Speaker 1: And who should he find in there? About Bob House? Bob House is in there, and Bob House hell taking a piss? Are we you here to receive an award my friend? And House is like, oh, you here to see your friend Charlie. I heard Charlie is a pinko communist And Cooper's like, no, he's not Pinco And then House is like, well, what about you, my friend, you pinco communist peak, communist maoists scum And then he's like, don't get but I don't worry. By the way, I don't judge emphasize with the Pinkos. The Pinkos are absolutely right. Of course, you know they've analyze the sitution quite well. But you know, what what are you going to do when when billions of people are backed into a corner? It's quite He makes quite an enigmatic speech about war between communism and capitalism basically, but he doesn't get into details, and Coop then says, well, you must not be a vet, my friend, and House is like, what gave me?
Speaker 2: A ways?
Speaker 1: Don't talk politics with their dick in their hands?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 1: And with that, let's take a quick break. Oh, we come back to continue with our recap.
Speaker 4: Follow episode thirty.
Speaker 3: We're back and we're inside the infamous area fifty one. You've always wanted to look inside, Well, guess what you could be there?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: The Brotherhood of Steel are arguing about tactics, the conspirators are breaking up.
Speaker 2: It's all falling apart since old the good old Command and Jarley.
Speaker 3: Showed up the glamorous Kaladin Hallard in Harkness. He's you know, Quintus was really on the like, let's rebel guys, and then no, it's not working. He's like, but we started from an insurrection. We were somebody who we came up, you know. Roger Maxim, the first Brotherhood of Steel leader, he knew that things were being done in California before the war, terrible experiments, and he turned his back on his government and embraced religion.
Speaker 2: Maxim shot the scientists and.
Speaker 3: Everyone else and founded the Brotherhood of Steel, which is a very interesting little tidbitsy and as how much fucking terrible experimentation we saw going on in the last couple of episodes, Quintus is a ze let.
Speaker 2: Bet it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: The women leader of the BOS is like, hey, just give the coffee's drive to the fucking Commonwealth.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving. Maximus is like, well, let's just kill Harkness.
Speaker 3: What about that? And Quintus is like, well, if you do that, there'll be a lot of war. But like the righteousness of the cause. Maximus is like, isn't that what it's meant to be about? And he's like yeah, if hey, you're dumb, He's like fuck you.
Speaker 1: You're an idiot, You're stupid, you fucking idiot, fucking dialistic dumb call. Darkness greets Maximus outside and is like, hey, you know, why don't we talk Because it's clear that you know, there's too much politics going around over here, and you know, I understand that different Brotherhood of Steel chapters do things in different ways, but you guys have a lot of cleric I think is weird lyrics. Too many clerics making decisions. You know, in the Commonwealth we have clerics too, but they know they're not like leaders and stuff. Like guys like you and me, we're the leaders. So you know, like, let's just me and you hang out. We'll talk about it, you know, because like obviously rebellion it's going to be very very costly. It's going to be a civil war. We don't want that, and it goes against what the Brotherhood of steals about, which is about order, you know, back east in the Commonwealth. You know again, guy like you and me, we can climb the ladder, not the clerics. So think about it. Harkness Uh basically wants Maximus and him to just like, let's just you and I figure out a solution. To this, and Maximus agrees.
Speaker 3: He's like, this is a really good plan, and let's go on a little adventure together. Back of the Legion camp, the Gul is like scooting out the situation. He sees Lucy on the cross and he's like okay, sees the two leaders of the warring factions.
Speaker 2: And it's like this is going to be so easy.
Speaker 3: So the girl does some drugs, goes off to get help fighting the Legions from none other than the New California Republic. He goes to see his friend Victor of Robe and the girls like, hey, where the fuck is Robert House?
Speaker 2: I need him. Victa's like House is gone, He's.
Speaker 3: Not here, and the goals like, well, I don't know about that, because that bitch had plans for everything.
Speaker 2: He ruined my fucking life.
Speaker 3: And he's like House definitely had schemes and plans and plots upon plots. So what do we do? And Rob obviously needed this called fusion device, the thing that we now know.
Speaker 2: That the Brotherhood of Steel have.
Speaker 3: And there's been talk of this artifact, so it's very interesting to do. And Victor is essentially like, hey, there's some NCR ranges in the hills. Maybe you can use them to make your plan, which is not gonna go off for them, Sorry to those ranges.
Speaker 1: Harkness takes Maximus up in the helicopter and they're flying around talking about like what to do. Max is like looking at all the Commonwealth hardware and how well it's maintained and how cool it is, and he's kind of blown away and how cool it is. And Harkness makes his ultimate pitch, which is like, listen, unless Quintus gives us the cold Fusion relic, there's going to be a war, and that war will entail me shooting at you, you shooting at me on the front lines, and nobody wants that. So you know, what do we do? Harkness is basically like, listen, it's going to be the end of civilization. Unless the Commonwealth gets the relic, that's who should have the give it to us, Yes, And while they're flying, Harkness picks up a signal that is a signal that there are robots, sentient robots down there, and that is one of the brotherhood of Steels main enemies Ghuls and robots, robots and ghouls, and so Harkness is like, what do you think max you want to take them down? And Maximus is like hell yeah. So they land somewhere to go take out these robots.
Speaker 3: The Ghoul finds the New California Republic and is like, hey, how's it going, And the funniest thing is they just fucking hit him over the head and they're like, we're taking.
Speaker 2: Him to the camp.
Speaker 3: They're like, there's no politeness here, take him to the camp. And the girls like, you guys look like shit, which is you know coming from him?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 3: And Captain Malriguez is like, look, there's no fucking back up here. There's no other people coming. We've been here for ten years, and we want to get our Eastern Battalion to come out and help us. Like can you help us? And the girls like, first of all, if this is the Civil War, you're fucking losing. And if you think you're winning, you're losing. Second of all, I got my own issues, including finding my family, saving this random girl, doing a lot of stuff. And Rodriguez is like, look, you can turn the tide. You can do it, and girls like well, if you're the last New California Republic, then maybe you fucking deserve to lose, because there's just two of you in a camp.
Speaker 1: Harkness in Maximus in their power armor or Maximus in borrowed power armor, go into this building. They're looking for the robots. Harkness takes out a super sledge first time we've seen a super sledge, I believe, and fallout, which is the rocket powered sledgehammer, which I always love to use in the game. And they find a robot. They fucking kill it. They rip out its power supply. Harkness is like, hey, Max, you want to try the super sledge. They try to boy at the legionary camp. Lucy is like basically barely hanging on. She's likes.
Speaker 2: They just tied her up.
Speaker 3: The shoulders are coming out of Joina lips of crusty.
Speaker 2: She's a llucinating or is she now?
Speaker 3: Or she?
Speaker 1: But she's not. The Ghoul is in the camp. He goes to see the Kaisar and proposes a trade. He's like, listen, hey, if you give me what I want, I'll give you what you want. We don't know what he is offering a trade, but it's clear that eventually what he's offering the Legion is the location of that final NCR bas up in the Hills in exchange or Lucy.
Speaker 3: In the past, Cooper watches Charlie and Charlie talks about the first time he met Cooper during a war with China, and he's like Cooper was.
Speaker 2: Unselfish in a team player.
Speaker 3: He tells this story about when he was dragging him saving his life and he was covered in burns. Charlie looked down at him and the first thing he said to Charlie was, how are the other men like?
Speaker 2: This is a man who.
Speaker 3: Loves his soldiers, He loves his friends, and we see that here now where Lucy is cut down.
Speaker 2: The gul leads her out of the camp.
Speaker 3: As we listen to Charlie's speech about the bitterness of war and really he's looking straight at Coop, so this is really a conversation to him saying, hey man, take on the Robert House mission. Also, Charlie gets the award, the Bravery Award for the veterans, and it's a memorial lighter and he gives it to Cooper and he says, hey man, He's like, they gave it to me for the one life I saved, but not the three I took, kind of saying to him, like you can kill Rob House, and you can kill somebody who fucking does herves it by the way, and.
Speaker 5: Then saved millions of lives, and then you know the ghoul is Basically we cut back to him heading over after this emotional moment in the future, and he says to Lucy, he's like, look, man, maybe I fucking made a mistake saving you.
Speaker 2: She's like, thank you. I'm so nice, though, don't you love me? And he's and he's like, but.
Speaker 3: And I think this is again this kind of implication that he's not really going to sell out or try to sell out the people that he cares about or has relationships with, because he has spotted dynamite on the way out of the camp and somehow stole the detonator or had a detonator on hand because he's an old timey Western guy, and rather than letting the Legion get to the California New Republic, he starts blowing up the dynamite in the middle, setting off this kind of legion mini civil war, and they start killing each other, and him and Lucy walk off into the dusty sunset.
Speaker 1: Harkness and Max they we realize that they're in the bottling facility from the cold open and you know, Harkness has found like a ghoul child that is hits like everybody come out. So he calls for everybody to come out and saw all these kids such a nice.
Speaker 3: This is fun, Yes, this is.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Harkness then begins splitting up the kids into gool group and human group, with clearly the intention of killing all the ghoul kids. Fattius comes out and is like, hey, like I realize I don't have a lot of leverage here. I don't know a lot of like the stand up, but like if you could like not kill the kids that are guls, that would really be great. Harkness is like, no, you guys are all abominations, and like crazy, you're all very sweet, this is all very nice in the nice conversation, but you guys are abominations and so you're all gonna have to die. But before he could do that, Max hits him in the head with the super sledge absolutely when hundred percent killing him. He's dead. Oh man, Max pops his face plate.
Speaker 2: All that Jason, you knew Hawkness was not gonna survive.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Max pops his face plate Thaddeus immediately recognizes him and they briefly catch up before Max says, oh shit, I accidentally started a war. Let's take a quick break and come back and talk about this episode. Okay, we're back. Another very dense episode that throws a lot of stuff at us. We got the Legionaire's Caesar's legion. We saw some new California Republic folks that are like ten years out from the destruction of Shady Acres, and the NCR still hanging on somehow in the hills. And we see the Brotherhood of Steel schism happening, and of course the untimely death of Harkness. But let me ask you this one. We talked about it last episode. Whether Harkness is a synth, a courser, or a synthetic human? Is that the end? Are we going to find out when Max pulls the sledge out of the helmet of Harkness's power armor that actually Harkness is a robot? And does that mean we're going to see Harkness again?
Speaker 3: That would be hilarious. I could definitely see that. I think there's two roots. I basically think that if he pulls it out and we just kind of move on. Then I think that we'll get the surprise reveal later when at some point Harkness is just there and everyone's going to and max is going to be late.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Because also that would mean the Brotherhood stills using modern technology and using synth and robots and everything, so that'd be very controversial.
Speaker 2: So or the other option is he pulls it out of.
Speaker 3: His head and he sees it as a robot and then we kind of unfurl it from there, which I think would also probably help him feel less like he just started a global world war.
Speaker 2: But I thought that was such a fun, interesting reveal.
Speaker 3: I felt like Kamal's like too big to kill him like that, but you called it. I was just like absolutely cheering on Maximus. Obviously, ghoul kids are not abominations like it shows how kind of need for even though we see that the Commonwealth is very well equipped and modern and when it comes to like, you know, how well their worlies are kept and stuff, they clearly have just as archaic kind of like dogmatic rules as any other but version because he's like legit making jokes and winking at the kids that he calls smooth skins aka the human kids and like while he's lining up the other kids to be killed. So this is a no joke situation for the Brotherhood of Still but Maximus once again coming through on the right side history. Jason, as a game player, how did this feel? You feel like that they take with three episodes in?
Speaker 2: Are we too? Are they taking too long to get to New Vegas.
Speaker 3: And really be in that law or are we waiting for that kind of mid season?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: It's interesting? No, I think we've I think it's enough. I I do think that we are basically in New Vegas. Listen, you know we talked about it last episode that while when you see the outskirts of it, it looks a lot more built up than it is in the game. The game honestly more resembles that bedraggled NCR Bass in the Hills than the exactly it resembles anything else. So I think this is fine. I think my question is was it too much of the side quests and not enough of the main quest. The Robert House stuff is fascinating.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I need more Robert House.
Speaker 3: That's the mystery I'm most interested in this season.
Speaker 1: The way he approaches Coop in the bathroom, seemingly waiting for him. Does he have an idea that.
Speaker 2: Coop knows made? I could that he felt.
Speaker 1: Very weighted to me that particular conversation, Like what is he essentially trying to convince Cooper? Well, I'm because he's, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm very interested by this time period because we're also obviously even though this is you know, like twenty seventy seven or whatever around that period, it's very like influenced by the fifties, right, And it's this kind of McCarthy ism. Like I love the notion that, yeah, it did feel like House was pointedly asking him. But also if you were somebody who had uh, you know, sensibilities or sensitivities towards the notions of communism or ideas of like socialism, that is probably how every conversation felt when someone brought that up to you.
Speaker 2: So I also kind of love that duality.
Speaker 3: But knowing Robert House, I mean, my assumption is he knows, and he probably has some other way that he's going to try and manipulate Coop against thinking it's against his wife, but really it's part of the larger plan.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sure I mean, I wouldn't even be surprised.
Speaker 3: If we found out the Coop and there was some kind of experiments he agreed to. There's all kinds of stuff that we could see happen, because when it comes to his family, he's gonna make those risks and take those risks.
Speaker 1: Why is Coop looking for house in New Vegas? Do we think? And what you know? When he goes to talk to the robot Victor and is like, where's Robert house? What is he expecting? And does that mean he never got to Vegas the first time?
Speaker 3: That's what I was wondering, because that makes me think he hasn't, or at least not for a very long time.
Speaker 2: I think he's looking for his family.
Speaker 3: And he's hoping the house will know whether they are cryogenically, whether.
Speaker 2: They are you know, living in a vault, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're gonna find out that his wife and house are together or something, and maybe it's like a spawn type situation where now they're raising the kid like that would be really crazy, But I definitely think that's why he's looking for house. I also just think that this justin through house thing is so intriguing, and why is he just like in a men's toilet, in a bathroom in a veteran's association that is also clearly like underloved and not like well looked after. So also this is a crazy one through out there, but we'd already talked about it because of the double casting. Is Robert House using like synth style animatronics like out and about in the world prior to this where he's like using them to basically spy, Like is he Walt Disney with his animatronics? But he has them out in the world already, Because I was like, why is he down there? And it came so close after the Harkness thing that I started like putting things together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder that as well. It certainly seemed to me as if he was trying to get Coop to agree that any means necessary to take over the world in order to stop communism is the right move. When he that whole conversation around pushing billions of people into a corner, I think he's saying, listen, communism is on the rise. It's very strong. Look around here in this veterans hall. Here we've got Charlie, your friend who's a pinko. You might be a Pinko, Like the Pinkos are getting stronger and we've got to do something, do we not? So I think he's I don't know if he's pitching Coop because he knows that Coop knows about the conspiracy, or if he's just pitching Coop because Barb is important and he wants to make sure the entire family is on board. Or does he want to use Coop as like does he want to mind control Coop?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think that's where it's going.
Speaker 1: I think these I do wonder, you know, we saw the skeletons of veterans, and I do wonder if Coop's plan wasn't to take these vets, brain control them into thinking that they are into acting like they're Chinese invaders, and use them as the false flag, including Coop as the false flag to start, okay, the war, to create a precursor, a pretext for launching the war.
Speaker 2: I think you are right.
Speaker 3: I think that's absolutely a great way of tying in the early Mesmetron stuff. Plus, you know, Dallas gold Tooth, that's not really a guest spot one episode guy anymore. So I wouldn't be surprised if we get a flashback later this season that shows that they say that some communists you know, spy and we learned that it was Charlie and that maybe they were able to do that to him, you know, and that would have been obviously horrific to Koop, and he knows how Charlie really feels about the government, so he'd also know it wasn't something he would choose to do.
Speaker 2: I think that could be so.
Speaker 3: Interesting also, Jason, seeing as we're on the Fallout topic, one of the things that we were going to bring up in news, but I think is a good thing to bring up here while we're discussing the episode.
Speaker 2: They actually mentioned recently that.
Speaker 3: Four out five will contain canon from the show. Yeah, so I think that the notion of what we were talking about about Vault twenty four and stuff where that had been hinted at in the other stuff but wasn't necessarily canon, really to the game. The idea that behind the Starlight drive in was the Vault twenty four stuff like that, I think we're gonna then get to see explored.
Speaker 2: Is there anything from this season.
Speaker 3: Thus far that you would really love to get a chance to play in the next Fallout oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think like the I do think the Legionary schism. I mean it's in the game right, the Legionaries are war with the New California Republic and the Brothers and Steeler involved in that. But like this Brotherhood of steel civil War brewing rebellion is a really interesting development. I will also add, you know, with them putting more clearly, this means there's going to be more New Vegas lore in right. That's why I fall Out proper, which you know, it's interesting because New Vegas was created by Obsidian, not by Bethesda. They contracted out with a with a different company to make that that sequel while they were working on Fallout four, because it was in between Fallout three and Fallout four. And my sense has always been that the feelings at Bethesda were like complicated about New Vegas because New Vegas is absolutely beloved, especially about like hardcore.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the best, yeah, many will tell people.
Speaker 1: Will tell you. People will tell you that it's their favorite. And I think my sense has always been that that's complicated for Bethesda, like they wanted it to be good, but they didn't want it to be like so bad. I think it's weird for Bethesda that they didn't make this and people fucking love it. So I think it's going to be interesting to see more New Vegas kind of threads and lore adapted from the show that is adapted from the game involved in Fallout five. But I think it's great to tie all of this stuff together because I think the overarching conspiracy talking about this with friends last night, Fallout three is my favorite story. New Vegas is great. I love it, but it's not my favorite. And Fallout four, I think I love the Institute conspiracy. Yes, I love the settlement building, but I think the story falls a little flat. If there is a way in Fallout five to tie all of these conspiracies together and storylines together a cohesive way, I think that would be really cool. And of course, like listen, this is probably my favorite game series of all time, so I can't wait for a Fallout five. What do you think about having some of the game some of the TV stuff in Fallout five?
Speaker 3: To me, somebody who really doesn't have as much of an extensive knowledge of the games as you more would like somebody who's just played with friends and watch friends play, and especially New Vegas.
Speaker 2: I love anything like this, because I.
Speaker 3: Think all of I think a true dream of any adaptation, whether it's adapting a video game for Amazon Prime or whether it's you know, webtoon doing DC comics like Batman Family Adventures, it should be a two way street. You're not just trying to bring new people to your platform, which is obviously what Amazon is doing. They want to have people watching it, but you also want people who've never played a Fallout game to go and play the games. And that is what I think keeps these kind of you know, cultural legacy franchises fresh is introducing new audiences, new people to interact with them. So anything like this where somebody can go from watching this to then getting into Triple A gaming via it, I think is really exciting.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love that, and I.
Speaker 3: Would love to see, you know, a little bit of kind of weirder, deeper, low gameplay, like if you I love this idea of fall Out five being like very narratively meaningful and kind of having all the trappings of a Fallout game, but maybe managing to tie all of this law together.
Speaker 2: I mean, that could.
Speaker 3: Become one of the greatest games of all time if they did it in a way that felt realistic and true.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to continue our coverage of Fallout season two on the next episode of extra Vision. We're highlighting some of our favorite heist and winter gothic movies. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening. Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and as a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 3: Our executive says are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abuza part.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Bay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kauffman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.