Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, our little kit Kat is back with us this week. Okay, we missed you. I got to play Catherine. I had supposing question have to download the episode. Give us a download, girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I will because especially if you played me, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Nervous.
Speaker 3: No, I think she would do a great me.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I actually said, I was like, I feel like you're most capable of being Cat. I was like, I have no Cat for so long. I was like, I can do this.
Speaker 1: W WKD wait, don't even tell me. I cannot wait to go listen and see what you did.
Speaker 2: It was fun, but we're glad to have you back. Thanks. I feel like it's been a minute since it's been us three. I know it feels like that for some reason. Yeah, far, but I don't know why. Well, we just missed you deeply.
Speaker 3: You're not here, thanks, guys.
Speaker 2: I I mean, I really don't have anything to uh to talk about. Wow, I know hei, guys, I do, yes, score.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 2: This morning, I had my first consultation for a breastlet. It was really really wonderful, right, and I haven't made any plans, but I just really enjoyed the doctor. I felt like he was very disarming. It was so calm. The nurse also had had a lift, and so she talked to me, did she show you her boobscause people boobs like, I'm like, you want to see it? But it was just wonderful, like no pressure to implant. He was like, we can absolutely, you know, give you back some. I essentially just don't have a torso. So he just was wonderful. And I'm really excited that I did. I have rescheduled it three times because of conflicts, and I almost didn't want to go this morning because the Nashville traffic took me an hour. But I did it. That's awesome. Yeah, and stay tuned. They said, recovery is pretty easy. Preston's like, we don't need to mess with these these are They're perfect just the way they are. You said, you tell that doctor, we don't even need him. I was like, Okay, calm down, that's sweet though, love it. I know that's what the nurse did for you. She said, you you're going it's going to be so crazy. You're going to wish you did it earlier. I know someone that just did a lift as well. Without putting an implant in and she's obsessed with it. I need to know. Do I know this person? Yes, I don't know if she's publicly shared so, but yes, yeah, okay, And they just I want to know experience so much better, and I think there is some like recovery. I think with an implant might be different. I don't know, but they still wasn't no more difficult? Okay, implants are more difficult to recover from. Okay, So is.
Speaker 1: It like you decide if it's an implant as well?
Speaker 3: Do they decide like, hey, it's needed, wouldn't He said, I don't need you just don't need to.
Speaker 2: And are you going to do fat transfer or just a straight up lift? Just a lift? If I if I do it, it would be so the right guy is much not much, but it feels larger. I've never had asymmetry before and now I do post last baby. So we would the left one would set the tone and he would just it would be the same pretty much the same cup size, just up just quite a bit higher. And he said, you're a very fit person, which I mean, listen, that consultation was worth that and a nuts that he's like you're a very fit person. So I said, I feel like this feels crazy to say I feel like disorganized or sloppy, and he said it isn't. I hear that from a lot of women. You feel wider right there and you're not. And so it's giving this like misshape and kind of like feeler image. But he was lovely, that's so exciting. I feel excited. I love that.
Speaker 3: So the next step is just scheduling it.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, I don't know what that will look like, see, but it just feels good to like even have. And I've heard from several people you should go to a few doctors and get a consultation just to feel it out. But I thought it was lovely. I'm so excited for you. Yeah, that's been going to be Easter, Janna.
Speaker 3: It is around Eastern and then we all hang out on Easter.
Speaker 2: What's been going on here? We miss you?
Speaker 3: Oh man, it has just been a lot the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh Kat, we needed you last week more than.
Speaker 1: That was maybe a blessing in disguise, But you know, it's hard. I'm going to be honest, it's going to be hard for me. To come on here and not talk about how my life has been the last couple of weeks, because it's been a lot and it's been very impactful for me. It's been a very emotional, but like great couple of weeks. And I think that, you know, everyone knows what's going on in the world, and I think that that's been different for everybody, but that's been very impactful for me and my family. So that's been a lot of my family the last couple of weeks. So we're just, you know, we're we're having a lot of conversations in our household. We're feeling a lot of purpose driven life stuff. And I think that that's amazing and I'll just leave it at that, but I think that, you know, I just think that it's got me really excited and happy and just you know, I think a lot of blessings can come out of a lot of evil sometimes, you know, And I just think that that's been.
Speaker 2: We talked about that last week where I said, you know, and instead of just posting things, I leaned in, I leaned into my faith, I learned in my family, and I think that at the end of the day, that's what things like that are all about is to lean in the people that you should be loving and taking care of. And there's a lot of beauty in that. Absolutely a little old school. I've appreciated just the tending to my family in my walls and my own heart and digesting and processing as I can. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been Also, I think having teenagers has been really like at first like boh, like overwhelming, and then like, wow, this is really cool just the conversations that have been had, the you know, just the transparency and a lot of things. And you know, my thirteen year olds she probably won't want me to tell this, but you know, last night, like I can't tell you the last time she did this, she came and crawled in bed with us and like hung out with us for a while and wanted to sleep with us.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, my kids don't sleep with me, you know.
Speaker 1: And like it's just been because of a lot of open dialogue and it's just been really really cool to see. It's just been a really positive in our in our homes. So I have something that just kind of sparked from you saying that. Yeah, so you guys know, I'm a big fan of doctor Aymon I follow him, love him, and you know, he came on the podcast one time and he said, spend ten minutes every day one on one with.
Speaker 2: Each one of your children. And the other day I was listening to something. Now he says, it's at twenty minutes, right, And in my brain, I'm like, like with coming home from school and then I mean, I'm rushing these kids out the door because I have, like I have to have my family dinner. So it's like we're eating dinner before we go and then we don't get back until seven. I'm like, where do you find those It's like now, I mean I'm laying in bed and having those conversations. But it's to have them pick something that they want to do. And there's a piece of me that makes me sad that we're the we're at this point where we're always just rushing and going and doing that. We can't just be like, okay, twenty minutes, Jace, come on, let's go like uno together, just you and I are what do you want to do? Or pick what you know? And it's just it kind of makes me sad because then I go, oh wait, because we're not having that twenty minutes now. Is that, Like is that bad? And then then I'm like, where are we getting these twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could modify. I'm trying to, you know, I default touch such an all or nothing person that I It's like, it can still be a meaningful twenty if you're driving in the car with them, that's the game question are Yeah, even though it's not an activity that they were not just to ask them questions. That's the thing. You're supposed to just do whatever they want to do and not ask them like a single quation. But I mean, like if we have to modify it just for right now or just to be in the car, like what do they want to listen to? Or like you just chatty, I mean that's a good maybe modification. We also, I'm taking the biggies on separate trips next week because I feel that too, Like I feel like I just haven't seen love enough. She's like doing ballet now and she loves it, but I'm like I kind of miss you, you know. So We're doing a little one on one trip and then I take Legie the weekend after that, and maybe that's like a it's condensed and it's not daily, but maybe that's like little modifications. I think I get a little envious of your situation because you have them so much, and it's like, my kids are at school all day, but I don't. Yeah, but I want my kids to be in school too, you know what I mean, And that structure for them is what works great for them. But I do get envious sometimes of all. I like, see your thing. I'm like, oh, well, I feel like a bad mom. I'm not hanging out with my kids during the day. Oh no, well, I'm hanging out with them today and they're home. Well, but but you know, one day, you know what I mean, the pod, you know, so it's I don't know, Yeah, I mean I do. I think it's honestly, I think, no matter how your mom, anybody feels guilty because I sometimes wish that they were busy doing school so that when I was doing the other things, I don't feel guilty for doing the other things. That makes sense, like they would be living their big enriched life. Like I feel like kids that go to school five days a week get big en riched life at school solely based on like their age groups and what they're supposed to be studying. And it's like focused, good attention, and then I feel like my kids sometimes I'm like, Okay, what am I going to do with these guys? You know, to get them through the day and feel bonded and you know, like and to make sure the school work got done, and just don't know that it's as academically enriched and focused on their age group. That does that make you feel better?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Can I go back to something you said a second ago, not to I think there's positives and negatives with what you're saying to both. I think that there's guilt no matter what to that point, like homeschool or not homeschool, positives, negatives, all the.
Speaker 2: Things I have. The education guilt probably sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I could see that, or they're not. I mean they still kind of go to school, so maybe like the social aspect or you know whatever, there can be positive. But I want to disagree with it a little bit of what you said earlier, even though I know they say I know that I disagree with the.
Speaker 3: Not asking questions.
Speaker 1: We would not have the conversations that we have if it was not for the questions that I ask. And I see that I have read about that I have seen that, but I have found that, yes, there are times I have to stop asking questions. I know, okay, I'm not getting anywhere. They don't want to talk right now, and I stop. But I also know that if I don't ask questions, especially as teenagers, they'll just keep going about their day. They're not usually going to offer it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it's something big, you hope that they will.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: I am big on asking questions, so that to me is part too.
Speaker 2: By the way, just that twenty minute piece is where.
Speaker 3: In that twenty minute it's okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Fair because I am too. Like when we do our peeking, well yeah, when we do our like low part of the day or happy part, sad part of the day, and Julie would be like happy part the whole day. I go no, no, no, I was again, narrow it down, tell me one thing awesome at school, so that way, and then when she says what it is, I was like when she goes, okay, playing four square, and I was like, O, great, who did you play four square with? And then it and then it evolve or it makes a conversation more of a conversation, and then I get to ask more questions from there and that that I like.
Speaker 3: I love it huge on that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why I just wanted to like go like, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I would not get to those things if we didn't ask questions like that.
Speaker 2: Definitely agree with you and I do the same thing. It's just apparently in that twenty minutes. So I mean to ask you why, but not by them, not by us. Yes, why we ask questions we're leading.
Speaker 1: So then that's a little overwhelming because it probably needs to be on top of when we're asking questions because I've got to ask my questions, you know.
Speaker 3: But here's my question for you. When do y'all do the peek and pit?
Speaker 2: We do it at dinner, Okay.
Speaker 1: So just posing a question, is there which we we can't sit down to dinner every night, So that's where that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: She doesn't either, She does it like too. We have dinner there. I'm just so big on the family dinner.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'm envious.
Speaker 1: I am doing better at trying to find those times that we can.
Speaker 2: I can't sucker. I can't give that up. That's why it's like, and listen, let me tell you these dinners that we're having because I get them up from the bus at four something like four oh six. What were if I don't meal prep that day before. It is hot dogs and tater tots. But it it's us down to dinner. I think together, it doesn't have's.
Speaker 1: Going to be something that your children are going to remember, they're going to bring on. I think that it is huge and amazing and I commend you, and that is probably one of the things I wish the most we could do. Having said that, we don't always, but one thing we pivoted to. But I only do it with Ramsey because she's nine. I don't do it with the thirteen and the sixteen year old. But we do that before bed right now, so that kind of becomes now I'm not home every night to put her to bed. I'm probably not home three out of seven nights to me because you're yeah, and we don't get home till ten or later. So what yeh here most nights, I mean, there's at least three nights a week we don't get home till after ten. But that time has become so to me. How I've kind of pivoted it is I might not get those. I try, but I might not get to get those ten minutes or twenty minutes, you know with Ramsey, But I try. If to me, if it's five minutes, you still have that special time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I know, I think when I just heard the twenty, I got like yep, but then it was that an hour? But how is that suffocating to me? Not suffocating that's a really bad word. I mean to say, like overwhelming, yeah, because I'm like, it's twenty minutes, but yeah, that seems so overwhelming in the days that the day that we have. Yeah, that's why it BOMs me up to this because the time I feel defeated, because then you already feel defeated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if you hit fifteen minutes? Personalities like ours are like no, god.
Speaker 3: We didn't make it to twenty, like I see it as a parent, Yeah no, I mean we spent fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Can we modify and just go? But today I got this special moment with that.
Speaker 4: That's how I just feel just for right now, which.
Speaker 2: Then got me to this then topic idea. Are we the generation of just tired moms? Overworked, tired, run like run down moms?
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's overworked and overtired versus other generations of being overworked and overtired, because like my mom was overworked and overtimeed right jobs they No, I think it's over stimulation on top of it. I agree, So that are emotionally exhaust on top of it. Yeah, that consumption we are, we're at max consumption and I'm already a person that has to have my alone time. So by the end of the night exhausted twenty minutes. It makes me, It gives me himes and that's terrible because we love our children, I know, you know, right, but we're just so spent.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what it made me think. I'm like, I'm exhausted. Yeah, I don't. I don't. I would love to play, you know, but if it went it's bedtime, I'm like, I'm tired. I want to go to bed too. Same.
Speaker 1: I do think that this is why there is such a case, even though I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, But why there's such a case for less after school activities. Uh huh, I mean I see it. I understand the value of it. I understand we are not that family. We're the opposite of that family. But I think that this is where that comes from. It probably wouldn't be so overwhelming. It'd be pretty easy if we didn't have so many after school activities right to spend that time.
Speaker 3: Now they get older and I start thinking about my sixteen year.
Speaker 1: Old, I'm like, when do I ever get to do just that one on one time?
Speaker 3: That gets harder too, you know, But.
Speaker 2: I think we are tired, but I think our generation is turning things back around. I feel so proud of the parents we are and the kids were raising because we got to know the sweet spot. We know we have a point of reference for what was great and good and more wholesome life without all the news and noise, and we are on a I feel you collectively like there's this group of parents that is just on a mission to bring back the old school in it and to like re establish. The problem is to do that, we have to filter so much. We're so tired. I mean, even the way we buy groceries is a full time job because we have to read the labels and do the research and is organic organic? It's not organic, it's only sixty five percent organic. And then we're trying it's like just feeding. It's not even about what are you making for dinner? It's like how did you buy clean food? And do you have the means to do that? Because that costs extra. It's like a clogged filter is what I told therapist Amy, a clogged filter. And then on top of it, we are living in history and we're trying to educate our kids a little bit on what's going on, but at age appropriate levels, while we try to digest it ourselves and we're not supposed to have to digest it, right, this is a lot well just kind of kind of thing. And on like our parents' generation, Yes, they worked, My mom worked three jobs. You know your mom worked hard. They worked hard. But also you know how where they've gone now right where it's we would like them to be a little bit more uh around. But then I was thinking, what are what are we? Are? We just the tired the tired generation of being tired. But you're like, you said no emotionally yeah, but I don't because even Julie mentioned some in their days, She's like, can can you read a little extra bit? I was like, baby, mommy wants to take a shower. I'm exhausted, like yeah, hurt. Yeah, And and then I was like, she just thinks I'm going to be always tired. I'm always tired. Like is that us? Is this a generation? Are we just tired moms? We're also in toddlerhood? Yeah? And roman is yes, because it's physically taxing and emotionally taxing. Yeah. Like I I'm sometimes so hard on myself and I'm like, oh, I just I should just be able to do this one last thing with them, And I'm like, I just my baby is absolute velcro right now. So I'm just holding her and trying to soak that up because I know how fleeting that is. But also like at the baseball field trying to watch Jase yesterday and running back and forth lapse because and then some of a parent goes, does he do this all the time, all day every day? Yep? Back and forth like you know, no, no, yeah, so it's like yeah, it's it's just was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yes, would you like to take a lap please?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: Ladies. Do we have a wine about it? Oh? I do? Yay, I don't have to no, Okay, I'm not going to say the business because I don't want to ruin this sweet precious little town in their business, but we will. I know. We went on the little bus trip, which does not involve a lot of sleep, So I feel like I'm still catching up takes Forever Lovely Memories. I have to post an article to you guys, and it was It's ten years old, but it still rings true. It's vacation versus trip. I was on a trip. We went, Oh it's something triberty trip trip. Do you remember that? It's so good. I actually just brought it up to a mom last night. I got a post. Anyways, we went into This is gonna get tricky because people are going to know the town and then they'll figure it out. But it's a kids they do. They do little sluice. I'm going to hand it to them. Basically, we went to this kid's museum and last time we were in this location we didn't get to go, and so I thought, well, this will be wonderful, and it was not. I wouldn't call it a kid's museum. I would call it like a very overgrown play place, which was awesome, and you know, like an actual front of a jet that they could sit in and so the I mean they were in there from just living their best lives. That's not the wine. The wine is the micro management from the two old ladies running this place wore me out. I felt like my kids couldn't. First of all, we're essentially paying a fee to just come in and play. Yeah, this isn't like no one's giving us a tour, no one's educating us. This isn't like it doesn't take anything. And you know me, when I left it the grocery store was roygbibbed and color coordinated in the cans, you know, like I've I'm making sure that we leave it better than we found it. I felt like ibbib Yes, yes, Michigan school system, Michigan School System.
Speaker 3: Not from Michigan. I used roygbib still on a daily.
Speaker 2: The colors of the rainbow.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you that's how we know roy gbib never heard.
Speaker 2: Of that yellow? How they is bacon bacon bacon? Do you guys know her? She was the typewriter check in school.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's just an acronym.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't not a character, just an acronym.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could still do the colors if it wasn't for Roy jibeb.
Speaker 2: Well, now I know the order of the rainbow. Thanks guys, You're welcome today, Roy gbib She's like wind down lessons. Anyways, this micromanager was just fluttering around me the whole time, and she was like, you know you're She accused Love and Remy of mixing the glitter with the whatever, and they were both just standing there without an attorney and they She was like, you did it, and then this mom offside and says, if you did that, then you're responsible for cleaning it up. The one that was responsible for doing is the one response. And I'm a mom, another random mom, and I'm like, I'm gonna I'm gonna throw down in this fight museum, but a museum and air quotes because it's a giant play place. And I just was like, if you're not don't open this. If you don't want to deal with kids, don't work here.
Speaker 3: Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they were not obnoxious. I am so overly sensitive to my kids being obnoxious in public restaurants. They stay seated. I was a server. Moms and dads are on date nights like they don't. It's not cute when your kid runs over with a cup. It's not funny, like, please just stay seated. I if I'm in a play place and my kids are just playing, yeah, I'm gonna be Nancy to have a seat before, and Karen to it yeah, and Sharon to get off my shoulder, and Tiffany the random mom. It's a question, what did you do? I said, I understand the glitter is very important to you. I'm sorry. If my kids did that, it wouldn't be like them. But we're happy to clean it up. And did that.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be like them.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be on behalf of my client. What did you do? We cleaned it up and I roygbibbed and their can section in the grocery store is perfect and all their produce is in like magic little order. And I was like, and by the way, the fake onion should go in this bin because in the real store they would get molded. And then Chris comes in. Your true wine is don't work at kids places if you don't like kids, and don't work at places you don't like your job. It's okay. I didn't like my job. I remember being a server and I remember the minute I was like, my job here is done. Oh you guys know I'd go back to TG Fridays today. I know you would all that flare. A woman sat down, she goes, do you know what I'd love? And in my head remember Ellie mcbeale, I had an Allie McBeal memory. I was like, yeah, what you will love? And I thought it was probably my time to exit the serving community.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it was frustrating. And don't accuse kids without parents, Nancy, I'm chasing a toddler. You know. I think there's something true to be said to that. And I've always and I agree with you one thousand. No, no, no, I do agree with you. I'm just going to play a little bit of Devil's Advocate. Had a feeling. No, it's okay, Nancy Junior's on, no, because I agree because I always there was the secretary in my high school. She was so mean, and I'm like, I wanted to ask her many times, why do you work here if you don't like kids? So I've always kind of wondered that, But now that I've gotten older, I'm like, because it's the job that it sometimes how do I say this without like they needed that job? But it's also they might not.
Speaker 1: It may not be exactly what they want, yes, but it is the job that it.
Speaker 2: Is, the means that they have that they have to have. And also they might not meet every requirement. I don't think you have in the to be a secretary in a school. Does it say do you love kids? You know? Can you? Are you good at your doing your job with the computer and the bookkeeping and the you know, these people are apparently good at organization, and but I agree with you that there should be Yeah, like like Ryan picked up this like stuffed animal from the gift shop and she was like she brought it over to me, and the woman was like, you have to put that back, that's the gift shop. And I said, but she would have to test drive it if we were going to pay forty two dollars for this over priced bear. So we're just going to try it on, hold it for a second, and we'll put it right back. Yeah, it's the aggressive behavior. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Course, seeing a lot more aggressive behavior in general, like not even just in the job. I just think that that's because coming more norm and tolerated or something. It is like it's very like there's a way to be kind, but also be assertive, and I think that we're kind of at times losing that, which I mean we all can be guilty of it, not just certain, but we are. There's just a lot of personalities lately that I'm just like, wow, like and I can be aggressive.
Speaker 2: But I know, but then I always go to the what are they doing? That's what are they going through? I think, are they having a heart did they get a really bad diagnosis today? Did they tell you what she's about to go through? Because that's where we were headed.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that there is so much more behind it. I think there's a reason why everyone's a little bit more aggressive and a little bit more you know. And maybe it does go back to information overload and being just emotionally exhausted, you know, or whatever, but I think there's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, And I think there's people that, you know. I was just having a conversation with someone over the tile and all autism debate, and she's a friend and we have very open conversations about things, and she had posted something and I just kind of slid in with something else. I'm like, what if you looked at it from this angle? And I was kind of saying something else, and she's like, I get that, but they're you know, and then she goes into her thing. But then we have a dialogue, some understanding on both sides, and I think so often, you know, in these situations, there might believing something about who you are as a mom, but that's not who you are as a mom, you know. So it's just having good dialogue. And apparently maybe she wasn't wanting to meet you there, but sometimes it can be done. Maybe a lot of people just have their own experience with these people mixing that they don't put the glitter and then it bombs all over the freaking grocery store. Mart. We had this. If anyone can relate to this chicken wanting her glitter separate from her, it's me. I'm like, yeah, listen, you have no idea, who's here. I'm here to help you, Nancy.
Speaker 1: People assumptions come in, Like I had the most beautiful conversation with someone over a similar situation, and it is someone that we never agree on any thing, and she came in with an assumption and I said, actually, this is how I feel. And I said, and you probably shouldn't have made that assumption, and she was like, absolutely right, let's talk like you know, and we always talk.
Speaker 3: But it's like, don't just make us up, don't jump in with we all do. But like, I think that is a very.
Speaker 1: On the smaller scale, an assumption. She assumed that you were probably like me, you didn't give a crap about the glitter being mixed with and I'm sure I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Mom that she probably should have taken her aggression exactly. I will clean it up, but I'm not not putting the glitters like back Together'll.
Speaker 1: Clean it up, but I can tell you what is not happening. Roygbivving. Did it start that way? I don't know, but that's how Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I just learned. So there's no chance you're rogivving.
Speaker 1: I just thought you were going to show up with me or Jana and then I will clean it up.
Speaker 2: Though I will think I will always clean it up. I mean I will push the seats in, you know.
Speaker 3: And my kids are sitting at dinner, biggest.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's one of my biggest not judging if you don't make your kids sit, But it's always been one of my like anybody general, not judging.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: It's hard you guys, we had a moment. This is so like do you forget run? This is, by the way, a moment that I'm just like us three talking now at listening right now, may or may not make the cut. Actually, when we were in Flower Child, the new restaurant in oh in Franklin, freaking Roman, a sweet little boy. He had his belly, was head some like ross diapers or whatever, and then he threw up, like at the restaurant. It was his first ever throw up. I was like mortified, right, but because it's like the mom this other like lady was just staring at me. But I mean we were just like can I have the spray bot? You know what I mean, like running out trying to clean it all. I mean, it was it was such a mess. But it's like I had those moments too where it's like I will never leave, not just gonna be like peace out, you know what I mean, like like give me the color everything, you know, like wiping it down as much as humanly possibly can.
Speaker 1: Anyways, being just very specific that we might not take the glitter and separate it from them, but we will clean up after our are created equal.
Speaker 2: By the way, Roman will throw the food on the floor and I'm cleaning it up.
Speaker 3: I'm cleaning it up.
Speaker 1: I always do because I was a server that had to do that, so I haven't always and I and Nick is like, girl, we got to clean this up.
Speaker 3: I remember when they were little, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I didn't like.
Speaker 2: It's sweet when the service say, don't worry about it. But I'm like, I'm not leaving this here. I'm always cleaning it up, picking it up off the floor. I can't imagine my visceral reaction if I had to leave that mess behind. Oh yeah, yeah. Well anyways, and we're back to the show. Okay. Headlines zach Efron Nina Dobrev are all smiles and flirty photos while vacationing with friends in Italy. Guys, because you know, she just had a breakup of five years, I believe, and now everyone's thinking they're, you know, getting back together or sorry that they're they're you know, is this too soon to be in a relationship. The rumors, the whole flo all the stuff. But I'm like, can't friends just be friends on a yacht? I mean, I'm smiling, Yeah, you're gonna catch me looking all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: If I'm on it, and if you're just out of a breakup, you're gonna go on the yacht.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and smile on It doesn't matter what comes up automatically after your breaks. I will tell you what. He is still one of my good friends. Yes, he was great, he's lovely. We yeah, it was it was again, hello, we're not we're not, we're recording. But it was good. Yeah, but like this was great. We were in Miami and Miami Pam came out and you know she She's like, I'm going to get us on a yacht this weekend. It was it was supposed to be my seven year wedding anniversary and instead it was a divorce trip. And we met this lovely entrepreneur man and his friends and they're like, you should come on our yacht. We end up going on a different yacht, which is funny because we're like no, the thanks or whatever, and we like wave to them and are yacht when they were on his.
Speaker 3: Like I still tell the story of the.
Speaker 2: Yacht, like I was like, we choose the wrong rock literally, like the mile long the Titanic goes. You gotta he gotta play like hard to get and I was like, no, I want I'd like to get on.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, wait, wait, wait, how do we get from me this yacht and that yacht thanks for getting us on the.
Speaker 2: Yacht things that are not relatable. And then we ended up going and meeting this person because his friends are like, oh, you should meet our friend. And that was the guy who owned the yacht. And we are still friends to this day. Yeah, oh good, I think obviously ever happened, we just realized that we were going to be friends. And he even just DMed me the other day being like so proud of you and all I was just I'm so happy for you, you know, your marriage. Yeah, so let them go on the yacht.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're dating, have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you make good friends on yachts, and maybe if you're speculating you might need a yacht trip, maybe you just have yacht envy.
Speaker 1: And let me just say, that's probably that's the only time I've ever been on a yacht. Really yeah, so that's like a really cool I'm just saying, that's like a core memory for me.
Speaker 3: If you get a chance to go on at.
Speaker 2: I'm debating with her, I tell my yacht story. It's why don't you think YadA YadA. Okay, So I'll make it fast. So we go visit friends in Fort Lauderdale, and I think these I think this friend girlfriend listens to this podcast, so this will be funny to her. So she we're visiting friends and they keep saying we're going to go on a boat day. This is going to be a boat day. And I'm like, that's exciting, you know. So I pull love and legend didn't have the baby at the time into this room at the condo and I say, you listen to me, I need to. Yes, ma'am's we are wearing every like everything known to man today. You will keep them on the entire time we are on the boat. Do not ask me to take them off. If you cannot wear them, we don't go on the boat. Yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am. We pull up and I'm like, on this episode, a below deck, a hundred foot Yeah, this isn't a boat. I'm like, we have vastly different interpretations of what a boat is. I'm thinking pontoon, you know, and there this is gorgeous. It's like four stories, five bedrooms in the belly of the ship. And we're like ten minutes and they're asking, you know, I'm kicking my shoes off, and they're like, ma'am, can I get you a drink? Can I take that bag for you? And I'm like no, no, It's so I feel like so Michigan rudy of me. I'm like, no, n I got it. I got it, you know, baby, I'm a hip whatever. And and then I look at Love and Legend about ten minutes in and you guys they're just like stuck there like little puffer fish with and I go, hey, so I was wrong. I didn't realize we were boarding an apartment complex and you're free to take off your flotation devices for the day.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: And they swam on a swimming pool on a boat, and they still to this day are like, well are we going on a boat that has a swimming pool? And like, please don't say that in public to anybody else.
Speaker 3: See, they really beat me out. I haven't done that before.
Speaker 2: You guys really want to do one of the those rent one of those yachts, like we need to go on an Italian vacation or somewhere, and they have one of those yachts that have those swimming pools on there, but you can actually rent him for the full week. So you just it's crazy dock out by Capri or Positano and it's incredible. The crew is like incredible, They say, rent your book, run him as front, you know, and then you just chip it all in. Yeah, okay, sorry that was it off. Wow we just apology.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 2: Then they're yeah, start saving up the next ten years.
Speaker 3: Are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's fifty on a boot. We be yachting, Okay, I mean it. Clutes shares an emotional message to Charlie Kirk's widow, Erica, you have a purpose. She shared on the podcast. She said, my late mother in law, Nick's mother told me when Nick was in the hospital. She said, your son Elvis will save you, and his smile every day will make you want to get up and live. It's true, Clutes shared in a preview, and that's what I would tell Erica that your kids you have a purpose. She said. You know you will go through this time when you're like, what's my purpose? Why did this happen? She recalled. I told Nick when he died. I was like, I will be the best mom to this kid. I will show him the world and Amanda. I just I love Amanda so much and I've just we've DMed over the years, and she really has just shown up in such a beautiful way for Elvis, and just all their vacations and their trips they take together are so beautiful and like, what a truly beautiful thing that you know, she's giving him joy and it's such a sad, sad remembrance, you know, it's as awful.
Speaker 1: It's just amazing how when such tragic things happen, how so much beauty can come out of it, you know. And to me reading this on the rundown, I was like, man, you know, God was really in that story. And I know it's trauma and it's awful and it's tear but to be able to see the beauty on the other side of it and to be able to have this may be her purpose. I mean, I understand that, you know, whether Erica sees what she says or not, But to be able to pass that on and to be one of few people who can really relate and to be able to give that to someone else, I just think it's just absolutely beautiful. Whether that just makes her feel, you know, like she's got a purpose or just that there's some the beauty and the trauma and the traumatic experience, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a beautiful thing to hear from someone who's walked in your shoes before. You know, That's one of the reasons why I share my stuff. It's why you guys, girls share your things. It's yeah, I get help and hope from people that have walked before me. And so if I can, you know, give that back, and Amanda's doing that for Erica and I you know, it's it's it's awful and it's tragic, and you're also seeing Amanda the light that she has now even with you know, her missing her for her late husband. And there's a lot of widows out I can't even imagine. I can't I can't even imagine. No, it's we have friends who are going through like a health issue. The husband's going through a health issue, and the wife just like finally had her moment where she cried and she was like, I'm just overwhelmed. And he's a little bit older than her, so I think that's always been in the back of her mind anyways, and I just we just had this moment where I was like, listen, we're going to stop. And I don't want you to spiral. I know that's easy to do, but it's just, you know, I think coming off the heels of this, everything just gets different weights. And so my favorite, one of my favorite quotes of all time is we're all just walking each other home, and that just I feel like that's Amanda in a nutshell. I love it. Yeah. Well, I mean I even think too. I mean, just how much your kids do for for you, you know, And it's like going when you go through hard time, It's like I'll never forget when I was going through my divorce, I'm like, I have no choice but to show up for my kids. Like Catherine, you know that I wrote about this in my book. But she's like, you have to get up and take your kids to school. And I'm like, a dah, you know what I mean, like a gang go, you know, and she's like you have to, you will and you'll be fine. And it's like it's like you just have to put one foot in front of again. I'm not trying to compare because it's total two different things, right, but you know, when it comes to this being with your kids, it's like you have to show up and for your kids and it's well.
Speaker 1: And the kids will also show up for you. Yeah, and that was a part of that with you. I knew that your kids and her kids and her that is also.
Speaker 3: A healing for the widow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the person who's been divorced or the person like your kids. You're not just doing it for your kids. Your kids can also do it for you, right, you know what I mean? They will show you what you need.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I remember looking back and photos like when I go back, and you know, I'll post things from back then in twenty twenty one. I'll I know how hurt I was inside, but I have got the photo of me and the kids like smiling because it's like they're the ones that brought put the smile on my face that day. Yeap, nobody else could have done that. Sid's my kids, absolutely so and just yeah, continuingly praying for Ericauner kids and it's awful. This was this next one. Tom Brady confuses TV viewers of puzzling common and very slamming a helmet to kicking a dog. Listen, you know, Peta announced peta. Peta hates me. Those little start right there. I go to zoos. I love zoos. You know, I'm big on what they dolphins and yeah, those ones. Yes, but I am the person that will do that. Okay, I do see the benefits of their conservattory whatever all these things. But listen, I think he was honestly taking things out of It was a taken out of context. He's obviously not going to kick a dog, you know what I mean. It's like, it's like, oh, you're so cute, I could eat you, like about a baby. Like remember we talked to army hammer army hammers. She's like, I'm like, well, you can't actually con bear cannibalism to actually because this is bad. But that was funny. Yeah, but like not in that context of an army hammer inn you, and it would be always just I just eat you. But obviously that is also Guys, how much do we misspeak? I mean I know that all of the time. I mean bound to misspeak.
Speaker 1: You can't anymore though, it's like you you can't. Everything is completely scrutinized, and you know, I mean that's what I took from the story.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are we really worried about the dog? Like maybe we are.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he really does want to kick a dog, but I think it's just the expression kick the dog. Yes, it's like kick the can, right or no one other and one is a woman.
Speaker 1: Yes it is kick a dog when it's down. It's like kicking a dog when it's down. Yes, it is insane, it is right. Yes, and horse, but I'm not going to go beat a horse exactly. Do you have horses?
Speaker 2: No, we just.
Speaker 3: Little to these days. There's too much of.
Speaker 2: A magnifying glass and every word every like Tom Brady look at him with his perfect teeth. He probably I don't suspect he kicks dogs. I think he just likes the same and I bet he really regrets it. And I think we don't need to go check on tom Brady's dogs. I'm sure they have their best meal. Ever. I think shortly we will see a headline that says Tom Brady donates an X amount to humane society.
Speaker 3: But like he didn't.
Speaker 2: Like it's ridiculous. No, I know.
Speaker 1: Now we will retract this. If there is one that says Tom Brady kicks.
Speaker 2: His dog, we will go back and say does it like we're wrong, because you know that some of them do those underground dog fights and like that. You know NFL players didn't charged? Yes, good for me. Yeah, I think it was big. It was thick, right, I'm pretty sure it was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now that's messed up.
Speaker 2: That's awful. He can't say that saying no.
Speaker 1: No, no, Maybe no one really should.
Speaker 2: But it was out of acts. I really don't. I'm not dividing. Should someone say eating a baby like so cute? I could just bite you?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We should not be this sensitive to all of this. Thank you. People have got to be able to say things and not take it too literal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, amen Save Tom Brady.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm a mom of a kindergartener with autism and we're trying to navigate the school system for the first time. One issue that's really weighing on me right now is with his pe teacher. This is her first year teaching, and she's made it clear that students are graded based on ten specific rules. According to her, my son is only meeting one of them, and she's expressed this in a way that felt really cold and lacking understanding of his needs. Our interactions have been tense, and she seems to have very little patience for him, and frankly has been pretty rude in our communications. I'm trying to advocate for my son without being labeled that parent. But I'm at a loss. How can I approach this in a way that supports my son, encourages some understanding from the teacher, and hopefully opens up a better line of communication. What are my options when a teacher just doesn't seem willing to accommodate or even understand.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't his shouldn't he already have some kind of like an IEP like what we have here.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that'd be, but some kind of accommodations already.
Speaker 3: That's my biggest special Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, like Jolie is technically in special ED for her dyslexia, and she within her special Ed, she has a IEP teacher that comes and meets with her. She also has or a language teacher as well that comes and pulls through out a class. Those times when it comes to pe, That's where I'm like, I don't know, I don't know that world. But I would say, first and foremost, ask for a meeting with the principal and sit down and get ahead of it. And and it kills me that she said that parent, because I'm like, you're already trying to label yourself as that when you're you are doing what you need to be doing and advocating for your son, who I believe it's a son son. Yeah, And that's exactly you should be that parents. It's not about being that parent, you are being a parent period. Like call a meeting, exactly, call me. I mean meetings I had with you know, Jolie's school, making sure everyone you know, and everyone was kind in those meetings and understood as I'm like bawling and sad, and it's like, you need to call a meeting for the principal. I shouldn't say you need to. What I would recommend is call the school, ask for a meeting with the principal vice principal and have that, you know, then maybe the next meeting, have them tell them what's going on, and then they can talk to the pe teacher and then you guys have another meeting where you sit down and you talk about, you know, how your son's feeling, how you're feeling, what can be done to accommodate because you can't treat them. This is going to sound. People are gonna get mad. At me for saying this, but it's true that let's just say my Jolie's situation. You can't treat Joli the same way as someone who doesn't have dyslexia. She fails miserably if she does not have the help right to help accommodate her. Someone with autism needs someone else to help them. You can't treat them the same. And I know people will be like that, but they're same, and maybe I'll get hate for that, but you can't.
Speaker 1: No, And that's why there's accommodations in the school systems, at least where we live, and I would assume there are accommodations.
Speaker 2: Where she lives as well if.
Speaker 1: Not, and I would get educated on that to see what her rights are and what the accommodation should be, because I can promise you this is probably not living up to what that is supposed to be. I mean there's laws for this and states. So yes, again, I don't know exactly what this pe teacher is going against, but there are things in place for this very reason. So meetings one hundred percent couldn't agree. And like you said, be that parent, be the parent, yeah, I mean, drop that and just be the parent, be the parent. I mean, at the end of the day, you're not gonna know these people for very long, but you're gonna have your child for the rest of their life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is good. Shake them because if they're if they're treating listen, this is and I feel really it actually made me sad. I just did a conference with Jace's teacher and he was reading in like the eighty six percentile. Jolie is at like the fifth like is she is if you're comparing the two. One has dyslexia, one does not right, And so you can't talk to them in the way like Jace's teacher was talking to me. The teacher that tells me Jolie's scoring and what she's doing has to come at it from a softer angle, knowing the stuff, the disability that she has within her learning that's right and she should not be made to feel stupid or unlike the other kids. So, you know, I think you have to have that that careful thing, because they're going to start if they feel any different, which they are, but if they feel that and internalize that, that is when the issue of them feeling I'm stupid, I'm you know, I'm I'm less than and then they're gonna then carry that into their adolescence and adulthood, and that's where it becomes a big problem. Absolutely, the people start into that. Yeah, ineg and yeah, those early years are just about confidence building anyways. He just needs to feel capable of whatever capacity that is for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, even when there's not a disability involved. All children are different, and it's a good teacher, a good coach, a good parent notices that every child is different and there are different Now, there might be standards you have to have MPE, but I still think that you can recognize when some people might not be able to meet those standards.
Speaker 2: Listening, it wasn't able to do the pull ups or whatever kind of rope in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to have the natural athlete exactly.
Speaker 2: All three of us will have different Absolutely, Yes, things we can do, you know, and we'd be great on the game show. And if it doesn't work out for this pe teacher, I know a children's museum that can hire high.
Speaker 3: We just came full circle, just ended with that.
Speaker 2: I was trying to say that about them being different, like absolutely, but I but I also like to devil's advocate that that's the problem. Then making them not feel.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where it gets tricky in the school system. But that's why this stuff is in place. There is a way to Yes, they have to be treated and you know, differently, but really it's just teaching differently. It's not treating differently. You're still treating them the same. But they have to have accommodations in place to help them out.
Speaker 2: And what are these ten commandments? That's what's crazy. There's like ten rules. I'm like, Okay, the dude was in your belly fy years ago. Let me just take the big old thing. What's that big thing? They do the best pop and popcorn? Yes, please, please.
Speaker 1: Please, please, though, look into what your states accommodations are because you're just now in kindergarten and this is going to get.
Speaker 3: So much more important as you.
Speaker 2: Please please do not feel bad for advocating for your child, and don't feel guilty, and don't let anybody you get right in there. Amen. Oh guys, we had a lot to say actually today who knew you started?
Speaker 3: And if we just can't.
Speaker 2: Stop ww find a yacht dot com
Speaker 3: B