Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Sloan. I just turned fifteen years old and I love the MBA. Today, on Sloan Nose, we have an MBA champion on Olympi and someone who is definitely not afraid to speak his mind. Let's give a warm Sloan nose. Welcome to Richard Jefferson. Hi, Richard, I'm outstanding. It's great to see.
Speaker 2: Great to be here. It's great to be here.
Speaker 1: So happy to be here with you. I couldn't be more thrilled.
Speaker 2: I would expect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this may make you not as thrilled.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you feel that your whole stint as a New Jersey net I was just not alive for well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's weird. It's now that I broadcast games for them. I have grown men coming up to me with their kids your age and saying, look at a picture of me when I was twelve. The dads are like, look at me when I was twelve with you in a jersey. And I look over and they're with their kid, and that kid has a beard. I'm like used to this now. I'm starting to grown a little bit more accustomed to.
Speaker 1: It because my dad and I were talking about you last night, and it's like funny because like I know you as like, you know, like a podcaster and a teak talker and like obviously an NBA player, but like more towards the later years, like on the cows and stuff. And then he's telling me about like all these glory stories with you and Vince, and I'm like what, Like, it's just it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It causes it causes actually causes some Internet like beef because you get people in the comments they're like, you sucked. I saw you play. You only average four points when you played for the Cavs. And then there's other people like listen, you know you idiots he used to Yeah, So it's it's I like it that that just even my existence causes people.
Speaker 1: To argue all NBA rookie second team right here.
Speaker 2: See I got one Rookie of the year.
Speaker 1: Let's go so lucky. I mean I have zero, So that's impressive. That's wow.
Speaker 2: I was. I was very very happy about that.
Speaker 1: Congrats. That's a big accomplishment than you. Also, I I've always been curious about this. Do you have like more of like maybe a spiritual connection to let's say ToJ Gibson or Alex Caruso just because you share that NBA baldness together, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, you know what. I feel like there is a bald brotherhood, but ultimately like there's like there's like a few different bald brotherhoods right there. There's like the bald Brotherhood of like, hey, we were bald early and this is just our book. And then there's the other one that we're just like, come over, come over to Bron Bron, you know, over there, all of you guys, come join us on the bald brotherhood. And they all eventually will and have and and and that's part of the fun.
Speaker 1: Todg Gibson is definitely part of that. Like I feel like they're like bald, look with the goggles. When I see that, I was like, the.
Speaker 2: Best thing that I like about is like people just see a light skin brother and they're like that is that Todd Gibson Or so I'll be walking to the airport and they'll be like dodge TODJ. And I'm like it's so cool because I can like actually ignore you because you're just calling to the wrong nav. You're not saying my name in the airport.
Speaker 1: The other day, I saw Lou do Wor and like it was it was just like it was weird, like an la X. I didn't think I was gonna see like an OKAC player, right, but if like I saw a Laker, like it would click a little bit. And I walked up to him, and I just think that like, out of all the people in the airport, he just didn't expect me to be the one to like walk up to him. And I was like, hey, Lou, and he like looked at me and he was like and I was like yeah, yeah, and he was just like looking around. It was it was funny references Lou Gwent's store full name.
Speaker 2: Did you ask in your podcast?
Speaker 1: No, I should. I actually my friend after was like you should walk back, and I was like it was already or really weird, and it was already. Yeah. He also well no, he was really nice, but he like I said to him, you should join the Warriors for no reason because like really love him, but like he probably shouldn't join the Warriors. Yeah, And I don't know why it just came out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Is that your favorite team?
Speaker 1: It is my favorite team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Well, given like your existence on this planet over that sheer time, the warriors have been Like.
Speaker 1: Maybe if I was born in two thousand and one when you were drafted, I would have been like a New Jersey Nets fan.
Speaker 2: But yeah, even then you would have been so you had been like seven or eight.
Speaker 1: I also like, why would I be in thats fan? Like, I'm just gonna be so honest.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Yeah, that's fair. I have no allegiance. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: We're talking a lot about h it seems to be an oncoming theme. Yes, I just turned fifteen, so this is my first podcast episode where I am fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody we get like, we get some like sounds like yeah it's needed.
Speaker 1: If you want to get me a gift like that would be good. No, I still think you should think that's fair. Yeah, okay, we'll think maybe for your birthday, I'll donate you some of this, some hair, lots of.
Speaker 2: Lots of love.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can trade. I can get like a nice podca I.
Speaker 2: Asked for, Like I looked into the locks of love and then I found out that they have much better causes than their male pattern bonded.
Speaker 1: So probably other people that need to kid use it a little bit more, so I know who you are now, okay. And I also, because I did my research, knew who you were back then. But I don't want to know that. I want to know who you were when you were fifteen.
Speaker 2: Me at fifteen, there's like some yeah, there's some therapy in there, there's some some honesty. Me at fifteen, I was just trying to figure it out. See, it's weird like everybody you know you see on TikTok where everyone's like the millennials at ninety five. Like in ninety five, I was fifteen years old. There were no cell phones, there were no communications. Your parents would kick you out of the house. I was just a loudmouthed kid. That just I'm being vulnerable here. I'm opening up to you in this time track. No, No, it's fine, we're exactly No. I was just a fun kid. I was very similar to you. So I wanted to talk to everybody. I wanted to know everything. I would immerse myself in basketball. I would watch videotapes and basketball games and go to the park for eight hours. It's really cool. And I'll compliment you for you to find something that you're actually truly interested in. And then you put the work towards it. You know, people ask me all the time, hey, do you want your kids to play basketball? Like, I don't care if my kids are good at basketball, good at soccer, if they want to play sports. The only thing that matters to me is if that's what they want to do, they approach it and push it passionately.
Speaker 1: I never knew you to be so inspiration.
Speaker 2: You know what. Every once in a while I like to keep people guessing the eight seconds later I'll say something extremely sarcastic and rude.
Speaker 1: Or maybe even really inappropriate, sitting here with a child, after you've given me.
Speaker 2: Like future on my best behavior.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay? So were you this tall at fifteen? Was the height situation?
Speaker 2: It was the exact same height I am right now at fifteen years I was probably about sixty pounds less. But when I was so I started my freshman year, I was probably like six one. Ended my freshman year at like six four.
Speaker 1: So were you fifteen as a sophomore?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I sold my birthday. My birthdays in June, so I turned was I was? I didn't turn twenty first birthday of summer. Shout out birthday kids, But my birth I didn't turn fifteen until basically my son you and Messy have.
Speaker 1: A birthday in the same week. Who knew two of the greatest of all time?
Speaker 2: Honestly, honestly, God was just like, you know what, We'll just sprinkle over there. You know, it's fine, But that was really that was really like I grew a bunch over like a one year span, and then all of a sudden I showed back up at like six foot five in Glendale, Arizona, and my high school coach was like, hey, Richard, you should really start taking this basketball stuff more serious. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And were you a Sun's fan or were you a Lakers fan or a Clippers fan?
Speaker 2: What was Lakers? I would say I was a Lakers fan. I grew up here. Wow as an La. Are you born and raised La?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I say I'm from San Francisco just because I'm not a Bandwagon fan. But then people think I am, so I'm like, oh, like my dad's from San Francisco, but he's not. He's from New York. I just want to just like it's okay.
Speaker 2: I've had those lies. Yeah, Like people look, I wear my watch on my right hand forever, and people are like, why are you doing you right? I was like, oh, and I make up a lie just because that's just what I want to do. Aspected that being said as a person born here in La I moved when I was younger. The fact that you like the Golden State Warriors and you were born and raised La girl, I respect it be different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, no, and you weren't different? Was you know?
Speaker 2: It was? I liked the Lakers and then I meant to Arizona. The Phoenix Suns were really really good because that's when they had like Charles Barkley, Yeah, Kevin Johnson. They had some really good players. So I like them, but I'm a Lakers fan.
Speaker 1: Do you have one of those like Suns jerseys where it was like fires.
Speaker 2: That purple one? Yeah. I was poor kid growing up, so I didn't have any jerseys. Don't feel bad. Don't feel bad. It's my cross the bear. Don't make a comment. Yeah I didn't. You know what, Those are the coolest jerseys, and I think they're doing those retro jerseys. They're they're doing those. I am so impressed with your knowledge of like random NBA stuff. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's nice that you say you're impressed. Most people would just call it sad.
Speaker 2: No. No.
Speaker 1: Like the other day, I asked my dad if I could get an addenda to Coompbo Greek Jersey and he was like sure, so cool, and I was like, no, I wanted Alex at there at a Combo Greece Jersey. And he was like oh and I was like yeah, And it was just awkward because it was like it was.
Speaker 2: Just Sae's the one yet yes I want.
Speaker 1: Alex and costofs like forget yan because.
Speaker 2: You know why no one else will have it?
Speaker 1: Oh you you no, Yes, that's the reason. I also okay, I was like doing a deep dive for a Jonathan Mingo Republic of Congo Jersey and they don't make those. I was really upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah they don't. It was really really that's the fact that you were upset is pretty It was you could you know what, there's a guy jersey champs, Jersey champs.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna listen, you wear this like.
Speaker 2: They have the most obscure jerseys, hockey jersey, pastball jerseys, all sorts of stuff. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna cop that. When you were fifteen, I know you didn't play as much au as other people. But do you play against any future NBA players.
Speaker 2: At fifty at that point time, I think the only one that I probably played with locally was probably Mike Bibbie and he was a few years older than me.
Speaker 1: But that's probably a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sacramento Kings like Bibby Jersey, But no that he was the only one where I grew up. And that's why basketball for me was such a random thing. When I started playing basketball at ten, eleven, thirteen, fourteen, there was I wasn't from LA or Chicago where they were like, hey, that guy made it or that guy was basically like, you want to play basketball? We hear people can go to the NBA. Yeah, I didn't really play against any real like future NBA guy, So I probably got to like sixteen or seventeen.
Speaker 1: And who is that?
Speaker 2: All of them? Really at that point in time, I all just well, it was like you all started competing. It doesn't matter if it was Matt Barnes or Carlos Boozer or you know, Shane Jay Williams all us please.
Speaker 1: Okay, so his sons are like the twins or like the top players in the class of twenty are they really? Yeah, and I would like love if you could set me up with one of them.
Speaker 2: You don't care which one, you just want one of them.
Speaker 1: I can't say if I have a preference that would be.
Speaker 2: So you're so smart. Yeah, yeah, it's like, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: So if a good word.
Speaker 2: I've known Carlos since.
Speaker 1: H he's a fellow bald NBA brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was very early. Also, he was one of the infamous Beijing. I never did the Beijing.
Speaker 1: Carlos and you want to bronze medal together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about that bronze medal all oftentimes sad, very sad. But you know what, if it wasn't for us, they would never be.
Speaker 1: But in the Jewish Junior Olympics, I wont a silver medal for girls soccer, so technically.
Speaker 2: But I had mine dipping gold. So mine's gold plated.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's cheating.
Speaker 2: So it's not technically cheating. It's just gold plated. It's still bronze at its core. Just it's gold.
Speaker 1: In my heart, I never knew you were a cheater like that. Interesting, I'm going to move on to you now so great or just in your NBA crew?
Speaker 2: Sure whatever?
Speaker 1: That fifteen year old.
Speaker 2: We don't care about him.
Speaker 1: That he was awesome though, sort of like, Okay, what was your welcome to the league moment?
Speaker 2: Oh? I had so many of them, I will say, so, do you remember Latrell's pree Well, I don't know why I'm asking fifteen year old this, but Latrell's Spreewell previously had been suspended a couple of years back for choking his coach. Oh, so he got suspended for choking his coach, And I will never forget this. My first year, I'm putting on a jersey. We're a preseason game and I'm sitting here and we're playing against the Knicks, and my coach is like, Richard, get in. You got Carrie walking into the game for the first moment. It's a preseason game. And no, no, no, we were in Connecticut because it was a preseason game Nets versus next preseason game. My first time putting on the jersey, first time going in the game, I'm coming off the bench to coach. He's like, go get Carrie kittles cool and I was like, who that got. He's like, you got Latrell'spreewell. And the first thing that popped in my head. I was like, the guy that choked his coach like that to me was wholly like, hoh, we're really I'm sorry for guessing, we're really doing that. So that was probably my first welcome to the NBA moment. And then my second one was the moment that I got to play against Michael Jordan, you know, because Michael Jordan came back those were the Wizard years and you're like, yep, I'm playing against mj This shit is real. I don't care if he's one hundred or if he's fifty or if he's twelve. I'm playing against Michael Jordan. This shit is strange.
Speaker 1: So that was it for me, so we know, welcome to the league moment. I have a question for you. So I've known come up with something called like a what the hell is my life come to? Moment? And like I was wondering, do you think when you like had that poster on Clay I think in those in the in the Christmas Jursey, Yes, yes, do you think that that was what the hell has happened to me? Moment? Because like that was later in your career and like that was his prime and then all of a sudden, He's like, shoot, Richard Jefferson, just like put me on a poster like this is so awkward.
Speaker 2: And the best part about is that I had Clay. I played with Clay when he was a rookie in Golden State. I'm a former Warrior. That's I know, Like, listen, she is good. People like just like this is impressive off the top. Yeah, those are the moments that like in the NBA, especially happened later in my career, Like I went to two finals early, didn't think I was ever going to go again. I just loved the game of basketball, wanted to keep playing and competing. Got very, very fortunate to be in a process, and all of a sudden, fifteen years later, I'm back in the NBA Finals and it's like, what does my life become? How am I still here? And so to dunk on Clay. The best part about dunking on Clay is that we ended up going to the scorer's table like a little bit later again, and he just looked at me and was just like, anybody but you, anybody but you, And.
Speaker 1: I was like the hell out that moment, you know what.
Speaker 2: That actually makes me feel better that you wished it wasn't me. That made me feel better. I get that.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twelve to twenty thirteen, when you were a Warrior, I believe that that was the first year that Steph, dray and Clay played together. Could you see the dynasty coming or it wasn't clear?
Speaker 2: No, it was not so the first I think that was the first year. So I think that was the lockout year.
Speaker 1: Maybe Tramon was drafted in twenty eleven. I think that must have been the first.
Speaker 2: Draymond. No, so Draymond was drafted in twenty eleven. So I showed up at twenty ten after the lockout. That was Clay's rookie year. Steph was hurt when I got there. The next year is when they drafted Harrison. They drafted uh and Raymond. So then that was the first year I saw a special I didn't know what it was. He broke the record that year, the first time he broke the NBA three point record, and it was like he did it with such ease, and it was like he hadn't even pushed himself to the wall. But that was the first year Steph was becoming Steph. Thirteen or twelve twelve, because that was the year they beat they beat They beat Denver in the first round, lost to the first Then they lost to the Clippers. Next year, sood first year they didn't make the Pope postseason. Next year they won the first round, lost in the second round. Next year they lost the Clippers. They fired Mark Jackson that summer they brought in Steve. Then they won championship, final, championship.
Speaker 1: We know the rest.
Speaker 2: I just like that, Yeah, she's not the only one that knows.
Speaker 1: Bunch of stuff, y'all, okay, but like that's Commons that's coming in.
Speaker 2: That's like not everyone, no, but thank you.
Speaker 1: You're so inclusive. And do you think that, like Steph is the best shot of all time because of you, your leadership, one thousand to the go ahead, Like come on, why would it be del? Like why would it be Del? It would be you?
Speaker 2: Honestly, when I look at the encouragement that I've given him over the years, and like I don't want credit. I think we have an unspoken thing when it's a very unspoken thing when we see each other that like Richard, like I would not be the person I am without your leadership in your.
Speaker 1: Tea, I just thought of something and like, you has to tell me this is real. So you know, Steph broke the record in Madison Square Garden, in the Mecca where you're most hated. Do you think that he was doing that as like a shout out to you, being like, this is for you, Richard, Like I couldn't because he could have broken it before he was in a slump. But maybe it was on purpose to wait for the game against the Knicks to be like this is for you Richard.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what what I like to say is that, like I like to say that I encouraged him in that moment and I was just like, hey, listen, I know of all this stuff going on, you go out there and you do this for yourself. I gave him one of those like Rocky speeches. Rocky was a movie that came out in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if you're a familiar, because Michael B. Jordan was in like the New Rocky and so like, Michael B. Jordan come on, so like that's so then I so then I had to be like, oh, why.
Speaker 2: Rocky, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh, yeah, he knows Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan. So that's fair. Okay, so you do no Rocky, but that's what I was saying. I gave him kind of a Rocky go get him speed, and he was like, Richard, I'm gonna do this for you. That's what he said. So sweet. I know he's adorable. You know, he probably said it to nine other people. He was probably visiting hospitals.
Speaker 1: And saying it to all the kids.
Speaker 2: So it was just like he was just I think.
Speaker 1: It's carrying Fosse puppies.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was amazing, Like it was just the things that he does. It's some perfect guy, perfect.
Speaker 1: Guy of him. So you were drafted thirteenth overall. Now people say thirteenth is an not unlucky number.
Speaker 2: But it's my lucky number, as it should be.
Speaker 1: Do you think that being drafted thirteenth overall made your career lucky or.
Speaker 2: Unlucky, very lucky? I could not. When you say, like, what the hell has my life become? Or that like what is my life woman? Yes, it was all up to thirteen thirteen. I got drafted in the right place to play with the perfect players, to play on the perfect team. Everything was like I could not have dreamed. There was not a team a situation I would have rather gone to than one that I went to. So I think it was the luckiest number that I've ever had. On top of the fact, when you look at like thirteen, look we get it. Number one picks number five. Thirteen is one of the most random numbers you have. Donovan Mitchell, Kobe Bryant, you know, the late great you know so so Tyler Hero another one. You know, Tyler Hero.
Speaker 1: It's just funny because you're like Kobe Bryant, Tyler Hero. I love Tyler.
Speaker 2: There's a fraternity. We were the middle of the path, we were in the like, you know, we're in the middle of the past, and we found our way out. So it was like there's a there's a little bit of a brother out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: You and Kobe, Kobe, you guys, Kobe, we're so similar. That's a trio.
Speaker 1: Stephen A. Smith, I'm really you. I'm actually gonna change that. Cut that out. Richard Jefferson is known for some crazy to m M. They're hot, they're hot. But oh, Richard, here we go. Have you ever seen a take hotter than Kelly? You'r dge and you know you haven't. No, you haven't. I mean those green eyes, those tattoos, that bleef blond hair. No takes are that hot. But we're gonna go out there with some takes that are going to be so hot. It's gonna be like Kelly Ridge. I know it's tough.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is tough, but I think we can do it.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe you, thank you, and I and I believe in you, and I believe in Kelly. And I know a lot about Kelly Man that that's a gorgeous guy. That is a gorgeous guy. I love him. I just love that guy. Okay, beautiful. I just when I think about him, it's just like be.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about Kelly. I get I could take it.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining him in that show.
Speaker 2: Okay, one day you'll interview him. It's going to be great. I want to watch that. I want to see that.
Speaker 1: No, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to focus. It's gonna be so hard. I'm just gonna be like staring at his eye.
Speaker 2: But that's the Yeah, that's why I want to laugh about Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Okay, let's go which NBA player is the best dressed.
Speaker 2: Currently currently best dressed. That's a tough one because these bad boys are bringing out all the stops. I don't I don't know who I like, and I'm supposed to do quick fire and I'm sitting out going down the down the list of guys best dressed. Let's go with Kelly Obray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's there's so many guys I like Poppy.
Speaker 1: Two words Poppy?
Speaker 2: Is that is that a thing? That's that's his nickname? Okay, Tsunami Poppy, Okay, just dripping beautiful dress. Okay, I got.
Speaker 1: Which NBA player currently has the best shoe game? So I like to say this every time. But if you don't say p J. Tucker, I just think you're just trying to be different.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. Like, yeah, I was going to throw him in the best dress because I was going to add his shoe game Justice Clean. But yeah, his shoe game is like, that's the that's the same.
Speaker 1: He's not Poppy. He's not listen, no one is no one is not even Champagne Poppy.
Speaker 2: Don't tell him that. Don't tell him that. He'll start singing Drake. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not as beautiful but close close, But no one, No one's like this to not me. Okay, who is the funniest NBA player? I knew this one was going to get you going because I know what you want to.
Speaker 2: Say, like people that I had played against, or just just go current current. Okay, listen, I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: Some people I still say against I was alive.
Speaker 2: Tim Duncan is one of the funniest players and teammates I've ever had. Currently currently, I'm gonna say this, there's two Klay Thompson and Anthony Edwards. Anthony Edwards, he just some of his interviews are is so funny. But Clay Thompson. No one has a better time than Clay. No one has a better time than Clay. He's on his boat, he's got his dog. You never know what he's gonna say. He just takes his boat out. But Clay, to me is when I say funniest, He's just one of those guys that like is super funny but doesn't know why he's funny.
Speaker 1: He's just flew off on the boat like that was like, yeah, that was like life being funny to him. I don't really think he was the one Anthony Edwards is like good at being funny, good at being funny, Like it seems like he's been like I feel.
Speaker 2: Like he named his dog like Junior, right like Anthony Edwards Junior. He already named his dog that, and you're just like good for you, yeah.
Speaker 1: So good and or like when he did his top five players of all time and he like was like myself.
Speaker 2: Like that he should he should believe that. But no one has more fun than Clay, and Clay has fun good for him?
Speaker 1: Which NBA player currently is the most overrated?
Speaker 2: Most overrated?
Speaker 1: The nice thing about you is I know you're gonna answer.
Speaker 2: Answer most over aid player. That's a good one. I'm gonna say this Zion Williamson. And I'm not gonna like go at Zion from that standpoint, but I want Zion to earn the greatness that he is entitled to. So he's got all the attention, all the love, and it's like, my thing is this, when the facts change, so will my opinions. So that means he could go on and they will change one hundred percent believe in him. But right now, the attention that he gets, the love that he gets, and he's been injured unfortunately in some other stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't get a lot of love.
Speaker 2: He actually right, So this is not hate. This is more of saying like, hey, hey, all the dunks, all that stuff is great when we are in the business of getting paid to win and perform. If you're not winning and performing, then then criticism is going to come. So I believe he will improve. But right now I think he would be the most overrated.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think that that's understandable. Let's look at us, let's go I mean, if he wants to go out there and be as good as he has the potential to be, he has to go out there. He needs to really perform like we know he can. He's the youngest starting All Star ever, but he needs to really be that bad dude.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, give me sixty five games. Give me sixty five games this year. Take your team to the postseason. I will shut my mouth, salute you, and say you deserve on the All NBA team currently right now I need more from you, og, Yeah, thank you for that. This is my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen. Yeah, I'm sure, I mean, I'm sure he's like sitting comfortably in the mansion right now. But like if he'll he'll he'll be fine no matter what.
Speaker 2: Most underrated, most underrated, ooh, this is a good one. I think. I think Chris Middleton. I'll say Chris Middleton. And the reason why I say Chris Middleton is because we know he's a champion, we know he's an All Star. But I think you greatly underestimate his importance to a championship team. Last year, if they would have had him, I think they would have repeated his champions in my opinion, Yes, the Golden State Warriors. It would have been a good one. It would have been a good battle. Would But I think Chris Middleton is so important to the success of Yannis because Jannis might be shack. Chris Middleton kind of fills in the gaps, very similar to how Kobe would. And I think like he's just one of those guys that if he would have been healthy and their team is healthy, he is so they like they took him to seven, They took the Boston Celtics to seven without him, Yeah, and it's just like if he would have been there, they would have won. They Yeah, they would have won in five or six.
Speaker 1: Feel he's properly rated, though, see because he's been an alser maybe like four or few or four times many times where you're sort of like, huh, how did he get there?
Speaker 2: I think the underrated part is I don't think people understand why, why and how good he is. It's like, oh, he's one of the top thirty players in the part.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: You don't know, but he's like he's one of the top thirty players in the league. But like his importance level is probably closer to top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh top ten.
Speaker 2: What importance? And that means that like if Chris Middle and Giannis and those guys are healthy, then he'll then you start to see, like he closes the games, he makes the late game plays, he does all of that stuff. And Giannis is just that monster that does everything else. He is a monster. He's so good.
Speaker 1: Which NBA player is the best singer?
Speaker 2: Ooh? Any of these guys get any talent? I don't know. They're all rapping now. Everybody's got there, everybody's got their own.
Speaker 1: Like Victor Oladipo's actually no, he was on the mass singer and he like almost won, Like he's actually really good singer. I can see that he is real talent I can see.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't get that far right with some of the guys's extracurriculars. But there are no because it's like there's four hundred and fifty players, there's going to be one hundred percent of guy that can play instruments, play music, that can play other sports play. I can see Oladipo being a great singer. Yeah, I got no issue with that. It's him. He's the best singer, best singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Victor, you you got so proud of him. Now we're going on to another segment called Muggsy or Minute. So we know Muggsy Bogues you're player ever insulting, but yes.
Speaker 2: You're young, you're still growing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I know. I was just giving you a little I was just trying to I was just trying to like help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and then New Bowl tallest NBA player of all time on the same team.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wizards, Bullets, bullets. You know, I don't want to bullets. You know it's not going to bring you know, I was going to say Indians, I was gonna say Guardians. You know, see.
Speaker 1: Getting controversy controversial.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like I just was saying the current team name versus that's not like.
Speaker 1: Is bullets really like that controversy?
Speaker 2: Well, when they had the highest rate and crime rate, it.
Speaker 1: Was kind of like they're like, maybe we should change.
Speaker 2: Like it's kind of awkward bullets. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: You could also get another way with like presidents being assassinated with there's.
Speaker 2: A lot we don't need bullets, you know, as Guilbert.
Speaker 1: But like this is getting awkward too. Wow, I need to get out of this. Okay, now, let's just go go go fast. We're a talk.
Speaker 2: I don't care how long this thing takes. I'll stay here all day.
Speaker 1: Let's go MJ or Kobe, last shot j Lebron James on the Calves or Lebron James on the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Oh, Calves, second stint, Calves.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're giving you credit.
Speaker 2: Second stint, Calves. Okay, I'll do this. First stint Miami. He was the most physically.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, never.
Speaker 1: Lakers or Clippers.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the Lakers town.
Speaker 1: I don't know this season.
Speaker 2: That was the answer. Final answer, Lakers.
Speaker 1: Playing basketball or reffing basket.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, playing basketball will never read I'm a terrible.
Speaker 1: You really are rams? Are Cardinals?
Speaker 2: Oh what? Ramsay? Because you for you?
Speaker 1: Why because when you were born in LA, they weren't they were in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is why. Because when I moved to Arizona, the Cardinals were trashed for like a decade, and I was like, I hate them. So then I always said, the first team that moves back to LA will be my team. That's gonna be my football team. Because I didn't like the Cardinals, and then I just didn't have a team. I'd support it.
Speaker 1: Now you could like, but now I know, screw the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: I love the Rams. That is my team. I went to the Super Bowl, went to the Let's Go Together. That's cute. Yeah, so awesome, Great, it's so much fun.
Speaker 1: Do you sometimes remind me of a teenage girl?
Speaker 2: Me? Yeah, I have a lot of that vibe. That's why all the teenage boys like to follow me.
Speaker 1: But also your like comedy is like a teenage boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Instagram or TikTok TikTok easy easy.
Speaker 2: That's also you.
Speaker 1: Only post tiktoks on Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I post. I used to try and post Instagram. But I'm not gonna like that's not for me.
Speaker 1: It's all about TikTok Steph or Magic Magic And that's.
Speaker 2: No disrespect Steph. That's fine. You could be mad. People were trying to say, oh.
Speaker 1: After all this, come on, people say this fourth ring though I don't even want to.
Speaker 2: I love Steph, Like I said, I don't think that there is a better because I love this game so much, like I like, I love it like to my core, and so I love people that represent the game the right way, and there is not a better representative on this planet than Steph. And I stand that with Lebron. I think Steph has done so much for this game. I think Bron all these guys, but Steph. Yes, he's that dude. Magic Johnson though, like we forget that this league almost was like about to like fold and not even exist, and Magic was one of those guys that has changed it. Yes, but so did Magic Johnson. So did Magic Johnson, So Didareem adul Jabbar so like, and so did Shaquille O'Neil. So obviously from from a standpoint, but this is a quick history lesson. Everyone says that Steph changes the game. That is true, he did change the game, but that implies that he's the only person to ever change the game over the course of basketball history. Shack. They had to literally change the equipment for Shack. He was that physical, that strong, Magic Johnson. There had never been a six to nine point guard ever done anything that really saved the game. Him and Larry Bird known as saving the game. Kareem adul Jabbar. They wouldn't allow him to dunk the basketball because it was too easy. That's why he created the skyhook. Because they outlawed dunking. They made a rule that said you couldn't dunk. That's the definition of changing the game. So when people talk about Steph changing the game, there's a history of players being so impactful and Steph belongs to I'm such a nerd, such a nerd. That's why I like that you were a nerd.
Speaker 1: I was like, she's I am sort of as.
Speaker 2: You're such a nerd. That's why I can spot, but I like cover it up.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just like are proud of all at.
Speaker 2: This point in time. It's like I'm forty two there, I have no other skills. I'm like, yeah, I'm a basketball nerd. Yeah, I love it. It's whatever. It's not just a little bit it is. It's not even a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of It's a lot of it. I don't know if you're like a soccer fan here, Okay, but Rinaldo or Messy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna say Ronaldo really why, I don't know. I like I look, I know Messi's a stud and a little guy. But I like the athleticism because to be big and strong and skilled impressive. But yeah, you know, I don't want to know. But Ronald, I like, Christiano's story is really really cool and he has He's that dude? Is that dude?
Speaker 1: Okay, we ended it on this.
Speaker 2: There we go. I'm nervous. I feel like this would be a drum roll? Can you guys dr drum roll on post? All right? Doris Burke or me Doris? And that's not even a question. But Doris is amazing and you should get Doris to sit right here. Doris is the godmother of basketball. Like, think about that godmother of basketball. She'll you call her for advice, She'll give you advice and she'll shoot you straight. She'll give you some love, she'll give you some some hugs. She'll give you some shut the hell ups. She'll She is one of the most amazing people that I've ever met in this industry by far, and you should get to know her.
Speaker 1: And I'm also one of the most amazing people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I said you should get to know where to you like amazing you clearly, Doris Burke. You should get her in this seat, Doris Dori.
Speaker 1: Someone's sitting the seat the two best it's number one and number two.
Speaker 2: What's a baby goat called?
Speaker 1: I think a baby goat?
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's like, what is the what is the what is a baby horse called?
Speaker 1: Opponent?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Wait, no, no, that's a long word. No ponies, just a small horse. I don't know what it's.
Speaker 2: Called, but there is. But there is like half No, that's a cow woman.
Speaker 1: I've ever known a woman before. That's it feel so big?
Speaker 2: Were you're fifteen? You're fifteen? Yeah? Wow? Cool?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, all right, yeah, okay, good yeah, bye bye. Thank you so much for listening to this episode of Sloan Notes with me and Richard Jefferson, the NBA player with the worst tattoo ever. If you want to see more videos of Richard and I make sure to follow Sloan notes on TikTok and Instagram. Blown has me, by the way, M