Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts Darry Church, Heckma Harrison and New. He scrugs. Hello, everybody.
Speaker 3: You are in the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 2: Thank you for stopping on by.
Speaker 3: We are here at the SWVC podcast studios at the Star Frisco quarters of the Dallas Cowboys Cowboys. Maharrison here in the house, and I am New.
Speaker 2: He scrugs. All right, we have the news.
Speaker 3: What's popping. Doc Prescott is going to have hamstring surgery. His season is going to be open.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it. I hate to see it. So no, DAK number four is done. He's afore the season. This is why you signed those long term deals, my friends. One hundred percent, one hundred percent. Get your money while you can. Man, never pass up a dime either. I don't go. Nobody tells you, yeah, you're making all this money off the field. Take a little. No discounts, man, none at all.
Speaker 4: You gotta get all your money's while you can. The NFL stands for not for long. So get your bread man, and he got two thirty one guaranteed. I think that's something ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Arty, get it all more than Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that, Like I agent.
Speaker 3: I don't need a million more, sir, Yeah, hey got them tell me these agents. These agents are always trying to make sure they look good because if you don't, okay that it gets.
Speaker 2: Used against you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I need one million more than him, and with all due respect, he's definitely worth a million more than de Sean.
Speaker 2: Watching man, You seen that guy playing man?
Speaker 4: Oh all right, j Bo Whiston coming out there looking better man, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, all right thoughts now, I mean it just sucks to see a season in like that.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 6: You don't want to see obviously, with the struggles that he was having, the team was having, offense was having before the connection between him and Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 2: It just didn't want to see him go out like that. Obviously.
Speaker 6: When you talk about from a player, you're talking about from security standpoint. There are guys out here that are on one year deals that if they get injured, that there's a gray area on what they're gonna do next, you know. And I still am one of those people when I think about Dak in the season and how it obviously transpired with him signing the deal, I felt like Dak would have been good no matter what, just because of how the quarterback market is right now. Everybody would have been able to look at this team and go that just the offensive line, that just wouldn't have been it. But you still know what's in the tank for Dak. Me for me, man, I want to see the next version of Dak. I want to see Dak come back, and this is gonna be crazy. Coming back from a hamstring injury, a lot more mobile, a guy that can extend plays with his legs. He's gonna need that. He's going to need to have that. The NFL is going in that direction. You're gonna have to be able to move the pocket. Those are some of the things I think as the season went on, you was just like, come on, Dak, you can run for three You could do this or move the pocket if the offensive line is struggling. He was already We came into the season knowing that he needed to make those short area throws, a close proximity throws, man, throwing guys open, you know, being able to have touched on the ball. I know, guys going to the offseason, they go and they work with gurules and training little camps and stuff like that. Get in that camp, man, start working like that because as guys age, as you've seen guy's age, they bring on certain other aspects of their game. Certain things have to be there. Touch on the ball, throwing guys open, things like that. Dak just needs to get better at that. I mean, he's been in the league for a very long time to nine years. Just there's still room for improvement, right and there's still things that this offense is gonna need from Dak. And as far as that's concerned, it's going to be his legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 4: Using the legs, you know, being able to throw into those type winds because as we see, you know, this season, you know, receivers weren't able to get as much separation as we see in the years past.
Speaker 2: So for me, you know, I just want that to get you.
Speaker 4: Know, back to making better decisions with the football. You know, we go back a couple of years ago, led the league intercessions with fifteen he corrected all of that last year, came back second in the MVP voting. You know, with the season he had out there taking care of the football, and you saw what the record was when he was able to do that another twelve and five season playoff birth. So I want him to get back to that taking care of the football, making better decisions out there. But once again, that comes along with having better offensive line, having a more balanced attack with the run game.
Speaker 2: But for me, you know, this season, man.
Speaker 4: It's ear really, ear really similar to that twenty fifteen year that I was a part of the year before Dak came here, when we started out to and oh but we lost Romo in the second game versus Philly, and from there on it was one of the biggest kids in Dallas Cowboys history. I mean it was tough. It was tough man, going from Castle to Kellen Moore to who else to be.
Speaker 2: Wheaton was in there. We started before Castle. Yeah, we trained for Castle. Castle came in there.
Speaker 4: We thought we had a shot and you know, literally did we know we had no shot at all?
Speaker 2: But you know, it made it extremely tough because.
Speaker 4: Because we knew we had the squad, you know, we had a squad. We had guys in their prime radar role. We just didn't have that guy at the helm to be able to get the job done. But to me, this is where your leaders. You gotta step up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta make sure that you know, you keep everybody locked in defensively, offensively special teams because it's gonna get tough. It's gonna get tough, especially with the first play schedule. Schedule get doesn't get easier. So you're gonna go in the games massive underdogs, and we just need those leaders that when things aren't going right, when you know you got a couple of big plays defensively, offensive, struggling out there. I just don't want to see this team fall, you know, shambles. You know, get the leaders in there, make sure everybody's doing the same thing together. But it's gonna be tough, and it reminds me of twenty fifteen. Man, that was a tough year.
Speaker 3: So gentlemen, I'll pushback on what you said just this way. You've talked about the offense, but who knows what offense they'll be running next year and who'll be the offensive coordinator and who will be the head Coachman right now, true, we don't know.
Speaker 2: We don't know, so hey, but I tell you what, I'm sure they have.
Speaker 6: The front office has some idea and they obviously whoever comes in will have to have an idea about who Dak is.
Speaker 2: That's this is the future. This is the guy that they was it two hundred and thirty one man one guaranteed. I mean, that's already on the books. He's it.
Speaker 6: He's it, no matter what you say, no matter what you do. So you're going to have to have a guy that understands how he plays, what he does, what's his strengths, what's his weaknesses. You can't come in with some exotic offense thinking that he No, that's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna work either. You like to think that, Oh absolutely I would.
Speaker 3: But at one point in time, Jerry hired Chan Gaily, who was trying to tell Troy Aitman to run his offense, and then Troy saw Jerry chand admitted later on I.
Speaker 2: Probably should have just had should have done with Troy asked for I mean.
Speaker 3: So so you say that, but you know what the coaches made. These coaches get.
Speaker 6: They getting their own way a lot, no matter what they do, no matter how they handle it. This next phase is going to have to come with the running game. You're gonna have to be able to hand that ball off to somebody that you're confident in. Right now, they have zero confidence in their running back room.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Jerry today? Oh no, what my man's talking about? Jerry confidence and Zeke Elliott. You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 4: Waight away, Well, like like going forward for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Like he's going to be the league guy making me go in here and after after getting disciplined and then coming back and fumbling it on the goal line.
Speaker 2: Been about, you know, averaging a half a yard, that's what.
Speaker 6: That's what. Don't rock the boat. Don't rock the boat, baby, don't rock the boat.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones, one of five three. The fan said he is still seeing positive things from Zeke.
Speaker 3: You're Elliott quote. We're not living in the past with Zeke end quote.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, I get it. We're not living in the He ain't what he used to be. We don't live there no more. We're going forward with the baddest man on the planet.
Speaker 2: He was twenty sixteen. Well, it's back in the game. But what is he giving you your team this year?
Speaker 4: Like what is he giving to you know, have faith that he can be you know, some sort of you know, productivity on his office, short yard is he ain't it? Goal line back, he ain't it receiving all the backfield that's not doing it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't play specialty. You don't want to give guys like Duce an opportunity to see.
Speaker 4: Man, maybe you know, if he comes out here and performans we could use him in the future, or if he doesn't, we know, hey, all right, well that was the Duce package question.
Speaker 6: My question is a lot of times, man, these things that you're seeing in practice, you don't come out with anything a package or saying this is something that we because at this point there's no harm in getting a look at those young guys I have. I have no problem with saying, let's see what he has. Let's give him, you know, five to six plays that we know that we could capitalize on with him at this point, like looking just going back to just going back to Sunday, that fumble down on the goal line was critical. Itok, at a critical point of the game. We talk about the competitive phase of the game. Those that's when we your leaders, your dogs, the guys that you want to get behind. You need them to play as big as possible in those moments. Man, that fumble, Man, it basically stamped for me what you've been thinking about this team the entire season. Like if it's not for the penalties, it's the turnovers, it's you can't get out of your own way, and you get a drive when you finally start to see some life from Cooper Rush to me that was the drivers.
Speaker 2: Like okay, cool, all right, baby, you know.
Speaker 6: We starting to see you completing passes, the running game is starting to come together, You're starting to string some first downs in there.
Speaker 2: Finished this drive off, you know how?
Speaker 6: You know how bad this team has been in the red zone the last thing that you could possibly do. And not saying that it did any of this on purpose, but I'm just saying, like, this is where you gotta have it. And so many times you look around the league at guys are the veterans that right now that have an impactful seasons When you got to have it, time, proof and consistency, you could trust that they will get into the end zone, or at the least they won't cough it up.
Speaker 3: And to quote Master Yoda from start wars duel. This is why you fail.
Speaker 2: This is why you feel. Here it goes again, that's what you're saying. Here it goes again. That's where they're at.
Speaker 3: And with the quarterback being gone for the rest of the season, so take that out. Will Greer is going to be on the practice squad. So there's your third quarterback.
Speaker 2: Grier made it back for he's still getting them.
Speaker 4: You need to be a quarterback, come on play for fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Man Jerry Jones said, don't be surprised if Mike McCarthy employees a package with Trey Lance to give him some opportunities and give opponents something to think about. McCarthy didn't say that yesterday. Jerry also said Cooper Rush gives them the best best chance to win as the starter. So once again, coach Jones said, you know, working on things.
Speaker 4: Do believe that Cooper Rush gives you the best opportunity. Like you know, the slim is an opportunity as it is, he gives you the best one. The Trey Lance thing, you know what, the defense is gonna be all right, He's in there to do a read option, but there's no threat of him pushing the football down the field, So you know, to me, what is that You're gonna get down to the reizon and say, all right, Trey Lance package.
Speaker 2: Time and then that slows the momentimum the offense. You need to know what you've got.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: They know what that man is. Man, y'all, y'all all know what that man is. We know both of them are. We all know we know both of them are.
Speaker 3: But I mean, for forty five yards passing for Cooper Rush, there was a whole section of fans on social media who thought, oh, Dak's gonna wat you watch Cooper Rush can do it here.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Of people who really had drunk themselves into this line that they thought, man, Cooper can do what Dak does and Cooper Rush is five to one. There were people that then they saw, no, man, he's he this is he's a quarterback is not a magician. Trey Lance, in my opinion, because Mike has said he needs to play football. To me, at this point in time, you got to start asking yourself, who do we need on this team in twenty twenty five And what.
Speaker 2: Tape can I get if Mike McCarthy's not here?
Speaker 3: What kind of tape can I have of guys so my new coaches can look.
Speaker 6: At that's for everybody. That's literally for everybody. And you're big on guy's history, and a guy like Cooper Rush has already shown you and clutch times. He could come in and get.
Speaker 2: You some victories.
Speaker 6: Riding him for the rest of the season. Seven eight games may not be heavantageous the best thing to going, but at least you would say he can get us three of those. He could get it whatever, right, But it's your deficiencies. It's the things that you don't have. You don't have a running game. You're gonna ask him to back up and throw the ball like whatever the game plan was for Cooper Rush, we're scrapping it. We tear that up, we're throwing that out. We're coming in with a whole nother thing on that one throw to the hunter lypiya. I know he was on the run. He threw it and he dirted the ball right right in front of the hundred like what.
Speaker 2: I've been used to seeing from Cooper Rush.
Speaker 6: And I've asked other people like, wait a minute, I thought Cooper Rush had a little bit more of an arm than that to be able to complete those passes.
Speaker 2: Like, if we win, we already knew you.
Speaker 6: Gotta go quick game because you know the pressure they go, So let's go quick on those long passes. I mean those passes literally had no way that they were going to be completed. So what else can you go to when when you're third, when you're fourth, when you're tight end, when nobody has that communication between Cooper Rush or at least that confidence back up the backup quarterback still does work with the third and fourth guys, right, those are his those are his guys in life on the ball. So so like you see that connection between Dak and the guys that he work out with at in the backyard, you.
Speaker 2: Know, who are his guys? I mean, is that is that fair? That's fair?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: I'm just saying if we were talking about CD, CD probably did not catch one ball from Cooper Rush because he was trying to be on the same page with Dak.
Speaker 2: Who are the guys that was with with Coop Brooks about it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: So what I was told yesterday, I was there for the press conferences, and Shottenheimer talked and and and McCarthy talked, and then you know, you you talk to the other people there, the BDA, just folks who haven't understanding and some of the Cowboys, UH broadcast team. What I kind of took from it is Cooper Rush will be their starting quarterback through things giving got the short turn you know, short turnover, we got Monday, they got short term all this. Hey, look, it's probably gonna be a Cooper Rush and then after that, probably come December, probably gonna go to Trai LANs in terms of you need to put off what can he do?
Speaker 2: Can he get any better?
Speaker 3: Put it all out there, and then you've got your story because you're gonna know what Cooper Rush is. If you're going into December and if the ship continues to sink where it is, you need to figure it out. Can't can he get anybody? Is there any hope? And if it's not, then you move on. But you at least need you pay five million dollars. You can't pay five million dollars at this point in time, have a losing season not at least do your diligence to find out what can this kid processing do?
Speaker 4: And don't get that from from a front office standpoint, and us over here talking as a media we all understand. It's all about what can you do for the future and making sure you know you got the guys that you need to keep this this team going, you know in twenty five. But from a player standpoint, those guys like you said on those one years, those guys that are looking to get paid, you want to maximize your opportunity and are you going to be able to do that with Trey Lance at the quarterback position?
Speaker 2: What they're doing now, I mean, that was what it was. One game was one game versus a top heafense. It was one game versus a.
Speaker 3: Every game they every home game they played to be down twenty I understand, I understand.
Speaker 4: But if you if you, if you Ferguson and you're like, man, look I gotta start balling you.
Speaker 2: I gotta have it. I gotta have some guys like we gotta we gotta some guys, and we had the game against Baltimore. He could have done something. He could That's true, go get something. He he looking at that trade, lad like this.
Speaker 4: Dude ain't gonna give me no He's gonna go through one read and start taking off You.
Speaker 2: You were in this position for a reason. You was a part of it. That's true. I get it.
Speaker 6: I get it, but I'm just from a players that but you go, black man, We're gonna let's not fight amongst each other, brothers, because because it was seventeen seventeen to twenty nine for forty five yards. All right, let's go back to the crime scene. Let's go back. Let's go back. Because everything that you're talking about, the whole offense couldn't have expected that output. Even if Trey Lance has started, you couldn't have expected that output. That was bad, man, that was bad. Let's get a break, Let's fight amongst each other. It's a Tuesday. Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Michael Parson's addresses comments on this podcast. Jerry Jones addresses comments. Mike McCarthy spoke to the media about Michael Parson's comments. We'll discuss the comments next.
Speaker 2: Barry Chech Maharrison.
Speaker 3: This is a players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. Come on, Mike Tyson, Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here, sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme. Because Seo Games developed by Aristocrat A. Proun, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 10: Prescott kitts.
Speaker 2: It slides with a first.
Speaker 9: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right now. Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus, Because every deal needs a playmaker. Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all Dallas Cowboy content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcast docuseries like Blue Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 2: All Right, he appreciate you. Heck Maharrison and we got buried Churchill Struggs.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are going to take on the Houston Texans Monday night, Chris Beam, producer, Chris, is it the Governor's cup?
Speaker 2: Is that on the line for this one? Here? Do we know governors? Yeah, there's some kind of trophy man, something like that. Yeah, man, you think we hand out that trophy anymore? Yeah? I said, I played again. We ain't get no trop trophy. That that's probably when the oilers. No, no, it was the Texans because it was McNair and all that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: Okay, we must have got lost lost.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, all right. So Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: Still reeling from Sunday's comments that he basically said he what wasn't really worried about he coach Mike McCarthy felt bad more so for veterans like Zach Martin is like, you know, Zack Martin's done more than Jerry Jones. And so got played up a lot. Man, He got beat up pretty good nationally. And he went on his podcast and he went and said, you know, I did not mean that at all. It was taken out of context what he tried to say. Mike McCarthy's opening question. He was asked by David Moore, than Dallas want to use yesterday?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the comments for Parsons? What happened?
Speaker 3: And Mike went out of his way let us know. I went spoke to him, we spoke his men, okay, and we're fine. So that's what That's what Mike McCarthy had to say. Jerry Jones on his radio show today, Jerry said, quote, do you think I have ever had anything that I probably said said it in that way that ninety nine percent of the time people would interpret it. But it was a whoops, and I didn't mean it to sound that way. I've had that happen a lot, as you well know. So he's saying, man, not worried about he spoke to everybody and buys all good that there's no problem. Shannon Sharp tore up Michael Parsons this morning on ESPN, where he said, Hey, you said it, take accountability for it.
Speaker 2: You said what you said.
Speaker 3: You were good until you went into the part about Mike McCarthy in question his work ethic, which is when we talked about yesterday. I'm like, that's when you brought the log to the fire. You did, never bring the law to them, like you said everything you did without questioning Mike McCarthy and Michael Prson says, there's no way I would question Mike McCarthy, you know, I feel about it. Jerry says, Micah and Mike McCarthy are good, So there we go.
Speaker 4: Man, he was good, like like you said, he was good all the way up into that last part when he when he when he brought Mike back into the conversation saying Zac did more than he's ever had.
Speaker 2: Like, I get it.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what players want to go out and play for is each other, the guys that cross those white lines and go to battle and all that good stuff. You want to play for the guys. Like when I was playing, I wanted to play for Dwear. I wanted to play for guys that you know, hadn't yet got a champion ship and been doing this work for a long time.
Speaker 2: So I get it from that point. But you know, once again, it was just I thought it was.
Speaker 4: Unnecessary, you know, to bring my man big Mike back into the conversation with what he said talking about he has putting in more work and all this other stuff, and it just made it an unnecessary distraction in my point, in my opinion, because now you know, Big Mike had to answer all these questions. You know, Parsons answers all these questions. You think the players in the locker room are gonna have to answer these questions. Of course they are. When they do locker room, they're gonna first question back what you think about Michael Parsons statements. So it's just bringing added distractions to a season that's already not going the way you wanted to go. Instead of focusing on playing and focusing on gett ready for the Houston Texans and what challenge they got to bring to the table, we're over here talking about, you know, the statements that Michael Parsons have made. So to me, I just feel like it was an unnecessary distraction. I get it from both sides, but I feel like, like you said, no, he just brought a log to the fire through more gas on the fire by bringing that last statement in.
Speaker 2: But all the stuff before that I was cool with. But that last statement I think was unnecessary. Hey, let me just read you.
Speaker 3: This is Jerry's quote exactly says it wasn't meant as a critique of the coach. It was meant as a concern for veteran players like Zack Martin who might not have that much more left in their career. That's how it was meant. There was no doubt in my mind that it was meant that way. Micah does not feel a lack of appreciation for Mike McCarthy. I visited extensively with everyone involved here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 6: Going back to what you said, because you're talking about it from a locker room perspective. You're talking about from being in that situation and what it looks like to everybody else on the outside, because you understand guys are having to answer questions that doing the work week that you should be talking about the Texans and we're still talking about what our captain, a leader said, you know about our head coach. Yeah, about our head coach. And I think lost in trends in all of this is the fact that Zach Martin is not having his best season. What what Mike is trying to say is that we have a destroyer, that is that we wanted to win for. And sometimes when you're making an emotional statement and you don't know how to I get situational awareness, keep your head on the fact that if you do say something negative to this degree, it's going to be blown up time ten. But what he's trying to say is that I want to run. Like you just said, guys like d Ware, I always hear you talk about Sean Lee, guys that you had respect for that when you came into the locker room. Those were the guys that you want to play with. Those your brothers, and you wanted to hoist that trophy with them. That's why you do it. We're in the winning business. People don't do this just for exercise. Taking you outs with the guys, You know what I mean, It's all about going to go win these games. And right now, even when you go back to twenty fifteen, Barry, I keep hearing you say it, talk about twenty fifteen, But there was a point in twenty fifteen where you realize we're just bad. We're just bad it Carolina, and it don't matter if Barry Church had two interceptions but Romo got knocked out again. Yeah, again, that's what I was like. But you saw the writing is on the wall and there's nothing we can do that That Philadelphia tape was bad tape. Guys put out bad tape for the next coach. It's a lot of bad tape out there, right. And michah a guy who is very emotional after losses and performances where he doesn't play well, he doesn't talk, he walks.
Speaker 2: Out of it, whatever it is.
Speaker 6: He finally comes back and talks after being out for being hurt, and he opens his mouth and everybody. Now we're into the interpretation stage of what was Michael actually trying to say. And all he's trying to say is, man, we got a guy here that this may be it and we may not be able to win it for him. I feel bad about that. I'm with you everything after that you add it to to this situation, and I don't know if it's just can he come out and say, look, I made a mistake, slip of the tongue that wasn't when I was trying to say, let everybody move on.
Speaker 2: But as we know, as this cowboy media.
Speaker 6: Cycle is gonna go, they're gonna continue to keep driving this this point home to make it seem like these players in the locker room don't respect Mike.
Speaker 2: And Michaeh's exact words. Quote.
Speaker 3: I never once through or even intended to throw Mike McCarthy under the bus.
Speaker 2: Period. So that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Words matter, and he's got to be ready and understanding that when you have a national podcast like he does and you are a you're an upper echelon player in this league and people are coming to you, got to be ready for as much as we tease Russell Wilson, Russ on point about these things about what he says, Troyan was on point about, Dak is on point about it, and Micah needs to get there. Clarence Hill had a quote where he says, look, you know, sometimes Michael tries to act like he's the smartest guy in the room, and sometimes you can misconstrue that thing. That's something he's got to work on. And you want to be a podcast, you want to do this, You're going to have to work on your messaging and what you're trying to say. Now, here's something that we ain't talked about enough. Zach Martin be here next year. Yeah, and I mean no, he's saying it. If you played in the room, when a guy says this, they already know. Jason Kelsey last year. You know, towards the end, people Hey, this might be it, this might be it's I don't know it was it. They knew so what I'm what we saw with Kelsey last year and everything that was there. We've been hearing that about Zach since training camp. This is gonna be it for Zach Martin. And I can't believe he wants to. I don't know where where his mind is. I haven't talked to him, but I can't believe you want to allow your play to go down another level and then what it takes for your body to come back. That's the thing I've talked to about guys who are lineman who played as long as that. Afterwards, Man, your body's just warned. Now you only got so many.
Speaker 2: Hits in you and the boys hit every single snap.
Speaker 3: Every snap, man, and then it becomes harder on Monday's get out and Russell Maryland had a hard time getting out of bed on Mondays man.
Speaker 2: After games because it's just that.
Speaker 3: So at this point in time, and I'm listening to this from Mike and I'm listening Jerry, Zach Martin is done. So next year Tank Lawrence isn't going to be here.
Speaker 2: His contracts up. Zach Martin's going to be gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Terrer still terre Stiel's gonna be an interesting question.
Speaker 2: They have to look after the see, there's.
Speaker 3: Going to be some players that they're going to have to to replace.
Speaker 6: And y'all gotta forgive me on this, man. I just have a just watching number seventy this season. Is It's one of those feelings when you see it is Michael Jordan at the Wizards. Is you know when you started to see somebody that played so great, you know that that had that has the career last year, last year, Zach Martin, but just last year, you know in years before that, the standard that he set for the offensive line. Man, I just what makes me sick. And it's just I just feel this way about certain players. If you didn't play the game, if you didn't play the game, play the game at a high level, shut your mouth about Zach mart because Zach Martin been that. You shouldn't be able to be some local joke or some guy on the radio station.
Speaker 2: I don't care who you are.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't be able to open your mouth shut up when you're talking about Zack Martin because.
Speaker 2: He been that.
Speaker 6: And I'll keep bad play you can put it out. Whatever your opinion is, Zack Martin, you take him. He's different. It's exception to the rule. That's number seventy because he's been consistent, time proof and consistency. Zach Martin is giving you all of that with no exception on and off the field. So Barry Church, you got something to say about him, other cats around it. That's proving it done it far away, right. But if you can't, If.
Speaker 2: You no, I'll push back on your phone. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: At what point in time are you just not telling the truth? And when should the truth be told that the player who is the Pro Bowl player year in year out in the All Pro is not that guy anymore. So you're saying you're not allowed to say that if unless you played or you're at this level.
Speaker 2: I mean somebody, I understand. I was just saying, so you.
Speaker 3: Can't say it even though we're witnessing on take funk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And all I'm saying is the greatest players I'm not talking about. I'm talking about the great ones, the ones that you know are going to go to Ohio, the guys that you that have proven have shown like you can look you can look at Zach Martin and tell right now he is not one hundred percent and he is gutting it out right.
Speaker 2: And it takes a hell of a man.
Speaker 6: You just talk about Russell Maryland and the price that he paid each and every morning just to get up and walk down the steps, like that's a tremendous price to pay for somebody that don't know that, somebody that don't understand that sacrifice that this man has made.
Speaker 2: A man shut up sign somebody else to talk about.
Speaker 3: I think that you're you can have both of that. I look at Aaron Rodgers right now. Aaron Rodgers looks let's look good at all. Here's a guy. I mean, they probably already got the bus made down in camp somewhere in the basement.
Speaker 2: He's that good. He's gonna go. He's not what he used to be.
Speaker 3: And I remember the great Howard Coach hell one time he's like, you know, I'm just telling him like it is. And if you're talking about Zach Martin and Brian brought us our friend. Brian brons Okay works here Dallas cowboys dot Com, also a former scout and works over on one five three, the Fan of Cowboy broadcast. He's talked about it. You know, not having a good year, He's not having the year that we expect from him.
Speaker 2: I would be.
Speaker 3: Surprised if he makes the Pro Bowl, which would be a shock to all of us, because if you think Pro Bowl, you.
Speaker 2: Just misc true what I'm saying. I'm do your job. Do your job.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying scathing criticism of Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: But who's giving him? That's out there.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying it's out there, and that's and that's that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a guy doing his job. If you've seen, if you've watched enough football, and if you watch Zach Martin and you know the kind of player that he is, and you look at him right now, don't try and turn this around in some media spin to say, oh, he got over on the Cowboys. He's doing like, stop it. This guy has sacrificed in giving it all, knew it. That's all I'm talking about. I'm talking about that. And you know what, in this in this world where everybody has an opinion about everything, I think greatness, when it's reserved for the great players, should stay there. When you talk about a guy like Aaron Rodgers, look when I compare Aaron Rodgers' career to a Tom Brady's career, that's a big difference between those two careers.
Speaker 3: Now you're you're correct, But I also say from this standpoint, I think we all are at a point in time where we know there are legitimate people that you listen to what they have to say about players, and then you just know, hey, there's some folks.
Speaker 2: Out here who got their hot takes and they just trying to say what.
Speaker 3: And I long since drawn that line of I listened to this person.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking that absolutely.
Speaker 3: And so if somebody is talking about Zach Martin what you're saying, obviously you know there's a couple you have some people in mind that you don't want to say their names. There' stuff I just don't listen to. That's why I just I kind of laugh at people who who what the debate shows saying. So, I mean the person in Connecticut who's not here. So I just think with that. But for those of us who are here and we see Zach mark that man, to me, it's real simple. He's he's talked about retiring. They're talking about it. This will probably be it hat tip to him five years, there'll be a ceremony and Ken and his name is going to be there. When you look at the statistics of people at that position, he's right there with the greatest who've ever done it.
Speaker 2: But he's not having a good year to his standard.
Speaker 3: That happens a whole lot of folks. This is what it is, and it's not Nobod's at least I know I'm not besmirching him, but he's not.
Speaker 2: He's not their best lineman anymore.
Speaker 3: And that's the first time we've been able to say that since the dude walked in the building. Pretty much between he and Tyrone were right there right now. Your best lineman is Tyler Smith. And this is a tough game man you're giving He's he's done all he can do, and this is the last games we see.
Speaker 2: If Zach Martin you had tipped off to him, brother.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being here, thank you for being the guy they took in set of Johnny Man's.
Speaker 2: But by the time is undefeated, and you know, all these guys, man, all these guys, maybe you need a fifteen minimum. I hope, I hope Tyron Smith and Zach Martin go.
Speaker 3: Out together, because that would be pretty cool if they could also potentially go to Canton together. They both they have the resumes to do it, but it is just hard and and and it's hard to see.
Speaker 2: In the bad years.
Speaker 3: Well and what Michael was saying in terms of, hey man, I hate to see this guy leave here without a ring, But unfortunately it's been thirty years and it's a whole line of people.
Speaker 2: Right here and leaving here without a ring.
Speaker 3: In Jach Maharrison's Barry Church of New he Scinal Bank. Brought to you by mister Crack Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey Danny mccraige, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 7: You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gearing up to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Coowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL Shop dot Com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 2: And Rule thirty one.
Speaker 10: Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caine's Rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one.
Speaker 2: Love Go Cowboys to the players Lounge Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 6: Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four downas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 2: What you get from that bowl, Manott to the super Bowl super Bowl? Okay, hopefully you ain't sitting in those seats. They gave me the super Bowl up top, bro, I believe you also get to go to the honors the night NFL. That's pretty that's pretty cool. That's a hold. They had you up top with the l a super Bowl. I think you said the picture that was a national. He got the national.
Speaker 3: Yes, hot the too, brother too. Literally, you can see the rafts I had. I was if I if I had Wimmy's height and San Antoni, I could touch the raft So when they had when the halftime show happened, bro, literally, it looked like ants. I could tell, so I pulled out the iPad. So that's how I was at the super Bowl when I watched the halftime show. Is that the one with Doctor Drayne almost going crazy.
Speaker 2: There's some negroes and jumped on U. Is that who's that? I don't know. That doesn't look like so it's Mary he yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: It was high brod you up top, dude, we were up and I mean you told the nose the it wasn't even the sprite zone.
Speaker 2: The sprite zoner is lower than what the oh damn dude, dude, it was hey, hey man, I mean it is what it is. Uh, it's free ticket, you know, hey, brother, we ain't give you.
Speaker 6: You know, it was I knew he was used to getting the Willy Wonka. You know what, I used to bet on the carpet out there. I could touch the ceiling. He was above the Titan Jahn the banners was I was above the banners, bro That dad was above the whole.
Speaker 2: See see tell brother, that was zoomed in. This is a realistic view. That's that's not zoomed right, that's that's like that bruh exactly. You need these George zoom in to see the Titans. The jumpbo trunk was lower than to see. I was higher. Okay, damn yes, brother, we was.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, dude, I think I like seven I'm like seven maybe seven rolls from the time the tip top.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, brother was high. It's high, man. Okay, look at the National Championship game. Look at like I said, I hope Fan of the Year get better than me. I think I'm going to Super Bowl, going super Bowl. This was like, let me go to them, go to the I pad and look, miss they won't do you like that. You'll be right down there with k do. This year.
Speaker 3: You're talking about supposed to be having hurricanes this year, supposed to have Wayne up in there.
Speaker 2: But you know had Wayne Man the hot boy's that hot you gotta have. He's gonna feature on somewhere something. You gotta have one. If you in New Orleans, you ain't gonna have Little Wayne do something.
Speaker 6: Man, it's this Kendrick Lamar put out of every ten years about it.
Speaker 3: That right there was how I saw. That's the real picture right there. That right there, there's a real picture of how I saw where we wrot What you just said back, you say body of work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just I'm just talking about albums that Kendrick Lamar has that the way I'm.
Speaker 2: Just Look, let's just talk about mainstream appeal. I'm not talking. I'm not talking about the albums. I'm not talking. I'm talking about the ones that every come on. Now you know how what plays into this.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna go, let's not do this because I'm not talking about the underground artist.
Speaker 2: I think. Correct, Oh.
Speaker 7: What do you.
Speaker 11: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Look, he's hot right now because of the whole Drake hot.
Speaker 6: Can we admit I am first of all, you know, I'm a little Wayne fan. I'm talking about to the mainstream, to everybody.
Speaker 7: I give.
Speaker 6: Wayne did not become mainstream until Drake and Nick Minaje. That's when all of that happened. Kendrick came out. I mean, come on, bro get it.
Speaker 2: I give it you. Come on all even in even in New York.
Speaker 6: Ain't nobody making no noise with Katy Perry, with Katy Perry, come up with come on man with lady I was, come on man, let's just be real about it. Black eyed peace, black eye peas and come on man.
Speaker 2: That's when.
Speaker 4: That's when we didn't have a represented, you know, picking the half helping out.
Speaker 2: Now we got you.
Speaker 6: I think I think they did a magnificent job. He is a great performer and the guy that I think is gonna captivate that. It's gonna be an amazing show. If we didn't have to bring Wayne on stage to do that.
Speaker 3: Wayne A Special Guests at least see that that's a feature there. Kendrick Lamar is the headliner, Wayne A Special Guests. As long as they had my man in the first from me, they want to run him out there, like with Donna ran Sea Little Green out there.
Speaker 2: That wow, that's how y'all wow, jumping hey man, jumping and singing the track.
Speaker 6: They can't get us set no No, he'll have him over in the quarter, the spotlight on it his little b Wayne.
Speaker 2: Like I said, like God when he was got to put on the road.
Speaker 6: So you're crazy, man, wow, you know easy, he's gonna see in the corner.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: That's what Guess is not even have his do his own day. He's gonna sing the chorse little spotlight singing the chorus.
Speaker 3: Weazy like that what I'm saying about, gonna be like executive producer on the background, dance what.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have my basket and skateboarding out there.
Speaker 3: The special Guess Wow and Wayne in his own Wayne Wow, saying that's how they do the legends man, like they had the That's how they do elect.
Speaker 2: The capitals come out for us. She's gonna be in the background, that's what. That's what Louise. That's wheezy is now all right? So we had to bring the show home, bab were to bring the weizy is now? Man, Yeah, it's not this man, that's crazy. Kendrick. That was a great select.
Speaker 4: Sound like how they be doing my man, Zach Martin. That's that's how y'all sounded right here. It's respecting that all time man.
Speaker 2: That's what man.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.