Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Adjocates Injury Attorneys.
Speaker 2: Online at ADJUCUSLA dot com.
Speaker 3: Julia is on the phone today for our first Day follow up. She's getting ghosted by a guy named Walker. So in a minute, we're gonna call him and see if we can figure out why he's ghostinger. But first, Julia, how long has it been since you heard from Walker?
Speaker 2: About a week? Okay?
Speaker 4: Week?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's kind of the sweet spot. How many times have you reached out to him in that.
Speaker 6: In that time?
Speaker 1: I've sent him a couple of packs, like three or four, Like, what's a couple?
Speaker 2: About three?
Speaker 3: It's not too bad, and you've heard nothing from him?
Speaker 2: Nothing, not a peep.
Speaker 6: All right, tell us a little bit about your date.
Speaker 1: He asked me to meet him at a sushi restaurant, which I thought was really cool. Okay, we had dinner and he hadn't had much sushi before, so he let me kind of pick everything out, and he seemed to really like what I picked out, like especially.
Speaker 2: The spicy tuna.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so dinner was went really well.
Speaker 1: He told me all about his business study starting, and he just seems so motivated and passionate.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 1: And then we went for a walk, which I thought was a really good sign.
Speaker 6: Okay, how was the walk?
Speaker 2: It was nice. I mean it lasted about an hour and we just kept talking.
Speaker 6: How did it end? Like, did you all kiss? Hug five?
Speaker 2: We hugged?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Did anything happen between the walk and dinner that may have been a little bit off?
Speaker 1: I mean, the only thing I can think is that I recently I told him a lot about my work too, because he was telling me a lot about his business, and I recently got a promotion at work and I was so excited about it, thank you.
Speaker 2: So I just wondered if that rubbed him the wrong way.
Speaker 6: Or something like, how would do you think that could rubbed him the wrong way?
Speaker 2: Well, he looks a little I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, like he didn't want to ask me a lot about it or something. And I wondered if because he's having he's just at the beginning stages of starting a business, if he felt a little insecure or something that I'm doing so well in my career.
Speaker 6: Did he talk a lot about his business?
Speaker 2: He did talk a fair amount.
Speaker 1: I mean he seemed excited about it and like he was really interested in what he's doing.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that would take away from what you're doing, but I mean there are guys like that, so I believe it.
Speaker 6: But I love this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like maybe he's not quite where he wants to be in his career, so I wonder if that was it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's also kind of a red flag for you, because you want to be with somebody that's a little bit more secure in that space, right, If that was it, I mean, we're highly speculating it's this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I honestly, I feel like I've come across this before. So Okay, that's what made me wonder if that's the only thing I can think of, Because we just had the.
Speaker 6: Best time, okay.
Speaker 3: And then at the end when you guys hugged, did he say like, oh I want to meet up again or anything like that, or did he just bounce?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I think we just said we had a really nice time.
Speaker 6: Okay. Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 3: We'll play a song, come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date if you still want. Okay, Okay, all right, we'll play song come back and get your first date follow up next. Right in the middle of your first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Julia is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Walker. So we're just about to call him see if he'll tell us why he's Ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Julia, why don't you refresh everybody's memory on your day with Walker.
Speaker 1: We went out for an amazing sushi dinner and had a nice walk afterwards, and he told me about his business that he's starting up, and he seemed super into it, and I told him all about my promotion at work and how excited I was about it.
Speaker 3: Did you make a lot of Walker jokes while you were walking? I just thought of her right now. That could also be a reason if you wouldn't stop with the Walker jokes like I would go hand on that that.
Speaker 2: Would have been a great joke.
Speaker 6: I totally okay. I was thinking maybe that is the reason, but maybe not. William, we'll call him right now. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm asking the Walker please, ye, hey man, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show. My name's jebel Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm also on the show.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 3: We got an email about you from somebody that you are ghosting and they want to know why you're not calling them back.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah, okay, this is Julia.
Speaker 6: Walker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julia emailed us, told us a little bit about your date and is really confused why you're ghostinger a mind telling us.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's about it. I'm starting to think maybe email in a radio.
Speaker 7: Show about it could be on that list, but that wasn't it initially?
Speaker 6: Okay, so wait, what's the deal? Why are you a ghostinger?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Man. Like, we went to dinner and it was fun. It was great.
Speaker 7: Actually we got some sushi. I'm not used to that stuff, but I housed a couple spicy tuneroles. Those things are great, and it was fun, you know, like it seemed pretty easy at first, but she kind of got on, Oh god, she kind of got on like this hanging about her job and stuff and how she got.
Speaker 4: This new promotion, and then she was very excited about it.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's cool, but it's kind of dominated the whole.
Speaker 4: Back end of the night, so I don't know, it just kind of felt weird. I don't know.
Speaker 6: She talked about her job too much?
Speaker 4: Is that it it's not even just about I don't know about a job, but just seemed to be just all encompassing, you know, like I don't know, like somebody's whole identity is wrapped up in that, you know, and.
Speaker 7: It's just I don't know, it just kind of it was, Oh, it was kind of boring.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry her.
Speaker 6: Job is boring or the way she talked about it.
Speaker 7: No, not that I don't know, you like, I don't know much about finance, but that you know, just the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Does that make sense that somebody's talking about just something like you get excited and then.
Speaker 4: It just goes downhill and it's like, God, all right, I get it, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, is that all she talked about is just wasn't interesting or.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 7: Sure, it's interesting, interfe She talked about some friends too, and you know, they seem nice, and a little bit about her family, but for the whole thing, it was about like wanting a promotion and then what I had to do to get it.
Speaker 4: And I finally got it now.
Speaker 7: I felt about it afterwards, like God, rent a movie or something that's terrible. I shouldn't say that, but I shouldeel bad.
Speaker 6: Did you ask question?
Speaker 4: I mean the.
Speaker 7: Usual stuff like, you know, where'd you grow up and what were you into as a kid?
Speaker 4: You know, did you play any sports? You know, where do you live in the city? Like that kind of stuff. You know, pretty pretty basic stuff I think when you're on a first aid.
Speaker 6: All right, well thanks for telling us, man, Yeah.
Speaker 4: For sure, thanks for asking.
Speaker 6: No problem.
Speaker 3: Julia is also on the on the phone and has been listening the whole time and wants to.
Speaker 6: Talk to you. I shouldell you that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm I'm sure she is.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, right, she really is.
Speaker 2: Hey. Hey, welcome, Oh hey Julia.
Speaker 1: Hey, Yeah, I guess I'm a little confused.
Speaker 2: I mean, you seem yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to put it any more plainly than I did what I didn't know you were there? But you know, I don't want to be mean. It's just I'm really happy for you, but it just I don't know, I just feel like maybe we're it's just not in the same spot.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just feel like someone can't accept a woman in a relationship to be successful.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's that's not it. That's no, it's not it at all. It's you know, I just wanted to interest in life.
Speaker 1: I does.
Speaker 2: Are you intimidated by me?
Speaker 4: Not even a little bit? No, no, not at all.
Speaker 7: I think it's great, you know, it seems to make you really happy.
Speaker 4: And that's wonderful. I just don't know if I can be a part.
Speaker 1: Of Well, I think you're intimidated by me and you can't be with a woman who's more successful than you.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. I really don't know how to respond to that. But that's absurd. That's not what this is. And it feels kind of I don't know, that feels oddly accusatory and weird to go to. It's not that at all, trust me. I just think we're on two different playing fields right now.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's exactly what it is. But agree to disagree.
Speaker 7: I guess sure, I guess yeah. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, but that's not what this is.
Speaker 4: So please don't harbor that ill will towards Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't want someone who's happy.
Speaker 1: And feels good about their job, then you know, what can I do about that?
Speaker 4: There's nothing you can do about it. Keep being those things. It's just not for me. I think it's great. I'm very happy for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I don't really believe you.
Speaker 1: So, you know, just because you can't be happy at your job doesn't mean I can't be happy at mine.
Speaker 3: I sure, yeah, okay, Walker, would you like to another day with Julia?
Speaker 6: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that would be a horrible idea.
Speaker 6: This was rough.
Speaker 2: You will first date follow up