Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, what's up? What's your name? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, it is bro. This is sick. I'm going by Coraly.
Speaker 1: Coraly. That's like that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Coraline.
Speaker 1: I said it was like that movie.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is based on a character in a show with Debbie Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh, so this is what your name is? Your name is based on a fictional character. Your fake name?
Speaker 2: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 1: What's what tell me about this character?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: God, she's like a mom who.
Speaker 2: Is like this southern woman who grew up in a trailer park and she like has a threeesome of her husband and her husband's like rival and it's like it's a crazy show. It's called a Insatiable You should watch it.
Speaker 1: Do you? Did you pick that name because you like the character or because you feel like you have something in common with them?
Speaker 2: Because I like the character. She was a good actress. She's just funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corally Chorally? Uh is there a reason you called today, Coraly?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I want to talk about my recent move to New York.
Speaker 1: Oh cool? Where where from.
Speaker 2: From Vermont?
Speaker 1: And how has it been going?
Speaker 2: It is okay, it doesn't feel realized. I feel like I'm like on vacation.
Speaker 4: Still move to New York.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was having like a coral life crisis and I was kind of like in a dead end, like working at a diner, and I don't know, I just want to change a pace. Before I was like forty or four kids, you know, I was like, I want to live in the city and live it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: And Okay, you called in to want to talk about your move, anything specifically about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, Well, I know you're talking about stuff whole time, but I just.
Speaker 3: I don't have a job. I moved here without a job.
Speaker 2: I have like no friends. I have like two friends who live here, and I'm just trying to navigate that. It's it's kind of hard to find a job. I'm like just trying to get a serving job. But I guess I'm being late. It's kind of lot to work. You have to print out your resume and go around and introduce yourself everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you meet in New York City, correct?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: How long have you been in Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: Like three weeks?
Speaker 1: You've been here even if it's three weeks. Where you are you living with people?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have one roommate.
Speaker 1: How do you pay the rent.
Speaker 2: Well I have, I'm living off with savings right now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, how long how long do you have until those savings run out?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Jeez, uh a couple months. I'm a little bit of a safety in that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Here's the thing about New York City, and this is here's the thing about New York City. And this is I think why a lot of people live there is New York City is filled with rich people and poor people, and neither of them have enough money. It is a city that forever tells you that you don't have enough money, and so that encourages you to It's a place you like it. Like nobody retires and then moves to New York City because just existing in New York, like because it's so fucking expensive and crazy, and everyone like moves there to like chase their dreams and stuff like it. It's the kind of the point of being there. Weird. It's a weird thing, but like the point of being there is to like feel the fire under your ass, like and this is this is this is mainly for people who move. This is not really if you if you just happen to be berthed into New York City and you're getting fucked by it. I feel for you, But if you move to New York City, you kind of move in there to like have the uh, the fire under your ass, you.
Speaker 2: Know, to make totally I'm not accepting any pity. I knew what I was going into, but it's definitely lonelier than I thought. But but that will come a time. I gotta like find my community.
Speaker 1: You know, you've been there for three weeks.
Speaker 2: I know. It's not what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what have you been doing for those three weeks?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm like wandering around shopping. I did hnd out some resumes. I was becoming a regular diner around here, climbing the fire skates to watch the sunrise on my roof.
Speaker 1: You're doing great, I see you. You're that's a great first three weeks in New.
Speaker 2: York, right, that's like, this is like New York City thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked you a random question.
Speaker 1: You can ask me a random question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you ever had a threeesome? I?
Speaker 1: I am what makes you want to ask me this?
Speaker 2: Because because I met my neighbor the other day and he asked me out the blue if I would have a three sim at him and his girlfriend. I've just been thinking about it, like I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no. But I'm like, oh god, I don't know if I can do that, like with a close intimate couple, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait, the fact that you didn't immediately, because this doesn't sound like a story of like a creepy thing. The way you're responding to it, it seems like you have some form of interest.
Speaker 2: Like kind of like I kind of just want to do it for the plot. I was like on porn Hub, like researching last night. I don't even know what to do, Like I'm not I'm like straight, I don't even know if I would enjoy that.
Speaker 1: But what did you find in your research?
Speaker 2: Uh? I was just like, I mean, I guess that's all staged. Most of porn Hub is staged, but it's not really authentic. But just like the different positions like who's where, who's make out who? Like, I don't know, I've never really thought about it too deeply.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Answered my question, would you would.
Speaker 3: You want to?
Speaker 1: Would I would I want to? Yeah, Well it depends on this scenario. I don't think if that guy I asked. If that guy asked me if I wanted to have a threesome with him and his wife, I'd probably m I was gonna say, I'd probably say no, but shit, wait, you know what actually you know what well, I'm well, I you know, I'm actually you know what's funny is I'm really thinking about this. Like if a guy okay, if like some guy down the hall from me I had like a hot wife and they were both like do you want to have a threesome with me? I would I feel where you're at because I would genuinely probably feel the same ways you do.
Speaker 2: Like it's kind of exciting, like should I like, I'm like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm if they were like okay, if they were like do you want to have a threesome? But you also you have to like like like my husband, like I also want my husband to like, uh you know, like be like be involved with you. I I don't think i'd be into it. But if it was just like if it was like okay, we'll just do it, and like it'll be like a porn thing where it's like you know, I okay, I'm going to take this position over here. Okay, you go over there and we'll uh you know what I mean. Like, if there's like something like that, I think I could be something like that. I would still be like apprehensive about it. I'd be like you, I'd be like, well, it's not like my preferred thing and I'm straight, but but it would be and it would be interesting for the plot.
Speaker 3: I agree, right, Like it'd be a cool story, but like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: In my neighbor, like, I don't know, that'd be kind of fun. I guess yeah, I would before, but I.
Speaker 1: Would probably do it for the plot myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, mm hmm, thanks for your opinion.
Speaker 1: Was are you attracted to this couple? So I don't know if there's anything more to mine.
Speaker 4: Here, But.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I met the girlfriend, so like not really, I feel I shouldn't do it. I feel like I'm just doing it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: The only objectively right reason to have sex is to reproduce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, right, even that, I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know if I don't even know, if I don't even agree with what I just said. I don't think they're really no, Yeah, well I don't I don't know if object I don't know if Okay, it's the only biologically for a biological lens, if you want to view life through a biological lens, there's no real reason to have sex other than reproduction. But we live life far beyond the biological lens into more humanistic So I don't know, is should do what you want? That could be fun. You've only been here for three you should stop. See that's the thing. You've been here for three weeks and you've watched the sunset, You've been propositioned for a threesome, and you've handed out your resume a couple of times. You're doing good. You're gonna You're gonna have There is gonna be so many more things that happened to you.
Speaker 4: You're right as.
Speaker 1: Life goes on, so don't freak out. Maybe you make friends with them.
Speaker 5: Maybe if you be I'm definitely becoming friends with this guy. So yeah, thanks, I knew that reassurance. Have you ever thought about so I was lastly like random high.
Speaker 4: Thought, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Have you ever thought about what it'd be like to be like pray, Like if you're like a small mouse living in the world, like your life would be so scary you just be like thinking about food and hiding and thking care of your family all time.
Speaker 1: I think about food and hiding, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess people do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I've thought. I've thought about what it's like to be like a critter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, critter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, horrible life. I like being horrible life.
Speaker 2: They don't know any different. So I like being human too.
Speaker 1: Hey, get this, you might be in the same position as the rat rat you know, okay, because you could be there could be a thing that's more conscious than you are, that's so much better to be than what you are, which is what like a mouse is, right, which is what a mouse?
Speaker 2: God like alien and of things high power.
Speaker 1: There could be like, yeah, you wouldn't know. There could be like a like an immortal being of of greater pleasure and intelligence and whatever, but you don't don't know. And honestly, that being could exist, and that being could sit around being like, Oh, I wish I was a dumb human and then I wouldn't be so tortured by my hyper awareness and intellect of the mechanisms of the greater universe. I wish I could just get high and play video games like the humans do.
Speaker 2: Wow, I actually didn't really think about that, and I'll be thinking about that all night.
Speaker 1: Do you have any other questions?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Everyone says like they get nervous, like it's true, like I don't really like this more questions.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you don't have to I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know. I can't think of any other spot.
Speaker 1: Uh, Caroline, Caroline, Corally, Coraally. We were getting quarterly coral. If you if you text your friends with an update four times a year, you'd be giving quarterly corally updates.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna make in the podcast, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I won't say yourself. And life's not that serious, and yeah, live it up, swag.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Coral. Good rest of your entire life. I'll see you on the streets.
Speaker 2: Be on the fliplow.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: But that was Coraly, who not to be confused with Coraline, which is a different thing. Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I can. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Stella? Oh my gosh, I didn't think i'd actually get through. Sorry, I know it literally everyone sees this when they when they call in. But oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, man, That's what's weird about life is you never think it'll happen to you, but then it does. Sometimes it's something good, Sometimes it's something good. I assume this is good. I assume you want it, you want to be here. Sometimes it's something good. Sometimes it's something bad. You get you know, in a car crash or stuck by struck by lightning, and you're like, oh, I don't think that would happen to me, but it does. And that was a really depressing way to start this phone call, which I would prefer if it wasn't depressing, or I actually, I guess I don't have a preference. I want this phone call to be whatever it is. I'm gonna shut up. Can you remember your name one more time? And I will never forget it ever again, so long as I live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll definitely never forget it, right, Stella, Stella, Stella?
Speaker 1: Was there a particular reason why you called me to then?
Speaker 3: I was just trying to think about that while the phone was ringing again. I didn't think i'd actually get through. I know, I have lots of good things and bad things in my life. I don't know. Should we talk about something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I have a question. Okay, So you have an American phone number, but you sound Australian.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not Australian. Again.
Speaker 1: You're in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, good? Guess why?
Speaker 1: How what are you doing in America?
Speaker 3: I came here for college and now I just like live here. Yeah. I've been here for about like eight years or so something like that.
Speaker 1: Eight years?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Holy shit? How old are you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: How old? I twenty six?
Speaker 1: Cool? And do you like America better than New Zealand or does it suck? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think about this a lot, Like there's pros and cons to both. I mean, there's a lot of amazing things about America, Like it's so big, there's so many things to do, there's so many people, and there's also like so many different like cultures and like vibes and everything, you know, built into one country. And New Zealand is a bit sleep yer, but that also is nice, right, Like if you want to be more relaxed and show I guess it just depends on what vibe you want to call on one other thing as well, is most of my memory of New Zealand was from you know, before I was an adult. So like, other than going back for like you know, a week or a couple of weeks or something at a time, I haven't really like fully experienced New Zealand as an adults for longer than like two weeks.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's interesting. Yeah, you have more conscious experience with America than you do with where you grew up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, No, it's crazy. Like my literally my entire adult life has been in New Zealand, which is kind of crazy to think about. Like, yeah, like I feel like I still feel very Kiwi and I still have a very strong like Kiwi identity, but I also feel very American in a lot of ways, and my Kiwi friends definitely think that I'm very American.
Speaker 1: What I think, Ways, do you feel American?
Speaker 3: That's like a Christian. I don't know how to answer that question. Why do I feel American? I think it's just because I live in America and I've spent my whole, like adult life here and integrating the community. Yeah, I don't know, Actually, maybe I don't. Maybe I feel fifty fifty American and Jewing.
Speaker 1: I feel very American. I feel I feel it in my bones, like I don't. I don't like other people telling me what to do. Uh. I eat a lot. I'm a little gross, but uh I I have strong geopolitical ambitions for myself as an individual. I feel very American.
Speaker 3: Do you wish you felt something else?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm okay with myself as I am in some regards. Let's talk about your life. You have life, things that you wanted to get into. What would some of those things be?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: One thing that I don't know how I feel about is a friend and I recently, ish like a month or two ago, had like a mini half breakup slash break And I've been thinking about it like off and on here and there, and I feel like I understand how I feel right now at this very moment, but like I feel guilty about how I feel.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what happens. I'm pretty sure she doesn't listen to this podcast. But what happened was, Yeah, it's someone that I've known for like a few years, but like very well, like we were super close friends here and we would hang out all the time and everything but for whatever reason, like you know, over the past like year ish, I just haven't been feeling as connected with her, and I kind of honestly like it sounds really mean, and I feel really bad about saying it, but I didn't really enjoy spending time as much time with her as I used to enjoy spending with So basically we chatted a couple of months ago and I asked her if we could just like take take a break or like you know, spend less time with each other, which I feel very mean about. Yeah, which it sounds like we're dating, right.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're dating. Yeah, it does sound like you did. I feel like it's I don't know, I mean, I've I'm not as expressive with friend breakups. Maybe that's just me. Maybe that's like maybe it's a guy thing, but like no, I'm just like I'll just stop responding as much. There's not really much of a conversation to be had.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, Okay, so the thing is usually that's what I do, and I think that's totally fine. Like I have had a lot of friendships where not necessarily like one of us, you know, hates the other person or whatever. But like I feel like most relationships and friendships naturally like EBB and blow right, Like you'll hang out with someone like all the time and then you're busy or they're busy and you hang out less or whatever. But the special exception to this person is she is like really really really really on top of the shit, so like she will always chicken with you, She will never forget about you. She will remember the tiny details in your life. And because of that, like I felt like it wasn't possible for me to just do the whole like message less.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a thing I know. I know, I know, I know exactly what you're talking about. I know exactly what we're talking about. And this is this is the unfortunate truth that I think that those kinds of people actually have to accept from their side. She can do all that stuff for you, you don't. You don't have to do any You don't have to do any of that bag if you don't want to. Her doing all that stuff for you is not inherently obligate you to do all of those things back for her. You know, you're obligated to no one and nothing in any direction. And your obligation and your time and your attention will naturally intuitively gravitate towards the kinds of people or the specific people that you want it to gravitate towards. You know, you don't have to feel just because someone remembers your birthday and you don't remember theirs. You don't have to feel bad. I mean, I guess you should remember the birthdays of the people you really care about, but you cannot. But as an adult, this is the thing. This is a fucking just reality. I believe in it. It's not a bad thing, it's not a sad thing. It just is what it is. And I think the more you recognize it, the actually greater your life will be. Is that you have just a finite amount of time and energy, as it a twenty six year old adults, you know you have a finite amount You literally have a finite amount of time and energy, and you can't just spread it around willy nilly, you know what I mean. You got to pick the people or the things that take your energy. If you just let your if you just if you just let your energy flow in the direction that you feel obligated for it to flow, then you're living in a life you don't even create for yourself. So it's really nice of this person to remember all these little things about you and remember your birthday and do all that. But isn't that doesn't obligate you anywhere. So I don't even think you have to feel bad about it. So I know this is not but this might not be a popular point of view, But that's okay. That's that's like, that's the whole woo woo thing of like that. You know, you're meant for the people that you're meant for. That's what that means. It's like you're gonna, naturally, you're gonna really like spending time with some people, and you're gonna not care that much about spending time with other people. And that's okay. And you have a again, you have a finite amount of energy and a finite amout of relationships. I've mentally identified in my brain in all sectors of my life, you know, uh, in a in a in a kind of business see way, in a in a in an interpersonal way, in a familial way. I've identified the people and the relationships that I have that I really care about, and I make time and energy for those and then everything outside of that circle I is I just surrender. It just has to. And the and and the cost is that that person, this friend of yours might be upset with you, and they might uh be Yeah, they might be upset that you didn't remember their birthday. But you have you have to be okay with upsetting people. You should have people in your life, like here's what people like, uh, you know, the whole thing of like someone walking around being like, I don't care what people think of me. I don't care about pissing people off. I don't care about what like that. I don't I don't think that's not that's not a good idea to apply to everyone and everything, but it's a great idea to apply to kind of most things and most people. You should totally you should totally have people, you know what I mean, Like you should totally have a lot. You should totally have people. Doesn't have to be a lot of people, certainly should not be most people, but you should have certain people in certain relationships where you really don't want to piss them off, and you really want to make them happy and you really want to invest yourself in the relationship, and like, you should have people in your life who you actually care about whether or not they feel like you care about them. But that should not be most people, and that list should be a hand crafted list. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense, and I feel like I definitely do agree with it, Like, yeah, you can't be friends with all whatever eight billion people in the world or whatever. But I just feel bad because like we were such close friends for years, you know, and it wasn't like something crazy. It's not like you know, oh she like fucked my boyfriend or something, you know, nothing crazy happened. It was just like this weird like I can't I kind of can put my finger on it, but I can't quite put my finger in it. But like I just didn't enjoy spending as much time with her, And and now I'm like, should I reach back out to her?
Speaker 4: I don't know, do you want?
Speaker 1: Do you want to?
Speaker 3: I feel I feel kind of guilty about saying this, But like in the two or so months that we haven't been, you know, spending time with each other, I feel pretty all right right now, Like.
Speaker 1: I no, no, no, no, I I don't think it's mean it is I constantly I don't think I constantly look at the people in my life and the things I constantly am looking at people in my life and going, would I care if I never ever saw this person again, and I think about that something, I'll think about a person or I'll have a interaction or something, and I'll be like, if I never saw this person ever again, it would I would be fine. I don't think that's mean. I don't. I will take this hard stance that I don't think that's mean because I have people in my life, like if I like, I have best friends, and I have family that I deeply care about seeing, you know, and I have people who i'd uh love to see again and who I'd be happy. But then this just there's is certain people where I just my gut is like I would not care if I ever saw that, if I never saw that person ever again. I think that's fine. I think it's okay. I think it leaves more mental energy for you to like actually like live your fucking life. And also, by the way, we live in a world that's not meant for us in any way, shape or far. Do you you know what I mean? Like we like this is the first time ever we're expected to be available to everyone all the time, Like, uh, I mean it's a meme of like how it feels to unfollow that person you've been following on Instagram that you met at a party once. Yeah, Like I don't think it's I don't think it's mean. It feels it kind of feels uncomfortable because it's like against the societal expectation that you should always respond to everyone all the time and always uh be on your whatever. But like it's it's okay the people like the folks that you leave on uh scene, right, but also you'll get back to them eventually. In this is like dude, I really I don't want to bring gender into this, but I feel like I feel like this is a guy thing, is it? Do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I have people who I like fucking love, Like I just she's like I just fucking like I think they're great people. Our lives just go in different whatever or maybe we haven't picked up the phone, right and I'll call them after like a year of not talking to them or not or not even anything like that, like five months whatever, and it's like nothing, you know, yeah, like people understand that. Yeah good, I'm not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, No, I feel like I also have some friends that I see like once a year, but like the one time a year I see them, we have like a fucking blast.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's really hot this christial.
Speaker 3: With social media. Like I'm thinking about this person, like you know, we're still like following each other on like Instagram, and it's like, you know, I'm not gonna like not follow you know what I mean? Yeah, like these people that, Yeah, that's true. I think I think she has me on you actually, so she did the work for me. But yeah, I agree. I feel like it would be nice if I don't know, we return to Monk a little bit more, and you know, I don't need to know about like the coffee that all of my you know, hundreds of people that I'm falling on Instagram like drink every day, but like, you know, the one time a year where I do hang out with like a couple I would say considered like close emotionally, but like not close, you know, in terms of how often we hang out, but like, yeah, like it's always a blast because if you have so much to catch up on, and like I know, I feel like it's because you only see each other once a year or whatever. It makes it that much more special, not that I only want to see my friends once a year. I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I get well, I mean I get what you're mean. I mean, do you have do you have a best friend?
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I only really know about, uh, this friend that you don't like. Do you have friends that you do like?
Speaker 3: I do have friends that I do like. They're pretty cool people.
Speaker 1: I think you talk Do you talk to them often?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see. Okay, So it's really interesting because like, yeah, some of my friends, I mean, people just have like different communication preferences. I guess, like one of my closest friends, we live pretty close together, and we tix relatively offens, but not necessarily every day, maybe every like two days, three days. I have some friends that I would consider, you know, my closest friends, but you know, we might only tix like once a week or two. Oh my god. This okay, this is like a complete tangent. But this is a super cute thing that a friend started doing with me, and I would recommend everyone do this because it's super cute and very intentional, but because we're both like calendar people, and we both consider each other like very close friends. She just see, that's like a recurring monthly hike with me, which is like the cutest thing event. Every time I see it in my calendar, I'm like, oh, you know, I'll hike is coming up in two weeks or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is really cute. I like that.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have there we go. You have friends that you like, this person who you hike with you you're intentionally making an effort to invest in your relationship with this person because you like being with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's so that means you are not whatever uh uh anti social psychopathic monster you you're making yourself out to believe you are by not wanting to be in constant communication with this other person, you have the capability of to feel and connect with other people. But yeah, I think there's something. I really think there's something to uh directing your focus and directing your energy, you know, out of out of a genuine desire to do ship. I mean, I mean life is life, and there's a lot of situations where we we do shit out of obligation. But you know, in the in the ways in which you can do less out of obligation. I think, uh, you should, and friend relationships are one of them, and he's surrendered to it. That's how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I I shouldn't talk to her unless I really, like, genuinely feel like I really would like enjoying talking to her.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the answer to that question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I guess I get basically everything that you just said. You would say, yes.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, I I'm not asking. Well, I'm not I see what would say? I mean, what would I'm being a fucking armchair therapist asshole? But uh, well, I do do you agree with that sentiment?
Speaker 3: I think other than we do have a couple, like literally just like two mutual friends, two or three mutual friends. Obviously, if you know, we get together to do this mutual friend that's a different thing. But yeah, yeah, I think I agree with you overall. Like right now, I just feel compelled to reach out to her because some of my mutual friends recently talked to me about it, and like, I feel like I feel like there's pressure for me to reach out to her because we were friends and we still have mutual friends. But like, yeah, I just feel pressured to reach out to her.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could just reach out to her and lay it on the Well, I don't know, I don't know how much. I don't know if I don't know about the radical honesty type of thing.
Speaker 4: But uh.
Speaker 1: Ah, fuck yeah, do whatever you want. Sorry, I know that this is all Well, it matters if you decide it matters, That's what I'm getting at. And if you decide that your relationship with this person matters, if you decide your relationship with this person matters in the context of keeping the peace amongst the mutual friends, that's a legitimate a thing. You get what I'm You get what I'm saying. Like, you can decide, like you can decide it matters again what I said. You can decide it matters in the con because you want to keep the peace among the mutual friends. You can decide that a relationship matters. You can decide that a relationship matters for reasons other than other than just you like the person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, yeah, And I guess a lot of people do that with you know, like families and stuff as well.
Speaker 1: Like I was a crazy yeah yeah, while I was talking, I was thinking about that the family thing, Like sometimes you go to like like, uh, you go you visit your family because it's a mitzvah, you know what I mean? You just like you do it because it's a good thing to visit my family. Even if you're not having the best time, you just do it. But that's because family is important to you, because you've decided it's important to you. But why you shouldn't have that same energy towards everyone and everything that is in your orbit. But if you decide to keeping the peak, that that you have to maintain this relationship to keep the peace and and keeping the piece is important to you, then then it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I know I said I wasn't going to forget your name, but I.
Speaker 3: Did, And so oh no, you want to give.
Speaker 1: M carry.
Speaker 3: Stella pretty close, Stella.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: If you really want to dye your hair and you're too scared to you should just do it. Ble you shouldn't dye your hair.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Stella, have a good rest of your entire life.
Speaker 3: Thanks Lyle, Bye bye Stella.
Speaker 1: So, in case anyone was unclear about how to interpret anything I said on that phone call. What I'm meaning to say is that you should cut off all your friends and family. You should not talk to anyone. You should you should stay at home alone in your room. If your friends reach out to you, you should. You should break your phone in half, and you should just you should never talk to anyone ever, and you should die alone. That's what I just to clarify what I meant by everything I said. No, I don't know. I think, yeah, it's important to have relationships, stay connected. But that's why there's a billion think pieces about this. But and I've probably talked about this a bunch, But uh, that's why community is good, because it's like just having a place that you should like. The best relationship the best not the best. But a lot of good relationships come from just the fact that if it comes from situations where you can just be living your adult life, and by nature of you living your adult life, there are people passing through, you know, like work or showing up to a club or some shit. But but that doesn't matter because you shouldn't do any of that. You should just be alone forever and not not do anything. This is what I think. Hello, what's up, brother, what's your name.
Speaker 4: My name's culture Culture.
Speaker 1: Culture. I called you because you said, please call me Lyle. I have a secret to share.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a big secret to share.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, just because I don't, this is making i'm I feel like you're gonna this is gonna be like a jokey thing. And it's okay if it is, but I'm i'm I feel like I'll be a little disappointed if it is. I'm like, I'm I you've low key primed me like an actual secret.
Speaker 4: It depends on if you want it to be a secret or not.
Speaker 1: If I if I, if I want it to be secret or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why why why would I? What do you mean? It's yours, it's your secret. Why would I? What does my desire of its secret hood have to do with it?
Speaker 4: No, I I I actually didn't have a secret at all.
Speaker 1: I just you didn't have a secret at all. You didn't have a.
Speaker 4: Joke secret, not even a joke secret. I'm trying so hard to think of a joke so you I'm too high to do that right now.
Speaker 1: God fucking damn it. You didn't even have a joke. You didn't even have a joke secret. I thought you were gonna like say something cutesy like, uh, I think my cat is gay? Right, I don't know. I thought you're gonna say something like you don't even have any you don't even literally what what were you? Okay? And by the way I took you, by the way, I saved you just now because I diverted the conversation away from what would you have said? If I had just said, Okay, what's the secret?
Speaker 4: I probably would have said, I think my cat's kay.
Speaker 1: You don't have any You don't have a secret. You texted me. You texted me that because you texted me that, because you knew that.
Speaker 4: I Oh, I knew, dude. I listened to you every single day on my way to work and on my way home from work. Like, I know you, bro, I know you?
Speaker 1: Do you know you? And you know that? I? Oh, my fucking gut.
Speaker 4: Where are I know you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I'm in I'm in Florida, I'm I'm in Tampa.
Speaker 1: What are you doing in Tampa?
Speaker 4: I went to school at USF. I have my psychology degree, So maybe that's why I can I know you, Lyle.
Speaker 1: What are you using your psychology degree to do?
Speaker 4: That is undetermined at this point, I just graduated like four months ago, so I'm still figuring it out. But I'm a photographer right now. What do I want to do? I mean, I've always been interested in uh, Down syndrome, Like I think it's super Yeah yeah, no, like actually I just think I don't know. I think they're on a different wavelength and I think there like can be they can be so much more genuine and happy than any other person can, and I just find that so interesting.
Speaker 1: But are you trying to so you wanna like do do a program or something like that where you can work with with people with Down syndrome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, that'd be that'd be awesome. I'm still, you know, figuring it out. Yeah yeah, I think that'd be pretty cool. I've worked with kids with special needs before. So yeah, I can't believe I'm talking to you if.
Speaker 1: You're joking about that. If you're joking, are you that you're being serious?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I can't trust you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Lyle. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I may one day find the strength to forgive you, but that's not today. Okay, Uh alright, so you're so you So what are you doing now? He's chilling. Are you like working, are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Bro, I'm I'm a photographer. I just got off work a little bit ago. But yeah, I'm just chilling. I'm playing Fortnite. I live in an awesome place with my girlfriend. Uh. My life's my life's going pretty well right now. But yeah, what are you doing right now? He's sitting in your chair.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting in a windowless room talking to you.
Speaker 4: Wow, dude, you go ahead, go ahead. No, no, I I know I said. I listened to you every day. I've been listening to you since like twenty twenty one, when I was still in high school. Uh and when I was in I went to Germany for this internship, and I listened to you every single day. Uh. So I feel like I kind of know you in a way, and I didn't know what you look like for the longest time because I feel like you can be like self deprecating at times, and I was like, this guy's got to be like ugly or something. But dude, you're a guy. Like you're cute. Bro, you got to you gotta hit the streets. You gotta get the girls. Bro.
Speaker 1: You know what, Carlton, I had you all wrong? You're actually a great guy. I forgive you for for tricking me. Your flattery is has uh been tremendously effective, banks Man. No, I I appreciate that. I don't know. I feel I just I don't feel like I'm at my I don't look how I want to right now. I don't feel like I look opt I don't look optimally the way that I would like that.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay. It's it's it's not you know, it is what it just is what it is. But no, what do you did you think I was gonna look like the fucking uh fat bastard from Austin Powers.
Speaker 4: I I don't know. I just thought you were gonna look like uh how the portray like Reddit mods? You know, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But you're like, I mean, I I appreciate you saying that. I mean, I I'm I could I like there's a universe where I could look more like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't think I look like how i'd love to look, you know, like I'm overweight, but I I had you know, I have a girl, and I have a plate, like I'm living my life the best I can but dude.
Speaker 1: Like, did I'm literally imagining you as like like a high school football quarterback, like wearing like a leatherman jacket. That's genuinely like, I'm not like before you even brought up like what each other might look like, I was picturing you as that with like a Justin Bieber flow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bro, that that's not That's not it. What do you?
Speaker 1: How do you? What do you look like? Describe yourself?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, I'm taller, which is an advantage. I'm like six.
Speaker 1: Three okay, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like two and fifty pounds, so I'm like a bigger guy. But the height kind of accounts for it in a way. But bro, I'm like, I'm like a nerd, like I I was in band and uh like I I graduated from high school with my college degree. I'm just I'm a nerd harder. But I don't know. Maybe it's the Florida effect. How I sound?
Speaker 1: Mmm? How close do you think Florida is too seceding from the Union?
Speaker 4: Dude? Like, how is Florida portrayed? I know you you live in New York, right, I do?
Speaker 1: How's Florida portrayed? I mean, I think you know the answer to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I do too. It's just like Florida, man, like alligators and shit, right, Disney World.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And then also I like just having its own thing going on down there, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Yeah, yeah it does. I mean it's full of people from all over the world. Like I work at this restaurant and I'm a photographer there, and I meet people from like everywhere, like South Africa and I don't know, just every and it's like everyone just comes to Florida, you know.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sure it's the same way with New York. Like New York City, everyone fucking got his their But.
Speaker 1: Do you and you live in Tampa? I do you know what I love about Tampa?
Speaker 4: What do you love about Tampa?
Speaker 1: I love the big flamingo in the airport.
Speaker 4: Uh what a what a niche little uh niche little thing.
Speaker 1: And there's also a am I going to Tampa this year? I don't know, But there's also I did the Tampa Improv twice and that's located in a place called Wyber, which is a shopping center that just has chickens running around in Tampa. Yeah, you know Wiber right, Oh, ebor ebor yeah, ebor yeah, bro yeah yeah yeah, and they have chicken.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, yeah yeah yeah, that's where I met my girlfriend actually in e Wars.
Speaker 1: Really is your girlfriend a chicken?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She actually is a chicken? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is it? What's it like? What's it like to have sex with a chicken?
Speaker 4: Dude, It's it's something else. Let me tell you. If you're if you're looking for love, all you need to go. All you need to do is go to the grocery store. The skin ones are better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like I have I feel like having sex with a chicken that's alive is better than one.
Speaker 4: That's yeah yeah, wackage.
Speaker 1: But you know what's weird? I actually wonder would you get more diseases? Would you get more diseases from like having sex with a live chicken or like rubbing like raw chicken all over your your dick and ass. I think I think you'd probably get more diseases from you'd probably I actually don't know what do you think? Which one do you think is one diseases?
Speaker 4: Probably the live one only because it's getting like run through already, you know, so it's like triple the amount of disease.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe how's how is it getting ran through already?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, if it's a female chicken and it's like laying eggs and shit, and you know, like you know, and it's out in the wild, and like who knows what's out there?
Speaker 1: So I guess I don't are how does that work? How do you know? How do they make chickens? Because chickens lay eggs, they make a bunch of babies. But then does the male chicken the rooster? Uh hold on, I'm gonna okay, wait, culture.
Speaker 4: Culture yeah, culture, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Stay stay right there for a second.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: We'll just stay there. Don't move.
Speaker 4: I'm staying right here. I'm actually on the toilet right now. You caught me on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Bro um, okay, chicken's mate through a quick Chickens have sex through a quick, non penetrative act called the colloaqal kiss, where the rooster mounts the hend, balances on her back, and briefly presses his kloaka a single opening for waste and reproduction against hers to transfer egg sperm. Wait hold on, okay, okay. The rooster performs courtship displays like dancing and offering food before a mounting, grabbing the hen's comb or neck feathers for balance, and trending his feet. Okay, his video of this hold on? Ooh, I like how this YouTube. I like how YouTube YouTube does this thing where like I click on the video and it it actually starts at the time code where the chickens are having sex. YouTube kind of like, we'll cut the best part of it for you.
Speaker 4: Don't you just love the world?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I don't love technology.
Speaker 1: Oh wait is it? It's not showing it, but basically the I don't think it's a non penetrative it's a non penetrative act. I think he's I think he just like. I think he just like yeah, yeah, okay, he presses her clothes. I think it's like a spraying.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So if you did have sex with the chicken, I think you would. I believe. I think it's probably possible to have penetrative sex with the chicken, and if you did it, you'd likely be the first person to have sex with that particular Yeah, now.
Speaker 4: That you say that, you're so right lyle have you seen the duck penis before? No?
Speaker 1: And you know what? Hold on? I'm gonna do that right now.
Speaker 4: No, now, this will blow your mind.
Speaker 1: All right, Um, I'm looking at it. Wait, let's see gallipore. Uh duck penis, they're really tiny.
Speaker 4: They're like, no, they're like you see like the cork like it's they're huge.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, they're not duck screws to compete with other males. Oh shit, oh ship yeah. This ducks penis is a full nine centimeters long. This one's, this one's this one's three centimeters. Wow, holy shit.
Speaker 4: I thought they get like massive, like like feet.
Speaker 1: No, it's not bad. Know, their duck penises are not that big.
Speaker 4: No, I'm mistaken. Maybe that's a Mandela effect.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a Mandela effect.
Speaker 4: A low key might be, yeah, because I remember, like as a kid, like like looking up duck penis and it was like huge.
Speaker 1: Men Mandela effect. Mandela effect is like people not knowing if he's alive or dead.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah. Yeah, it's like Baron skin Bears, beren Steinber's he's dead right yeah, Oh oh he's got to be now or I think he was Like at the time, when was this, like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like he died, he died a while ago. Yeah, dude, what a cool life Nelson Mandela. I mean he really damn he died, Dude. He was ninety five years old when he died. That's such a huge that's such a like, dude, for a man to do that like this meant like dismantling the apartheid of an entire fucking nation and then like doing a bunch of other cool shit, and then you know what, he probably has a bunch of probably a wife and kids and stuff like that. A six kids. Holy shit, he had six kids, three wives, dismantled in apartheid state, pissed off a bunch of people on the right and the left. Uh. He received over two hundred and fifty honors. Mandela is an On his Wikipedia page, it says it literally says he's one of the best people of all time. Mandela is widely considered one of the greatest figures of the twentieth century. Literally on his imagine on your Wikipedia page, it just says he's one of the greatest guys that's ever lived.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people don't know if he lived or died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well lived, well lived or died. Is he's dead, lived or died? Is like you've heard ninety five. You know what I mean, like lived or died is like what you say about somebody who like, uh is like at war or something like it's kind of pending, you know what I mean. But like true, he's not he he went as far as you could. No one lives, No one lives period.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, Well, I have a question. What if you could be in any history and time, like point in time, when would it be this passfors this one right now? Oh yeah really with all your knowledge as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow do I have to wait? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, can I come? Can I just like take a peek?
Speaker 4: You have to live. Let's let's let's say a year.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck that, No, I'm staying here. Well a year, a year? Nah fuck no fuck that, I'm staying here. I'll stay here. Interesting, I mean you could, I mean you could go back in time and like use the information that you have to like no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm staying here. No. Yeah, absolutely, because I was gonna say you could, like because if you went back in time, what like there's the easy one of people being like, oh you can go back in time, like use knowledge you have about world events to like make money or whatever. But it's like, well, you can use the knowledge you have about world events to like actually, there's no world events that I have knowledge of that I that was negative that I could like stop. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's no there's nothing that I I I personally could stop, Like I can't stop any like election. I mean there's like assassinations I can stop. Like like me personally, I don't have the.
Speaker 4: Dude, you could stop all of the Holocaust, Bro, you could.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could have stopped the Holocaust.
Speaker 4: It's you went back. I feel like if you went back to like when Hitler was like a kid or not a kid, but like a teenager or whatever, and he's trying to get an art school and you got him in the art school, Like I don't know, that might change everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think how how am I how Like I'm a random guy. I don't have any I don't know anyone in the ninth.
Speaker 4: If you went there were ge Goo suit, I think that earns you instant respect.
Speaker 1: It could that's I think.
Speaker 4: He would follow you into into anywhere you want to go.
Speaker 1: Also, I can't talk to Hitler. I don't speak uh Jorman, and I don't have uh Google translate at the time. Like there's just I like, I don't think I could, and then that's I want to kill him. It's like how, I don't How am I going to get a gun? Am I really gonna do that? Am I? Like the legist the logistics of even if like a baby, like I don't have it in me to like kill a baby. I don't even think. I don't think it's right to kill a baby, even if even if you know, like if I could go back to time, like if I I think that that's a moral quandary to me, because like if I go back in time and I just killed like contextually, I'm not killing baby Hitler, I'm just kept killing a baby. I think it's I think I think it's so fucked up to be like, well, he's gonna do all this stuff, but yeah, but he did, you know he didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all didn't do anything, you know, Yeah, no, exactly, Yeah, I mean yeah, when I just said, we all have the same potential like when we're little babies, like anyone could be anyone, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true that we all have the same potential. I I don't know. I mean, there's so much of how your life plays out not so not I don't know, I'm being needlessly deterministic. But a lot of how your life plays out is based on I think it's fair to say that a lot of how your life plays out is based on like who you're like, like where you're born, and who your friends are and stuff like that. I think it's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's true. Like you said, you say, this's a lot that you you see your dad, you see yourself and your dad, And I've heard you say that before. Yeah, and when you say that, like I I I also do, like I see my dad and myself and it's super weird, Like I'm just and I wonder, like was because I never met my grandpa, But I'm like, was he like this too? Like is it just really was? Since? But like since when? Like is it just like go on forever and we're all just like copies of each other in a way. It's weird. But I also like the whole nurture versus nature thing. It's like I think it's nurture and nature because you, like, I see people as like a computer, and you're like the motherboard when you're born, and then you get software like as you grow, like based on your environment and like your parents and stuff. But yeah, I don't what do you what do you? What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm I'm looking through Nelson Mandel's Wikipedia page right now. He he literally was like, like, dude, he just fucking he like dismantled. He just he like he dismantles apartheid. Then he fucking uh because he becomes an elder statesman, he declines a presidential term. He literally voluntarily gave someone else power, like that's unheard of. And then and then you know what he did after that? He gets because he was bored. You don't know elseon Mandela does when he's bored. Was it Colton? Know what Nelson Mandela does when he's bored.
Speaker 4: It's culture with an art culter culture.
Speaker 1: You know what Nelson Mandela does when he's bored.
Speaker 4: What does he do when he's bored.
Speaker 1: He focuses on combating not only poverty, but also aids through the charitable Nelson Mandela Foundation, founded in nineteen ninety nine. When he was Yeah, when he finished being the president, he just quit being the president to eradicate poverty and AIDS because he was bored.
Speaker 4: Dude, he got the Bible.
Speaker 1: He got the Nobel Peace Prize. What else did he do?
Speaker 4: Dude? You should you should get one of his six kids on the show.
Speaker 1: That would be fucking awesome. That would be really good. O the way, Okay, okay, all of his children? No, okay, all right, he actually okay, So he has it says here he has six children, and it says six children in including mcgatho, Macki, Zenani, and Zin.
Speaker 4: De z Wa.
Speaker 1: So only four and and all of their names are are highlighted blue, which means they lead to links they like each of like four of four of his six children also have Wikipedia pages, which means two of his children are just chilling.
Speaker 4: Are relevant?
Speaker 1: Are are? For lack of a better word, yes, around two of Nelson's men. Two of Nelson Mandel's children are, for lack of a better word, not relevant enough. They're they're not relevant enough to have a Wikipedia page.
Speaker 4: Maybe that'll make it easier to get them on the show.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, that's true, that's true. Maybe, Yeah, they're probably not as busy, Okay, mcgaetho mcgatho unfortunately passed away.
Speaker 4: Okay in the heart.
Speaker 1: Bro Maguet, Well, but he passed away. But he was he wasn't like a little kid. He was fifty four. He's a bummer, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like he's still kind of a little kid.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, maccauz z way macca ze way is she's seven. Hold she's seventy one, go girl.
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 1: Dude, how old was Nelson Mandela when he had these fucking kids? Fifty?
Speaker 4: What he is?
Speaker 1: How old is nels? How old is Nelson Mandela? Nineteen eighty? Okay? Alright? He had them at like a normal age?
Speaker 4: What's a what's a normal age to have kids?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't know if he had like a like like you know, late twenties on. I didn't know if he had I don't know if he had them at like when he was like, you know, like eighteen or something like that. All right, So all right, so what still alive? Okay? And then Zanani is a South African diplomat.
Speaker 4: Oh one of his kids, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's and then okay, then the other one I was also, uh Zinzi has passed away. She passed damn she passed away kind of recently.
Speaker 4: L r P.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, she passed away from COVID.
Speaker 4: Oh damn. That is that's like a it's like a sign of the times. Well, yeah, damn, that's tough.
Speaker 1: Who's his? Oh ship is fucking damn damn dude. Wait uh oh okay, his wife is his?
Speaker 4: His?
Speaker 1: The woman he was married to at the time. Uh is still alive?
Speaker 4: Oh wow? Shit? How old is she?
Speaker 1: She's eight eighty so, yeah, she's eighty.
Speaker 4: Oh. So she was kind of young. Huh she was, she.
Speaker 1: Seemed she was. Okay, he was born in nineteen eighteen. What what's forty five minus eighteen? That's one of those really tricky man, Right, Yeah, what's forty five? What's forty five minus eighteen? Twenty seven? Okay, so she was twenty seven years younger than he was.
Speaker 4: Damn all right.
Speaker 1: So if we're if we're talking, you know, age gap relationships are are definitely you know, they're they're a touchy subject in modern society. But she was sixty eight years old, okay, and he was ninety when he died. I think by the time you're sixty eight, you can go for it. I think it's sixty yeah, at sixty eight you can date. Like, there's certain ages where I think it's completely appropriate to date. However older you can, and so at sixty eight, I think it's okay to be dating a guy in his nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, for sure, for sure. Yeah. Hold, I think it's I think it's weird when you're like fifty and you're dating like a nineteen year old, Like that's that's the that's the line for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty fifty and fifty and nineteen is controversial. Fifty and ninety one not as controversial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you're right, you're right. You're right because you're I mean, you're mature at that point. Yeah, like night, Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think if you're I think if you're fifty, you should be able to date any age for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 1: Wait what do you think about I was gonna say, like I was never mind, that's it doesn't make any sense. I was gonna say, but about being like nineteen dating one hundred year old.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's that's at that point, that's.
Speaker 1: Just who's taking advantage of who in that situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, exactly. I was just literally just about to say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's taking advantage of who in that situation. One, if you're like, like I'm talking like one hundred, one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Old, Yeah, no, I think if you're one hundred years old, you're getting the benefit of like having a younger spouse, but as the nineteen year old, you're getting like all the inheritance hopefully or whatever they have. Like, so it's it's kind of a win win in.
Speaker 1: A way, because when you're a hundred that you can't even be Actually, you know what, how old is Dick Van Dyke? He's okay, never mind, Okay, I was gonna say at one hundred years old, you're not even there. But Dick van Dyke is pretty sharp.
Speaker 4: How old is Dick van Dyke?
Speaker 1: One hundred is g'z one hundred?
Speaker 4: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 1: How is he? How is he still fucking alive?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How old do you expect yourself to live? Or how old do you want yourself to live?
Speaker 1: I'd like to do eighty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think eighty is pretty good. Wait, check this out, Dick van Dyke. Now we're just hanging out of my Wikipedia. Who gives a shit Dick Van Dyke? Okay, in nineteen. Okay, so get this, okay. Dick Van Dyke was born in nineteen twenty five. Okay, in nineteen seventy two. So when he was forty seven years old, he had he'd been struggling with alcoholism for his entire life, checked into a hospital for we for three weeks to be treated for his alcohol addiction. And now he's sober. So he quit. So he quit drinking when he was forty eight, and now he's like, we'll live into one hundred. Okay, look at he was a heavy smoker for most of his life. And in January twenty thirteen, so when he was damn damned in his late eighties, he claimed to have been using nicorette for the past decade. So he figures, he figures out how to do it. Man, I don't know, he's just I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Not got those year jeans.
Speaker 1: Who's he got married? Okay? His wife is dead. His wife died a long time ago. I don't like the way I said that. That felt that feels weird. Wait, No, that's ald on. Wait okay, his wife hold on the wayst it was just was No, his wife's alive. That's wrong. I'm wrong. One of his one of his ex wives is dead. But wait, wait, wait, okay, this kind of this plays this plays into it, this plays into what we were talking about. Okay, Dick van Dyke one hundred years old. Guess how old his wife is?
Speaker 4: Ooh, mid sixties. Let's go like sixty.
Speaker 1: Four, fifty four years old. Damn damn so he So he's.
Speaker 4: Mayried to a woman right there.
Speaker 1: He's married to a woman half his age. Yeah, more or less. Yeah, but she's fifty four. You know, most of the time, if you're married a woman half your age, people like it's a little whatever. But he's fifty four, Yeah, fifty four years old. It's funny if you look at it, if you look at a picture of them together, it looks a little it's interesting. But he's I don't know, he's just full of he's full of life. He's doing pretty good. One hundred years old. Goddamn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder what the secret is. I don't I don't know. I'd be like, I don't know, I'm I'm I'm not ready to die. Of course I'm still young, but like when the time comes, I won't be or I don't know, I don't know. I don't know. Maybe I'll be scared, maybe not.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I wonder if he's scared to die, Like no, he's breaking out.
Speaker 4: I'll be sad. I think by that time I'll probably have kids and stuff and it'll just be like, damn, you know, bro.
Speaker 1: Imagine having a Imagine having a imagine having a seventy four year old son. His son is seventy four, dude, Damn wow, imagine you have a imagine your son isn't old? Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I I can't even imagine that, honestly. Okay, imagine my son is like a you know, thirty year old dude. Yeah, when I'm dying here, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, okay, do you know the movie Don't Worry Darling? I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's pretty It's.
Speaker 1: Popular for all these on for the for the on set drama. It was written by Dick Van Dyke's kids.
Speaker 4: Really do you know that? I did not know that?
Speaker 1: Dude? Who is this Dick Van Dyke guy? He's just doing it.
Speaker 4: He's just Wow, who's your favorite person in history? You're talking so much about Dick Van Dyke and then Nelson and Della. It's like history's on your mind right now?
Speaker 1: Who's my favorite person in history?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't, I don't, I am I don't know if I have one, do you?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, I don't know. I really like I like Bill Nye. I think he's pretty cool. I like uh, I like Neil de grasse Tyson. He's also Oh no, you know what number one answer favorite person that I can name off the top of my head, just like, I guess this is just celebrities because I'm like, this is the time I'm living in. But I think John Cena is a genuinely good dude. Like I don't even watch wrestling or anything. He seems like a good ass dude. Yeah, I like his vibe. Mhm. Do you have a like a favorite celebrity or something like an idol or anything?
Speaker 1: I like? Uh, I don't know. I like Norm m. MacDonald. He's funny, he's he passed away. Uh maybe Ben's Stiller. No, I don't. I just wanted to say, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Actually I don't have I don't have for Ben Stiller. I just I just he's alive. I just felt I just felt the need to say something.
Speaker 4: Coulter could, yeah, Culter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm so fucking mad that you told me you.
Speaker 4: Had a dude. I didn't know how hard it would be to get on the show, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, apparently it's not that hard. Apparently it's easy, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm not I'm not a liar. I just it's all right. I've wanted to talk to you for.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way you are you, by the way you I don't believe in hardcore labels like liar.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, but you did lie I did. Yeah. Yeah, it was just a little white lie, you know, to you. To me, it was it was detrimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I really actually know, it's well to me. To me, it took what I thought was going to be like a juicy phone call into thirty eight minutes of me browsing Wikipedia with you, basically an entire podcast of me browsing Wikipedia with you. And I don't mind that at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's okay. Yeah, I'm just glad to be talking to you right now. It's like, it's it's wild, it's wild hearing you when I listen to you every day. It's weird. But uh, yeah, I think you're really I see myself a lot in you in a way. It's weird, but I think I think if we we knew each other, we'd be friends. I think that to myself.
Speaker 1: Hey, Culture, Yeah, we can be friends right now.
Speaker 4: Dude. That's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I love that is there? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Live your life to the fullest, guys, and just remember that love is everything.
Speaker 1: Hey, gek, bless your Culture.
Speaker 4: Gek, bless you, Lyle. I love you. Talk to you later, all right.
Speaker 1: See you, man, love you too, Love you too, Culture, love you. Love you so fucking much. Culture.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love you.
Speaker 1: So fucking much.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: I love you more than any I love you more than any chicken or civil rights leader on the planet Earth. Culture.
Speaker 4: That's so sweet. You need to make a You need to make a show, Lyle, like a TV show. You need to get on that else. Uh yeah, no, that's it. Oh are you coming to Tampa this year?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: You should I might for me? Okay, all right, Lyle, Well, I love you again, and I'll uh, I'll listen to you, and tomorrow morning, when I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 1: Sweet, I'll look forward to being there vicariously through my digital self.
Speaker 4: Thanks Lyle. It's great talking man.
Speaker 1: Good talking man. You take care. That was culture. I hope you guys enjoyed listening to that. I got lost in it. I enjoyed me. I enjoy I got lost in it. That was fun for me. I like looking at Wikipedia. I like looking at it stuff. I like the culture. I hope you enjoyed it. But if you didn't, at least one person did. And that person is men.
Speaker 4: Shun is Id. You's teaching you to housing your life, but he's not really an expert.