Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jessa, Larry Isshelaman the guy we ought to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, Neil Brennan. Welcome back. Yeah, gonna be here.
Speaker 3: It was back with another special called crazy Good.
Speaker 1: Neil is one of the.
Speaker 3: Last of the comedians who actually make special special.
Speaker 1: Thank you for Searla Man, thank you for noticing, and thank you for dissing most of my peers, both at the same time. Yeah, why not get your man, You can do both hit it.
Speaker 3: Do you feel less pressure of putting this one out versus the others?
Speaker 1: Like the Blocks three mics, this one is not If you thought the other ones were on some emo bullshit, I hear you. This one has no emo ness to it at all. It's just like fifty three minutes of like this is me, like sprinting. I like them. I know I do too, But there are people that are like, nah, yeah, my man was a little too little, too incher. I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: Somebody else, you know, somebody said that to me about Bill Burr recently. They was like, Bill might be doing a little too much.
Speaker 1: There, you know. Well, I watched him on here and it was funny to see him be like that because it's so not what he's been like. But I but I Bill was sort of weirdly the inspiration for three mics in a weird way because he had done a thing called The Moth and he talked about emotional stuff. So so I just but I just did two of them. And the other thing is like I feel better, I don't feel depressed anymore. So I didn't. I wasn't going to force it. A dude, I did the show, I did crazy good in DC, and a dude DM me afterward and was like, I kept waiting for you to show up because he was basically saying like, why weren't you sad? So I have an announcement at the beginning of the show like, Hey, I'm not sad, so just enjoy yourself. Let me let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: What got you out of that sad.
Speaker 2: Because you've been up here several times? Yeah, you had a total different light, different space. And I was like, Neil Brendan's not sad today, He's.
Speaker 1: Not down, He's not Neil Brennan, sir.
Speaker 2: I said Neil nick no, I said, so what got you into this? What got you into this new space?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well I call it plant medicine. The cops call them drugs, Okay. Uh. Honestly, the thing I talked about before ayahuasca. Uh, this thing called d M T, which I don't recommend, but it was it kind of broke my brain and then it re congealed into something better. And then this past year M d M A has been really good for if you do M d M A in a non party space, it can be Uh, it can, it can. In my ex as, it was a god connection that ecstasy.
Speaker 3: So what made you think you needed that?
Speaker 1: Like? What got you to the point where let me try ihascle because I because I tried zoloft, I tried, I tried everything, and uh and it was kind of working and this was it was just it was kind of a hail Mary, like let's see and uh. And the funny thing is people can tell like when you're like, Neil's not that yeah, Like I'm just kind of different. I'm wearing orange. I mean, come on, but I am like energetically I'm different and it's due to that. And then I've just gotten a lot of like it's the corniest shit in the world, but like gratitude, you've been doing You've been on gratitude a long time. Absolutely. I was talking to buddy of mine about how how I I was, like, I was doing like a gratitude checklist. I would do it once a day and I would just go over the facts of my life because our brains kind of write sci fi about like so and sows out to get you and she hates you, and this and that and but none almost none of it's true. And so I would do a gratitude checklist of like the facts of my life, like you are a successful comedian, you have three Netflix specials, you're you know, you have a commitment to growth, you're curious, you're intelligent, you know, all like at positive attributes. And then a buddy mine was and we were talking about Islam, and I go, Islam's got it right where they're like they pray five times a day, like you kind of need to. And he goes, well, why don't you gratitude five times a day? And I was like, Okay, So I've been doing that and I don't always get to five, but but I've been doing that for the last four or five months, and it's been it's been great. So you find something to be thankful full five times a day. Yeah, I just do kind of the same list five times a day. Yea of like the facts of my life, Like I'm a health I mean, anyone that can hear this, things are going pretty well. Even though if you're having a bad day or you're in debt or like, there are things that are negative. But like if you live in a in a world where you can watch this or hear this, things are better for you than they are for a lot of the world.
Speaker 3: Do things check off on the you own waking up mm hmm and making it home safely at night, that is a very under appreciation. It's a very unappreciated blessing to make it home at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody and make it home like either they not like they a lot of people die in work. No, but I'm saying, like you be aware, but like people die, just stuff that's real basics, right, you forget and if you can, I've And it's it's like I said, it's so corny, but like it's effective just doing just remembering how fortunate you are.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, you know, will you ever fearful of losing their quote unquote touch right when you have a speak sometimes rapers, it'd be like, I don't want to give up the lean because that's I think that helps me write better.
Speaker 1: Did you ever feel like if I go through what.
Speaker 2: I'm going through, the aahuasc whatever you trying to get, you know, over that that bump, that hump, that you would lose your touch.
Speaker 3: As a comedian the genius?
Speaker 1: I don't really there. I'm two minds about it, which is one of them is I don't It's a reflex at this point, like I've been known this like thirty years, so if a news story happens, I can kind of like you know, and uh, and if I lose it, I had a good run, like I've started. Half Bay came out twenty seven years ago, so no, I know, so like I've been I wrote for all that on Nickelodeon, like I've been out here, wrote I was, yes, I was fighting the molesters, and uh, like I've been doing this a long ass time. So if it, if it, if I, if I lose the touch, I lose the touch. But what what I found is the touch is a reflex at this point, like I can just I just my brain does it out of the touch? Did you see any of that, Nickelodeon, thank you for bringing that up. I didn't see any of it, trum Mane, But but I am against it, so I hope. So now we're on the record, and hopefully this will hold up in court. Jesus Christy, No, I didn't see that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, all your specials have a great name, but it's not just names. If you've seen through mics, you know why it's called through micros. Have you've seen blocks, you know why it's called blocks. I'm assuming crazy good is just crazy good.
Speaker 1: Uh, crazy good is actually okay. So one of the parts of the special is making fun of the commodification of mental health, like making fun of TikTok psychology and all that, and so I'm not against it, but I just feel like the amount of people making videos about trauma and and uh and all the diagnoses of like you're being gasolt, just all that stuff is so aggravating. It's so aggravating, and it's also dishonest because none of these people have any idea what they're talking about. They just hurt it on another TikTok. So I'm basically toward the end. I'm saying, you know you're you do go to therapy, take medication, do I do all the stuff you gotta do, But just know that most of the great things in life are from psychopaths and drug addicts. Damn Jesus. I mean, if I'm wrong, let me know. What's it? All right? All the all? The inventor Sigmund Freud open coke head. Most of Freud's books should be called this maybe the Cocaine talking like there he was a coke head. Uh yeah, women are jealous of our dicks. Yeah, like it's real. KOCHI shit, Edison did coke. The Wright Brothers, I don't know if they were on coke, but like I mean or on math, but they had the metheist idea, which is like, hey, do you fucking feel like you can fly? The all like the modern inventors elon musk o something, yeah, ketamine or he's just out of his mind, And then I get into like what about musicians? Okay, The Rolling Stones had, in order to tour America, had to get a doctor to test them for drugs every day, and the doctor lasted six weeks before he got hooked on cocaine. Yeah, like yeah, hip hop, lean weed weed. Yeah. So so you know, there's just like there's and then I do comedians, Well, why are you guys all psychopathic and drug addicts? I'm like, so far Richard Pryor drug addict, George Carlin drug addict, Bill Cosby, choose your own adventure. The modern ones like you know, Lenny Bruce a drug addict. John Belushi's a drug addict. John mulaney told me to remind people he's a drug addict in the bed like people were all something. So I'm not saying don't treat it. I'm not saying, you know, ride it, but I'm just saying the audience needs to accept that where we're not. The other thing that's been happening is like comedians are like moral leaders, you know, like Dave or being a kid. It's like why it's they're these serious issues and like transgender rights and stuff, and then how bankrupt are others segments of society that they finally were like, well what do the clowns think? Why are you asking us what we think about these This should have never gotten to our desk. It's for politicians and clergy and other leaders, but like, don't turn to Joe Rogan for vaccine advice. Yeah, I think there's one though.
Speaker 3: I would say when I watched George Carlin, now he was very prophetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, but he also I can name a bunch of real dark shit, Like he had a bit about Blamia rich bitch, won't eat fuck her. Not exactly the most ethical take he had, you know, he went both ways. So again they were they we can be that, but the no one moves out to LA to be righteous. Everyone moves out there would be funny and famous, you know. And it's the same thing with like is Ellen nice? Is Ellen? And I'm like, first of all, Ellen's hilarious he and b she's a gay right icon, Like like, I don't I don't need her to be. She came out on television, got kicked off television for being gay, and then came back and dominated. But that's not enough for people. They're like, yeah, but is she nice? It's so childish. It's like being like, is my car also a boat? Just appreciate that you have a car? Also is Ellen nice? How many nice lesbians have you ever met? Your entire life? You know what I mean. I say, we don't talk about toxic studs enough. I say it often. I know, step up toxics, toxic studs. I wonder what.
Speaker 3: Comedians right becuse they always talk about the trauma that comedians have experienced. I wonder if it is the expectation of always having to make people laugh, you know a psycho that is to get on stage in front of hundreds, thousands of people and say I'm going to make them last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very hard job. Yes, it's a very hard job, and it's a very weird job. Well how do you do it on the Daily Show? How do you do meaning the difference between this and that?
Speaker 3: Well, because number one, I don't approach it from a comediance perspective because I'm not a comedian.
Speaker 1: And number thank you thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: Yes I hate when they say that, but the Daily Show allows me to go in death on things I might just touch here on the surface.
Speaker 1: But are you do you worry about getting laughs?
Speaker 3: No? I rather really I'm also I'm more so concerned with just saying something because that's when I look at the Daily Show, that's the type of institution.
Speaker 1: That it is.
Speaker 3: I'm more so concerned about saying something that I know people are going to actually being formed by and take something away from and be like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you don't want to do that thing where you do what might have been a punchline and you hear that air can conditioning unit in the background, you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, okay, I feel like I do that anyway naturally though, I feel like, you know, you have to use humor to push push things along.
Speaker 1: Right, But there it's sort of like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, metered for laugh. So I'm just wondering if you get it's not scared but like a little bit like you're yeah, scared kids, Yeah, yes, And and do you change your approach? You just read what's on the you write it, read what's on the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I might be a psychopath or some type of sociopaths. You know, you're going to either get the laugh or you're going to feel the pain of not right.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing is like, I don't you know a lot of people. It's I have a hugehunk about athletes too, because we want, you know, good mental health and sports. And I'm like, you know, I want good mental health for everybody, but not athletes, Like we need our athletes to be psychos? What we I repeat myself, and we need our athletes to be Did you see the last dance? Did Michael Jordan seem mentally healthy to you in the slightest giant mansion? One chair? Come on, guys, Uh, he's out of his mind. So what I'm saying punching Steve Kerr? And then I don't care. And then people are like, well, he's you know, he's an angry guy. He's not a great husband or that. I was like, well, I'm not married to him. I don't give a shit. Be as long as you don't break the law, you can be as rotten to the people around you as well. Lebron said on his podcast the other day, in order to be great, you have to hurt your loved ones. Yeah, and that's what the gambit is. All these people, any great athlete is Tom Brady is out of his mind. It's like you couldn't even be retired. Made it like ten days and it was like, I don't know these fucking kids, like you can't like you don't know all any great is out of their mind. And I don't even get into like OJM I'm talking about just like MJ. Lebron's a little something right if he's saying in public, you have to hurt your family like Lance Armstrong. The joke I did on the show was like, I don't even consider Lance Armstrong an athlete. I consider Lance Armstrong a criminal who found a bike. Like that guy is a criminal. He think about the worst lie you ever told, and then imagine selling bracelets about it. This guy's gone tiger Tiger. I mean that dude, he's like he's he's tokyo drifting at six thirty in the morning. These guys are wired to and by the way, the women are too. Like the gymnastics girls. We don't give those girls enough credit, man, Like that's a crazy thing they're doing, a lot of them are getting paid, a lot of them. We're getting sexually abuse, which is insane. And you got to get it right, be first time, and you gotta stick the landing or you're not. You ain't getting no wheaties. You ain't getting the cover of wheaties with the wobbly landing. You gotta nail it. The figure skating girls, they look like they're in trouble, like they've First of all, it looks like they've never even seen makeup when they it's like when they do the thing the routine, and they gotta like they've never it's like their first day with makeup like Daldaldall, Daldaldall Shock Horror like there, and then they gotta they and then they gotta they do like the hologram thing, uh, and then they gotta finish and sit in the booth with their kidnappers at the end.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it's people being mentally unwell, are people are really using their brains? And what I mean by that is if you decide that, you know, you want to wake up every day and just do the same routine over and over, it doesn't really take much brain function. But people that are really having to open up their brains and use their minds, it's just using their brain to that fullest extent.
Speaker 1: Does that just make you feel drive you crazy? I'll make you seehim crazy? I don't I think that you know. The joke I did in the show is it's like when you're doing a video when you're making a video game character, you have like one hundred points for like you know, dexterity and speed, and all that stuff. It's like, that's kind of what God does, and sometimes he just gets the calibration wrong, you know what I mean. Like with when God was making Woody Allen, they were like how many He was like, how many points should we give him for comedy and filmmaking. He's like, fuck it, give him a hundred. And then they were like, but that's not gonna make points for not fucking his family, and uh, I think that would be low emotional, Like you, well, yeah, that's a nice way to put it. Uh, that's what that's what the charges were. He low emotionally, I can't. Yeah. Like so I just think if you're you're good at one thing, it's so weird. If you can rhyme good, it's like wrap that's in your brain. Most people's brains don't come up with couplets like that. Most people don't see the world analytically. Most people don't see let alone analytically, and uh, you know, funnily so it's just you're gonna be deficient in other areas as long as you're not breaking the law.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's the gifts that make you shitty or the world that comes with the gifts?
Speaker 1: Oh, being a shitty person.
Speaker 3: I think, oh when you I mean, I think you have the gift, but it's I think it's the world to access the power the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think it. It's hard. I can't think of many people that have been made. You have to make a real effort to uh stay centered with all the because it just becomes like if everywhere you go people say you're in great shape, You're never going to go to the gym. I mean so if everyone's like, oh and anything for you, sir or miss or whatever, it's like you're just not. It's people will only be as good as they have to be. That's been my experience. It's like if or if you demand it of them, then they'll do it. But people will naturally do as little as they It's like homework, Like what do I gotta do to get an I they if you're famous and talent, you don't have to do much. You just have to do the trick. You just got to be funny when the when it's time to be funny, you know.
Speaker 2: With your resume and your talent and all the things that you've done, and how funny you are, do you feel like you look you get overlooked a lot by the public, like you should be a bigger comedian because, like you said, the years that you put in this industry, from writing, from being on stage, from telling jokes all that.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I don't I could say yes or no because I kind of feel like there's no one who I feel like I deserve there. I should be in their place, right, you know what I mean? Like when so and I also feel like certain people, the people that are like people that do arenas or whatever, it's like they have real, like real performance attributes that I don't necessarily have, Like they're just really they walk on stage and you're like, well, this is gonna be I always tell Kevin Hart he is sunshine. He's sunshine, right. I direct some of those Chase commercials. You cut to that motherfucker in a close up. The sun is shining. It can be an in, it can be in a house. He's just like, let me tell you something. Royle just he's Dave is bugs bunny. He just is bugs bunny. There's nothing you can do about. Chris Rock talks like a chainsaw, yang ing it like Ellen sounds like a flute and and a baby Jerry Seinfeld sounds like a clarinet, so so all these people it's I mean, and I clearly I've thought about it, but it's I'm again the gratitude thing. You've had a great career. Yeah, I've had a dude, I've had an amazing like, yeah, I have an announcement to make everybody uh so No, but I that's the thing is, like I I could focus on, like what why not? I'm what else? What else? What would happen? What am I looking for? Like I need to be on private jets instead of business class? Like I don't. I'm I'm good Like I don't. I don't And I'm not saying it like I wouldn't accept it or I wouldn't accept a promotion in some ways, but like I do theaters. I've come on here, people watch it, and I yeah, it's I. I appreciate the question, but but I and and I was kind of hung up on that for a long time, but the last six months to a year just been like this is amazing, Like I'm either in the ring or I have ringside seats, gotch for for for life. It's not like forever, but like so far, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if people know what Neil used to be called. You call him the Black comic whisperer, because you were in all like the legendary black comics ears the chapels to the rocks, Right. So when you see everything that's been going on with black comedians this year, all started by the club Cat Williams composition, What.
Speaker 1: Are your thoughts? I always say Cat Williams is the most Cat Williams on a podcast or a show is like Mike Tyson in the late eighties, where it's the most exciting ninety seconds in sports. We're like, God, damn, like you cut, he is gonna make some shit happen. He is like what they in basketball, what they call instant offense, Like put him in, He's getting his shot off. So I don't. I mean, Kat's hilarious and the and some of the people e centrically entertain as one of the funniest people I've ever been around. Like some of the people he dissed, I'm like, I just disagree with his his appraisal of them, and and almost like I everyone he talked about was really funny. And Cat's great and all the people he went after were great and I'm sorry that's he felt that that's how a hit needed to do it. But I'm gonna as I'm gonna take my white ass out of it.
Speaker 3: Where do white comedians go to start beefs like that?
Speaker 1: Is it rogan? Uh? A little bit? Yeah, it's I think it's a little it's it's it's caddy, But I think it's more. I think I want to I don't want to say like we keep it private, charlot man, but I I can't remember a time where there was like shots fired like that, Like I don't it's just it didn't seem but I but it was. If you're asking me, did I watch it twice? I did? Kat on clubs?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on comedians critiquing other comedians about two things in particular, One whether or not another comedian is funny, and two this I think it's to me, it's kind of a new phenomenon comedian saying other comedians are making offensive jokes.
Speaker 1: The offensive thing is again, why are you asking the clowns for It's like, it's like, why are you going to clowns for morality? You know, it's like eating a Snickers and being like this is very nutritious. No shit, it's a Snickers bar. I don't think. I think if a comic criticized another comedian's morality, the critic probably isn't very funny. That'd be my first guess. And and in the I just think it's a I think it's bad. If you got something a problem with somebody, I would just say, like, address it directly or leave it, because I don't. I there's plenty people I think are shitty at comedy. I just don't. I just avoid him, or I say, like, you know, you did your thing something vague, but I don't. But I would never criticize somebody in public that I can. I'm sure I have, but I try to avoid it if I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were talking about that this week with girod call Michael Dave Chapelle because he said Reside was saying, you know, Dave's whole legacy is transgender jokes, and then he said Dave the ego maniac. But then literally and I said, I said, you should not criticize the comedian about anything offensive because it can happen to you in a second.
Speaker 1: And literally less than twelve.
Speaker 3: Hours later, they were on Gerard about what he said on his HBO show, and you know being a.
Speaker 1: Role playing slave in Master. Well, yeah, it's like it's like me too, and somebody it's like, I don't you can you can get popped. We can all get popped for tons of anything. If you've been doing it long enough, like you did a p you don't even We all do so many podcasts you don't ever remember, and then someone can remember. Then you're like, no, but that is my I guess I said that. So that's the thing of like casting the first stone. Like you, it's a dangerous game because everyone it's like mutually assured destruction basically once you start, uh yeah, point fingers, it's it's it's gonna be Spider Man in any any minute. You know.
Speaker 3: Bill Burd spoke about being on Chappelle Show back in the day.
Speaker 1: Did you know.
Speaker 3: That all of those guys, the Birds, the Rogans, the Donnelle role and Charlie Murphy, did you know all of these people would end up being what's up for Donnelle icons in their own right?
Speaker 2: Did I picked a Donell?
Speaker 1: No, I'm focusing on the with the bento. Oh was that Ashley? That's hilarious? Was he wearing Timberland's all right, great, he looks like he doesn't look like that, but I like how fatt he is. It really captures his dowiness. The the yeah. I mean, I remember when Bill auditioned and Dave was like, thank god he can act because that dude's really funny, and Charlie and yeah, dude, I if I all I remember about doing the show is it was very hard, but it was very gratifying to be able to have like small ideas with me and Dave and then being able to expand them because the Charlie, I don't have ever told you that, but like me and Dave wrote Half Baked, we turned it in right In nineteen ninety seven, we have a celebratory mushroom night. And this is when I wasn't using medicine for healing. It was back when I was just using it the party baby, and we have we do mushrooms. Go to club and I see Dave talking to this guy and I'm like, is it like Eddie Murphy's brother, like fat brother? And then I go over and it's Charlie. I didn't know him. And Charlie's like, I'm on mushrooms and Charlie's like holding court, like me and my brother came out here, did it. It was the only real motherfucker's here and did it Jared Carles and and uh and then and he kept talking about Hollywood and and Charlie was going, there's poison and ice cream. This motherfucker this poison and ice cream. So then me and they would say there's poison and ice cream for like years. Then we were writing that real World sketch and we were like, you know, we should get for this, We should get uh Charlie Murphy to see if he can do it. And then based on doing shrooms with them five years earlier and being like, it's something about that guy. Wow, So I guess there and then and then snowballed into and then he tells the Rick James story, He tells the Prince story, He and and uh, and then it just became it changed all of our lives. So it's you know, it's like taking taking credit for it seems wrong because it's we all got we we all got so much from it from having him on the show. He tells the story that my life it's like, you know, before and after that sketch ry like I could almost tell you the date it was twenty years ago, like recently. Could a show like that exist ever? Again? I think you could probably figure out a way to do the sketches, but in terms of impact everything, so it was one it was like one funnel, like culture was one funnel, and so you would get it, like go to the funnel and get what came out. And now there's there's you know, a million funnels on all of our phone so you just go like I subscribed to forty funnels and then you But it used to be like do you there was only one place to go or three places to go, so we were we were, we were. I guess Comedy Center wasn't like as big before Chappelle's, but but it was always big. And then yeah, so I don't You could probably do the sketches, but I don't think it would have the the thing where everyone's watching it, you know, I don't think. Do you guys think it depends who the talent is? Yea, yeah, yeah, it's it's possible, but but it's unlikely. Like yeah, okay, now Dave always says like people are probably not going to be famous again the same way I was duh, No, way, that's been I know, but it is an interesting thing of like why not and you go cause it's you can't. It's the funnel problem. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like I was, you know, Mike Myers, Like I was talking to Mike Myers the community and we were talking about showbiz and he was he was talking about shows and I as he was talking, I was like, in one decade, Mike Myers was Wayne from Wayne's World, Shrek, Doctor Evil, and Austin Powers. You can run president one guy. Wow, one guy, He's Canadian, one guy in ten years into like damn so that and he goes, Yeah, it was a monoculture and now it's like sort of more of a free for all. Eighties ninety celebrity is so powerful.
Speaker 3: Literally you can get elected president of the United States of America. Yeah, it's a different level of celebrity. Yeah, black, all white, No, it's just a different level of celebrity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like the last of the like Tom Cruise, yes, Madonna, as I saw you two with the sphere like they're real and they sold seven hundred and fifty thousand tickets in two months. It's like that's a a lot of tickets des White.
Speaker 3: It was real fandom, real talent, and the barrier of entry was way more difficult to get in any of these spaces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, you had to You had to be talented or you had to be like because I don't think Madonna or Tom Cruise are the most but they're really good at like they don't Madonnas doesn't have the best singing voice, hump Cruse probably doesn't have the best acting instrument, but like they figured they were good. They took the job seriously. Like Tom Cruise is like like jumping rope before, you know, like doing shit to make himself last movie, did his own studs. Yeah he's crazy. Yep.
Speaker 3: You was talking about comedians with morals, right, and we shouldn't go to the clowns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for morality, But what about Kevin Hartnell? Degitenerous? What about him?
Speaker 3: Because you said that they and especially you said that they have to be they have to be great humanitarians and role models.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is they they're expected to be, but it's not. But it's not a realistic expectation. That's what I have a joke in the special about keV where like I had a handyman at my house. It was like, do you know Kevin Harden? I was like, yeah, he goes Is he humble? And I was like, you're a handyman, you're not humble? Like why does Kevin have to be humble? What he was asking me is, hey, Neil, is that five foot three billionaire humble? What do you think? How hum many think Kevin Hard is on a scale from Napoleon to Tom Cruise. If you had to guess, why are you looking to Kevin Hart for humility? What he tries to be?
Speaker 3: To your point when you said, when you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Kevin's I would I would like you we all know Kevin. Kevin's a good dude, but he's not humble, nord should he? Why does he have to be humble?
Speaker 3: He's not a different records around your peers, but to people he's humble To people, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's a nice guy. Well, because they can all throw him in the trash. He's tiny. Uh, he has to be humby. He's just for security.
Speaker 2: Because even with keV, keV does things that I think other people in this situation wouldn't do. Kevin's still come back and touch places that other comedian.
Speaker 1: Kevin's a great I really mean that when like, Kev's a great dude. But like this expectation that celebrities have to be moral, it's just like a fake. It's a just moving the goalpost. I'm not saying I'm not saying they should be able to break laws or any of that stuff. But I'm just saying I think it's a fake expectation based on somebody. Because you're doing well, then people go, well, then are you nice? You know what I mean? Like, sometimes are you nice? I'm nice? Sometimes it's a human being. Yeah, It's why there's churches on every corner because we're not nice, you know what I mean, Like you just because we need constant reminders of like, don't murder. Look at this, don't murder. And you're like, okay, yeah, you're right, I shouldn't murder. But we need constant reminders. And the expectations that they they'll come from clowns is a bit like come on, come on, there's other there's it's it's not it should not be our responsibility. It's a it's a it's a failure of priests, mom's clergy, you know, like and and politicians and because they couldn't keep their ticks in their pants. And so now it's like, well, all right, ship, who else we got that? Allen seems pretty you know what I mean? Who else? You know, Joe your next man. They're gonna start looking for you from morality. Oh they've been please you think? No, no, no, I'm not funny enough.
Speaker 3: I think I I put it out there enough, Like I want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. I want to be the bad guy. You do want to be the bad guy, not personally, but to your point, I want you just to look at me as a human being.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you look at me the human being, I'm gonna make mistakes. I'm not gonna always get things right. I'm not gonna always say the right thing. I might piss you off because you know, especially with us right and Neil is a huge mental health advocate as well.
Speaker 1: Anytime you're a.
Speaker 3: Person that is always on a healing journey and you talk about your mental health, they want us to do everything perfect.
Speaker 1: That's right. I can't say anything yeah too wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, aren't you supposed to be a mental health guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But like I still like fucking or whatever, like yeah, I don't, yeah, but you're right, it does become I'm worried that people are gonna be like, well, how could you say that athletes don't want good you don't want a good mental health because I don't because I'm a person. I'm selfish. I want a good game and that you're gonna have good games when everyone's fucking out of their minds. That's true. It's like, I don't you know what, sports was invented to train the military between wars. So that's yes, that's how in like in in ancient Greece like two three thousand years ago, it was between wars that were like we need to get the army to be able to do like to train between and they didn't have the ropes and all that shit, so they would like do battles or whatever. So so that's what that's what the whole thing is like an analogous of it's like a proxy for war. So it's like Cleveland versus or the Clippers versus or whoever versus whoever, or or or Kansas City, and you're really you know, at the least these people.
Speaker 3: Are our lovers of violence, right, yeah, like, at least they're massacres. If you're a football player, boxer, you see, at the least you're a massacre.
Speaker 1: Well, I bet that they're more sadists than massacre. They like whooping ass more than they like in their ass whooped massacrets like it in their asshoo.
Speaker 3: But even if you're a running back, you still know you're gonna get hit, so you still have to kind of like the pain.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean? Well, you right, But you know, people they like her, Yeah, they like it's like hurt or be hurt. There. It's a lot of aggression. And what I would say is like people's need for aggression and people's kind of unhealthy need for status is the greatest economic driver in world history. Damn, I really, you know what I mean, every great everyone on this wall didn't do it for the right reasons. They did it because they wanted a come up. They wanted I'm sick of being treated like garbage and I'm sick and i'm i'm I know, I'm more special than this. So so that they went out of the they moved from wherever they were to do a thing that would get them status and they could like you know what, I am great, I am. I do deserve exaltation. That's inventors, that's I mean, inventors are all there because they got it. They're trying to get some pussy. Like it's a long term pussy plan. That's kind of true. Not a lot of women down to the patent office. They don't need to do it. They don't need to invent stuff. They'll just wait year rounds guys the event stuff get like guys that are like three out of ten you invented Elon Musk. You see that WHLD picture and when he had bad hair. He's fat though, it's like the guy did it for for to get people to get women. I mean not exactly, but like that's the whole that's like the primal urge. That's the when you watch the Facebook movie.
Speaker 3: That's the whole premise of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So I'm not even mad at it. It's just don't break laws, gotch But you can be broaden your whatever, Just don't break laws.
Speaker 2: That's all Crazy Good is streaming now that.
Speaker 3: We're saying all that to say, yes, watch Neil Brennan Crazy out right now.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go check it out.
Speaker 3: On Netflix and appreciate that. Neil's podcast to Man the Blocks, Thanks everybody, anything else, Neil Nah thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, It's Neil Brennan.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Cloud, good Morning
Speaker 1: Wake that hands up in the morning, The Breakfast Club,