Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Welcome into Leading Off, the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. We are presented by Bet three six five. If you bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use that promo code leading Off. And that is only with our friends over at Bet three six five. Guys, it's t minus five shows left in the fantasy baseball season. Here at Leading Off, Joel Rico joining you. Reunited with Casey Bubba after we had a little bit of a break on Monday. We had Welshie back on the show, but Bubba getting the old gang back together for this one. My friend, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing great? My friend? Good to be back. Nice. Had to take a little break on Monday for some stuff. Welsh filled in beautifully or I guess he kept his gig. I don't know, but it's good to be back in action and talking some more baseball with you. For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're the ones filling in beautifully. He's the one who's gone off and done football stuff. It was great to talk with Welch again. But we're gonna do this. I think today Friday, and then I guess next Wednesdays. So I think it's three more shows with us. We'll see if maybe we pop onto that final show at Joan Welsh, But only a couple shows left here in the season. If you guys haven't done so already, would really appreciate you guys subscribe into the show, like comment review all that great stuff to really help us out here down the stretch. But we are going to be talking about some headlines breaking down all the injuries. There's a ton of injuries to go through. But let's start off with some positive news, and that's Blake Snell continuing to look like one of the best pitchers in baseball. Dominated the Orioles yesterday six innings of one run ball with twelve strikeouts. He has a three eight ERA and a one zero eight whip. And the thing that's kind of crazy with Blake Snell is that he won the Cy Young last season. But if you dig below the surface and you look at some of the expected numbers, the ERA estimators, the barrel raids, literally everything is better this season than last year. This is probably the best version of Blake Snell that we've ever seen. Really, Bubba, are we gonna do the same thing again next year? Is he gonna stink in the first half and come out in the second. I guess you can't really answer that question. But going into drafts next season, when you're when you're picking Blake Snell as you're starting pitcher two, one, three, wherever he ends up going, you're gonna have to probably deal with a lot of bad outings. Is that going to impact where you want to take him or is it just we start the season, we hope that he gets running out of the gate and hope of the best.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, hope, you hope for the best. I'll keep it's simple with that. But you're gonna take him at a high ADP if you want him, because that's where he's going to go. I think Pablo Lopez he had the same situation this year. You know, a head to head leagues, it could be a frustrating situation. In a roto league. Hey, you just want the end stat line, that's all you care about. And if you just keep plugging him in there, he's been amazing for you and he's helping you win championships probably at this point in time. So I'm cool with Snell. And the other thing is he's he's gonna sign much earlier this year because Boris He's not gonna let bores. I think he left Bors Actually, that issue is not going to be there Snell, and I know I saw your quote tweet by mister Knight, and there were plenty of offers. Last year. Boris played his game and lost. That won't happen this year. Snell will be ready for spring training. Snell will be ready to rock and roll barring injury, and I don't think we'll be worrying about the same situation, at least not to this magnitude.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand Nightingale. The way he phrased it. It was like he might have sucked last year, but this year he's going to be great and he's not. He's not going to lose out on offers like he won the Cy Young it didn't sign until spring training. I think it did have more to do with Boris and whatever went on. I know Jordan Montgomery fired him. Blake Snell might have as well. I think these guys are just kind of or not kind of just done with the games. I think, like, just get me on a team. I want to be ready for spring training and hopefully just fire off a full season because we've seen it impact. I mean, Snell's obviously picked things up, but Jordan Montgomery as a side know like he's been awful. I think he had a good start yesterday or the day before. I think it was yesterday yesterday pretty solid, but I mean that really did impact him. I don't expect Blake Snell to go unsign the entire offseason, but this version of him right nowatistically might be the best Blake Snell we've ever seen. He's not gonna win the cy Young or anything like that, but just a really fantastic turnaround after a lot of people probably dropped him earlier on in the season, He's been fantastic as of late. Shane Boz, let's talk about him. I mean he's settled into a really great groove. Seven innings yesterday against the Red Sox, picked up the victory, just tour and run six strikeouts over the past month, a two zero three ERA and a point seven to four whip. Obviously, it was a little shaky at first, but that was kinda to be expected. I've always believed in the talent of Shane Boz. I feel like he's probably somewhere in that SP two range. For next season, but it wouldn't surprise me if he finished closer to kind of an SP one. But I'm wondering, bub, what do you think about, excuse me, Shane Boz's potential draft price and where you evaluate him heading into next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's pitching great, as you mentioned right now, it's just going to keep increasing his draft value or price tag as we get going. He's still an SP two for me just because we haven't seen the workload. So there's a lot of questions for me to be an ACE on my fantasy team. But I think he's got the potential to be an ACE at some point in time. But we got to see the health, we got to see a full season a lot of those type of questions. So he's an SP two for me, But he's moving up the ladder, that's for Darren. Sure. He's been very, very impressive.
Speaker 1: The just raw stuff numbers the talent that he had before the injury. I'm very excited. I know a lot of people were kind of fed up with him this season. I guess similarly similarly to Blake Snell, not to the same extent, but people might have cut bait on him after a couple of rough outings, but if you've used him the last month, he's been fantastic, and I feel like heading in the next year, he might get pushed down a little bit more than he should, just because there's not a huge sample size this season. Maybe in the more casual league he can be an SP three, SP four, but I think in those NFBC leagues, some of them he's going to be. He's going to be a top HUNTERD pick. I think pretty universally in most formats. It might not be every single one, but I've been very impressed with Shane Boz. Somebody that have not been very impressed with just wanted to mention that he has still broken. It's Bobby Miller. He lasted just two innings yesterday, seven hits, four earned runs, just two strikeouts. I think it was forty pitches until he actually had a whiff. Only fifty eight percent of his pitches were strikes. Is this Rick and Keel, Alec Manoa, Matt Harvey coming at us again? Because I was saying it last night. I was like, this Helox as broken as anybody I've ever seen, and Everybody's like, no, there's a lot more options of broken guys. But we're talking about like an eight six era over sixty innings. He's about his broken as could possibly.
Speaker 2: Be Bubba, He's very broken. The Manoa comp could be interesting. Like, I don't want to go that far with Bobby Miller just yet. He's had a lot some injury concerns this year and some other situations. I don't know if he's just back to being Bobby Miller yet. But where do you trust him? Is the question I've aread heard a lot of the smart people are smart people going I'm gonna buy the dip. I'm gonna buy the dip, And I get it, that's a strategy to be had in fantasy. But what if this is Manoa? What if this is Harvey. That's a situation as well. So he has broken, he cannot be rostered right now. I know some people are some very smart people are I get it. You need to move on from Bobby Miller and just you know, start planning for twenty twenty five. And I think the doctors might be two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how they can roll him out in a playoff game. I don't think they can. No, they're not exactly flush for options right now. So it might come to a point where they need to, but I don't think they can trust him. The thing that's crazy is that, like, while his stuff numbers are down, they're still like one thirteen stuff plus, still well above average in that regard. But it just hasn't translated to success this season. It's been very disappointing. But I feel like, you know, if he's going pick where, I mean where every start is knocking the price down a little bit, if he's going at like three hundred and beyond, any interest you'd have there and like a late flyer on him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I see the appeal of the late flyer. I get it, and I'd be all about that because when you're doing a draft, that's an easy drop. Like most of those guys, you draft him past pick two fifty even you're dropping at some point in the season. So I'm fine taking a flyer on Bobby Miller late. It's just some of the talk I've already heard is I don't know for any get him that late is the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know how people can push him up so much. But I mean that's like I said, the stuff is still there. We know there's a good talent track record of you know, minor league play and everything like that, so it's going to be a tough one. But I don't know if he's even going to get another start this year. Like they should just probably shut him down. I don't know that they're doing much good rolling him out there and getting destroyed every single time out. The body language is bad, the command is but everything is bad right now for Bobby Miller. Let's talk Bobachett return to the Blue Jays lineup yesterday after being out since late July with a calf strain. He bat his second went two for five with an RBI. It's like my worst fears come true here because I wanted to get Bobaschett at a disgustingly low price outside of the top one hundred picks. He has a hot couple of weeks here. You can kind of probably forget about those discounts because that's what'll stick in people's minds. Boba sheet ended on a ten for twenty streak or something. What do you think about bobachhet Baba? What's your interest level for next year if you're seeing him available, let's say, even in a shallow League right now? Are you starting him? What's your analysis?
Speaker 2: Tell you? Yep, I'd pick up. Talked with Ryan on Tuesday Night's Bubba and the Blue and this has kind of been a like a beer bit I had Bashett versus Neil Cruz and I'm losing that one. But I've always been a Basheck guy. I'm a believer. It's been a bad year, that's the nice way to put it when it comes to Boba Sheet. But I'm with you. He goes two for five last night, I started laughing. I'm like, he's gonna have a great finish similar to what you're saying, and it's going to sting for us that dropped them this year, saving for the idea of picking him next year. So I'm a believer. And if he's on your waiver wire, like we talked Trevor story recently, Boba Sheet meets that that what you're looking for for the final stretch run. And there's other middle infield options out there right now, like Luisa and Hilcunya and some others. But I am a fan of what we got from Boba Schett.
Speaker 1: I'm just still gonna be a believer based on what we've seen the last three plus seasons. This year was a tough year. Of course, he's missed half of it with injuries. Below the surface, nothing is really like that that different. The barrel Raiate is the one that really stands out has been cut in half. But it seems like he's just really gotten in his own head. The team stunk. There was just a lot of bad situations. I know that there was some stuff with his dad too, and something with his brother, and there was some kind of controversy, So I don't know how much those kind of things factor into it. But the long and short of it is that if Boba Scheed is going outside of the first seven or so rounds next year, I'm gonna be hitting draft every single time. And if you're still see him out there on waiver wires at this point in time, even in shallow leagues, I think that he should be added pretty much everywhere. Pete Alonzo, let's talk about him. He had a big day yesterday three for five with a homer, two runs and five ribbies. It's been a down year as a whole for him, but still eighty seven runs, eighty six ribbies, thirty three homers in a two forty six batting average. I guess where he ends up going this offseason will probably impact draft prices some extent. What's your interest level in pee Alonzo? Is he's still a top five first baseman for you, Bubba? What's your interest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's close to top five, like he should be. If you start penciling it out, he probably will be like there's there's Vladdie, there's Olsen. First base stinks like Christian Walker's there. So Alonso probably sits there around top five just for the potential of forty plus bombs alone. That comes in a big, big way. But he's not that guaranteed, you know, top two round lock that he once was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think the location will matter to some extent. If he goes to a poorer team, then maybe you can shave off a few runs in RBI. You're not getting steals, you're not getting batting average. I feel like he's a little bit of a risky investment in the first couple of rounds. I'd probably want to have him in the third or the fourth if he's going to get there. I'm not sure if he gets there, But if that's the case, then I just won't have any shares. I think that, you know, I can speculate on some later first baseman, whether it's you know, Pasmentino or you know, even my mount Castle, like, there's certain names later on that I would probably rather spend up or spend down on. I should say, then spend up on up Peet Alonso in the second or third. But it hasn't been a bad year for him. He's still been like a top sixty seventy player, just probably not exactly what you expecting on draft day. I want to mention somebody who's a little more niche, and that's Jesu Sanchez. I have loved Haezesu Sanchez for really forever. But yesterday just a massive day, five for five and a bit of a surprising win over the Dodgers, although maybe not that surprising with Bobby Miller on the bump. He scored twice, he drove in three. He's been really solid this season. He has fifty two runs, which is the stinky number here playing for the Marlins. You're not gonna you're not gonna do a ton in that department. But seventeen homers, sixty two ribbies, fourteen steals in a two to fifty two batting average that goes along with a twelve and a half percent barrel rate which is the eighty fifth percentile, and a fifty two point one percent hard hit rate that's ninety fifth percentile. I feel like Hazu Sanchez is a change of scenery away from being a top one hundred type of player. Bubba, what's your thoughts on him rest of season, which is not a lot of time left here obviously, and then next year, what's your interest level going to be for Jesus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big a sus fammin and rostering him a ton. It's nice he's facing lefties now as well, he's not platooning and in the middle of the order. Four steals over the last ten games, which has been great to see from Sanchez. I think he can still be okay in Miami. Obviously a better ballpark would help, but I love him for the rest of the season. The Marlins face all right handed Pigionablyeve next week, which'll bode really well. First, like I said, he still plays for lefties, but we want him versus righty's. Let's just be real with the situation. Yet, six righties next week and three out of the next four. Finished this week at righty, so he's got nine righties over his last ten games, which is pretty good. And I like him a loco in the next year. He's got that Brian Dayly Cruz vibe that we were looking for during the draft season. And I think Sanchez is even better than Day of the Cruise, so big hey, sue Sanchez fan.
Speaker 1: I hope he gets traded somewhere. I hope he goes to a somewhat competent lineup. I don't know that I'm expecting it, but in Miami, I don't know that anything is really nailed down over there. It could happen. I'm hoping for it. I was thinking maybe Philadelphia at the deadline. That's what I would have really wanted to happen.
Speaker 2: It would have been pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, anywhere but Miami would be preferable. But even in Miami it hasn't been so so bad. So somebody that's probably not going to get a lot out of helium next year, not really hurting you in any category necessarily. He's somebody that I think can be a big target in those specifically slightly deeper five outfielder leagues. Just for fun, Bobby Witch Junior unbelievable stuff. Man. He's the first shortstop in major league history to record multiple thirty thirty seasons. He is twenty four years old. Alex Rodriguez never did this. Now, granted he did switch over to third base mid career, but this is unbelievable. Like, Bobby wid Junior is on a full blown Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. I think the sky's the limit for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. This is a forty to forty guy. So the fact that it's only been thirty thirty so far says a lot. Now, the batting average through the roof this year, the babyb took a massive jump, so we could see regression there. But still, the power is legit, the speed is legit. He's awesome. He's that guy. There's not a whole lot else besides just giving him his flowers, because yeah, dude, the dude's great. He's young, and it's one of those like we have a bunch of these good young players. It's like, just please stay healthy, like we want to see for like fifteen more years. Just stay healthy and we'll be good to go. So I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 1: I'm more so just put him on the sheet just to give him his flowers. There's no start, sit decisions or pickups and drops obviously here with Bobby Witt, he is unbelievable and it's crazy that he's gonna have a ten win plus season and he's not gonna win the MVP. Might be the best non MVP season ever or certainly on a short list Pistol who's always active in our chats here, Sanchez or Buxton. I think I'm probably going Hazu Sanchez. I just don't really trust Buckston.
Speaker 2: It is Heyesue Sanchez for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ian Happ still in the just for fun section. Couple homers yesterday, but the really notable one came off of Mason Miller. It was one hundred and three point two miles an hour, and it was the fastest pitch hit for a home run in the pitch tracking era, which goes back sixteen years. Ian Happ, I mean, part of the reason why I put this on here is because it's just a really impressive accomplishment. But Ian Happ is also putting together a career year twenty five homers, thirteen steals, eighty six runs, eighty five Ribbies. I feel like he's just always somebody that's sitting there pick one hundred, one ifty. Nobody really wants to push him up, but he always kind of gives you these type of seasons. This is a little bit better than what we've been used to, but it's kind of the same general Ian Half type of season that I feel like people aren't appreciating enough.
Speaker 2: No. One hundred percent. And the biggest conundrum with Half in recent years, it's like every of the year's either he hits for average or gets for power. He hasn't put it all together in a full season, but we know the skill set is very good. He's putting it together pretty well. Here. He's sitting for an okay average, he's not crushing you an average, but all the other stats are great. So he's a good five category contributor. And that's just who he is. He's a really good ballplayer in a good Cubbies lineup, and he's finally having that big, big season.
Speaker 1: I think that he's going to be somebody where I mean probably, I'm just I'm starting to speculate on where guys are going to go and drafts a lot more, and I just don't see him moving up from where he was last year. I don't see people push him into the top of a hunter. They'll worry about what the Cubs will look like or whatever, and you're getting that twenty five to fifteen guy discounted again, probably heading into next season. I want to mention why at Langford In shout out to our buddy Frank Stanfle who tweeted this one out yesterday. Over the last thirty five games, he's hitting two eighty nine with twenty seven runs, twenty two ribies, six homers, and six dolen bases. Where do we see that? Why at Langford Price going next to year, Bubba, Because I feel like at this point he's rostered. He started pretty much everywhere. There's no real pickups to make you're starting him, But if you're looking ahead to next season, I feel like this price is just moving upward every single day at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be fun because in that too early draft, you know you had Jackson Cherio, Jackson Merrill in the second and third rounds and then why at Langford dropped down to like round nine. That gap is not going to exist, folks, Like that is a gift of a pick. I think we talked about it on my show last week that that's quite the the come up and he should be going third round. I think when all things are setting down and people kind of take a step back from the roughness that was part of twenty twenty four and realize the skills are very very real. He's very very young, and he's finishing strong, like why can't he take the next step? So he's probably that worst fifth round pick, but I think he's going to fit fit in that third round come like big times draft season in March.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting when I'm putting together outfield rankings where I put him in relation to Meryllwood and Churio and if I'm tempted to put him above or at least like right in that same range. Maybe not quite above, but if one of them is ranked fifteen, the other one will be ranked sixteen type of thing, like they'll be all right in that same kind of range. Really interesting stuff with why at Langford he's picked it up and it's kind of what we were expecting. But I mean, look at what Jackson Holiday's done. Jackson holidays first cup of coffee was crap. The second one has been crap, so you never really know. But it's good to see why at Langford really pick up the pace here down the stretch. Let's go to the three up in the three down, Shay Langliers a couple of home runs, drove in three really slow key nice season that he's put together out in your neck of the woods. But but Grant McCrae, somebody that I don't think we've mentioned on this show this year. He reached base four times yesterday, scored three runs and also had two stolen bases, And I just want to mention on his front only eighty eight at bats with five homers and five stone bases. That's pretty pretty nice for fantasy. And then Zach Wheeler seven innings of one run ball with four hits and six strikeouts and picking up the win. Status quo over there for him. But any thoughts on Langaliers, McCray or Wheeler, Baba.
Speaker 2: I'll just give bullet points. Langoliers love him. Batting average is a drain, but when you're hitting bombs like that, you can offset things. Then with McCrae, the skill set is very good, but a lot of swing and miss, a lot of wild out of the zone swinging. He's young, so if he can bring that in, the talent is really good. And the Giants want to give him plenty of run this year and hopefully as a starting outfielder next year. So someone to keep on the back of your radar for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those power speed guys, even when there's a little bit of swinging miss, they tend to pop a little bit more. You see those stle bases, you see the home runs. It's kind of like Tyler Fitzgerald light, like another version of him in a certain way. That is that a fair comparison.
Speaker 2: That's fair because when Fitzgerald started out, it was power speed with a lot of swinging miss as well, and there's still somebody's brought that down a lot more than when he started. So that's a very fair, fair comparison.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the three down. Some ugly pitching performances, starting with Brian wu He was due for a stinker after how pure he'd been running this year, but tough time for it to come. Seven earned runs, nine hits. He did give you seven strikeouts, but that's not really going to cut it. Four and two third against the Yankees, Nathany Eavaldi as well, seven earned runs, eleven hits, a couple of walks, and four strikeouts and then JT Real Muto while the Golden Sombrero. Just a really tough season for Real Muto. But any thoughts on that trio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just wraps up a couple things, like every pitcher is going to have at least one or two bad starts so year, no matter how good they are. So Wu's just came up the wrong time of the year, is what that one comes down to. And Real Muto just like that's just the icing on the horrific twenty twenty four cake.
Speaker 1: Wu Is.
Speaker 2: I know he's been okay, I say horrific compared to expectations for Real Muto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think you can. I think, especially because you took him for steals and he has like think two steals, Like I think horrific and can qualify there With Brian Wu. It's weird because he he's had so much success, but it's come with this massively reduced strikeout rate. He's had a few injury scares this year. I feel like he's somebody I don't really want anything to do with next season. I feel like he is I mean everybody's always one pitch away, but I feel like he is like half a pitch away at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his injuries have been weird. It's like elbow issue. Oh, he's not going to miss a start. This is like it's been little. Like you said, it's this close to just falling over the edge. And you know, maybe that's just who he is. He's gonna be one of those weird, fluky pitchers and it is what it is. But yeah, every pitcher is a pitch away. He seems like he's a half a pitch so very very tough to take on draft Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with where the price is probably gonna go. People are gonna look even with this start, You're gonna look at the eras and Mariner's pitching, good park and everything. I feel like he's gonna be a little bit out of my price range heading in the next year, but we'll have to see. Let's talk about some injury updates, starting with Francisco Lindor remain out of the Mets lineup on Tuesday, although according to Carlos Mendoza, he is improving, so probably get him back in the next couple of days. Ozzie Albi's had a home run in his first Triple A rehab game, likely to come off of the injured list on Friday, and Stephen Kwan went on the injured list with back inflammation, so his season comes to an end. I don't think there's even ten days. I mean, maybe there's like one or two days at the end of that, but I think you can pretty much say his seasons done.
Speaker 2: Bubba. Yeah, it's retroactive, so in theory, he could come back like middle of next week. Still only a couple of days. They want on one for the postseason. That's why they put him on the IL instead of trying the day to day thing, so he might get a couple of the bats towards the end. I just don't I don't think he's going to be full go. They want him ready.
Speaker 1: For October, and he'd been low key terrible over the last month fourteen for his last eighty three, hitting up bucks sixty nine over the last thirty days with no home runs in three stolen bases. Even if he did come back, I feel like in shallow formats, you may not even put him into the lineup, honestly, depending on what your needs are going to be. Jordan Westberg took batting practice on Tuesday, getting closer to appearing in games and is expected back before at the end of the regular season. You're picking him up here, Bubba and hoping that you can get a couple games of Jordan Westburg.
Speaker 2: I think I'm good unless you're really really desperate for a corner infielder. There's plenty of middle endfield options out there these days, so it's more if you need a third basement for some reason. Like I saw jose Tenna's name in the chat quite a bit, Give me Jose Tena all day long, but I'm probably wait until twenty twenty five for Westburg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's probably correct. The Orioles as a whole, I've just I think somebody mentioned that in the chat earlier, and I saw somebody tweet it out earlier. They were on like one hundred and eight win pace and then went to one hundred and three and one hundred and two and ninety four, and now they're like on a ninety win pace. The second half has been pretty bad overall for Baltimore. Taking it back to my neck of the woods in Toronto, Dalton var Show is going to undergo rotator cuff surgery. His season is done, but it also I've heard that could impact his availability for spring training after a dreadful season for Dalton Varshow where there has been a little bit of fantasy juice. But Matt, really, we're talking eighteen homers, ten stolen bases now, he's going to come into the spring training probably injured. He's probably a full avoid for me, Bubba, especially considering the state of the Blue Jays lineup heading into next year.
Speaker 2: Yep, he'll be a noe for me lest some massive things change. Like he had a couple of weeks where he was awesome this year, like all of a suddenly, hey, it looks like he's gonna Dalton Varshow after all. And then it disappeared again and maybe it was shoulder related. Maybe he's more banged up than we thought. But yeah, I'll need to see like a year removed from surgery before I get back on that train.
Speaker 1: He started off looking really good, but yeah, two fourteen average fifty eight revies, Like, there's a lot to not like here, and he's a definite drop. I still see he's on thirty eight percent of Yahoo rosters. I feel like that'll probably pick up a little bit today with the drops, but make sure that you're not starting Dalton VARs Show anywhere. It's kind of a surprise here. We had talked about Justin Steele Bubba last week or maybe the week before. We were both thinking that his season was likely done. But he's gonna start today against the Athletics. He had elbow tendonitis, has missed the last three weeks. Any interest in daily leagues and starting him here.
Speaker 2: No, I'll pass. I just don't know how deep he's gonna go. I think I just want to kind of get some innings towards the end. Now, if he looks good, he's set up to face Philadelphia and Cincinnati next week, so you get a two step from Justin Steel. Tough matchups, yes, but two starts from a near ace. If he's back to normal, that's pretty nice. Soe that keep an eye on next. I know a lot of people did drop him. I know I dropped him because I didn't think we'd see much out of him. I'd wait and see how this start Vers's goes, though, because the A's aren't a pushover. So I'll wait and see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he looks good, if he gives you, you know, six innings of one or two run ball or something. I feel like he's getting slotted into most lineups next week, especially with the two step. I didn't realize he had a two step. But I also will say this time of year, be very careful about two steps because things changed on a time. But yeah, as of right now, it looks like he is scheduled for that two step or one more piece of injury news and also just a wacky one. Victor Robla is removed after being hit by a pitch in the first inning and then being caught in one of the more bone headed plays I've ever seen, attempting to steal home in the first inning. It was bases loaded, two outs on a three to zero count, and Victor Robluss thought that was the time to steal home. I don't know what the hell he was thinking, Bubba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was an odd one. I know he was trying to get the NDErs on the board. But timing is everything, folks, in life and in baseball, and that was bad timing.
Speaker 1: It was awful, okay, Bubba. Let's move into the Best Bets of the Day for Wednesday, presented by our friends over at bad three sixty five. Again, use that promo code leading off, get yourself a little bit extra change here as we head down the stretch of the baseball season. Babau, where are you looking today on your betting sheet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some tough overall numbers out there, but we'll start with Auto Lopez. He's been swinging it really well, went deep on Tuesday night. Landon Knack has taking the bump for the Dodgers. Plus a depleted bullpen which is already one of the worst bullpens in baseball, top it off. So give me Auto Lopez over one and a half total bases at plus one fifty five. We'll have some fun with that. Pete Crow Armstrong early game, I've been having fun with this one. It's hitting like feels like seventy percent is give a take, and the odds are great. So Pete Crow over as over a half a run scored at plus one eight. I'll take the massive plus number on that. And then last but not least, we got to get some great American small park action here. Wi Maryfield has been good, not great, but good. Jacob Junis stinks, so let's just be real about it. So whip Maryfield over one and a half hits, runs or RBIs, so this is not like he could do it in one at bat if all things work out well at a wopping plus one twenty five. So I'll take my chances with that one.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it, and not many people are thinking about with Maryfield this time of year. But he actually hasn't been that bad like he really, especially since he's come over to Atlanta. I know things in Philadelphia weren't so so great, but I like that one. I really do like that one for wit Maryfield. I'm looking at Tarik's schouble today to start over six and a half strikeouts. The thing that does make me a little bit nervous is that it is Kansas City and they don't strike out a ton. But it was hard to pass up the cy young winner at plus money for six and a half strikeouts, a number that he has pretty consistently hit this year. So I'll take that at plus one oh five, and also take a look at nessor Cortes targeting those Mariners who strikeout more than I think any team at least in modern history, twenty seven and a half percent strikeout right taking nasty Nestor who is coming off of a very good start where he struck out nine Boston Red Sox, and as a whole he has been pretty solid. You know, there was that one stinker against Saint Louis, but really it's been a good couple months for Nestra Cortez. So I'm thinking he can get the five and a half today against the Mariners and then a little bit of a cheeky one here San Diego and Houston. The first five under three and a half runs. I'm taking this based on the strength of the starting pitching matchup. We have Dylan Ceesen Framber Valdez going head to head there. Don't really want to put too much faith in the bullpins, which is why I'm not going I'm not that the pens are bad or anything, but I'd rather just rely on the starter. So that's why we are taking the first five under three and a half runs. So, just to recap for Baba Auto Lopez over one and a half total basis Peekrow Armstrong over point five runs and wit Meryfield over one and a half hits runs In RBI, I got to Reik Schooble over six and a half strikeouts nessor Cortes over five and a half in the Padres in the Astros first five under three and a half runs. One last thing to do today, Bubba, and that is declare a home run call for the night. Who are you leaning with today?
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna go to coors Field. Is this guy named Austin Gomber pitching for the Colorado Rockies. There's a guy in the Diamondbacks lineup that huh loves facing lefties. I'm gonna go aohanel Swarez going deep on Wednesday versus the Colorado Rockies is in their last game at coors Field.
Speaker 1: Somebody mentioned in the chat about Jacob Junas. You mentioned Jacob Junas, So I am taking Matt Olson here at Great American small Park. He hit a home run yesterday. His odds, depending on where you look, are like plus one ninety plus two hundred for a home run, which is very very low for a single game home run. I think that the books expected to happen. I expected to happen. So let's see Matt Olson take Jacob Junas for a ride tonight. But guys, Bubba, that will do it. We really appreciate all you guys, who continue to be in the live chat here. The Penis and Cracker Jacks are still strong in the middle of September, so that is very much appreciated, Bubba. Any final words before we sign up today.
Speaker 2: Keep grinding, folks. We got about ten more days of baseball to go, and a lot of you guys are in your championship weeks and head to heads and you got roto competitions coming down to the wire. So keep trucking and if you've got questions, hit us up. We'll help you out.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. We're gonna be back here on Friday at the same time, same place. Make sure you are here because we are going to be talking about some things for next week. And I'll be honest, you're crazy if you're head to head week. Our head to head league goes into next week. But there are those of you out there, and we're going to talk about some strategies for next week, some players to pick up, maybe a couple of two star pitchers, and we'll do all that again on Friday. But until then, everybody, take care, have yourselves a great night. Cheers.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show.
Speaker 3: The best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB