Speaker 1: Were you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's the same on the West Coast as it is in the East Coast. Were you a Girl Scout or a Brownie?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was a Brownie for I think like two years and was obsessed with it. My mom loves she loves telling people.
Speaker 3: I remember it.
Speaker 4: I remember the meetings and the few things that we did. But my mom said, I was so proud of my uniform, like I loved it. I just I if I got a patch, it was a really big deal. She's like, you loved that uniform and just thought.
Speaker 3: You were everything.
Speaker 1: I get see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, my I didn't realize it continued on once I was done.
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of just done. I didn't realize, like.
Speaker 4: You can go through girls the Girl Scouts, yeah, I think all the way through high school.
Speaker 2: If I'm not, I think so because I don't know what the equivalent in the Girl Scouts is of an Eagle Scout for the Boy Scouts, which is like the highest level you can get to.
Speaker 1: Is an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't, But was there anything like the Pinewood Derby for brownies. That's what I'm asked. That's where I'm going with this. I did you have to build little race cars? That's probably just the boy the cub.
Speaker 3: Scouts, Okay, I mean it could have been.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I was a Brownie, so I think I was probably like second and third grade.
Speaker 3: I think that's as high as I went.
Speaker 4: So but you loved it, yes, And I support the Girl Scout Nation every year.
Speaker 3: I buy lots and lots of your cookies, my.
Speaker 1: Girl Scout cookie go.
Speaker 3: They used to be Smoe's but I think they're called Caramel Delights.
Speaker 4: Not sure what happened with the name change, but they are delicious and I bought some from You know, what's.
Speaker 3: Great is they even take bedmo Now. I mean they're just so I know, because.
Speaker 1: There it's a racket. It's a mafia, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: The worst is when you see them going in and then you pay with your card and you really I don't ever have cash on me ever, But I was like, I don't have any cash on me, guys, and then the mom's like, who do you have?
Speaker 3: Venmo zelleties?
Speaker 4: My dad used to especially when I was younger, a lot of my friends continued.
Speaker 3: With girl Scouts. He used to have like six or.
Speaker 4: Seven girls that were big girl Scouts that all knew to call Fred because he was getting no less than ten boxes from you. Like he was a bit and so I'm not I don't live up to my dad's expectation. He just absolutely was so sad when all my friends like graduated.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know, because he loved it. He loved feeling like he was helping them.
Speaker 4: And of course he loves the cookies well, by the wayway and Jordan just found them and was like, are you courting these?
Speaker 3: I was like, sure, no, I just forgot. They're just they're just right there.
Speaker 2: You're hoarding, by the way. The correct answers, of course, thin mints in the freezer. That is the correct answer to what is the best cookie?
Speaker 4: They are very good and they do well with many desserts. You put them in ice cream, you know you and the.
Speaker 1: Best red wine. Okay, there's you dip them. It's wonderful whiskey.
Speaker 2: Actually I used to have when I when I was sipping bourbon, which I don't do anymore.
Speaker 1: Excite the brown liquor. Brown liquor is fattening.
Speaker 2: Occasionally have one, but the the nice thin mint with like a nice whiskey.
Speaker 1: Very good bourbon.
Speaker 3: I have to tell Jordan that ye.
Speaker 2: Still the most brilliant thing I've ever seen, though, is the girl Scout table set up selling cookies outside the pot dispensary in l A. No brilliant, you are no hundred percent serious. You'd went in and you would get your weed, and then you'd come out and get your cookies.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely Geese genius.
Speaker 3: You know, there's an episode in Friends that he goes.
Speaker 4: Around, He goes into all the dorms, like totally, So.
Speaker 1: The Girl Scouts just did that.
Speaker 2: Well. Anyway, Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your thin mints and go back to a time when all the houses are smart. The Wave tsunamis in the High School musical.
Speaker 3: I'm Wilfred Ell and I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: On your Mark, Get Set Go.
Speaker 2: It is a new week of Magical Rewind and we are reviewing the Y TWK biographical sports drama Miracle in Lane two.
Speaker 1: Now it's worth noting there is no Miracle in Lane one. This is not a sequel.
Speaker 2: The dcom debuted on May thirteenth, two thousand and Like Double Team or Gotta Kick It Up, We've got an athletic portrait based upon a true story. This time the film was inspired by Justin Yoder, who was the first person with a disability to compete in the All American Soapbox Derby. Now you might be asking what is the All American Soapbox Derby. Well, it was founded in nineteen thirty four in Dayton, Ohio and has been called quote the greatest amateur racing event in the world unquote. The vehicles they race are called either soapbox cars or gravity racers. And these are vehicles that follow these rules. One they must have no motor, Two they must have four wheels, three they must have some type of brakes, and four you are not allowed to push it to start. They average around one hundred and fifty pounds and can reach speeds of twenty to thirty miles an hour using only the force of gravity on a somewhat slanted course. They were originally built from wooden soap or apple crates with roller skate wheels, mostly constructed by kids, but over time, like myself, it became more sophisticated. It's now common to see materials like aluminum and fiberglass used to build soapbox racers, a far cry from its very humble beginnings, and for the All American Derby competitors from all over the US, Canada, Germany and Japan come. It is the super Bowl of gravity propelled cars. Have you ever driven a soapbox.
Speaker 4: Sobriana, No, but I gotta tell you it was a dream of mine when I was a kid. I so fucking I think it came from watching Little Rascals.
Speaker 3: There's a scene.
Speaker 4: Where they have these, you know, these little kart things that they made, and they makeshifted themselves. I was never an engineer of any sort, had any business of putting something like that together. But yes, the idea of having a soapbox would have been unreal for me. I totally absolutely loved that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't know the piny urn of it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just something you did in your neighborhood. I didn't know it was like this big deal race thing. So this is what you really hear about.
Speaker 2: They can make anything competitive, so this is it was like, yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: The movie was originally titled Wheelie's and was filmed in March of two thousand and it was turned around for a May premiere, So March to May. That might be a new record for us here on Magical Rewind. That is a very very quick turnaround. Yeah, the movie did win the Director's Guild of America Award in two thousand and one for Best Director and a Children's Program, as well as the Humanity Surprise in Children's Live Action category. So as far as Kudo's Miracle and L two was quite the success. Now, Justin Yoder, the racer the movie is based on, first caught the eye of screenwriters because they all went to the same Mennonite church. You can actually see the real life Yoda in the crowd at one of the races in the film, so we'll point that out when we get there. Yoder said, the movie is pretty true to his story, except that he never actually won the National Championship. He made the Nationals but didn't win, So spoiler alert a little bit there, but we did have to point that out. We now, unfortunately have a very sad update on the movie. Justin Yoda unfortunately passed away on September fifteenth, twenty twenty four, at the young age of thirty seven in a car accident. He tragically was the innocent bystander in a crash caused by a high speed chase. A terrible footnote to the film, especially considering everything he had survived in his life, but it's incredible that his inspiring story will live on forever.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Justin.
Speaker 2: Were you aware of the film of Miracle in Lane two before it became podcast material for us?
Speaker 3: Yes? I watched it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was great. I mean I think it was mainly I mean, you know, the main star. We haven't gotten there too, but you know, such an incredible actor and was in everything at that point.
Speaker 3: So and that was that.
Speaker 4: Two thousand mark is right around when I was auditioning a ton and wanted so bad to be on the channel. So I really watched everything. But watching it back, I will say it hit a whole lot different this time around.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not know about this movie at all, But.
Speaker 4: Did you have did the did the title throw you off at all? Or did you kind of think I did.
Speaker 2: Truly had no idea what was about. I kind of had the inkling it had something to do with racing, okay, but I did not know what kind or what it was. For some reason, I thought maybe it was is it called stock car racing or funny car racing like the little It's not.
Speaker 1: It's like one step up from go karts.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I thought it was that, okay, and I didn't know anything about that. It had it was based on a true story or based on a character that had spined, but I didn't know anything about that whatsoever.
Speaker 4: I don't think I think that part pushed like I I missed the mark on that part. I don't think I had grasped that until this time around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is cool.
Speaker 3: It's such a great story. It really is.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do our early thoughts here. What did you think of the movie?
Speaker 1: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: I loved this movie. This movie was I mean, I feel like I've been saying, like it's kind of like I could, you know, couldn't just sit down and relax and watch it.
Speaker 3: This movie.
Speaker 4: I was in like from start to finish. I thought this movie was so great in so many ways, and I really can't wait to deep dive it.
Speaker 2: I want to deep dive it too. This might be my favorite movie that we've watched. Really, this movie was incredible. I thought this was almost a perfect dcom. Wow, like everything a Disney Channel movie should do, this movie did.
Speaker 4: This movie for me was what puts Disney so far like not just on the map, but so ahead and on top of any of the other networks that caters towards kids like. Truly, this is what is a perfect example of what makes Disney Disney and why families are so locked in to this brand and everything they put out.
Speaker 1: Like, I could not agree more.
Speaker 2: This is pretty close to a faultless movie, especially for younger people.
Speaker 1: Younger people could watch it, adults could watch it. This was.
Speaker 3: This was better than Double Team.
Speaker 2: People admitting it was, but wow, thanks Mi Kaala, no, thank you. Yes, it's clearly better than Double Team. Well, you can know more about Miracle and Lane too, because it's streaming on Disney Plus. You can watch it now before listening to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Or check it out later.
Speaker 2: It's really fifty to fifty, it's sixty four, it's seventy thirty. Just don't go betting on it, no matter what Vegas says. It's a trap, all right, So get the ball bearings Warm, It's time for the synopsis, based on the true story of Justin Yoder, a young boy with spina bifida, becoming the first person with a disability to compete in a soapbox derby now. Spina biffida, for those who don't know, is a birth defect that occurs when the spine and spinal cord don't form properly, leaving part of the spinal or exposed. It can cause physical and neurological issues, ranging from the mild mobility problems to more serious complications like paralysis. Had you heard of the condition before the film? Yes, yeah, me too. I knew a little bit about Spider Biffit as well. This is a condition rarely depicted in movies or TV, so at this time this really did give some representation for a birth defect that occurs in one out of every twenty five hundred.
Speaker 1: Berths in the US.
Speaker 2: Miracle in Lane two was directed by Greg Beeman, a name we have heard before. His prolific directing career began with the Magical World of Disney two movies, The Richest Cat in the World.
Speaker 1: And Little Spies. We haven't watched either one yet, but.
Speaker 2: He followed it up with a very fun movie Starr and Corey Felman and Corey Haim Yes the Eighties, Corey's Licensed to Drive in nineteen eighty eight. He also directed a ton of television like The Wonder Years, Nash Bridges, Smallville, and Heroes, but his dcom lineup is also very impressive. He directed Horse Sense, Sprink and the very first dcom ever, under Wraps. The movie stars Frankie Munez as Justin Yoder. Munez was one of the biggest TV stars of the arts, starring as Malcolm Wilkerson in the long running comedy Malcolm in the Middle. He also started movies like My Dog Skip, Big Fat Liar and Agent Cody Banks, eventually deciding that Hollywood wouldn't be his only focus and turning his attention to NASCAR racing, which gives this movie some cool backstory. In my opinion, He's basically spent his adult life racing and learning more about the sport, which is a cool plan. B. But it was announced earlier this year that Muniez would be returning to his Malcolm roots for a new series currently getting ready to film. He was kind of the it kid star of his era. He was in everything, and he is great in the.
Speaker 3: He is the perfect kid actor.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing last night.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know he's he's good looking, but he's like cute and like you know what I mean, And he.
Speaker 3: Looks like such a great kid.
Speaker 1: He's his eyes, he's a phenomenal actor.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: His eyes are so expressive and just like there, he's just adorable to watch.
Speaker 3: And he does.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you watch any one of the ones we've watched, are we just mentioned he's great in all of them, like they're all good movies.
Speaker 1: Is a very very legit child actor.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And then there's one of the coolest men ever and loved the name. Rick Rossovich plays his dad, Myrin Yoda. Rossovich is best known as Slider in the classic film Top Gun, where he takes off his shirt to play volleyball and I went, wow, never gonna look like that guy, but also appeared in movies like The Terminator, Roxanne, and Streets of Fire. I'll take all the movies I liked growing up for a thousand. Alex Molly Hagen is his mom. Sheila Hagen is also in a ton of things. I don't even know where to start. She appeared in movies like Code of Silence alongside Chuck Norris, but also in Some kind of Wonderful Election and Sully. On TV, she was one of the stars of Herman's Head. That's the second time we said that great show, appeared on Seinfeld, and most recently was a regular on a TV show called Walker Fun. Note she is also a coach in the Air Buds Cinematic Universe or what we like to call the ABCU. Tuck Watkins is Bobby Wade or God. Tuck is most recognizable for his role in the Mummy, but for soap opera fans they may know him as David on One Life to Live. He's still working a ton, most recently seen on the TV show Paradise, in the movie The Electric State. And finally, we mentioned this guy before for having a five second Fisherman cameo in the Thirteenth Year The Barnet's from movie We talk About a Lot and now here he is again with another small part.
Speaker 1: Joe McKinnon.
Speaker 2: Miller plays Bill Guntman Joel and his very recognizable flat top played Scully on the show Brooklyn nine to nine and Don Embry in Big Love but has been in movies like The Truman Show, Galaxy Quest, and Super eight. He's also one of many actors in this movie that also appeared on Malcolm in the Middle, So it looks like Munez has a crew.
Speaker 1: This dcom is wait for it, everyone, eighty nine minutes. Wowie wow.
Speaker 3: We have been seeing.
Speaker 2: This a lot, so close, but admirably one minute in front of the target, which we'd much rather see than behind it. Kudos to the bran behind this movie. They knew what they were doing. I will give this movie any props they wanted. It could have been one hundred and ten minutes. I still would have said it wasn't long enough. I probably said it was too long.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: Miracle in Lane two has two very interesting writers, and as I said, they knew Justin and his family from their church.
Speaker 1: Donald C.
Speaker 2: Yost is the first writer and his only other credit is the two thousand and three d com Full Court Miracle, which I'm sure we'll get to at some point. And then we have his writing partner Joel Kaufman, who, in addition to the two d cooms, also wrote a religiously theme movie called The Radicals and was the man behind the religiously themed comic strip Punches Puddle. He passed away in twenty fifteen at only sixty five years old. Okay, here we go, people. I see the checker flag and a jealous brother. That could only mean one thing. It's time to dive into miracle. In lane two, we open with a group of three teams playing basketball in the front yard. This appears to be either a two on one or a one on one on one, which are two options that do not exists in.
Speaker 1: That sport at all.
Speaker 2: We quickly transition to inside the house. We see dozens of trophies, which we know is decom symbolism for someone being a true athlete. We then see a young boy in a wheelchair, Justin longingly looking out in the window, and we hear his narration. He knows that he shouldn't feel bad. He has a lot to be happy about. A cool dad, Myron, though he's hardly everr home because he paints houses and teaches. Justin says his mom, Sheila is the best. She's very protective of her kids and is currently arguing on the phone with a teacher making sure Justin isn't treated differently than any of the other kids. Justin lives in a good town with friendly neighbors except old man Vic, a crabby tow truck driver who lives a few houses down.
Speaker 1: And then there's his brother Seth.
Speaker 2: And we need to give out some more flowers here because Seth is played by Patrick Cannon Levis, who of course we all know from Brinkping, but he was also on the.
Speaker 1: Disney Channel series So Weird.
Speaker 2: So he is obviously even at this point at Disney Channel veteran, and I thought he also.
Speaker 1: Killed it in this movie.
Speaker 2: The whole cast literally from top to bottom in this movie this. When we do our award show, which we're gonna do, it would be hard pressed not to have this up there at least nominated as Best Ensemble Cast in any dcom. They were great, absolutely so we also find out that his older brother, this wonderful Seth, is awesome at everything he attempts to do. The family though, we find out is going to a funeral today for a great uncle, and Seth is not thrilled about it. Justin says he's still considered quote special, but he hates that word. It's what people say when they don't expect anything from him.
Speaker 1: And then we enter a dream.
Speaker 2: Sequence, something that'll happen constantly. In this postmodern script, which I actually really liked, we see an angelic man who Justin mentions looks like the famous race car driver Bobby Wade.
Speaker 1: He's in a white shirt with the word.
Speaker 2: God on his back and I don't make mistakes on the front. He's working on a red sports car and lit by stadium lighting. And no matter what his shirt says, Justin can help but think he does make mistakes. Yes, he has scenes with God. And I know some people are like, why would they bring in something religious, But when it's a kid in a wheelchair talking to God, it just worked.
Speaker 1: I will get into that.
Speaker 4: He doesn't do it very often. This was the thing that really worked. Not to mention God look like the X Men. Awesome his sidebirds.
Speaker 1: He was just like, you look like Wolverine.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, isn't that the X Men?
Speaker 1: Well, the x Men is a team?
Speaker 3: Oh God, Okay, sorry, okay, yeah, the Wolverine? Did you have the guy?
Speaker 1: X Men was one guy, isn't it?
Speaker 2: No? The x Men of the team, Wolverine is the guy. Oh, Sabrina talk.
Speaker 1: I thought I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna get points on that all right, I just have to cut that out.
Speaker 2: Then I know we're keeping that in and I am texting Jordan later he has some serious work to do.
Speaker 1: Wow, unbelievable. I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear.
Speaker 3: It isn't the watching that downstairs. I'd go upstairs.
Speaker 1: Oh, he and I have to talk anyway.
Speaker 2: He does believe that God makes mistakes because he's hardly twelve and had almost two dozen surgeries. His legs are linguini and he'd love miracle, but God does not have an answer. The dream is broken up by Justin's mom yelling it's time to go. Seth announces that their dad said he didn't have to go, and Justin thinks he shouldn't have to go either. Life just isn't fair. But we quick cut to a church and Justin is there with his parents. He acknowledges that life isn't fair. We hear about Maynard, his dead great uncle, a longtime counselman, a volunteer firefighter, a church elder. Everyone is crying, and that's when Justin wonders what the minister would say about him, and he literally imagines his own funeral, and when it comes to the minister, describing Justin, he's had a loss of words. He's saying things like he's, he's, he was twelve, he attended middle school, and the funeral goers are clearly just getting bored. Justin then pops out of the casket and yells say something good. So the official adds he was in a nice wheelchair, and then the wheelchair floats over the casket and they start going off on the wheelchair and they're gonna miss that chair.
Speaker 1: This is not what Justin was expecting.
Speaker 2: Mid daydreamed. Justin yells out in the real funeral, what about me? And everyone is disgusted by the outburst. It's so cool how they were cutting back and forth, but then it just kind of stopped. But then it worked for me. Back at home, Seth is ready for a championship soccer game, but his dad can't come. In some misdirected anger about his dad, Seth lashes out at Justin, blaming him. At the game, Seth scores a goal in a very muddy field and he is carried off the field.
Speaker 1: By his teammates. Obviously the winning goal.
Speaker 2: Justin is disappointed when his brother doesn't celebrate the goal with him, leaving him Once again saying hey, wait a minute, what about me. I also liked several times in this movie you could tell that it was just raining and they went, Okay, reins in real life, let's go film, right.
Speaker 1: You don't see that a lot. You don't that it's supposed to rain.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's because of where we film in the dcoms, but it feels like Paul Hoan so many of his movies. It feels like it just started to rain and they went with it.
Speaker 2: I don't, but we don't see it a ton. I mean a lot of times, I mean shooting in the pouring rain, or he's riding the soapbox racer down in the pouring rain. I feel like a lot of movies they'd be like, all right, it's pouring rain and we've got a racing scene today. We're just gonna cut it.
Speaker 4: Like definitely, it's definitely a burden on a set, you know. Yea, the rain kills it with the camera, with the wardo.
Speaker 1: Thing, with the mics, with everything. So but they're not prepared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it definitely looks like they just rolled with it.
Speaker 1: Yep, keep rolling. Loved it.
Speaker 2: That's how it was a little later, we're now again in the full on rain. Seth wins MVP. Justin tries to wheel up closer. That's my brother, he yells, but again he is neglected. Later that night, at the house, Seth is sleeping, but Justin he's wide awake. He glances at his brother's trophies, then at his empty shelf. He just wants to know what it feels like to be a big shot. He wins a trophy once in his life. He knows getting a trophy won't be easy, especially since he's taking time bomb.
Speaker 1: It's what he calls himself.
Speaker 2: He has hydrocephalus, where the spinal fluid builds up in his head, which, again from the way he describes it just sounds like such a burden for any young person, especially to have it well one.
Speaker 4: His parents too, to like, sure, the anxiety to watch your kid and trying to see you know, if you can detect it while you're just looking at them. I mean, gosh, that that anxiety is just gone.
Speaker 1: But that's so hard.
Speaker 2: A whole other level of this film, that something you would get out of this that I wouldn't not being a parent. I mean, you then would take that to a whole nother level as a parent watching this movie, which is another layer for Disney. I mean, they're just I love this movie and I don't have kids. You love this movie. It was a different level for you. I mean, there was just another reason why this is just so good.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I will say, by the way, this couple, this married couple, is one of my favorite couples.
Speaker 1: We see a greed one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Handle so many of them, and this is just the start. We're just hearing just a little bit of things here and there, the way they handle it and like just hands down, such a good but.
Speaker 2: Also talking about how they're flawed and their mistakes. And I mean they were not perfect, but they were great. They were trying. They were a team.
Speaker 3: I mean, the dad had a little bit of a speed bump.
Speaker 2: He did, but I kind of liked, liked his speed book, like it was very real his speed boom.
Speaker 4: Again, parents, parents, adults, just because you're an adult does not mean you have all the right answers, nor do you know how to handle everything correctly. You're learning just as much as everyone else is, you know.
Speaker 2: So the first thing I really realized as an adult is that adults don't know. Kids think adults know everything and that's what keeps the world going.
Speaker 1: But when you're an.
Speaker 3: Adult and as a parent, that you do. It's a part of maulation.
Speaker 4: But you realize, like your parents, your parents are not superheroes.
Speaker 3: They do not know everything.
Speaker 4: They do not have every answer and every way to get out of situations.
Speaker 1: Everybody's stumbling through life every day. That's just how it works. We are now at breakfast in the morning.
Speaker 2: He tells his mom he has a headache, and then, just like Sabrina says, the whole family instantly becomes concerned. They start dramatically rushing around the house prepping for the hospital, but Justin stops them eventually. No, no, no, it's not that type of headache, he says, And he tried to tell them before.
Speaker 1: And he did.
Speaker 2: Later that day, Justin is walking the neighborhood with his brother, a newspaper delivering friend named Brad, and their blonde girlfriend, Cindy. Justin is still hung up on his trophy idea. How will he win one? What can he do? And that's when a newspaper goes rogue and some wind brings an advertisement for Little League right to Justin's wheelchair.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: He imagines a night game playing in the outfield. The ball is hit deep and he wheels quickly to the fence. The ball defies physics by freezing midair. As he puts on his glove, he eventually falls right into his mit. Also, the field was empty outside of just him and the batter, So, like the earlier basketball game, numbers are strange in this universe, but it's still work. Teammates then appear and hoist Justin on their shoulder with a trophy. We're now back on the street. In reality, the older kids stop at old man VI's house. Rumor is he kidnaps kids and chops them up in his shed. But most importantly, Justin reveals to the group has his new plan to sign up for baseball. Brad jokes, what's he going to play the bass? And oh, I loved how Right away his brother sticks up for him. He's like, don't you take that on my brother, but then turns around and reminds his little brother that the only reason he was allowed to play in the very little league in te ball was because his mom had them change the.
Speaker 1: Rules for him.
Speaker 2: Justin is still sure that he can play Seth says he'll help convince their parents just follow his cue. Later, we're then at the dinner table. Seth is leading the family prayer and also insulting his mom's cooking at the same time. But Justin is loving his mom's cooking, or at least pretending to. And then Seth, who can be a real jerk, calls Justin out he just instantly changed, because before we thought he was a cool dude. And then boom, he says he only likes the minister on his suit because he wants to play baseball, Thanks dude. His parents are a little taken back because it's a competitive hardball, but Justin says that all of his friends are signing up and a wheelchair shouldn't hold him back from anything. Then the dining room transforms into a family court. They're all wearing black robes and long white wigs. Seth is the judge. Dastardly dad is arguing against baseball and his magnificent mom is fighting for it. Dad said it's not physically possible, even if you're Jackie Robinson. His mom argues, this just has to do with what's right and wrong. She also thinks Jackie Robinson as a woman, but she wins the case. He will play baseball after all. And the next day the boys are with their mom and the van, excitedly singing take me out to the ballgame, and Justin is drinking a big blue slurpee, which looks really good right now.
Speaker 1: Favorite slurpee flavor, Sabrina go.
Speaker 3: I like the mix of the cherry and the blueberry.
Speaker 1: I was a coke man myself. I loved the good coke slurpy.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, they were great until panic attacks started to set in.
Speaker 1: And then halfway through a slurpee, I just started freaking out with.
Speaker 3: The coke flavor. Actually was it was actual coke?
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was. It's just kafe.
Speaker 3: I know, I tried it, but I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Ever that was like I like blue too. It knows how nobody knows the flavor. They're like, what's your favorite flavor?
Speaker 3: You're like blue, Yeah, isn't it blueberry? Or is it berry?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Blue?
Speaker 3: I feel like it would change. That's probably why probably were blueberry.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think it's just blue.
Speaker 2: But the bubble burst when we cut to a coach at signe up saying absolutely not if something happens to Justin, they might have to shut the whole league down. We see a roaring bear. It's time for my grizzly to come out, she says. If Justin can't play, neither can Seth. And we know they don't want to lose their all star player. The coach wants to know how Justin will play the field or run the bases, putting Justin on the spot to answer. He stutters, thinking of the best coach response, and then just hurls blue slurpy all over the coach. He just throws up all over him.
Speaker 3: It's not ready for that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I knew it was coming. I knew that was coming. I could tell the way that they had. They kept cutting to him, drinking like this is not going to go well. I didn't know if he was going to pee or he was going to throw up, but I knew something was going to happen.
Speaker 1: But three strikes and you're out. After throwing up on the coach.
Speaker 2: On the ride home, Siel is not giving up. They just to dude, just things and Seth angrily compares it to how their dad has to work all the time to pay for Justin's medical bills, and uh, oh, we might have a jerk dcom brother.
Speaker 1: We're not quite sure yet. It makes sense why yeh, But I get the frustration, but we don't know where this is going.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I honestly, he I mean, especially up to this point in the movie, is really not. I was having a lot of empathy for him because he could only imagine how hard it would be and even how quick. Like you said earlier, when we cut from him sticking up to his brother than him being home at the house, the difference of him being out in the world with his brother and how protective. But then when he's home, he's more irritable because he gets away with a lot of stuff right there in front of his face with his parents like that is so, that seems like such a real thing. I agree, growing up in a family like that, we saw it with true confessions.
Speaker 3: Ye Like, it is hard. So my heart was like just so empathetic.
Speaker 4: I really couldn't even allow myself to look at him too harshly as a dick brother.
Speaker 3: But it definitely starts happening.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you to this point, he does, and up to this point I don't disagree with you, And they actually address it later which I love?
Speaker 1: Which is?
Speaker 3: And I love how? Yes?
Speaker 1: I love so good.
Speaker 2: Justin now imagines himself riding shotgun in a racing NASCAR with his pal god Or Bobby Wade. The the race car driver, Bobby yells over the engine that this is not the end of the world. Never say die, but he breaks it to him Justin might just not be cut out for baseball. He continues using cliches to raise his spirit, promising Justin his ship will eventually come in. Then Justin wakes up from the dream in a cold sweat and says chess. A few days later, he's already set to play in a tournament at the park. His mom drives him in the in the van while his dad drives Seth to a doctor's appointment. In the truck, Justin thinks something's up with his brother, but his mom said it's not an issue, it's just a doctor's visit. Once Justin is at the tournament, he lets a woman sign him up for the seven to ten division, even though he's twelve. Maybe it'll help him win the trophy. But in one game, he is crushed and eliminated by a larry little kid Like he's like a year. It's like a six year old to just goes to check mate.
Speaker 4: Hey, no, shade, there is no way I would be in any kind of chess tournament, any kind of great thing, especially of the kids that really know what they're doing. Yeh, a seven year old could totally kick my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. You have a chess mind or you don't have a take it.
Speaker 3: Up, take it up and join it tournament.
Speaker 2: It's like waking up and going singing, I'm gonna be a singer. Like, no, that's not how that works. On his way out of the park, he passes another competition with a huge trophy. It's for an annual car show, and Justin notices old man Vic is participating with his Corvette.
Speaker 1: Oh that beautiful car. He told.
Speaker 2: He's told his car is one of the best ones there. But he's unlikely to win because local passerby votes is the only way to win, and he is not charming at all. So Justin decides to help by standing next to Vic and getting sympathy as the kid in the wheelchair, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what, it works.
Speaker 2: But at first, Vic isn't willing to trade the trophy for the support, but eventually realizes it's the only way he'll win.
Speaker 1: While hyping up.
Speaker 2: The cars to voters, he sees doctor Kwan, his family doctor. He asks if Seth's okay, but she says she hasn't seen him in a while, which in truth can just be abiding by the hippo laws I would imagine, but it also just confuses I don't have to say anything, but I get what she's doing.
Speaker 1: But a confused Justin why did his mom lie to him?
Speaker 2: Vic wins the car show and says they'll mail the trophy to him after they engrave Justin's name on it. He also explains he doesn't drive the car anymore because he gets too nervous it'll be damaged by the city's potholes, or by bird poop, or by anything else. And as somebody who grew up with a dad who loved cars that much, I totally understood what he was saying. The trophy, it turns out, I'll take about a week. So Justin watches with his binoculars every day as Vic gets his mailed, just to make sure he's not being bamboozled.
Speaker 1: Right word. Also, his brother.
Speaker 2: Keeps going to these quote unquote doctor's appointments, so Justin decides it's time to do some detective work. He snoops around for any doctor paperwork he can find and ends up finding strawberry scented massage oil in his parents' room.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it said scented and not flavored. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Speaker 2: He also finds the Rollodex and decides to call all the doctors in it.
Speaker 1: Until he figures out what his brother is doing. Favorite flavor of central massage oil. Go, I'm kidding. We won't even go there. We won't do it, so brain.
Speaker 2: Then we are at doctor Kwan's office. Justin is having his check up and no headaches. It looks like he is all good. Back home, old man Vick is looking for Seth, so Justin speeds over to his place, hoping for the trophy, but when Vic doesn't come to the door, Justin decides to snoop and sees a Bobby Wade poster in the garage. He also sees a box way high up on the shelf that's marked metal.
Speaker 1: Inside.
Speaker 2: Justin is sure that's the trophy. He finds a broom and slowly needles it down and the whole time, I'm going no, no, please, no, no, no, no, no please no.
Speaker 1: I mean just trying not to yell at the screen.
Speaker 4: I know it's like, oh my god, no, you cannot do this.
Speaker 1: You knew what was going to I knew where it was headed, and I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't want to see this happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh so anyway, in the process, what you think is going to happen absolutely happens, and the entire shelving unit falls, crashing into Vic's beautiful show Corvette and engaging a lift that rolls it down the driveway into the trash cans.
Speaker 1: I gasped.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, as I watched this happening, for so many reasons, I want him to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to ruin the car. I didn't want old man Victim find out I was in it. I was in it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, I this is I mean again, you love this kid so much. Obviously the car is just beautiful, but like it's just there's so many things where you're going.
Speaker 3: You just don't want him to get in trouble. I know you know where it's going.
Speaker 4: And you're also like what were you thinking you were gonna be able to get that big box down At the very least, you're gonna like, you're gonna ruin your trophy.
Speaker 3: Your trophy is going to be broken, or.
Speaker 1: Drop it on your own head, or drop it on your legs, or drop.
Speaker 2: So many bad ideas all the way around. He's a kid, I get it, but those are bad ideas. And just like that, family court is back in session. Now it's mom and dad on the same side. There is no defense team. They double team him. This is a better movie than double Team, revealing that the box didn't have a trophy in it at all. The jury that appears to be just clones of his mom and dad over and over again, find him guilty and sentenced him to torture in a dungeon and getting burned at the stake.
Speaker 1: But way more importantly.
Speaker 2: He can no longer have Vic's trophy. He'll also work for Vic until he pays off all of his damages. He immediately starts in with a job, fixing things around the house and asking the mysterious neighbor about his shed.
Speaker 1: Vic angrily tells him to keep out of it.
Speaker 2: None of your business, And it's like telling a kid, do not go into my magical closet of mystery, where it's like, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 1: That night in the parents.
Speaker 2: Room, Sheila admits she's disappointed in Justin, but Myron says he's just a kid. These things happen. She's off to work, but Myron is all horned up. They we get some, We get that this is still kind of a young, fun, horned up couple since they're finally home alone, but she just doesn't have time.
Speaker 1: She got to go sell some buildings. Justin also talks to.
Speaker 2: His brother about the shed. Vic must be hiding something major in there. Maybe he is a mass murderer. He again fantasizes about visiting God slash Bobby Wade for answers or x man.
Speaker 1: I can't even say that.
Speaker 2: Justin admits he always thought that there was a rhyme and reason to everything, But why would God stick him at old man Vix. It's getting tougher and tougher to defend God. He needs something to work with here. The next morning, he's right back at Vic's on a hot day, and his new boss brings him milk and cookies as a snack.
Speaker 1: But Justin is scared to eat them.
Speaker 2: Justin explains his condition to Vic, revealing a laisse fair attitude about death, which actually kind of impresses Vic. Vic has some errands to run and trust Justin to keep things cool while he's gone, which he would, but that shed keeps calling to him. Once alone, Justin wheels his way over and looks inside, and we can see that it is filled with racing trophies. He can't believe his eyes. They're all for the Soapbox Derby Races and engrave with the name Rebecca Saunders. We see an actual soapbox car and pictures of his wife and daughter. There's also a perfectly set up projector for Justin to watch Vic's home movies. We see footage of races and a very animated Vic with his daughter, certainly a different man than we know today.
Speaker 1: And then Vic walks into the shed and screams, get off of my property. Oh and you knew it was going to be caught, and you knew it was coming, and I was nervous for him. And that's another reason I knew I was into this movie. I was like, don't get caught, don't get caught.
Speaker 4: Oh man, and then you see it's it's the whole visual too, where he's sitting there watching and you see Vic's big body right in the shadow. We go hide, but you can't.
Speaker 3: Justin can't easily hide.
Speaker 1: No, of course.
Speaker 3: Awful.
Speaker 2: He's very emotional, obviously, Vic and kicks Justin off of this property. At dinner, Justin suggests to the family that they take turns telling each other about their unusual days. But as his dad starts to explain about some giant science lab that they got, Justin can't contain himself anymore. He just wants to soap Bucks Derby race. If they say yes, he will never ask for anything again. His parents say they'll need to check it out make sure that it's safe, but no family court needed here.
Speaker 1: He can do it.
Speaker 2: Just admits he got the idea from Vic, and his parents suggest Vic mentor him. Justina greenes, but we know this might be a problem with the series of events that just took place at his house. While the kids clean up, Sheila says she's in the mood for strawberries.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. I was like gonna let it go. I put it down in Sabina seas, we've got strawberry lube in a d Comya's insane?
Speaker 1: Is it lube?
Speaker 2: Let's okay, let's break this gask No, I want to break Is it lub or is it massage oil?
Speaker 1: Because those are two different things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like, because why would your lube need to be strawberry?
Speaker 3: I don't know why it would need to be strawberry. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I just it's just inappropriate and just not okay that it's in this dcom.
Speaker 3: It is the one flaw that actually ends up happening.
Speaker 4: And then if you didn't care and you just let it go, as I did. I cared, but like I was gonna let it go, and they brought it back up in a sexual way, like.
Speaker 3: They've been the mood for some strawberries, like.
Speaker 4: Ew, mom, oh, could you imagine after finding that, hearing your mom say that, let me barf everywhere?
Speaker 3: I will die.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know what other flavors they went through first to land on strawberry. Anyway, Yes, we've still got very very horny parents and a very red sabrina.
Speaker 3: I mean they already had.
Speaker 4: I was in one of my I'm gonna say now, it was like that was the most like very overtly sexual. Brought me back to Chirsty Collins and Romano's kiss in her movie parents had at the very beginning, just like massive little makeout session.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, Strawberry God, we'll move on. That night, cethswigs some medicine for his stomach aches. He blames pressure for the pain. He's stressed, but he doesn't want to talk about it. In the morning, Justin gets dressed up and borrows his mom's cookies to go to Vic's house. He immediately apologizes for sneaking into the shed and Vic very nicely forgives him, and then Justin broaches the subject of soapbox racing and Vic immediately says no. Justin explains this might be the only chance he has to be good at something and Vic can teach him. He just wants help getting started. Vic says he'll think about it. The next thing you know, we're at a neighborhood amateur soapbox race. Vic has brought Myron Seth and Justin to scope out the practice run.
Speaker 1: Seth thinks you just sit in the car and do nothing.
Speaker 2: That's not a sport, but Vic brings him to the pits and explains the complexity of steering and how conditions of the course and the weight of the driver are key. Since Seth isn't heavy, it gives him a lot of weight to play with. Vic knows all the intricate tricks and warns them don't ever inspect another racer's car.
Speaker 1: It's just not done.
Speaker 2: And this is another thing that I loved about this movie that they do in several other movies, and I'll talk about a little later too, but one of the things I love that Disney Channel can do is they find these micro worlds.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge fan of microworlds. I love them.
Speaker 2: I've talked about them before and something like soapbox racing is a world where if you're in it, it's probably your whole life, and if you're not in it, you don't know anything about it, right, And so I love when they find these little microworlds, and then they spend a scene or two where somebody, as the audience surrogate, explains exactly what you need to know, and it's like, you don't do this, you don't do that, No, you want to do this. Here's the materials that are used, here's the stuff, and it was one again.
Speaker 1: Once again.
Speaker 2: I was just like, boom, check another box of how great this movie is microworld.
Speaker 1: Check explaining everything about it. Check you know what's.
Speaker 3: Great about it?
Speaker 4: Though, because this was exactly how we felt about jump in with that Microworld. Is that because you don't know anything, you're a very you don't question it either, right, they say it's one way. It makes it so easy to keep going because you don't know any better, so you just go with it, and it makes the watch just like seamless, which is what I really love about the microworlds that they've used here.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one thousand percent.
Speaker 4: This was I mean it could be different, Like could you imagine somebody who actually grew up in this world and mean like that's not how they do right, you know, you know, like like you like me and you feel like we know, like oh you don't get pushed At the beginning, we talk about the kids release like we we're pros now, we want one movie.
Speaker 1: One movie, right, we know everything, Like.
Speaker 4: There could be somebody who's like no, you fully like it's your person that's behind you has to be big in buff and brush you who knows?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but having any.
Speaker 3: Idea makes it so easy, and I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 2: Justin finds his way over to a gravity car with flames on it. Really cool car being dusted off by a cute curl driver. She says she's not allowed to talk to the competition, but Justin explains he's.
Speaker 1: Not a driver yet. Her advice for winning, which is great, is never to face her. She's a bat.
Speaker 2: Seth calls the driver's losers spelled correctly in this movie, but his dad says it looks like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Womp womp. Jerk. Brother Vic says he's love that. Vic says he.
Speaker 2: Got Justin started, the rest is up to him, but Justin doesn't want to just start.
Speaker 1: He wants to win.
Speaker 2: He has to win. Vic says he can't do it again and gets emotional when Justin pushed. He asked Justin to just let him be and leaves. Back at the house, Myron is helping Justin assemble a car and it's not easy. While over in vic shed Vick is watching the old film Reel Now and crying. He finally faces his own heartache. Great scene after great scene, Justin and his dad get into the groove and have started the rear axle. But guess who shows up. That's right, it's Vic. He says he's just returning the cookie tin and has things to do, but immediately has thoughts on how to drill the holes. He starts giving expert advice and grabs a tool.
Speaker 1: He is now in. Myron and Justin are so happy, but Seth, he watches from Afar.
Speaker 2: Snickers and shakes his head inside the house and again I was waiting for the scene, and I understood it. Seth complains to his mom. Suddenly his dad can postpone his painting jobs.
Speaker 1: It all stinks. Shila tells him.
Speaker 2: This is finally Justin's time to shine, and Seth kind of starts to understand. But I also get the he can give up everything to make a race car for my brother, but he can't come to a single.
Speaker 1: One of my games. I get that.
Speaker 2: Later that night, Myron is still working on sketches for the racer. He needs to figure out a way for Justin to break since he can't use his feet. Seth, who appears wearing his baseball uniform exactly like we're just talking about makes his dad promise to come to his big game, and of course Myron swears that he'll meet them there. And when Myron finally does give up work for the night and jumps in the van for the game, the parking break gives him an idea he's figured it out. At the same time, Seth is having a killer game but notices his dad isn't there. Myron is actually back at work with Vic in the garage on the handbreak, which is something that actually invented in real life for Justin. But I was sitting there going like, oh, dude, dude, come on, no, you promised your son will celebrating the idea, Myron realizes he's missing Seth's game, and by the time he gets.
Speaker 1: To the field, they've already left. It was so sad. How did you.
Speaker 3: Feel about that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it felt like you could obviously see it was coming, and it was like, you're about to really, this is not going to be good, dad, this is not And but at the same time you feel for the dad character because he's just so excited that his son, who has not really ever been able to fully participate in anything, finally has something, you know, right, and when he says, you know, Justin's counting on me, when he says that to his wife, it's like, I think at that point it would have been obviously this wouldn't havebeyed as great of a movie and had as much depth, But at that point it would have been like, all right, you know what, tonight, I'm not going to make it.
Speaker 3: And that's when you conquer and divide, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to go to baseball.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do this, but your kids know you cannot show up for him, because it is just devastating, and it made me think, I don't think. I can't think. There's only one time of when my parents were no, not even one time they were out on a trip, a business trip. There's not very many times when my parents didn't show up. So it made me really that hit hard because I'm like, I had parents that were there all the time, no matter what busy schedules, they they got there.
Speaker 3: So it's just like to.
Speaker 4: Not have that for him, and he's already had such a hard time with his brother. I mean, I've got so much feelings for this kid.
Speaker 1: I I get it. You can see why he's why he's there and.
Speaker 4: Knowing that this is real life, like ye, like yeah, that people have to go through when they've got a sibling who's got a lot of things that their parents have to attend you.
Speaker 2: It seems like, and again I'm not speaking from any form of experience whatsoever, but from the people that have dealt with it, it seems like a lot of your childhood has to go away pretty quickly because you all have to live for somebody else, and it's selfless, and it's can be wonderful for the other person, but that's also got to.
Speaker 1: Be a really difficult thing. And they and they address it, which.
Speaker 3: I like, yes, because they're human. They're human, of.
Speaker 1: Course for everybody.
Speaker 2: That night, of course, Sheila is very disappointed in Myron. Seth pitched a no hitter. Myron tries to apologize to Seth and says he never knew if it would be harder being the kid in the wheelchair or being that kid's.
Speaker 1: Brother, which is exactly what we're just talking about.
Speaker 2: He always dreamt his kids would play ball and ride bikes, but all that changed when Justin was born. He wants to be the best dad, but it was all new territory. He always thought if he couldn't cheer for both his sons. He couldn't cheer for either, which is why he misses games. Seth is still offended in storms off. Great acting scene here by both of them. Rick Rossovich kills it again. We're watching a Disney Channel movie and it was just great, really really good.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dad, that seems like something you tell your therapist, not actually to your son.
Speaker 3: That was a harsh.
Speaker 2: It was, but I also get the vulnerability of I want to tell you what I've been going through, like this is why fourteen.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to put on your kid, Like, oh, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 4: Still, I mean it just made the movie so good. And again we hit that part that you were saying earlier of these two parents being vulnerable and opening up and showing like, look, I can look back on it now and see I might have not handled this correctly.
Speaker 1: And I'm doing my best. I'm figuring this.
Speaker 3: Same, I'm trying my hardest.
Speaker 1: Like agree.
Speaker 2: The next day, Myron puts Justin in the unpainted racer for the very first time. Vick and Schiller are set up with walkie talkies to help they push him off, and it's shaky from the start. He has trouble with the steering and crashes into a tree. Everyone rushing to the car, fearing he's injured. They carry him back to the wheelchair and realize it wasn't his fault. Someone crossed the wires, and of course Justin knows who did it. He confronts his brother, who's hanging with his friends. Justin knows he's the culprit, but Seth doesn't know what he's talking about. Justin calls him jealous, but Seth says his brother couldn't win even if he wanted. The argument intensifies when Justin says he may be crippled, but at least he's not crazy, exposing that the weekly doctor's appointments are actually to see a therapist. He says his brother is nuts and a cuckoo. There was such a stigma on even going to therapy back in the day. Go get your therapy on everybody, it's good for you.
Speaker 4: But this is the first time we've heard it at all. In any of the d coms we've watched, they've not touched on actually going to theybe you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, and you're going wow like that.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: Have we not even seen it in the newer ones like Prompact or any of the ones where obviously there's no stigma around going to a therapist anymore.
Speaker 1: Have they not addressed it in any of the new I.
Speaker 3: Could absolutely be wrong, I've.
Speaker 1: Got I don't think you are. I can't think of the.
Speaker 4: Whole memory, But I don't think that we've seen any of these movies talk about going to somewhere where you can discuss what's going on and get your help that way.
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 4: Again here we are seeing Disney opening up and an option bringing something to the forefront for kids.
Speaker 3: How many parents were watching this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, going, you know, just bringing that to making it a normal, okay thing to do?
Speaker 1: It would have been nice.
Speaker 2: I had they added a couple of lines later on about needing it or it you know it's necessary, or you should go.
Speaker 1: They kind of brush it.
Speaker 4: But at the end, when when we see the end result of like that that had helped him come.
Speaker 1: To that, I agree, Yeah, which would have been.
Speaker 3: Really great and just hit it real hard, but I agree.
Speaker 2: So Seth is obviously very hurt that this is now public and tells his brother to shut up, eventually rushing at him. He's stopped by his friends, but blames Justin for bad vacations and always being broke. He says he hates his brother and wishes he was dead, and then runs inside of the house. Very intense, also a very real kind of fight. And my only criticism of this movie, and it is a criticism with the smallest ce in the world, is they never really address this fight.
Speaker 1: They have it and then they move on.
Speaker 2: And part of me says, that's true to life, Like between brothers, you fight like this and then you just wake up the next day and you pretend it never happens. So part of me is like, dude, that's the way it was. Part of me is like, man, they made a big deal of this scene. It would have been nice had they addressed it a bit, but they kind of do at the end in a way they address it without addressing it, and.
Speaker 1: It worked for me. So it's not even a criticism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a little like, oh, okay, we're are now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was that was a that was a lowed abrupt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great scene.
Speaker 1: Great crazy See.
Speaker 4: I thought the friends were good in it too, like just they look so real, like so shocked.
Speaker 3: Like what the hell.
Speaker 2: Just I agree.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do right now. I don't know. I'm just going to stand here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, crazy.
Speaker 3: The scene was so good, so good.
Speaker 1: It was really really good.
Speaker 2: Justin knows his brother won't speak to him now, so he returns to god Slash Bobby Wade's garage, but he's nowhere to be found. We're now at the South Bend Local Race. Justin feels bad about what he said to Seth, especially since he realized the wire mix up was actually his dad's mistake. His confidence is low for the first competition. The car is now painted with a little red and candy cane. After dinner, Mint look looks kind of cool. The race starts in Justin speed's down the street. He thinks he's going to crash and wonders why he did all this at all, But in the end he does finish. He doesn't win, but he finishes. Everyone is very excited, especially Justin. Seth though is unmoved, apparently forced to attend and reading a book in the stands. And then we get my favorite, a good old fashioned montage. That's how we know someone is training and getting better. In a dcom Justin his family and Vic compete in race after race, getting better each time. Seth is just as Poudy in every city that they go to. Justin even ends up winning a race. Practice is making perfect, but he still doesn't have a trophy. It's the last race of the season and this is his last chance. If Justin wins today, he qualifies for nationals in Akron.
Speaker 1: That's Ohio people.
Speaker 2: While getting the Soapac's ready, Myron and Sheila talk about their expectations. She's worried he won't win, but Myron says, even if he doesn't win, it's his first year. Sheila just doesn't want it to be his last, and Myron promises to behave And I loved the every moment between the parents as well.
Speaker 1: The kid's stuff was great, the parents stuff was great. It was just good.
Speaker 2: It is now the Tri State Regional finals and there are some bad news. Justin is in a lot of pain. His head is hurting and he's trying to focus on the trophy. Vic is concerned, but nothing is going to stop Justin. It's time to race on your mark, get set go. Justin is speeding down the course, but now having vision issues, he's fading fast. And eventually passes out, crashing into some barrels of Hey. His parents rush to the car, and so does Seth. Justin is unconscious and they have to call an ambulance. My heart was in my chest. Well that makes no sense. My heart was in my throat. My heart is always in my chest.
Speaker 1: There you go. At the hospital, his family and Vic wait for word.
Speaker 2: Doctor Kuana arrives and says he's stable, and they drain the fluid, but his shunt needs to be replaced again. He's going to be all right. He got there just in time. But the doctor doesn't get why he ignored all the signs that his shunt and everything were malfunctioning and that he was in a pretty dangerous way.
Speaker 1: They all know it was due to his passion to win.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, in the hospital bed, Justin is visited by God or Bobby Ray or X Man.
Speaker 1: But this time it's I have to say it. But this time it's not an epiphany.
Speaker 2: It's actually him right there in the flesh, wearing a large leather jacket. Old man Vic was one of his old mechanics and told him Justin was a natural. Bobby plays along, asking for driving tips. Justin tells him to focus. Meanwhile, back at the Yoder's house, a maname Randall Gray from the All American Soapbox Derby calls and Seth answers while he's leaving a message. Myron and Sheila visit Justin at the hospital after what is now his twenty fifth surgery. He's happy to hear the doctor said he's as good as new, but bum that he lost the race. Justin knows he has to be safer, but says racing is the best thing that has ever happened to him. He was so close, and now at the tips Bobby Wade gave him, he's a lock. His parents are concerned Bobby Wade, he's hallucinating now what's going on? They don't believe Bobby Wade was ever at the hospital. Isn't this something they could just have asked a nurse about or somebody would have seen Anyway. When they do finally get Justin home, Seth tells him no one called because he's at this point, unfortunately acting like a big kind of jerk. We don't know why, but we're like, ooh, what's going on? Thank God though the beginning, or thank Bobby Wade that the beginning of Randall, Gray's message was still on the answering machine. Eventually, Seth admits the kid who beat Justin had to drop out and they want Justin to take his place. Myron and Sheila jump up and down. How glorious. Justin can't believe he's going to nash, but Seth can't believe they're letting him race again, and darts off for his room. He has followed close behind his dad, who barges into the room and yells at the top of his.
Speaker 1: Lungs Seth, what's going on. It's a good clip.
Speaker 2: Myron calls his older son selfish, and Seth says, fine, let him crash again. He reveals he's actually afraid he's going to die. Every time Justin goes to the hospital, he may never come back. It's very sad. It is a great scene. His dad hugs him and they cry together. Have you cried by nine times by this point in the movie?
Speaker 4: Yes, I was like, I mean, the crash was just it was like, oh my, I'm going this is gonna turn into such a crazy movie.
Speaker 3: I'm never gonna see this kid race again.
Speaker 4: I just oh and then and then you could see the gut wrenching just I mean, it was just so good in the hospital too, of his brother, like looking like he really thought that this could be it, you know, and having you know again, you would think in a real life situation that many kids go through, you have this anger and resentment and then things go down a bad path for their health and the amount of guilt and just man upsetness that kid would go through because of the last thing that you might have said to your sibling, just because you were frustrated, but you had.
Speaker 3: A reason to be, you know.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh my god, I'm just like all of the zabby mess. Jordan's down going what the hell are you watching?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, did you ever see this movie? Jordan? He goes, yeah, wasn't it good? Like I think the kid wins at the end. I'm like, I haven't gone there yet. I don't remember, but oh oh, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's such a good movie.
Speaker 2: It is now the morning of the regionals and we hear a honk. It's Vic and his vintage Corvette. He's finally driving it to escort justin to the race. A woman even passes by.
Speaker 1: And flirt with them.
Speaker 2: More hony parents Vic finally tells Justin the story of his daughter. She died a week before the Nationals in a swimming accident, and his wife died a year later from what he thinks is a broken heart.
Speaker 1: He wanted to die too, but never had the courage. He just closed himself off from the world. That is until Justin came along.
Speaker 2: It's the best thing that could have happened to him. Justin has been an inspiration for him. He's even driving his prize possession again.
Speaker 1: So sweet.
Speaker 2: They arrive at the big race and Akron and it is packed. They spot Bill Gunman, a three time champion coach who has a cool satin team jacket and yes, this is the small part played by Joel McKinnon Miller. Justin's racer is now painted purple with the name Justin Time printed on the side. Sheila also made him a uniform. It's time for practice and he only gets one trial heat, but lucky for him, he has the fastest time of the day. It's only a trial run, but it caught the attention of Gunman and his racer. His daughter, the cute girl from the beginning of the movie that Justin talked to so long ago, about racing. So Gunman does something we know is universally frowned upon in specs Justin's race car. His daughter's definitely not into it, but he says he didn't blow twenty grand to come in second. That night, the Yoda team drops golf balls down the course to see how they move. It helps him realize slopes and witch lanes to focus on.
Speaker 1: Very interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know how because there were like seven thousand golf how could you even like, I couldn't have been concentrated on any sex section.
Speaker 2: No, but the scene they also kept yelling stay in your lane.
Speaker 1: So don't you have to stay in your own lane? You can't go across to the other lanes.
Speaker 3: Hey, why are they bouncing? Why wouldn't they roll them? I don't know. I was so confused.
Speaker 4: I'm like, listen, but again, I'm in this, Like it seems like obviously if they put it in the movie.
Speaker 1: It's gotta mean something little. We just don't know. This is like a thing agreed, you know, it's agreed.
Speaker 2: He equated it to reading a green in golf, which is which is really an interesting way.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in the morning, while the family is getting ready. Bobby Wade appears on the TV. A reporter asks the racing legend for his strategy, and he actually out the bedpen he took from Justin and shouts out Justin. He even wishes him luck at the Natural, even wishes him luck at the National. See he isn't crazy, Mom and Dad. Then there's a knock at the door. It's an official from the race. It's been brought to their attention that Justin's carr has a handbreak, and the rules clearly state that only foot breaks are permitted, even though Justin's paralyzed.
Speaker 1: They have strict rules. They're willing to take his special.
Speaker 2: Circumstances into consideration for a hearing, but they let you know that they're probably not going to root in his favor. The family has devastated and Vic is furious. Seth's stomach is bothering him again, so he decides to stay in the hotel room. Before Justin leaves for the hearing, he asks Seth if he's happy now. Justin just wanted one opportunity to be like him, and now it's not possible. Ugh. At the committee hearing, Vic and his family argue that the handbreak gives no advantage. You don't actually use the breaks until you cross the finish line. But the officials argue that if they let this slide, anything.
Speaker 1: Can be brought into question.
Speaker 2: Sheila argues for inclusivity, but the committee has heard enough. It's time to vote, and just they're about to outlaw the adjustment in walk seth with an objection. For the last two hours, he's called every newspaper, TV show, and news outlet in the area and they all are here for the decision. He opens the door and a ton of very busy cameramen walk in asking inaudible questions, and with that, of course, the committee allows the handbreak. And now it's the day of Justin's first race of the Nationals. On your mark, get set Goo. It's nose to nose until the end when Justin pulls off a win. One race down, twenty three to go, and then we get yeah, another montage my favorite, because there's just not enough time to show twenty three races. Justin continues to win, logging better and better times each race. But Gutman's car is also very impressive, and this is where we see the real life Justin Yoder cheering in the stands that you recognize him.
Speaker 1: I did you have me too? With both cars on winning streaks.
Speaker 2: Justin is now set to face Gutman's daughter in the finals, and he's crushing on her. When he finally approaches her, she remembers him and says he's awesome. He offers her a cookie, which I like to think we're actually poisoned. He was trying to level the field off, but she doesn't need it. Her dad calls her over, making sure she stays away from the enemy, and it's finally here, the last race, a chance for the trophy. Right before it starts, Seth walks over, leans down and lets Justin know in case you flame out and we never talk again. You're the most amazing person I know. You never complain with everything you faced, win or lose your my hero. Weirdly, Gutman's daughter also trash talks him once again, brainwashed by her dad, and I dead inside the robot that I am started to cry ridiculously.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the little brother.
Speaker 2: And you will Not only did I cry here and later in the movie. I cried later explaining to Sue why I was crying.
Speaker 1: I was RelA and we'll get to that.
Speaker 4: I was relaying, Oh my god, anyway, I was, I just on and I honestly, but then I had a good chuckle when she said you're, uh, you're gonna eat my dust or what was her line. I'll find it because I wrote it down because it was like, I'm like, and I'm like, she's such a cute, funny.
Speaker 1: Little she did.
Speaker 2: She's still trash shocking him. Uh, but oh it was so great. So the starting gate is yes, crying like a baby. Yet by this point, the starting gate is finally cleared and the cars are off. Barely an inch separates the two competitors. Justin is focused on what his brother told him. Even if he doesn't win the trophy. After hearing something as heartfelt as that, what does he care? But he does have that empty shelf. He speeds up and beats her in a photo finish. His car is surrounded by fans as the family celebrates and Gutman rubs his flat top in anger. Justin has announced as a new champion and handed his very first trophy. Even Gutman's daughter is clapping, promising she'll be back. Though we're now back at the Oder House, Myron is playing basketball.
Speaker 1: Seth By the way.
Speaker 2: This is another great thing that I thought that they did was very subtle in this.
Speaker 1: The movie opens with.
Speaker 2: Justin narrating about his family and his brother and closes out here with his brother narrating about his little brother in the race. And it was such a wonderful book. Nd it was such a little thing, but.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: So yes, we are back at the Oder House. Myron is playing basketball with Seth, with Justin once again watching from inside, but now he's not sad, He's smiling.
Speaker 1: He wheels over.
Speaker 2: To his shelf, now with a huge regional trophy taking up space, He once again transports himself back to God or Bobby Wade. He thanks his spiritual mentor for a great plan, but he has one more question. When people get to heaven, are they you know?
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 2: That's when God or Bobby Wade asks if he'd like to see then opens a huge silver door exposing tons of flying wheelchairs in heavenly sky.
Speaker 1: The effects aren't aren't great, but I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I was balling by that point, Justin says perfect, and before the credits roll, we see real home video footage of Justin. We learned because of Justin national clubs have pledged to include disabled and economically disadvantaged kids in their competitions, and the break that was allowed is now and forever known as the Justin Break, and that is our movie. Yeah, so that when he opens the I'm trying to explain to Sue like I'm crying, and he opens the opens Heaven to show all these little kids in wheelchairs as angels, and I started crying again, and then Sue started crying as.
Speaker 1: I'm just explaining it to her. I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go watch the football.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, so unbelievable. Let's do some real reviews before I start to cry again. So I have the five star review this week, and it is by well ironically Zaan O five.
Speaker 1: Since it's the five star review.
Speaker 2: Disney Channel has another winner. This was a cute family film. It shows that the underdog can rise to the top and win the prize. Of course, it didn't hurt to have Frankie Munez as a star. He is a likable and talented young actor. I agree with every word of that three word five star.
Speaker 1: Sabrina, you got the one star this week.
Speaker 4: I got the one star from our friend who named unnamed, but this was listed as super reviewer on Rotten Tomatoes. Okay, here we go the inspirational movie. The inspirational movies have a reverse effect on me. They make me lose hope for mankind.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm glad you stay. Do you stay? Do Nomad?
Speaker 2: Because you didn't want to put your name. I'm gonna rename you though, and it's just gonna be Dick. So thanks for the one star review, Dick.
Speaker 1: We are now coming to.
Speaker 2: Sabrina's favorite part of the program, of course, our feature presentation, or what we like to refer to as the Jensen Chronicles. This week we have one that's called Thank You for Our Sponsors. God Or Bobby Wade is depicted in this film as the world's best NASCAR driver. Sport is known for its warm embrace of sponsors, with most of the cars covered in dozens of corporate logos. We will get a company and we have to decide if they've ever been a NASCAR sponsor. It's just a yes or no. If we get three out of five, we win. First one depends undergarments. Yes, I'm gonna say yes too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is totally their demo. Like NASCAR, the answer is yes.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've got producer Kara helping us out this week because producer Jensen knows we're gonna Winensen. Number two Bordeaux butt paste that sounds made up?
Speaker 1: Is that a real thing? That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, if it's the brand, I'm I actually buy it. Sometimes it's a brand that you use, like for diaper it's like a diaper paste.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not for adults, it's not. I'm gonna say no, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: This is like it's hard.
Speaker 4: So these are okay, go with your guts.
Speaker 3: It would it really makes sense. I'm gonna say no to Oh you should have sucks your answer it's yes. No.
Speaker 1: Number three the eighties band Poison.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I hope it's yes.
Speaker 3: I bet you they did.
Speaker 1: I hope it's yes. Yes.
Speaker 3: The answers yes, yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so we're two for three. Number four Redneck Junk dot Com.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, gotta be a yes.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: No, that's like, isn't that like rude?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna go with no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna go with yes, just to do the opposite of Sabrina.
Speaker 3: The answer is yes, because like that's like not nice. Oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: And the last one is federal premium ammunition. By the way, I want to read, yes, you did. This is for you to win, now, Sabrina, I'm going to say, I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like that's that's hidden, that's too much.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, we both won.
Speaker 3: I think Jensen right now, tell him to kick Jensen.
Speaker 1: Before we do. Sabrina sees, we do have a new sponsor. We have to shout out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Sabrina knows about this, but we would like to shout out for magical rewind and wonderful new sponsor Strawberry Lube. Can we do a Sabrina sees, damn it will.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wait, this is how we do sponsors.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Because you know I've got it in like wright bold letters, like hopefully we just had.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Okay.
Speaker 4: One of the first things that happens and hits you in the face, like three minutes into the movie is this passionate because the parents have that set us onto the lube journey that we find ourselves unfortunately in I have X men looking god.
Speaker 1: Oh oh it's so sad of Jordan. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Okay, did you realize did you see? I'm sure you did.
Speaker 4: You're You're so good at picking up on things that when he has to go over to old man Vick's house, it's four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: It was when his alarm clock goes off.
Speaker 1: I saw that it was four thirty am, but it was light out.
Speaker 4: Yes, that number one didn't make sense, but like four thirty that is an awful, awful, awful.
Speaker 1: It was it four thirty or was it five thirty? Was it four thirty?
Speaker 3: I think it was four thirty. I had Jordan.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm like, babe, I'm right, that's a four thirty right, it's early. Poor kid when he is helping Vic in his his shed and he's got at one point he has the hammer. It's right before they have their nice little talk and Vic unfortunately thinks he's trustworthy enough to himself. He's got a hammer, and he's like this, Frankie has never hit a nail with a hammer in his life.
Speaker 3: He's like his like it's just like he's like whacking it.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like not in anywhere at all and then it's like in the mood for strawberries barf, Oh my gosh, I couldn't handle that.
Speaker 3: And then what was it?
Speaker 4: We talked about really all of it because it was all just so good you couldn't. But then as soon as we saw and I know, you kind of prefaced it when we went through the the the the work of the certain actors that we wanted to highlight, but I said, oh, when you see a guy with a flat top buzz cut, you know, troubles on its way, because remember it's that shot of him from the back, and of course I knew exactly who that guy is, and he just he did such a good job of like kind of getting his own character in any movie that he has where he has that buzz cut, you know exactly who that.
Speaker 2: Got that famous. It's like the famous haircut. The second you see it, you know exactly what you're talking about. That's kind of cool, that's.
Speaker 3: Rare, it is. I think it's so cool.
Speaker 4: I really love that because there's only a few actors that really have that. Some people have really cool distinct glasses. That was just like such a great thing. And then the pan, the bedpan, and you didn't even say it when we were first talking about it.
Speaker 3: You brought it back up when he was on the TV. But who picks up someone's bedpan in a hospital?
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. That's actually kind of true.
Speaker 4: That is so gross, that is absolutely yeah, and then take it well, it was a gift so gross.
Speaker 3: I couldn't that was like just nasty to me.
Speaker 4: This is one of the cute things when I'm talking about how adorable Frankie Nunez is. His little eyes, got those gorgeous eyes right when they pop open after she says you're gonna eat dust loser.
Speaker 3: That was her thing, you're eating You're gonna be eating.
Speaker 4: Dust loser, and his little eyes his like those reactions are what make him just he was the best adorable little actor to this world. And then we did say that it was justin the real life, justin that when we when we catch him in that that kind of montage. But I think, and it would be interesting to know if it was his whole family, because there was a woman that looked pretty similar like they look together, and then right behind the actor that's playing the brother was a brother and a dad, and they all it looked like the fan camp it could be like that would have been. I mean, obviously it was amazing to have justin a part of the movie, for the whole family to be represented in that montage.
Speaker 3: I really hope that it is.
Speaker 4: Because we find out I bet you're based on their life and you know, wow, I'm sure they were so excited to have Disney a part of it and for their kids story to be out there. But how epic would it be to actually for them to get to set.
Speaker 3: That would be so cool.
Speaker 1: So that was right, wonderful, Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We are now to the point of our program, of course, where we're going to rate and I always go, oh, what should we do? But this time I want to do one in ten. Okay, we'll do one as the worst and ten is the best. And our options for this week one out of ten air bud cinematic universes, one.
Speaker 1: At a ten, horny parents, one at a.
Speaker 2: Ten one on one on one basketball games, one out of ten blue slurp barfs, one out of ten I'm changing this one up strawberry scented lube, horned up parents.
Speaker 1: We did that all right?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Sorry did horny parents? You can cut that.
Speaker 2: One large leather jackets, one out of ten NASCAR racer hallucinations, or one at a ten photoshop screen savers, I'm going to add one out of ten.
Speaker 1: Why are you touching those bedpans? What would you like.
Speaker 3: To do this time?
Speaker 1: Is it my turn?
Speaker 3: I think I got it last.
Speaker 2: Then, because I just know it makes you uncomfortable to say it, We're going to do one out of ten strawberry scented lubes for this episode. Now, is it my who goes first? I think I went first last time?
Speaker 1: Writer? Or did you remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so your turn should before we should. But it doesn't matter. Figure out who we're only on episode five hundred. You shouldn't be able to remember.
Speaker 1: You should figure out what's going on.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I, like I said from the beginning early thoughts, I loved this movie. This movie, like I mean, it's just repeating everything. The actors, the ensemble there were such great. Everyone brought Everyone brought their a game to this movie, including the writers, the director there. This was not a script that had a bunch of holes in it, that had a bunch of things that needed to be tweaked. Nothing truly. The only thing that was off putting was the strawberry loop Like that was it everything else you could just really like just sit down and watch and know that your kids could be next to you, your grandparents could be.
Speaker 3: Everyone's gonna love this movie.
Speaker 4: It didn't Matt, who was in the room, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You know, it was a knocked it out of the ballpark for me, and I am going right into that ten. I'm going for a ten.
Speaker 3: Strawberry scented loobs. Wow, you took me ten away from me like I had to. But I cried so much, I laughed. I just I was moved.
Speaker 4: It felt like just one of this is what you think about and what you know you're gonna get when you think of Disney, Like this is Disney right here.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree that I said I'd never give a ten, So I can't give it a ten because I said I was never going to.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to break my own rules and give it a nine point nine. It's a ten.
Speaker 2: Is It's just it's it's exactly what you said.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what a Disney movie should be.
Speaker 2: It's parents could watch it, kids could watch it, Adults without kids could watch it. It's just a good movie with great writing, great acting. It's well directed, You're involved in the story. It's got the micro world, it's got real uh situations happening between family members. It's just a good movie. It's not a good dcom. It's just a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that's I you know, it's a nine point nine for me, because I don't ever give it ten. But it's a ten.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's a phenomenal. It is it's it should all be covered in Strawberry move because it is. That is for you, Sabrina, because it is all it really is. It really is an absolutely wonderful movie. So if you haven't seen it, you should watch it.
Speaker 3: Got to You've got to.
Speaker 4: And if you saw it when you were younger, you've got to see it now because I'm telling you it hits different.
Speaker 3: It's like it was a I bet you.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was that as great of a movie as I do now, like because I think messaging as as more of like a mature audience. The messaging is just so much bigger and means so much more to an adult. And I just I mean, you've got to rewatch it. It's it's incredible. And man, Frankie munyiz ps. I went on his Instagram and he just he's got a kid now and his kids in his Instagram and there he's just getting back from a race, like a race that he did, and he's going on set. Well, no, you're just like right in his world, like, oh my gosh, he's going right back to acting.
Speaker 3: And it made me so.
Speaker 4: Excited because he was so amazing and I've missed seen him.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 2: Well, we gotta we gotta hopefully talk to somebody from this movie, because I would love to talk to Rick Rossovich or any anybody because it ends one of them. This was a great one. It really was our next movie. I feel bad. It's like, how are you gonna how you gonna follow?
Speaker 1: This one?
Speaker 2: Will be two thousand fives magician and reality TV show based d com Now you see it quite apparent you can prep by watch the movie. It's on Disney Plus thankfully. And this week over on our magical rewind feed, we are talking with a great one. We're talking to George Newburn, an actor you've seen and heard in so many things over the years, from Father of the Bride to Adventures and babysitting, but that's not where we're talking to him, and we talked to him about it, but we're talking to him about Buffalo Dreams and Dad napped. Let's check out a small snippet of our conversation.
Speaker 5: My kids were not younger at that point. They came out to Utah to watch this film and we played laser Tag one night, and it was they were right at the age of like, they were into all those the Disney Channel stars at the time, and we all got to play laser tag with the cool Disney Channel stars and my kids and they couldn't believe it. They believe they got to It was like me getting to play laser Tag with the Partridge Family.
Speaker 2: So you got great dad cred for that day. Huge, Huge, It was so much fun to talk to him.
Speaker 1: He was a blast.
Speaker 2: And we have interview after interview of some true legends that helped create the decom, both in front and behind the camera. Just search Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and check out everything we've done. In addition to the recaps and for more info, you can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine.
Speaker 1: Now bye, everybody, bye,