Speaker 1: Welcome back to she Pivots. I'm Alana Glazer.
Speaker 2: Welcome to she Pivots, the podcast where we talk with women who dared to pivot out of one career and into something new and explore how their personal lives impacted these decisions. I'm your host, Emily Tish Sussman. Hey, she Pivots listeners Today, I'm absolutely thrilled to have the spectacular and brilliant Alana Glazer on the show. You know her, you love her from Broad City, and you're sure to fall in love with her all over again with the release of her new movie, Babes. Alana is an actress, a writer, a producer, a change maker, and a mom. Today, we're talking about her latest film, Babes, and how her personal experience shapes the creation, as well as her incredible pivot into founding Generator Collective. Alana does what Alana does best in her new movie Babes, where she uses her sharp wit and intellect to explore the multifaceted lives of women and the crazy but beautiful moments of pregnancy and the ups and the downs that come with navigating life.
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 2: It's in theaters right now, so grab your friends and get your tickets today. But of course Alana's many ventures don't stop there. Recognizing the need for real, impactful change, she co founded Generator Collective after the twenty sixteen election, and as someone who's worked in politics and is now working in culture change, I absolutely love what Alana is doing over a Generator. She makes politics accessible, engaging, exactly what we need in this political climate. From her advocacy to comedy to motherhood, Alana has always had the incredible ability to bridge her personal experiences with her professional work. I mean, her character was literally named Alana on Broad City. Excited to share this conversation, let's dive in.
Speaker 1: My name is Alana rose Blazer, and I'm a comedian and an activist.
Speaker 2: Did you always know that you wanted to be a comedian and actually also an activist?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: The activist part now that kind of like unfolded and revealed itself to me. But comedian, yes, in the way that I think people start to understand their gender and sexuality. Around seven and eight. My identity was becoming organized around being a comedian around seven and eight. When when I was a kid, it was like Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopie Goldberg, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal Musty TV Thursdays. It was like that was kind of the vibe those channels were pop in. At the time. There was so much TV to watch. I used to watch hours and hours of TV every day. It was crazy. So my brother also wanted to be a comedian, and my dad was awesome enough to be chill about letting us use the Sony camcorder. So my brother like really put me on when we were kids, and he, you know, we would make sketches from when I was four and he was eight years old. We would make hours and hours and hours of sketch comedy and it was based on SNL. We loved SNL and we loved SNL before we were like old enough to watch and throughout the years and all the generations from like Adam Sandler and Chris Farley and David Spade to like Tim Meadows and Will Ferrell and Cherio Terry and Molly Shannon to Tina and Amy. So we would make these videos in our basement for so many hours. So my grandpa, my mom's dad, Grandpa Dave David Wexler, he would make videos and called it KRIPTV was his like Joke Network, and we inherited it from him and took on that branding and then we had a rebrand GBS Glazer Broadcasting System. Yeah, we were obsessed. We were obsessed. And it's so funny at the time, like Elliott would edit in real time how you one used to do with film cameras where you're like you redo over the tape if you don't like that, take like crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, when you started broad City, it was just a jump ahead a little bit. Here, wasn't that far off, Like you were doing it as a web series exactly, just sort of taking it upon yourself to organize some ideas and have the gumption to film it and like spend resources on it, you know what I mean. Like when Abby Jacobson and I were making Broad City, we were catering and waiters and nanny ing, and she worked at a bakery and then we worked together at a as sales people at a company that later my character's Alana Weser's job deal Steel Steels, was based on. And we were just like spending all our money on this web series and it was like are we crazy?
Speaker 1: You know? But even if like all the actualization that came to be of broad City. Hadn't happened, it would have been worth it to do that because we learned so much about like gathering people to make a project. You know, it's really hard to sort of fight entropy in that way and sort of will something to happen. We did it thirty five times. Actually, we had thirty five short films by the end of the two years that we made broad City the web series, And I think that obsession, that obsessiveness of making thirty five short films in two years was what proved our command over the world, Like you can't recast that shit, you know. And the first webisode we put out it was called making Change.
Speaker 4: Dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't have any cashman side wonderful? Kay I?
Speaker 1: Actually I have a ten if you could give me eight back or we're good. Yeah, that's perfect. Thank you so much. Yes, have a good day. Okay. And this is for the bagel.
Speaker 2: Thank you a lot.
Speaker 5: What the you doing?
Speaker 1: You make casture the holes for I just said thank you for the bagel. And right after that, Paul w Down's and Luccia on Yellow, the two of the three creators of Hacks, the third being Jenstatski wrote us and they were like, this is something, this is good, and they told us. I'm now remembering they told us about Ali Shakat and Elliott Page at the time had this project at HBO, and Luccia was like, you should try to like send this over to that team so they can see and if it goes, you could be writers on it. That was like what we That was what we were hoping for, to get a writing job as a duo, you know, like really couldn't have I don't like maybe maybe yes, could have dreamed. But like it's years later, it's like fifteen years later, and I still kind of am processing that the miracle happened and what we started the web series. I was twenty two. We ended the TV shows thirty two, and that was five years ago, so like fifteen years later, I'm like, damn, damn. You know, it's like it's still kind of shocking. But we learned everything. We learned how to line, produce, show run right, direct, and act. And in that process of finding it, Amy Poehler had found you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, given the fact that you had started imitating these incredible years of SNL right with Amy, I mean could you even believe it? Like, what was the first interaction in did you fall over? Oh my gosh, I have like chills thinking about it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. And she just texted us actually this like oral history of Broad City. It's like such the characters are almost like our little babies, you know, all of us at this point where we're like, oh, you know, like the characters and also young Abby and me not even knowing what was ahead. You know, it's so so wild. Amy was one of four people who started the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. She and the UCB Improve and Sketch Group came from Chicago, planted themselves in New York and built this theater which became This is when like comedy used to be like real binary. You were either like Jim Carrier Robin Williams, or you were a stand up you know in clubs, or you were on SNL. And then like there became this like alt comedy scene and uh kind of kind of intersecting with like mumblecore, where like weirdness was allowed to kind of come up. And that's when like UCB was kind of getting into the planting its seeds in the New York comedy scene and making this like sort of third space, this third weirder space. And my brother was going to NYU and I was still in high school, and he was like telling me about this scene emerging, and we like planned to get into it when I got to the city. So Amy was one of the founders of UCB, and my brother and I and Abby at the same time time had been taking classes there. And I think it was almost like we prepared for the opportunity to meet her because we asked her to be in our thirty fifth webisode, this the finale, and so then we have this like huge portfolio of work that she could look at, and we didn't ask her to be a part of it. We asked her to you know, feature in it. It was a cold ask, and we were like a generation a part where our teachers had been her students. Before she got on SNL, way before Parks, she was teaching improv. This was like funny, like funny enough, I think years ago, like in her I don't know whatever press periods, she was always like I could always fall back on teaching improv again always, you know, can you imagine taking improv from Amy Poehler like that is magic and then also also funny because like, sure, I can idealize her, but she was probably a human being and complex and tired at some points or annoyed at some points, Like that is just so funny to imagine. So our improv teacher, like the head of UC at the time, had been her student, and we were like, would you ever consider forwarding an email to her? You know, like we didn't even like ask very directly, but he was like, yeah, she's gonna love this. And then it turned out she had heard about us already. And then the ass was so I think finite and specific and you could grasp it right. It's a one scene featuring in one scene, and we'll shoot it wherever, wherever the hell you want. So she chose around the corner from her house. She has two boys under four years old. At this point, she and her baby and her youngest her nanny, walked around the corner from her apartment. We were already set up, ready to go, and we got her out in an hour. My parents drove from Long Island and we filmed out the back of their car. The director and DP of that episode shooting a camera out the trunk of the prius and Amy and us were running down Cherry Lane. I mean, just crazy without me, save yourself.
Speaker 3: You just leave her one set in my bag a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm telling you, it's like still, I'm just like, damn, was that a dream? You know, Like I'm so oh my gosh, so grateful for these memories in my mind and body. So we had a good time, Like we had a We got along very well and like lightly touched on expanding and we were like already planning to pitch it and writing a pilot to uh to pitch and go to LA for a couple months and try to sell it. And I feel like Jonah Hill was like also looking at the web series and we were like yeah, Like Jonah Hill is like you know, asked about it, just like yeah, yeah, and she was like okay, all right. But then afterwards we like sent her the episode and we had created these parties around a season one and a season two, so we had this event around the season two and people were like dying that she was on screen when we showed it, and then we formally asked her if she would want to attach as executive producer and she did and we were planning already to go to La and pitch it, but this time we were bringing Amy with us and it was phenomenal. We met her after that, after she agreed to be a part of it, and we had a pitch in a script, but we really needed her scope and her purview. We met up for lunch and she had like a legal pad with notes about what she loved about thirty four of the webisodes and that I was like floating out of my body.
Speaker 3: Before they knew it.
Speaker 2: Broad City was picked up and greenlit by Comedy Central, and it quickly had a cult following.
Speaker 3: Throughout its five season run.
Speaker 2: The show received critical acclaim and has been ranked among the best television shows of the twenty tens. Night They are the creators, writers, and stars of Comedy Central's Great broad City.
Speaker 6: Plea was welcome.
Speaker 3: Ho me tell you're sending a lot of geyser. Come on, I've not seen the show.
Speaker 4: It is very funny.
Speaker 2: I probably it's called broad City.
Speaker 1: You can watch it Wednesday night, ten thirty on Comedy Central.
Speaker 3: That's Abby and Alana everybody.
Speaker 2: But I feel like there's so many pieces in there that are applicable for people in any industry in any phase, Like you know, you guys were scrappy and putting it together and you willed it and you put the work in and you put it together and there's this dream icon Amy Poehler, and you found a way not just to get to her, but also to make it workable for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like there's this like the scrappiness is something that I'm still accepting about myself. And I have to say, like it's kind of entire like a sense of entitlement, Like shouldn't it be more like streamlined or sleek the process? Like even this movie Babes Babes was as scrappy as making broad City, the web series like crazy. And Pamela Adlon is so scrappy too, And Michelle Buto has been doing comedy for twenty three years. I mean we just did Hoda and Jenna the other morning and it was like a trivia question she used to do, like stand up in a strip club and her payment was like hot food, you know, like we have just And Pamela is the scrappiest, Like the texture of her voice is her character, you know what I mean, Like she's down to get down and dirty, and like you know when we were making Babes. I was like, damn, like I wish this was. It was an indie movie, it was a small budget. We made it like hardcore. And Jeff Kimmer cinematographer, an elegant man, a man of beauty, like made this movie look like it cost twenty five million dollars, thirty million dollars. It looks like a nor Efron movie, or a or a Rob Reiner or a jud movie. But like it was so scrappy and it was seven million dollars. It was a scrappy indie movie that especially in New York City. Your dollar doesn't go afoot in New York City. And I don't know talking about this today and like remembering how that was actually the sort of like I'm thinking of guitar string, like the vibration on which we were meeting Amy, It's like that's who I am.
Speaker 2: As I do these interviews, it's always so interesting to live in both the past and the present with each guest, to listen to them as they discover their connections between what they did pre pivot and how it brought them to this moment. After the advertisements, Alana talks about her present, her latest project, Babes, which lives in that same guitar string she spoke about in Doing What She Does Best. Alana and her co writer Joshua Binowitz ridge the complexities of friendship, pregnancy, and parenting, all while being hilarious and deeply honest. It's a movie that showcases the wit and intelligence we all know and love for Milana more after the break. Okay, So I want to hear about Babes as a parent and specifically as a mom of three. I was so excited when I heard about this film.
Speaker 1: Babes is the story of two best friends who are in very different places their lives. Don played by Michelle Buteaux, has two kids and a husband, sort of a standard situation, and my character Eden is a free spirit and spontaneous and naive, completely clueless to the responsibilities that it takes to have a child. And when she gets pregnant by a one night stand, she decides to keep the baby and it tests the friendship of Eden and Down played by me and Michelle Buteau, this movie is I gotta tell you, gotta be honest.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's so funny you're missing jokes in the theater it's worth seeing in the theater to laugh with your damn neighbor, and then the cries sneak up on you. People keep telling me I did not know I was gonna be crying three times, and I'm loving it. I'm starting to get addicted to those tears.
Speaker 4: Crying my eyes out. I just got out of the New Babes movie. It was like a release premiere thing, and they did like a Q and A in the beginning. Anyway, Alana Glazer and Michelle Buteau. I love this movie so much. It really touches on like how friendships change after one or the other have a baby in the most beautiful way possible. Bitch. All I can say is, go watch it now, bitch, go watch it. Really.
Speaker 1: Am I pregnant? Yeah, single mom? She may not keep the.
Speaker 2: Baby in choice right right? Single that's friend gets so screwed over in adulthood.
Speaker 1: You and me, we're family. I'm scared of the decision I made, but it just feels like destiny, and this is Destiny's in file.
Speaker 2: The baby.
Speaker 1: So I am taking more pleasure in this press period for my new movie Babes that I have in press periods prior. I'm taking more genuine pleasure, enjoying it more than I have before.
Speaker 6: West twenty twenty four. I am beyond thrilled to be here with the team behind Babes. Your movie was wonderful. I love so much about it, in particular your chemistry together, your friendship. It just like radiates off the screen and it filled my heart.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, this movie is so good.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: And it's so funny, and you're so good in it, and I'm just I'm thrilled to death for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, it's are you? Are you excited?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: It's coming out? When is it coming out? It's coming out in select cities May seventeenth, and expands and expands the twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: Did you yourself? Personally?
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast club. We got some special guest in the building who keep a job.
Speaker 1: Both from the new film day. Also, press is like such an insane part of the job.
Speaker 3: But to do it with Michelle we have been just left.
Speaker 1: Its sloopy.
Speaker 2: I don't I haven't figured out my dosage yet, but I don't need it.
Speaker 1: Just do press, you know what I mean? So Babes is interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like this through line between Broad City with a number of pieces that you did in between and then coming now to Babes. Like the reason that I do this podcast is to kind of show like the intersection of personal and professional when we have this narrative that everything professional we do is just for professional factors, like that's a good job, it's a good movie, like's I made that decision, And then we also try to cover up things when we make them for personal reasons, so like if you leave the workforce to like have a kid or take care of a sick parent or move or something, we like come up with these ridiculous reasons why we did instead of just saying why we made these choices, Like how have you thought about this intersection of personal and professional?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's this conversation ten years ago of like women compartmentalizing, and it like feels so like harsh and untrue and binary to me of kind of what you're saying of like separating these pieces and keeping them distant. It has been hard to sift through and organize and understand and hold all of it because Abby's name is Abby and my name is Alana and that was our character's names. And I chose Wexler and that's my mom's maiden name. And Abbie chose Abrams for her character's last name, and that's her grandma's made a name. I think a big something that's been that feels very different for me in a personal sense is that broad City was like this character that I wished I could be. She was so free and she was so wild, you know. And I think, especially once Broad City became a thing, even a web series that people knew, but especially on TV, like a sort of painful self awareness kicked in where I was not as free as the character was. And with Babes it's been it's been so you know, broad City. I learned absolutely everything I've learned. I learned everything I know about this business from Broad City. We made fifty episodes, and ending broad City choicefully was like also kind of a miracle, you know, creatively, I think as artists it's a rare opportunity to be able to choose an ending. And with Babes, I mean, just the pleasure I took in the process, having gone through all the training in the boot camp of broad City, it was like it was so fun I felt like I was returning to camp actually, and it was really fun. And I think my character of Eden and Babes like I'm pushing less and more just like being being her more rather than like conjuring and adding and jumping and leaping. You know, it was I think I had a sense of being enough much more during Babes than in Broad City. And now my daughter's three, having a real kiddo, not just like a new born baby, I feel so rooted, and I feel like in the same way that I continue to discover things about my kN and she keeps unfolding and uncovering herself to me.
Speaker 2: I find the same thing with the movie.
Speaker 1: It's meaning. You know, we made the movie, we fucking did it, But then it's layers of meaning keep uncovering themselves to me, and it's magical.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a really interesting point about like the personal and professional that you did get to end it on your own terms. Was it because there were personal factors at play like that you were just done? I mean, as you're talking about them, thinking, oh my god, I cannot. I mean, I was not as funny or talented as you, But like if I had put something out that was a version of my twenty two year old self. I would have been cringe mortified by it immediately.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and like I'm you know, it's like I actually like haven't watched it since it aired, because it is like the most intense, nuanced specific photo albums or home videos. You know, it's like personal to me, and it's like I'm laugh and I'm crying. It's like so so emotional, but like it cracks me up. I love it. I am so proud of the series and of this as art and as a record of a time. But then there's also this cringe factor just that time has passed and that we're human and that I'm like X number of years further along my personal timeline. You know. We also felt like we had so thoroughly covered our twenties and wanted to push these characters into their new chapters, but not cover those chapters. You know. Creatively, we really were like this has been so funny and good and we are so proud of this, and it really felt naturally like it between us came to an end. You know, our contract was for seven seasons, and it was a really uncomfortable and painful conversation A series of conversations that we had to have to end it, but it felt like we really again. I was thirty two by the time the TV show ended twenty two when the web series started, so a third of my life I had been in this broad city vortex, which I loved and I still love, but had had to pull my head out of the sand to see who else I am and how we started this conversation, you know, where I'm like, these patterns they're not me, you know, they're not me. And my husband and I talk about it with just each of us, both of us all the time, where it's like these anxieties, these stories, even these desires and hopes and dreams. Like I also had tricked myself into thinking that productivity was an identity, you know, or a personality trait or something about me. And I've always been ambitious and generative, but there's such external factors and such like capitalism embedded in encouraging productivity, you know what I mean, Like I don't want to be a worker twenty four to seven. I also just want to be like a mushy pile that my kid can jump on, you know, Like it's I'm so I feel so grateful for having the opportunity to have a healthy kid, because it's just like those moments where the way that you think life is organized just isn't.
Speaker 3: Life always has a way of surprising us.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd leave politics, but then I had my three kids and everything changed. As for a lot of the opposite happened to her after the twenty sixteen election, and she made another of her pivots into political organizing. When we come back, a lot of talks about founding Generator Collective and what's ahead with this year's election looming. Okay, I want to make sure that we're also cover your pivot into starting Generator.
Speaker 5: So twenty sixteen hit and Donald Duck as I like to call him, was elected president, and I found myself questioning things the way what this country is, who.
Speaker 1: I am in it? And I think also as a white person, I like really had to look at the system operating as intended and you know, you know, rather than being like, but this is awful, and it's like it actually was truly built this way or organized around this principle. And so I think, like my values that I I grew up with and also you know, expressed on broad city started, I started seeing them more clearly and being able to claim them and claim my role in advocacy and activism. And you know, we did a lot of different things. Generator as a collective had conversation like I, I'll host conversations with you know, I was lucky to talk to Gloria Steinem and Amanda Winn and Eric Holder and Jumanni Williams, the public Advocate for New York and Cynthia Nixon when she was running against Cuomo, which was an unbelievable Mitzvah dance party is called Jenny Socials, where we dance for twenty or thirty minutes at a time. Then we take the little breaks to get cheat sheets for the voting booth for whatever upcoming election is next. And then when COVID hit, we actually were on tour. I was doing a stand up tour in every city I was going to adding a Jenny Social onto that city. Because of lockdown, we couldn't do these Generator conversations. We couldn't do Jenny Socials, So we pivoted to digital messaging and owned our sweet spot there. We found that we can actually reach more people with cheat sheet for the voting booth as digital graphics and cover more ground. You can actually take this cheat sheet into the voting booth in Key States. Welcome to microdos democracy parrot by Generator. Okay, we are exhausted. Every four years we get screamed at for months about the upcoming presidential election and it's just it's just gross and a blows. So we're here because we don't want to trip balls on democracy next year. We want a microdose, take a little bit consistently over time to create foundational change. As a white led organization, we hear a generator collective are in a safer position to call out white people.
Speaker 4: So here goes.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty, forty one percent of white millennials voted for Trump. What have you read a voting plan yet?
Speaker 3: Because it's not nothing. It's like who are you voting for?
Speaker 4: Work? Are you witting early?
Speaker 1: Are you voting asentee? Are you voting in person?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Make about a plan today? So you heard it here first, going to keep the House and keep the Senate. And this is the year that the most Gen Z and millennials are going to turn out for the mentrumps.
Speaker 2: You know what? So I'm asking people like, what is like the big thing that was so big that it cataclysmically changed your perspective and then you change your career. And I anticipated COVID coming up a lot, and it does. But something that came up that comes up more than I anticipated was twenty sixteen and the election of Donald Trump. It actually comes up a lot. And like in in stories, I didn't think I would hear. I mean, yours is about founding a political organization, so I thought I might hear it. I don't know, but you know, you know, it really does come up a lot, which indicates to me when I think about when I kind of put my political strategists hat back on that there's something very visceral for women about that moment. It's not intellectual, but it's actually visceral and emotional. And although we get into like you know, this polling and this horse racing and the strategy right now talking about the presidential that thing will take over when we get into the fall. I'm hoping and that it's not going to be an intellectual moment, but it's going to be a visceral moment.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right, because I don't want him in office again. But you know, it's just I think, like the to once again see in the past seven months, the system operating is intended, this harsh way in which the world works, and we've accepted for so long, and it's just it's tough. And like what you say about the youth and this headline being a theme, a recurring themes, it's just the one thing that's different is that we're communicating at a higher speed and higher volume than we ever have before in human history. But I'm definitely just like in comedy, I'm trying to grow with my generation and keep you know, entertaining them and making them laugh, but also making a space in comedy, making a space for them to reflect and feel, and in politics, make a space for people to have the minimum civic engagement they need to change the system at a foundational level.
Speaker 2: So what is that going to look like for you over the next couple of months. You think you're going to stick with the online content, you know, I don't really know, Like I know we're sticking with the online content. I know we're going to be doing.
Speaker 1: Some We did also like a microdos democracy series where you know, people don't want to be like tripping balls on democracy and it's like vote vote and forced into a corner. So I believe we will be doing a cheat sheet for the voting booth and or a microdos democracy. But damn, this year, like things have really changed. You know, things were I think clear until I don't even know how to say this, but things have changed. I mean things have changed in the past seven months that have made I think the task at hand even more nuanced than before. People were like struggling to get it up for Biden in twenty twenty even and it's different. The landscape has changed. And something you know, so funny to hear, like, well, the youth even engage in politics. Oh my god, now we've seen eight years later, they're running politics and they're resisting the two party system within from within from the White House, like these young people who are working in government. I think those young people know more than I do. And the thing that I know that I know is how to say something funny and quickly. But it's like the ingredients for the stew are all there, but like the proportions are changing.
Speaker 2: So what is one thing that at the time you thought was like a total negative, Like I'm never going to get myself out of this I'm done, and now you see it in retrospect. It really launched you to where you are now.
Speaker 1: I got into NYU kind of by the skin of my teeth. I got into like, you know, I applied early decision to try to ensure a spot, and I got into this, like I didn't get into the normal college I was applying to. I got into this like general studies program more for like I think kids who like went to public school and needed to catch up on the basics before going to like the aftroviologe and I, you know, I had all this financial aid and like had all this like debt for you know, student debt, and all of those things were part of what motivated me to get into comedy. I wasn't in like, you know, a normal program there, and everybody in that school was working really hard to get to the college they had originally applied to, and the financial aid. I was like just obsessed with like working and saving money and being able to do, you know, to live and you know, then I learned how to make that money for broad City and spend it on the web series, and you know, it was really freed me up to be in the comedy scene night, every night, doing sketch, stand up and improv in those early days, starting at nineteen. So you know, while I felt like felt like I had been like Jack in a way and sort of like renting a seat, it was the motivation that really actually catapulted me straight into the comedy scene, where I staked out a permanent claim.
Speaker 2: You hit the perfect note, you got it all, you nailed it. Thank you so much, Alana, Thank you so much for having me. You're just so great to have a conversation with.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You're the best.
Speaker 2: Alana still lives in New York with her adorable daughter and husband. I truly don't know how she does it, because not only is Babes the hit comedy of the year, but she's still running Generator Collective as a way to get us politically active and motivated.
Speaker 3: Be sure to go see Babes in theaters. It is a must see, so make a whole light of it.
Speaker 2: Get your friends, maybe even sneak in some of your snacks but you didn't hear that here, Get some popcorn.
Speaker 3: And tissues and enjoy tag us.
Speaker 2: If you go see Babes, and make sure to follow Alana on Instagram at Alana by the way, are you as impressed as me that she snagged that Instagram handle and her political org At Generator Collective for all the latest happenings talk.
Speaker 3: To you next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this episode of she Pivots. If you made it this far, you're a true pivot So thanks for being part of this community. I hope you enjoyed this episode, and if you did leave us a rating, please be nice. Tell your friends about us. To learn more about our guests, follow us on Instagram at she Pivots the Podcast, or sign up for our newsletter where you can get exclusive behind the scenes content, or on our website she Pivots the Podcast Talk to You next Week special thanks to the she Pivots team, Executive producer Emily eda Velosik, Associate producer and social media connoisseur Hannah Cousins, Research director Christine Dickinson, Events and logistics coordinator Madeline Sonovak, and audio editor and mixer Nina Pollock I endorse she Pivots