Speaker 1: The forty nine ers got a lot of the band back together, especially on defense.
Speaker 2: But what do those reunions mean for the team's hopes.
Speaker 1: We discuss on this episode of The Insiders. The Jags counting down the day so they get Travis Hunter all the way back, but will he only be back on one side of the ball. We'll tell you what the Jags have to say coming up on the show, and your fantasy draft could be a few days, hours, or.
Speaker 2: Even minutes away.
Speaker 1: We get you set for the twenty twenty sixth season on The Insiders, which starts now.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Welcome to The Insiders, the return of the Insiders after a little break. Patrick clayb I'm here in the nfl LA newsroom. Mike Garrifolo our insider of the day. Mike, I have missed you. The people need some contract updates, So let's start right there at the top of this show with a quarterback, because that's what we enjoy doing on television, especially Sports TV. Two years remaining on the contract for Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. He has a no trade calls, no tag calls. Mike was a big part of the process last time. Where are the team and Lamar.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'll be honest Patrick, this is gonna be the one that I'll feel the least confident in. And the reason for that is it's a tight circle of people. It's a very small circle of people. In fact, I don't even know if you can make it a circle when there's only two people involved, and that's Lamar Jackson as well as Eric DeCosta, the general manager of the Ravens, and Nick Mattio, their contract negotiators. I guess that's three people. We can make a triangle, I suppose. But Lamar Jackson kept it really tight last time and really surprised the Ravens when the deal was all said and done. They thought that there was going to be still more work to be done, and then Eric de Costa got a text said, hey, I guess we're done here, so this I do think that there is work that still needs to be done, and if it's not done before the training started training camp, excuse me.
Speaker 4: I will not be surprised.
Speaker 3: I know this. Sides were hopeful, at least the Ravens were hopeful this would get done in the spring. It did not, so they kicked the can down the road with a simple restructure there to give themselves some capt flexibility in the time. So the size is going to continue to work on this one. If it carries in the training camp, Patrick not going to be surprised at that at all.
Speaker 1: I guess the shape down in Tampa Bay, where Baker Mayfield is hoping to have a date of training camp is more of a quadrilateral.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Would like to have that done before entering the season, which will be the final year of the deal he's currently on. He said, it's about finding the middle ground. How close are they mark to that middle ground?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it works, Baker when it comes to negotiated negotiations. Look, I know what Baker's doing. I mean, and sometimes you got to put a little bit of pressure on the team, even if it is a situation where you know he is going to be the guy, and they know he's going to be the guy, at least for the short term. They are not close yet. I know that now. I'm confident in that one. I can tell you that. And there's a lot of work that needs to be done on this one. And we're sort of in a period where when it comes to Baker Mayfield or even Vinevea on the other side of the ball that we've talked about, and since then, Jeffrey Simmons with the Titans has got an extension. The Bucks are in no ruck on either one of these. Now around the start of training camp, that's where some pressure could be applied and say, hey, maybe we want to get this done and not have this be a storyline as we get ourselves into camp.
Speaker 4: And I can tell you right now.
Speaker 3: Where Baker and his camp where they have in their mind where the numbers should be and where the Bucks have offered to this point. Yeah, they're not close, and it's about finding that middle ground. They're not close to that just yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, elsewhere in the division, mark the number is forty percent. Over forty percent of Falcons offensive touches go Tubson Robinson, the team picked up his fifth year option, would seem to behoove the Mark to act sooner rather than later.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a few contract extensions that they needed to get done this offseason, and b John Robinson was a big.
Speaker 4: One for them.
Speaker 3: But this one's a little bit more complicated because when you get into running back deals, there are the halves and the have nuts and the haves and the top of that market with Saquon Barkley up there. But John Robinson and Jamier Gidz, a guy we're gonna talk about in just the second here, are gonna.
Speaker 2: Want to be there, are going to want to be over that. I don't want to launch.
Speaker 3: To the top of the running back market. The question is which one of them winds up going first, because you'd like to have the one guy I knew is say, all right, now, I know exactly where the bar is. Now I try to clear that. So sometimes it's a standoff between the player and the team. In this case, it might be a standoff between the player and the player. Someone's got to go first. And I would expect both of these to be done before the start of the season, but this could take some time into training camp. Then the question is what do you want to do if you're the players, do you want to participate? Is it want to be a hold in or whatnot. We'll see how they approach that one. But b Jhon Robinson and Jamior Gibs worthy of being the highest paid running backs, and I think one, if not both, going to wind up doing that.
Speaker 1: Because these two are an exorbally linked, just a couple of picks separating them in that twenty twenty three draft. How do we handicap it, Mike, Because as you said, they're both kind of in a similar circumstances the teams, which team I guess is in position to act first?
Speaker 3: Here, I would say, if I'm Jamior Gibbs, at least I have something from the team on record, and it is Dan Campbell saying that we got to do a lot more with Jamir Gibbs. So you go, well, that's great, right, because now it was a two headed monster. Now it's really a one and a one B if you want to call it. But Jamiir Gibbs is going to be the guy in Detroit, and you're saying, oh, that's great, You're going to use me even more going forward. Here's where we're going to present that in the contract negotiations. His agent, Todd Frantz, has done plenty of deals, plenty of lucrative deals over the course of his career, so you know he's bringing that comment back to the table and telling them, Okay, then we deserve to be the highest paid guy, and we know.
Speaker 4: What he's capable of doing.
Speaker 3: Both as a runner and a receiver, which you're seeing on display right here. I mean, that's why when it comes to Robinson and comes to Gibbs, that's why they feel like they deserve to be at the top of the market because they provide both and their ability to be dynamic in both roles, Jamiir Gibbs and having that, it's my teams sometimes are just so reluctant to praise their own guys because they know it comes right back.
Speaker 4: To them at the negotiating table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's probably at the negotiating table the best place to praise your particular guys, Mike Garrifolo. There are all some contract situations. We've got a lot more of might coming up. The NFL Players Choice begins next Monday on NFL Network. Tune in to see the players rank the best in the game, all available for you right here on NFL Network. The forty nine Ers rookies report to training Campbell July eighteenth. Veterans like Mike Evans who will probably see on that ranking on the twenty fifth. Mike Evans one of those additions on the team this offseason. As we get a look at the arrivals as well, as the departres he and Christian Kirk coming into that wide receiver room.
Speaker 2: They get Drake Greenlaw back on defense.
Speaker 1: They add Nate Hobbs to see those losses, Jwan Jennings, Kendrick Bourne, among others. As we welcome in our friend Steve Wiss to this edition of The Insiders, Mike Garrifolow back with us as well as we discuss some training camp storylines. How can get in some of those familiar faces back on defense change things.
Speaker 2: For the better for San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, look, last year, Nick Boster goes down by the third game with the knee injury. Fred Warner, the intire linebacker, only plays in six games with an ankle injury, and Drake Greenlaw was in Denver. We only played half a season because of injuries. Now they're all going to be back. Green Law is back with the forty nine ers after this one year in Denver, and now Bosa comes back to join Fred Warner coming back. Now Greenlaw and green Law and Fred Warner two years ago were the best linebacker tandem in the NFL. So getting green Law back with warnerback, They've got speed, they've got attacking people.
Speaker 2: Then adding Nick Bosa back. This is a team that only had twenty sacks last year.
Speaker 5: Getting Nick Bosa back, he's good for nine the season when he's healthy.
Speaker 2: That's going to turn everything up.
Speaker 5: But let's not forget the fact that they also added Raheem Morris, the former head coach the Atlanta Falcaus, as their defensive coordinator. One thing we know about Morris's defense is they generate sacks last year in Atlanta, a team that had problems to get to the quarterback for years fifty seven sacks and Mike when he was a DC with the Rams, we know what he did with guys like Kobe Turner, Aaron Donald, and Byron Young at getting to the quarterback. So adding these pieces back for San Francisco and Raheem Morris, this defense should once again emerge as one of the best.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: You remember last year how many rookies they had on the defensive side of the ball, and they said, we're going to have to rely upon these guys, and all of a sudden it was, hey, what's up, cam Wolf thanks hevery injury injury, and they needed to use those guys early on in the season. So all that experience that those guys got now they carry forward with them, So I know that they're feeling good about the depth on that side of the ball and some of those guys that were thrust into those positions up to Stout the young cornerback, he did a really good job.
Speaker 4: You see him right there.
Speaker 3: I also go back to Kyle Hustcheko was with us on the Insiders. They canceled mini camp, and we asked him about it. He said, I agree with it, He goes, I just feel like we're in a really good spot right now. We've talked so much about the Seattle Seahawks, who are the defending champions, and the Rams who are the offseason champions, that maybe we're forgetting how much talent there is and how much pride there is and how well coached this forty nine ers team. Is this just division is going to be just fascinating to watch player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they have that familiarity with each other.
Speaker 1: In contrast, we go over to a place in our nation's capital where Dan Quincy's like he's doing a full teardown in the hopes of restoring that defense. So got of some defenses that he's had in the past, just not in DC.
Speaker 5: Look at other linebackers, including the outside linebackers. They've got four new linebackers who could end up starting in Washington.
Speaker 2: Bobby Wagner looks like he's out.
Speaker 5: They drafted Sunny styles of the multi positional linebacker out of Ohio State University.
Speaker 2: But Mike the interesting going into training camp.
Speaker 5: The battle could be between Leo Chanal, the rotational inside outside linebacker coming over from Kansas City, and Frankie Louvu, the inside linebacker who just two years was a second team All Pro styles.
Speaker 2: You're seeing him right here. He seems like a three down linebacker.
Speaker 5: Schanal and Louvu are very similar downhill, very speedy, physical linebackers.
Speaker 2: How is that going to work out?
Speaker 5: Because the training, the mini camp reports you're hearing about, Louvu could end up being the play caller.
Speaker 2: So are they going to go with three linebackers.
Speaker 5: And Deronte Jones a new defensive quarters, new system or is there going to be some type of competition with Shanal and Louvu. That's going to be something again going in the training camp. I think all eyes need to watch that linebacker battle as Dan Quinn and the Commander's wetool at defense talked about the forty.
Speaker 3: Nine ers depth and what they needed when guys went down last year. That's what dan Quinn has been asking about from his coaches, and that's why this mini camp he had the starters just go through a walk through pace and had more live reps for some of these other guys, because last year they had all those injuries and the guys that stepped up did not play well. And that's a big reason why they attacked this offseason the way that they did. Steve and they added so many of those guys on defense. They wanted to get younger, they wanted to get faster, they wanted to get more dynamic on defense, and they feel like they did that be a free agency.
Speaker 4: Well, now all those.
Speaker 3: Guys and these other guys, you know, can you rely upon some of these reserves and maybe we got to coach him up a little bit more in training camp and maybe we feel like, oh, that guy's ready to go. That's a guy that can be an integral part of our defense moving forward. So it was a transformative spring in a lot of ways for Washington and that's going to continue into training camp. One of the teams that when I do make that stop down, they are going to be fascinated to see how it looks once these guys throw the pads on and.
Speaker 2: Mike one thing you said that's very important.
Speaker 5: You talk about Washington defense, it should be much faster the speed they added. Remember, Dearante Jones is a Brian Flores disciple. The key to Flores the defense is speed and also intellect. Those are the types of players that they added to really get things corrected on that side of the ball.
Speaker 1: A team that was bottom ten and mistackle rate, the worst tackling defense that Dan Quinn has had since twenty eighteen in Atlanta. We will take a break here on the Insiders when we come back, an opportunity to look ahead. Yes, I much discuss all season trade, but what does it actually mean.
Speaker 2: We got a sneak peek at cam Wolf.
Speaker 1: We'll actually hear from cam Wolf when we come back on the NFL Network.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Insiders.
Speaker 1: This was today coming into the NFLLA Newsroomformer Lions cornerback terry On Arnold has cleared waiver now a fridge.
Speaker 2: According to the NFL Network and Cider Mariguerro.
Speaker 1: Follo, Arnold is currently out on bond as he faces multiple felony charges in Florida, and what an opportunity to have access NFL networks ader MII Guerro follow Where do we go from here? As this process continues to play itself out legally?
Speaker 3: Marke, Well, you've probably seen the teams are interested in Terry On Arnold Patrick and you say, well, why wouldn't they just claim him? Well, if you claim him, you're taking on the whole roster or the whole contract, excuse me, and putting all the guaranteed money as well. There are teams that would be interested in, let's say, for the minimum deal and taking on very little risk with Terry On Arnold potentially moving forward. In addition to a lot of questions that are unanswered right now when it comes to the legal process, there was a hearing that was supposed to be today, they got pushed back to Friday. As far as whether he'll have to wear an ankle monitor throughout the process.
Speaker 4: So some of these teams, yes.
Speaker 3: Will be interested, but not at the rate that they would have had him at if they had claimed him on waivers. So I think this will be a relatively slow process. Arnold as teams go to compile information and wait for the legal process to play out a little bit, because remember, the NFL in a lot of cases will wait until the legal process plays out before levying a suspension. But sometimes in the meantime can say no, the commissioner is exemplest because there's just too much evidence right now that just doesn't look really good in our opinion or whatnot.
Speaker 4: So teams waiting to get a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more answers before we get a resolution on his future in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Patrick, Yeah, And while.
Speaker 1: That process continues to play out, to the NFL and cornerback world keep spinning as we go to veteran quarterback with Stuell Douglas coming back to the NFC East to play for the Washington Commanders. ESPN's Adam Cheffer reporting it's a one year deal worth up to three point eight million dollars the thirty one year old once drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in twenty seventeen. Elsewhere, former NFL safety and pediatric neurosurgeon doctor Meymn Roll coming aboard the NFLPA as a strategic advisor focusing on player health and preventative care for active players and a statement he said he is on to advance the future where every player's health is protected with the highest standard of care.
Speaker 2: Back Now with Mike Darryl Fold, cam Wolf.
Speaker 1: Joining, let's get edingto you, Cam, Let's get to the AFC East. Because there were some big moves. What is the impact of all of these wide receiver trades going to be?
Speaker 2: Camp Patrick?
Speaker 6: First, Let's keep it out on the Patriots and AJ Brown, the one that we talked about all offseason. I talked to a Patriots staffer who said they watched AJ Brown a couple of weeks in practice and he looked different. They said he looked explosive and athletic. He said they looked at him in practice compared to that Eagles tape last year, and he wondered maybe he was.
Speaker 2: Going through the motions in Philly.
Speaker 6: They think they are going to unlock the twenty three to twenty version, twenty four version of AJ Brown, who could be that elite number one receiver, and he certainly has something to prove. He's in a place he wants to play with, the quarterback he wants to play with, and a guy they feel like can help. Drake may not only be a contender for MVP, but be the best quarterback in football, a guy who can flowed across the middle of the feat, playmaking, big ball grabbing.
Speaker 4: Over the middle of the field.
Speaker 6: So can he be that guy that helps the Patriots who are now playing a first play schedule this year? Remember schedule was a big talking point for them last year. Can they repeat in the AFC East against tougher opponents? They think aj Brown is going to be that call to help them over the top. How quickly does he and Drake May? How quickly is he and Josh McDaniel jeel is something that I can't wait to see in training camp.
Speaker 2: And then the other team.
Speaker 6: That's probably going to be their top competition. The Buffalo Bills made the big trade for DJ Moore. He's back with the familiar face and Joe Brady offensive coordinator that he had a lot of success with when he was in Carolina now is his head coach. From what I've heard, it's been a work in progress from their chemistry so far, but they love what Dj Moore can.
Speaker 2: Do as a man beater.
Speaker 6: They haven't had a true man beater who can separate since Stefan Diggs is there Josh Allen maybe the best quarterback in football right now, and he's had to do it with the collection of receivers who haven't really excelled.
Speaker 2: For him at the right time. Is DJ Moore enough to help.
Speaker 6: The Buffalo bill get back over the top of the AFC East.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get down there.
Speaker 6: And Buffalo Area and see that battle and see that development between those receiver and that quarterback, and that those two moves may decide who wins the AFS as.
Speaker 3: Much as they throw the ball right. They need a high volume guy, and I know that they feel good about DJ Moore being that high volume guy for them, that production type guy. He's been that guy throughout his career. He's incredibly reliable. He can make plays for you down the field. So that is going to be a big part of what they're expecting from DJ Moore, and that's a big reason why they made that trade for him. With regard to AJ Brown, that also is a guy like both of these are really good fits for the offense and for what they bring and for what the offense is needed. When it comes to Brown, it's the catch or the run after the catch. Excuse me, He's been a big part of what he is. He's a physical, bawling ball sometimes when he gets that ball in his hands and he's moving down the field.
Speaker 4: So I'd expect that to.
Speaker 3: Be a big element of what he does and what Drake may is going to rely on upon him to do to add a physical element to their receiving corp.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the defensive side of the ball, specifically that defense. Just to mention the Houston Texans defense camp, they need everything that they needed to be in order to win. Can the offense be consistent enough and maybe physical enough for them to be contenders this year?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Patrick, don't be surprised if the Houston Texans are in the Super Bowl next year.
Speaker 2: That's really the buzz that I've been hearing around the league.
Speaker 6: They've already got a defense that is elite, top three, maybe best in football. Last year, why were they not like Seattle? Why were they not like New England? The offense wasn't physical enough, the quarterback didn't play well enough in the playoffs. And so this is a proven year for CJ. Shroud, who is awaiting a new contract. This is a proven year for that offense. Can they get better a year or two under Nick Kyley, the offensive coordinator. They made a lot of moves this offseason to get physical like their defenses, and the two that I'm eyeing is an offensive line improvement, two or three new pieces, including their first round pick Keelan Rutledge and Montgomery.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything but good praise.
Speaker 6: About David Montgomery, who should set up as their feature back. They believe that getting him going and getting that run game going will make things a lot easier.
Speaker 3: For c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud. Talking to a defensive coordinator, he said that it looked like c J.
Speaker 6: Stroud had too much on his plate last year, from protections to trying to throw everything in difficult routes. Easier plays happen when your run game has a good success and your offensive line has good protection. They should be much better in both areas, and hopefully that allows CJ. Stroud to be a lot more effective over the middle of the field. Intermediate routes something that he was really good at at his rookie year, and if he is, then maybe he can be back at the table next offseason for a contract conversation and say yesterday's price is not today's price and rack.
Speaker 4: Up Yeah, it's exactly where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Because we started this show talking about a couple of potential contract extensions in Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield, which I think will happen at least before the start of the season. We didn't mention CJ. Stroud because I don't think it's going to have before the start of the season because it doesn't really make sense for either side right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I talk to people in Houston, they say there was absolutely no wavering during that playoff game that maybe we would bench him because I thought maybe they'd bention you for Davis Mills there. But you do that, then you'll lose them for good, right, Like you don't want that to have to make that decision.
Speaker 4: Now, you come into the offseason and if.
Speaker 3: You're strouded, you take a deal, it's not going to be tomorrow's price like Cam's talking about. If you come out and you play well this year. So this is a lot on the line for CJ. Stroud and for the Texans. They're going to say, that's a good problem. Make us pay you top of the market quarterback money next offseason, because that means that you came out and played a lot better than you did this past offseason. I expect that to be where this one head CJ. Stroud, I mean boom or bus when it comes to the earnings, and even bus is not bad, right because you're still making a ton of money as a quarterback who's competing for a starting job somewhere. So that's a good safety net.
Speaker 1: To have one thing that would help in that process. Woody marks at a loss or no gain in eight of his fourteen carries against New Wing, when perhaps some success on the ground will go a long way towards success for the financial prospects of one CJ.
Speaker 2: Strout thanks to Campbell. We'll be back here on the Insiders with Morning.
Speaker 1: In fact, when we come back, you're unprepared for the test that is your fantasy draft, nor worries.
Speaker 2: We got a cheat sheet.
Speaker 1: Of draft prep coming up with Adam Rank and Michael f Florio next on the Insiders. Back on the Insiders. Flag football is the fastest growing sport in the world. A third annual NFL Flag Football Championships will be on ABC, ESPN, NFL Network and ESPN two July twenty fourth through the twenty six ESPN The Bortthdays and the Disney Networks. We'll have additional coverage each day with all games on the ESPN app. For more information, go to NFL flag dot com. We have three in studio for the A twenty twenty six fantasy football promer, myself, Michael f Floro and Adam Rank.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we and even.
Speaker 1: Get three folks together on fantasy them on this show. I have already been asked rect for response from one of your tweets. What that you shared it with the people saying the SFB sixteen has started.
Speaker 2: I already hate my team. What do you mean by very true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: For anybody who has spent time on social media today. In between the World Cup takes the Scott Fish Bowl kicked off today, the sixteenth year of one of the largest organized fantasy FOOTBA league.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's many different leagues that are a part of this.
Speaker 7: It all is to benefit Fantasy Cares, an organization that Scott Fish has.
Speaker 2: Started or is a big part of.
Speaker 7: And it's just a bunch of people coming together drafting fantasy football leagues, raising money for charity, having a good time. I have my own league and I'm the pick twelve, and I already I just.
Speaker 2: Don't like the way that i'd started. Yeah, already already reeling one day into it, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I traditionally hate my SFB teams as well. So let's get people going so they don't hate their draft. We'll get started with an idea three rounds start for a draft R.
Speaker 2: How would you set that up?
Speaker 7: Well, one of the first things I will tell anybody is that you have to realize what your scoring setting is. Whether you're playing in a super flex league, which means that you could start two quarterbacks as a tight end premium, or are you starting three.
Speaker 2: Receivers two receivers.
Speaker 7: But based on let's say a league where you're going with two wide receiver a couple of flex spots, I like going wide receiver, wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I think that's the best way.
Speaker 7: As I've done multitudes of mock drafts this year, I've decided that the running backs that I get in the second round, I could easily replicate there in the third and fourth round. So I love going wide receiver, wide receiver. And based on what I'm seeing today in the scott Fish Bowl, everybody is going wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I actually went.
Speaker 4: Tight end quarterback in Scott Fishing. I got weird.
Speaker 2: It's a super flex.
Speaker 3: It's very weird.
Speaker 4: Don't count that for your regular dress.
Speaker 8: I kind of agree, but a little different. I like getting two water receivers in the first three rounds, but I like a running back in round two because in the first round that I could get one of the top six water receivers.
Speaker 4: I think those are the elite guys at the position.
Speaker 8: But then in round two there's running backs like Hampton, Chase, Brown, Saquon h and the list goes on.
Speaker 3: That I would argue a lot of those guys.
Speaker 8: Could you can make a case our first round talents that are falling, And then in round three, like I love chrysal Lave, but there's a lot of good wide receivers you could get in that range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of good wide receivers, which is why I had George Pickens as the third option in my three round ideal. Where you start with Jamar Chase at the top, it's like, oh, they have the three pick you don't get Bijan or Jamir Well, you have to settle for the overall wide receiper point boohoo. Considering that, and then in the middle of that getting Kenneth Walker, where there's a lot of people are paying up for opportunity. Well, here's a guy we've wanted this position. We wanted the running back of the Kansas City Chiefs. This one we think can actually be productive. So that's where I go. But speaking of RB one, let's go overall rbs an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Who are the new RB ones that you need to have on your team.
Speaker 8: A lot of the similar names from last year in my top twelve, which is what an RB one is for fantasy purposes, but you hit them.
Speaker 2: Kenneth Walker is now in there for me.
Speaker 8: Jeremiah Love is in my He just barely makes it, but he's in my top twelve. And then O'marion Hampton is someone that I'm really pushing up. I am very bullish on o'mari and Hampton this year because, look, he was a first round pick of the NFL draft. We know he could play, and he was performing like an RB one until he got hurt. But the reason I'm so excited is because of Mike McDaniel, who is there and who features running backs in the passing game at a very high rate. In fact, in the last two years, Devon a. Chen has more targets than any running back in the NFL plus three year even before h N three years in a row, Mike McDaniel's lead running back has been top five in fantasy because he just he finds one guy and he force feeds him.
Speaker 4: And I think that'll be Hampton this year.
Speaker 7: And here's one of those things too, you gotta watch out for because Hampton, his ADP is going to be rising throughout the summer. He's gonna be one of those players that you'll have to get in the second round. So if you're willing to make him a second second round pick, then more power to you. I think that I tend to lean towards waiting again for the running backs. And one of the guys that I'm very, very excited to be able to draft once again David Montgomery. My guy David Montgomery. I can fully go out there invest in him. And one of the things that I love is he's going to a team in a situation in Houston where he's by far going to be there RB one. But they're also a defensive oriented team, which means they're going to want to slow down a lot of these games. Let the defense go out there and do a lot of the work, which means you bleed the clock. And if they get into a lead and they're trying to salt away a game, that means more opportunities for David Montgomery.
Speaker 2: He's going to be their goal line back. So I really love.
Speaker 7: Him in that situation. But I also love some rookie running backs as well. We talked about Jeremiah Love a moment ago. Jendarium Price is another guy that I'm looking forward to again. If you can get him at the right price, I'm really worried again once we get in to the late August months. This is one of the advantages of doing drafts right now is that the price for guys like Juderian have not been not been elevated, which means you can go out it there and get him right now, except that all the guys in my league now we'll take him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw an Asterroskin because not technically at RB one playing behind Chewba Hubber, but I think folks have forgotten generally about Jonathan Brooks, and I think you can get a real value proposition for a guy who's playing behind a guy who didn't ultimately end up being the RB one on his team. Last year that wound up being Rico Dubell. I think they want to split carriers and opportunities there, so maybe get some shares of Jonathan Brooks. Just a note, as folks were drafting a lot of guys, especially these rookies pretty early on, let's go to quarterbacks because so many of them are coming back from injury. Are you concerned which ones would you target?
Speaker 7: You know what, I'm going to say something about Kyler Murray, and I don't know if it's necessarily about Kyler Murray. I love KOC. KOC to me is like the Bill Lawrence of the NFL. If you're not familiar with who Bill Lawrence is. He's one of the creators.
Speaker 2: Behind Scrubs, Shrinking Ted Lasso.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at his Wikipedia right now. Yeah, he wont Friends. Yeah there is obviously yeah season one of Friends. Yeah, the best season, will you talk about it? The best season of Chandler. This is going to be the best season of Kyler Murray. One of the things that I really like about this this is.
Speaker 7: The first time that KOC is going to have a quarterback who has that running option. No disrespect to Kirk Cousins and Sam Darnold, but this is a real opportunity for him to go out there take advantage of a guy's running skill set to go along with his ability.
Speaker 2: I think it matches up really well. So I love Kyler Murray this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm fully in agreement.
Speaker 2: I love Kyler.
Speaker 8: We're gonna probably be trying to draft him in our leagues together. For me, though, it always depends on the quarterback, right, Because I love Kyler Murray this year. I love Jayden Daniels this year, and I think Jayden's upside is matched by like Josh Allen Lamar Jackson, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 8: I also really like Jackson Dart right, Like, these are all quarterbacks who are coming off of injury that I don't think it's going to impact this year. I expect all three of these guys to run a whole bunch. I love their offenses that they're a part of, and for a lot of them, missing time last year tends to lead to a buying opportunity this year. Except for one, I'm fading Patrick Mahomes at cost, like coming off the acl running is what made him so special last year, and I've been I think Kenneth Walker's going to get force fed and they're the Chiefs. They don't care about anything until January. They're gonna be like Patrick, wait until December to start running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kind of extracting that value from Patrick Mahomes and putting it back into Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 2: Just generally, I think if the quarterback is.
Speaker 1: Playing and you just kind of get rid of the concerns about injury, like Joe Burrow being a two time comeback Player of the Year, Lamar Jackson comes back from starting those twelve games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has back to back.
Speaker 1: Great fantasy football seasons, and so I just think if you get the player and you like the situation, you just kind of stick there and feel good about the opportunity that the players can have. And sometimes they have those opportunities with rookies. Our rookie wide receivers might worth the risk right now, just the unknown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they are, especially this year, the big three in that rookie class, like we all heard about it all March and April, Tyson, Tate and Lemon and for me, all three are wide receiver threes in my rankings. They're all between thirty and thirty five, and Tait is my favorite post NFL draft because every rookie since twenty ten taken in the top five has seen at least one hundred and fifteen targets if they stayed healthy, and Brian Dable has just a huge history of force feeding his wide receiver wons the ball, even when he had Molik Neighbors who was a rookie.
Speaker 2: Jordan Tyson was.
Speaker 8: My favorite as a prospect though, and I just really think he could play the Saints through at the sixth highest rate last year. I think he is going to be a big complimentary piece. And then Lemon is my least favorite of the three, but he's tied to the best offense of them all. So I think all three are high upside wide receiver threes.
Speaker 7: And I was gonna be able to I was gonna run in here and just talk about, you know, the rookie wall and all those wide receivers running smack into it. But at the same time what you were talking about with my Lak Neighbors, there are players who have excelled. I mean last year in Mecca, Abuca fell off tremendously and cost a lot of people, mostly me. But like you said, my neighbors a couple of years ago with somebody who did play well in the Fantasy playoffs. I don't think that these three guys match that. I don't think they're on the same caliber. So for me, I'm gonna let the rookie wide receivers kind of fall by the wayside.
Speaker 2: But there is one I really do like.
Speaker 7: It is Casey conceptsi On, who is playing for the Cleveland Browns. Now when you look at this situation the quarterbacks, the quarterback thing is a little murky there, to put it mildly, But at the same time, I went back and started watching a lot of Casey's tape at Texas A and M and lamp Zerline made the comp to Doug Baldwin and now I can't unsee it. So if I get an opportunity to go after k C.
Speaker 2: Conceptcy On at the end of my draft, I'm going to go out and do it.
Speaker 1: And that's the place for a lot of these rookies is those late round flyer type situations because.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think the knownes are so prevalent, especially in that range where like Romo Dunza is there, they can get to Alec Pierce around thirty nine in ADP guys who are going to get more opportunity where it's just so much of the unknown that you can kind of go with what you know depending on the circumstance. Let's wrap this up with some of these premium tight ends.
Speaker 2: Who is your favorite right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Is this necessarious ask? Let's go No, just listen. Colson Lovelan is gonna be my guy.
Speaker 7: I had a conversation with Stacey Dale's on Friday talking about the impact that Colston Lovelin had last year, and one of the big things that obviously they went out there and they drafted Sam Rousch, and they've got three tight ends, and people are are they gonna trade Cole Comett.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 7: They're gonna run all three. They're gonna run a lot of thirteen personnel. The one thing you have to remember is that Colston Loveland is basically their slot receiver. If you go back to his time at Michigan, he ran about fifty percent of his routes from the slot position.
Speaker 2: Ben Johnson started doing that at the end of last year.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact, there were games last season where Colston Lovelin outsnapped Cole Comet. This is going to be the pass catcher that you want to get from the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm gonna go with the tight end that's going to be tied to Colston Loveland probably their entire career in Tyler Warren. And to me, both of these two were the next two after Bowers and McBride.
Speaker 2: At the tight end position.
Speaker 8: But I really like Warren and I think Michael Pittman Junior being gone is huge because the two of them, we're eating off of each other's plates on these short to intermediate targets. Warren isn't going to excel downfield. He can be used there, but short to intermediate is where he's going to eat.
Speaker 3: And people might be like, oh, well he fell off as the year went on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when Daniel Jones got hurt. He was a top tight end prior to that injury.
Speaker 8: And then I also really like Sam Laporta, who I think is getting overlooked right now. Last season he had a career high in receiving yards per game. He has the third most touchdowns at the position since he entered the NFL and Drew Petsing. Look, I'm not going to say Sam Laporta is going to become Trey McBride.
Speaker 2: But Drew Petsing really.
Speaker 8: Dialed up the tight end number a lot in Arizona, and more than anything, he's just tied.
Speaker 2: To a really good offense. It's going to score a lot of points.
Speaker 8: So give me the probably top red zone target for the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think in terms of freemium options, sometimes you have to seek a value proposition. I know it's like, oh, Patrick's always shopped in the bargain basement.
Speaker 2: Tucker Craft was dominating them.
Speaker 1: Yeah for so long that so many people are going to focus on Well, we don't necessarily know when he's going back. If you did Tucker Craft and yeah, you have a few losses in the first three weeks of the season, you're you're trying to win championships. I think there's a value here in people perhaps sleeping on Tucker Craft, and you.
Speaker 2: Can get a premium tight end in a value spot. You'd like to provide value here. So I'm glad to have you guys with me on this. I'm required to say Kyle fitz too. Yes, I'm back in baby, just all.
Speaker 1: The way, in no context, just purely Kyle Pitts as a statement Adam ranked Michael Floro here on the Insiders think you're coming back.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming thank you for making it across the way, across the world.
Speaker 2: You the best, baby, absolute best was an electric It was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Travison Taylor got married over the holiday weekend at Madison Square Guarding last Friday, yep.
Speaker 4: Third of July.
Speaker 3: None of these pictures from the wedding. How do I know that? Because no pictures of the wedding are actually out there, although some of the guests, including are Rich Eisen have posted a few of themselves. So still waiting for the dress drop, the dere dress drop that is to come. In the meantime. Here are a bunch of Travis Kelsey's top plays from Good Morning Football.
Speaker 6: My peak for the top Travis kelcey play is his winner that he scored in overtime.
Speaker 2: He gets the Bills back in twenty twenty one to AFC Divisional round.
Speaker 5: They were in Arrowhead and the crowd with absolutely mess as you can imagine.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and take a look.
Speaker 9: Mahomes will be in a shotgun. Mckennon's alone running back thirty six thirty six tie in overtime, Chiefs first down in goal to go, Mahomes looks to throw it pump faking right side.
Speaker 2: He wants a tuck out top. It is cooked by Kelsey.
Speaker 10: Touchdown Duns sitting one of the greatest stools in the history of the National Football League.
Speaker 11: Patrick Mahomes to Travis Kelsey on a push fake come back. Chiefs have won this incredible divisional playoff game and overtime.
Speaker 2: Oh that was awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm going with another overtime win.
Speaker 2: However, this one was against a division rival. Let's see it.
Speaker 9: Riston ten Chiefs at the charger thirty four a TD wins it twenty eight to twenty eight times in overtime.
Speaker 2: Edwards Hilaire, the running back to the left of my Homes.
Speaker 9: Mahomes takes the snap of his right thigh, dumps it over the middle of cuck by Kelsey.
Speaker 2: At the thirty spends back of height Kelsey at.
Speaker 10: The fifteen yards on Kelsey.
Speaker 2: At the turn five touchdown.
Speaker 10: Cansas City, in the biggest AFC West game in five years, the Chiefs put the hammer down with the thirty four yard touchdown pass. My Holmes take Kelsey with a gutsy, gutsy, gutsy wining overtime.
Speaker 12: Derwin James is like, I have another play that I would like to show with the goal line with Travis Kelsey, but it wouldn't involve a Travis kelce tops lay. Those are fantastic, but I want to go not just with the score, but also with big time athleticism. And we look no further than an AFC title game just a couple of years ago, back in twenty twenty three against the Baltimore Ravens, always known for their physical defense, well, Travis kelcey set the tone against Baltimore.
Speaker 9: Mahomes to throw against a four man rush, finds it on your side to Kelty.
Speaker 2: Comes back to the.
Speaker 10: Ball and holds it in just touchdown. Cansas City, go all day, boy ay Gord to you again.
Speaker 2: Donald Patrick.
Speaker 11: Mahomes absolutely took duct tape and just wrapped the ball around the waist of Travis kelce for a nineteen yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: Outstanding job, a lot of contact down the sideline, sticks it right on his back hip.
Speaker 9: It is one of the great catches by Kelsey.
Speaker 3: From Travis to Travis Travis Hunter, Yeah, Red White and duvall over the fourth of July. Hunter who season ended prematurely this last year as rookie season because of a knee injury. You see what he did offensive snaps, defensive snaps. A low to talk this spring about more of a focus for him defensively, Steve Weisch, come on in as we talk about Travis Hunter year number two for the two way player there in Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: What can we expect?
Speaker 3: What do we think about everything we're here and with regard to more of an emphasis on defense for him, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Micause the shame he got injured because all signs were showing he was on an uptick on both sides of the ball. He was playing last year as a rookie. Now there has been a lot of conversation about him being more used more primarily on defense, but there's been no real official ruling on that. The main thing is he's got to return from that LCL healthy. He barely participated in field drills you know, during the offseason works, so they want to make sure he's healthy. He's projected to be healthy when training camp starts. But again, if he plays more so on defense, that will fall in line, Mike, because you know this with a lot of talent evaluators when he was coming out as a rookie who felt he could have more of an immediate impact as a cornerback, a lockdown cornerback in man an zone coverages, even though he's such an athletic freak. You see right here what he can do with his hands on the ball as a receiver. Also, look at Jacksonville's receiving room last year. The trade for Jacobe Myers was a difference maker for them. They have Brian Thomas junior, Parker Washington. Don't forget they signed tight end Brent Strange to that big extension recently, so that's a crowded space. But he could be used there also on offense, but defensively again, that's a good secondary. He's got pass rushers up front and Mike should he open the season at corner.
Speaker 2: Look at the.
Speaker 5: Jaguars schedules some of the receivers he'd have to face out of the gate. The Browns rookies case he concepts you own and Denzel Boston, Jalen Wattle and Courtland Sutton of the Broncos, AJ Brown and Romeo Doves Dobbs of the Patriots. T Higgins and Jamar Chase with the Bengals, Devonte Smith, Malachi Lemmon with the Eagles, and Nico Collins.
Speaker 2: In the first six games.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's why Jacksonville got him, because he can play dB and match up with those guys.
Speaker 2: But he'll be put to the test if that's his primary spot.
Speaker 5: Like again, you know this, a lot of evaluators thought he was a more natural corner than he was an impactful receiver early on in his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was asked after he was drafted by the Jacksonville media, who would win Travis Hunter the cornerback or Travis Hunter the wide receiver? If Travis Hunter covered Travis Hunter, he replied, Travis Hunter, I still want to know the real answer, like in his mind, does he think he'd win defensively or offensively? The next time I got a chance to interview, I'm going to reask that question, especially now where that emphasis more on defense.
Speaker 4: Veterans report there for the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: July twenty eighth training camp is drawing closer.
Speaker 2: So we hope everyone had a safe and happy Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: The nationwide love going out from the Seattle Seahawks. Of course, Sloomanfield is Seattle Stadium tonight, the home of the game between Belgium.
Speaker 2: And the US men's national team. Good luck going out from.
Speaker 1: The Seahawks and probably a lot of folks in Seattle and across those Ustatos nidos. Hey funny story happens. So Olivia Coppoletti is getting married in New York. Turns out the presidential suite she reserved was booked up by the Cardinals when they have those road games in New York. So she sends a heartfelt email to Matt Lafleur because that's who she.
Speaker 2: Thought the room was for.
Speaker 1: Turns out it was actually for the boss, Michael Bidwell, who had a fun response for her.
Speaker 13: Hi, Olivia, I'm Michael Bidwell from the Arizona Cardinals. Your email, which I absolutely loved, made its way to me. I looked into it. The situation's a little complicated. The suite you requested wasn't reserved for the coach of the Cardinals, but rather the owner of the Cardinals. The good news is that's me, and I'm happy to give it up to you and your Bridesmace to use during your wedding weekend. Congrats and enjoy your special day.
Speaker 1: All right, So Michael Bidwell has earned a new Cardinals fan for that special day.
Speaker 3: Mark, don't stop, Olivia, keep going. He can fly planes and fly you to your honeymoon private. Keep pushing for more. Negotiate you got this, Olivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's one of those things where deadlines spur action.
Speaker 2: We've talked about a lot of contract deals. Olivia.
Speaker 1: I will echo Mike's sentiments. We can get more out of this. You want more Insiders, Texans linebacker Henry to Toe and his bride join the show, as.
Speaker 2: We will keep things marriage teamed here.
Speaker 1: In this final bit of the Insiders from my gar follow Steve Wise Campbell.
Speaker 2: I'm back to Clambot. We'll see you tomorrow.