Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode two twelve? Well, who could have thunk it? Who could have imagined? We're doing a Super Bowl preview and we're still talking about those overrated past their prime, perpetual underdog Kansas City Chiefs. We'll get to that in a moment. We also have another major announcement, but first, here's what missed the cut. Jokich beats Giannis in a battle of MVPs. At least Giannas showed up for it. American Airlines make special flights from Kansaity to Vegas, and Draymond smacks or fouls, depending on how you want to look at it, Anthony Davis. But the other news is Demonse is back. We thought it might be, you know that he was month to month certainly was gonna be weak to week. Turned out only it had to be day to day. Demonse. I'm thrilled your back. I'm happy you're not having to go under the knife. I didn't tell the audience what the injury was. If you want to share it, you can. I just said you hurt your leg playing basketball. I don't know if you want to share your private medical info or not leave it as.
Speaker 3: It is just hurting for all types of different things. You A.
Speaker 2: So Demanse hurt himself playing basketball. We thought he was gonna have to have surgery, but he doesn't, and so he's got a cool cast. Pretty soon he's gonna be one of the best one legged scooter guys around Los Angeles and he's gonna be cooking and so uh. I also, accidentally, I think, Demonse, because I felt so sick for you that you were injured. If you review the tape from Thursday, I almost I think recommended people slide into your DMS. And then I realized what I was saying, and so I tried to pull it back. I didn't really know what I was saying. I just felt sick that you were on the other side of the country, in massive pain and probably lonely and sad. Uh, but I'm glad you're back. It's great to see you, and we got a lot to do today. So let's get Oh yeah, there we go. I love to hear that. I love to hear that. All right, so demanse, Uh, let's get to the uh news of Championship weekend, which was, of course, my guy beating your guy.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, your guy beating my guy. Honestly, man, I gotta say this is a win win situation for me. Lamar's not getting I'm glad Mahomes can. So obviously Mahomes and the Chiefs are going back to the Super Bowl. Uh. Nobody saw this coming, not even you. You were kind of down him a couple of weeks ago. You thought the Bills are going to beat.
Speaker 2: Him to stop it.
Speaker 3: But uh, go ahead, who do you think deserves the most credit for the success between Reid, Mahomes and you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I obviously don't deserve credit for the success I do deserve credit for having this crazy belief that we're gonna not pretend all of NFL history started September seventh of this year. And this is where I want to get into the chiefs conversation, because it has been maddening all season. It has been beyond maddening through the first two rounds of the playoffs, and then this morning I found myself even angrier. And so, you know, life works in mysterious ways. I was woken up at five in the morning today because Dexter, our dog, who sleeps on the I don't know the entry level of the house and has a nice little area but he's gated off. Just decided nope, I'm ready to get up and found a way to open up his gate. Came and laid right next to me where I sleep on the ground, and he was just laying there looking at me like I want to be taken out. I want to hang out. So I got up early this morning, very early, and I had nothing to do, so I'm like, you know what I haven't Yesterday was so busy and hectic with the TV show. I haven't listened to all my favorite NFL recap podcasts that I usually listen to you know throughout Monday and then into Tuesday. So I gave them a you know, gave them a whirl. And I can't believe what I heard from some of my favorite analysts about this football game. I cannot believe that as the Chiefs are twelve days away from playing in the last game of the year, the conversation surrounding them is still what they don't do great, rather than recognizing what they have done this postseason. The Kansas City Chiefs entered this postseason and proved they had the roster, versatility and depth two play three totally different styles of playoff games in any conditions in any setting against the hands down three best other teams in the AFC, and they kicked all of their asses. Okay, Round one, Miami, Do we have a team that is tough enough and built with enough depth that we can handle one of the three coldest football games ever played and make it look like it's a normal game. Yes we can. Can they absolutely not check one Buffalo? Can we totally throw at Buffalo a defensive game plan Josh Allen has never seen before where we just give him the underneath, give it to him all day, never take it away. Dare you to do it while not allowing anything over the top and on the flip side our allegedly broken offense. Can it go up and down the field? And this was the most underrated stat of this postseason. Can we average nearly nine yards per play until the kneel downs against that Bills team, the most of any playoff game of the Mahomes era? Yes? Can we dominate that game where we're underdogs on the road against a team that every one in the media but me thought might win the Super Bowl, that everyone in the media swore was a legitimate championship contender with a legitimate MVP quarterback, that was the hottest team in the league. Can we dominate that game so thoroughly that we fumble the ball at the one yard line going into score and win anyway? Yes, we can, despite Buffalo never turning it over. Yep, we can do that. And then Baltimore, can we design in six days a game plan that is the polar opposite of what Buffalo did Buffalo's game plan. Instead of daring them to take the underneath, instead of giving them the running lanes to protect over the top, do the exact opposite. Leave our corners out on islands to go heat up the MVP, A team that, by DVOA and smart People's stats, was one of the most dominant teams from start to finish in NFL history. Can we make them look totally out of sorts? Yeah, we can do that too. And the takeaway for some people is that, Ah, Baltimore did it to themselves. The takeaway is how how they do it to themselves? Tell me, tell me when Baltimore did it to themselves?
Speaker 3: Tell me, well, I just know that. I just know that they didn't run the balls as much as you.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That's what everybody is fucking saying. Do you think there's a reason do you think, guys, that was available or do you think the Chiefs defensive game plan was put them in fronts and look where they feel like passing is the better option. Do we think Baltimore, which is dominated running the football for six years in the biggest game they've played forgot about it or were first forced out of it by the best defense in the NFL. Because that's what Kansas City is and that's what everyone has missed all year. Going into the Baltimore game, all we heard about was this dominant Ravens defense. Well, let's look at the numbers. The Ravens defense this year was number six in yards allowed, the Chiefs were number two. The Ravens defense was number one in points allowed sixteen and a half. The Chiefs were number two seventeen point three. However, the Ravens defense this year forced thirty one turnovers. The Chiefs forced only seventeen. The Ravens didn't turn the ball over, the Chiefs turn it over a ton. The Ravens had the number one turnover differential, the Chiefs had the fifth worst. So there's a number of ways to look at that, but one of them is this. Absent turnovers, the Chiefs have been the most dominant team in the league defensively despite not forcing the turnovers. And if and when they do get some of that turnover luck, some of those fumbles bounce their way, some of those tip passes they end up picking off, the defense will be even better. And so yeah, people can say Baltimore got out of what they needed to do. But just like Buffalo fumbled on their first play of the game through a crossfield lateral on their third play of the game and ran a fake punt in a three point game in the fourth quarter. You know why teams do weird when they're playing the Chiefs because staring across the sideline and seeing Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid terrifies them because they don't think they're gonna be able to win seventeen fourteen. They think they are going to have to score thirty, so they do weird stuff because you've got a superhero on the other side of the field. Every team in the league is afraid of the Chiefs. While the media I had to listen to three weeks ago, people were, honest to God having this discussion. All right, obviously the Ravens are the best team, and obviously the Bills are the second best team. But if it's not one of those teams, who do you like out of the AFC and is not a straw man, everyone knows it happened. I had to listen to people saying, well, if it's not Ravens or Bills, you know the team I'd look out for the Cleveland Browns and Joe Flacco. There was more faith in that Browns team than this Chiefs team. And then this week there's been no Mia Colpis. The only thing has been all never doubt Mahomes, all these shows that have picked against the Chiefs every round. It's now like they just found out Patrick Mahomes exists. They're like, oh, well, now we know until you know in ten days when they're gonna pick brock Perdy to beat them. But set that aside. So let's then talk about the other part of this that nobody understands.
Speaker 3: The bad officiating.
Speaker 2: What was the bad officiating Demons, No, it was I.
Speaker 3: Was just taking like a little little mini shot. I know there was some bad calls in there. I do notice that the announcer was like, oh, the ball was already there before the interference came. It was the last play of the game. The ball definitely wasn't there. But that's that's like a little thing like I feel like that type of stuff gets miscalled throughout the entire game. But but no, I don't you know what.
Speaker 2: Let's deal with the officiating now. I was gonna talk about the Chiefs often. Let's deal with the officiating now. Baltimore had so the foul discrepancy was massive because Baltimore committed five fifteen yard personal foul penalties because they were an undisciplined immature team on Sunday. But let's talk about all five. Okay, there is one when Kyle van Noy, right in front of the official head butts Travis Kelcey. You can say, don't call it, but that's a personal foul. There was a second one when Jadeveon Clowney leads with his head into Mahomes's helmet. We can say the NFL saw if you can say whatever. Everyone who watches football knows that has been called all for five years now against every quarterback that's except for maybe unfortunately U justin fields. He doesn't get those calls. Everyone else seems to. That's two. The third one was a play that should have been a thirty yard personal foul when the d lineman i mean close lines Mahomes in the face, rips his head back and then drops a people's elbow on him on the ground. That was the third. The fourth one was the Zay Flowers taunting, which you can hate, but if you push a guy down, spin the ball and flex, that's a dumb play by Zay Flowers. And the fifth one the Ravens wanted to do that was the intentional off sides, but that ended up being fifteen yards because they didn't want the Chiefs have first and five. So all five personal fouls were legit. That's the first point. The second point if we are going to parse, Oh, but they might have missed a pass interference when the Evens for down ten with two and a half minutes remaining. Then let's also discuss the fact that Chris Jones got leg whipped and tripped in the end zone and that's a safety. That's a that's a safety. That's then nineteen to seven. Or we could discuss the fact that the Chiefs, for the second time this postseason, the Chiefs will get all the calls for the second time in three games in the playoffs, have had a touchdown on a screen pass to Rashi Rice taken off the board due to a phantom holding penalty. I'll give someone I don't want to. I'll give you de Monsey one thousand dollars if you can show me the hold that took away a forty yard Rashi Rice touchdown. So the officiating stuff is just losers whining. Could there have been a past interference called right before the Ravens kicked the field goal, Absolutely, no doubt, Just like there could have been a safety called when Chris Jones got when Gus Edwards did a damn karate kick to Chris Jones's thigh, safety, Yeah, exactly, and so yes, of course. But the idea that the whistle went drastic in one direction is not accurate to the scenario. But what I was getting to was people are pointing out, oh, Chiefs struggled offensively in the second half, to a degree yes, and to a degree no. So yes, in that the Ravens did figure some things out, and that is a great defense. But what nobody seems to recognize, and it's so painfully obvious if you're looking at this with any type of clear eyes, is the Chiefs were up ten for every second of the second half until the final possession. As long as they had a two score lead and were dominating the Ravens. When the Ravens had the ball, the Chief's offensive approach was going to be no mistakes allowed. So were their likely throws Mahomes could have made. But it would have been a tight window because the Chiefs receivers aren't good enough to get wide open against the great Ravens Stephens. Yes, were there plays that if the Chiefs had to move the ball. Mahomes would have taken the chance, of course, But because Patrick Mahomes, unlike some of his contemporaries, is a grown adult quarterback that understands situational football, he decided, I'm not putting the ball and jeopardy and it is and the fact that nobody has seemed to square the circle of Oh wait, what was the one drive the Chiefs in the second half threw the ball deep downfield and converted. Oh yeah, it was the one drive where if they don't convert, the Ravens get the ball back down just one score the play to MBS. Every other time the Chiefs had the ball, Mahomes knew if this ends in a punt, the worst case scenario is I get the ball back with the lead. So just have it end in a punt unless something is wide open and easy. It was the old Andy Reid shutdown mode in the AFC title game, and folks are so desperate to have the Chiefs be this high flying team they fail to recognize that Mahomes, after his one bad playoff half ever that game against Cincinnati, has done two things. He has stopped flinging it downfield in the postseason and also stopped taking sacks or turning the ball over. In that time, the team is six and zero. Mahomes has zeroed interceptions. He has in those six games taken a total of five sacks, and he is protecting the ball at all costs. Because here's the other thing Mahomes knows. I'll throw a trivia question at you, Demanse. In the last five years, the Chiefs have played twenty six games in the playoffs in regular season from twenty eighteen to right now, since the the I'm sorry twenty nineteen to right now, the last five years since they started winning Super Bowls to right now, they've played twenty six games where Mahomes had zero turnovers. What do you think their record is in those games where he has zero turnovers out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playoffs, I'd say twenty six, twenty six to zero, twenty five and one.
Speaker 2: Almost twenty five and one, twenty five and one. So he's he is recognized, especially with this defense. We have a lead on Baltimore that doesn't that can't move the football. Why would I put the ball in jeopardy? So I do this twenty minute rant because I I can't believe we are in the midst we are one game away from the Kansas City Chiefs having finished, by any metric, the greatest five year run in the history of the league. I will say that again, one win away from the Chiefs having executed the greatest five year run in the history of the league. Only one other team in any five year stretching NFL history has won three Super Bowls, been to four, and that's the twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen Patriots. Both of those teams, in the one year they didn't win the super or make the Super Bowl lost in the conference championship game, and the Chiefs have bettered them in the regular season by two wins, so they would have the same postseason resume, same postseason, all of it, and two regular season wins better one and nothing else comes close. The one to five Patriots went to three Super Bowls, but in five didn't go to the conference title game and an O two missed the playoffs. The ninety one to ninety five Cowboys went to three Super Bowls, won them, but in ninety three they lost the Conference tidle game. In ninety five didn't get there or I have those years wrong. But in ninety two to ninety six whatever it is. The Steelers won four out of six, but the two years in between didn't go to the Super Bowl. No one has done what the Chiefs have done over the last five years other than the fourteen to eighteen Patriots, and with a win Sunday, they trump that. And the fact that the storylines all playoffs have been about the other teams is insulting to the audience and insulting to history. The storyline after the first Dolphins game was it was too cold for Tua. Shut up, it's professional football. The storyline after the Chiefs went into Buffalo and won was that the reason this was the game of Josh Allen's entire career with the fewest big plays zero and the most passes behind the line of scrimmage sixteen was because the Bills linebackers were hurt. And the storyline yesterday was God dogg it the Ravens. They forgot to run the ball. Imagine that they just forgot, Like there's this thing that they so clearly would have worked. Look, guys, it was. It worked awesome the three times they did it, and amazingly, just by kismet, they forgot to do it. Oh, the Chiefs got lucky. They got lucky and what that legit?
Speaker 3: They were trying to get it back on the Ravens. You know, they kept on those oh those deep routes and stopping. They were trying to get back in the game. I don't think it was something that they clearly forgot to do, but yeah, I mean it does the chief They're trying to get back in the game because the Chiefs were.
Speaker 2: Kicking their ass. They didn't start the game down ten. And then oh, how about lagerious Snead first us Sneed put them on Jay back on camera here if we could before the punch out. How about the fact that when Zay Flowers catches that bomb, he gets him down in open space. When Zay Flowers catches the right before he taunts him, Zay Flowers is one almost Sneed to the end zone and and Sneed just got him on the ground, lived to fight another down, and then they get the fifteen yard penalty, but they get those yards right back. They get those yards right back, does Baltimore. And Jay Flowers is streaking towards the end zone and Snead with a perfect punch and save seventh.
Speaker 3: Though it was impossible that he actually punched that out, like I thought, he's still scoring. A way for the record, I did too.
Speaker 2: I saw that the refs were signaling touchback and I said, I Beamani was there. I said. I was like, no, I think he I said to him. I was like, he definitely fumbled, but I thought he had already broken the plane that.
Speaker 3: Was had to play the game.
Speaker 2: It was an insane, insane play by Sneed. And so I just and beople like, well, and there's another thing I heard yesterday, another thing I literally heard yesterday. Well, you know, we talk about all these big picture things and game plans and this and that, and we talk legacies, when in reality, if you're about to score, if you fumble at the one yard line and the other team gets the ball, you just lose. Except the fact the Chiefs did that last week and one. Anyway, they did it last week and one, so you can win. There is a way, be better, be better? All right? What's the last follow up? Here? Tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Said the serious one? So what do you think of the Taylor the Taylor Swift based conspiracy theories?
Speaker 2: All right? So this is this is my favorite, my favorite added bonus of this Chief's dynasty. It's not only that the Chiefs are so good now they're driving people crazy there, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: I mean, just starting to get a little stuff, starting to get a little annoying. Like I'm I'm I'm a chiefs ally and I'm just I see both sides. I can see how people are annoyed by Taylor Swift being shoved down their throats.
Speaker 2: Kelsey, Okay, well, hold on, hold on second, hold on second, Hold on a second, the tailor Swift being shoved down their throats. That that's uh, that's a matter of perspective. Because Taylor Swift has been shown in all three playoff games less than Jason Kelsey was shown in the one, and everyone loved what he did. Every everybody loved it. And that's and and that's that's literal. You can check it. In the Chiefs Ravens game, Taylor Swift was on camera three and a half seconds longer than crabcakes were during the broadcast. Check the tape, and nobody's like, oh my god, uh big Seafood pushing this agenda like so so it's just it's just nonsense. It's just people that is so so, that's not even what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is the cheat. And as far as Justin Tucker, Justin Tucker, warm up somewhere else, clown, your greatest kicker ever. That's great, Sorry, buddy, warm up somewhere else, like the.
Speaker 3: And he had a quote crazy.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, the whole field you're warming up in intentionally in the exact spot Mahomes is doing his dropbacks, like play dumb games, win dumb prizes. Pal, you gonna have your stupid tea and ball thrown aside by the year. You're trying to poke Mahomes and Kelsey. How'd that work out for you? Oh yeah, Kelsey's greatest game of his career. So smart job. Also, the I mean Kel's Tucker had a great quote where he was like, you know, I was just you know, kind of having fun messing around. They were taking it real serious. Yeah, that's a good micro cosm for the whole game. The Chiefs took it quite serious. You guys spent some Here's a fact, a fact at some point during the week leading up to the biggest game the Ravens franchise has ever had in their building. About to say there was some time, Nope, there was some time during the week of practice where the Ravens offense was like, all right, guys, real quick, let's choreograph our swagsurfing routine. I don't know I would have maybe used that time on ball security. So basically because they told us, they told us before the game that he had a dance planned. And for anyone wondering why did they do swagsurfing, it's because the Baltimore Ravens were mocking the wives and girlfriends of the Kansaity Chiefs. To be very clear, that's what it was. Patrick Mahomes's wife and Taylor Swift in the playoff game in round one did the swagsurfing thing and everyone thought it was terrible because it's a couple of white girls doing swagsurfing, and the Ravens decided that's gonna be our touchdown dance. We are going to do it to mock them, and so good. I'm glad you guys had You seemed like a very serious operation this week, given the fact that on the biggest defensive drive year season you started out with twelve men on the field. You had everything totally buttoned up. Nothing to worry about there, But I'm glad you got your dance routine in But as I was trying to say, I know for absolute certainty that's what they were doing because the the tailor and Britney doing the sweat.
Speaker 3: I saw them.
Speaker 2: It's the Dolphins. Yeah, you think all of a sudden that just became super popular again the Ravens. No Zay said before the game, we have something planned. Yeah, it wasn't a coincidence. And listen, they at least they didn't save it. Well, you know what would have really sucked for Baltimore if they were like, save that for our second touchdown. That'll really get them because then they never would have gotten to do it because they only got the one touchdown. But as I was saying about, uh, I can't believe it's not only that the Chiefs are so good they're driving people crazy, but they have just by happenstance, stumbled upon the hornet's nest of the dumbest and worst people in the world who hate them the most. The folks who were saying that Travis Kelcey is slowing down because he got too many boosters and on Nick that's a straw man. Nope, a former colleague of mine who is one of the largest syndicated talk show hosts in America and also one of the worst sports betters of all time, has that take out there on the record and the idea those people who are now trying to convince their gullible, sad audience that Taylor Swift is a psyop by the government to help Joe Biden chef's kiss. It's just perfect this morning. Yeah. Yeah. The fact that that that these these damn snake oil salesman think that they can convince their audience that a tail literally as old as time, which is super popular beautiful girl falls in love with star athlete, had to be orchestrated by the protege of George Tennant that the guys, this is gonna be a tough one, but somehow we're gonna have to thread the needle of the football team that wins more than any team with the best player in the peak of his powers, with a super popular, charismatic co star. How are people gonna believe that they win again and more? And then to really put it over the top, something we've never heard of before, which is super popular famous woman falls in love with super popular athlete. Guys, we got over on them when it was Giselle and Tom Brady. They were none the wiser. Let's try it again with Taylor and Travis, you morons. I mean, it's just and so it's perfect. So it's just absolutely perfect. And so that's that's what this last thirty minutes is what I wanted to hear on my podcast today. Shout out to the green Light with Chris and Kyle Long. Shout out to First and Pod with Danny Parkins Andrew Philipponi. They were the closest to it. Reverse shout out to all the other podcasts I listened to, but I don't know. I don't want to name names because I there's some I haven't gotten to yet, so I don't know. But that's what it was, all right. So I think we're gonna have to redo the rundown a bit. I don't think we're gonna be able to get to any of the NBA stuff, so I could speed run it, just real quick. Seventy point games under this environment are bad for the league. They are bastardizing the record books. And I've never been a guys don't care about defense anymore. The last little bit, guys need to buckle down a bit more.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that serious.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's there's I am. I'm a die hard NBA fan and I love it. Embeed not playing in Denver, Nobody giving a if you give up seventy It's just it is. You have Stephan Lebron who are combined seventy five pouring their hearts out in a double overtime game, continuing to carry this league on their back while nobody else can take the torch. It's awful. I don't like it. All right, we'll talk Lamar, we'll talk Lions, and we'll talk Demand's other guy, brock Purty. We'll do it all next. What's right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: All right? Welcome back in We'll Dry with Nick Wright, Episode two twelve, and this episode is brought to you by US Bank Winter. It can be a drag, but thankfully we've got sports to get us through this part of the year. And if you ask me, nothing goes better like your favorite food and your favorite teams, especially when it's cold out. You got the NFL Playoffs, got Pro basketball. You can just sit at home, hang out till the temperature finally gets warm. And the US Bank Altitude Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza and watch the game on your big screen TV. Plus earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great whether you're staying at home or you're making nachos, whatever you want to do. If you're willing to brave the elements, though getting to the game can be rewarding. You'll learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more. But how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred dollars if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card. Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply and live every day your way. Limited time offer credit or and issue of this card's US Bank National Association pursuing to a license from VCUSA Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, Welcome back in what's right with Nick Wright. We need to talk about the other team in the super Bowl, which is something that back in October I kind of floated the possibility of we can play that for you right now. If people are rooting against me, the way this store is supposed to end is with Brock Purdy outdueling Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a heartache, and talk about never a doubt that'd be hilarious. Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if and that's what we got. And Perdy, so let's talk about him for a minute, because Purdy in both of these playoff games has played some level between awful to very poor early on and then in the first playoff game had the one drive at the end after playing really poorly the entire game, and in this game had the whole last really quarter and a half from the moment I caught the ball off Bildor's helmet the rest of the way. Perdy was excellent, And I was not impressed by the Purdy the way some of you wanted me to be when he had the perfect passer rating against Tampa, when he put up some of these great, seemingly flawless games, I thought it was plug and play quarterbacking the likes of which we had seen from Jimmy Garoppolo. I was impressed by the composure he showed in that conference championship game after playing really poorly early. And it wasn't just the composure, but the escapability for him to go along with the scrambling is a really nice weapon that obviously, excuse me, that obviously Jimmy Garoppolo never had, And so folks have been waiting and waiting and waiting for me to give Party credit. He showed me something in that conference championship game that was more impressive than a twenty one of twenty five for two hundred and eighty yards and four touchdowns earlier in the season because he wasn't playing well, and despite that, he seemed to keep his confidence. Now he got away with some and I think he has gotten He's been very lucky in multiple spots thus far this postseason, but he's also made some really good athletic plays that I will give him full credit for. And so I'm not trying to short change Party and the Niners here, but we're gonna have the next three shows to talk more about the Super Bowl matchup and so we're gonna do that more than also with the monse Evan technical difficulties right now, I kind of wanted to get his thoughts on Perty because that's been his guy off and on throughout the year. So maybe later in the show we'll get to that. If not, we'll do a lot of it on Thursday. Now back to the chief side of things and the interesting Lamar Jackson conundrum we have right now. And by the way, if you have questions or comments in the chat we see him, I'll try to get to him in the sea block. I'm not gonna read them off right now. The but we see him, Gabe and our wonderful producers are putting them in the dock, and so I'll get to those some of those in the sea block. Lamar is in a weird spot because there are two numbers that are very, very hard to ignore. So Lamar Jackson has in his career played seventy seven regular season games. In those seventy seven regular season games, the Ravens have never led in two of them. So basically, once every two and a half seasons, Lamar has a game where the Ravens trail the whole time. It's happened twice in seventy seven games. Lamar has played six postseason games. That exact scenario. Never having the lead once has happened four times. That is so something that in the regular season has happened to him. What's two of eighty two and a half percent of the time in the postseason has happened sixty seven percent of the time. That is the first flashing red light. The second one is just as damning. Lamar has played in the playoffs four years in his career. One year they missed, one year he was hurt for the playoffs. Every single one of those years, the Ravens season low for points in a game was in their playoff game. That's a hard one. For some context there, it has happened to Josh Allen once in five postseason appearances, Mahomes once in this via Scott casmir. By the way, once in six playoff appearances. Happened to Peyton Manning four times in sixteen playoff appearances. Happened to Brady five times in twenty playoff appearances. For Lamar, it's happened every single time, and so they never just get you know, beat, start to finish in a game. Except for the playoffs, where it happens two out of three times, four out of six overall, and every year they have scored their season low for the season in the playoffs. So as much as the monkey got off Lamar's back by that round two great second half, it started to climb back on a bit by being stuck on seven points for three hours of this game, and by clearly the Chiefs game plan, right or wrong, was have Lamar beat us with his arm. We don't think he will. That was their game plan. And I like Lamar and I think he was the rightful MVP. But you look at Lamar's think about all the heat Dak Prescott got for falling to two and five in the playoffs for another playoff stinker after a great regular season. It feels like Lamar now at two and four in the playoffs, with one excellent playoff game to his name, it feels like some of that same heat is going to be there for Lamar. And I don't know what the right answer is. I just know a guy that's as scary as any player in the league in the regular season. Now, every year he's made the postseason, he has not looked the same. I don't think people would be saying this if they had lost thirty one to twenty eight, but the fact that this game was seventeen to seven the whole second half essentially, and the Chiefs did nothing but punt in the second half, and it didn't matter because Baltimore, and yes, I understand they you had the Zayflowers fumble at the one, but you also had the Lamar stripsack early and the terrible pass into triple coverage when they didn't they weren't in desperation mode yet. Those things are gonna cause some eyebrow raising. And then the other big story from this weekend is Dan Campbell's forth down decisions, and this is just going to be another example of I think people missing the actual story. So full disclosure, even though I'm I, you know, analytics inclined, and I'm aware that part of the Lion's reasoning on going for those two fourth downs in the fourth in the second half was their kickers not good bad. They've had kicking issues all year. Badgely is around fifty percent from more than forty five yards. Those were not a lock three points and it was not in conflict kicking the field goal at the end of the first half is a totally different spot because the one scenario where kicking a field goal inside the five sometimes makes total sense is if it is in the very final seconds of the first half. Because one of the reasons that you go for touchdowns inside the five is if you miss it, they're gonna be backed up. You can either get a safety or get the ball back in great field position before the half that doesn't matter, So those weren't in conflict. With all that said, the one fourth down decision that I would have done differently was up fourteen midway through the third because I do believe psychologically getting back up three scores the difference between fourteen and seventeen is more than three points. I guess the point I would make is I feel like psychologically there is a much bigger gap for the Niners between fourteen and seventeen than there is between seventeen and twenty one. I think the edge of your down three scores and you have to change your game plan, get a little more nervous. All of that, I would have kicked that one field goal, but that's a judgment call that is not worth that. I mean, that is just you make a tough decision. You live with the results. The thing Dan Campbell did that he has since now admitted was a mistake, but is an honestly just as horrendous a coaching error as one can make. Was burning that third time out or that first time out with a minute left after the goal line run on third down, and I don't Greg Olsen did a good job talking about what a problem it was, but I don't think it was it. People understand what a disaster that timeout was. If you have all three timeouts, if you get to stop, you are getting the ball back. Fifteen seconds after the other team's possession starts. You're getting the ball back. Because the NFL has changed the on side kick to where it is impossible, you have to treat getting in an on side kick game as we lose. You have to treat the on side kick like if we are kicking an on side kick, we have lost the game. The probabilities are so low, which means if you have third in goal from the two with a minute left in all three timeouts, you are, honest to God better off. And this is obvious. Kicking the field goal and being down seven and keeping your timeouts, then what they did, which is scoring the touchdown, but using a timeout. The moment you use a timeout, the game's over. You have lost. That was it, and so leaving it up for chance that if we don't get this run, we're gonna have to call timeout. That was the grievous error. That was the mistake You cannot make. It is so much worse than the judgment calls on fourth down you once you're inside two minutes trailing multiple scores, the timeouts are actually more valuable than touchdowns if you're down ten or less, the if you're down nine, ten, eleven, the timeouts are what you must prioritize. Now, you could argue that Baltimore and Detroit, both of them on their last would end up being their last drives of the game, should have the moment they were in field goal range, kicked the field goal to make it a one score game and keep their timeouts. But certainly you can't put yourself a position to burn one. And everyone gets so caught up on the fourth down stuff. They's the fact that you getting yourself in an on side kick game is losing. You've lost. The game's over if you have all three times. If they had so, just for the sake of argument, let's say they threw incomplete on third down and then kick the field goal on fourth, or went for it and got it on fourth whatever. You're down three or seven kicking off with one minute left. If you have all three timeouts and you get the stop, you're getting the ball back with forty seconds left, you have a chance. Instead you use a timeout. You, of course don't get the on side kick game over. All right, we'll answer your questions, take quick break, answer your questions, and read your comments. Next we'll try. All right, welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right? Uh, we'll get to your listener questions right now. Big Seafood asked anyone hungry for a new single? I think this is our producer trolling me a bit. Let me see what it says. Oh, it's Taylor's new single. Cake it off by it now at Big Seafood. That's well done. That's well done with you know, no planning with that was done on the fly. Uh. Echo Ramos asks, how does it feel having your fifty to one Super Bowl bet last year actually come to fruition this year? Ah? I'm over it from last year and last year's Super Bowl couldn't have gone any better. But yeah, I mean, I've thought about it that I was Niners chiefs last year and now it ends up being Niners chiefs this year. D R says, all this outside noise surrounding the Chiefs. Guess who has no outside noise? The Niners? Yeah not yet. Uh. Here's the thing. The the media is not going to be able to help themselves, and they're gonna really really try to turn Brock Purdy into a combination of Joe Montana uh and Tom Brady. And I'm gonna be really interested in how he handles it. For the Super Bowl. We know how Mahomes gonna handle it. Grayson Schultzman says, will Mahomes have a Jordan Like not letting anyone eat effect on the great quarterbacks in the AFC? All right, reminder, then no one ate on Jordan's watch thing is a myth unless no one just means Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller. Because the following people all won titles during Jordan's career. Kareem Magic, Larry Isaiah, Akeem, Duncan Robinson, Shaq Kobe, all the great players eight on Jordan's watch except for of course, Ewing Berkley and Reggie Oh and Carmelone. I shouldn't sorry, my bad Carmelon John Stockton obviously are on that list. My apologies. Uh I here's what I think, Druff's If you're in the AFC, you've got to be sick that they went seamlessly from the Patriots to the Chiefs. The Patriots made the AFC title game every single year from twenty eleven to twenty eighteen, and in that timeframe they made five Super Bowls. The other three Super Bowls were played in by the Denver Broncos and Peyton, and the Baltimore Ravens and Joe Flacco from the AFC side of things. In twenty eighteen, the Chiefs and Patriots played each other in the conference championship game. The Chiefs then took the baton if you will. Uh. They've now been in every conference championship game since then and been in every Super Bowl but won so. In the last thirteen years in the AFC, Brady made five Super Bowls, Mahomes has made four, Peyton made two, and Flacco and Burrow both made one. Robert Remsen says, Nick, did you really turn up the TV while Bomani was telling a story to someone else. Yes, and I'd do it again. But I told Bamani before he came over. Bamani jones with me for the game. He brought a buddy of his and my buddy Josh was at the game was with us as well, and I told him before the game, there's only conver station asked to be about the game. And at one point during the AFC title game, Bamani was talking about something that was not the Chiefs Ravens game, and I did, like what quarterbacks do to crowds. I did that because I was crouching in front of the TV. They didn't listen to me, so I turned the TV up. I have no apologies. This is a very important moment and I didn't want to be distracted. And I mean that was I don't even think Bamani was offended. At one point, Bamani went downstairs and hung out with Deanna, who he likes more than me. Anyways, seemed to have a good time. Dan yell and Deanna made nachos. Everyone at a great time. But we're not talking about things that aren't football during playoff games, certainly during conference Championship Games. What are we talking about? We're civilized people, all right. Apologies for the technical errors. We'll try to get him squared away. Great job demands even though it was only half a show. We will see you guys today, Big day. I get to go yell at Colin and j mack in about ninety minutes on the herd. Then we have first things first that I'm going on Collins podcast Slayer today. Talk to you guys later. What's right? Hey, it's snicker right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate you