Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your host. Now, fuck that with your low glasses, Malone, what you.
Speaker 2: Do to yourself?
Speaker 3: Dug. I have nerve damaged nerve in my elbow, so and I reached back and I hit it on the side of this chair and that fucking hurts Jesus Christ, and it catches me. I do it every you know, a week or two, and every time I do it, it's like obviously you don't see it coming, and it's just like fuck it, just it just burns like all Hell's like.
Speaker 2: Fih, how'd you mess up the uh the nerve into your shit?
Speaker 3: It's the stupidest story in the fucking world. Like I was it. I remember this shit. I was in the eleventh grade at Oris County Championships track meet doing the high jump and I got off badly. So I just like knocked you know the bar that comes down if you hit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like.
Speaker 3: I knew I got off bad so I just jumped and kind of knocked it backwards and then landed like this. But I landed with like all my weight and my arm bent and like straight like on the bar. Like it's like I went like elbowed to bar first and just pop, And I was like, it's been like fucked up for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: You can't fix it.
Speaker 3: No, they said it was supposed to grow. I don't know if there's nerve nerve tissue on the on the nerve cell or scar tishe the nerve. I don't know what the problem is, but it's like too, it's not like surgically damaged, like requiring surgery. It's just like some stupid thing that's either like I don't have really good feeling and like the outside half of my hand and if I hit it, it's just still fucking hurts. It's the stupidest thing, and it's like the stupidest of even for me. This is stupid.
Speaker 1: So so it makes you know, it makes your nerve super sensitive to some degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's it's it's your funny bone nerve whatever. So while functionally at its ends here, I'm like this, it's it's less sensitive where it's supposed to be, but hitting it where the problem is hurts a hell of it. Like this is just you know, hit this side just got that kind of whatever feeling for a few minutes to hit on the other side of fucking burns.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Girls six. I'm glad you're the first comment. Welcome here on time to the lunch table. Use the first one at the table. No Seilings live the Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time right here on Digital Soapbox. Click that thumbs up if you're sitting at that lunch table in them comments, let us know you in drop a comment. Represent Click that thumbs up button again going to the description. Subscribe to No Selings Podcasts on Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts, or anywhere you get your podcast. The No Sellers podcast executive produced by Charlemagne to God Black and Fat Network and.
Speaker 3: iHeart and we got a good one dropping tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That was a cool Yeah, that was a fantastic podcast.
Speaker 3: And Jobs is awesome. That guy so fun.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I love telling him all the time, Like I love Jobs, bro, because Jobs are such an intelligent person and and.
Speaker 3: The way talks is great. Like I feel like it would be the fair thing to do for it to like just have to give him my spot.
Speaker 2: On this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I thought about it. Jobs is so dope, bro. Uh he called me to h were hitting back real quick. No, man, I liked him. He asked me to do intellectually Patty Jobs. We on the live stream right now. We're on my YouTube on our daily last stream Monday, Wednesday and Friday, me and Pete and we were just talking about hope you are, bro, you know what I'm saying, and we just singing your praises.
Speaker 2: Man, apologize somebody.
Speaker 1: Nah Jobs, we the thing about the people I pride myself and hanging around there all intelligent enough, nobody would be offended at all. Like nobody minds the intellectual push back. It's fair and you should be able to stand on your principles if they're genuine principles you stand on. So Nah Jobs, No, it ain't none.
Speaker 2: Of that, bro. I'm always pead.
Speaker 1: He brought it up, and I'm like, I'm always proud to create content with you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He was like, I need to give him my spot. I'm like jobs, and so we're gonna see the link to the to check it out. But it go live tomorrow, so I'm gonna stay on you about it.
Speaker 2: Yep. Monday, Wednesday Friday at noon, I'm gonna see you link.
Speaker 1: Say you can look at it all, right, Uh so everybody is sending me early birthday.
Speaker 2: My birthday is tomorrow. Shout out to everybody.
Speaker 1: Right, Shout out to girls sick, Shout out to mister green k Ancient Echos, Eugenie wash Up player, shout out to Philly Marshall. I don't even want to get into that, bro like that that. I know the headline is a little bit loose, but I don't even want to talk about that. I'm so upset. I've been telling everybody when they let when they let this stuff happen to Diddy unfairly like that, that this could be the triggering effect of people, you know, fighting financial wars, were just in a bad time.
Speaker 2: I don't even that's not even my thought.
Speaker 1: But I did use the title, you know, knowing that that was a part of the conversation.
Speaker 2: Jews.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Jews, smirk. I don't even want to talk about that, bro, that that is hurting my feelings. My man, fast, what's up, baby?
Speaker 2: What's the deal?
Speaker 3: I think the real thing we need to talk about is are you a day cruise on your guys trip to Tulum to celebrate your birthday?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Squishy, thank you for the ten dollars. That's a good birthday lunch. Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You know. I love you. I need your help.
Speaker 1: Still, we gotta go over that stuff we was talking about as far as that great idea Pete was saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna make sure I get with you.
Speaker 1: Shout out to King Tell What Bro, Just Mitch, Kevin Finley, thank you for the ten dollars. What's up y'all, eight glasses, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the community. Y'all be having me dying laughing. Y'all be saying some real shit though, salute bro. What's funny? Is keV?
Speaker 2: I be so serious? Cousin.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to realize that my homies are immaturely poking fun at my seriousness of thought. Like I don't ever troll, but they joke and bullshit all the time. And this is I'm thinking they're making me the joke. You feel me? Shout out to Craze, yo, cuz what were man? We about to pop it? A couple of things was on my mind. Definitely ain't talking about bs though. Shout out to just Miss thank you for the twenty dollars. Man, I appreciate the birthday gift as player.
Speaker 2: Feel me.
Speaker 1: It's tomorrow again. We're gonna go up. Thank y'all, Thank y'all, thank y'all. Let's get into these conversations.
Speaker 2: I just like that.
Speaker 1: So somebody, it's a good one. Vegah yo, glasses. We heard that, Pete. Want to catch that fade with Andrew Peter squad shows? Yep, bro, who's Andrew the comedian? Who you've never heard of? Andrew Schultz the comedian.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look him up.
Speaker 2: He does the he does the podcast with Charlottmagne. Oh that guy. He's a really famous comedian.
Speaker 3: Yay, I'm bad with names. I'm I'm really not professional when it comes to any human beings names.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, appreciate it, Thank you everybody. I got money on Pete. Peter Squabby up, Peter Squabby up about that? No, honestly, Shulty is somebody I consider like. I like Schultz. I really didn't get into that thing much. I'm telling you, you don't want to say that type of stuff about people, especially so what he said. I'm only gonna give it this much energy, but I'm not gonna give it a bunch of energy. Because Schultz is a comedian, so his job is to be funny. So comedians take a lot of risk at being funny. It's weird when you so he was he there's a line in Kendrick Lamar's song in the Uh and the song that the first song Jesus Christ, I'm drawing a cold blank uh damn, I don't know why I came the song. Yeah, whacked out murals, Damn whacked out murals. And he has a line where he says, never let a white comedian talk about black woman as law.
Speaker 3: And you're not gonna like me?
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure, but again that's a that's a person, stands right and that's fine, Like that is a man and he should have that stance if he wants to have that stands right. So Schultz took it as if it was a shot towards him. I guess based off some things he was saying about Kamala, which you know he could have found out and asked questions. But yeah, whatever, So Schultz responded like, yeah, Kendrick mayroll with a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of gangsters, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But if it was just me and him, if we were in a cell, I would make love to him. And he said it like like I don't know if the term he used was forcefully or it was nothing he could do about it, insinuate it would be like talt to some degree. Now at the end of the day, I get it was him trying to be funny that I think it's funny. You know, people we don't play about like yeah, you know, like bad and opposite of heater sexuality. That ain't something we play with it. We don't really talk about that. That's a serious thing. We don't allow people to say that about people if it's not true. So my thing was I just didn't think it was that funny. But long as you understand what comes with funny could be a fight. That's my whole thing. I didn't get into the whole thing of your privilege. He's a comedian, you know what I'm saying. Whether I thought it was funny or not, he's a comedian. So I don't get into that whole you know what I'm saying, all that extra black We ain't gotta talk about blackness with this, because I know that that's your job to try to be funny. My thing is this man may do something to you when he see you. You know what I'm saying, like it may come with consequences, and because that may, as long as you okay with it, don't suing. You know what I'm saying, Don't sue, don't yo squabble up. You know what I'm saying like this, don't stay. And that's my point why I didn't get into it. But it became a big thing on black Twitter.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I only take potshots at comedians and rappers who are under five eleven.
Speaker 1: And you gotta you gotta, you gotta pip your balance.
Speaker 2: It was just so I let it go.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get into it cause it was like I know Schultz, you know what I'm saying, Like Schultzer see man and he always been good to me, you know. And again if he says something I thought was wrong, I would get on it.
Speaker 2: Like it don't matter if we okay or not. But I get it.
Speaker 1: That was your temper being funny. I don't think Cud's gonna find it funny. That's the point, Like I don't. I don't think Dot somewhere on an it looking like this funny like that is weird. That was like, hella weird.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of being funny. It's more so like it's playing that kind of And again I don't want to speak for the guy because I don't look, I don't know what you're thinking when you say the thing, you know what I mean? But I feel like it's kind of playing that murky gray area where you kind of want to, you know, say something, but you kind of want to say it. So it's funny enough to where you can say, oh, I was just trying to be funny, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, I don't get the humor.
Speaker 2: It's not my job. I let it go.
Speaker 1: I said one thing about it was like, man, DoD Willa beat your ass. That's what I told you, thatd gonna beat your ass. Like are both those.
Speaker 3: Guys really because Doc pretty is little, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: No, DoD is about five to six, Schultz about six men and Schultz almost the same mind. Shots might be my hype. He's a big tall guy. He's not a big guy, but you're a talk guy. But that ain't gonna matter. Like it's like an animal, you know, I mean an animal.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 1: I just don't want you to sue him. I mean, I just don't want you to sue him. That's it, if you.
Speaker 3: What's interesting is it puts Kendrick in a position to leverage the new jay Z accusation and sue him.
Speaker 2: You see, I don't even want to, Oh man.
Speaker 3: That would be a really funny table turn. We're gonna sue the white guy for the sexual assault thing, and response to the perpetual sexual assault accusation thing going the other way, we're gonna pull a three dimensional chest one eighty.
Speaker 1: I don't even get into all of that. Again, I'm not I'm not even minding this madness that they talk about because I told y'all as that if we didn't stand up for Diddy like did, he should be charged based on actual crimes. I said, they would keep finding other brothers to do this too. This is a business tactic and a business negotiation. I said that people will use the court and the law. And the problem is, regardless whether Couz come out on top, he's going to lose business.
Speaker 2: This is going to fuck with his business.
Speaker 3: That's that's where I was gonna go with this. This is all the result of a precedent said by chicken shit expediency thirty years ago. It became cheaper. Look just settle signing and day stuffing under a rug and move on. It's cheaper. But what that does is it enables the process to perpetuate.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even finna even get into it.
Speaker 1: Somebody says something to me on Twitter and it blew me away, right, and I get it on Twitter. Shout out to everybody that that show love on Twitter. All of social media is because you know, again, I try to I don't know if you guys notice is if you follow me on social media. I really carry myself very standard, Like I won't speak to anybody. I don't care if you have three followings. I don't care if you have three followers or if you have three million followers. I treat you the same. I never really. I don't ignore voices. The point of hip hop is giving a voice to the voiceless. So I don't ignore voices. I hear you. So I will speak to people and I laugh about things that I think is funny. I ride with my homeboys, right, Like, let's say, this whole battle that DoD had going on, I'm riding with dot that's my man.
Speaker 2: No question, I know him.
Speaker 1: But it's weird when I have people come to me and they'll say man, glasses, like like you you know, you're glazing, Kendrick. So glazing is a is a kind of a geek term. It's a nerd term that's used on the Internet in response to saying like you're dick writing. Somebody h you're dick writing. That's kind of discussions like the nerd term glazy.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: And it inspired this live and he said, uh. It was a list of people saying obviously they're they're fans of the owl, they're fans of the hour, they're part of the parliament. A group of ours together is called a parliament. So whenever I actually say parliament, you know what I'm saying, like, I'm referring to anybody that rides with the.
Speaker 2: Isle the Owl. Right.
Speaker 1: So a guy posted a list. His name is jas not Online. Shout out to Ja's not Online. It says the Fantastic four of meat writing. Can't help with cringe when these pages pop up on my timeline. It's the hommy Screwface, John Busby, Lovely and Rye and a lady added at g Malone and hit a J three in there m and who.
Speaker 3: Was that lady? I have had one person ever n box me on Instagram with hate mail, which had to be a result of the show, because I was like, who the fuck's this lady? And I looking like the only common person was you. So I was like, I must have been aware of me from the show or something like that, but I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Shout out to and then we met the internet showing support aka equals glazing Nigga's crazy.
Speaker 2: These boys these days. To these boys, I'll tell you, okay, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't understand that you're there's a.
Speaker 1: Fight friendship there, right, So when people say something negative to me, I'm sure they want my attention, so I give them my attention. So I'll go to their page, right, And I went to this person's page and I was looking and their whole page is dedicated to Drake. The whole page is dedicated to the Owl. The whole page looks like a nest, just.
Speaker 2: Just our shit everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I'm like to myself, like, like, Doc Kendrick is my friend.
Speaker 2: He's not like a rapper.
Speaker 1: I don't buy his albums like I buy his albums because I'm just supporting a friend. But he's my friend, right, Like that's the difference. Like I buy his albums because he's my friend. Then I ask him to sign it. I'm gonna make him sign this, this painting over here in the corner, I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 2: He's my friend.
Speaker 1: So it's like I get to watch my friend, you know, carry on places in this business that all of us didn't necessarily get to, Like I get to cheer him on, right, And he's my friend.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm super supportive of him.
Speaker 1: People on the net don't even know anybody there's a port of So how what in the nerd logic would make you think that I would be consistent with glazing somebody when this person is somebody I can call on the phone. I could call him on the phone right now, you pick up the phone and I have him on his live talking.
Speaker 3: And if you called the owl and said, hey, how do you feel about this person here on Twitter or such and such heat and typical owl form say who who?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: So like whoever that person is? As like this man wouldn't piss on you? Like so it's weird that And I've noticed that logic, right, and that's what made me title this lot this stream that way.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like I've truly became the villain for being real. We're supporting my partner.
Speaker 3: I think these other fans look at like the two people in question, and then everyone else is just a fan like them. So they're just kind of like jeering, you know, section six in the arena because they're in section one and that's the away team and they're the home team and whatever, and there's not like, no, I'm actually a coach. I work with him Monday through Wednesdays. If he hurts his ankle, this is bad for all of us.
Speaker 1: And don't get me wrong, I understand why the streets in the net don't cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what separates the streets from the net is the streets.
Speaker 1: Specifically, what up, Geno, shout out to my boy Geno, boss hill Up. What separates the streets and the net is the streets. You have to be accountable for the things you say.
Speaker 2: The Net.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be accountable for the things you say. You are allowed to say what you want to say and not be held accountable.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that the Internet is one giant hairshop.
Speaker 1: No, because the hairshot, somebody could get up out of their seat and smack you in your face.
Speaker 3: I just mean that it's a haven for femininity.
Speaker 1: Sure, Sure, I'm not disagreeing with that either. I'm just saying, like I've heard other people, even from the streets say, right, I've heard people in the streets say the Internet is the new streets, and I'm like, it could never be the streets because the streets you actually have to be accountable for things you say. Yeah, you have to be accountable for the things you say, So that becomes the difference. But I noticed, like in this time, like right, the more the more hip hop I become, right, I become more of a villain, Like I noticed that. And again, make sure y'all go to the podcast tomorrow. It drops on Apple Podcasts or iHeart Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts. Bro, it's a really great podcast about gangs. And we're gonna allowated for We're gonna elaborate further on the conversation Wednesday on his Live but it was a really great conversation. And I noticed how people see crips. I notice how people see me even when Tupacmas died. Since that day, I've truly entered a stage of villainy.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I think hip hop and it's genesis is an all. It's an ally to the few and the villain of the many. Yes, that's that's a countercultural perspective in general.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I noticed the more I embody the spirit of hip hop, especially you know West Coast hip hop. Some people call a gangster rap, I am a true villain. Like I'll say, like I'll laugh. I posted something on Twitter bro about Drake when Drake was at funk Master Offlex and he was picking up his BlackBerry or whatever, or like, I'll make Tupacmas die, right, I'll make anything that's nuanced. I could laugh, and people immediately are offended. And I don't know what's offensive. I really won't know what's offensive. Like I swear to God, when I see Tupac must die to this day, when I see Tupac must die to that day, I have no idea what people are mad at. I really don't get it. Like, I mean, I get why they could, they could be sad, but why the fuck are you mad at me?
Speaker 3: It's similar to what we were talking about, Like post show yesterday. People don't want to hear a message that they don't like, so immediately it becomes about the speaker and not the message.
Speaker 1: Immediately shout out to Revenge's glasses, I've been on my village shit shaking my head.
Speaker 2: I'm nobody's friend. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know what if I got to be your friend in exchange for being like a fraud, Yeah, I'm not your friend neither, so I could.
Speaker 2: That's where it's at.
Speaker 1: And I just noticed the more I become hip hop, the more I become a villain like and you're right it like pop is a friend to a pop is a friend to all, like, but when you become hip hop, you're like ally to few and a villain to all.
Speaker 3: That is crazy, sure, I mean it's born of and representative for the minority of a minority, you know, but.
Speaker 1: You you never realize how much Like even listening to the Homie yesterday, I never realized what people think of crips. Sure, they really feel like crips still purses, and I'm like, that's a standard crime that poor people commit all over the world, But somehow it's been attached to cripping, even like the conversation that we had when it came to selling drugs, Like that's not associated with gang banging. That's associated with people trying to make money. That come from well really people trying to make money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just threw me away.
Speaker 1: I noticed it and this person was mad, and I'm like they like, like I'm actually putting.
Speaker 2: Shit on their timeline that makes their day bad.
Speaker 1: Like like I love Scarface, Scarface, No, I love Scarface, Scarface, No, I love Scarface like I love Scarface the rapper, Like this is one of my like like, man, everything to me, I'm not gonna defend no goofball shit he did.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna love the parts that I love.
Speaker 3: And if someone came online it says Scarface the most overrated rapper in Houston hip hop history, I wouldn't even you're gonna you might debate it, but you're not gonna go sulk damn debate it.
Speaker 1: If you said Scarface is whack, I wouldn't even talk to you. I just know you have bad taste in music. You don't have a soul. Shout out to two K grind on nine. I didn't even know Glasses had a song called Tupac must die. I go off titles. I wouldn't even listen to this song seeing a title. That's what I'm saying. Two K, I don't know why. I really don't know why. I don't understand why, Like what what about that title, like even being the villain now, like when that that title is poetic. I can see if you saw the tweet, but I didn't get what about the title, Like that is not how you speak about somebody that you wish ill to.
Speaker 3: There's a linguistic tie between must in this context and deserves.
Speaker 2: To no just who's on Twitter?
Speaker 1: So I get why that could do that, But this guy sounds like it would be a play to me.
Speaker 3: Sure, I me just like within the language, it's really hard not to not for those two shoulders to rub.
Speaker 2: Should should have been why Poc died.
Speaker 3: Maybe like Tupac had to die. I don't know. It depends, like it's hard to say or why I killed Pac or something like that. I mean, I don't know, there's a there's a million different ways. I mean, it all depends. It's to the ear of the beholder. I guess you could say.
Speaker 1: In that regard, shout out to Lucky Lawrence being a diehard Tupac fan, I actually get the concept of too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's really a simple concept to.
Speaker 3: The story of the streets. It's not even the story of Tupac's it's the story of the streets via Tupac.
Speaker 2: Yes, or or him being involved.
Speaker 3: So here's it's using him to illustrate the principle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like here's a perspective.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is this is the perspective of somebody that comes from the culture that I come from, having to issue out this level of you know, justice.
Speaker 2: And even to an all time great.
Speaker 1: So like even when people said two Pac months die, I think they thought to themselves, that's my opinion, which that wouldn't even be how a cripple said. But like the idea is made in first person. So again it goes back to that point where we was, where we always debate. We always debate if people are stupid, and I'm like, no, I think people are distracted. You know, what's something else that distracts people emotions? The emotions is something will distract them from garnering what could be information to be taken in, like the emotions of things. So that's why I don't think people stupid. I just think they're really distracted different things, and some distractions are greater than others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both are true. There are distractions. People are distracted, and they're stupid and the more.
Speaker 1: Really and I think that's you know, I think that's where our bond is, our bond is relay.
Speaker 3: I think people there's there's a certain thing that people if they're not incapable of learning, it's such an uphill battle to get them even to the point where they can learn the thing. Then it becomes and sometimes like I bump into stuff like that, like I'll try to research something and I'm like, this is so far deep into some sort of abstract physics or I but by the time I figured this out, the momental of past, you know, it happens. There's and then then there's just thousands of people who are entrenched in that industry and they understand it like they understand pouring a glass of water. I'm not that guy here.
Speaker 1: Just watch that Tupac Must Die video. It's a great concept, good concept project.
Speaker 2: It is dope. It came out dope. It was really dope.
Speaker 1: Shout out to fast Pac died with Lord, Yes he did, and he died or rider.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's that's how you're supposed to go out, if you're gonna go go out, you know, standing up for something you really believe in. Shout out to Demo Radio, thank you for the five dollars. We really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Brodie.
Speaker 1: If you or not idealized idolized pac you have a hard time digesting that song, I don't know if you really should, Like, I don't know if you really should if those two things have to be mutually exclusive. Like I guess idolized is a big extreme, so maybe not.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really idolize people, so I don't. I don't even know what the definition of that word is. Like like I think you like, like treat them like Jesus probably so, you know, but again, like, how do you articulate.
Speaker 2: Fuck man?
Speaker 3: I mean you idolize him because he made a brand based off of being the realist guy out there, yeah, and then the ultimate.
Speaker 5: Reality he embraced that and you were mad and guess you not that guy, but like other guys, no, and his brand was able to That's why it works so well after he passed away as well, because it was like, oh, this guy legitly was on that time.
Speaker 1: Shout out the name brand right or wrong. I'm a squabble with my bro and tell him later if he was wrong. That's how we do a name, you know what. Shout out to Dante eighty six. Uh man, I've never seen you at the lunch table, but I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Blastes, thankful Lee, I'm able to catch this live Love to pot, hommy man, Dante, I appreciate this. Fort Make sure y'all leave a comment when y'all go check out the pot again.
Speaker 3: This is No Things Live Exclusive TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: No Silans Live to Lunch Hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time. Right here, Digital soul Box. Click that thumbs up button. Gonna keep this thined cooking. Click that thumbs up button. Let everybody no share tell a friend. Cuts all that above go into description, click the link to the No Silans Podcast, Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: The No Silans Podcast executive produced by Charlomagne and God.
Speaker 2: The Black Effect Network and iHeart.
Speaker 1: We're dropping an incredible podcast tomorrow that really visits like it's called conversations on what's gangster. And there's a lot of misconceptions about crips and bloods that we try to start clearing up and bringing like.
Speaker 2: A clarity to because it is. Don't get me.
Speaker 1: Wrong, we all are are programmed by entertainment. But again, entertainment great entertainment really heightens and condenses a topic. It doesn't give you nuance, And I think nuance is what really helps you understand something, you know. I mean, heightening condensed is something to let you know something exists. Nuance helps you understand. And I think if you're listening to this stuff, coach, if it matters to you, you know what I'm saying, like you can understand. So make sure you get that podcast. It drops tomorrow morning. Get to be up. They got twelve tonight, so it's gonna be good. Shout out to two K grind Kendrick should have left that Mad Niggas beat alone as well. He just made me want to hear the original. That's gonna be a tough That's gonna be a tall task I'll do. That made Niggas song was fire. Shout out to Addne Bruce reincardinated was the hardest shit ever.
Speaker 2: It is hard. That is true. All these things are true. Shout out to Juice.
Speaker 1: I said, we're not really supposed to be interacting with the other fan base at all.
Speaker 2: We have no common ground with them.
Speaker 1: They don't like or respect none of our hip hop black core values. You know what's fun. I don't really think, Okay, this is gonna sound crazy. Let me prepare, let me christ I don't think Cuz has fans the way you think he has fanatics. I think people are naturally fanatics of success, right. I think people use pop people to make sense out of their own life. But I don't think it's like this separate fan base, right. I don't think it's just separate fan base Cuz. Like I don't think a Drake fan and a Kendrick fan are far apart. I think they offer something different. And again, if you see it as just music, then no, none of this makes sense to you. Only if you identify right with somebody's movement. Obviously, Drake makes great records. I had the same conversation with Ronald. Shout out to my little brother, Ronald Green Junior. Drake music is dope, Gee, I've told him this, right, Like, I don't think people come to hip hop. If you come to hip hop for great music, you don't know shit about music. I would never listen to hip hop for great music. I would go listen to Marvin Gay, very white musicians. Right, I wouldn't listen to hip hop. I come to hip hop for culture. I always knew it, even if I didn't understand it. That's why, naturally, I don't care about people's music that makes surface topics when it comes to the lifestyle. Like, right, I could like a song from you like I like Vanilla Ice, but I didn't buy the whole Vanilla Ice album.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I like different people who rap, but I like you know, I don't get into the albums. Drake is one of the most talent people. Talented people I've ever met my life. He's one of the greatest record makers I've ever seen in my existence. But I don't really listen to a lot of his music. Not that it's not good, it just really don't represent nothing.
Speaker 3: I think with a lot of like his fan base, he puts out a lot of music, and it's usually like good time associated music, you know, so they probably you know, a lot of his songs. They like the songs, they like the environment in which they're listening to the songs at the time. I think they don't want to people to get to be given an excuse to like effectively like shame them out of listening to Drake because they associate all their fun times with hearing like this, Like the soundtrack of their lives is damn near like Drake songs, you know.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the name Brian Kendrick and Drake philosophies are polar opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't quite know either's philosophy. And you know what I mean when it comes to the record, Like, I don't know either's philosophy per se. Nah Drake fans shout out to adding Aar Bruce Man, thank you for always, thank you for always supporting the Lunch Table. That means a lot to me, Like we really set out to do this dope stuff, you know what I'm saying, and it is a really commitment. Some days I do not feel like rushing to get up here and get on his live stream. I don't, contrary to probably believe, I don't like talking you feel me like I really wish I didn't have to say some of this shit that I have to say to get people to understand certain things. But God tasked me to do the job, and I'm gonna love doing the job. So I love being here for y'all. And but I just want you to know the commitment. So Addam Aar Bruce Na. Drake fans exude a consistent amount of anti blackness. This is why this is the only rap beef that immediately became a cultural war. I don't think it's a culture war because the owl does at rep present a culture. I don't think that out represents a culture. I think again, like people who like Drake, they like music, or they like records, or they like success, or they like the or they feel like, see, okay, there's this weird.
Speaker 2: Shit happening where people have declare war on the streets.
Speaker 1: Nobody's admitting it, but it's happening where everybody is looking at the streets like you know, other black people, Like I heard Oracles say some shit the other day, like where people don't consider it the black story, unles, it's a hood story, no, because without the struggle, without poverty, without oppression, what the fuck would make it black? Just your skin. If black people are acting like white people, is that a black story? Like a black person goes to Beverly Hills every day and nobody mistreats him, Peter, if nobody mistreats him, what makes him black?
Speaker 2: This is a weird question. I get it. It's hell of.
Speaker 3: Endless question. That's the parallel question to Drake. That's the parallel question to the Nigerian American experience. It's all of that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Spot the doc. We appreciate that five dollars. My boy, it's a day before my birthday. I'm feeling player good lunch. Internet acting like Kendrick is a pump because Sheltz is tall and bots before. It's funny. We don't know what he does and it's free time. I don't even know what that shit's about. That all that None of that stuff mattered, Like you know what I mean, Like you just gotta be okay with dealing with the things you say. That's how I look at it, Juice, we're polar opposites. G You don't see how they talk about culture, samples, traditions, and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Then people hate hip.
Speaker 1: Hop, bro, Nah, they just feel rejected, you know, what I mean, it's different when you feel rejected, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's different when you feel rejected, Like it's not about I don't think they hate hip hop.
Speaker 2: I think they feel rejected.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants a part of something that seems cool, you know what I mean. And a lot of people to me that came that learned about hip hop or they grew up in their existence learning about hip hop, especially like what came through Drake. Are people that feel like they're not that hood or they're not that street, or even subconsciously, whether they admit it or not, they questioned their blackness. Like even like I said when I was listening to Jael White talk like without like experience, the black experience can happen to anybody. Me and Cherry has argued about this on Live. Shout out to my sister Shery. We've argued about this on Live. The black everybody can get the black experience. Mexican people can get the black experience. Puerto Rican people can get the black anybody. Hell, Irish people, Italian people got the black experience. People all outside of European English white men have gotten some level of black experience.
Speaker 2: The thing that makes this different. Culture.
Speaker 1: Like I said, this is my own definition, y'all could take it and run with it. Experience is how people treat you. Culture is how you treat other people. That's the trick. So I don't think there's a cultural war, because on that side, there would be no culture.
Speaker 2: It's really the culture versus.
Speaker 1: The mainstream, and that's what's really been going on in hip hop this whole time.
Speaker 2: Dante eighty six, go ahead. I'm sorry, Pete.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the sense that, like the Greater Drake Machine was anti black so much as they were just lacking in degree of lack of a better word, just to be expedient blackness relative to the Kendrick Machine, and the Kendrick Machine was like you've been sidling up over here for quite some time. I'm just gonna give you a reminder that you're over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was kind of just Yeah. I don't get anti blackness.
Speaker 1: I think that's a bit ridiculous, but I get how it could come across that way. But it's only because people feel out it. They feel like, oh I'm not again. It's that same conversation that's been happening where I think there's a group in a very huge population of black people that feel like their ideas are being ignored for this, you know, minute group of people who are going through this stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's different Dante eighty six and actual cultural, cultural, and psychological world viewers at play here. It's deeper than just music for music sakes. I agree Dante, like, I'm not disagreeing. I genuinely think this is the same thing that happened to rock and roll like and I think honestly it started with Kanye, Like, I think Kanye started it. That's how we get to Drake, That's how we get to Jack Harlowe, right, I think that's where it starts at. But again, it's a really deep and nuanced conversation, and we would have to be honest, We would have to pull away emotions and have the conversation, and that's the hardest thing for people to do. Obviously, I made two Pacmaths die like I didn't. Even when you use one negative thing about Tupac or disrespect him in the song, people still made me the villain. So I don't know if that's a conversation that could be had at any mainstream level, even on No Sinners Live to lunch out. I would be worried about can y'all deal with the emotional side of declaring maybe somebody we all love may have not been.
Speaker 2: Good for the future of what this thing is.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my brother Fat, thank you for the two dollars, Fats, and I know that mean a lot.
Speaker 2: Bro, I appreciate that boy for real.
Speaker 1: Do you like fast, vanilla, good, gorilla, rap geet, Yes, you could rap. I could hear the culture bleeding off of everything you do. Shout out to revenge. I agree. At first it did win points around the women. I like women. That's how it started on Drake Fire. I can respect that social currency. You know you're gonna play with the with the O's light, with the O's light. I think Drake and Mitzi makes music for women, like hanging with women dot his culture completely agree.
Speaker 3: I'll stay a while back, guys were only listening to Drake. Well, the girl was in the car. What's the guy to the car?
Speaker 1: Dep Chester Shout out to the name man, I don't know, Gee. I think Drake's culture is the uncultured nerd that grew up now gas, money and power that's because they're uncultured. That's regular America. It's no culture in that. That's what I'm saying. It's never been the culture, y'all. Y'all missing what's happening. It's not two groups of people.
Speaker 2: It's the world.
Speaker 1: It's us against the world, me against the world. Drake is the world. That's the regular world. And then you have what Kendrick is doing, which is like niggas feeling like they're oppressed and complaining about being oppressed and talking about these traumatic experiences. One traumatic experience is a dude talking about getting shot at or being in the middle of shootouts or losing sixteen friends. Drake's traumatic experiences living in the basement of a Beverly Hills house. Uh you know what I mean? Like yeah, like not wanting to you know, don't know who to invite to his bar mitzvak.
Speaker 3: It's just different people don't appreciate how traumatic certain things in life can be. Like for Drake, if he goes to Starbucks and orders a soy latte and gets regular milk and he's lack of some tolerant that's gonna ruin the rest of his weekend.
Speaker 2: And it is devastating. It's so traumatizing.
Speaker 1: If hip hop feels therapeutic to you, you probably need a psychiatrist. That of course, that's hip People in the ghetto are poor and cannot afford a psychiatrist. That's why the microphone becomes their therapist. Yes, that's the point.
Speaker 2: Uh shout out to Bam.
Speaker 1: Okay, but do you think Black Americans that have a struggle can have a Black story?
Speaker 2: Yes, Bam, and and I'm glad you asked that. Bro. It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, black people around the world can have a black story.
Speaker 2: Right. But again, if your story is.
Speaker 1: Exactly like mainstream American story, then how much of a struggle or how much of a story is unique about it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's not a black story. I'm saying at that point, it's standard. The thing that makes the You gotta remember, the hood story is not exclusive to black people. The gangster story is not exclusive to black people. It's just a rarity in the United States of America. It's very minute percentage population. The people that live this street urban experience, and they're not just black people, you know what I'm saying. But again, if you're asking the mainstream world to see identity in people that's darker than them. Then I think that's the problem. I think, and that's to me where even my heart and to be honest, where I came from. When I first start talking about Drake, I realized what was happening to hip hop, what happened to rock and roll is going to happen to hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You start finding people that the business makes sense. If you can get a white man that plays a guitar really well, he will make you more money than a black man that plays guitar really well because white people can see him and identify themselves in him. It would be really hard for them to identify themselves as somebody that they know they couldn't be now either person. They couldn't be either one because one guy that plays guitar will probably worked his ass off to play the guitar. But for sure they know they can't beat this nigga. So regulate this, huh.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little more sinister than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'll be trying to give everybody a Benefituary I'm trying to be sinister.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, for sure, they like, I couldn't be this nigga.
Speaker 1: So again, it's like that's why they start to finance and white musicians in these spaces because it's more money to be made, right, And it starts with the first thing I remember is Kanye beating fifty cent in that sales competition. That was regular people defeating the streets at their business. So guess what The next step is a Jewish guy that can use the nwork.
Speaker 3: And to me, I think people are making the things a little closer and one dimensionally on a spectrum, like like Drake's Starbucks coffee and Kendrick is Cuban coffee at the gas station. Drake is Starbucks coffee and Kendrick is riding the five am bus to work without coffee. Like it's they're not even Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's not a coffee conversation.
Speaker 2: It's not even polar opposites, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mark give one of the Day one supporters and no slings the podcast. He don't even be tripping off the lives. Happy birthday, Gee, thank you for the ten dollars. Mark is tomorrow, but I appreciate it because I know we ain't doing a live I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Again, what made hip hop great, bro is hip hop gave a voice to street urban culture. They're okay black, middle class Black experiences have been on television since television just about existence, right. So it's like even in the eighties and the nineties, you had THEO Huxtable, you had the young suburban Black experience, you had Willis, you had the suburban young Black experience, you had Eddie Winslow, you had the suburban young Black experience. There was no space for poor black people's story. Like the closest you could have got to it was like like good times, you know what I mean, where at least a mother and father was there. And again, remember when JJ was even trying to be a part of the streets, like that shit was like not happening. So again, the streets in this ghetto and this poverty and the white people organize and speak and dress to bring value to their own life and said community, you feel me? Like that didn't exist until hip hop. Hip hop gave that a voice. It was the only thing that gave it a voice. And then that voice became so loud and people fell in love with it, just like they fell in love with The Godfather or any other street urban lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Al capone, you know what I mean, the untouchables.
Speaker 1: What's the two serial killers that everybody the man and woman that everybody want to be but they don't know they serial killers, Bonnie and Clyde.
Speaker 2: This this street.
Speaker 1: Urban underworld had. The street urban story has always been praised, you know what I mean. But it is rarity. But again you get regular white stories to go with that. So, yes, there is a black story. I'm not saying that there's no black story in suburban black America. There is a black story. I'm just saying it's not normal for it to be told. Sure, it's not normal for it to be told.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of the human experience that ties an interest in all the things you just listed as far as like those type of stories or different groups of people or whatnot is I think regular people are burdened by the reality of having something to lose that could be at risk, and they are fascinated by the concepts of people who are not burdened, like who act in the freedom to take on great risks and have the courage and have the circumstance that warrants having that kind of courage and freedom to make a decision on your own terms that most those people are too confined in their own But I don't want to fuck up my creditor, you know what I mean. Like people fantasize about waking up one day and being able to go do whatever the living hell that they want and having the courage to do so, and those things provide a glimpse in the the world of people who live that way.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Ravens. Yes, it can still be a black story.
Speaker 1: That was weird glasses so successful celeb kids can be black, It's not a good story for them.
Speaker 3: Really, Look, sure story a black story.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure they have a story. Yes they have a story. Yes they have a story.
Speaker 1: But again, like let's let's really, let's really pot Okay, you know what we hear, we hear after the hour, So if you still hear, that means you at your desk, we could get into the real conversation.
Speaker 2: What is black? What is black? Okay?
Speaker 1: What is blackness without struggling? What is blackness without people mistreating you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What is blackness? At that point?
Speaker 1: Like, what are we saying blackness is you know what I'm saying? What are we saying? Like like, what is soul food without the seasoning? Like like, can you make a soul salad? What does a soul salad taste?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know why there can't be a soul salad because it's a fucking salad.
Speaker 2: It's a salad.
Speaker 1: You already have a better grade of of of of of vegetables, like you have a great tomatoes. What's not in soul food? Lettuce, especially romaine lettuce is not in soul Crueltons are not soul food items.
Speaker 3: That's why Drake sold so well. He provided in a unique and kind of anti or ill you know I say illogical, but like an antithetical way. All those other things. You take the struggle out of it, then it's really just words, just diet music, you know what I mean? Yes, and you're just talking about basic whatever that anybody can happenstance into. So it provided a lot of people an opportunity to feel included in the thing that they otherwise would be excluded from.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Adam A or Bruce Nothing. Blackness was literally born in struggle. There is no blackness without that. It's the remembrance of it, even when you become successful. Shout out to my brother Geno. Yep, blackness is a reaction. It is a reaction. It's not something you just born in Black. That's why African people don't really have to pride themselves in being black, because they're already priving themselves and a tribe.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's a cheap he gives people a cheap degree. It's I don't have to endure this struggle. But we can talk about how we both like the strip Club and Konnak. So now you can feel a part of it by just having this glass of kognak.
Speaker 1: And and and revenge. This is where we disagree at. Drake is not a suburban Black story. Drake is a is a Jewish story. It's not a suburban Black story. It's a Jewish story. That's the trick. Like I'm not denying that that man is a brother, that man's a brother, but his story and culturally he's raised as a Jewish man, he went to Jewish schools. His story is a Jewish story. Every black person doesn't have a Black story. They have a story, but blackness is something unique and is not something that just passes through DNA. It's about things that are happening in this world you don't hear because talk. He said, the first time he witnessed racism is when he came to America with black outlets and like and Tyler the Creator is not as suburban as you think because he's from Harthorne.
Speaker 2: It's a really unique thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hawthorn is an interesting town.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a really different thing.
Speaker 1: And he's a skater, so again the street urban culture is different, so it's they're not the same. He's not quite like Tyler the Creator. Tyler the Creator was raised as a black kid in Hawthorne, his area of Fairfax. He's raised as a black man. Drake is a Jewish man raised in Canada. He was raised Jewish.
Speaker 3: That's the difference for like the Angelino locals, there's a big difference between growing up saying like Lati Hera and going to Westchester High School then growing up in Canada.
Speaker 1: But shout out to Dante, blackness without struggle, obviously in parentheses, struggle within the context of this white supremacist society would equal our liberation and we ain't there yet. That wouldn't equal blackness. At that point, you would assimilate into mainstream American society, so there would be no need for blackness. There would be no reason to group these people together. If the struggle doesn't exist, why would you group people together at that point? Now you just a regular mainstream American. That's what it is. Shout out to Geno Boss. Black is the ability to create food from a pig's foot and ox's tail or intestines. That's American slave culture, right. We call it black culture based off of most American slaves or black That is why it's called soul fool or blackfood. The struggle, what the hell could how would you saw up a salad? You wouldn't sol up a you can't sold food up a steak. It's too high end of a meat.
Speaker 3: That's like like I was texting the other day. Wealth is a QTc synonym for surplus. You aren't eating a salad if you're calorie starved because you've worked for fifteen fucking hours and don't have a lot of other shit on the plate. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Gino. Let me go through some of these comments. Shout out to Mario Paulo. I've been thinking about this, bro, and welcome back to the nunch table I sent you here before. Isn't hip hop kind of exclusive to the American street urban culture experience? The music for African street urban culture doesn't necessarily classify as hip hop. Now this is way past I think it should. I think that would be there. I'm probably not the person to answer it once you get out of these boundaries. But again, Toronto, I would consider Toronto street urban culture to be hip hop as well.
Speaker 2: Like me.
Speaker 1: Now, again, you could go to some elders who be like, nah, this is only an American thing, but I would imagine everybody has everybody's ghetto is being ignored, So I don't think it would really be much of anything else.
Speaker 3: I think there's been a lot of time in space within the greater hip hop experience, depend more regional than you know, universally speaking, but where like Jamaican dance hall has been very much a part of that. You know, you hear at the same club depending on you know, there's a certain lot of crossover there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Shout out to revenge, Oh I digress. You got to get a black suburban man to tell me that. I'll find you one, but I don't. I don't think that's the point. I don't think it's about him telling me what it is like. Again, it experienced, really doesn't that that doesn't that probably won't make you black. Like I get it that that's what people rely on the experience of how white people treat them. But again that's the confusion because white people mistreat not Peter White, Pete's Italian, but English white people mistreat everybody, including Irish and Italian people. So it's much more deeper than that. Shout out to steal here. Drake just happens to be half black, that's all. Again, what is black black without the culture? Experience almost doesn't matter the race itself. If race was a real construct, would be negroy right. The nationality will be whatever country be, Canadian culturally and ethnically, he'd be Jewish.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't be having this conversation if Drake was raised by his dad in Orange Mountain, we wouldn't no, no, and Kendrick wouldn't be calling him out for having an absent white mom when he was raised by his black dad or nobody would say that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Juice, thank you for that ten dollars, My boy, Them folks are way more anti hip hop and flirting with anti black than you're nicely giving them credit for.
Speaker 2: Rather stand from rejection or not.
Speaker 1: Bro, But if rejection happens, I don't know if that makes somebody anti something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know if again, like.
Speaker 1: If you beat up a kid every day, right, and then that kid for the rest of his life is like fuck you, he never want to see you again. That don't make the kid anti you? Does that make sense, Pete?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if you see a kid every day or you tell a kid they can't come in here every day, you know what I'm saying, and you you you feel like you're mistreated by this kid every day, and then now for the rest of your life, you don't want to see that kid. Yeah, I don't quite know if that makes you anti the kid or the kid anti you know, the person that's being abused anti the kid.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what that guy's really referring to personally, Like I don't know if there's a whole subculture of people all over the internet who are like Drake fans that are like blaming Black America for the recent challenges of Drake's career, and he's responding to that because they're lashing out and bat out of shape. That might be very much the case.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what he's talking about, but for those two sentences.
Speaker 1: Shout out to revenge. So no suburban black experience exists today. As I said, hood black has cornered the market. So all black suburban kids floating in space on the hood black perspective matter, huh, because the suburban black story is still way different from the white we are kids of game banker. Once you said that, that loses it. Once you tie in the culture, that loses the point. That's why I'm saying, it's not that that's different if it's.
Speaker 2: In your house.
Speaker 1: If the culture is in your house, it don't matter if it's outside your house. If it's in your house, you pretty much fucked revenge, you one of us. If it's inside your house, it don't matter if it's outside your house. Like again, imagine like the culture as a palm tree, like right, Carson is not necessarily the ghetto. Right the Delamo area where DJ head from Jason Cash a reason A. So you know what I'm saying, that is not the ghetto. But because the ghetto is within five miles, they had to have a response, right, So they created a gang. And the culture is right there in this what you would call it a suburb. They will kill you in Delamo, they will murder you there.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 1: So again, it's not as simple as the hood. And then if you say your father or you're raised in a house with gang members, your parents made good and now they move you to the suburbs, you still culturally are tied in. It's when the culture doesn't exist at all. It's when there is no access to culture. The closest access is online. That's when it's different. Now I don't quite know how you would define it as a black story. Again, it becomes just the experience of being mistreated for being black. But then at that point everybody can have black experiences if they're not English white. We're not saying something different. I'm telling you. If the culture is in your house, you are the culture. If the coach is outside of your house, you are the culture. If the culture is at your school in masses, you are the culture. It just pretty much all go together. So you will get baptized in seasoned and flavored by the culture, no matter what you do. Shout out to Adam A or Bruce, Thank y'all for the contribution. Please keep popping it at the lunch table. It's a great conversation. Blackness is only one person on the block paid their electric bill, but thanks to this court, everyone has electricity. Speaking Juice, what's up? Disagree with this take through laughing out loud? Black is black? Laughing outllow y'all more so describing hip hop right now? No, hip hop is street urban culture personified through the arts. But I'm asking you, Juice, what is blackness without the struggle? What culturally would be considered blackness without the struggle? Like, what would be blackness without the struggle? It probably would just be mainstream American at that point. Name Marin black is if a white woman clustered her person next to you, and that's happened to me a lot, That is definitely some black I got way more money than this lady. Shout out to Spot the Doc. Thank you for that five dollars. Again, we appreciate you. Brodie Man, I appreciate y'all showering me for my birthday. Man, we wasn't gonna have a birthday party to Wednesday. But we appreciate all the early gifts. We're gonna get some great lunch this time. Drake making fifty thousand dollars a year at fifteen on the grass, he doesn't resonate for a lot of people when he said, that's the hell of a bottom. That's a Jewish bottom. So like I think, culturally he's dead on. He started from the Jewish bottom. Now he's here. Yeah, it's a different bottom.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Dante. James bald once said that when people say progress, what they really mean is the ability to be more white.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Progress is a trick. Bad We're showed in order to strip us of our culture. Wow. Yeah, James Ball when is sharp too? That was a sharp man, bro, he's sharp. He got out of here too. That nigga moved to England. I mean he moved to Europe.
Speaker 2: He was gone.
Speaker 3: Well, nothing says pro black like moving to Europe.
Speaker 1: Is Steve ergo blacker than Drake. It's just such a weird question, Ronald Green Junior. But the answer is yes, you grew up in Chicago.
Speaker 2: You're a nigga man. You ain't getting away from being.
Speaker 3: A Nigga the actor, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ye, yes, Ergo, the character Ergo is blacker than the character that is Drake. Yes, Carson raised people are suburban. No, they live in the suburbs. But you know, like I know, if you go to where the cabbage patches are, if you go to where the the.
Speaker 2: The delamos are, the Stevenson villages.
Speaker 4: Are there, where where's uh ray j from his hood, Centerview, the c Interview area, you could think that suburb that is not no standard suburb.
Speaker 1: Again, the culture is there, so that is a suburban area, but the culture is so densely there because they border these urban areas like Compton that they have responded like with full fledged cultural movements. They are fully aware of the culture. Yes, that area is considered the suburbs, but them guys are not suburban.
Speaker 2: So again that's what I'm saying. Hip hop.
Speaker 1: While hip hop is very much street urban culture personified through the arts and elements, street urban culture is only grown in masses in that place. But that don't mean that that is like what do you call it?
Speaker 2: When yo? You know what I mean? When you can't breathe and you be sneezing.
Speaker 3: Like allergies, Yeah, allergies.
Speaker 1: But you know pollend, that pollend fly all around the urban areas and go to suburbs that pollend is around and people breathing in and there, and they shit changes and they have to live differently because they too close to the culture. They too close. So yes, while Centerview is a suburban area, it is cultured out of this world and then people will kill you.
Speaker 2: It is different.
Speaker 1: Same for all of these other places that's right there next to you know, that's right under the palm tree that we call street urban culture. It the pollen flies all around it.
Speaker 3: And it's that's kind of it's kind of a fluid murky definition. I mean Compton and its initial construction was suburban. Lynnwood's suburban.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's as as zones shift and thin, you know, like literally like like zoning in the legal sense, things change. It now becomes a little more subjective in your definition.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Dante eighty six. I suggest folks read Eve Franklin Fraser's but Black Bourgeois. If people don't think suburban black people aren't culturally in proximity to whiteness, then I don't know what they tell you. Of course they are d MO radio. Everybody can't have the black experience glasses. That is not true. Again, they can, they can know d like they can have the black experience.
Speaker 2: They can. People can be misch.
Speaker 1: I watched Mexican people that I grew up with beat treat it like niggas, just like how we were treated.
Speaker 3: A lot of people who moved to this country moved because they were having an equivalent to the black experience in another country. Like the best example in California is the Mongs in Vietnam. Yeah, the second Yeah, like they're like second class citizens out of there and they bounced.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, it's one of those things where I appreciate that Mario Paulo shout out to demo. No they can't, Yeah they can, Demo, we'll politic on the demo. I G hear me on ig Brody. We'll talk about it on live once I hop off here. We're finna be done in six minutes, so DM me on IG DMO radio, we'll talk about it on I G. You know, I'm gonna do a little bit more work today before I kind of wind down.
Speaker 3: And real quick, I think with regard to like the idea of this strain between conflict or between progress and black culture, that kind of logical conflict there being like if you're you're similar into white culture more or less because of the original starting point of black culture and the circumstances around it, that cultural paradigm is geared more towards just finding happiness out of something. So it's a happiness oriented uh, priorities priority, whereas white culture is a wealth oriented priority so.
Speaker 2: Called I call it happiness versus joy.
Speaker 1: Joy is more of a long term, consistent, residual happiness effect versus blackness is defining in very short term things. Sure, sure, So again to end this pod is it's like to end this stream, It's like it's unique, you know what I mean, it's unique. It's uh did The facts are never easy, you know? Displaying the facts are never easy telling people because what I'm saying is facts. It's not even my opinion, right Like, and when you really lay out the facts, you will see that these are just the facts. My opinion is a is a little bit more unique, you know what I'm saying. But the facts are simple. With the burden of culture comes villainy because you represent a minute. And the more you try to align yourself with what would be acceptable for people. You know, the more you try to align yourself at what would be more acceptable for people, you start to lose the culture. That was Martin Luther King's greatest fear, like as he carried on and believed that people can exist. By the end of his life, he realized that he probably was leading black people into a burning house.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So again, like Martin Luther King died a villain to some degree. You know, the more culture you are, you just become a villain. It's just how I go, bro, It's just how I go. And again, this is No Sellers Live to Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time, right here on Digital soap Box Network. Click that thumbs up. But let everybody know you was here. Hit a friend. I mean, tell them that we're back here Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Revenge.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to IG Demo IG. We'll chop this up on IG, We'll politic on it. Going to link click the description to the No Seller's podcast. It's a great podcast dropping tomorrow conversations on what's gangster? This is a really great pod. I'm really proud of this pod. Shout out to my brother, Jobs, my niece, DJ Nay, my boy Joey, Westside, Peter, everybody else. My birthday party actually is Wednesday. We're gonna do it Wednesday. My birthday is tomorrow. Man, just say have your Birthday's cool, but Wednesday is my official birthday party on the live stream. We're gonna come right back here but again. Click the link of description. Subscribe to the No Selants Pod on iHeart Pod, Apple Potter, anywhere you get your podcasts. No Sellans Podcast Executive produced by Charlomagne, Na God, the Black Effect Network, and iHeart.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Looking out for tuning in to the No Sellans Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced by The Black Effect Podcast Network and not Heart Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah