Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland.
Speaker 3: Security Grant Cardoon. He's trending right now in the news. He has a video where he paraphrasing it what he said. But he has a video where he said that he has fifty percent of his audience are black people under the age of forty. I think it was fifty percent under the age of forty, but Vogarden a large portion of his audience is black people under the under the age of forty. And the reason why is because he talks in street terms and yeah, makes.
Speaker 4: It, you know, relatable appealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So obviously a lot of people have uh added their their commentary to it. A lot of people weren't were not happy with what he said. Some people were defending what he said. So, yeah, what's everybody's thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: Trey You want to go first, I'm gonna go crazy. I want you to set it off. Actually, well for full context, I'm friends with his right hand man, Jared Shout out to him, shout to the team. Grant's book Tenex has had a huge impact on me. Everyone in the comments you have to worry. I'm not about the cape. There's two trains of thought. One is my first thought is why is everyone so upset? Grant has been on record saying it in work, has been super supportive when we have died at the hands of police officers, that he was supportive of the police. And he's had some statements that were not in benefit to us. Also, Matt was on live earlier shout out to mg. Matt's predominant point was, if you will go support everyone else and not support us, isn't this the treatment that we kind of deserve. I'll say it all the time. I'll give a price. And it's not until Josh Peter, Mike novagrats Cuban to come on and be like, damn Ian knows what he's talking about. Does it take a stamp from them to make us valuable? If that's the case in all the Vulture commentary, you can't be a vulture if we're running to him and giving him money and giving blat money. And Matt said that I've seen people give two thousand dollars to be on a webinar and get pitched endlessly and then TRUI shad They'll go do an event in Chicago for free and they have to tell you and promote the shit like it's a paid event. Why I have to give y'all sniper go crazy for Jersey to get y'all to show up to Hulu theater. Why but shout to joshon shout to Peter, if they come on It's like, oh my god, he is in perfect in alignment with the market analysis that they give. Once we and this goes to your point last week or shot. Until we begin to appreciate and respect our black entrepreneurs like they are stars, this will always happen. So now you have vlat Adam twenty two on the bus. I go see this and gonna clip it up and put it on this Patreo. Any white entertainer that caters show a black audience is somehow deemed higher. But can we be mad if we give our tea? And even with this the other part that I saw too, because I can understand what he was trying to say, and we've all done interviews where we misspoken. But Grant's a great marketer. He didn't use that street terminal accident. He used that shit to go viral. So when y'all get mad at me and like yo Troy Yams and always tripping, how y'all deal with that attitude? Sometimes you have to put on the villain kate in order to even make y'all pay attention. I guarantee when the sales report come out next week, themselves are going to be up three x from black people off of what he said. But you have to respect and love the people that are here to help you now. And this is the other truth that most people don't want to hear. Majority of the crypto companies that advertise in the Super Bowl feel the same way, majority of the NFT people in the space feel about black people the same way, and all the fucking luxury designers feel the same way. He's just the only one dumb enough to have said it. Those are my thoughts, So I think it was right now. But every company on Earth feels this way about us if we do not protect our tea. But what do I know, Metter, I'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: What do I say my thoughts?
Speaker 5: I'll keep it as plain as possible. I'm not even surprised. The statement doesn't surprise me because if I mean, he's talking from a personal circumstance. But if we just look at any industry, if we look at real estate, if we look at investing, if we look at music, is that not the same case, right? Is it not the dumb down the audience and double the dollar right? And the problem is that on the inverse of it is like what you said, we got to be exceptional.
Speaker 4: To be even looked at. It's good, like, we got to be exceptional.
Speaker 5: We can't have any flow, we can't have anything on our to even be looked at as good or even be respected in the same light. Yes, so that's that's the major issue. I'm not surprised about what he said because he's looking at it like, Yo, that's an audience that's untapped. That's an audience that I can you know, find revenue from. He's gonna he's gonna try to take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: And can we be real. There's a whole bunch of them just looking at the audience that we built that want to take our audience from us. M h If y'all don't see that ship loud and click like, I'm gonna be real. Josh called me three weeks ago, Hey, be careful about this person. This person, this person, this person trying to partner with you because they want to take your audience. There's a all white entrepreneurs, he said, be careful. They don't really want to align with you. They just want to see what you have and try and take it away.
Speaker 5: It's the reason why you'll see corporate calls, right. They're like wait, they've touched the base that we can't reach. How do we work? How do we how do we get to that part? And so it's a it's a fine balance that you gotta you gotta tread tread on right. But the interesting part is, well, let's see the reaction. Now, Let's see how many of that are still rocking?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: What's their take on it, if they if they invested with them, if they were part of the tenext company. Because we've been there and I've seen it, you can see it, right. Did it take this moment for people to see this clearly? Is what I'm really interested in. People had people had had people just you know, I had blind ignorance to it, Like, all right, well now this is great, and like you said, from a marketer standpoint, there they are a great strategies inside of some of the marketing that he does. But absolutely, when when you're the product of some of the marketing is intently done, is it for your benefit or is it for the person that's selling it to you? So we just got to be mindful of it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: But what he said it wasn't shocking to me. He didn't hit me like, oh my god, I can't believe. He said it was like, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, and Nike does it, and Louis Vatan does it. I'll see all of a sudden they were losing a little bit of market share to a couple other companies that they went to grab forar real smart same thing, Adida does it. You know they're gonna try and pass things up with ya to get that black dollar back in. We're seeing banks do it, and we'll get those calls. Hey, maybe we can find a way to integrate that No, no, integrate that equity. Integrate the equity. Hey, no, we're not gonna play. We're not gonna arbitrage the audience for a look. Well, you know, look we already gore looking bring that money. This is ian and the thoughts of the rad panded rebellion. This has no reflection or earning lead. You try a shot, right, Banks, bring the money. You know, look you're looking at us out as three. We're playing. You know what I'm saying, come up to DC. We're not playing this year. I'm not playing with corporate this year. I'll be back on Wall Street to bring if you want the culture and equity and all that actually help and actually help put some money into the audience hands too.
Speaker 3: Well. Also, they all they all do they all do the same playbook. So it's a variety of business. You brought up the fashion and all that, and that's true. It's a niche as far as business people that their strategy. White business people their strategy. Some of them, they have adopted a strategy of poaching black culture. They hang around rappers. They have events, and rappers come to the events and they wear jeans and hoodies and sneakers, and they curse and they use slang and everybody thinks that they're genius and they use that to raise their evaluation one hundred x and they become rich off of it. And it's going to keep happening because the rappers are going to still keep hanging out with them, They're gonna still champion them, They're still going to be doing stuff for them for free because they think that this is their pathway to become successful and rich. And the consumer base is going to continue to support them, and it's going to keep happening. Grenk Cartons Team Hit Earners.
Speaker 5: What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your businesssit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: They sent me an email. They sent me a dm H three months ago before he did something in January with a bunch of black influencers. They sent me personally a dm I never I never responded. We interview Grant. I mean, you gots he has some good information, but I already saw the play, like I'm not really interested in what you like that type of play, Like you know what I mean, like you could learn from anybody.
Speaker 4: The joint, huh, the yacht Joint, the Mastermind joint.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it was. It was something, but it's just like you know, I just didn't I didn't feel it just didn't, you know, it didn't speak to me like this was something that was was beneficial. So but like I said, and you know, we don't have to name names, but you can you can kind of guess to see, look it's a variety of people that run the same play. They have no ties to hip hop culture. They are not part of the culture, but they try to make it seem like they are part of the culture. They have strong and like I said, they only hanging around hip hop artist. They've only championed hip hop artist and that's their gateway into into black culture. And they got filthy rich off of it.
Speaker 4: Which is a smart strategy. But how much we allow them to do it.
Speaker 3: Let's not entertaining this. Athletes entertaining the same part say yeah, it's in the same bucket. And they got and they got filthy rich off all of them.
Speaker 4: But when we do one of them, it's unperfect. Why do you guys talk about rap music on the podcast list Investment podcast? I'm like cold, y'all listen to money bag, yo, more than y'all listen to us. That's why shout the money bag. We gotta do the arbitrage that Gary doing. And I'm cool with Gary too, but we got to do Gary arbitraz and get y'all to pay attention here what in order? That's what y'all look to call me.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, yo, why a y'all doing. Why y'all doing stuff with revolt? Why you're doing because this is what y'all want. At the very least, at least we come from the culture. At least we actually listen to hip hop. At least we can actually name five jay Z songs, like I could name the Tupac album. Like, if this is the route you're gonna take, then we're gonna take that. Like would you rather get it from us or somebody from the eastern block of Yugo Slavia that never even listened to rap music before? Like, if you go, if this is the pathway, let's just let's have a real conversation to be honest, this is the pathway to get your attention and to gain mass appeal. At least we at least we are actually authentic about it, you know, like we're actually going to listen to Caapolis's mixtape. So you can't be mad and be like, oh, y'all hanging around rap. Yeah, well, this is the only thing that you respect.
Speaker 4: This is what we saw when Don Peebles came out. The applause was great. Floyd came out with no lenses and crazy chain the crowd. You thought Jesus walked in. I looked at the crowd for those in the front row, look, I was like, I cannot believe it. I said, oh shit, let me go over or something there this Joe War then.
Speaker 5: Know, because we're so used to being entertained. That's why like having an educational piece. It makes it even that more palatable because it's like, yo, you're gonna be entertained, but yo, there's education in it too. And the reality is that the people that we talk to, right, especially if they're in athletics or there's the entertainment, they want to hit the information too big fact they realize it like, yo, every I mean to a person, Yo, y'all what y'all doing? I don't even think you understand. Y'all't even understand. I wish I knew. How do I even know? If y'all was around when I, you know, when I was getting my contracts, my life would be different. But these are the people that they look up to, their praisient and so yeah, we got to stand next to the number one. It's important that we stand next to them because that's what you look up to.
Speaker 3: But number two they need the information just as much as y'all.
Speaker 5: Do they have the capital because they have a certain talent or they have a certain career path that that goneh a lot of money, but they still need the education.
Speaker 3: It don't stop.
Speaker 4: One other point that Matt made is really key and it's sad, but we know it. He was like a lot of people wasn't familiar with certain entrepreneurs and the ones that are like really really really wealthy, they don't even want to be on social media because the backlass they face from our community. I'm not saying that y'all got to kiss our ass, but like I said, all the time, the stuff that y'all would say to me in a comment y'all, I never say to Josh. And then he was like, well, why doesn't Don Peebles or Robert Smith speak more often? I'm like, fro what they see the commentary too.
Speaker 5: I just went when QC sold their company, right, which is a victory. If you look at the comments, it was yo, y'all sellouts. I can't believe y'all that he's actually commented back. I think it was it was it was Pete. He's coming back like, now, y'all don't real understand it's not to sell it like now he's trying to explain to to people like nah, like not.
Speaker 3: There's a bigger play with that. Scooter Braun is buying up every record thing. We'll this is a bigger play that all of those comments. Look, QC loved them. They're geniuses, coach ya wouldn't that the piece face and p But there's some level of commentary, there is, there is some level of commentary for that. This more underline. There's more underlined. But is all of these business guys that's running that play. They're all vultures, every one of them I know personally seen it. They're all vultures.
Speaker 4: Can they be a vulture if you walk into the trap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a vulture eats off of a dead animal to stay alive. So if you look at black people, we as a culture that we don't have any culture. We don't have we don't have a culture, thank you. We don't have a culture. So you you, you, you bloodsuckers are the poor? You Black people have one percent of the wealth in America, one percent of the wealth in America. You think about this, Think about this. Your marketing strategy. You're white, right, Your marketing strategy is to hang around rappers and black entertainers, and this is the culture that you want to Why don't you try to make it off your own culture? You you you're trying to you literally a blessed point to Adam tow. You're kind of feed off of the worst of the worst as far as the economic structure, right. That's because that's the easiest, the most gullible, and you're looking at that as that's the most influential way for me to rise to the top. Why don't you try to Why don't you try to run that play on your own culture? This is what Dame said. It's never happened before. It's never happened before. It only happens with black culture from other people. It never happens in spinning. You never see it happen in any other culture. It's not happening in Indian culture, in an Asian.
Speaker 4: Culture, Filipina.
Speaker 3: It's not happening in any other culture except for black culture and hip hop music.
Speaker 4: The other part of the conversation is if Lee or and everyone else that is damed to be vultures own majority of the music rights and things that we claim to be culture, are they not just monetizing an audience that they already built. This is why I tell everyone if music, I'm huge Golden era hip hop fan. Belly Town track was my ish Some Some Ninjas by half a mil I played probably nineteen thousand times in my life. So when I go through New York, they'd be like, yo, you really was Rocket Rest in peace. Now we can argue he put nads on some of the god bodies. That's another story for another day.
Speaker 2: But hey, if you know, you know, but.
Speaker 4: No, I know he was a small influence. I'm gonna clean that up real fast. Massil shot the naves. No nows, ain't messing with you.
Speaker 5: I'm rapping because we had a great we're talking about We had a passion conversation with Joe because I want to know.
Speaker 4: But if they groomed us, now this is the truth. They groomed us to only focus on one thing and this And Matt said it on his life. He's like, Yo, Mark and Undies should be getting forty thousand live streams. And meanwhile, Takashi I buying Burken Bagson and it was one of the biggest things ever, like even in Mexico. Takashi's a star, superstar, Mexico, how they're like he and this is honestly got truth. He told on y'all. He ain't telling us, I said this conversation I had Sunday, he told on y'all even telling us. I said, ship good point. So if lee Ord and everybody helped cultivate us and brainwashed us and to not thinking about equity that I told you before when I talked to Ray Daniels and talked to the team over a death jam. No rappers from the Golden era murder inc Rockefeller, No one had four one can plans, no one had healthcare. How is that possible? The only thing that can change that is our unity together. We gotta change that immediately so no one can can take advantage of us. Take it back, have to. But do we want to back the power the power?
Speaker 3: Of course, the time is running out. My graduates from my school being forced back drop b Drop Mike Drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 5: Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.