Speaker 1: I Am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh it's you.
Speaker 1: I Am All in Town meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of I'm All in Town Meeting with Myself, Tara and Suzanne.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, Today we're talking about Season two, Episode six, presenting Lorelei Gilmour, which aired on November sixth, two thousand and one. And I like this episode, do you not?
Speaker 2: I love the most of it. There is one specific element that I could not stand.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's just get into it. What is it.
Speaker 2: I hated the way Loralai threw herself at Christopher.
Speaker 4: Oh well, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: At the debutanp well.
Speaker 3: But then again to argue he didn't say anything about having a girlfriend who he lives with until the end.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it was that was totally on him.
Speaker 4: He's also in the wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean I will never take Christopher's side on anything. I just hated. I don't know. I didn't like the flirting, like the whole stupid thing about oh I was looking at a map.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it was a little GE's ball.
Speaker 2: Like yeah. I didn't like how she just was throwing herself at him.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know, it's funny because the whole throughout the episode didn't bother me as much as him waiting until she leans in for the kiss to be like, by the way, I have a girlfriend and we live together.
Speaker 4: Her name is Sherry, and it's like right or you blind?
Speaker 3: She was flirting with you all night And also couldn't you like start that way? Like as long you guys talk often, like like if you say, like anything new, how's it going? Oh, I have a new girlfriend, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he didn't make like when she kissed him, He didn't make any effort to pull back. But I fully participated in it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's just the start of the entire rest of Christopher's existence on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly. I liked I missed the when he first can't comes back to town in season one and she's so skeptical of him, She's like, why are you here, Christopher? Why are you here? Like I wish she had hung on to that because I liked it better when she didn't trust him and then after like, like you say, this is like kind of the starting point where she's.
Speaker 4: Did he say at the end how long they had been together. Did he mention that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that anybody puts a number on it.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, does that mean that he would have been seeing Sherry when she called from the bachelorette party?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't know, because remember when she tried to call him in this episode, his number was disconnected. So the number that worked at the bachelorette party doesn't work anymore, so it must have been after the bachelorette.
Speaker 3: Part I forget that we're in a world of like house phones and not cell phones right now, so I kind of forgot all about okay, you're right, okay, which.
Speaker 2: Is but that's another beef of mine because people I see sometimes people are like, well, you know, Christopher wanted to be a good dad and Laurel I pushed him away. But this is this is proof to me that that's not true, because she tries to call him and his number is disconnected. Like if he was that close to his daughter and wanted to be a part of her life.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't she be like, hey, I'm changing numbers.
Speaker 2: He moved from California to Boston and didn't tell them, Like, yeah, that's crappy. I mean, that's not a dad that wants to be a part of his daughter's life. He would have even if he was trying to stay away from Laurel or whatever, he would have at least told his daughter that is that's total deadbeat dad to move even closer to them, like you know, from California to Boston, and he doesn't even tell them, Like, that's ridiculous. So I don't know, Christopher's just he's just crap. That's all.
Speaker 4: Well, the parts I did like was everything else.
Speaker 2: I loved the rest of the episode I liked. I really liked the conflict with Richard and Emily, Like we got to see some of the depth of Richard's character there.
Speaker 3: I think it's my only note. I didn't mind it. I think it just dragged on a little too much, Like it just took too long for him to be like why he was, Like, I didn't need him to be cranky in like four scenes before.
Speaker 4: Explaining to her why he was cranky.
Speaker 3: But I also understand because there was a lot happening, and you know, I did like that the see at the end, I loved just Laura like and I love that we didn't At first. I was like, I really hope they don't end off with a snarky comment to each and they didn't. They just sat there and I was like, oh, thank you, Like I had enough snarkiness.
Speaker 2: It was It was a good moment. And when Laurel, I was like, I thought, we just hang in Laurel and and Emily like do what?
Speaker 3: Also, she looks so chic in her gardening outfit, yes, she like.
Speaker 4: I was like, she looks like.
Speaker 3: A I don't know, like like a like a you actually know her out there? Remind me of you know, the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland they have the skipper.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what reminded me of.
Speaker 2: It was the hat.
Speaker 4: It was the hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you know, I kind of felt for Emily when she said, oh, I you know that was supposed.
Speaker 4: To be you. Yeah, but she didn't I like that.
Speaker 3: She didn't like say it in a mean way. She just was like feeling her feelings out loud.
Speaker 2: Right right, like she's already she's already kind of in a bad mood because of the whole Richard thing. And then it was like this was just icing on the cake that her daughter didn't have a you know, a debutante ball. Although I did at the beginning of the episode, when Rory goes over there and Emily's sitting in there with all her friends and they're like, you know, oh, you know, is she coming out? And Emily acts like she had never considered that possibility before. I didn't believe that Emily had never thought about it, like that seems like something that Emily would have been planning for, you know, Rory's debut or whatever. So I didn't. It didn't ring true to me that she had never thought about it before her friends mentioned it. I didn't. I didn't necessarily believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see both ways, to be honest with you, I could see it like she didn't. Maybe she thought about it in passing, but she was never going to approach the idea because it's lorealized daughter and she didn't want to be.
Speaker 4: I feel like, look Emily feels.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would have stopped her because.
Speaker 4: Emily likes Emily. Right, Yes, did you see the clown pillow?
Speaker 2: I did. Yes. I was so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's well, you know, it's funny because it wasn't in the living room the scene prior.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't notice that. I didn't I saw when she was on the phone.
Speaker 4: When she was on the phone, it wasn't on, it wasn't there.
Speaker 3: It was oh, it was yeah. Oh I saw it in the scene after Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: When she was she calls Christopher and she walks from the kitchen into the living room.
Speaker 3: It was It was probably quick because the scene with Dean and Lane and Rory, it was like from the angle, it was smacked between Dean and Lane, so funny, perfect. So I noticed. I didn't notice it earlier. I noticed it there. Oh, I got two scenes with it then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. It was good to see the clown pillow. Also, I noticed that that ballerina figure is me too on the piano, and then it disappeared. When the piano disappeared.
Speaker 3: It's funny because that's where the monkey lamp used to be. Yes, And then it took me a second because when I think, I.
Speaker 4: Was so invested in that ballerina lamp.
Speaker 3: But that's why in that on that phone call a scene, I missed them because I was like, I was like, where did this come from? And I was like, where's the And then I was looking and I'm like, where's the monkey lamp?
Speaker 4: Was it on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they moved the monkey lamp over on that table that's in front of the window.
Speaker 4: God, the Gilmore's move their furniture a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Gilmours just get bored and move their furniture.
Speaker 2: I could totally see Laurla doing that, you know, because she's kind of maybe she's into all her function way and she just like reads the book and it's like, now you gotta move your lamps. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't really have any other call outs. I loved the last scene with Luke and Jess. I thought was so funny. Yes, like he's just he's just being like such an annoying little brat of a teenager and Luke is just so over it.
Speaker 4: But it was fun.
Speaker 3: Moving the salt and pepper and then look at that pissed Luke off and he's like, all right, you're out. He's like sorry, like whatever, Uncle Luke and he's like, don't call me that. But even like the whole outfit, I was like, this was so it was so subtle, but it was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was a good scene.
Speaker 3: I like that because we didn't get we I mean, like last time we had, I mean the whole episode was basically just yeah, Luke, And so it was nice that we didn't ignore it this time because the episode was clearly all about like the Gilmours, but it was like a little drop of just something to know that, like Luke's still dealing with this his annoying nephew.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was a good little town connection because it wasn't very it was. This was not a star's hollow episode at all, So it was good to have like that little connection in there.
Speaker 3: It did have one call out, there is no way the bartender just left his stand at the debut, like to the poet where Lorea I just pouring her own drink.
Speaker 4: And also I love that the martini was ready to go.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it was already mixed, Like now, I do not drink martini, So is that a thing like they just mix it and leave it in the shaker. That seemed weird to.
Speaker 3: Me, No, because I like Martini's no you don't. But I also like a right at a party like that, you would.
Speaker 4: Not just leave your stands. Yeah, yeah, in the peak of cocktail hour.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, like when at the point it's not even like everybody was sitting down yet like they're literally wandering around with their drink.
Speaker 4: But I was like, Okay, Laura I Martini with a twist over here.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, I'm gonna be in Savannah, Georgia Friday and Saturday, June sixth and seventh at epicn So go to epicons dot com, Uh Savannah website to get the tickets. We're gonna be on the harbor having fun. So come on out Gilmore fans and uh, let's celebrate.
Speaker 4: See you.
Speaker 2: Then, I did have one thing I've noticed in the past, which was in that scene that I was talking about where she goes to call Christopher to ask him to come to the the ball and she calls him, gets the message that his phone is disconnected, and she points she tells Rory gum wrapper, and she writes the number on the gum wrapper. But then when she's dialing the new number, she's holding a notebook and she's dialing the number from a notebook.
Speaker 3: Rapper has disappeared and they transferred it.
Speaker 4: So I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of kind of weird that they went back and and she it's even in the dialogue, which is weird, Like she literally says gum wrapper and then you see her off a notebook.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it was like a like a pickup shot like days later or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it must have been, and nobody paid attention to Like the dialog. I know Scripty should have had an extra gum wrapper that.
Speaker 4: I would love to talk to someone who.
Speaker 3: Just for any any show, not Gilmore, but like but shows like that where it's like a it could even be like a doctor show. Like there's so many things I'm sure we don't notice, but like how the heck do you keep track?
Speaker 4: And where do you fall behind? Like was Scripty sick that day? Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, exactly because there the first time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're just we're just really going in on these poor people's job right now.
Speaker 4: They're like we They're like, we work hard.
Speaker 2: I feel like I may have missed my calling. I think I could have been a really good Scripty.
Speaker 3: Just by you watching this show one hundred percent, because there are things where you see and I'm like, did we watch the same show?
Speaker 2: I'm so nitpicky. I feel like I could have.
Speaker 3: You know, I think the issue with me is and and going through the show again with you, like I get too invested in the storyline where I'm just like so into the dialogue that then I kind of am like, oh, I'm supposed to be watching what happens in the background. Like I'm like, I'm trying really hard, but like, and it's funny because I'm great at multitasking. Like on an average multitasking in a TV show not my thing. I cannot look for stuff in the background and then pay attention to dialogue at the same time but be one hundred invested in both.
Speaker 4: So it's a it's a true gift.
Speaker 2: I usually have to watch the episode twice because I watch it through just to remind myself what the scenes are, okay, and then I watch it again, so you're.
Speaker 3: Not doing everything at once. Yeah, okay, all right, I feel better, Yeah, because I was like, I'm a great multitasker. But when it comes to that, I just like, like the I think the scene that I missed the clown pillow, I was like so invested in this phone call with Christopher that I like, well, miss that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I didn't have anything else, did you?
Speaker 2: I had? I had two more things. I think one of them is really a stretch. But I'm gonna say it anyway. Okay, there was the scene where Emily and Laurel I come back from shopping with their Bloomingdale's bags and twelve pairs and all that. I thought it was cute that Emily he told Richard that she got him cuff links with bulldogs on them, because it was almost like a little Yale foreshadowing. And I don't know if they had even made that Yale versus Harvard decision yet.
Speaker 4: In season two, but they went to Yale, so.
Speaker 2: Richard did yeah, yeah, yeah. So I just thought that was a cute little thing, like we don't know yet that Rory's going to Yale, but I thought it was.
Speaker 3: But we know that Richard went Richard and Emily went to Yale, right, we already know at this point, I think.
Speaker 2: So now I'm confused because I was also watching season four while I was sick, and so now I can't remember was that.
Speaker 4: Series you're jumping around. I can't do that, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I someone tell.
Speaker 3: Us in the comments, please before you rip us the shreds, just let us know. Do we know at this point season two, episode six of Richard went to Yale.
Speaker 2: I feel like we do know that, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably because they've talked.
Speaker 3: I mean early on they talked about like Harvard and all that, so I'm pretty sure we do. Yeah. But anyway, I like that because I didn't pay attention to that details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I actually had never noticed that before this particular watch. I'm like, oh wait, that's.
Speaker 4: A knowing Amy Sherman Paladin.
Speaker 3: Now, one hundred percent it was either a nudge that he went to Yale or the foreshadowing of she's going to go to Yale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, or considering it at least.
Speaker 2: The only other thing I had was Now, this one's kind of hard to describe, but I'll try. So in the scene where they're at Laureley's house and Christopher is showing Dean how to tie his tie and Lorelize painting Rory's toenails, which was a fun little callback to the pilot or the second episode, I think. But Dean leaves, they say goodbye to him and he goes. So remember how their entryway is. Now there's two doors that open. There's like one door that goes opens towards the kitchen and one door that opens into the living room where the people, So you can see the whole shot, and you see him leave through that door that leads towards the kitchen, but you never see him actually go out the front door, like you can see on the far right side of the see the front door, and he leaves the he leaves the view of the camera, but he never actually goes to the front door.
Speaker 4: It's like he's just kind of funny.
Speaker 2: He's just sort of lurking in the entryway.
Speaker 4: Again, I pay such to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think. I think probably when it aired, you didn't see that far right side of the screen, so you wouldn't you wouldn't see that opening, and you wouldn't necessarily know that he didn't leave.
Speaker 3: Because it probably got cut off on TV right exactly in all our box TVs.
Speaker 2: That was my husband actually noticed that when he's like, you know, Dean never actually left.
Speaker 4: But I want to go back and see that. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: So I have we can I have the time code. We can put some some shots on Instagram. But but yeah, oh and then I just also wanted to comment to in case people did not know that Libby, So I'm putting this in aress.
Speaker 4: Yes, she shows.
Speaker 2: Up later as one of now not as Libby, Like, it's not the character reappears.
Speaker 4: But I noticed the actress looks really familiar.
Speaker 2: She's one of Logan's sisters bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: When I saw when I saw her and they said Libby, I was like, have we seen her before?
Speaker 4: Like I had this moment. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't look it up because I was trying to get I finished the episode right before we started this, so I didn't really have time to IMDb all this, but I was like, she looks familiar. But then I just thought maybe she was like a background actress or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she the character has a different name, so it's not like you know Libby was also, wait.
Speaker 3: You said Logan's sisters Bachelorette. That's she's in like five seasons from now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so Honors Wedding, she's one of the bridesmaids. The same ed Herman's daughter as one of the bride'smaids also, So it was that whole that whole episode where Rory has.
Speaker 4: But she was only in two season two and like season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like five or six, six probably.
Speaker 3: I wonder how cool that would be to be like you saw you were on the show when it was like starting out and then you're on the show again when it's like this massive hit.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Lance Barber is the same. So he was the guy fixing the runway in the episode where they do the chilt and fashion show, and then he appears again in season seven, so tell me. Yeah, so that was another one where his appearances are like five years apart.
Speaker 3: Those are definitely like it's I don't think it's like Amy and Dan. I think it's just like the casting agent.
Speaker 4: Just brought him back.
Speaker 2: Yeah that could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so next week we're gonna be watching season two episode seven, like mother like daughter.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the fashion show episode.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week meeting adjourn.
Speaker 1: Dot ja.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody'll forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.