Speaker 1: The volume. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets for sports, music, comedy, theater, everything nearest you. It's really easy. Killer last minute deals, all prices, views from all seats. Best price is what you get with the game Time app. Game Time is obsessed with finding you the best priced last minute tickets in your area. Game Time has deals right up to the start of the event and even an hour after the start of the event, and the game Time guarantee is that you will find the best available price. If you find tickets in the same row, same section for less, game Time will guarantee you one hundred to ten percent of the price. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app. It takes under a minute. Creat an account. Use the code colin that's me col i N for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Twenty bucks off your first purchase. Good deal terms apply again. Create an account the code c l i N twenty bucks off first purchase. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed. You know I was thinking about this. We Jmak and I got into this discussion the other day and so you know, I don't speak. You know, once a year i'll go speak to a college class. I'm doing a US the USC thing here in February, and I do high school things. I'll speak maybe three times a year. And you know, one of the things I always say, you know, it's kind of the same speech over and over right. And one of the things I always tell young people. I may have told you, don't chase money there's a C of it if you're talented, chase good management, because there's not a C.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said to Jmac the other day, is the Cowboy job a good job? So you have an owner who does radio hits and postgame comments you have to answer to constantly. He thinks he's a de facto GM. His son is the GM. He also thinks Dak is great and should be paid in an elite class. So the starting point of the job, forget everything else, medaling owner. And as you've noted, there's only one way not to win a Super Bowl. Average quarterback paid like a great one. You can go cheap quarterback superstar wealthy one. And my takeaway is I don't think the Cowboys is a great job. I think the perception right now the Lakers it's not a great job. Lebron's run through like eight coaches, Anthony Davis is inconsistent offensively so at the end of games untilas Lebron in his twenty first year. It's a mom and pop operation. The Lakers have one of the poorest ownership groups in the line. Steve Baumer is worth more than twenty eight of the NBA owners. He could buy and sell the Bus Family thirty five times over. The Lakers is viewed as a great job. They have no young stars. The Cowboys is viewed as a good job, And it goes back to is that good management? Is that a good job?
Speaker 2: So I think it is.
Speaker 3: Not a great job, but a good job for a few years. If I were Mike Vrabel or Jim Harbaugh, I wouldn't want it. If I were Belichick and I'm like, I'm really only trying to do this for three or four more years, I would I would strongly consider it because if it's we are all in right now, you can mitigate some of the cap stuff with Dak by doing what the Saints did at the end with Breeze, which is like we will deal with that in twenty twenty seven, we're doing all you know, we're pushing it all down the road, and you do have listen. I think Ceedee Lamb is great. I think Micah Parsons is great. I think Diggs is very good in coming back from an injury. I think you do have, you know what I mean, some good pieces. So I don't think it's a great job. But I don't think great jobs are open. And if you're if you're if people are talking about Belichick going to Atlanta, that's a project.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That is it might have better you might have more autonomy, all these things. But as he knows, if you don't, if if you don't have the base level quarterback, you're doa you know what I mean from the beginning. So if I'm Bill and its short term, I think I don't think Dallas is a bad job. If I'm someone who's like I want a job for ten years, that's I don't think it'd be the right move. Like I But I look around and I say, what job that could be open or is open, is better than that one? I mean, if we're Bill, I'm sure I shouldn't say I'm sure But if I were Bill, I would have been rooting like hell for the Steelers last night, because the Bills is a would be a great job like that, you know what I mean? Like, you go, coach Josh Allen, Their CAP's not a mess, you have some talent, like there are some better parts there, but that job's not coming open. I think Philly is about to feel some pain now, Jason Kelcey leaving, whatever the hell is going on. I've never seen a team treat the first quarter of a playoff game like Game seventeen for a four to win team. They were like, we don't want to be here. So you know that's a and that job's not open yet obviously, But I don't know, Like, if you were advising Belichick of any of the jobs open or jobs that could be open, where would you tell him to go?
Speaker 1: I would say, listen, Bill, you've shown an ability to win rings with an elite quarterback and no ability to win with an average quarterback. One job has a really talented quarterback.
Speaker 2: Chargers.
Speaker 1: The Chargers Jalen Hurts is good, maybe a bit overstated due to the Shiken, Shanesdyke and Lincoln Riley connection. That would be second but there is no disputing Bill has shown no proclivity, no ability to draft and develop well or win without a quarterback. So there's no reason to believe he can address that if you don't have it, So the chur.
Speaker 3: That's why I wouldn't go to Atlanta. No, that's why I think the Atlanta thing's crazy. Or people have talked about Washington. Now I understand Washington is the number two pick, but that player's got to get developed.
Speaker 2: Like that's why.
Speaker 3: Now the other thing is this that I find interesting and people think it's unfair, but I don't think it's unfair.
Speaker 2: And maybe Bill wouldn't do this. This is really just a.
Speaker 3: Thought exercise, which is you look around the league and I like it. Like I'm wondering what team, what teams would fire their coach if Bill.
Speaker 2: Called him and said, that's the job. I want to go to your team.
Speaker 3: I know you have like so that you know right now, technically Philly as a coach, I don't know if they will much longer.
Speaker 2: I certainly if I were Jeffrey Lori and I knew Belichick will.
Speaker 3: Take this job. Yeah, I will fire Nick Sirianni. But that's almost too easy because he's on the hot seat either way.
Speaker 1: You know, not as many as you think, because I believe I have believed this for a long time. Less than half of the owners want to win first, less than half, it may be less than a third. What they want is profits and control. The Spanos families had opportunities, including this year, to secede some control to Jim Harboys the best candidate. Easily. It's not, I'm told in the building, unanimous. So you know, in the league, top ten quarterback, elite coach, you get to conference championships, you've got one. The other wants the job. Yes, So the only reason not to choose that would be profits and control. Belichick will force you and Harbaugh to have less control. And these owners, that is number one. Billionaires control people, their families, their businesses, their employees. They don't like loss of controls. Wall Street. Wall Street is not just about earnings. Wall Street is about the unknown. It plummets on unknowns. Often a company will come out and say, we are chopping ten thousand jobs to stop those up. Okay, they're gonna have a tighter right. That's bad news, No, it's great news. It's known. Owners do not relinquish power. There's only a handful that would go all call relinquished power. Gerry won't. Jerry had Jimmy and Bill he let him both run.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna this is on your TV show today. I made up a fake trade. Essentially, I'm not doing the coaching version of it, which is There's two AFC jobs that came to mind that I think are intriguing. If Bill Belichick's agent called up the owner of the Bengals and said, Bill, you know, would take that job if it were offered to him. Would you, if you were the owner of the Bengals, fire Zach Taylor to hire Bill Belichick?
Speaker 2: No? No, all right.
Speaker 3: Second one, Bill Belichick's agent calls up Shod Khan says, Bill Belichick would like to coach Trevor Lawrence. Would you fire Doug Peterson to hire Bill Belichick. I'd think about that one because I thought this year was weird. Figure out why you get bad and it's not personnel. I think I'd probably make.
Speaker 2: The move there.
Speaker 1: It was a weird year for that talented team.
Speaker 3: And listen, the easy answer is Trevor got hurt. But you still shouldn't go from eight and three to out of the playoffs entirely that, so I'm not like advocating Belichick go like, you know, that would be a good revenge for that Eagle super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, Douggie, guess what, I'm sniping your job.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if I were Bill, my my job's list would be I would go down. I would make my own list of who are the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and I'd be like, Okay, Mahomes won, Well that job's no. You know, they're not firing Andy Reid. That's not available, and go down and then see, obviously the open one is justin Herbert, but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So then I would.
Speaker 3: Try to find a spot where either And I don't think it's a weird thing because nobody thinks this is like unfair with players.
Speaker 2: So like if you have a good NBA.
Speaker 3: Player who's been a you know, you have no reason to trade or whatever, and then a star is like I want to go to that team. Then that guy gets traded and nobody's like, oh, that's that's unfair. Maybe it's because it's firing, but I wouldn't think it was outrageous for a coach who had no reason to fire their their own coach, fire their coach because Bill Belichick became available and they thought they were better.
Speaker 2: Like I think that happens in life.
Speaker 3: It's like your job was safe, but this super nova talent came into the world or into our orbit, and so your job is no longer safe.
Speaker 1: Listen, we know Jimmy Sexton controls college football fans have the overwhelming number of fans have no idea. So I'll give you an example. So, Kaylin de Boor got hired by from Washington.
Speaker 2: You somehow knew Jedfish was going to get the job.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew Jedfish was getting Washington. In fact, I got from me. Yeah, I knew Saturday night. But to protect Jed because it wasn't finalized and protect my source, I couldn't report it. So I'd rather have Bruce Feldman in those guys. I don't make my money on breaking college football. Kaylin de Boor, I've known Jed for a while. I'm not going to screw up his contract. And you know, had he told Arizona okay got so, Kaylen de Boor, I was told basically said, okay, Jimmy Sexton, I'll let you be my agent, but I want the Bama job. And Jimmy Sexton's like, I'll get in the top two, and so he knew Kaylen de Boor was going to be. So Kaylen de Boor I knew on Wednesday was going to be a top two candidate. He didn't guarantee him the job, but in order to wrap him, he was going to get it. And Sark Bama knew. Greg burrn knew that Sark wasn't going to take the job. Sark loves his wife loves often they weren't leaving. They called Sark is almost a perfunctory professional thank you for what you've given.
Speaker 3: Us, Yeah, and get him a raised at Texas. That Alabama job coming Bay was great for a lot of people's economies.
Speaker 2: Everybody who's out here are getting raises.
Speaker 1: Right right, right. So it was one of these sort of we're going to call Sark, but it wasn't. He was never ever, They never thought they were going to get Sark. So it was a prime example of So to your point is that this Jimmy Sexton is operating on multiple levels. He is promising interviews and opportunities. He didn't say Kaylen you're going to get the Bama job. He goes, I'm going to get you in the running for it. And so this idea that he was the fourth guide. No, no, no, no, no, Kaylen Debor signed with Jimmy. I want to be in the running for that. And so the idea that agents don't do that. I've had an agent forever you have. We're talking eighteen months out out, So this kind of stuff. Belichick's agent is calling and doing that.
Speaker 3: Calling and seeing what jobs would come open if you knew he wanted the job.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, would hit the same Brady picked his team. Bill probably has three teams he's interested in.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and by the way, I don't maybe listen, maybe he'll go to Atlanta and it'll it'll be weird.
Speaker 2: Maybe that'll happen.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really odd Atlanta tweeting out We've just finished our interview with Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just I don't.
Speaker 3: Know Bill Belichick, but that seems like the type of thing that would make him not want.
Speaker 2: To coach your team. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I almost wondered if Bill's agent asked for that. I'm not saying it. Oh for Hey, could you make sure Bill wants it out there that people are interested.
Speaker 2: Right, Sure, that makes more sense. Yeah, because if he did. If he did, I.
Speaker 3: Would almost because what I thought was that it was a stress test for the organization, like I'll go meet with you guys because maybe I am interested and I want to see if it leaks, and you know what I mean. And then saw that it was everywhere. What you're saying actually makes probably more sense.
Speaker 1: Bill needs to be viewed as viable when you get to be seventy. Pete Carroll when he stepped on the podium losing the Seattle job, he was like, my energy's great. He was talking to every other GM in the league, every other owner. Hey, it's not my energy. I'm going on a thousand. While he started talking really fast, he was telling himself, Bill wants it to be known I'm interested and teams are interested in me, and his agent wants that out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that that makes sense. So if you had to bet right now, where would you say, And maybe you don't want to say, where do you think he goes?
Speaker 1: I think Philadelphia and Washington. He's got a big he's got multiple homes in Nantucket. He's got a big spread, so he wants to be a private jet flight there. You know he does it. Bill's not going to go He's going to do Washington or PHILADELI. He not going west. It just doesn't. He doesn't have any connections there. And you know, by the way, if he brings Josh McDaniel, Josh McDaniel's northeast, he Josh has had no success out West, Vegas, Denver. He's gonna come back east.
Speaker 3: I think Philadelphia is the answer. Yeah, I think Philadelphia is the answer. You stay in the Northeast, you stay in a prime media market. You have a talented roster.
Speaker 2: It's listen.
Speaker 3: I think the talent on the roster is a little overrated. But what's not overrated is the d line talent. So you know, Belichick can coach up the secondary. He can create a secondary if there's anything out of thin air. And even if Jalen is, you know, a flawed quarterback, He's the best quarterback that Belichick's had in a half decade, you know what I mean. Like you go from Mac Jones and Bailey Zappy to Jalen Hurts, you feel like you're playing a different fucking sport. So that there is real there's real value there.
Speaker 1: Okay, five minute NBA topic. So this is a classic example as I brought my baggage to the Clippers when Harden signed, and I didn't really consider an obvious thing. And I've watched the Clippers twice in the last two weeks and it hit me, oh shit, they didn't have a real point guard for two years. They finally have one, and now Paul, George and Kawhi can just go be wing great wing players. And I watched them twice and I'm like, my take was Harden was taking shots from Embiid and Maxie, but you were taking the ball to Maxie's hands. The truth is the Clippers about a hole for two years. Then I'm a point guard.
Speaker 3: Which is why they actually looked good with Russ at the end of last year before Kwhi got Hurts, a version of Russ.
Speaker 1: So i watched them the other night again and I'm like, oh shit, this is a real offense. I mean, when Harden's on the floor with Care and Paul, it is a seamless, all star level offense. It's like they like passing. They I mean, James can distribute. That's that's never been an issue. He's really become a very strong distributor, and it's one of those. I looked at it and I thought, oh, I hate this. Westbrook was a grown up. So I'll go to the bench and then hardens the missing piece, and I missed it, and I was so caught up. Here's the thing, Philly Brooklyn, pardon, yeah.
Speaker 2: Guess what. You're gonna get that same fucking guy soon enough.
Speaker 3: James Harden plays nice for a few months. I'm gonna be the point guard. I'm leading the sists, I'm gonna do all this, and then he wants to cook. And right around the time he wants to cook, choir Paul George, he's gonna have something a little you know, he's gonna be out a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Harden's gonna get to cook.
Speaker 3: So you the they do look great right now. I have not bought in five years one sheriff clipper stock and I'm not starting today. And so, uh, they're like twenty one and six or twenty two and six over the I understand all of that. I don't trust. It's sad, but it's reality. I don't trust Kawai's health. Paul George is not quite as big of a health risk, but is and I do not trust James James Harden. If you listen, Doc rivers James Harden, everything was all good. Then he didn't make the All Star team last year and he was so pissed. It wrecked this whole mentality in their season. And so I don't I don't buy it. I do not buy it now. The answer is right now in my opinion, out West, you have the obvious favorite in Denver. Yeah, and they deserve the right to be that, and they are that. Then you have two maybe a year too early, but can't throw you know, can't discount them young teams and OKAC and Minnesota because those are well built, deep teams, and barring a ISAAC trade, I don't think there's another team in the room in the Western Conference. The Eastern Conference, on the other hand, to me, has four viable contenders. I think that Obviously, Boston is at the top of the line. Philly is really damn good thirty five points a game. Oh, by the way, I watch a lot of sixers because I get on the treadmill, so I get a lot of the Eastern starts. I've said this J McK and I have argued Tobias Harris. Dane Night had thirty seven in the fourth. Harris is a great three mb Maxie. I watch their ball movement now, they're really good. That's a really good team.
Speaker 2: They're really good.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee can't guard anybody, but you have Giannison Dame and you hope the coach gets better. And then Lurking is a team that can never be discounted. The team that's been to the finals two of the last four years, the Miami Heat, and it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah to the last four years. So to me, the East has four.
Speaker 3: I would almost go like thirty twenty five, twenty five, twenty as far as percentages, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, like four almost pick'ems.
Speaker 3: And in the West, which right now has Denver, OKC And Minnesota. You don't like Phoenix at all, No, I don't. I don't like Phoenix at all. And the I don't think Kevin Durant likes Phoenix. I you know, the I don't think that's gonna work. I the Clippers, I don't believe in you know, I want to believe in the Lakers, but you'd be a fool right now, like I said, a seismic trade and even that you're once again the Lakers have once again put themselves in a position where they're gonna have to expend all their energy just to get into the goddamn playoffs that by the time the playoffs start, like so, there's yeah, I mean, I don't The Warriors are done.
Speaker 2: I think just like done.
Speaker 3: You lose to the Grizzlies with their G League gruster, They're done. Is there anyone I'm just gonna glance? I feel like there's one obvious team that I'm just not even mentioning because I've been so NFL centric.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm leaving out my beloved Oh I was gonna say I'm leaving out my beloved Kings. But the that's not it, because they're they're fun, but they're not the team. The other one that is lurking and they're not trustworthy, but they have a guy who, even in a series against Jokic, can be the best player on the court is Dallas, and Dallas right now staying afloat when Luca's when Luca missed some time. I don't trust him because Kyrie, there's a lot of there's a lot of things there. I don't think Dallas can win four rounds, but Dallas can beat anybody in a round because Luca has proven in the playoffs he's as good as anybody in league on offense. And Kyrie has been unbelievable for a couple of weeks. But like that's those that's not a real contender. That's just like a fun scary team again unless they make a major trade there. And that's the other thing with Philly Philly, I think it's going and Darryl Sharp Philly is going to make a move.
Speaker 2: Miami could still make a move.
Speaker 3: Like that's where it is gonna be really interesting to see, like who stands pat who makes a move and what happens.
Speaker 2: Like Milwaukee's made their.
Speaker 3: Movey, Boston has probably made their move and feels really good about where they're at. I'm really curious where you know, where everyone else lands?
Speaker 1: Nick, right, First things first, he's gonna go pick up his wife. This was a great hour, buddy, I appreciate it. I just finished my diet coke. I went, I'm gonna go have I've been battling a cold. I'm gonna go have a beer with a buddy the night in a Hamburger. So I wanted to go drive.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what beer I hear is right?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Herd draft picks her draft.
Speaker 2: That's all I was gonna say. I forgot. I was gonna say, what's it called?
Speaker 3: I see it's at restaurants and everything. Now, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in all the Gelson's. It's gonna be Albertsons to the Delta Lounge. It is in the Buffalo Wide and Delta Lounge in the Buffalo Wolding. How many flavors do you have or like Barry, have a hazy I p a and then a lagger lagger our Pilsner, our pillsner one the Bruski for the best new beer in America.
Speaker 2: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna come out because because here's the reason I asked it is, of course selfish reasons.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna come.
Speaker 3: Out with a third variation, I might license my name for free, just to just to be able to say, justin I'm never gonna have my own beer line, just to be like the what's right Pilsner or something?
Speaker 1: I don't know, if I don't make a penny on it, I love our pilsner and I I'll go have one of mine tonight. So at the club, I go to the nine hundred club. He put a keg in. He put it in, and I said, don't you don't need to do this. But I'm so proud of it because when we made it, I said, listen, it's not about a profit thing. It's got to be a good beer. I don't want to do a celebrity shitty vodka beer wine. Like, let's do it right. Let's don't worry about profit. Our guys have worked so hard. Our brewmaster, I think the pilsner is my favorite pilsner.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's awesome. Well, I'm glad. We'll go enjoy the beer.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go pick up my wife from the airport and I'll talk to you soon
Speaker 1: Right, buddy, see it the volume